Random Image

patchwork quilt

Owner:
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:23:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for November 15, 2018

Started by so_P_bubble, November 15, 2018, 02:25:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mary Ann

Callie, I followed your directions (I think) and it didn't work.  I put Code in and then the icons and that didn't work.  It takes too much time to try something new.  I'll keep your instructions handy but for now I'm going to do it MY WAY!

Shirley, neat story about your traffic jam and other problems in KC; there are (were?) good people everywhere.

Mary Ann

JaneS

I'm home from work and I'm beat!  Doesn't matter which end you work this week.  They're there!  I think I'm going to go take a mini-snooze before I try to do anything else around here. 

AMY's right, SHIRLEY.  You wouldn't have to do a thing except be there between us and we'd feed you!  You'd soon need new clothes too if you ate all the candy.  You get the same sideways spread!

CALLIE, I do the set up for posting the same way you do starting with the B first.  It works for me but I only use a 3 for the font size.  That looks about like what I was using before. 

Oldiesmann, I thought you were just a shadow figure.  You came, fixed things and left.  You never seemed to hang around and chat and here you are!  Nice to see you!

Roley, I usually ignore anyone who is finished with their Christmas shopping this early.  It's just not the thing to do.  Or at least it's not the thing I do.  A lady checked out through y line today and remarked to her child that they were "finished with the Christmas Shopping".  It was all I could manage no to swat her up side the head! Back in the "olden days" when I was raising my family, the Christmas Club checks didn't even come out until after Thanksgiving!

I'm off to grab a few zzzzs.  Later friends!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Oldiesmann

I hang around and chat every now and then. I usually don't stick around too much as I'm much younger than everyone else here, but I've been sticking around longer lately to help with any issues arising from the recent update :)

CallieOK

Thanks, Shirley. I'm guessing that her family will get her on the road before any "weather" gets that far.

We had a Filipino exchange student one year in Leadville.  We were bringing him to Amarillo and Oklahoma for Spring Break but got stopped in Raton NM because of snow on Raton Pass.  We should have just turned around and gone back home but - no! - we spent the night in a motel with all the other travelers.
The next morning, we learned that the highway east to Springfield CO was open so we - and about 10 other cars headed out.  The countryside was flat wide-open ranch country.
We stopped in a tiny little town's diner for a late lunch, gas and snacks. Just after dark the line of cars was stopped by a huge snow drift across the road.  Everyone spent that night in the cars - watching snowplow lights coming toward us and then turning around and going away.
The next morning, we saw an abandoned country store and everybody took whatever food they had with them into it.  There was a pot-belly stove so we were warm and fed but stranded  (this was before cell phones).  Finally, a couple of AF Academy cadets hiked to the nearest farmhouse - where they discovered the Highway Dept. had declared that road was open!!!!!
 We also learned that we were right on the county line and the snow plow only went that far and then turned back.  Fortunately, the phone lines were o.k. and the county was very surprised to learn about the predicament.
We were rescued just before dark and surely were glad to get to a restaurant in Springfield.  Don't know what the others did but, as soon as we had hot meals in our tummies, we headed for Amarillo and very relieved family.
My mother had called the CO Highway Dept. but they told her the road was open and they couldn't search for anyone until they'd been missing for - I think it was three days.

Our exchange student came back to visit a couple of years later and I asked him what he remembered about this experience.  He said he had never been so scared in his entire life.  (Neither had we!!!!)

Yard crew blew all the leaves into piles again today.  They picked up the ones in front but, just like last time, left the ones in the back.  If they don't pick those up,  I'm going to put on my best schoolteacher tone and Complain!!!!

JaneS

OLDIESMANN, we don't care how young you are.  Just don't make nasty cracks about dumb old people and we'll keep you around.  Oh right, we'll keep you around anyway.  You fix stuff we break!   ;D  :smitten:

JaneS

Well, I can't figure out how to change the time so I'm giving up and putting stuff away, letting the dogs out and going to bed early.  Tomorrow is another day...a busy one!

Good night my friend!

Mary Ann

Jane, got to Norm's B&T, look for a recent post (today or yesterday) from Patricia (Angelface) directed to me about changing the time.  I followed directions and it worked!!!  One thing, where she says to click on your portrait, she means the avatar.  I was clicking on my profile.  Try it.

Mary Ann

June Drabek

I don't know where my messaged ended up, but it wasn't that important.
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Amy

Jane, as Mary Ann said click on your avitar........it will bring you to your profile. Then click on forum profile and then click on look and layout. There you will see time zones...choose yours ..

Heading back to bed, ..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Amy

Good morning everyone..
We got a light skiff of snow ,nothing to worry about though..Off to the city for hubby's appointment then meeting up with the kids for lunch. Just let the dog back in and it is still snowing! Another trip to Costco to pick up a few things for us and some for the neighbour. Have requests from 3 friends that want butter that is on sale at Sobeys for $2.99 a lb. I am not sure they will let me have the total in one trip or I may have to make a few trips....better to let me have it the first time.  ;)

Enjoy your day everyone..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Lloyd Hammond

wow I think i have finely got to where I can post. well My uncle would pick up any stranger and even go out of there way to deliver them to where they wanted to go. one day he picked up one such person he got in the back seat behind my aunt and soon got out a knife and held it to her through t she had heart trouble and had a seausher uncle drove to a near by hospital and the fellow jumped out and ran when uncle stopped they got help at the hospital and revived her. all turned out well, but that was last time he picked up a strange hitchhiker. sure hope this posts alright and I can fiend my way back again.

Lloyd

roley

G'morning all. Larry, like you we too give the eldest money as Christmas presents, that just leaves three younger ones to actually buy presents for,fortunately our daughter takes Jean (my other half) out shopping so as soon as we get the message of who need's what for Christmas, then Jean get's it!, JaneS} I do remember when we were both younger and working, the mad Christmas rush to get presents,Turkey etc, back in those days (here) stores,shops all used to shut at 5pm!,how our wives,mothers managed everything I guess we will never know, with late night shopping it certainly is easier to shop early for Christmas these days ! even though I cannot myself !. :thumbup:
                                      Cheers.  Roley.                                         

Cheers. Roley.
[/font]

JaneS

Well, my post went off into limbo when I went to try changing the time.  I think I'll give that up.  Under my profile it says the correct local time and then the little clock says something different and there's no way to change it.  Nothing give me any options for change.  I think my brain is numb. 

To reconstruct, I have to be on the road today to deliver my niece's candy to my grandnieces at their college before they head home for Thanksgiving.  They also have Starbucks coffee for my giving from their Mom.  And when they go for Christmas, they'll take Christmas presents along back with them. 

Please keep my BI LOVE in your prayers.  He made another emergency trip to the hospital due to an infection.  I think he's finding the fight harder and harder to do but he doesn't want to let go. 

When I get back from that run, hopefully I'll still have the energy to bake because that's my project for today.  Now I'm going to post this and go get dressed.  Today is my last full day before I do four hours Wed. Thurs and Friday and also celebrate Thanksgiving with my daughter and her family. 

Enjoy your day Everyfriend!  Make it your own in every way!

Mary Ann

Jane, I think we've all had trouble with the Weather/Time clock.  I don't know how to change that so I ignore it.  I notice the temperature that shows is close to my actual temperature, but it doesn't matter. 

I got up about 6 am and went back to bed about 7:30, slept with the company of the cat until 9 am when I told him I had to get up so he got up too. 

Tom is off to work - sub-teaching - so I won't see him until late afternoon.  He loves the work.  I wish he could teach full time, but he doesn't have the education qualifications and I doubt he'd want to go back to school at 61 to be qualified. 

Our temperature is under 30 degrees now and I doubt it will get much over 30, however, I saw where we should be in the low 40s by the weekend when we have our Thanksgiving.

Mary Ann

Lloyd Hammond

I do not know who is guilty for messing up S& F form from the way it was but I am not with the way it is now
Lloyd

larryhanna

Hi Everyone. I am back from an early morning trip to Walmart to pick up a few items.  I wanted to get there early so I could get an electric cart to get around the store.  When I went in there were two available.  The first one had power but something wrong and it wouldn't roll.  I got on the other one only to find it was dead.  So I had to walk to the other end of the store but was able to get a working cart there and complete my shopping.  Everything is put away and now I shouldn't have to shop again until next week.  I now have the rest of the day free and to rest up from the trip to the store. Just as I came out of Walmart it started to rain a bit but by the time I got home it had quit.  It is suppose to get into the low 60's this afternoon. We are having some of the chili Pat made the other day for our dinner tonight so that will be easy with little to clean up.

Shirley, I think you can now see the smileys in either posting box thanks to Oldiesmann's efforts on our behalf.  I see you all had quite an experience in Kansas City years ago getting stuck in the snow.  We lived on 63rd street in Raytown for 9 years plus Pat grew up in Independence so have a pretty good remembrance of many of the streets around Kansas City. 

Lloyd, glad to see your posting this morning. I will not pick up a hitchhiker as it just isn't safe anymore.  The police urge us not to pick anyone up.  Did the hitchhiker rob you uncle? 

Jane, so sorry your BIL is having more medical problems.  When I was at Walmart this morning I spoke to one of the ladies opening cartons and stocking and commented about there being so many cartons to be unpacked and the items shelved and she said "Black Friday"  and I assured her that I wouldn't be among those shoppers.  Working three days in a row is a lot considering how busy you are likely to be.  I wonder if banks still have Christmas Clubs?  I haven't heard about those for years. 

roley, we had decided to give our son some new towels and wash clothes for Christmas although he had begged us not to get him anything as we have helped him out throughout the year but that was never going to happen.  Our granddaughter asked for her Christmas present early a few weeks ago as she wanted a new computer Tablet.  We will probably give her a check.  My wife still gets a few things to send to her sister but usually gets those online.  As I said before our great grandchildren and their father will get money from us.  Pat and I give ourselves Christmas presents throughout the year when we decide we want something.  So I haven't decided whether I will get her something else but probably will.  I told our son last week that what he does for us to help us is a wonderful year round Christmas present.  All of our wants and needs are met and we don't need anything else to sit around on a shelf. 

Amy, I hope you have a successful shopping experience today. We are staying away from Costco this week as know they will be very busy.  I know you will enjoy your lunch with your daughter. 

June, sorry your message when awry. 

Callie, that was some memorable trip you had years ago.  You all sure gave the Exchange Student something to remember all of his life.

Oldiesmann, thanks for spending a little more time hanging around with us.  We don't bite.  However know you have other things to do.  Each day things get better and I hope we can eventually get all of our posters comfortable posting again. 

Linedancer, all you needed was a ] after the b in your message and your message would have shown bold.  If you notice the ending b tag has the brackets around them.

JaneS

Here I am finished with all that was planned for today.  Maybe I'll dip the pretzels tonight.  That won't take long.  I'll see how I feel after supper. 

My niece's candy for gifts to friends has been delivered to my grandniece and is probably in her hands by now.  They were leaving around 11 or so this morning to go home.

The Starbucks Christmas Blend that they got for me for gifts is in my possession now, too.  Things are moving along.

I have 3 of Amy's gumdrop cakes cooling on the rack in the kitchen and I couldn't wait to try them.  One is cooling minus  large chunk that I ate.  Ummmm Ummmmm Gooood!

The pie crusts are rolled and chilling in the fridge waiting for the filling and the baking tomorrow night.  The filling is the easy part.  I've been doing that so much of my life that I could do it in my sleep.  However, I've never been good at pie crust.  I think these that I made today must have had diving help because they sure do look nice.  I hope they taste as good as my mother's but I think that would be a bit of a stretch!

Now I'm going to close my eyes until Annie tells me it's time for supper and LARRY, I'm having leftover Chili, too!

Hope your day went well!

NOTE TO LARRY,  In our store, if there's not a working cart at the end where you come in, the greeter will go to te other end and bring one back for you.  You should ask at your store.  They did that at the the store in Texas where I worked two summers, too.  They don't know if you don't ask!

Amy

We are home tuckered out!!Hubby was lucky and got in 20 mins before appointed time and then we went to meet the kids..BOTH of them :thumbup: 

Picked up the items that were needed and headed home. Thankfully the snow had stopped and we had clean roads to travel on.

Jane, I don't dare get into that loaf. I did get into the cherry loaf though....one has to taste it to make sure it is good for others :thumbup:  I picked up more cherries today, red and green for the next ones. Oh my was it good!!

Lloyd , good to see you in here..

I thought I would do some baking tonight but that is not happening..tomorrow is another day :)
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

AMY, are the cherry ones made with candied cherries?

I think I'm going to give one of the gumdrop cakes to the nice folks across the street who do so much for me....including snow blowing my driveway.  And I'm taking the other one to Cathy's on Thanksgiving.  The third one, you'll have to guess where that's going?

Lindancer

[I am just testing again  aT FIRST I thought I knew what I was doing. I cannot see what I am writing I go to preview every thing looks fine, when i see it in the post it is small letters again

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Lindancer

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Shirley

Busy day spinning my wheels, looking for things. I finally got all the e-birthday cards made last night, using the family photo we took Sat. Computer with Paint Shop Pro on wouldn't allow me to attach them after I created, then it wouldn't read the SD cards I tried (to move them to the newer computer)... Couldn't find any SD card under a 2GB so I waited for the old computer to cool down & sure enough, it let me attach & I mailed each one to myself in one e-mail & picked up on the newer computer to send to individuals.

When searching for one of the smaller SD cards, I wanted to check pockets in the purse I've been using (until my daughter gave me a new Never Full Louie tote) but can't find that purse anywhere! Life has been crazy around here & changing purses in one job I hate to do, also don't move furniture. My daughter loves purses & keeps giving me new ones that "are perfect for me". I will be looking all night until I find it, just not something easily misplaced!

Callie, what a nightmare trip! I'm sure you were even more concerned with the responsibility of the foreign student. Expect he has never had an experience like that again.

Jane, I was in Walmart today & it was a zoo... every line was full & super slow with things going wrong. Felt sorry for all the checkers, they had to be ready to scream but kept on smiling.

I'm going to use the #3 for size & see if that is big enough for everyone, using Arial font.

Mary Ann

Funny Shirley, but your 3 size looks like my 4 so now I'll compare.

I see your font is different and that may be the difference because 3 and 4 look almost alike.

Mary Ann

JaneS

Since everyone is using 4 I decided that I'd give it a try.  I'm off to bed as soon as Annie decides to come in.  Tomorrow is a WM day and after what Shirley just said, I'm not looking forward to it.  Thank goodness I don't have to do it all day!

I wish you a good night and a great tomorrow!  And may God bless us, every one!

Shirley

Mary Ann, you are right that the different fonts make the size different. I came
to see if I could figure how to upload the family photo taken Sat ... and see the
instructions above so not sure what is going to happen. I'm on the old computer so
had to deal with it having updates & restarting, etc. Not sure what will happen with
the photo, not supposed to post one in here so will delete??? if it shows up.

Deleted that photo in the Gallery, put it in again over in Photos.. but was still here so I did the quick edit & now I am stuck with a new post because the "edit" doesn't have all the choices of size/font/color/etc.. that I could find.

Lloyd Hammond

I wish you all a great day just as you like.
Have a good today and a better tomorrow.
Lloyd

Amy

Good morning everyone...

My dates are here this morning, not sure which one I will waltz with yet as the snow is still coming down.

Jane, I hope you have an easy day at work ,I am sure the tills will be ringing out today.

Lloyd, good morning to you.

Enjoy your day everyone
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend! We slept in a bit this morning after a fitful start last night.  I think I finally went into a good sleep around 2 a.m.  and I woke up at 7 when the dogs started to shift around.

I feel like I'm going to make it now.  The candy will befinished by the end of the coming weekend and I found the large goody bags I make up for each family so they are ready to go.  I've delivered to Suzi for her friends and the coffee is here for me to give.  There isn't much left to do in the way of candy but I still have to roll out potpie and let it dry well so I can send some to Texas and Oklahoma and give some to Courtney when she comes for a visit.  Then I can start on the wrapping of the gifts I have and the packing of those that need to be sent. 

I'm making progress!

My cleaning dynamo will be here on Tuesday and after she goes I want to be able to decorate and that means I have to finish with all major activities that use the dining room table and take the plastic table cloth off and put the Christmas one on.  No more messy chores!  I HOPE!!!

Enjoy your day however you please.  Wish me smiles!

Mary Ann

Shirley, I saw your family picture somewhere.  You have such a large family - great!  Is this the same one you posted a year or so ago?  I think you are the white-haired person sitting on the floor (only one with white hair).

Jane, I just got up for the second time and I'm tired after reading what you have done and what you have yet to do that I'm ready to go back to bed.

With our T=Day on Saturday, there is nothing for me to do for tomorrow.  Actually, there is nothing for me to so for Saturday either except get myself ready.  I bought a turkey dinner for me tomorrow because Tom will be in Holland with his friend.

Tom brought home leftovers from his Bible study last night and I had some of everything and around noon I'll have more.  It was delicious.

I have no idea what the day will bring so I'll wait and see.

Mary Ann

Shirley

Good morning to all... and Jane, somehow I forgot that "after Thanksgiving comes decorating"....I am seriously thinking about not putting up a tree this year, have a ceramic village with lots of little people & think that will do, along with swags over the door facings & mirrors. What comes up must go down, those big boxes get sorted in the basement now, don't haul everything up. Every year I buy a few new things for decorating ... (after the holidays so almost GAVE them to me  ;) ).

I invited Andy & Pam over after they go to see the cardiologist today, found a 2 pack of god looking pot roasts at Sam's club so plan to fix both today & freeze extra meals. Will put potatoes, carrots & onions in one (I have 2 cast iron Dutch ovens)... I like to make single meal size tubs of meat & gravy to go with mashed potatoes when I need "comfort food". Not sure if the kids will be hungry, their schedule is full & this is Pam's birthday, but I'll have food if they want to eat. Better get moving, need to trim my hair & shower before starting with the cooking. Oh, anyone interested is seeing my family, I got the photo posted over in Photos Then & Now, sorry, no link. 

Thank you, Mary Ann. Not the same photo but same "kids room" at grandson's house as last year. If you count, 7 great grands being held down on laps of grands, the toys were pushed out of sight for the photo. Yep, Great Grammy on the floor, didn't think anything about it as these old bones don't mind & the seats were perfect to hang onto those greats! The son that had surgery 2 weeks ago is standing in the back, it was killing him not to be able to pick up his grands (a 10 lb limit yet). :-[