Random Image

royal fence

Owner: FlaJean
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:31:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for April 15,2019

Started by so_P_bubble, April 15, 2019, 01:51:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joy

Good Easter Sunday morning to all my S & F friends.

Hope everyone will have a wonderful day.  A day with friends and/or family.  Hope it will be a very special day no matter what you plan to do.  Have fun and enjoy your surroundings.

Jackie, it sounds like you are feeling better and I am glad to hear that you had such a nice day.  Each day will get a little bit better, but you will still have some little bumps in the road to get through.  My thoughts and prayers continue for you.

I am trying not to spend too much time on the computer for a while, anyway.

At least, I am making a presence !!  Enjoy the day !!!

Joy
BIG BOX

Shirley

Wishing Every Friend a Blessed Easter and Passover, God Bless

Amy

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Amy

We are staying quiet today...until the pup gets his halo off and leg bandage we will stay home.

Still overcast here but not as much rain as others are getting. It sure is going to be a treat when the sun comes out.

Enjoy your Easter and safe travels for those on the roads.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Happy Easter Sunday Everyfriend!  Make it your own in every way! 

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

mycheal

I've just dropped in to say.
I hope Every friend has a beautiful,
And wonderful Easter Day!
Flowers are blooming everywhere,
Bird songs are in the air.
Spring has unfolded her treasures,
And wants us all to share.
Easter gives hope for tomorrow,
As after the winter came Spring.
Our hearts can be filled with gladness
As hearts rejoice and sing.

Here's wishing you every happiness
the season can bring!
Happy Easter!

Mycheal

Lloyd Hammond

Good morning everyone. it is very sunny and clear 54º @ 705 CST. headed for the 80's and saying may get sever thunder storms after dark most likely after midnight. that would be alright we can use some moisture, as long as we get no damage,is my wish. Have a great day. Amy thanks for the Jacklyn Lawson Link. Hope you have a great day.

Lloyd

CallieOK

Wishing Everyfriend Everywhere a Blessed Easter and Happy Passover

larryhanna

Hi Everyone and HAPPY EASTER.  We have a beautiful Easter morning here but it is a bit cool and we will only see about 70 degrees later today.  Scott and the girls arrived a little before eleven for an early Easter meal with us as Scott has to be at work at 2 pm so will need to leave here around 1 pm.  I am sure the girls will also leave about the same time.  Scott is going to fix the green bean casserole  and the scalloped potatoes, the ham is pre-sliced and Pat will get it arrayed on the plate.  One of the girls will make the ambrosia salad.  After dinner will be time to rest for awhile and and listen to the recording of last weeks Church Service then plan on watching the end of the golf tournament, which is being hold at Hilton Head, SC this week. 

After the rather miserable day on Friday that I spend mainly in bed, yesterday was a great day and I felt much better.  I am hopeful today will be about the same but can already tell it won't be a repeat of yesterday as not quite a peppy this morning. I always dread that time of the year when it is time to renew the Dish contract (every two years) and also see about getting a new promotional rate from Comcast.  I tackled both yesterday with very satisfactory results.  The Dish contract for the next two years gives me the same TV package and they are going to upgrade the Hopper where we will be able to record 500 hours of programming and up to 16 programs at the same time (I can't image why anyone would do that.)  The good news was by agreeing to have a paperless billing and automatic payment my bill will actually be about $4 less a month than I have paid the last two years.  Then the icing on the cake was when I later talked with Comcast I was able to get a promotional plan with the same Internet speed as I have had (25 megs) which is more than sufficient for us they gave me a new rate that saves me $20 a month from what I had paid the last year.  So I was a happy camper and was glad to have those chores out of the way.  I was also able to clear off my desk, which I had let pile up as hadn't felt like tending to it.

Shirley, I have had three different cardiologists tell me I am not a candidate for any more caths (I guess 30 plus is enough) as there are no more places the stents would help.  I have known for many years that I wasn't a candidate for more heart surgery as there is so much scar tissue.  It sounds like Christmas all over for your daughters grand children.  I don't envy the guys having too put together more than one bicycle.  You enjoy life too much and your cats need you to not take care of the critical tricuspid problems. 

Lindancer, glad to see you are content with your situation as that makes your life and those that love you easier. 

Lloyd, saw you were going to have warmer weather today than we are.  Maybe you will sleep through the thunderstorms tonight if they develop in your area.

Amy, I expect you all need a few days with not having to do a lot of running.  More time for your quilting?

Mycheal, did you compose that poem for Easter.  It is a good one.

Mary Ann

Happy Easter to all!  We will go to Holland MI to have dinner with James, Alicia and the twins, which will be fun for all.

Grand Haven looks nice today.  Yesterday there were a few kites and I imagine later today people will be flying them.

Mary Ann

Denver

🐣🥕A BLESSED HAPPY EASTER 🐥🥕
                        🌷 TO EVERYFRIEND 🌹

We are enjoying a beautiful morning.....so very thankful and blessed on this  Easter Day🙏

Rain is predicted to start early this afternoon. So the weather guessers we're saying to get your outside fun done early in the day.  Right now it does not look even threating at all❣️

AMY, thank you for sharing the beautiful Jacquie Lawson  EASTER Card.  I really enjoyed it. Right now we are planning to stay home today also.

MYCHEAL, your Easter Poem is delightful....thank you for sharing. 

LARRY, so good to see your post, and to read that you enjoyed a nice day yesterday.  Happy your family will all be together today.

Enjoy this BLESSED DAY.

EDIT:::::
Son Dave just called and Michele really wants us to share dinner with them today, so OF COURSE we are going to go.  I wanted to fix a Easter Meal for them, but Dave would not hear of it....he never wants me to have to do things and he is so appreciative of any thing we do help out with. I have to admit this phone call made my day.

JENN
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Lindancer

HAPPY EASTER TO EVERYONE
Larry, with me every other day seem like a good day.  My neighbor sent over my Easter dinner.  Weekends I am on my own. So neighbors are popping in. Thank you Lord

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

JaneS

Today was a special day!  It's Easter!  I spent part of it with my son, DIL and Kiran!  I went to church and such a happy service!  I brought home enough food for my dinner tomorrow.  All I was required to make was a pan of scalloped potatoes and they kept most of the (at my urging) because I know how much they like them. 

I spent time with the doggies and I had my nap.

Now the doggies are going out one more time and we're off to bed!  I wish you all a peaceful sleep and a happy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

P.S.  JENNY, I was so happy to hear that Michele felt well enough to want to celebrate.  She is one special lady!

JaneS

Back later to see what ya'll are up to!  We're waiting for the boinger!

Amy

Good morning everyone.
Looks as though it may be clearing up. Today is chasing dust bunnies, the chocolate bunnies have eluded me :) We need to take garbage away to the dump and then home to try and get this quilt ready to go by Thur.
Mycheal, thank you for sharing your beautiful poem.

Enjoy your day everyone.
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Thanks for the reminder, AMY.

MYCHEAL, I forgot to say that I enjoyed your poem, too.  And I knew you wrote it because you used my (invented) word "everyfriend".  Of course, I did notice that you separated it to make it good English but it was still the same.  And it was entirely  lovely.  Thank you!

I'm off to get ready to greet my public at WM!  Have a great day, Everyfriend.  It's yours to make special!

Gloria

Good morning everyone.  Hope everyone had a great Easter. Started rainy here but late afternoon it got sunny, in between mostly cloudy but had a great time at my son's home. My grandson hid eggs for my great grand and that was fun to watch. Dinner was wonderful, my DIL is a good cook. Of course my back acted up, to much sitting and had to ask my son to take me home way too early but at least I waited till they had coffee and desert, I passed on that. Will be glad when my CNA gets here later and gives me a back massage. That will help a lot..

AMY  I can imagine my great grand coming up with those bunny jokes in another year or so.

LARRY  just a short hello from you makes us feel better. I know I have days when I just cannot sit here and do that and I feel bad about it.

SHIRLEY  there was a time I think we all had a houseful of people for every holiday but now I know I get tired just being in a big group with all the noise. Just one active almost 4 year old yesterday and watching him tired me. Wonder if that is a sign of old age or being a cranky old woman.

BUBBLE  I will have to hunt the Christmas tree one but the one Bunnie did I printed and have in a frame. I often wish the names were on them because I cannot remember the name of some of them.

LLOYD  remember that Bunnie was called the picture lady?  She wanted all of us to have our photo in out files so we could see what we all looked like. She would also post photos we sent her for us. Something that now Bubble does. I do admire people who are so helpful.

GLORIA  de  there is a man here who now has hospice. His wife  lives here, too, and is blind, has a seeing eye dog and a few people who live here help a bit. Both nice people.

JENNY  glad the Michele felt well enough to want you there for Easter.

JANE  I love home made scalloped potatoes. My son would bring a meal upstairs for me with scalloped potatoes from a package and to me it was like eating glue. After the first bite I would throw them away. He always did most of the coo‌king and still does. My other DIL is a good cook and now that her and my son are both retired he helps with the coo‌king. He retired a few months before her and would have supper waiting for her when she got home. I have had some of the meals he made and he is a good cook, too.

AMY  I woke to sunshine but cloudy now and rain coming later, Loo like rain most every day this week.

Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  We are in for several days of sunny and warmer weather with highs in most days in the 80's.  Rain isn't forecast until Friday although things can change in a few days down this way.  We had a nice Easter dinner.  The kids got here around 11 and pitched in an fixed the dinner.  Pat put the hams in the Instant Pot with a glaze on them and the meat turned out very tasty.  She had about 7 pounds of ham in two sliced pieces and rather than hours in the oven it took maybe 25 minutes in the Instant Pot.  We were able to eat in time that Scott could leave at 1 pm and the girls left shortly thereafter and we sort of collapsed for the rest of the day.  Today Pat has our housekeeper back to help with some things like taking the dishes out of the China Cabinet and washing them and I don't know what else she has on the list.  These are things the housekeeper doesn't have time for in her normal cleaning visits.  I plan a nice quiet day today with some extra rest as not as peppy as the last couple of days but I did empty the dishwasher for Pat and put here breakfast tray together so things are on schedule.

I have read all of the postings since I last posted yesterday and think I will just check in this morning as most of what I would probably say has already been said by others.

CallieOK

Merry Monday,

One son and dil were here when I got home from church.  Other son/dil and grandson/girlfriend arrived shortly thereafter.

I'd made 'my' chocolate dessert and a strawberry dump cake.  Was surprised when there wasn't a spoonful of the dump cake left - but most of the chocolate dessert.  Maybe this means I can change my "usual".  Hooray!  :) :)

I mentioned that I'd like to have help planting pots on patio and planters in yard as my Mother's Day present - "any time between now and then".
Before I knew it,  the two dils and girlfriend had discussed choices, made a list and planned a mutually convenient day this very week to take me to get the plants - and for husbands to join them (us) next weekend to get everything in.  (Grandson/girlfriend won't be here because they have school obligations but Miss Emily will be here for a 2 week break between terms.)

The guys cleaned up the kitchen while we were doing this!

I'm so grateful to be blessed with this kind of family!

Plan du Jour is laundry and organize the left-overs that were put in my fridge.

Wishing Everyfriend Everywhere an Enjoyable Day.

Lloyd Hammond

first off I will have to get someone to tell me how to get my picture here.
also have to get someone to take my picture and hope it doesn't break the creamer. we went and got some magnet mounted tail lights and wire Harenice for the van tail lights so we would not mes up the computer in the Van. that is supposed to be the best. have a good rest of the day.

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

well good morning everyone. well everyone must be having laze days Or my computer is one, I no see post since I was here yesterday. oh well have a great day anyway. we went to KC MO. yesterday and got magnetic lights to plug in on the RV and put on back of van to signal traffic behind us to what we are going to do. have a great day.

Lloyd

JaneS

WOOOO!!!  Where is everyfriend?  No one visited the Soda Shoppe since yesterday suppertime!

I slept away most of last night.  I was so tired I couldn't think straight.  And all the crooked thoughts were crazy.  So I closed my eyes.

And today doesn't look like it's going to be much better.  First off, I dumped a quart of yogurt on the front inside of the fridge, the floor and my clean bedroom slippers.  I dislike cleaning that stuff anyway and I had to do it first thing this morning.  I can hear all of you laughing and that's alright.  Everyone needs something to laugh at first thing in the morning!  But when you're finished laughing, please say a little prayer that things will get better.

One good thing did happen yesterday.  The yard guy that I like called me back and he's going to start his part of the yard project next week.  He's also going to take over the mowing when my SIL has surgery on his right elbow next month.  So I won't be having grass and weeds up the gazoo!

I wish you all a better start to your day than I had and a good continuance.

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Lloyd, here I am..have been letting the dogs in and out now I am getting my tea!
We are to get more rain today,goodness knows what the flooding will be like. We are fine here but not so sure of others in the town.
[/color

Making this short for now  as I need to get ready and head into town for a few things.

Enjoy your day everyone.]
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Forgot to say....

God has created a new day,
Silver and green and gold....

It's beautiful out there.  Amy, I'm sorry you have so much rain and that flooding is imminent. 

phyllis

I'll just do a quick check-in.  My washer died yesterday and, of course, with a load of clothes in it that had to be hand wrung and put in the dryer.  So, I'm off and running today to find a new washer/dryer that can be delivered and installed.....SOON.  I've been expecting it to happen since the current washer/dryer set is somewhere between 28 and 30 years old.  But, isn't it always something?!
phyllis
Cary,NC

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  Another beautiful morning here.  This is the day I have sort of been dreading as have to get out and go to the hospital testing area for the ultra sound and then have some blood drawn for tests ordered by the doctor.  Scott is taking me and just texted me saying he was up and would be here shortly.  I have read all of the postings but am just going to have to check in today.

Gloria

Good morning everyone, raining again here. About now I am ready t o live in a dry desert  to get away from humidity and dampness.

CALLIE  with my CNA's help I made a dump cake and she had never heard of them before. Easy to make and good tasting.

JANE  hope the rest of the day improves for you.

AMY with all this rain I am surprised we haven't  had any flooding, maybe because it has not been continuous downpours.

PHYLLIS new washer/dryer will not last as long as your old one. Things are not made to last long anymore it seems.

LARRY  prayers every thing goes good today.

Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Joy

Good morning.  A pretty sunny morning here and supposed to go up to 80º later today.

I did not make it in here yesterday.  Just got busy and forgot.   I am trying to  limit my computer time for a  little while.

I did have a nice Easter Sunday.  My son had a delicious dinner and even got a doggie bag for my dinner last night.

It was a nice day, after the weatherman's prediction of showers.  Didn't happen where I  was.  It was a little chilly, but we still were able to eat out on their deck.  My son has these big tall propane heaters and it was very comfortable.  Lots of good food and good company.

Nothing special going on today, except for my card game tonight.  Just have to get moving a little bit. 

Larry, good luck with your hospital appointment.   Hope everything will go well and you will not wear you out too much. Good that Scott is able to take you.

Gloria, sorry your area is having so much rain.  My grand daughter, in Connecticut, told me that they had a rainy Easter.  The couldn't do much outside.  I am afraid that the whole east coast is in for a rainy summer.   Your dump cake sounds so good.

Jane,  I sympathize with your yogurt accident this morning.  I have been having so many spills like that lately.  My fingers don't work real well anymore and sometimes, I try to rush too much and wind up with the same kind of accident.  Not fun when you have to stop and clean up the mess.   I have trouble bending over, so I have found that I can do a pretty good job using a bunch of paper towels and my grabber-tool. 

Callie,  that will be a nice Mother's Day gift from your family.  That kind of a helping-hand gift is so much better than anything they could do for you. 

Hope everyone will have a great day.

Joy
BIG BOX

JaneS

JOY, the worst part of cleaning up the yogurt was that both dogs offered to help with their tongues.  Keeping them out of it and cleaning it up took about 6 hands and a good body block!

Mary Ann

Jane, dogs can be so helpful in situations like that.  When we had a dog (a lonnnggg time ago), we'd call her to clean up many of our food droppings.  She did a good job.

That makes me think - my grandmother lived with us when we had the dog and after a meal, especially meat and gravy, we'd let the dog lick the plate.  Grandma was horrified.  We didn't have a dishwasher in those days, but we did wash the dishes in hot water and we rinsed them with scalding water.  No one got sick, so I think we did OK.  Things were a lot different in the "good old days".

Mary Ann