Random Image

skating

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:06:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for March 15,2019

Started by so_P_bubble, March 14, 2019, 06:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaneS

Lots going on around here today....all good.  Don't worry about me.  I'll be back when I can.

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Lloyd Hammond

Hello everyone. well I had another good long night sleep with a brake in the middle, It is cloudy here today calling for t storms afternoon. Hope your all day is going like you want it too. have the rest day good. see you all later.

Lloyd

Sandy

Bath chairs are good but what is most
important is having very secure railing to
hang on to.    I grabbed on to a towel rack
once and it collasped almost taking me
with it. 

What ever you can can get your hands on
in the tub is what you will automatically
grab for....   so please be sure that every
thing with in reach is securely attached. 

We have had this conversation before in
here  and IMHO,  there is no excuse for not
securing everything that my hand can reach
when in the tub. 

It is almost easier and safer to sit in a
chair in the bath room and do a spot wash...
We really do not get that dirty any
longer  to put us in the position of
falling...   

Just my humble opinion... (again)
I hate to see any one fall when it
can be avoided. 

love  to all
Sandy
 :smitten:
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Shirley

Larry, I 2nd Amy's suggestion about the bath chair. Will tell you that Cas bought the one with a back (sounded like a good idea at the time) but discovered it was not convenient since "his" bathroom has a sliding door to the tub/shower. Which ever side he got in he was "locked" in to get out. Instead of getting a different one he sawed the back off. ::) It has been holding a pot of flowers in the back bedroom & has more near the feet to hide them. They are a must have when the legs are "iffy".

Oh, Amy, I love the smell of lilacs. When my Lily of the Valley bloom I will think of you. I've watered them a couple times in hopes they survived the winter. That is another little flower that I bring in for my window sill. I will take a tour of my yard with camera this morning to see what is blooming or about to. Last year the violets had almost vanished, no idea why, but I do love them.

We are supposed to get into the 70s today, hope the wind isn't as strong. Naturally, spring brings threat of storms, especially tornadoes & hail, a good possibility this evening with a cold front pushing down. We have had a lot of damage over the years but so far, none since Cas died. I hate the thought of all the extra clean up work that can cause. Can't control the weather, can we? 

Had a strange thing happen last night, left me with a bad feeling or disappointment, I guess you'd call it. I took my Ruger to Cabela's yesterday to have the battery on the laser replaced. I bought the laser there & they installed it about 5 years go. I have no clue if I still have the box to ID the type battery so they couldn't check if in stock before I went. It is as far across the city as it can be from me but I was not surprised they didn't have what I needed...I chose to drive there instead of searching the house for that little box. The man that took the old one out showed me how to replace, seemed surprised how simple this model is. Anyway, he suggested a couple places that might have it (but didn't) so got on Amazon & found what I thought would work.

I did the "screen snip" using the tool in Windows 10 & sent it to my son to ask if this was where I wanted to buy. He did a quick check of his sources & e-mailed back "it's a good price".  Half an hour had passed by the time I hopped on Amazon to order & was surprised when the item showed up $22.92 instead of $14.99 on my order. I checked every way and finally called the Help line on Amazon "how could this be?".  Got someone I could not understand with the "pat" answers that didn't address my questions at all.  Since I had the site still pulled up showing the reviews, I typed in one that fit my mood. "Bait and Switch"... I would much rather have talked to a human, tried that & couldn't understand or be understood, but so tired and angry I submitted the review, that I had NOT completed the order because......

I've been comfortable ordering from Amazon, made some bad choices along the way, my fault for not thoroughly checking,  but only when really bad quality do I give a bad review. I do praise the items I am pleased with, I believe in reviews before buying.  This morning I am still upset but have no intention of ordering this item from Amazon, I know I can find the battery in town but will call to make sure it is in stock before going. 

Guess why this bothers me is because I've been "heart sick" that so many people, politicians & business, don't have any conscious regard for ethics, honesty, integrity or any of the traits we used to admire in our fellow men/women.  So many seem to think cheating or getting the best of someone is a game, it goes on everywhere and I don't play it.  I love a bargain but will not take advantage of an honest mistake.  Makes me wonder how many others this seller has taken advantage of.  This is too long but only way I can get it out of my system is to yell about it.  'Scuse me while I scream.  :banghead:  :dontknow: Where have all the good people gone?  IN HERE!

Right now, except for wind twirling trees around, we have a nice day going so better do some yard work, call to find that battery, or keep moving before rain & cold weather returns. Sorry about the length of this, just a frustrated & disappointed old lady living in a crazy world.

You slipped in, Sandy.... and my neighbor would agree with you completely. She told me she had not gotten into the tub or shower for a year, but kept herself clean "like in the old days".

Sandy

I know that I a paranoid about slipping
in the tub (my shower)

The most difficult thing for me to come
come to grips with  is that falling takes
less then a second and there is no
time for contemplation... 

When I am in my shower, one hand is
always hanging  on to one of the four
secure railings that are in there with me.

Better safe then very sorry...
Sandy
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Carol

Missing the wisdom from several who used to post in here.  I have to say it is comforting to check in here especially since we have two close in our family with major issues.  Some days both Don and I feel awful and we are grateful to just keep on keeping on.

Larry:  Good advice on the shower bars and I might add to any of you who have a tub, put in a solid bar to help you going in and out of the tub.  It really helps. 

Allergies and dryness - I have headaches and nose bleeds from all the flowers blooming. 

Lloyd Hammond

well I  have been reading post;s . we have both but not currently using either.
how ever when I had my knee replacement I used both as I needed them. they are now put away safe in a closest. Hope I stay in good enough shape I do not need to get them out. Larry I think those girls are giving you good advice, stay here and in good shape we all need you and the good advice you give us as needed. Have a great rest of the day. we are currently getting hard rain and thunder boomers. so I am getting off here.

Lloyd

Amy

The snow didn't get much of a chance to melt today..maybe tomorrow. :) Phoned my son and he said he was in Ottawa..I thought Ottawa Ontario but it is Ottawa Kansas!! 

Neighbour was in to return our wheelchair, he uses it to take his Mom for her tests in the city. Makes travelling through the long halways much easier, I know I used it a lot when Kyle wasn't up to walking. Tis a blessing to have but I hope we don't have to use it again.

Didn't hear the robins today but the geese were talking away on the lake.  Soon we will be watching for pussy willows in bloom.

Phyliss is MIA ?

Jane, hope you are ok...take time to breath!

Sandy, we have have grips in the tub and on the outside. Even have one as you step outside the work trailer. A real help to have.

Better tidy the kitchen up....slow tonight.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Shirley

Well, Amy, tell your son I'm sorry about all the road work on that one stop into Ottawa, KS, sure is a pain in the neck for me, but I like that McDonald's & the parking lot behind it so I can get the RV in & out. There are 4 off & on ramps for Ottawa so wonder which one he uses. Does he plan to come through Wichita or going the other direction?

Will tell you that when my neighbor lady had trouble on the one step from garage floor coming into the hall/kitchen, I got a new drawer pull that I screwed into the door facing in the garage & I find myself using it all the time now. Not too big & just right for a "hand up" on that step!

Denver

Our sun has been shinning all day and the temperature is delightful, however a storm is moving in later and it will eventually be snowing once again😢

LARRY, it is always good to see a post from you, especially when you tell of you and Pat spending time with Scott and the girls. 

JANE, I do hope the "lot's going on" will not be about anything bad and especially that it'll will not wear you to a frazzle! 

SHIRLEY, it is important to check before buying on Amazon as they are not always the best price.  I have not experienced any price changes like you found, but it would not make me happy either and I would always buy local if you can.  We put a nice grab bar on our back patio step to assist me getting in and out the slider, but I do not know why we did not think about putting a couple in the shower then! 

CAROL, the wild flowers are beautiful but they do cause many folks problems.  I am not sure you are able to watch the Avalanche in Tucson, but we sure are excited right now for them.  Our youngest son and his wife are going to the game tomorrow night and he bought really good seats, so they are going to enjoy being there.  I was trying to tell Brian about your grandson playing with, possibly rooming with Nathen, but for the life of me, I could not remember where that was? Are you and Don getting ready to head home? 

I definitely need a grab bar in our shower but have put off because we are needing to get our bath area remodeled....I think we better get it before I have a fall,.  We took off the glass shower doors when I had all my surgeries back in 2011 and we still have a shower curtain.  I have been thinking what I would feel the safest with and now I know a couple of shower bars is what I need and the other can be either.  Bob pointed out falling into shower doors might be even more dangerous if they shatter....when I expressed concern about falling right through the curtain. 

AMY, my first thought of Ottawa was Ontario too...  Does he ever get into the Denver area?  Glad you have the wheel chair back again, but I, too, hope Kyle will never need it again.  Wouldn't that be wonderful? 

Tomorrow our oldest grandson will be competing in a GeoBee.  He has wond his school, his district and now this is the state competition.  We hoped to go, but seating is limited to 2 and of course his mom and dad are going!  IF he gets into the finals tomorrow then they will move to a auditorium and there will be seating. If the weather is not too bad we will drive up and watch him.  It is being healed at Denver University.

I hope EVERYFRIEND has had a good day.

Jenn
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

JaneS

Just gonna say "Good Night Everyfriend".  I'm so tired I watched a little TV through my eyelids after my friend dropped me off tonight.  Now I'm heading for the real sack and some good sleep....I hope!  I wish you all a peaceful sleep and a happy tomorrow.

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Off to a fabric sale this morning....have to be there right when it opens or it gets too crowded for me.

Shirley, I will aske him next time I get to talk with him. Difficult to keep up with him  at times as he is all over.

Jenny, I will ask him. Hope all is well there and Michele is feeling better with the new meds. Prayers your way for all!

Better get ready have to be on the road soon.

Enjoy your day everyone.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Good morning Everyfriend!  This day is starting pretty off normal.  I hope it stays that way.  I don't have to work until 10 so I have time to think about things this morning.  Right now, the doggies and I are waiting for the boinger.  When that goes off, we'll be really starting our day.

Right now, I'm here in the Soda Shoppe to see what's up for the day.  So far, it looks like "what's up" is AMY.  And she's off and running....as usual!

I'll try to be back later to check in on all of you.  I wish you a great day.  Grab it and make it your own in every way.  God gave it to us to use as we wish.  Thank Him!

phyllis

I'm not MIA today but thanks for thinking about me, Amy.  Have been on the run with errands that needed to be done.  It takes me longer to get things done and longer to recuperate from doing them. ::)

Ottawa, Kansas!  My hometown. Not much to it but it was a good town for a kid to grow up in.  Almost everyone in town looked after the kids......and reported whatever they were doing to Mom and Dad!   :-[   If we were somewhere we shouldn't be or doing something we shouldn't do, it wasn't long before our parents knew about it!

I have two bathing chairs.  One for my shower and a transfer bench for the tub in the other bathroom.  Unfortunately, my shower is so small that if I put the chair in there is no room for me so I'm looking for a smaller bench that will be sturdy but will let both of us fit in the shower.  I have grab bars everywhere in all three bathrooms and use them all the time.

I bought some cauliflower at the store yesterday so plan to try Amy's Cauliflower Soup today.  It sounded so good.

Yesterday's weather was almost perfect.  Beautiful, but could have been a tad warmer.  Today is supposed to be the same but a few degrees warmer.  I love it!

I send a smile and a hug to all of you and wishes for a good day.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Gloria

Good morning everyone, 43° and no sunshine, just a cloud cover so far. Weather guesser says rain later. Hard to believe we are already close to he end of March and it really has not warmed up much here.

LARRY  sorry you almost fell in the shower. Don't you have a shower stool? I bought one years ago when my back and legs started bothering me. I would be unable to shower without it.

GLORIA de  I am so happy we have a town car here for medial appointments. I call as soon as I get home to book them. If they are already booked  I ask when they have an opening and call back to reschedule my appointment.

LLOYD  a good night's sleep sure helps us.

SHIRLEY  I don't have a back on my shower stool and it swivels around, I feel safe in the shower with it or I would never be able to shower anymore. Like you I like reading the reviews before buying something.

AMY  pussy willows are something else I have not seen in years. I always picked some and keep  the new ones.

JENNY  I do have a fear of falling and will not take any step where I don't have my rollator or can grab hold of something.

JANE glad you posted last night. You know how we worry when someone does not post.

AMY  is that old Willie Nelson song "On the Road Again" your theme song? It should be, hardly a day goes by that you are not driving someplace.

PHYLLIS  what you said about Ottawa, Kansas is how this town used to be. Too many new people now.

Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  Once again we are to have a very nice day getting up into the low 80's.  Our nights are still chilly but no frost in the forecast and hopefully that is over for this Spring.  Scott was here for about an hour yesterday and did bring out a Firehouse Sub, which served as my main meal for the day.  I really got nothing accomplished yesterday as just wasn't up to it.  It looks like today may be a replica of yesterday.  I did enjoy watching one of the basketball games last evening.

Lindancer, I think I am now using the oxygen more hours of the day than I am without it.  I hope your ride situation worked well. 

Amy, we have a bath chair but it really isn't very safe and I didn't like using it.  From now on I plan on just taking sponge baths at the sink as will be able to sit for most of it.  I do have to find an easy way to wash my hair but have a couple of ideas I will try. My experience yesterday of almost falling two or three times in the shower really frightened me. 

Shirley, They don't have lilacs here in South Caroline and guess it must be that the winters are not cold enough.  We had a lot of them in Missouri as I grew up.  We have had similar experiences with Amazon and one time I was able to use the back button to the page with the cheaper price and ordered it at that price.  Pat has run into a lot as she does a lot of online shopping.  Often she finds that Walmart has a cheaper price on some mail order items. 

Jenny, please don't put off getting the grab bars installed until you have a falling accident.  They are not unattractive.  When you remodel your grab bar can be removed and reused in your new bath.  I hope your grandson had great success in the GeoBee yesterday. 

Phyllis, Stacey had to use a transfer bench in your apartments as they had tubs and she had her amputated legs.  The apartments did put in grab bars for her.

Gloria, I don't take many steps without holding on to my rollator and when I do I can hold on to the kitchen cabinets or other places.  It is hard for me to realize how all of this has happened for me in less than three months.  I am concerned about the next three months but it will be what it is and I will adjust as necessary.  I am still working on documenting everything for Pat and Scott to use when that time comes.  Yesterday we decided to cash in a small investment in order to simply things and will soon close one of the two bank accounts we have.

I must be feeling a bit better today as see I have made quite a few comments, although didn't try to address everyone but know you all understand.

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. It is 49º now and cloudy calling for thunder storms after while. I just got up a bit ago 10 hours in two hitches. hope you all have a great day just as you like it.see you all after while again.

Lloyd

Amy

What a grand day out. Snow I melting and water is everywhere.  I came home with 3 quilt backings and a quilt panel with deer on it to use...

Shirley, I was just talking with David and he said he spent the night at Love's Truck stop. He was just going through Caldwell MO heading east.

Jenny ,no he doesn't get into that area. The wheelchair has been a blessing and not just for us.

Jimmy Dean

JaneS

I came home from work more tired than usual.  I took care of the doggies, set the alarm and zonked on the sofa.  Two hours later, I'm up and about.  I have to start thinking about supper and changing my clothes because my neighbor/friend is picking me up around 6:40 go to a movie at her church.  They have these outings for the ladies regularly and she always asks if I'd like to go.

Larry, my prayers are with you.  It sounds like you need a few right now.

I hope everyfriend is having a good day and that you will finish it off with a flourish!  I'll try to look in later to see what you've all been up to!  Have fun!

Lindancer

Larry, this is one of the days, I have had to use the oxgyen all day.  The humidity was 93, and that is one thing that bothers me.

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Lloyd Hammond

well it is time to bid you all sweet dreams and goodnight. It is at the  time  light rain and cloudy

Lloyd

Shirley

I've stopped in here half a dozen times today, would start a post, phone would ring & I got off the computer & since I wasn't typing to a wordpad, lost the post. Wan't ever anything important. Son came by to pick up his camper instead of sleeping in a tent at the Boy Scout camp.... he keeps his CPR certificate current so he can work with the boys to earn that badge... he loves being with the kids but this time being a little cautious as the cardiologist hasn't totally released him since the surgery. Anyway, he's called twice to let me know that the heat pump in his little A frame camper works great. He took along student papers to grade (teaches 2 classes at local college) & the aircraft company he retired from has asked him to come back "on his terms" (work from home & reports in once a month)... keeping busy as well as taking care of his 2 grandkids off & on all week. He was not nearly as busy when he worked FULL time!

Had a misty rain all day & big cool down. Not much to show for my day. I think I am getting lazy. Just remembered I have 2 of my batteries charging in the garage... got all these Black & Decker tools for the yard (Christmas presents). I used the hedge trimmer to cut down the tall cane, the blower to clean up that mess and yesterday I got out the weed-whip to see if I could kill off the weed that grows next to the sidewalk out back... trying to kill it! About to quit fighting the weeds, they have taken over in places. Wonder why we don't just settle for anything green?  Time to call the yard guy & get the first trim. Had mid 70 one day this week & weather guessers calling for snow flurries tonight, hope it doesn't freeze the red buds back again.

Larry, I cashed those I-bonds so it would be easier for the kids "later on".  Since Cas & I used separate banks & check books (we were each on the other's) I did close his credit card (even had separate ones of those)... because he used it all the time & I didn't want any bill paid automatically. Good thing as auto club & one insurance, when I called about the renewal said, "I'll just put this on your credit card"... to which I explained why he shouldn't, that card was closed. One of those ones that you have to call every year to get it half price! I hope & pray that you will feel better when we all get over the change from winter to summer.

Hard to tell how we are doing when seasons are changing. I was a little concerned after my last Echo because "by the numbers" one valve is in critical mode & the one replaced 6 years ago is down by 40%, I'm guessing since "they say" it's good for 10-15 years, I've used up a little over a third of my usage. Not crazy about that thought... so decided not to think about it for now. Like I told my doctors, "I'm going to LIVE until I die"... and hope to hang in until 100. We never know. Gloria de, I'm taking note of your usage of oxygen & doing all you do. Impressive, for sure.

I really did type posts several times today & would close out when the phone rang & someone I knew would talk a long time. Right now my brain is calling for sleep so think I need to shut up & find those zzzzzzzzzzzzs Jane keeps looking for.

Oh, Gloria, I've never seen one of the shower seats that swiveled... that would have been what Cas needed with the shower door the way it is. Hope I remember when I need to get one, I sure wouldn't use this elephant that Cas bought. These bathrooms don't have grab bars or anything & I don't plan to remodel. I'm glad the one I use doesn't have the sliding doors to the tub/shower because the track on the tub is that much higher for these short legs to step over. The house we built, the master bedroom/bathroom had just a shower, no tub... but just had to step over about a 3" bottom to get in.

Yesterday I went to the local battery store, called first & was assured they had the battery I needed. It looked right so I didn't even bother checking the tiny numbers in the store, 2 guys working the register double checked & even showed them the paper the guy from Cabela's gave me with numbers & had the battery with me to make sure the right size. Got home & before I opened the package I had a good look at the numbers & they did NOT match!  I called right back & was told they don't have that number "but they'd check to see if they had one that would work". I took it back for refund, said I wasn't using anything other than what was in it! Last night Amazon posted that $14.99 price on those batteries again & the "others like it"... same brand, for $22.94. I guess what happened is when I put the cheaper ones in my "basket", they substituted & thought I wouldn't notice. So I ordered & we will see how this turns out. It comes from a "reseller/vendor" & the higher prices ones show "from Amazon". Do not understand when they are identical packages, all coming from China. :idiot2:  You may hear me roar from coast to coast if they aren't what they say because I "clipped" all the promises & warranties, a whole row of little JPEGs on my desktop! ;D To be honest, I've spent more on gas trying to buy them in town than what they cost. Ah, well, kept me busy~~

Sweet dreams to all and God Bless.  Shirley

Amy

Good morning everyone..

This is what we are in for today.

Today
Cloudy. Periods of snow mixed with ice pellets beginning this morning then changing to rain mixed with ice pellets this afternoon. Risk of freezing rain this afternoon. Snow and ice pellet amount 5 cm. Wind up to 15 km/h. High plus 2. Wind chill minus 9 in the morning. UV index 2 or low.
Tonight
Periods of rain mixed with ice pellets changing to snow mixed with ice pellets near midnight. Risk of freezing rain this evening and overnight. Snow and ice pellet amount 5 to 10 cm. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 4. Wind chill near minus 9.I had hoped to hang laundry out as I think the snow is low enough the bedding won't drag. We shall see.

March has gone swiftly and all too soon it will be bug time. Mosquitos and blackflies  will be next. and lots of them!

Shirley sounds like your son enjoys these outing just as much as the boys do.

Jane, hope you enjoyed the movie last night.

Larry, in the past you have likely burnt the candle at both ends, time to slow down and rest you have earned it

Gloria, I would love to stay put but it  seems there is always something going on. Today we have to head into town to pick up Kyle's blister pack. We were going to do it yesterday but came a different way home. I am sure he must get stir crazy so we go out for coffee in the morning each day. Then there are all the Dr trips. One of which is coming on Tue.There are times I wish there were two of me as my friend is having trouble with her pacemaker zapping her and also has an appointment on Tue and wanted me to take her. We shall see how things all work out.

Phyliss, I understand on taking longer to re-coup...these long drives  take the starch out of me. Plus if we go to the city there is always shopping to do.

Better get the laundry started .

Enjoy your day.
Jimmy Dean

Gloria

Good morning everyone, a whole 41° and supposed to get into the low 60's today. Hope so, can open windows without the witch yelling.  Weather guesser said we will have some sunshine, not all cloudy like yesterday.

LARRY  wonderful post from you yesterday. I seldom go into my kitchen with my rollator, the threshhold is high and hard to get over but I can hold onto the counters so not too bad.

LLOYD  glad you are getting more sleep.

SHIRLEY  at times I would love to relax in a tub but only a walk in shower here. The son that lives here and my DIL have to me I can go to there home and get in their whirlpool bath but I laugh and tell them I could not get into it or out of it.  I bet it would help my back feel good for a few hours if I could use it.

AMY  with all you do, you have no time to get bored or get cabin fever. I know at times I would love to go shopping, just to get into a store and see what is new. Then I think of how I would feel by the time I got home. Would take a couple of days to rest up from it.

Have a great day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I've been up for a bit and the doggies have had their pills and have been fed and I'm in the process of feeding me right now. 

SHIRLEY and AMY, you make me tired just reading about everything you do!  I've decided that today will be a "do as I please" day.  I'm only going to do it if I feel like doing it.  I don't know yet what that will include. 

We're into warmer weather today too.  It's already 46º and supposed to go into the high 60s later today.  I can take that every day.  If I had to go anywhere, today would be a good day for that because it's also cloudy.  I could even drive East or West without the sun glare.  I know why it's cloudy today.  Yesterday, I bought a pair of those sunglasses they're advertising on TV that cut the glare and make it easier to see.  I won't be able to try them out today.

My new phone book came yesterday and it's a lot skinnier than last year's book.  I'm sure that doesn't mean fewer numbers.  It probably means a lot smaller print.  The magnifying glass people are making a fortune on me.  I think I have one in every room now. 

Prayers for all who need them and some for those who don't think they do.  Enjoy your day.  It's yours!

phyllis

The sun has been up for awhile but it is just now high enough over the trees that it is beginning to shine in my windows.  We are supposed to be mostly cloudy throughout the day and then rain tomorrow.  Hopefully it will be just a normal rain with no wind.  We are coming up on hurricane season and I hope it won't be as active here as it was last year.  Oh, well, the new roof is doing just fine and the insurance company was very helpful.  Can't complain.

The cauliflower soup last night was a big hit.  David had two bowls of it and I enjoyed one bowl very much.  I think the recipe I used is a keeper in my Soup File.

I plan to just do a little "scratching around the chicken coop" today.  I'll vacuum the center hall and maybe dust a piece of furniture.....or two.  Also, I may bake another Cherry Tart since the last one went over really well and I still have one sheet of pie dough left.  I want to watch the golf match today, too.  I do like Match Play.  Have you been watching, Mary Ann?

It saddens me to read of your preparations, Larry, but I have great admiration for you for doing so much.  It shows your love and consideration for your family  and will give them guidance and peace of mind.  You are in my prayers.

Breakfast is calling.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Joy

Good morning.  I am just marking my place.  It is too early for anything special to talk about.

Yesterday  was a kind of lazy day.  Didn't do much. So, I slept pretty good.  It was kind of stuffy, so I turned the little fan on that I have in the bedroom and it really helps me to sleep.

Looks like it is going to be a partly cloudy day, but up  in the 60's.   And, then cold again, the first of the week.  WIll SPRING ever get here.

Larry, I continue to keep you in my prayers also.  But it was nice to see a longer message from you yesterday.  Hope that today will be a better day.

Gloria, I, also, would just love to be able to get down into a nice hot bubble bath.   I only have a walk-in shower, which I really like, but a nice soaking in a real bathtub would feel so nice. 

I hope everyone has a great day and able to do something that you really like to do.   A nap , to me, is one of those things.

Joy
BIG BOX

Lloyd Hammond

good Morning everyone. we are at 36º and light rain here in central MO. I had a good night's sleep again with one middle brake of 9 hours. well I at this time plan on going to shop and work on some recipe boxes. I wan't to surprise some friends with them, seams tho that my Dreiser out weigh my get up and go.Maybe today will be better. the boxes I make have 1/8th finger joint in the corners and engraved 5 head wheat pattern in the front with a humming bird open wings flying to the wheat. and a owl on one end and a horse head on the other. I do the wheat free hand and cheat on the rest with a picture and carbon paper first then the drumeel tool finish. I have lot of boards 3/8th thick to make the boxes out of oak , wield cherry ,spaulded sycamore. cam't fiend spaulded spelling but it is treas that died while under flood water and the sap was up and makes black and grayish cooler in the grain.

Mary Ann

Yes, Phyllis, I watched some of the Match Play yesterday.  I often don't watch much of the tours until Sunday when there will be a winner.  I'll have to pay more attention to what goes on today so I can understand Match Play better. 

Radar shows we may have had some snow flurries, but I think they've passed.  We do not have as nice a day as yesterday. 

It is so nice to walk into a clean living-dining-kitchen area.  Robin does a good job, much more thorough than I ever could/would have done it.  She's Tom's friend and has had her hours at work reduced so needs the money. 

Amy, with your weather forecasts, I'd stay inside and not go to town.

Mary Ann

Lloyd Hammond

well the rain has switched to snow,at a pretty good clip but due to temp and moister not sticking as of yet. Have a good rest of the day

Lloyd