Random Image

Pat-Paul

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:50:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

: Soda Shoppe for April 1,2019

Started by so_P_bubble, April 01, 2019, 01:12:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaneS

Hello Everyfriend!  So far, I've had a rather busy day.  Nothing special but just "keep up" work.

The fog was like pea soup around my house and I considered the possibility of not going to church but I was all ready before I noticed how heavy it was so I gave it a try.  The church is about 2 miles south of me and the further south I went the thinner the fog was so I'm glad I went.

After church, I made a quick stop at WM for a couple of items I needed and then home to change the bed.

I usually change the bed the day the doggies get their bath but I was just plain too tired last night.  Now it's all clean for tonight.

LARRY, I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling better today and I'm also envious of your porch sitting.  I'm so looking forward to that!

Gloria de, so nice of your neighbor to look after you last night.  I'm sure you slept better for knowing someone was there.

AMY, did the egg work?

JOY, was your DIL surprised and I'm sure you enjoyed the party.

Washer just finished with the last load of bedding so I better go put it in the dryer.  Be back later.

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Joy

Late getting here today.  It has been just a busy day on the computer.  And, some telephone calls. 

My DIL's party last night was very nice.  There were 32 people there and it was nice to see some of their friends that I don't get to see very often.   Some of her friends who she has not seen for a while.  They all used to dance in a clogging group, and a lot of them still go to the Fiddler's Conventions down in Virginia and North Carolina a couple times a year. 

And, yes, Jane, she was totally surprised.  And more surprised to see friends that she hadn't seen in a while.  Some of their mutual friends, I hadn't seen for a good while.  It was nice to catch up with them and what was going on in their families.  All have children that are grown up now.

Food was good and very plentiful.   There was even some left-overs boxed up for the taking. So, I have dinner for two nights.

I don't know where this day has disappeared to.  The sun has been shining most of the day, but getting cloudy now.

Larry, I hope you had the same kind of a nice day today that you had yesterday.  Maybe that is the start of a good turnaround for you. Glad you were able to sit out.  Not warm enough here to do that yet.

Gloria, I am sorry you are feeling too well and it was nice your neighbor spent the night with you.  You certainly have nice neighbors that I know you appreciate. 

Looks like it is almost dinner time, and it seems like I just ate my breakfast.  The days go by so fast lately.  I have several busy week-ends coming up, so I am hoping that will help to restore my energy.

Have a wonderful rest of the evening.

Joy
BIG BOX

Lloyd Hammond

Mary Ann Thanks for the coaching. I will try to learn better what to do and do it better, Have a great rest of the day. we went this afternoon to great grand son's Birthday Party. fun to watch them play,but I can't keep up with them. too old.

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

well It has not been busy Here today or my computer is not doing it's Job.
oh Well it is time to bid you all good night and sweet dreams. hope to see you all here in the morning in good sprites and good health. Good night all.

Lloyd

JaneS

Just stopping by to say...

Good night Everyfriend!  I wish you a peaceful night and a happy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Denver

Sunday night....already!  Where do the weekend go?  We had two beautiful days and we sure enjoyed them.  We cleaned the garage that was so badly needed.  The back end of our SUV is packed with charitable items and the trash stack is very impressive.

AMY, I am so sorry to read about another scare with Kyle.  I do hope he can get right in to have the MRI so you can hopefully ease your minds that it is nothing serious.  One step forward, tw9 steps back!  You two sure could use a break after all you have been through.

LARRY, it sure is good to see a nice post from you.  I hope you continue to feel stronger eac( day. 

CALLIE, it seems your housekeeper set up is a good one.  We are still in a tizzy over our situation and still do not know just what we should do.  Congrats to Ms, Emily for finishing her first board exam.

GLORIA de, I hope you are feeling better today.  How sweet of your neighbor to want to spend the night to make sure you were OK. 

Tomorrow Michele will got to the University of Colorado to see a Oncologists that is thought to be the best for her particular type of cancer.  We will take her there and she will meet Dave and they will go together.  We will then take her back home. 

I am off to bed....pleasant dreams to EVERYFRIEND.

Jenn

🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. hope you all are having a peaceful end to your nights sleep,and have a great day as you like. we plan on getting the finishing touches on the RV clean and fixing up the R V ready to hit the road for a while. see you all later.

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Woke to liquid sunshine this morning, a gentle rain it is.

Chasing dust bunnies today and putting the finishing touches on a quilt top and maybe starting another.

Jenny, I hope Michele gets encouraging  news from the oncologist.

Lloyd, enjoy your day.

Joy, that was the perfect birthday party for all!!

Larry, you are right it doesn't so I just put it in God's hands.

Jane, that did work and now I am going to put another one in and beat it. :) Can't get my work done sitting ....can I?

Enjoy your day everyone..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  It looks like it's going to be a beautiful day in Central Pa.  I got up to 54º and it's supposed to get into the mid 70s  later today.  My kind of day!

The doggies have been out and have had their pill and we're waiting for the boinger and then breakfat.  After that, I'll be getting ready to go meet my public at WM for a few hours.  When I come home...we'll see.

JENNY, my prayers continue for Michele and her family and that includes you and Bob..I hope this trip today is a good one!

Still praying for a good MRI for Kyle!

The only thing I have planned is to get Emma's birthday gift on the way to Oklahoma.  My daughter will be there for her birthday and she's promised me a "face time" call with Emma.  It's better than nothing!

Guess I better get moving.  It's almost time for the boinger and when that goes off, there's no putting off a couple of hungry doggies.  I wish you all a good day...especially you Larry and Gloriade.  Take it and make it your own in every way!

phyllis

Cloudy morning here with severe storms predicted for this afternoon.  I hope the prediction isn't really as severe as "they" are saying but what will be, will be.

Today is a normal Washday Monday for me but it is supposed to be a busy week with a couple of appointments and deliveries and maintenance people all due during the week. A lot of activity for me but all stuff that has to be done.

Must get going and get breakfast over with.  Take care, All.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Gloria

Good morning everyone. Read the posts but cannot sit here lo. Raining and the dampness has set into my bones. Glad my CNA will be here later and can give me a back massage. Have an appointment tomorrow morning, hope I do not have to cancel it.  Have a great day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Sandy

Good Morning Everyone from the cold,
and SNOWY,  rocky coast of Maine.

What a surprise when I looked out my
windows and saw snow on the ground
and in the air still..   It is suppose
to turn to rain later.   And I suspect
cold, wet and chilling to the bone
for the next few days.     

Yikes!

Looking around at the web cams from
Duluth,  and the lakes region and
I see lots of rain and FOG around the
Northern Mid West as well as here in
New England. 

Other wise all is well here.   Just
a bit disappointing as I as hoping
for a warmer, drier and sunnier
for cast..   :'(

Not to be here in New England.
It must be April showers... 

Have a good day,  Everyone!
Sandy
 :crazy2:
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  I have read all of the postings since yesterday but am only going to check in today as not feeling very good and am very tired.

Carol

Larry:  Take an easy resting day. 

In the past 4 weeks, we have had 10 visitors stay over - most for two nights.  I am barely doing anything and woke at 4 AM so off to a poor start today. 

Jenny:  I read about your DIL, prayers for the family. 

JaneS

Got home from work about 2;15 very tired after a  really busy day at work.  An electrical inspector was waiting in my driveway and while he was still here, the radon guy came.  By the time they both left, I was so tired I couldn't think strait.  So I curled up on the sofa and took a nap.  That lasted about 2 hours and now I feel somewhat better. 

I'm going to get us some supper and then I'm going to do absolutely NOTHING for the rest of the day. I hope you are all doing the same!

Amy

Jane ,that is great advice, curling up and doing nothing. I can handle that! I did finish off another quilt so onto the next one. This one will be a camp quilt for a boy.

We did hear from the hospital and Kyle has an appointment for Apr.25th . Not happy with the time but tis ok..just hope we don't have to come home in the dark.

Enjoy your evening..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

AMY, seems like they might have got him in a bit sooner but that's hospitals for you!

I did as I said I would...NOTHING!  I do feel somewhat better.  Now I'm going to wish you all a very GOOD night and a happy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one.

Denver

Good evening.  This day proved to be a good one.....so I am smiling🥰🥰

Michele's appointment went very well.  Some of the suggestions are not easy ones to accept, but this doctor made both Dave and Michele feel good about her situation and the hope and trust that he will be helping them through this.  One of the new plans is to do radiation on her lung for 6 weeks, so that will extend her chemo time. 😢  This Doctor will be monitoring things and assures them that if things on the current plan are not doing the job then he has other things that they can try. All we can do is trust in our Good Lord and accept all the love and prayers that you all are saying for us and rejoice in our blessings.

We picked Michele up at Dave's Office, so they were able to drive one car to the University.  She was hungry so we had a sub sandwich at Firehouse Sub that she was craving.....we were thrilled she was hungry.  Then we decided to take a drive to see a lot that some friends of theirs have just purchased to build on soon.  She was feeling quite good and we ended up even looking at a show home that is nearer to their home and she was so happy to think that we might be interested in a possible move nearer to them. All in all it was a delightful time with her and I think she truly enjoyed the time also.  Bob kept asking her if she was OK, not wanting to wear her out too much, but she assured us she was doing good.  Now if she is feeling good tomorrow too, we will all be rejoicing! 

LARRY, I, too, am sorry today was not a better day for you.  I do hope you could take it easy and that a good night of rest will make tomorrow a better day for you. 

AMY, I am feeling sad that you have to wait so long for Kyle's MRI appointment.  Also that the time of day might be an issue for you.

JANE, after your day you deserved a couple of hour nap and a good full night of sleep also.

Thank you, CAROL for your prayers. 

GLORIA, I hope your CNA was able to give you a nice massage and you got some relief.  I hope you are able to make it to yo7r appointment tomorrow.

Thank you ALL again for your continued support and prayers.  🙏🥰

I wish EVERYFRIEND a good night of rest.

Jenn
🦋 Jenny

Shirley

Well, I was not expecting to be rushed into doing more surgery but the new doctor that does the valve through the artery was emphatic today that "if I did nothing I'd be dead in a year"... if I want to go camping in the mountains in June I have to have the heart cath next week and they will put in stents if any blockage at that time. A week later they will do the valve replacement without opening the chest again, just push the new valve inside the one they put in 6 years ago. Not at all pleased that it takes 2 invasive procedures but I think I convinced the doctor & the nurse that I wanted the minimum of any kind of medicine and did not want to take blood thinners the rest of my life. The doctor was a little surprised at my determination to be in charge but I told him to talk to the other doctor (same office) that did the heart cath back then. We will see.... but doesn't seem to be a choice about what is needed & how soon. They will do the 2 procedures a week apart to give the dye with it's kidney danger time to clear out before invading again. I wanted to wait until after Easter but the nurse explained that it needed to be over by early May with June being play time in the mountains. All we can do is "the best we can"... so be it.

Gloria, Doris A called tonight, I've been thinking about her because I check every year to see if the dogwood is blooming in MO... dogwood & redbud growing in the woods is such a pleasure to see. Don't guess I'll get down again this year, not so much in the wild anymore but driving through Leawood (where we used to live) is "candy for the eyes"... huge dogwoods in pink and white. The campground at my fav spot at Truman Lake has a big dogwood tree at the entrance.  Doris said she is doing good, still driving herself anywhere she wants to go. I think we talked about 2 hours.... we always do. So funny how one thing brings up another & we finally quit when our ears get sore. We only met once but you'd think we grew up together.

Amy, the 25th is a long way off... hate to wait but not sure I like to be rushed into something like today, either. The nurse didn't ask if I "preferred" any particular day or time... but she would mail me the schedule when she got it worked out." Wasn't quite sure if they were rushing me in before I changed my mind or if they really thought I needed to get this taken care of ASAP. So hope all is okay with Kyle and was just one of those things that day. Is he nervous?  Do you get the feeling that we aren't in control of our lives? 

Jane, hope you can get rested up & slow down. This time of year so much going on with yards & all. I need to adopt a plumber and just got to find a cleaning lady to help me get this house cleaned out. No end of "to-dos"... Take care.

Great news, Jenn, and so glad you popped in so I can go to sleep with that on my mind. I can only imagine what a struggle is must be to keep her spirits up with worrying about "what will happen to her kids if"..... How far is it between where y'all live?  I've forgotten, does she have any other family in the area?  It would be nice to have those grands close enough they could ride their bikes to visit you. Extra prayers when I go to bed, that she still feels good tomorrow.

Sweet dreams to all and God Bless..... Shirley

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Liquid sunshine day here ,so far. We are off to the city to pick up my glasses...I use them for reading and they are just changing out the lenses.

Jane, I would have liked the appointment sooner but you take what you get and be thankful. I am happy to read you did that difficult job of nothing...hope you're able to do more of them .

Jenny, that was so nice to read Michele had a great time out with you and Bob. We do have to put our trust in the Drs  that they know what is best .

Shirley, on the bright side the operation is now.....not leaving you much time to worry and stew about it. Kyle is fine now knowing we do have a date. As we age we seem to lose a lot of control, as the body demands to be taken care of.

Gloria, I hope you have  better day today .

Gloria de, let today be one of easy breathing for you.

Larry, hope you feel a lot better today and can enjoy doing what you like.

Sandy, oh my, not nice to wake up to snow now...please keep it your way. Ours is slowly going  we have about a foot in the back yard, bare ground in part where I snow blew trails for the dogs and to get wood.

Carol, hope you had a good nights sleep last night..

Better get a move on here.

Enjoy your day everyone.
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  The doggies are waiting for the boinger and then breakfast.

Prayers on the way for Shirley.  Please let us know as soon as possible how it all went.  I expect you'll be packing for your June camping trip as soon as the dr. lets you up and about. 

JENNY, it sounds like you and Bob had a lovely time with Michele yesterday and I bet she would be delighted if you lived closer to them.  I'm wondering, too, how far away you are now.

I'm still praying for all who need it and I will continue to do so.

After my "do-nothing" evening and a pretty good night's sleep, I'm feeling much better.  When I'm not hungry, and I'm not sick, I know I'm overtired.  I'm giving some though to cutting my hours at WM and maybe it's past time.

I better get this day started.  Both dogs go to the vet for checkups today and that's going to be fun....NOT!  The only other thing on my agenda for today is the regular stuff and making a meal that I can eat the rest of the week.  I haven't decided what yet but I'm thinking some kind of stir fry. 

Enjoy your day, Everyfriend.  Make it your own in every way!

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. It is bright sun here 54º and calling for high in the 70º range no rain in sight until the weakened. Have a great day. see you later.

Lloyd

CallieOK

Shirley,  Prayers and Good Thoughts winging their way up I-35 to you.

Busy day ahead.   BBL to check in on the rest of you.  :) 

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  We had a stormy and rainy late afternoon and evening yesterday and more rain is in the forecast for today but tomorrow and Thursday are suppose to be nice.  At least it is 86 degrees here yesterday afternoon.  They had to suspend the first practice round at the Master's Tournament yesterday due to the lightning and high winds.  We have the chance of having the same situation again this afternoon and evening.  I had a very good night's sleep last night but am still very tired today so am just going to check in again this morning after reading all the postings. Shirley I am adding you to my prayer list but know you are a lady of strong well and love life so you will be fine and be able to enjoy your life again.

Joy

Good morning.  It is a pretty sunny morning, but won't get up to the 80º that we had yesterday.

I am waiting for my DIL to go to Walmart.   My bank is inside Walmart, so it is convenient.  I need some cash and also will pick up some bread and milk and some fresh fruit.   I had some frozen strawberries that I ate for my breakfast.

Shirley, I am glad that you made the decision to have the procedure in time for you to go camping in June.  Wishing you a real quick recovery.  You are a strong lady, so I am sure everything will go well and you will be "good as new" for a long time.  I know we are just about the same age, but you sure can run circles around me.  I am just getting so lazy, and I know that is something that only I can do anything about,  I am hoping when the weather gets warmer, that it will help to renew my energy.  Hate feeling this way.  Just to easy to not do anything !

Larry, happy to see you here this morning, but sorry that you are still feeling so tired. 

Hope everyone will have a good day.

Joy
BIG BOX

Shirley

Thanks to one & all for the prayers and kind thoughts... 'tis a boost to have y'all think I am a tough bird, but still kine of reeling at this new twist. I really did think I had years before facing this again.

Joy, don't talk about being lazy... I want to go back to sleep so bad this morning but know I have way too much to do before that heart cath & probable stents next week. I've never added any of the kids to my checking accounts & need to talk to a lawyer about the codicil to my will (which Cas & I had made, identical, at least 30 years ago)... Need to get salmon & other cat foods to last for at least a while. Then how about a bathrobe to walk the halls in the hospital??? May only be 2 days but don't want to walk the halls with that fly trap back opening.  :o  For sure they get you up before your brain kicks in to be concerned about how one looks.  :-[ 

Things scheduled for spring (furnace/AC man to take care of the switching (cover off AC & stored) & then the pool guy to come do his thing (cover off & stored) while I push him into doing MY way. He dumps tons of chemicals into that icky water & I choose to dump the water & refill with fresh well water & just add chlorine for the summer), it takes 7 hours to fill at only cost of running pump motor... yard guy is taken care of but the gates to pool area aren't finished yet. I plan to paint them white since the old wood was redwood & we're making the new ones from "treated" wood. Need to make a list. I'm sure glad I didn't promise to boil & dye 10-12 dozen eggs like some years! 

Larry, this is the first time I've had to sign that I do NOT have a DNR on file and that I DO want blood if needed. Nurse explained why both are necessary now. Another first.... I signed to agree to heart cath from both sides, she says it gives a clearer picture. Ever had that?  Told her my kids all know my wishes but guess it's time to put into writing with a lawyer.

We are supposed to be in the 80s again today, that is HOT (I know Gloria feels like I do)... too hot in the sun by nice under a blooming Cleveland pear tree looking down at the trees lining the river, all popping out with new leaves. The tiger lilies now stretch almost the full width of our bank, full shade the entire width (not a single tree on the bank when we moved here a little over 30 years ago). The wisteria from my parents neighbor hangs from the tallest elm tree & bends it down. Bird nests in all the trees. I hear the red winged blackbirds but haven't actually seen them yet. The brown thrush is not back and do hear calls that are different so assume are migrating birds that only stop over for a rest & bite to eat.  Yes, Larry, I do love life and this little speck of earth in particular.

Better get moving. Hugs to all. Shirley

Mary Ann

Shirley, I read what you and others do and plan and I'm ashamed that I do so little.  I mostly compute, only watch TV in the evening, nap some days (sometimes with the cat and other times without).  Even when I was the age of many of you, I still didn't to that much.  I've lived alone for most of the last 50 years but I'm so happy to have Tom here now. 

The sun is shining and it's 55 degrees; a bit higher and I will open the front door and keep it open until late afternoon.  Radar doesn't show it, but I keep hearing that we will have at least one more snow storm. 

My taxes both are submitted; the Federal has been accepted and the State has been mailed in.  I refuse to pay $25 to file for the State, especially when the refund is close to $25 so I won't hear from them until my bank account increases.  My taxes are simple but I find it harder to do each year.  Mostly procrastination.

Hugs for everyone who needs them, even if they don't need them (Dot is the hugger in our family).

Mary Ann

Denver

Happy Tuesday, EVERYFRIEND!  Today is my Daddy's 95th Birthday!  I really wanted to be there with him today, but we can not be in two places at one time, and he understands this and encouraged me to not come back after just having been there, and I will go see him as soon as I can.  Truth is, I thought sure my brother would go down and see him....but he did not🤬🤬

SHIRLEY, I am sorry that you are being forced into doing the surgeries......but it seems they are both necessary and we do want you to be able to get to Colorado to camp with your boys.  I have every trust that you will be coming through this with flying colors....WE KNOW YOU❣️❣️ It always makes me smile when I read that you and Doris have had a nice L O N G chat🤣🤣 Happy to read she is doing well!

JANE, we only live 15 minutes door to door from Dave and Family now.  It is just that the new homes we looked at are about 5 minutes away.  I have to admit that having a nice brand new home would be very nice but we are so comfortable in our home and the thought of a move is frightening.  Unfortunately! Our home needs updates and that is a process that is frightening too.

LARRY, take it easy and rest yourself up for your next good day!  I saw that the practice rounds were cancelled due to weather yesterday and from what I have seen they probably are again today.  We have all kinds of weather alerts for tomorrow here....they are saying it could be another "bomb Cyclone"....yikes!🤬🤬

AMY, glad that Kyle is accepting the date that his MRI is scheduled for. 

JACKIE..... how is the new haircut?  Hope you are enjoying your MS Group right now.

Enjoy your day.

Jenn

🦋 Jenny

Carol

Jenny:  I am glad you are not going to be moving very far - if you do decide.  We have moved so many times, I am dead set on not moving until we need some care.  I used Tidy Maids of Castle Rock and they did a great job and quickly because they use several cleaners working at the same time.  Sorry, do not have the number with me. I am thinking the house will need refreshing when we get home and it takes me so long anymore.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your dad.  I hope he is doing well.  You have too much stress these days - take care of yourself.   

Amy:  When is Kyle's MRI?  Best wishes to both of you.  Is winter finally over for you? 

Shirley:  It is better to get procedures rolling and you won't have time to think about it.  Your blooming flowers sound so lovely.  Buy yourself a super soft bath robe -

Mary Ann: Isn't it interesting that the weather persons are calling these episodes weather bombs?  I remember huge storms from long ago and it looks like they have picked up again this year.  Everything is cyclical. 

JaneS

Hello Everyfriend!  I had a bit more energy today than I had yesterday.  The doggies had their annual checkup at the vet.  I took them both at the same time this year because Mickie is getting worse and worse about being left alone.  They were so good that everyone was commenting on their behavior.

Dr. Crombie asked me what I feed them because they are both so healthy.  They almost 12 and almost 14 and she said anyone who didn't know would think they were half that.  Makes me feel good.  We must be doing something right.

JENNY,  Happy Birthday to your father.  I'm sorry you can't be with him but nice to know he understands.

SHIRLEY, I wish I had your outlook on life.  You see everything in God's light and that's good.  I could almost see the flowers and trees as you described them.  I went back and reread your description just to "see" it again. 

Tomorrow's a work day and I'll be off to bed in a few minutes.  I wish you all a peaceful rest and a happy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!