Random Image

cake topper

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:39:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

A big welcome to Valtermar

Started by so_P_bubble, September 01, 2019, 01:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

so_P_bubble

Welcome to  Valtermar!! to
Seniors and Friends!

I think you'll like it here.  We are a friendly enough bunch  ;)  If you need any help just give a shout. :2funny:

Looking forward to seeing your posts, and if you'd like to share, we'd like to see your photos as well, Valtermar  :thumbup:

Mary Ann

Welcome Valtermar!  I am part of the discussion group Norm's Bait and Tackle.  We do not discuss fishing, bait or tackle!  We'd like to have you join us.

Another group is the Soda Shoppe.  The groups are similar and we discuss anything but religion or politics.

Mary Ann

Valtermar

My thanks to so_P-bubble and Mary Ann for the big welcome. I am Valtermar, from Brazil. Native language is Portuguese. Looking forward to knowing you through your posts.  :)

Mary Ann

Valtermar, thanks for responding to our messages.  There are a lot more folders than the two I mentioned.  We haven't had anyone from Brazil before but on any of the folders we have people from Israel, England, Canada, Australia and we've had others from other countries.  We just talk back and forth, maybe post once or twice a day.  We are all Seniors but our ages range from the 50s on up.

So, pull up a chair and join in.

Mary Ann

Marilyne

Valtermar - Welcome to Seniors and Friends!  Take a look at all the many discussion folders here, and I hope you'll find many that you will enjoy. We'd like to know more about you, so tell us something about yourself? 

Valtermar

Thank you for your messages, Mary Ann and Marilyne. Bubble, a dear friend of many years, invited me to join. Will visit the Forum at night, after working hours. I am chemist by profession and computer programmer as a hobby, interested in electronic gadgets and the like, also interested in Psychology and the workings of the human mind. Love to read books, most fiction (SciFi fiction mostly), biographies as well. Love movies as well, though lately there seems to be no time for movies, and I read books while traveling to and from work mostly. Wife loves cooking and gardening, though we live in a flat and there is little space for plants. She is specializing in practical phytotherapy and so, is very much interested in plants that can be used for medicinal purposes. If you have the same interest, I can act as intermediary, since she does not speak English.

Mary Ann

Valtermar, it is good to hear of your interests.  We have two ladies who are interested in scientific studies and often post URLs.  Many of the people here do some reading so I hope others will hop on the bandwagon to contact you.  I'll bet no one in this Seniors & Friends folder speak Portuguese! 

Mary Ann

Amy

Valtermar, welcome. This is a group of fun loving people and I hope you join in.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

angelface555

Hi Valtermal, I'm one of those interested in the whys and how things work or come about so welcome!

RAMMEL

Greetings, and welcome Valtermar.  I'm one of the few males here. I post mostly in the computer areas but might just pop in anywhere. Been with this group for many years and find most, if not all, very nice people - from all walks of life.
If you are looking for a place to start, click on the word "FORUM" at the top of the page.  Feel free to ask questions in any forum.
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

Vanilla-Jackie

Valtermar...
...a very warm welcome to you Valtermar..I am Jackie from England...
" There is no present like the time "

Shirley

Valtermar, how nice that our friend, Bubble, encouraged you to join us. We are happy to have you and will probably come calling now & then, for advice with a computer problem. My first question of you is.... is that your real name or one that has a special meaning to you?  Shirley is my real name but when I first joined this group nearly 20 years ago, I used the name Tisie because it was my mother's nickname most of her life, and there were already several "Shirleys" in the membership. I live in the center of the US, Kansas, widow with 3 kids, 7 grands & 7 great grands, and 3 cats that have taken over my life. Tell your wife for me that I join her with speaking only one language, if I live long enough, that would be my goal, to learn another.

As Rammel mentioned, if you click on Forum, you will find many discussions to choose from to visit.  I hang out mostly in the Soda Shoppe and Photos Then & Now but sometimes look in on other discussions.  Sounds like you have a full and interesting life.

MarsGal

Greetings and welcome, Valtermar.

I love books and reading. While I read a variety of genres, Science Fiction is at the top of my list along with Ancient History. Drop in on the Library Bookshelf discussion on occasion and let us know what you are reading.

Valtermar

Hi! Thank you, Mary Ann, for the new post, and thank you Amy, Angelface555, Rammel, Vanilla-Jackie, Shirley and MarsGal for the welcome message.

angelface555, I liked your stylish avatar. I also think the whys and how things work is important.  :)

Rammel, to tell the truth, the forum about computers was one of the first forums I had a peek at, when visiting the F&S the first time. Noticed  that has not been visited often lately.  :'(

Shirley, you can call me Valter. When choosing a name for my e-mail account I found there were too many Valters... so, I had to put some letters more into the name and borrowed them from my family name. I notice you have a big family, which is good. :-) As for learning another language, have you started?

MarsGal, it is good to know you love books and reading. I will take it as a suggestion and write about what I read recently using the Library Bookshelf Forum. Bubble did suggest I take a Forum as a start. I will try other Forums as well.

Gloria

Welcome Valtermar. We hope you will check the different forums and find where you will be interested in. My name is Gloria and live in Rhode Island, the smallest of the US. Only a small dot on some maps. It is in the northeast, in the area of New England. Bubble is a good friend to us and helps us when she has the time. I post in the Soda Shoppe and at times in the Card Shop where Bubble posts her wonderful creations she does in PSP.  Hope to see you posting soon.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

RAMMEL

Quote from: Valtermar on September 03, 2019, 07:02:54 PM

Rammel, to tell the truth, the forum about computers was one of the first forums I had a peek at, when visiting the F&S the first time. Noticed  that has not been visited often lately.  :'(
That's because everyone here knows all about computers  :2funny:    :2funny:    :uglystupid2:   Just kidding. When new systems start there are usually enough questions to keep us hopping. Then once in a while people get into a fix and we try to help.  Feel free to ask a question, or preferably help with answers
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

Valtermar

Quote from: RAMMEL on September 03, 2019, 08:46:52 PM
Quote from: Valtermar on September 03, 2019, 07:02:54 PM

That's because everyone here knows all about computers  :2funny:    :2funny:    :uglystupid2:  Just kidding. When new systems start there are usually enough questions to keep us hopping. Then once in a while people get into a fix and we try to help.  Feel free to ask a question, or preferably help with answers
Yes, there is that. If the common issue is what help we need, it is natural that we write only when we need help. I am watching the emergency of new tendencies concerning artificial intelligence and augmented reality and neuromorphic computers and how these factors, together with faster communication and the pressure for change are shaping a new reality. It is both fascinating and worrisome. Do these topics interest you?

Valtermar

Hello, Gloria. Thank you for the welcome message. I had heard about Rhode Island, but was not sure where it is, except that it is near New York. So, I consulted Google maps... I will look at the Card Shop Forum and see Bubble posts there.

Shirley

I left a message in computers & thought I'd give it a try in here (since computers isn't visited often these days).

Have HP laptop using Windows 10.... bought a Garmin GPS & daughter installed Garmin Express to get updates faster. Had to agree to their cookies BUT I didn't know I'd be hounded with pop ups every 30 seconds that I had to click out of the way to see any page (not just Garmin stuff). I can't remember how to delete cookies on Windows 10 (using Chrome).... help, anyone???? Please.. Not sure that will end the problem but maybe until I try to use Garmin Express again, you think? My motorhome doesn't have built in GPS, car does, but car never goes out of town. I have no sense of direction so always have my Magellan hand held GPS with me but this Garmin talks to me & does a good job. I have a Tom Tom that came with "lifetime updates" but after a few years they tell me it is too old to update... how's that for double talk?

Thanks for the help... Shirley