Random Image

Winter 9.JPG

Owner: donklan
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:05:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for July 15, 2019

Started by so_P_bubble, July 15, 2019, 12:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amy

Good morning everyone..
Looks like we did get a bit of rain overnight  :thumbup: THat will make the garden and flowers  :)

A day of rest here .....not sure what is going to be .yet.

Jane ,I will only do corn now in the IP so easy and no carrying hot pot of water and it tastes so much better. How did your custard turn out?  Noticed flowers ready to open on the pumpkin vine....I am really excited to see the fruit of the plant!!

Enjoy your day everyone.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

WOW!! This place was dead last night!  I was last in at about 6:20!  I hope you were all celebrating something!  I was sleeping off and on all evening then I went to bed early and slept very well. 

I'll be off to another church visit this morning then home to do some "whatevers".  It's too hot to plan so I'll just do what I feel like doing!  You all do the same!

[/Edit:  There's AMY.. I thought I commented on the custard.  It set up fine in the fridge but someone's been eating it like crazy and it's about half gone already.  I've made myself a promise that I'll do at least one thing a week in the IP and I'm already breaking that rule because I think I'll be doing the second thing this week today.  Of course, that depends on when you count that the week begins.  If it begins on Sunday, I'll be doing my one thing for this week today.  b]

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Shirley

A Super Sunday to all.... Cats fed & now my turn. Better get moving, going to a hot one here but right this instant it is nice with the door open. Need to be ready to pull out of the garage in one hour so better get a move on. A cardinal is singing right outside the door, love to hear the birds.

In case some of you don't make it over to Photos, a nice pic of Pat & Paul that Beverly posted, along with the news that Paul has died. Aren't we lucky/fortunate to have been able to meet so many really great people because of the internet & this place?  Hugs to all.  Shirley

And here's the 2 early birds, Amy & Jane!  :hello:

Lloyd Hammond

good Morning everyone. well the whether guesser is Lying again here, he / she say's  sunny and 69º No sun in sight here, also calling for 89º here today. for my part they can leave that heat out. Have a grate day and stay comfey.

Lloyd

roley

Believe it or not !. This was once my School ! in the 1940's....
This was once a 'Common' and  used for Farming and Grazing animals, Fox Hunting, Rabbiting etc, very few trees there in my day !, the whole area has been turned into a small village community now and to buy a 'Flat/Apartment there now will cost you an ARM and a LEG !, at least !.
While there, my Dormitory was on the top floor to the left of the large window in the centre building (Our Dining Hall, in those days), the Windmill was 'Camouflaged' but, aircraft still used the 'Windmill' as a Rallying point' and German fighters would often machine gun the surrounding area, we had to Hit the Dirt many many times then !, Canadian troop's were stationed around here and we used to 'scrounge' ciggies off them, hide away in the bushes for a crafty 'Drag' (smoke) !, now, as you can see, it is all trees ! and it's history long  forgotten.  Hope you enjoy looking at my School Boy Days Memories.
                                  Cheers.  Roley

CLICK HERE...

Gloria

Good morning everyone, warmer this morning, 70° now and going up and the humidity with it. I watched 2 John Wayne movies yesterday, McClintock with Maureen O'Hara, still enjoy that one no matter how many times I have seen it and the other was Tall in the Saddle a b/w one with a very young John Wayne. Last night couldn't find anything on TV that interested me so went to YouTube and watched Little General with a young Shirley Temple. I think that was the only time I saw Lionel walking. His later movies he was always in a wheel chair. Dull day here yesterday. My son did come in the morning and I always enjoy his visits. In the afternoon no one was around here either out on the porch or in the lobby.

AMY  when we had our house we had a couple of old milk cans, I would have them under the drainpipes to catch rain water and use that water to water my house plants, in those days I had a lot of plants, now I only have 5. My daughter does that now when they do get rain, that or she will put her plants on the porch when it rains. They always seemed to perk up with the rainwater.

LLOYD  at 80° I get uncomfortable and when it gets higher into the 80'a I live with the AC.

MARY ANN  seems like too many years since I felt bright eyed and bush tailed.

JANE  hope you enjoyed your Mustard and Custard day yesterday and got both made and enjoyed. Every time I don't feel like getting dressed and staying in my jammies and robe don't you know someone comes. That always makes me feel lazy when that happens.

SHIRLEY  hope you got more sleep yesterday. I have done that before. Even after posting here, having breakfast, just laid on the bed and fell asleep for a few hours.

PHYLLIS  Last time I made a banana bread it was heavy, too, and I threw it away. Then looking at my sister's recipe I saw that I did not do things in the order they were supposed to be done. That never happened before. Old age making me careless?

SANDY  so true, no matter what happens life goes on. Thank you.

JANE  last night my older son called as asked if I would like some zucchini bread. I asked if my DIL made one like last year with lemon in it and he said she didn't make it HE did. He has turned into a good cook since he retired, now a baker, too. Younger son is the cook in his family and he is a good cook. Like you I love coconut custard.

LLOYD  your phone/cable service is really giving you a hard time. You pat them for service they are not giving too good right now.

ROLEY/PETER  beautiful area. How mice that you have memories of how it used to be.

Have a good day everyone.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Joy

Good morning.  I am just making an appearance right now.

The sleeping pill did not work last night. I was still awake almost until 5 a.m.  Was reading and even got something to eat. Finally put the light out and did finally fall asleep.  Didn't wake up until after 8.  I wanted to get some laundry started early, but that won't happen now. It will take me a while to finally get myself motivated.

I just wanted to say Good Morning, and I will try to get back later.

Have a great Sunday.

Joy
BIG BOX

Mary Ann

MESSAGE ABOUT LARRY -

Larry Hanna <larryhanna99@gmail.com>
To:Mary Ann Tock
Jul 28 at 9:26 AM
This is Scott, Larry's son. It brings great sorrow to inform you that my father is very ill and is not expected to last much longer. The Hospice nurse said he should make it though the night but beyond that she could not say. I apologize for starting your day like this.  My father asked me on Wednesday to stop all visitors , except his hospice nurses and aid. I will be contacting all of my fathers contacts (quite a job indeed) when he reaches his final destination. As we all know...heaven.

Amy

Mary Ann, that is such sad news. I think we expected this but prayed for a miracle to turn things around. We all know he will be in Gods hands now. Thank you for letting us know.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Denver

A good Sunday HELLO to EVERYFRIEND 🦋🦋

I am sorry to say that I have been so busy with the family that I have not been on my iPad one time since arriving in Boston. I have HOWEVER thought about you all every day and hoped that everyone is doing well.

I am very sad to read that LARRY is not doing well and may not be expected to make it through the day.  I learned this news from Larry's Son Scott.  I just arrived home from church, and had said some extra special prayer for Larry, so it really hit me hard when I read the news.  I could not help the tears from falling.  Our group is Family🦋🦋🦋

Dr. Dave arrived Friday afternoon and we all had such a wonderful time together, even though it was a short time.  He and the two Colorado grands left for Colorado at six AM this morning....and are home safely with Michele now.  We wish she could have come to Boston also, but she just does not feel well enough for that right now😢

I must go, but know that I will be back to read the posts when ever I can. 

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

JaneS

OOOOOh! I almost wish I hadn't come in to read.  I also said prayers for LARRY and his family and like all of you, I was hoping for a miracle!  We all know that God is waiting to welcome him home.  There's no doubt in anyone's mind of that.  Our love will go with him.  And our sympathy for his family will be there, too.

JENNY, my tears are flowing, too!

Shirley

Like the rest of you, Larry & family in my prayers this morning, only I asked God to give him peace, no recommendations because I know God knows best.... just that Larry had peace of mind. I am sure he has not liked being helpless.  It truly is a sad day for all of us, hearing about Paul brings Pat close to mind. A day for remembering. Thank you, Mary Ann, for sharing the news. My prayers & thoughts continue for all of them.

Peter, I did enjoy watching the link you posted of your childhood. During the war we were reminded all the time about how "the children in England, France & other countries" were having to hide from bombs. My brother flew out of England on his missions over Germany. I don't know which base but my brother that was in the Navy knows. Have you ever written down what "one day of life during WWII" was for you?  Food was rationed, leather/shoes rationed, sugar & other foods here in the US. When we lived in England in 1954 (Dec) to '57, coal was rationed as well as "petrol" /gasoline, and it went sky high during the Suez Crisis. Anyway, thanks for the link, you've brought back memories of those days from MY view as well.

Joy

Well,  like a bad penny, I am showing up this afternoon.

I was able to get 3 loads of laundry done and I had the whole laundry room to myself. That was nice. Everything is folded and in piles to be put in the drawers or closet.

I had just read the same message over in the "Bait Shop" before coming here.  And, I am just so sad.  However, hope he is free from pain and comfortable.  He is truly a very strong and courageous Christian gentleman and he will be sorely missed. I think we all should feel grateful just to have called him a friend.

It is a pretty sunny afternoon, and I am sure it is quite warm.  I have not been out. 

Hope everyone has had a nice day.

Joy
BIG BOX

CallieOK

I was so sad to read about Larry - although it wasn't unexpected.  I pray he will slip away peacefully to be at rest. May his family be blessed with wonderful memories of a life well lived.

We will also have special memories of Larry's participation on these forums.  He will surely be missed.

Church and OTL with friends today.
Yesterday, I did laundry and....all the socks matched!!!!   :thumbup: 
Makes for a Good Weekend all the way 'round.  ;D   

Mary Ann

It has already been announced that Larry died a short time ago. 

Jackie posted a message from Marilyn  in Norm's Bait & Tackle.  Scott's message to me was that he had died about an hour before.

Mary Ann

Amy

Mary Ann, again thank you. Larry has gone home  now. We will all have another special angel looking out for us..Thank you, to Pat and Scott for sharing your husband /Dad with us. Condolences to the family.
Jimmy Dean

Joy

I am so sorry to read the newest message from Scott.  Even tho it was expected, it is still a sad day. 

Sending my sincerest sympathy to Pat, Scott and the rest of Larry's family.   He will be missed.

Joy
[/b]
BIG BOX

CallieOK

Thanks for the update, Mary Ann.

JaneS

Thank you MARY ANN and my prayers for peace in the hearts of Pat and Scott whose loss is great!  I've had an uneasy feeling all day and now I know why!

Shirley

If anyone plans to copy & paste all of our sympathy messages for Pat & Scott, I'd also like to thank the Hospice people that cared for him. They gave him comfort mentally and physically. He was so generous with his time this past few months, explaining every step of how to die gracefully, we owe him. Nobody has ever been as willing to share this final step. I am sad he didn't get to enjoy his "man cave" very long, but thanks to his family for being so considerate to know how important it was in helping take his mind off the little time he had left. He made a lasting impression on a lot of us and will be remembered as a special person for as long as we live. God Bless the Hanna Family. Sincerely, Shirley (in Kansas)

Mary Ann

Shirley, this is off the top of my head, not too well thought out - yet - but if we could create a special folder where messages could be written, then we could let Scott know about it and he could go there to read them.  OR messages could be left on Larry's name (probably better as Scott is not in S&F) because Scott has been sending messages from that name.  Just an idea and no work for anyone. 

I sent a message to Bubble, but it's the middle of the night for her so she probably doesn't know yet.  I think she would be the one to establish a new folder - if that's the way to go.  There could be a folder already to go, but I don't know about any.

Mary Ann

CallieOK

Mary Ann,  I may be wrong but I think anyone (a/k/a "The Public) can read any of these posts.  They just can't post unless they're registered. 
You might ask Tom to try accessing the Seniors & Friends web site and clicking on "Forums" to see if he can read the posts in a Folder without signing in.

Mary Ann

Callie, I think you're right.  There is a Guest feature.  I do think if messages could all be put in the same folder, it would be easier for Scott.  He already has access to Larry's name.

Mary Ann

Lloyd Hammond

well Like all the rest of you I/we are greatly saddened to here the loss of our dear friend Larry Hanna. we had Plans to stop by and see hem on our next R V travel. seams to the story of my life a day late and $$$$ short. as has already said I know he is good Hands now with our Lord God. Scott we are with you in your Loss. at least it is in god's order not like with Nancy and I loss of son before us. Lloyd Hammond

so_P_bubble

roley

Larry. A stranger to me but for the wonders of this computer and emails, we only spoke a couple of times but, his cheerfulness and friendliness was so obvious it made those meetings a pleasure to experience, so I would just like to say, Cheerio Larry, a Gentleman, Rest Well My Friend, until we meet again.
                                              Roley.

Amy

Good morning everyone.

A bright sunny day here with no rain or storm that was called for.
Need to wash floors and take the garbage away today. Then just chores about the house. I have patterns and recipes that need to be put into folders then binders too.

Prayers for Larry's family to get through this painful time.

Enjoy your day everyone.
Jimmy Dean

roley

SHIRLEY. A 'P M' on it's way to you.  :thumbup:  ROLEY.

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone.It is 73º and cloudy here they are saying sunny in Kc so maybe we will get some later today. in past years I have seen the sun shining at our house and 1/4th mile up the road pouring down rain.mother nature dose pretty well what she wants. a common saying here is if you do not like the weather here weight a short while we may have what you like. Have a great day.

Lloyd

phyllis

The loss of a friend always is so sad and that is especially true of Larry.  He was always kind, courteous, and friendly to all of us who had the pleasure of chatting with him here in S&F.  The way he dealt with his health difficulties and end-of-life issues was truly an inspiration to me.

I fixed our entire dinner in the IP yesterday.  Pork  chops w. gravy, fresh green beans, corn on the cob and a sweet to finish the meal of applesauce made two days ago in the IP.  I was relieved that everything came out very good after my complete failure with the Banana Bread of a few days ago. 

Just another normal Monday here.  Will do some laundry and try to stay cool.  The heat is coming back.  I don't want to "wish my life away" but I am more than ready for this summer to be over.
phyllis
Cary,NC