Random Image

Blue Quilt

Owner: Amy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:54:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Classical Corner

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 01:25:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldiesmann

Trans-Siberian Orchestra's take on Johann Pachelbel's famous Canon. There are two versions of this - this version and a newer rock version (electric guitars and a female voice instead of a children's choir)

RAMMEL

It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

MarsGal

Vanilla-Jackie

Been watching our televised New Years Day Convert live from Vienna 2022, and just stated conductor Daniel Barenboim's age of 80...i have to admit he looks marvelous for his age...They also done an air tour around Vienna whilst playing music, and it was breathtakingly stunning...
" There is no present like the time "

so_P_bubble

https://youtu.be/09lljCQdzRc

Leo P - BBC Proms - Amazing - Audience Reaction

MarsGal

That was fun to watch. Never heard of Leo P.

so_P_bubble

A soul-stirring finale to one of the greatest symphonies of all time. Let the wings of Gustav Mahler's Second Symphony carry you onward in triumph. 

https://youtu.be/wGWUkD00wI8

Oldiesmann

Quote from: MarsGal on January 11, 2022, 10:11:47 AMThat was fun to watch. Never heard of Leo P.

He's been a part of a couple different bands in New York. Probably best known for this performance of "Funkytown" with Lucky Chops. Very talented guy.

Oldiesmann

Harpo Max playing Franz Lizst's famous "Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2" on the harp from the 1946 film A Night in Casablanca. This is quite impressive when you consider this piece was written for piano.

MarsGal

Darn, my computer sound disappeared on my yesterday evening. I did a few checks, but so far, no good. Today I am going to check the cables (better light in the daytime), replace my speakers, and whatever I else I can find. If I can't figure it out, it means a trip to the computer repair show. 

so_P_bubble

Fantastic!  What a talent.

so_P_bubble

The sound on this link would not play for me either, so I went to watch it on U-tube.

MarsGal

Oh super, the sound works now. I restarted the computer yesterday after redownloading the driver. I guess it needed to be shut down entirely. It works just fine now, and I didn't really do anything yet except get into the old control panel and check the settings.

Oldiesmann

Beethoven's 5th Symphony gets the major league sports treatment courtesy of Peter Shickele (aka P.D.Q. Bach). I'm not sure who the other commentator is (Peter Shickele is the guy on the left).

so_P_bubble

Andre Rieu - Concert Israel, Tel Aviv - 2018

https://youtu.be/j5rxWTjwXJc

Oldiesmann

The famous 18th variation from Rachmaninoff's Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini as performed by legendary guitarist Duane Eddy. This became popular under the title "The Story of Three Loves" after the Harmonicats recorded it with that title in the early 1950s.

Oldiesmann

Fun from the always talented Red Ingle. This is known as "Pagan Ninny's Keep 'er Goin' Stomp" and is credited to Paganini, Rossini and Mellorini (whoever that is). This was released in 1947. I'm not sure which classical pieces it quotes other than a small part of "Barber of Seville". I would assume Ingle himself is playing violin but the label credits "Niccolo Piu Noodnik"

MarsGal

:rose:  For you on this Valentines Day, my Mom's favortie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yri2JNhyG4k

RAMMEL

It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

MarsGal

Tomereader1

MarsGal

Bubble brought to my attention the composer Félicien-César David. Thanks again, Bubble.

Skhilled

Quote from: RAMMEL on February 14, 2022, 11:23:53 AMJust nice. Close your eyes, lay back, and enjoy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK8jihRMFWw&list=TLPQMTQwMjIwMjI5F0hiwzzgPQ&index=2

She is very beautiful and talented! :D

I'm a former musician (bassist), songwriter, DJ, and rapper from long ago. LOL I stopped playing instruments, DJing and writing songs long ago but can still rap very well at ago 60. ;)

Skhilled

Quote from: MarsGal on February 18, 2022, 08:28:29 AMBubble brought to my attention the composer Félicien-César David. Thanks again, Bubble.

I don't get to listen to classical music much and have almost forgotten how relaxing and calming it can be! 8)

MarsGal

RAMMEL

Leroy Anderson --- another of my old Fav's. Somewhere around here I have two of his LPs, ----- but sadly no turn table to play them on.  When Arthur Feidler and The Boston Pops was on TV in this area I rarely missed it.  Music of all types is great.
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

Oldiesmann

An interesting take on Liszt's famous "Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2" from 1958

Oldiesmann

A fun take on Grieg's "In the Hall of the Mountain King". This is from one of several "Stereo Action" albums RCA Victor produced to show off the new technology of stereophonic sound (and thereby convince consumers to buy their stereo hi fi equipment).

MarsGal

Interesting take on the Hungarian Rhapsody, sounds kind of Bossa Nova which I like.

My contribution for the day.Two of my favorites, classical and cats.

Oldiesmann