Random Image

judge

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:41:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for March 1,2019

Started by so_P_bubble, March 01, 2019, 12:36:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mary Ann

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow9DDqj-Hio

Jane, try this.  I had sent the link to someone and copied from her e-mail and that is probably why things got twisted.  This is from YouTube.  I hope you can get it OK.

I just looked at Grand Haven and there are people on the ice. 

Mary Ann

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  We have another beautiful day ahead.  I am just going to check in this morning as am really tired.  I didn't get to sleep until after 3 am.  I am having problems with my iPhone and while I found the instructions how to fix it when I went through the process it comes up with an error code.  Scott will be here in a little bit and am hopeful he can fix the problem.

JaneS

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Mary Ann

Jane, Good and thank you.

Mary Ann

Joy

I  just saw the link to the Soo  Locks on  Norm's page and really  enjoyed watching it.   I would have thought it would take longer for a ship to go  through.   It must be exciting to  watch it in person.

Thanks Mary Ann for sharing.

Pretty  sunny day here in the mid -Atlantic.  And,  might even  hit  70º ,  but rain tomorrow.  Sure hope we have seen the end of the snow.

Have a good afternoon.

Joy
BIG BOX

JaneS

JOY, we're at 58º heading for a high of 60 today but our rain is supposed to start around midnight and last off and on until noon tomorrow.  At least it's not freezing.  It's supposed to stay in the high 50s overnight.  Do you think Spring  is on the way?  I whispered it so as not to scare it off.

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

JeanneP

Finely got some sun here but along with it are 64 miles hour wind. Just went to get the mail and almost blew me over. Lets hope now that March half way over it will go out like a Lamb. It came in lke a lion.
JeanneP

Shirley

Have not read any of the posts so will 'splain where I've been..........

I am back from MO & so tired I can hardly see this screen (glasses still in the RV). Absolutely worst wind I've ever driven in... from Jefferson City, MO this morning where it was in the 60s at daybreak.... to Wichita. Got home a little after 3:00 pm with plenty stops for cats to use litterbox. Found the side double gate to the pool area shattered, both panes of Lexan out & wood in shreds. The pool hose holder (huge RubberMaid storage) flattened & one half section of the top missing. NO idea how it could have blown out of the pool enclosure but must have!  Must get stuff out of the RV that I don't want left overnight... (okay, guns & jewelry  :D  ), I plugged it into power so I don't have to clean out frig & freezer tonight. I had 5 hours + a few minutes sleep last night, but Wednesday was all I hoped for. Daughter from St.Louis & son & wife were using their timeshare in Branson so drove to Jeff.City to join us. We found a great place to eat (even gluten free for daughter) & then on down along the MO River to a little town called Linn and other Bonnots MIll, where my parents grew up. WE visited the historical museum in Linn, sweetest lady showed us around & naturally, knew my cousins that still live in the area.... then on to Bonnots Mill (Lewis & Clark trail, original French fur trading post, then Dauphine & then named after a Bonnot (pronounced Bun-no), another relative. I pointed out the farm where the 3 ancestors that came from France in 1855 were buried... a cemetery on the back of their farm. Long story.......

CallieOK

Mary Ann,  that's amazing and so interesting.  Thanks for sharing![/size]

]Welcome home, Shirley.  We had the same kind of wind from Tuesday evening through sunset last night.  Not a whole lot better today but getting there.[/size]

Mary Ann

Callie, thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it.  I know so many people are unaware of the Soo and the Locks.  When I was young, we could walk across the canal but I believe that is no longer possible because of security.  I also took a tour boat ride through an American lock then around to the Canadian lock where people were selling English candy in those pretty tins the English sell.  Both the lock trip and walking across the lock were many, many years ago, probably in the 1930s. 

Shirley, that must have been some wind at your place.  I heard the wind here today, but not as destructive as yours.

Mary Ann

so_P_bubble