Random Image

JaneS

Owner: Jeanne Lee
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:33:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for August 15, 2019

Started by so_P_bubble, August 15, 2019, 12:00:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shirley

Jane, it was Walmart where I bought the bread this week... at 88¢, but will look closer next time to see if the 67¢ is here in Kansas!  Would you believe that even the fish are picky?  They like white bread much better than any wheat. I kind of thought it might be because they can see it better in that muddy water. The carp will even come onto the land to grab a bite, & wiggle their body backwards into the water...but they don't hang around when the big catfish are jumping & splashing. Gloria, I tried to get photos but can't operate a camera & throw bread at the same time. They are a little skittish when they see 2 people (like me & a son) standing there, but will still eat as long as I talk to them.

One of the neighbors fishes, tells me he throws them back, but not sure I believe him. I just wish he'd clear off his own space behind his house! I haven't seen his foot prints down there for quite a while, since I noticed someone had slipped & nearly went into the water... (footprints in the sand)... during high water. The bank is just sand & water fast so it cuts under the top layer of sand & can flip someone right into the current if not careful. Not sure what kind of critters have their underground tunnels all through the sand, maybe muskrats, I have seen them swimming along the edge. I enjoy the wildlife but don't want them to depend on my feeding to keep them alive, do think they are getting fatter because of it. I don't know what fish live on in the rivers????  One of these days I'll go across to the other side & take pics to show you what it looked like 30+ years ago when we first moved here & now, with trees along the river that hide my house from view.

So that's my world, not everyone's choice but "I'm a little bit country......"  Remember Joan's eyes rolling when I talked about camping & the woods??... ;)

JaneS

SHIRLEY, the bread is Great Value brand (WalMart's own brand).  Might be it's priced differently in different parts of the country.

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Sandy

Good Evening Everyone...
I just finished watching
Rory win the FedEx Golf Championship.
It was a good day especially for him..
to the tune of $15 million dollars..

I was in the wrong business! 
 :knuppel2:  :uglystupid2:
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Lloyd Hammond

Lloyd and Nancy arrived here safely today.

Jane, we missed you on the way out here, but we'll catch on the way back.

Lloyd

Denver

A good Sunday afternoon HELLO to EVERYFRIEND💐

We have been enjoying a very lazy weekend.....and it sure has been nice.  Last week was a go go all the time and I think we just needed some down time. 

We brought Luke, Dave and Michele's youngest son and their doggie home Friday night after dinner and picking Kate up from dance.  Dave took Matt and a friend to Vail for the weekend, part of Matt's Birthday celebrations.  Michele and Kate had a dance party to attend yesterday.  Michele was able to take her and did pretty well.  Dave picked them up about noon today. 

SHIRLEY, I would love to see a picture of your place from the other side of the river.  Hope you can do that soon.

Good for you, JANE, making it to church.  Scollop potatoes and meatloaf sounds good to me.....so might just get the fixings for that to fix this week. 

GLORIA, cooler weather is a nice treat.  We have had pretty hot days in the mid to upper 90's, but for the most part it cool off enough at night to open up the house after dark. 

Good to read your appointments went well JOY.  I hope the results will be good for you.  Yes, these days it seemed we ALL are staring at our devices! 

It makes me sad to think that you said good morning and then good night JANE, and no other posts for the day.  I know I always think about you all, but sometimes I am just too tuckered out to get a post started......sorry to say.  I truly have tried to think of someone that might be a good person to invite to join us, but so far no one has come to mind.  I just wish we could get some of our past SN posters to come join in again.  I sure miss many of our friends that are no longer with us, as many of you do.  A few of you have had a friend stop in, but they never seem to come back and join in😩.  I guess it is not for everyone. 

SANDY, I just love seeing the pictures of that sweet great-Granddaughter of yours.....she is such a cutie.  Did you see the people that were hit by lightening yesterday at the PGA Tournament?  How frightening! 

So good to see LLOYD and Nancy are on the road! 

It is time to start some dinner.  I wish you all a good evening. 

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Amy

Gosh time flies!!! I have been busy doing gardening ,jams and pickles and trying to put an end to a quilt. One more border and then find a backing and it is off to the longarm.  Then I can move onto Camp quilts as I have been putting aside different wild coloured fabrics that I think are just right for skateboard quilts.

Gloria, I would love this weather till the snow falls. At night I listen to the geese flying  training their young and the loons calling across the lakes. Makes for beautiful music to sleep by..

Jenny, good to see that Michelle feels well enough to join in  the party.

Shirley, I think you have as much fun feeding your fish as I do the birds here...but I need to train crow that 5:30 am is not breakfast time. I understand about being country...no way am I a city girl.....love the country.

Sandy, I think we were all in the wrong business.....wow that is a lot of money!

Phyliss, hope you are ok?

Dog are ready to come back in...pup now barks when he wants in. Who has whom trained?

Enjoy your evening everyone.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Amy

Good morning everyone...

Hmmm, now I am talking to myself :)

Going to take hubby to get his feet done then this afternoon I will take the van back in to get the part replaced that is acting up. The mechanic gave this part a whack with the hammer and it has behaved ever since but not trusting how long it will behave it will get replaced.

I had this sent to me and can't believe what this young man has done, he sure is amazing and has the right attitude on life now!

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=man+with+no+arms+or+legs&&view=detail&mid=AE7A8D66CBF109FFB1D5AE7A8D66CBF109FFB1D5&&FORM=VDRVRV

Better get ready to meet the day..

Enjoy your day everyone.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Sandy

Good Morning from the cool and
clear rocky coast of Maine,,, I
am actually cold this morning..as
it sometimes get here in Maine
at the end of August. 
REFRESHING  :thumbup:

I didn't see it when the lightening
struck the golf course,  as I had
turned on something during the
wait for play to start up again. 

The way that everyone got off the
course so fast,  I should have
realize that trouble was on its way... 

That is very scary IMHO..  but every
one seems to be OK.

Have a good week everyone!! 
Sandy
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  And a special "Good Morning" to you, AMY.  We don't want you talking to yourself so here I am!

Today is a WM day so I have to keep moving or I won't get there on time.  After I'm ready, the doggies will need to go for a walk.  We've kind of developed that habit!  It's amazing how little time it takes them to get used to something new.

JENNY, the meatloaf and scalloped potatoes were/are delicious.  I have enough for several more meals.  I'm going to make up a couple meals and freeze them for later.  You can't make just "little" meatloaf! 

I wish you all a lovely day!
Make it your own in every way!

Gloria

Good morning everyone, boy did I sleep good last night, It is now almost 10 am and just getting here with my first cup of coffee. Temperature now is just 54°. Is it any wonder I slept so good?

JANE  your talking about that first tomato for your daughter reminds me of the time I had a small garden where I lived before moving to my son's house. I has a tomato getting ripe and kept watching it. The day came I knew it was ready to pick and all the way home from work I could just imagine tasting it. Got home and it was gone. I asked the old man in back of me if he saw who took it he said he picked it to give to a friend. I blew my top and he never stopped saying he was sorry he didn't know how much I was loo‌king forward to it  and would never pick anymore. I felt bad when I coo off, that man was in his 80's and I late 40's. Nobody steals MY TOMATOES. :)

SHIRLEY  where I live in this small town is close enough to the wilderness these days and much better than living in a city.

JENNY  when it is in the 90's and humid here the nights do not cool off much and there is never a breeze either at night. I remember MARE telling me this site was to complicated for her so dropped out. In the beginning it took some getting used to.

AMY what I miss hearing at night are Whippoorwills. Hear no birds here, parking lot on this side and no birds, in the back there are trees but I don't go back there. Will check your link later.

Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Shirley

Amy, if that link you posted doesn't make people think, nothing will!  What an inspiration and attitude. His parents can be very proud of him as well as their wonderful raising of such a special person. When my last baby was on the way (born 5/63) my doctor wanted me to take the oral polio med but I refused. The news had just come out about the babies born with no arms & legs because the mothers had taken Thalidomide.... my doctor couldn't promise enough testing on pregnant women that the oral polio meds wouldn't have the same effect. I did a quick search and see not many of those babies are still living. Thanks for the link and reminder of how much each of us have instead of "have not". 

Steamy out today, AC not on but humidity is over the top, may have to turn down the numbers. Need to get a couple of loads of laundry done, been washing up some of the freezer tubs I hadn't used for a while. Washed pitcher & changed Brita filter, the kind of puttering that makes you "tired & can't see a thing I've gotten done!" 

Gloria, I can imagine your wrath that someone gave away your only tomato! I had a huge pot with one tomato plant, (most expensive tomatos in the world).. and as the first turned red some worms found it & didn't leave one spot for me to claim. I nearly pulled my arm out of it's socket throwing the remains toward the river!  :tissue:  :angry2:  :sealedlips:

Lloyd Hammond

well we are at the kinfolks. and got the RV in the shop to get the light problem fixed. we plan on going to heresies tomorrow and loading up on good chocklet candy for my sweet teeth. have a great rest of the day. see you all later.

Lloyd

Amy

Poof went the day. I got a lovely surprise at the garage when the bill came to $40.00 less than they had estimated.  Came home and picked more beans, did a bit of sewing and now I am going to put my feet up.

Shirley, I had to watch that twice. What an amazing young man with a terrific outlook on life. His parents must be so proud of him.

Gloria, we don't have Whippoorwills here, think they used to be but not now. Last night I had 9 mourning doves at the feed.

Lloyd, please don't drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!! Hersey Dark chocolate is my downfall.

Joy and Phyliss hope you both are alright.

Enjoy your evening everyone.
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

I'm here to bid you all GOOD NIGHT!  I don't want AMY to get up tomorrow and be talking to herself so I'll say a special "good night" to AMY!

Tomorrow will be a busy day.  I have a meeting in the morning and then I'm planning to go to the movie in the afternoon with a couple of friends.  Might be, I'll cancel out on the movie so I can get the meatballs made and frozen.  I really want to make spaghetti sauce soon.  I don't think I've ever been completely out of my own home made sauce. 

I wish you all a peaceful night and a happy tomorrow!  And may God bless us, every one!

Amy

Good morning everyone.
Nice cool morning herd with a temp of 50° F and I am listening to the loons call on the lake.
We are off in a bit to the city, I get blood work done and hubby gets his hearing aids looked at.

Jane, thank you.  We had spaghetti last night for supper, done in the IP.

Better get a move on here.

Enjoy your day everyone.
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  It's dark so mch later these days!  This morning we got up at six and it was still dark out there.  I think the seasons are changing.  They always creep up on me.

The doggies and I are waiting for the boinger and today I have to remember to call the vet and see if there's anything to do for Annie's itchies.  She can't reach to scratch and I guess that's a blessing because she can't hurt herself but she does get annoyed and her foot goes as if she's scratching.  I have a homemade remedy that I've bee putting on her behind but it's not working as well as I hoped.

Make it your own in every way!

Gloria

Good morning everyone, first I want to thank Amy for the link yesterday. I watched it late yesterday and what a wonderful man he is with a God given outlook on life. I remember when so many babies were born with deformities like that from a med they were giving pregnant women. My DIL had morning sickness from the beginning and refused to take anything for it. I saved the link to share with others and I know she will watch it and thank God she never took it. 60° a bit after 8:am so it did get into the 50's during the early morning

Shirley Like you that link Amy posted touched me and I bet everyone who watched it. For someone who lives for that first tomato of the season and see it disappear is heart breaking. Your went because of nature but mine went because an old man wanted to show off for a friend. At least I gave him a piece of my mind and I can imagine you cursing those worms. This year my daughter had birds get her first one.

LLOYD  glad you check in here so we don't send out a sear ch team for  you. When you take a bite of the Hershey chocolate think of me. My downfall is like it too much.

AMY  goodness how many rows of beans did  you plant? Wish  my son would plant the yellow butter beans, like them better but getting so they don't even have them in the farmers markets here anymore.

JANE  so many I have heard say they by jars of spaghetti sauce and doctor it up and is better than home made. Makes me wonder what they have for taste buds. They cannot fool me because there is something about the taste and texture of the bought stuff that it terrible.

One of these days I will leave the shades up in the afternoon because the sun will feel good, Now as soon as the sun hits my windows the shades come down so really have no noticed how early it is getting dark and it always light when I wake up.

PHYLLIS  JOY  MARY ANN hope you are  OK. Miss you

Joy

Good morning, Jane, Amy and Gloria.

I am doing ok.  I just got busy yesterday and the day got away from me.  I am feeling a lot better and finally feel like getting some things accomplished that I was too tired to do before,  Plus I got a grocery order and had that to put away, I had ordered some steamed shrimp, so made shrimp salad and also had a big bag of grapes that I broke off of the stems and washed them and put them in a bowl in the fridge. Easier to just reach in and grab a few.

Had some paper work to go through and shredded most of it.

It is little cloudy this morning and still chilly. I do think it is supposed to get warmer the end of the week and turn into being a nice Labor Day week end.  No special plans right now.

I did hear from the doctor about the CT scan  I had done last Friday, and everything was fine.  Now just have one more to hear from.

Jane, I think you should go to the movie.  The meat balls can wait.  LOL

Amy, good luck with your blood work. And, have a safe trip into town.

Gloria, I had to laugh at your story about the old man stealing your tomato.  I guess at the time, he just didn't think of it as "stealing" it.  He was just being nice to his friend.   I have been using jars of spaghetti sauce forever and I do "doctor" it up.  I very rarely made my own spaghetti sauce, so I guess that is why I don't see any difference.  I usually use a good brand.  One of my DIL is a vegetarian, so I don't use a meat sauce anymore and all my family all say what I use is good.  I went to a local Italian restaurant and decided to get their signature spaghetti dish, and I did not like it.  It was very watery and I did not like the taste. And, it is a very popular place.   I still prefer mine out of the jar. LOL  Just all what you get used to.

I need to get on with my day. So, I will just wish all a very happy Tuesday.

Joy
BIG BOX

Mary Ann

Gloria, there is no reason I haven't posted, I just haven't.  Time is not a problem.

I finally started working on a genealogy for a friend of Tom's and it is interesting because the names and places are new to me.  With my own family, most hints I get are for back in the 1500-1700 and I'd rather have more modern hints.  Then I get hints about either or both of my parents and I either have the info - or it's wrong!

Gloria, I suppose your neighbor thought you wouldn't miss that one tomato, even if if was the only one, but shame on him for taking YOUR tomato.  I don't try to grow  any tomatoes now but I have in the past.  Norm always had a lush plant and when he would leave to Florida in late September, I got the remains of his plant.  I now order my produce online and I have been very satisfied with what the girls pick for us.  There is no way I am going to be able to walk through a store now. 

Tom has gone out for breakfast and he may bring back a cranberry muffin for me.  Even so, I will fix something for my breakfast soon.

Mary Ann

JaneS

It's time to head off to bed but I wanted to check in here first.

MARYANN and GLORIA, my ITALIAN MIL would roll over in her grave if I ever uses storebought spaghetti sauce.  She shared her recipe with me from the beginning and my kids all got used to it.  I did too.  I think I bought 2 jars of sauce once when I was in a hurry and I wanted to make manicotti.  One of my kids said, "the next time you're in a hurry, don't buy sauce.  Wait until you have more time!"  Everyone agreed!  And I did doctor it.  They still knew!

I did go to the movie.  It was called OVERCOMER and if you ever get a chance, see it!  It was excellent!  Take tissues!

I'm gonna hit the sack now.  I wish you all a peaceful sleep and a happy tomorrow!  And may God bless us, every one.

Denver

Here I am posting late again......

We had a nice surprise visit from our California DIL and Baby Jonah this afternoon.  She flew in yesterday and will return home on Friday.  Her parents live about 30 minutes south of us.  Jonah was a bit leary of us....😢. We just need to get out to his home and spend more time with him and then he will get to know us😩. Anyway it sure was great to see them.  He has grown so much.....he will turn 9 months old on the 6th of September.  She is going to try to get to Matthew's first football game tomorrow afternoon so she can see as many of us as she can....this is IF Jonah is doing OK that late in the day.

Michele is not going to be able to get her gamma knife treatment this week.  They offered her next Friday, but that is only two days after her last chemo, so that will not work.  It was a long shot for sure. 

AMY, I enjoyed the video you shared very much.  Thank you for sharing it. 

JANE, happy to read you did go to the movie and that you enjoyed it. 

Pleasant dreams to EVERYFRIEND. 

Jenny

🦋 Jenny

Lloyd Hammond

good morning everyone. we went to Hershey chocolate factory. I bought boxes of candy bars. enough that I used my military card and got a 15% discount amounted to $48.and some change. Nancy said I spent a $146 or $148 . so you can stop by and have a candy bar. Have a great day.

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning everyone.

Light mist at the moment, good for the lawns and gardens.

Yesterday went well, we both got in our appointments before the appointed time. Then we took the long way home ,stopping at the restaurant that hides your plate with fish and chips!!So delicious!!

On the way home we came upon an accident that had just happened,a roll over but since thee were lots of people there we didn't stop. Listening to the new last night we found out it was a lady  high on drugs and booze! :angry2: All I can say is thank God she didn't kill anyone, traffic was heavy with folks going home or out shopping for school clothes.

Neither one of us wanted supper last night.....just toast!

Today is pick up dog food and get a few things in town.

Lloyd, great bargain for delicious chocolate!! Safe travels for you and Nancy.

Enjoy you day everyone.
Jimmy Dean

Gloria

Good morning every one, looks like out nice cool dry days are at a end for now. 62° and rain this afternoon. Will be stuck in our apartments on this area of the building this morning. New floor coverings starting to be installed in the hallways. They tore up the filthy carpeting up yesterday. At 9 this morning they will put glue down on the floor, will take 2 hours to set before they put tiles down. Will wait and see what the tiles are. Had to tell my CNA yesterday she will not be able to get in here so had to cancel. Today is usually laundry day for me so she did it yesterday. Wonder what it will be like when they do the elevator. I will be stuck in here again, cannot use the stairs. It will take 3 days to do one floor. This hall is short-only 5 apartments but the other hall will be done 2 different days. Looking down that hall looks like the last mile it is so long. I am lucky I am near the elevator, just a small maintenance room between the elevator and me.

JOY  guess it is what we get used to. I have always made my  own sauce, was told how from an old Italian woman and have taught daughter and sons and DILs how. It is easy except for the hours of simmering.

MARY ANN  I have a niece into genealogy and every time she finds something about either of my parents she sends it to me. Except for cousins she never met and is not in touch with my daughter and me are the only ones she knows.  At times I will tell her some things about my brother -her Father-and she loves hearing about him when he was young. He was 10 years older than me.

JANE  there is something about that bought sauce that just tastes odd, the texture or the taste but I cannot eat it. Had it is some well known Italian restaurants  and don't like it there either. Like soup, no can soup tastes as good as home made.

JENNY  what a wonderful surprise to see your DIL and Jonah. My little great grandson was hesitating with me when he was about a year old. Now at 4 he comes right to me with hugs.

LLOYD  I always have the Hershey chocolate bars in the house for when I need a chocolate"fix". I would hate to see how much I would spend if I ever went there.

AMY  we have thunder storms and downpours in the forecast for late afternoon. A cold front co‌ming in and rain coming from the storm Erin down in the Atlantic.

If I want to get out at all I better get a move on to be back in here before 9:am.
Have a good day.

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  We've been up and attem since 6 a.m. and the first batch of meatballs are cooling on the kitchen counter until they can be popped into a plastic bag and into the freezer for use "whenever".

I thought I was going to make and can spaghetti sauce this weekend but my daughter, SIL and granddaughter are all coming up from Maryland this weekend.  Frankie, my gdaughter is moving into her own apartment and they are bringing her stuff and helping her move.  They are also bringing the rest of the rocks to finish my landscaping project so I have to remember to call the guy who is doing the big one. 

I have to pack the meatballs and be ready to leave for work by 9:45 so I better "put an egg in my boot and beat it". 

Make it your own in every way

Mary Ann

I have to smile at you women who just "have to have" homemade something or other.  That's fine when you can make your own, but if, like me, you don't have the talent or inclination, I'd go without a lot of things if I didn't buy a certain product.  I never was a good cook, more like a good baker.  My specialty was cakes of various kinds.  I do no cooking now.  I am thinking of making a casserole of some type soon.  I'd really like a Cabbage Roll Casserole, but I'd settle for something Pasta or Chicken Mushroom Soup.  Tom says he likes to cook, however, he's seldom home and our meals are often hot dogs or hamburgers.  Tuesdays he goes to Bible Study with Robin, who cleans for us, and we have vegetarian pizza.  I want something I can get my teeth into (seeing I still have my own teeth).  That said, in most other ways, Tom is very helpful and I have few complaints.

I had an eye test yesterday and things are about the same as in January.  I do have glaucoma in both eyes, but at my age, I'm not surprised.  My problem now is focusing because I have a hard time reading anything.  I don't even try with books and such, but I like to read the messages here, so I appreciate the larger fonts and bold print - one or the other is readable.  Thanks to all for large favors.

Today I am going to lunch with three or four other retiree women.  Tom takes me, but eats away from us, sometimes at a different restaurant, but not usually.  We're going to the Olive Garden today.  A different place each month.  The other women all live in the south end of town so we always eat out there.  Come to the north end?  Too far!  I don't drive now and Tom is willing, so we eat in the south end each time.

It looks like we will have a nice day today but we're not up to 70 degrees yet.  As I so often say - the sun is shining so it's a beautiful day!

Mary Ann

Denver

A good Wednesday Morning HELLO to EVERYFRIEND 💐

On this day, two years ago our dear friend Joan went to heaven to be with her savior🙏. I hope she knows how much we miss her and how often we comment on things that she used to say to us😢

MARY ANN, enjoy your lunch out with the gals today. I think many of us just do not have much of a desire to cook a lot of things like our friends JANE and AMY do all the time!  I think I wore myself out years ago keeping my four boys fed!  I feel I was a good cook as my hubby and sons all say I was.  I go in spurts.....I get hungry for particular things and I do quite a bit of cooking, then back to going out more frequently.  Most of the time the problem is finding something that we both want to eat.....and right now nothing seems to sound good at all!  God to read that your eyes have not change too much since you were in earlier.

JANE, your "meat-a-balls" sure do sound yummy to me!  Never really found a good recipe for them either....we generally have Italian Sausage with our pasta! 

GLORIA, what an inconvenience it is when the hallways are under repair.  Sorry you had to cancel your CNA.  I felt your pain of coming home to discover someone had picked your tomato!  That is just WRONG!  I don't care wha5 your neighbors intensions were!  Gurrr!  On our local Nextdoor, a community forum, a lady posted that someone had picked ALL of her long awaited apples on the tree in her front yard.....what is wrong with people?  That is stealing....no doubt about it.  Good grief how can anyone think that is OK? 

AMY, sad to come up on an accident but thankfully there were already people there.  It makes me so angry how many accidents are caused by drugs, alcohol and CELL PHONES!  One of my cousins just posted pictures and the details of the accident her grandchildren were in.  It was a drunk driver at 4:30 in the afternoon that T-boned the grandmother on the other side of the family's van.  The pictures are frightening of the damage to the car, but thankfully the 2 kiddos and the grandma escaped with minor injuries.  The mother's written description of the trama the young children are suffering is heartbreaking.  The poor grandma is just beside herself that it happened....she ma never be the same and sure does not want to drive the children ever again! 

I guess I had best get busy and do something or the day will have passed and it will be time to head out to Matt's first football game.  I want to support this young man, however I have to say I wish he was not playing tackle 🏈....he has so much going for him and I think he could have done without this experience in his life!  Shame on you grandma🤬🤬🤬. I hope you all know that I am just concerned for his safety......his family does not need one bit more of any hardships🙏🙏

It is time for me to get oof of my soap box.....Enjoy the rest of your day. 

Jenny

🦋 Jenny

JaneS

Hi Everyfriend!  Today started off fine getting the meatballs done.  Then I went to work and it started off terrible.  They've changed some policies and there are things I need that I can't access because my phone is too old.  One of them is my work schedule.  It was availbable on the Associates network and they decided to make it available to people's phones.  In the process, it seems that my cell phone is too old to access the necessary information.  Therefore, I can't access the Associates website.  Therefore, I have to have someone get my work schedule for me or buy a new phone for $500. plus.  I refuse to do this so I have to ask someone to take the time to do it for me.  I hate doing this. So my day started out bad.

Thank goodness I had some of my favorite customers through my line today and the day improved. 

Now I'm really tired and thinking about going to bed early tonight.  If you don't hear from me later it's because I hit the hay early.

MARY ANN, I cook because it relaxes me.  I told my daughter that I don't need one of those adult coloring books to relax.  All I have to do is go in the kitchen and cook something.  I've also found lately that cleaning up certain things relaxes me too.  I still don't like general housekeeping but washing up a dirty floor and seeing it clean gives me a good feeling.  And taking a load of clean laundry out of the dryer, folding it and seeing it ready for the drawers gives me a good feeling.  A freshly made bed is a good feeling.  And sharing what I've made with a friend is a good feeling. 

I've never eaten out much since my husband chose a different wife, mostly because I didn't have the time or the money but also because I didn't want to do it alone and by the time I was ready to eat, it was too late to call someone.  That's one of the reasons that I cook.  I like to eat good meals and cooking them is one of my pleasures.

JENNY, that accident must have been terrible.  And I can understand why that grandma didn't wat to drive the kids any more.  All the years I was picking up Kiran after school, I worried about safety.  Thank goodness, we never had any close shaves and we are both safe and have good memories of those years.

I'm going to go get something to drink and watch a little TV and probably be off to bed in a little while.  I wish you all a peaceful night's rest and a happy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one.

Amy

Another day had sneakers on and snuck away on me. We are off early in the morning to be up at the vets for 9 am., Babe has been licking her foot to the point of licking the fur off she did this in 2017 also. I think it is an allergy to a weed in our backyard.

Jenny, I get so annoyed driving is difficult enough without having to look out for these stupid people on the road too. I was happy to read that the children and their Grandmom are alright and I do hope the court threw the book at the driver!

Jane, I am sure another worker wouldn't mind doing that for you, if they needed help you would be right there quick as a wink, Hugs to you, a good nights sleep will make you feel much better.

Wish Phyliss would check in...

Night everyone.
Jimmy Dean

Amy

Good morning everyone.

Janie, talking to myself again here.
Just breaking daylight now and cooler temps. Not a sound out no geese loons or crickets!
We will soon be off to the vets, my friend wants us to pick up some pills for her fil's dog while we are there. Will stop in drop off the pills and if time permits go visit a lady that we have done work for in the past. She will soon be heading off to stay with her son for the winter.

Gloria, hope the workmen are soon done their job and you can get about and not be confined to your floor.

I am another one that loved to cook and bake. I find it relaxing and when I bake/cook I like to do big batches.

Mary Ann enjoy your lunch out. We used to have an Olive Garden in the city but it shut its doors. We also like the Cabbage Roll Casserole,easy to make and so delicious especially the next day.

Better get ready to meet the day.

Enjoy your day everyone.
Jimmy Dean