Random Image

Hometown

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:56:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for January 15, 2019

Started by so_P_bubble, January 14, 2019, 10:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. It is 41º F and calling for high today of 45º.
I slept very well last night but Nancy did not have a good Night seam she dose not at all any more. it is rain and cloudy here today, may have it all day. calling for cold air moving in and in the single digests tonight. I could do without that. am on the verge of heaving a cold anyway.hope you all have a good and in good health.

Lloyd

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I thought it was cold here at 13º until I read AMY's temp.  BRRRRR!!  We're supposed to get into the minuses this week.  I can't remember temps that low and one of those days, I'll have to be out in it. 

My cleaning dynamo is supposed to come tomorrow at 12:30.  If the weatherguesser is right, she'll be in and out before the snow starts but I also have an appointment at 5 and I bet she reschedules.

We're waiting for the doggies boinger for their pill time and they're already getting antsy  There's one behind my chair who's been shuffling for the last 10 minutes.  And the one under the desk perks up whenever I move anything.

I know it will be busy at Wally World today because of the predicted snow.  Anytime the weatherguessers use the word "snow" in their report, people around here check their milk, bread, instant pizza and video games.  I guess they don't want to be shut in with the kids without distractions.  I remember being snowed in with 4 kids between 8 and 13 once and everything they asked for we didn't have.  Finally, the practical one said "Well, what DO we have?" 

I'm well stocked so that's not a problem.  I just have things to do that are nagging!  I guess they'll wait!

I hope Everyfriend feels better today than they did yesterday and even better than that tomorrow.  Take care of YOU!  You're important!  Enjoy your day!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Joy

Good Morning to the early birds.....Lloyd and Jane and Amy. 

Amy,  I  am here !!!

Jane, after reading your message about what the weather predictors cause people to buy,  you forgot the most important thing that people just can't do without........the TOILET PAPER !!!!

It always makes me laugh how the grocery stores are just bombarded when snow is predicted.  It isn't like it will be months before someone can get to the store.  So funny!!!

And, yes, Jane,  our area is supposed to get the same snow storm that is heading your way.  I do not have to go anywhere, so it will not be a problem for me, except, I just don't even like watching it out my window anymore.

I did not get here yesterday.  THe day just got away from me.  And, today, also will be a busy one.  Several things to do this morning, and then I will get my hair done later this afternoon.

I will check back later. Hoping to hear some good or better news from Larry today.

Enjoy your day.

Joy.
BIG BOX

phyllis

I give up!  I hit the wrong button and lost all of a long post.  I'm not going to write it again!  :tickedoff:

So, I'll just say that I hope everyone who is not doing too well today will soon be feeling much better.

And, please, no more falls!
phyllis
Cary,NC

Shirley

:banghead:  :bash:  :bonk:  :angry2:  :cussing:  :no:  :noway:  :poke:  :shakehead:  :sneaky:  :whip:  :whip2:  :thinking:  :walking:  :winkie:  :kettle:  :dontknow:  :eat:  :cheer:  :beer:  :computer:  :coffee:  :tup:   Wind blowing, temps dropping all day, not the best start but a cup of coffee with friends (like y'all) and we'll feel better. Sun was shining when I woke up but total cloud cover now & "chill to the bones".  It could be worse............

Denver

A good Monday Morning HELLO to EVERYFRIEND from a very ❄️❄️❄️❄️ Mile High City.  We have a good three plus inches and it is still coming down.

SHIRLEY, looking at all of your icons at the start of your message makes me wonder how you are REALLY feeling about today? 🤪😜

Folks around here are getting pretty tired of all of our bad storms days.....me included.  Everyone knows how important the moisture is, but the gloom messes with our spirits😢. 

We did go watch Our Kate do her solo, and of course she did a fabulous job.  She got a "high gold" rating and was quite pleased as she is the youngest of all the dancers in her intermediate group and this was her first solo dance.  We are so proud of her.

JUNE, I am sad to read that you continue to feel so poorly.  I just hope and pray that you feeling like you are improving at least some each day!  Pneumonia is nothing to mess around with and I just hope your medical team is keeping a close watch on you❣️

PHYLLIS, I am so sorry you hit the dreaded button and poof, your post is gone.  That is SO frustrating and yes, most of the time you just do not have the strength to try to redo your thoughts.  It is just nice to see your name come up....

I have to run, our DIL just called and she needs us.
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

JaneS

I'm home! I'm beat! and I'm upset with management at WM...again...or maybe still!  Later when my mind begins working again! >:(  :(  :buck2:  :tickedoff:

larryhanna

Hi Everyone. I am really late posting today as had to go early to have some blood drawn.  Scott take me and I was able to use the transport chair.  By the time he left this morning I was ready to lay down for a couple of hours.  I have decided until I get to feeling stronger I am going to use the small rollator we have here in the house as I am weak and want to avoid a fall.  Hopefully using this will be short term and I will soon begin to feel stronger although my doctor warned me this may be a slow process and I think she was right as have really seen no improvement and have no energy or stamina.  I will go again next Monday for a second blood draw and will see my cardiologist on the 7th.  It was nice to get out this morning as it was bright and sunny and in the low 40's.  Once again I am going to beg off from individual responses to posting but I have read all of them.  I feel for you all up north with the brutal weather hitting you all.

Shirley

Right you are, Jenn.... first part my brain was disgusted with about everything but a cup of coffee & visiting in here got me thinking & life got better.  Congratulations to Kate. My first piano solo with room full of proud parents (I neglected to tell my mother about the performance).... I got half way through, forgot where I was & folded my music like it was over & got up & walked out. I never went back, either. I did not like to perform & never did. So Kate is way up there in my opinion!

Larry, you are one smart & wise cookie so we will trust you take care of yourself, get better and come back with comments when you feel up to it.

Blow it off, Janie.....  :thumbup:  If that doesn't make you feel better, remember how much good it did to stick your tongue out at someone. Try it... bet you end up laughinhg! Hugs...

June, a year or so ago I thought I probably had pneumonia, I had even passed out sitting on a bar stool by the stove (got a little TV there, too). I found myself looking up at the ceiling & almost giggled to think, "I don't remember getting down here". The doctor's office was swamped so the nurse insisted I go the the hospital/clinic a few miles west of me, to have them check my lungs. Had a hard time finding the place so exhausted when I finally got to see a nurse. She insisted I have an X-ray... to which I asked, "can't you just LIStEN to my lungs?"  Naturally, too simple so as we waited for the X-ray machine to be brought to the waiting room, I mentioned slipping off the bar stool incident, just conversation. That nurse was determined I had to have an X-ray on my HEAD... at another hospital a mile away because their unit wasn't for heads. Crazy, I absolutely refused saying I did not bump my head. Still had to sign a release form that THEY were not responsible if anything happened to me! X-ray didn't show pneumonia so I left feeling like I'd been beaten up & worn out. Hope you feel better fast.   

Phyllis, this is one of those days in Kansas that would make you NEVER want to come home again. The wind is howling but right now sun shining. Leaves that neighbors never picked up are flying across the pool area... that new cover is so tight it acts like a skating rink for leaves!

Joy, you are SO right about TP being about the main item to need. No more catalogs, don't expect they would "flush". Wonder if any farms still use outhouses.... We had a septic system where we built back in 1967..... that was a royal pain by the time the kids were in their teens. Did not get water & sewer in until about the time we moved away. One thing sure when we moved back to KS after the 2 year hitch in Leawood... my absolute must was "NO SEPTIC SYSTEM". Many new housing additions were still using lagoons & private septic tanks.

Lloyd, hope you don't come down with a full blown cold... I get the feeling you do not take very good care of yourself & we are not as tough as we used to be. Get some extra sleep and tell Nancy I'm eager to meet her in the spring down at Long Shoal Corp of Engineer campground between Clinton & Warsaw. Beautiful place, electricity & plenty of trees for shade. During the winter months the cost with the Golden Age Passport is only $5 per day/night, for electric hook up. Without card it is $10 winter months, so hope you have it! Have to look on their web site to find out the days.

Back to cleaning house, my daughter was past Kansas City a couple hours ago so should be here any time. Need to feed cats before she gets here. She just called, off the turnpike & time to put the tea kettle on.

Denver

PRAYERS PLEASE

The news is not good for our DIL.  The MRI reviled there is a tumor in Michele's brain that is causing the weakness....they feel the cancer is back and they put her in ICU and are aggressively giving her steroid until they determine what the plan is.....Michele beat colon cancer a few years back and we of course hoped the cancer was behind her....please pray for our family.

Thank you.

🦋 Jenny

Amy

Jenny, prayers coming your way. News like that sinks anyone's heart to their toes.  She beat the first one and she will beat this one also. Prayers for you and your hubby as you both are worried too.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

MaryTX

Jenny, my prayers are with you and all your family.

Mary

Click for Arlington, TexasForecast

Amy

Oh boy, the snow has started, white outs and all. I know I will be waltzing with Mr SB come morning.
We have a good fire going and everything we need in the house.

Jane, hope you don't get too much snow there. Do as Shirley said.."Stick your tongue out..  :buck2:
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Shirley

Oh, Jenn, I am so sorry to read this. How old is she (not that cancer respects any age)...my heart goes out to her & all of the family. Prayers for sure. I do think you have enough to worry about with your father right now, but "when it rains it pours"... My thoughts are with you.

Amy, today I don't envy you the blizzard, but I'd trade you a little wind for a little snow.

Hugs to all, I need a nap.

Carol

Jenny, I am sorry to learn of the latest diagnosis for your DIL. 

Lloyd:  I hope you had help moving the poor old Bull. 

Larry:  Take careful notes on water you drink and all the meds - and try to stay off the stairs. 

We see little and now bigger health issues each and every year. Taking it in stride.  Time to watch Jeopardy and shout out the answers - sometimes they are correct.   

Lindancer

Good evening, maybe snow to morrow, after the weatherman said we would not have any this week what do they know?
After reading all the post, I think a lot of prays and hugs are needed.
Jenny, I feel so bad for your DIL and family,I will say a special pray. Larry I worry about you and June, you are the folks that keep me going.
Mary Ann, I wish you live closer to me I think we could have some fun luncheon.

Phyllis, why is it we always lose those long post.

Amy, you also be careful out there in this bad weather.

Jane wish I could keep up with you.

HI! to all my other cyber friends, who I did not mention

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Sandy

Good evening one and all from the cold,
cold, cold,  rocky coast of Maine. 

Jenny,  I am so sorry to hear the bad news
about Michele's Cancer.  Doesn't sound good.

Larry ..  why don't you go buy yourself
a hot rod Rolator, like mine:

https://express.google.com/u/0/product/5180689045671228948_4242768618990603053_1699011?utm_source=google_shopping&utm_medium=tu_cu&utm_content=eid-lsjeuxoeqt&gtim=CInQqIXhueTGwwEQz5-_n8rDq8ckGJC1m1siA1VTRCig_-jiBTDD2Wc&utm_campaign=1699011&gclid=Cj0KCQiA7briBRD7ARIsABhX8aAdU9Fzdo1r1KOp1MsDpqFn1abwoCvXXDU35Y7fPMfVE8kSDkfj2Y0aAkCFEALw_wcB

I know that it is a wee bit expensive,  but
worth every cent, to have a place to stop
and rest up before moving on. 

Plus it is like carrying a puppy...
people just love to stop and chat about it.
I also recommend a life alert to hang
around your neck.

I know just having these two things, makes
me feel safe and  not have to worry
about being stranded with out help or
a safe place to sit and relax.

I know that you know all about this...
but I encourage you so you will benefit
from having peace of mind, and a safe place
to sit.

Have a warm and toasty evening,  Everyone
Sandy

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

JaneS

Hello Everyone.  I'm not as tired as I was but I'm still frustrated with WM management.  If I could get a little help from them, I could put in another couple of years.  Without it, I'm ready to throw in the towel. 

However, SHIRLEY's advice might help.  Every time I pass one of them who is causing my frustration and making me tired, I'll picture myself sticking out my tongue at them and giving them punch in the mouth and I bet I'll smile...maybe even laugh out loud.

GLORIA DE...you said you wish you could keep up with me.  Sometimes I wish I could keep up with me.

Our snow is supposed to start about 2 p.m. and continue until who knows when.  I have a dentist appointment at 11:40 and my cleaning dynamo is due at noon.  She takes two hours so she should be home before it gets too bad.  But I have another appointment at 5 wish someone who is supposed to come here and I bet she'll reschedule.

The crazies were out in force today.  They bought us out of ice melt and more milk, bread and snacks went through my line than ever.  About the TP, there was some but not an excessive amount.  Snacks were the big thing!

I'm still feeling a bit tired.  I had the two worst registers in the store for my two half shifts today.  I never had less than 5 people in line and they all had FULL carts.  You'd think there were no snow plows and they were going to be snowed in for a month!  Sometimes I wonder how they think!  We used to get snowed in with no warning and we made a game of it with the kids.  The worst time I remember being snowed in was a really ba storm when my husband had to wait for the snow to stop and the plows to make it there.  We all decided that whatever happened with the next snow storm, we weren't keeping him home.  He was a menace!

I think I'll go to bed a bit early tonight.  It's going to be a busy day tomorrow whatever happens.  So I will bid you all a GOOD NIGHT.  Take care of yourselves and don't go out in the bad weather!  Stay warm, dry and healthy.

ALMOST FORGOT....JENNY, my congrats to Kate and my prayers for Michelle. 

JaneS

Also forgot....I gave the site information to a nice lady today and she's going to look us up.  He name is Gloria but when I told her we have 2 Glorias, she said she'd register as "Rita".  I told her to introduce herself first and then come see us in the Soda Shoppe.  Help me watch for her!

CallieOK

Oh, Jenny, I am so sorry to read about Michele.  Prayers, good thoughts and hugs going out for all of you.
I share your thrill at watching Kate perform. My memories of Ellen's first few solos are blurred because I always had tears in my eyes.

Sandy, what color is your Rollator?  Mine is hot pink and has zebra-striped fabric on the carrying "pouch" under the seat.  Figured if I had to have one....I'd make a statement!  :)

Yesterday afternoon was warm enough to open a few windows and let the house air out for about an hour.  Today was cold and windy but not wet.

Had company in and out on all day Friday and Saturday.  Went to church yesterday, came home for lunch and then went to grocery store and to fill the gas tank.  I was glad to have a low-key day at home today.

No matter how many times slick roads are predicted during the winter, every t. v. station will have a video of trucks filling up with sand and de-icer plus interviews with the drivers every time.  Sometimes I think they re-run the same stories every year.

Sleep well, Everyfriend and have Pleasant Dreams.

Sandy

Mine is RED,,,, 
Sort of like a Hot Rod  ....
It is a good conversation piece!
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Denver

we are home for the night.....Dave is home and the children have been told...they have talked to their mom and she is a rock star at calming their nerves and making them know that she has this handled and will do her best to beat it just as she beat the colon cancer.....the truth is, it is not a good situation at all.  Michele will have surgery tomorrow afternoon.....the doctor will remove a 4cm tumor that is sitting on top of her brain....there is another smaller one embedded in another part of the brain that they will try to treat with radiation as well as a spot on a lung.  It is not a good scenario but she is determined to do her best to whip this as she did her colon cancer....🙏🙏  Matt is 13 and is the one that is most effected by this news....my heart just aches for him tonight.  Luke is 10 and Kate is 9...
I appreciate ALL of your supportive words and I thank you for being here for me.  Michele is 48.
Matt will get his braces off of his teeth tomorrow....a day they have been looking forward to of course.  Dad will get the kids off and take Matt in to the orthodontist.  We will meet him there and he will leave for the hospital.  We will take Matt to the hospitals. To see his mom....mostly for mom to see his million dollar smile, then we will take Matt to school.  Life goes on somehow......
🦋 Jenny

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. It is 5:20 A M , and as usual the weather guesser is all wet, missed it again. it is 14º and mostly clear here now calling for a high of 28º and mostly cloudy. oh well as they say if you do not like the weather here weight a little while it will change maybe for what you do like. I had a good night according my breathing machine had 7:20 seven Hours twenty minutes of good sleep si I just got up and reported in here to wish you all a great day I hope it is as good as you like it to be.

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning everyone...

Well, the dance is on Mr SB and I will be jitterbugging a little later one after my tea. Looks to be about 4 inches of new snow out there.

Larry, good to see you in here, no need to make a long post when you're not up to it......just saying hello brightens our day.

Jane, will welcome your friend when she gets here. I am sorry you are having trouble with the management. In this day and age they should respect those with a gleaming work ethic like yours. I have listened to others here say that the new workers don't want to work, take a lot of time off work and no respect for the job. So, your management should be thankful they have you!

Jenny, Michele has her age  working for her.She has already proven she is a fighter and she has a lot to live for. We will all wrap her in prayers .

Matt will be so happy to get those braces off!! He will be grinning from ear to ear...

Callie, windows open? That sounds so nice to have the fresh air go through the house. Can't wait for the day when we can do that here.

Gloria, is MIA. Hope everything is alright.

Joy ,good to see you. People are funny buying all those things thinking they are house bound for weeks!! You are right TP is one that is needed....no more Seas or Eatons catalogues anymore..

Phyliss, don't you just get miffed at the gremlins for taking away your post??

Better get going.

Enjoy your day everyone and stay safe.

Jimmy Dean

Amy

Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  We're up and waiting for the boinger.  I think we might be having a change of plans today.  The snow that was supposed to begin around 2 p.M. was already coming down when I opened the door a little after 6 to let the dogs out.  I don't drive in snow unless I'm already out there and I have to get home.  I'm not and I don't so the dentist this morning will be cancelled an I won't ask Tammy (the cleaning gal) to risk her life so I can be clean so I'll change that.

And I'm pretty sure that if it snows all day, the lady who was coming here for a meeting will reschedule.  That's OK with me because my daughter was also involved in that meeting and I don't want her on the road either.  It good I'm flexible! 

JENNY, I'm including your whole family in my prayers for Michele because something like this affects all of you.  And I'm going to put Michele's name on our prayer list at church.  That will get her at least 200 more prayers every Sunday and lots of our parishioners keep the list and use it with their daily prayers.  The Man upstairs will certainly notice that!

Today will be a good time to get something done inside the house.  Now, where shall I begin?

Enjoy your day Everyfriend!  It's yours to do with as you like!

phyllis

Good morning.  I taped a cover over the touchpad on my computer so hopefully I will not lose this post.  I never use the touchpad anyway...always just the mouse.

Jenny, I am so sorry to hear that the cancer is back for Michele.  Her family and you and Bob are in my prayers.  She beat the colon cancer so she is a fighter and that and the support of all of her family will give her a good chance to beat it again.  I'm praying for her and all of you.

Bad weather is supposed to come in this evening.  They aren't telling us we will get very much snow here but may get some ice.  I'd rather have snow than ice but since I don't plan to be out I'm not going to worry about it.  Pantry is full and a big pot of Lentil and Kielbasa Soup will start simmering later today.  And we have plenty of TP.....all is well.   :thumbup:

Shirley, I do so well remember those strong KS winds and I hope you don't blow away.  We have wind here, too, and I don't like it but, at least, it doesn't blow ALL the time.

Sandy, your rollator sounds so spiffy!  Mine is purple....just plain purple.   ::) But, I don't know what I would do without it.

Getting late so I must get going and start my day.  Please be well and safe, Everyone!
phyllis
Cary,NC

Denver

The surgery for Michele is scheduled for 3:30 MST this afternoon.  It will be a frightening process, one that is very concerning in its own right, but it is what is necessary to get that **** tumor out of there.  Dave and Michele do like the surgeon and trust that he will do his best to get that tumor off of her brain...God willing. 

Your supportive words are SO comforting, and the mean the world to me.  I know the power of prayers work, they have for us so many times, so thank you from the bottom of my heart.  Yes, 200 more from your kindness, JANE, will surely help to get the attention of the MAN UPSTAIRS for sure.

AMY, Dave was dancing with his snowblower after he got home from the hospital last night.  Bob knows nothing about that BIG machine, so he shoveled paths in the necessary places.  It was 9* out when he and Bob were out there doing it.  I know you are careful, and you know what you are doing, but I have to say, those things scare me! 

I must get ready to head off to the orthodontist office.....

Bless you all for your support......I wish EVERYFRIEND a good day.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny

Mary Ann

Jenny, please add my thoughts and prayers to those of others.  I can't imagine anything more horrifying than a tumor on the brain.

Mary Ann

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  It is already after 11 am and I am still trying to get my breakfast eaten.  I did sleep well last night except for a stint around midnight when I couldn't seem to get enough air in my lungs so got up and sat in my easy chair for an hour or so.  However, I went back to bed and had a good night sleep.  This morning I got up again very short of breath and have been moving very slowly ever since.  I have read all the comments and will only make a few replies today. 

First and foremost is the situation that Michele is facing.  I will be praying for her recovery and for the whole family as these things impact everyone and especially the young children and her situation sounds very serious. 

June, I am praying for you to overcome that pneumonia.  Keep fighting. 

Carol, my cardiologist wants me to limit my fluid intake to just a little over 6 cups a day.  I have always drunk a lot of water so this is a change but am adjusting.  We have a stair lift that was put in right after we moved here just over 4 years so I don't have to climb stairs. 

Sandy, I do have a rollator.  It does have a seat on it but I haven't had to use it.  My son has the transport chair in the car and has used it twice when I had to see the doctor and to have the blood drawn.  I can walk in the house and just use it to be sure I don't lose my balance and fall and I hope to get stronger soon where I won't need it.  At this point I really don't need a life alert as am not alone in the house and I keep my iPhone in a case on my belt anything I am up and right on my night stand when I lay down.  However, if a time ever comes when Pat and I are left along we would certainly get such a device immediately as you know I strongly believe in them.