Random Image

horse9.jpg

Owner: Jeanne Lee
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:36:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for February 16, 2019

Started by so_P_bubble, February 16, 2019, 03:58:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shirley

Mary Ann, I think you have the right idea... about where everyone hangs out but was wondering if consolidating would be less trouble for the people that take care of the site. I really do not know how "these things" operate, but if the site should shut down like Senior Net did, if it hadn't been for Pat making a place for us, we would never have found each other again. That's why I was "sounding out" what choices we have or if Michael can warn us ahead so we can make plans. I have never looked for other sites, don't do Twitter or Facebook and don't plan to.

Had news today that another of my cousins died this morning. Sure is sad when it used to be such a huge crowd and so few left. I don't plan to go to the funeral because weather just too iffy right now. My daughter & I plan to be in that little town 20 miles east of Jefferson City, MO the middle of March and I had thought about calling the cousins to see if we could meet at a local restaurant for coffee or to eat... but didn't want to plan ahead because of weather. It is about 350 miles one way for me so I would drive one day & set up camp, have the whole next day to spend with my daughter visiting the historical museum & where my gr-parents house is in Bonnots Mill, little town a few miles from Linn that was a French trading post early on. Whole town is on the Historical Register, the owner of the mill (pronounced Bun-no) was related. My mother's family also lived in the area so growing up I thought we were related to everyone. Most of Mother's brothers & sisters lived on farms but Dad's father was a telegrapher, on the school board, played cornet in the town band & belonged to one church while Mother's family belonged to the only other one in town. Dad and 2 of his brothers went to the first auto school in Kansas City, one had a transmission shop in Jefferson City but the other one stayed around town to keep everyone in that little town running. Dad went to work for the railroad in the signal department and stayed on until he was 67 because they couldn't find anyone to replace him.. and that was a fact. He was asked to stay on longer to work any hours he wanted just to trouble shoot for them. He declined & lived to 95. More than anyone wanted to read about....  ::) My mind is wandering tonight, death in the family does that, brings back memories.

Since my son can't call me he will have his feelings hurt if I don't call him before I go to bed. They do worry about me & he is the one that checks to see I am okay every night. Hope the phones get cured tomorrow or I may have to dump them & get another service. Yuck... I hate changes!

Sweet dreams to all & think spring!  My poor little surprise lilies are way out of the ground but daffodils are not showing yet. Some of the grass (maybe weeds?) looks green. No snow on the ground here but talking about freezing rain, sleet & snow in the next few days. MO is getting all of the snow & rain that has missed us, we are really dry.

JaneS

SHIRLEY, I remember an AARP website but it wasn't as much fun as this one.

When I first came on the SN website, about the third time I posted I was warned in no uncertain terms not to make comments in a conversation between two certain people in the International Café.  I was vulnerable enough and new enough to have my feelings hurt and I didn't post again for almost a week.  Then someone must have noticed that I hadn't returned and she emailed me and asked if I'd like to try posting in Bis Busy Nest.  At first I didn't want to but she insisted and I tried and here I am MANY years later thanks to Ardith Matreskie.

I hope this hasn't happened to any of our members because that kind of thing can hurt for a long time.  I was lucky!

And now I'm going off to Dreamland!  I wish you all a peaceful night and a happy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!  (In case you haven't put 2 and 2 together, that last line is Tiny Tim's from Dickens "Christmas Carol". I always loved it!)

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. well Shirley you can talk about me any time you like, I do not want to hurt you or any one an do not do on porpoise. I often open my mouth and put my foot in it. and as long as one talks about me they are leaving alone someone that that can't take it as well as i can.have a great day everyone. 24º and mostly clear here today and shooting for high of 50º today. Nancy and I went and looked at a car yesterday. did not buy it because it was too low, she had a hard time getting in and out of it. it wa a 03 year model chive 2 dor super sport,with 203 acutial miles on it.the original owner had put on it and he had a stroke and died soon after in a nursing home. it was tied up in the estate battle. was priced @ $7,000, if it had been higher off of the ground where she could get in and out easily we would bought it in a heartbeat. it would have been a good car to tow behind the R V to have to drive local when we get to a place we want to hang out for a while.

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning everyone..

-13°  F this morning, no new snow to deal with either. :thumbup:
We need to pick up the new med this morning. Not sure how this will go, I have read up on it and for some it is a blessing, others not so.

Shirley, with all the history in your family has anyone put it all down on paper so it lives on?

Lloyd ,what a find!! We also find getting in and out of vehicles difficult. We don't have any problems with the van though.

Time to get ready to meet the day.

Enjoy your day everyone.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

I'm up and attem!  Well, I'm up!  The doggies have been out and in and had their pill and we're waiting for the boinger.

I don't have any special plans for today but I got the stuff out to make chicken pot pie....with the accent on POT.  It's not a pie.  It the stuff that dough, potatoes, chicken and seasonings made in a POT and eaten more like soup but the dough chunks are BIG!  It's a German dish introduced in my family by my German grandfather's family. 

AMY, I hope the new meds are beneficial and don't have any serious side effects.  You and your hubby need all the help you can get!

LLOYD, we're so happy to have you posting here that we'd feel left out any day you didn't post.  You're family!

SHIRLEY, please make sure your family history is available to your descendents.  My sister is our family historian and I've noticed lately that her daughter, my niece, is beginning to be her "second in command".  She has a lot of the family answers at her finger tips and she's raising a historian of her own.  I hope she develops an interest in family history, too. 

I'm off to check my email and work on the paper  that seems to have overtaken my office.  I told the kids I'm doing that for them so they won't have to do it when I'm gone.  They thanked me!

Have a great day...chilly but great!

Gloria

Good morning everyone, short post this morning. Lost power with the wind last night and since I got up it comes on and goes off again. Very windy all day and last night, still windy this morning. The wind whistles in this corner but at least the windows do not rattle.

JANE  I found Sn in a small local newspaper. Sounded good to me but I tried posting in a few places and was ignored.  I did not post in Wit and Wisdom where Joan's nest was. Mare emailed me and wanted me to try the Nest. That was all it took to get to enjoy my PC.

Lights just blinked again so better say bye bye for now. At least we do have heat.
Have a good day and keep warm.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

larryhanna

Hi Everyone. It is another cloudy but warmer day here.  Our calendar is clear for today so will just be taking it easy.  Pat may take my Samsung Tablet back to Costco today.  I didn't like it at all and so Saturday I order an new iPad, which I will use at my easy chair.  I have an older iPad that Pat is using upstairs so don't anticipate any problems getting it set up as there is a lot of similarity with the iPhone.  It is suppose to be here Thursday or Friday.  I did empty the dishwasher this morning for Pat, got the ice pack to her back when she got up and made her coffee.  I told her that was my work for today.  :) I have read all of the postings since I posted yesterday and it seems you all are keeping busy.  Otherwise just checking in for today.

Mary Ann

Shirley, probably both folders could be combined, merely by all switching to one folder, but both have a history and which one would you choose to close down?

If I can write books, especially about my family, Shirley, so can you.  I'm always interested in reading about other people.  I can't read books now because of my eyes, but my favorite books are non-fiction biographies.  And I have several, both of prominent people and unknowns.  If you have not started writing about your family, you should start NOW!

I'm sorry about your cousin.  That's what happens when we get older.  I had only six first cousins and there is only one left now.  I think she has two cousins remaining and I am one of them. My close friends are also gone, but I am fortunate that Dot and I are good friends.

Gloria, I had read about SN or whatever it was called then, but did nothing until Norm told me how to get to his account and if it didn't take too long, he wouldn't have to pay.  In fact, if HE had to pay, I'd have to pay him back!  And things progressed from there.

Jane, I like chicken pot pie but since I don't cook any more (and I know Tom would not attempt one), I buy Mrs Callendar's Chicken with Mushroom Pot Pie.  Sometimes I eat only the inside and sometimes I cut the pie in half and eat that much.  Mrs C makes a good pie.  I like her Turkey Pot Pie too. 

Amy, at 8:30 am here, it was 15 degrees and is only 16 degrees now at 10 am.  I laugh when someone tells about having trouble getting into vehicles.  Tom's daughter's boss lets her drive a truck, supercab type.  Usually Tom takes me to appointments, but once when he scheduled something at the same time as my appointment, Annie took me in this big black truck.  I could not get in the thing; it was too high.  She couldn't push me in, either.  She finally took a kid's plastic chair from my garage and I stepped on that to get into the truck. 

I'd better put this book to rest.

Mary Ann

JaneS

MARY ANN, as I noted above, Pennsylvania Dutch or German pot pie is NOT a pie.  It's chicken (0r ham) in broth in a POT with small dough squares and potatoes added.  This one was easy because I had the chicken and broth already cooked and the dough squares cut.  The hardest part of it was peeling and slicing the potatoes.  I never really liked the ones my grandfather referred to as "meat pie" like the ones you mentioned.  I'm just not really a pie person.....or a cake one either.  My last birthday cake was a pan of brownies.

The potpie is simmering in the crock pot and should be ready for a meal by lunch time.  You're welcome to join me if you'd like to try it.

Mary Ann

Jane, I remember your describing the German Pot Pie earlier.  From your description, you have a lot more "pie" than I get with Mrs Callendar's.  Even though Mrs C's pies have a top and bottom crust, I can't really say they are pies.  I guess pies are desserts to me and they definitely are not desserts.  One thing I like, very similar to Pot Pies is a Pastie and you probably are familiar with them.  They are a Michigan Upper Peninsula specialty.

Your German pie sounds something similar to what my dad used to make - chicken dumplings.  His dumplings were not squares, but clumps that he would drop into the hot liquid of broth, vegetables and chicken. 

Mary Ann

Joy

Good afternoon.   Just checking in as I don't think I have been here for a couple days.

Jane,  is the Pot Pie you are talking about like the one they call "Slippery Pot Pie".  I always make the kind where you put a top crust on it, but I just love the kind you are talking about.  With the pieces of dough as the dumplings.  I tried it one time, but the dumplings didn't raise that much.

I remember years ago, on one of our camping trips to FLorida, we stopped at a campground in Georgia and they were having a Pot Luck.  So we went and they had this big bowl of , what my husband and I thought had like scalloped potatoes in it.  But, after talking to a couple of the ladies it was what they called Chicken and Dumplings.  And, the dumplings were pieces of dough that were about 1/2 in. thick.  It was so delicious.   And,  I think The Cracker Barrel restaurant serves something almost identical.  I love "doughy" things.  Is that about what your dumplings are like??  Is it just pie dough you use and how thick do you roll out the dough.  When you put them down in the chicken broth, they expand.  I am making myself hungry just thinking about it.

I am not sure if it was this place where different ones were talking about Jack from W.Va  dropping out of S & F.  I did have an e-mail from him and he told me that he definitely won't be returning.   I feel so bad about that.   I hope that it is just because he didn't really like all the new changes and not something else.  His pictures of his dog and the walks around Oglebay park will sure be missed. 

I did not go back and read a lot of the past messages, so I just want to say that I hope everyone is doing well and if you are not up to par,  I hope that you will have a better rest of today, and that tomorrow will be an even better day.  Take care !

Joy
BIG BOX

Lindancer

[bGood afternoon, another cold and very windy day.

MaryAnn, I enjoy both folders.  I try not to write the same thing.  I just wish I could go to page one and it would have just one day of posting Not have to go through a couple of days to get here where I want to write. I forget what I want to say to different folks. I find you and I  have to many thing similar, Wonderful nephews who work for Uber, same age,  a cat who seems to be boss at times. :) Likes our bed as well as we do.

Shirley, and all other friends I love reading your post. Makes my day. Do not learn anything looking at the boobtube all day.    Of course I have to take time out to watch my soap Gen. Hosp. at 3. It is better then watching the news At list I know most of it is a fairy  tale. what they call it LOve in the Afternoon!?

HI!Larry and June, hope each day is a better day. I know once Spring is here and I can set on the deck read my paper, have coffee  or read in the sunroom.This rain everyday and no sun make me depressed. Sunroom I will be happier.

Gloria I hope you are feeling better after your shopping adventure last week.

I like to make chicken and dumplings in the winter.  But it is too much when you are alone.  dumplings do not freeze well.  I am still eating macaroni and tuna that I made the other day. I do not lack for food. One neighbor brought me over roast chicken, string beans and dressing, another brought steak and veggies.  Most of the time I am not even hungry.  Wish I could get to the Red LObster, they are having lobster specials. I like when one neighbor brings over mussels cooked in
Asian sauce. I guess I had better stop writing , as I seem to be going off about nothing

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Shirley

Joy, when I made dumplings I always used either Bisquick or Jiffy mix... & dropped spoon full in bubbling broth. My family loved it & wasn't much trouble. I am in the middle of making some veggie beef soup today so better to keep it going, never make it the same twice, but do use the heart of celery & potatoes fresh, roast beef & whatever drippings or gravy it had plus frozen veggies of all varieties.

JaneS

My grandmother used to make dumplings and I think of them as a "food stretcher" from the Depression era.  Hers were whipped up and had egg whites and flour and when they were dropped in the broth, they got really puffy.  I didn't really like them but we weren't allowed to say so.  I just ate them until the day one gagged me and I almost threw up.  I never had to eat them after that.

Pot pie dough is made of whole eggs, flour and a little salt and a little milk or water.  It's rolled out like pie dough but not as thin then cut in squares and then it's dropped into the boiling broth.

JOY, I think we talked about the "slippery pot pie" before and I went and googled it and it's pretty much the same.  I think I found it on a PA Dutch website.

I ate leftovers for lunch after the dog groomer left.  I'm going to have the pot pie for supper and there's plenty.  Also, it does freeze well.  I know that because when I went to Texas, it was the first meal I had make after I got there and the last one I had to make before I left.  They had to have some to freeze for later so they could "remember my visit".

I'm off to do some yard cleanup.  Yuck!

Mary Ann

Shirley, I think the dumplings my dad made were similar to yours.  I have his recipe if I weren't too lazy to look for it.  He made it from scratch and would put a teaspoonful in the hot broth.  It's been a loonng time since he made it and I think I may not be remembering it right, but since I don't cook now, I'll never know!

Gloria de, you're right, we do have many similarities - nephew and cat in particular.  I think Kendrick is on my bed now and when he's on the bed, I usually do not make it.  I hate to disturb him. 

I try to not write the same thing in both folders, but as there are different people in both folders, it isn't hard.

Mary Ann

Carol

Gloria:  I remember your daughter is in Arizona.  Yes, she is cooler at that altitude.  In Colorado, we live at almost 6,000 ft. and that is quite a difference than here in Tucson (for the winter).  We had heavy snow for a couple of days and now we hope it is warming - our daughter is arriving soon.

JaneS:  I cannot read what I wrote to write you right now  :-\

Amy:  Mosquitoes are the state birds in Minnesota.  You have them too!  Either snow or bug bites all year long.

Lloyd You have a beautiful Christmas Cactus - I like that color too.

Hi Shirley!!!

Joy:  Stamp your feet!  Good foryou!

Mycheal:  Thanks for the Eagle photo.

roley:  We have watched the news on the very sad story from the plane crash.  Hugs to the now grown up man who carried that worry all these years.  He is not to blame.....another country is to blame.

Phyllis:  "The sun will come out tomorrow - tomorrow"

Gloria de:  Glad you are feeling better.  Keep on keeping on!

Jenny:  Play the song "Dancing Queen" for your talented granddaughter!   Hugs

Don's cousin and wife left after lunch, we will next see them in Minnesota.  They too grew up looking over the Duluth bridge and canal.  Brrrrr  They are happy to visit Arizona.  I have to get everything ready again as our daughter is arriving for six days.  She can work from here too so we just give her a few suggestions and let her choose any day trips. 

JaneS

QuoteJaneS:  I cannot read what I wrote to write you right now 

CAROL, I had to comment on that one!  I'm not sure I understand it but it reminded me of something that happened in penmanship class in Third Grade.  First you have to know that my growing up last name was WRIGHT.  I became so frustrated in that class that I whispered to my seat mate, "I can't even write Wright right today."

Amy

Didn't take long for the day to disappear! Picked up Kyles new med to start it tomorrow.....pray it works with no side effects!!
Tomorrow I take him for physio..will see how that goes.

Stopped in at the highway patrol to see if they could knock back our snow bank, it is so high that I have to get 1/3 out in the road to make sure no traffic is coming. He said he would send a truck but we really need a frontend loader to remove all the snow bank.

All this talk of food has made me hungry!! I love chicken and dumplings.Jane, your pot pie sounds delicious also!! Either way tis good comfort food that has been forgotten by most.

Gloria de if only I was closer, we would go for a feed of lobster at Red Lobster. Crab legs would also go down rather nicely!

Carol, we also have another pest......on that you don't know that has bit you till the blood runs down your face/arm or where ever he/she decides to nibble called a Blackfly. Nasty little critters!

Larry, we are so thankful when you say hello...and wish you all  the best.

June, hope your day went well.

Better take this little fellow out for a walk...won't be able to call him little fellow for long at the rate he is growing though.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Just said a prayer that Kyle's med does what it's supposed to do with NO SIDE EFFECTS!

mycheal

Congratulations to Mom & DM2 on their 2nd egg! Mom laid the egg at 6:44 pm on 2/26/19

Shirley

Amy, I will say this, if the treatment is Humira... my daughter was diagnosed with "chemically induced Lupus when on that drug, was threatened "if she stopped she would have to find another doctor"... but she did and within a couple months, the Lupus was NO LONGER in the diagnosis. Was nothing but a side effect of that drug & I'm betting her doctor never reported that. I know I am biased about drugs because I have every side effect warned about and more. I was not going to say anything but will mention so you can be on alert just in case that's what he will be taking.

I just got off the phone with my sister, she has had weeks of severe pain in her neck from a long ago car accident, has had it flare up now & then but this time went for pain meds. After a few days of a couple different meds she was suffering from sores in her mouth & other side effects so stopped the one & plans to quit the other this week. Her doctor's comment was, "but they stopped the pain!"

Sometimes the cure is very scary & choices must be made. I'll join Jane in praying for no side effects.

Trying to get these cats organized is like training fleas to walk single file!  They think they should be eating the whole time they are awake (or sleeping if full)... It is really cold & supposed to have freezing drizzle tonight, they don't understand & I'm not going to spend the whole evening letting them in & out. I'm going to bed early so one more meal & they better decide where they will spend the night. :tickedoff:

Finally have the phones working, had Cox completely remove Nomorobo from my system. This was the day I gave up when the lady I talked to yesterday failed to call like she promised... so I got on the chat line & found someone that removed the app or whatever it was called, it sure didn't work for me.  Bottom line is I still have to use my husband's e-mail & password to login to make any changes to the account (can you believe in this day & age) seems nobody can just remove HIS name and type mine in as primary user. Wonder what they'd think if I sent them a check with HIS name and a bank account that was closed nearly 6 years ago.... I was told that "if that account was deleted it would also delete MY mailbox as a user."  My brain is tired from all the fighting over this... since last December!  It's over, done....

Time for that midnight snack & see if Callie is back at the front door. They have been in & out so many times this evening I can't remember who's in & who is out.  :crazy2:

Good night to all, sweet dreams and God Bless.  Shirley

Mycheal, I was watching the eagle about that time & an hour earlier, wondering if she had the 2nd egg under, she was moving around trying to get comfy. Bless their hearts, those mama birds sure are patient creatures. She looks miserable with that snow all around. So far I haven't seen her mate show up with food, but she was eating on something.

donklan

Comment from Lindancer "I just wish I could go to page one and it would have just one day of posting Not have to go through a couple of days to get here where I want to write."

When you click on 'Unread Posts', it brings up a list of Forums.
Just to the left of the forum title is a box labeled 'NEW'.
If you click on that, it should take you to the 'latest' posts.
You could also click on the highest page number shown for the Forum.
Hope this helps.

Click for Neenah, WI Forecast

JaneS

Good Night Everyfriend!  I'm off to Dreamland and I hope yours are pleasant ones.  May God bless us, every one!

JaneS

Here I am again, talking to myself!  I guess everyfriend is sleeping in this morning and I guess I stayed up past my bedtime again last night.

The doggies and I are waiting for the pill boinger so we can have our breakfast and get our day started.  I hope you all have a pleasant day full of the love of family and friends.  I'll be back later to see what's up.

My shift today is another 11 - 3 and it was OK the last time.  We're supposed to have snow showers most of the day today.  Maybe I'll throw the broom in the car just in case I need to clean off the car to come home. 

Amy

Good morning everyone..

-20° F  out there a day for the geemogotchies for sure!!

Will take Kyle to his physio this morning. then home to work about the house.

Janie, thank you for the prayers...medicine is a marvel but at times the side effects are worse than what they are trying to cure.

Shirley, no,not Humira. I have heard about that one and was thankful it wasn't the one.

I had better get ready ,time is slipping away on me..again.

Have a great day everyone..

Jimmy Dean

Gloria

Good morning everyone, 11° but feels like 0° with the windchill. Snow starting at 7pm for 12 hours. Will wait and see how close the weather guessers are. Just heard that someone wants a clean injection site where people can go to use clean needles for their drugs. Next will be making those drugs legal? Crazy. What is the world co‌ming to?

LARRY  you must have felt good yesterday to do all you did in the morning. Take care of YOU and don't do too much.

JANE  your pot pie sounds like more of a stew with dumplings.

JOY  only once did I make dumplings from scratch but they were heavy, I make them with Bisquick and the are lighter.

GLORIA  de  it was only on the day after my shopping spree that I was worn out. You ready for some more bitter cold and snow? I want warmer temperatures so I can get outside for some walking and fresh air.

SHIRLEY  after the one time I made dumplings from scratch I use Bisquick and they are always good.

CAROL  my daughter sent me some pictures of the snow they had. Of course she remembers the snow we had here and she bundled up and went out. My SIL went out for a short time but the snow and cold are not for him. Their dog does not like the cold either.

AMY  I would go with you and Gloria de to Red Lobster. Yummy. Been much too long since I last had a lobster.

SHIRLEY  seems some people these days are book smart but have no common sense and do not know how to change a name and understand that the name an account was in is no longer alive. Dumb.

Time to get moving here. Have a good day and keep warm.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

JaneS

Gloria, the dough in my pot pie is NOTHING like dumplings!  If it was, I wouldn't eat it.  Don't like dumplings!  Never have! 

Gotta get going!  Snow showers have begun here and it doesn't look much like "showers" to me.  It's coming down pretty good.  And it's my fault!  I forgot to put the car under cover last night.  It always snows when I do that!

larryhanna

Hi Everyone. It is going to be another nice day here getting up to about 70 degrees this afternoon with a chance of a few showers.  Yesterday afternoon our minister visited us for 30 minutes or so, which was very enjoyable.  Early yesterday evening one of our friends from Sunday School brought us a meal plus.  She brought over enough food to about 3 meals and it was good as we had some of it for our supper last evening.  I was shocked yesterday afternoon when my new iPad was delivered as hadn't expected it until tomorrow or Friday.  I also got the new case and keyboard that I had ordered for the Samsung Galaxy Tablet.  Unfortunately, those two items will have to be returned as neither worked with my new iPad.  It took a couple of hours to get the new iPad up and running but that includes the automatic backup of all of the apps I have running on my phone.  These were all stored in the iCloud.  I was a happy camper when I found I will be able to work my daily crossword puzzles on the new iPad.  If I made one step forward yesterday morning I took at least two steps back by 8 pm when I went to bed. I guess I overdid yesterday morning, although it wasn't very much. I think I was a weary as I have ever been in this siege and am short of breath this morning.  I do have a 1:45 appointment for my routine pacemaker check at 1:45 this afternoon.  Scott is off today and will take me as I am going to need to use the transport chair this afternoon.  I am taking another pass today on making individual comments to the fine postings we have here since I read yesterday and posted yesterday.

Joy

Good morning.  It is a pretty sunny morning, but still cold. 

Jane, I sure hope to  be able to make some of your recipe for Chicken and dumplings.  They are the kind of dumplings that  I like.  I like "doughy" things.  But, I will probably roll the dough out a little thicker than 1/4 in.  What I remember having at that Pot Luck we went to,  was something that looked like "little pillows" and were real soft and "doughy". 

I think the Crackle Barrel version is very similar.  Just need to get all the ingredients together.  Will probably cut the ingredients  in half.

Gloria, yes, I usually would make the Bisquick dumplings,  but as Jane  mentioned.  her kind her nothing like the Bisquick ones.  But, I do think they are good, also.  And, they are quick.

When my mother used to make bean soup, she would make an egg dumpling to put in it.  I think it was just egg and flour and she would drop small little balls of the dough into the bean soup.  And, they would soak up a lot of the juice.

Gloria, I was able to get to Walmart on Sunday for a few things.  And, then my DIL and I went out to lunch.  I wasn't that tired as I only did a little bit of walking in the store.  Most of the time, I just get a shopping cart and hold on to that to help me get around.  Only thing, the shopping cart doesn't have a place to sit.  But, I wasn't in there that long, so it all worked out good.  I don't think I had been shopping since before Christmas.  Everything was out for Easter and summertime.

Amy, I , too , am hoping the new medicine will work out well for your husband.  I know the side effects can be pretty devastating at times.  I take a chemo pill that had 3 pages of side effects,  but luckily, I have not had too much problem with the side effects.  They are manageable. I think they have to list every kind of a side effect that has affected at least one person.  I guess it just depends on the person and  how their body is affected by the medicine.

I hope everyone has a good day.  And, hope all of you are not bothered by any severe weather.  Spring is on the way, somewhere !!!

Joy
BIG BOX

Mary Ann

Jane, I noticed a lack of postings too.  I posted in Norm's B&T about 5:30 last night, then Tom and I went to Holland MI to babysit his granddaughters (had a ball).  We got back here about 10:30 and when I came online there were no posts in any of the folders, so that was a five hour gap.  The next poster there was Marilyne and she lives in CA, three hours later than EST and probably at 9 am my time.

The granddaughters are two as of the first of February, chattering and moving all over the place.  They are fun to be with for a few hours, but I woke up this morning at 9:30 and that is unusual for me. 

We had snow overnight but thankfully we don't have to shovel or plow!

Tom is subbing at a school nearby today and will be gone until suppertime.

Mary Ann