Random Image

tankside.jpg

Owner: Jeanne Lee
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:24:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for October 1, 2019

Started by so_P_bubble, October 01, 2019, 02:50:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaneS

I'm up and attem and it's already a busy day.  I'm checking in now but I'm not sure when I'll be able to be back.  I work until one and then come home, see to the doggies and get myself ready for a dr. appt. a half hour away at 3:15.  Doesn't leave much time to visit with friends  And I suspect a lot of "tired" will kick in when I get home.  If you don't see me, I'll just be "catching my breath". 

It's raining here and supposed to continue all day.  Not good for driving but in my opinion, better than bright sunshine.   

I wish you all a lovely day!
Make it your own in every way!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Mary Ann

Jane, I'm up but I don't know how much atem yet.  It is 9 am and at 10:15, Dot is picking me up to go to a funeral.  I'm dressed, but I have done nothing else, such as brushing my teeth or taking my pills (ugh!)

Gloria, I have never had a vintage tomato, nor a heritage tomato.  I grew a plant one year and had several tomatoes from it, but they were nothing to speak of.  Norm used to have one or two pots each year and when he would go to Florida in late September, I would be the beneficiary of what was left.  He grew some big tomatoes and I think he grew Beef Steak.  So much for my tomato knowledge. 

My mother may have made pie crusts with lard, but I also remember Crisco being in the house and I used that when I baked things.  I really learned how to bake before learning how to fix meals and after Mother died, Dad did the cooking, and he was a good cook.  Now we don't have Crisco in the house but use butter. 

I read where it is safe to eat red meat again, that it doesn't lead to heart problems.  I wish they'd make up their minds. 

Time to get to the next step in getting ready for my day.  No one was up yet in Norm's Boat & Tackle.

Mary Ann

phyllis

Thank you, Jenny, for the birthday wishes.  You weren't late at all since yesterday was the day.

Amy, Kyle and I share the birthday.  Happy Birthday, Kyle!!!  I've always said that the best people were born in October.

Mary Ann, I have joined you in the Age 90 Club.  Yesterday I turned 90 and though you have a few years more than I do I just hope I keep doing as well as you have.

When my younger son and DIL visited a couple of weeks ago they gave me a nice early birthday dinner and cake and then yesterday they called with more birthday wishes.  I had a nice card and little present from David plus calls from my grandsons.  It was a nice birthday but I am trying to ignore the fact that it was my 90th!  :o

I made some apple sauce yesterday in the InstantPot.  It is first time I felt like doing much cooking in quite awhile.  We enjoyed the sauce a lot for dinner last evening.

Must get some breakfast and start my day.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Shirley

Another quick note, seems I can't catch up! Who was it that ask if "worse to unpack or pack"? THIS time, because I didn't have a lot of time (roofers in the driveway), I just threw everything in & had to hunt for stuff all week, was a nightmare trying to drag things OUT because nothing was where it should have been. BUT, I'm going to fill up the elephant again to be ready for the next trip to MO. Family reunion this time & I do want to see the cousin that comes back from the east (my age) and I had to turn around half way last year because my son, Andy, was rushed to the hospital for heart surgery. Too many things lined up for October but November can be "iffy" weather in KS & MO.

Phyllis, one of my friends couldn't make it to the class reunion because her husband has the same problem you do, and I would not have understood if you had not explained to us how it affects you. She was so disappointed, we really do appreciate what it takes to get to those reunions, family or class. Happy 90th birthday to you... sounds like a good number to me. I really do think PT is the name of the game at our age.... and think I'll talk to my doctor to see if it might help my being so short winded. I do not believe my valve is ready to be replaced because I never felt any better AFTER they replaced it or the by-passes or stents. Never had PT so not sure how hard to push when walking, don't want to fall flat when nobody around to miss me.

This is not getting the show on the road.... & need to make the phone calls first. I was tempted to turn on the furnace to take the chill off last night but didn't want to have it do something awful. Think the warranty runs out this year but have not checked to see exactly when. The AC man mentioned it was the last year & we had both replaced at the same time... so... I want that inspection.  I hear roofers working near by so it will be difficult to get the RV out to gas her up. Still do have a couple dollars off on gas so can leave on a full tank that costs $35. less and when I get back can fill again with the other dollar off (for 35 gallons). It's nice to have the tank full so I can use it with generator should power go out in the house.

Gloria, I've never heard those terms for tomatoes... how I envy you the home grown ones!!!  I looked all over the towns I was in last week and didn't see any signs for apples. Used to be MO was known for their apples.... but where orchards WERE are now housing developments.

Would love to stay & visit/ask questions. Lloyd, what did you mean about an X friend & having to go to court? 

Gotta go!!!  Love ya all.  Shirley

Mary Ann

Phyllis, I'm never sure how I should act at my age.  I didn't have any teachers.  I manage to get around.  I'm glad I gave up driving when I did so no one had to take the keys away from me.  I miss driving only occasionally when I want to go to a particular store and Tom isn't available, or I don't want to bother him.  The funeral we went to today was for a woman 92.  Dot will be 90 next June. 

Mary Ann

mycheal

Phyllis, Belated Happy Birthday :O)

I heard Seasoned people like poetry
So I started writing this down

It wasn't an easy task either :O)
But you're not really that seasoned
So I won't make you frown

So at oh hum ya gotta just feel like this :

Entertaining
Intelligent
Generous
Humorous
Trustworthy
Youthful

Ya passed that one in fying colors :O)

Mycheal

Amy

Phyliss  a happy belated birthday. :hb2:  :hb3:
What a full day this has been..too tired to go into it now.
Saying good night.. See you in the morning.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Sounds like that "trying" day was going around!  I had one, too.  I decided that I don't like highway's in rainstorms.  This never used to bother me but today was a harrowing drive, to say the LEAST!  I was very happy to be back home.  And I have to go back next Tuesday for a check so I'm praying for a slightly cloudy day! 

And now I'm off to bed also!  I wish you all a peaceful night and a happy tomorrow!

Gloria

Good morning everyone, according to the weather guessers it is raining. just looked out but no rain here. Wrong again. love it. 56° 10 degrees cooler than yesterday.

PHYLLIS  I meant to wish you a belated birthday yesterday so now I am even later with it.

AMY  after I got home on Friday I got ready for bed  and I think I have finally caught up on my sleep, that is all I did for 3 days, sleep. This morning I feel wide awake at last. Enjoy your leaf peeping trip, wish I could be there with you to see the beautiful fall colors. Finally really starting to change here.

JANE  hope your doctor visit was good yesterday. My doctor called me yesterday to tell me the CT scan results were good, no problems. Was a relief to hear  that.

MARY ANN  both my DIL's use shortening for piecrust, I learned how to make it with Mazzola oil and always came out nice and flaky.

PHYLLIS  well if all good people were born in October I know 3 others  that were. My Mom and 2 sisters, on the 15-16-17 October.

SHIRLEY  I am glad both my sons plant a garden every year and share  with me. Several large orchards here and just across the border in Conn.

Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

JaneS

GOOD MORNING!  And it seems like it's going to be for me, too, GLORIA.  I got up feeling rested and ready to meet the day.

GLORIA, I don't know if my dr. visit was good or bad yesterday because all she did was take some tissue from my mouth for a biopsy.  She said she wouldn't keep me on pins and needles and would let me know as soon as she has the results.  They did this about a year ago and she called me herself, on the morning of the 4th day following my visit.  They didn't find anything a year ago and I'm keeping good thoughts for this time.

The doggies are patiently waiting for the boinger and then I have to get busy putting things away.  My cleaning dynamo comes today and I'm one of those people who likes to keep everything handy so I'm not good at putting stuff away and I need to get things out of her way.

I need to go get another cup of coffee and the boinger only has about 10 minutes to go so .....

Amy

Good morning everyone..

I am up but not at'tem but that is just alright. Today we are heading out to see the leaf colours.
Yesterday was productive, I was in the garden pulling/cutting out wild raspberry canes when I disturbed a bees nest in the compost bin. Mercy did they fly out of there and I though ok will go help Kyle with the pine needles.  I am picking up the bunches of needles when it hit.lil stinker must have crawled down my sweatshirt to my waist and when I bent over he got me! I high tailed it to the house trying to get out of my clothes fast!! I was in the entryway and I could hear it flying so took the Raid to it. Think I was safe to put my jeans back on ,I got one leg in and it bit again!! Well,off they came again and inot the wash..that's enough of that. I quickly took 2 Benedryls and hoped for no reaction. Then when the bees quietened  down I took the tiller to the garden and this morning my muscles are yelling at me.

Gloria, that is a great relief to know your CT scan is good. I love this drive we are going on lots of colour to see.

Jane,I am praying that nothing will be found this time too!I need to do some cleaning in here but another day.

Better get a move on here.

Enjoy your day everyone..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Lloyd Hammond

Good mourning everyone. Amy sorry about the bee stings, honey or bumble Both hurt. mix backing soda and water in to a paste smooth it on the bites. several years ago I was bulldozing down some brush for a neighbor and knocked a dead tree with a large swarm of honey bees in it. they swarmed all over me and the dosser, they stung me hundreds if time,swelled my eyes shut in a couple minutes. I could not see. I was slowed to a walk from a run. called out to the lady at the house help I cant see. she called back stop acting up.I I said I am not acting up I have got stung all over my eyes are swollen shut. she then came to meet me and led me up to there porch I lay down on it. and she mixed the soda and made a paste all over my face,I was very sick at stomach for a while. it took a couple hours for the eyes to come back open. no fun to be stung. I have been stung with all of honey bumble and wasps,hornets at different times.if it happens again hurriey to the soda. Have a good day.

Lloyd

phyllis

Mycheal, I like that very much. And I've adopted your term "seasoned".  A much nicer way to refer to those of us who are "mature".  Thank you.  It was so nice to find your post when I checked in to S&F.

Amy, ouch!  I hope the Benedryl did the job and you aren't having any bad results from the bee stings. I admit I'm envious of your leaf peeping drive.  When we lived in upstate NY I had to take a drive out into the beautiful countryside at least once during the Fall.  I always said I was restoring my soul.

Jane, I hope your doctor has called with good results of your biopsy.  I'm thinking positive thoughts.

Gloria, that is good news that the CT found that everything is OK.  I know you are relieved.  It's so nice that you have large orchards near you and that your sons take such good care of you.  I was a little disappointed in the apples that my ex-neighbor brought to me.  They are Stayman/Winesaps and they were huge.  When the Staymans were small they were packed with flavor and were my favorite for applesauce.  Now they are growing them very large and the flavor is no longer there.  I don't understand the growers going with very big, beautiful to look at fruit.....with no flavor.

Shirley, the therapist said there was no reason that I couldn't walk as much as I feel like doing.  It is the best exercise for older people.  However, I do use my Rollator.  The balance is better but not good enough to walk without an aid.  But, you do more than enough to keep up your exercise.  I can't imagine doing all that you do.  It exhausts me!

Please take care, Everyone, and MAKE it a good day!
phyllis
Cary,NC

JaneS

So far, it's been a pretty good day!  And it sounds like the rest of you (except AMY) are doing OK, too.  I'm hoping AMY doesn't have any lasting sore spots from the bees, too. 

I'm thinking that when my daughter drives me to the chiropractor, we'll go the scenic way instead of the direct.  The leaves should be in their glory by that time.

I think I'll adopt "seasoned" also.  It really fits!  MYCHEAL, what you wrote was lovely!  Please do it again when the feeling strikes you!

I made the green tomato bread today and it yummy.  I think it might even beat the zucchini bread by a small taste.  But they're both yummy.  I also made up a container of cole slaw with the cabbage and carrots left from the veggies soup.  I added the leftover chopped green tomatoes and a nice fresh red sweet pepper from the Farmstand.  That was my lunch!

The gardening guy was here and trimmed back my Rose of Sharon bushes and cut back a lilac bush that really needs some love and attention.  And if it doesn't do anything next Spring, it'll be getting a replacement!  And I think I'll go out there and tell it so.  Do you think it will listen and shape up?

Now, I'm going down to the corner to get the mail and then take the doggies out and get the trash ready for the dumpster.  That's my day!  I love a day like this!

Amy

What a lovely day! We struck out around 8:30 and thought we were just going to go over to another town but the scenery was beautiful so we did about  118 miles and saw a lot of lovely leaf colours. The reds were so vibrant especially when framed in the dark green of the pines. I don't think Kyle was as excited about the leaf colours but enjoyed the trip also.

Tomorrow we are on the road again, this time to the audiologist for new hearing aids. These new ones won't need batteries  all you do is charge the existing one in them. Isn't modern technology grand?

Jane, the spots are now itchy but this too shall pass.
There were a lot of folks out looking at the leaves and lots of bus tours also.

Mycheal, I too will adopt your "seasoned". what a cute way of putting it. One girl I talked with called  us vintage....at least she didn't say antiques! :)

Phyliss,the peeping went on and on......all the way home. I just love Fall.

Lloyd, thank you, I did make a paste up and put it on. Wow, you really had a time with the bees, glad all worked out for you in the end. I gave the compost bin a pokee tonight and no bees came out so maybe the cold water from the home moved them on...I hope!!

Played Frisbee with both dogs and now I am ready to put my feet up.
Jimmy Dean

Denver

HELLO EVERYFRIEND ❣️

I can't let another day pass with out checking in❣️  The all seem to just pass by so quickly I have a hard time keeping up🙀🙀

AMY, I am so sorry to read about the bee stings! That is so miserable, especially when it happened more than one time.  I do hope the Benadryl worked for you.  I hope you and Kyle enjoyed the drive around viewing the beautiful colored trees.  We never did make it on our drive, but people have posted so many pictures and the news has been covering it well so I do not feel cheated.

JANE, I do hope the biopsy will come back saying it is negative again!  Did I miss you telling about your car being fixed?  It must be as you have been driving it!  Hope it was nothing too expenses fix!

GLORIA, so happy you heard from your doctor and your CT scan is clear of anything bad! 

PHYLLIS, I like MYCHAELS and now your term of being "seasoned people" as well!  I told my Dad today about it and he said he is VERY SEASONED! 😍. It is good to read that you are feeling well enough that you are doing a little bit of cooking. 

SHIRLEY, it is great to have you back.  Glad you enjoyed your time away and the kitties were good.  It is hard to believe it has been a year since you had to cancel your trip to the reunion due to Andy's heart surgery and yet, it also seems longer ago than that.  I know that sounds goofy, and that I am, but I seem to feel that way about a lot of th8ngs these days.  Time is just flying by! 

MARY ANN, my Dad said the same thing as you....he does not know how he should act at age 95 as he has never spent time with anyone THAT OLD!  Seems that many do not even have funerals anymore.....and some folks are so old they do not even have friends to even attend a service.  I am glad that you and Dot were able to go. 

Matt had his playoff football game yesterday, and they won 14 - 0.They were 6-0 for the season.  Tomorrow is the championship game and there is a very good possibility it may be SNOWING🤬🤬. He had a wonderful season and really enjoyed playing a lot, so will more than likely want to go again next year.  His mom and I prefer him to stick to his tennis of which he is very good at rather than football, but I do not think we have a vote! 

EDIT:
LLOYD, I forgot to mention your comments about the bee stings you also received.  YIKES that sounded awful and crazy that the lady thought you were kidding! 

AMY, happy you had such a nice day and that the stings did not get you down!  How exciting to have hearing aids with out needing batteries, as I have heard the batteries need changing out very often. 

JANE, I KNOW for certain I have never had green tomato bread! 

I hope you all have a good evening. 

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Mary Ann

Jenny, Congratulations to Matt and his football team with a good season.  I'm glad your dad felt as I did with no one to train us how 95 should feel.  Kindred souls.

I, too, notice many people do not have funeral services.  I wonder if cremation has contributed to that.  A well-known sports writer here, died last week.  He did have an obit, but requested no service.  I told Tom I did not need a service, but services are for the living so he can do what he wants.  I will be cremated.

It gets dark so early now; I have to turn on the outside light for Tom.

Mary Ann

Shirley

I did get the bedding put back on in the RV, smells so good, used some new type pods. Drained the gray water & also the fresh water left in the tank, so ready to roll again. Still have not discovered WHY I don't get any display on the screen for all the choices of what I want to happen... and no back up cameras. Guessing I've pushed a button somewhere to turn it off, but I have pushed everything in sight without it turning on so will have to take it to the electronics doctor, not sure who that might be. Since the furnace company said they can't come until Nov 18 I decided turning on heat would not wait that long. Andy showed up & gave it a quick going over & replaced the filter in the humidifier, turned it on & called it good. Supposed to get to the mid 30 by Friday night so thinking it may need to come on then. I am so happy with COOL weather. No pretty leaves here, some are looking dead (leaves) & dropping but no color.

Amy, my heart stopped at the thought of bees dive bombing you! I use the same remedy as Lloyd, paste of baking soda. I am very careful since we have mud daubers everywhere here, building their mud houses all over the brick. I spray with that stuff that will spray 20 feet & if any come out mad, I race inside. I can't take benedryl so am chicken!

Jane, prayers for a good report .... and Gloria, congratulations for your "pass" on the test! 

Jenny, like you, one way the year flew by but another way it seems lots longer than a year. Love your avatar... too bad my grands are too old and great grands too young. Always match making in the head when I see a exceptional "kid", your gr-daughter is darling. Glad to read your father is still hanging in & so sharp. One of our class leaders was distraught because his wife, as vivacious as always, is in early stages of Alzheimers. He said she wouldn't remember anything she said or did 5 minutes later. I would not have guessed the way she talked & handled herself.

Mary Ann, hope your nose is healing okay. When I think of how much all your "kids" (Norm's) care about you I always think of my one aunt that didn't have any kids of her own, but we all (50+ first cousins) thought WE were her favorite because she had a way of making us each feel special. None of the other adults ever meant as much (except parents) as the one aunt. Her twin had one son but as a people watcher, she showed him the same affection that she showed the rest of us. You have such a great relationship & attitude with Tom, he is lucky to have you.

I better get ready for bed. Extra sleepy tonight. Did not get the pool cleaned so that is first on the agenda tomorrow. Hugs to all and God Bless.  Shirley

JaneS

Just dropping in to say "Good Night".  Today was a good day for getting the little jobs done, including paying the bills.

Now I'm off to Dreamland!  I wish you all a peaceful night and a happy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Vanilla-Jackie

Phyllis...
...sending Belated Birthday Wishes...i hope your special day went as planned...
" There is no present like the time "

Amy

Good morning everyone.

Will make this quick as we are off to the city soon.

Shirley, I have pushed the wrong button on the van and ended up with French instead of English ...but did find a way to put it back.

Jane, isn't it nice when you can say good bye to those little jobs? Those are the ones that bother me most.

Better get moving here.

Enjoy your day everyone.

Jimmy Dean

JaneS

A quick Good Morning Everyfriend!  And I've noticed that I forgot to say "thank you" for the nice comments and the prayers about the biopsy on my jaw.  SO...

THANK YOU EVERYFRIEND! 

Gloria

Good morning everyone, not so nice today, 50°-that is about normal but there is an ocean storm moving in and will have rain all day and into tomorrow according to the weather guessers. Cannot complain because we do need the rain but I am thinking it will be worse along the shoreline than here. They were saying we will have strong winds up to 50 mph and with the trees still having leaves it could mean branches or trees blown over.

JANE  hope you hear from your doctor PDQ about the biopsy. If you are like me you worry about the result from the time of the procedure till you hear. I was relieved when mine called Monday to tell me every thing was OK. Like you I keep things handy because it is a pain to reach into the cupboards to reach for anything. Only thing handy is the cutlery so usually put all that away.

AMY  never had a bee sting but a hornet got up my jeans leg and got me on the back of the knee, that was horrible. Trees where I am are just really showing color now so I hope this storm we are expecting is not as bad as they are talking about. I know you and Kyle enjoyed your trip to see the foliage.

LLOYD  baking soda is so good for a lot of things and I use it and vinegar to clean the sink drains once a month. put a cup of it in the drain and add vinegar till it boils up and leave it for 30 minutes before running hot water into the drain. Keeps it from smelling, too.

PHYLLIS  I was hoping my son and DIL would take me for a ride to see the colorful trees but I will not ask. They do watch their grandson-my great grand- a few days a week and he is a handful at 4 years old but so darn cute. I remember the first time I bought Winesap apples I used only 4 of them to make a pie they were so big.

Yikes just heard the latest weather report and they have rain in the forecast till Sunday.  Glad I do not have to go anywhere. going to be more than the nor'easter we are in for.

JANE  lilac bushes usually end up doing better after a good pruning but might take a year to show it.

AMY 118 miles! you sure saw a lot of  God's rainbow of colors on the earth.

JENNY  I have a folder full of autumn photos and right now I have it set as a slide show on my monitor and I just sit here at times looking at them change and love every one of them. By now I think everyone knows it is my favorite time of year. Glad no one in my family went out for football. It is such a rough game now, like hockey, that has gotten too rough now, too.

MARY ANN  I have told my family for years I want no wake or anything when I go. If people cannot come and see me when alive I do not want them there when I go.

SHIRLEY  I have read that the best time to spray for hornet nests is at sunset when they are all going in for the night, that way they are trapped inside and die. Don't know anything about mud daubers, don't have them here.

My CNA did something to her left leg Monday and could hardly walk so I sent her home after an hour. She called me yesterday saying she was on her way to the doctor. I hoped the head of the group would send someone but never heard anything. I called the office in the afternoon and she didn't know that my regular lady was not here. She called me back later and said that my regular lady was out for the rest of the week and she had someone to send today. Good it is laundry, now will see what she does for the rest of the week. There are just too many things I cannot do even if I try.

Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. our prayers are that you all have a great day to your taste and even a better tomorrow.

Lloyd

phyllis

Thank you, Jackie.  It is so nice that you were thinking of me and it was thoughtful of you to send me a birthday message.

All is well here.  We need some rain but so far we are getting only cloudy, dreary days with some wind.  Autumn is typically our dry season so this is not unusual.

I'm running late today so will keep this short.  Just want to let all of you know that I'm hoping for a good day for everyone of you.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Shirley

Got to get busy but wanted to check on y'all before I fix my 2nd breakfast. Got up about 2:00 am starved, so came in & fixed myself 2 poached eggs on crackers... lots of butter melted in it because I like my egg yolk firm. My mother used to fix with crackers when we were little & needed something special. My daughter loved them & still feeds to her kids when they come. She has already started her grands on them & found something they will eat to the last morsel. Might be something you have to learn to like when a kid, just crumble several soda crackers into a mug, big chunk of real butter, pop the poached egg on top & add more butter & couple more crackers crumbled over & mix. I had not fixed one for years until my daughter was raving about how much her grands enjoy... no egg poacher so used a little gizzmo for fixing an egg in the microwave. Rubbed the bottom with butter & cracked the egg in & used a plastic fork to stir so egg doesn't explode... less than a minute in the mic. & dumped into the crackers & butter. Cup of warmed over coffee & went back to bed with a smile on my face & tummy happy. Going to cook a bowl of oatmeal (original) & have my oatnut bread & then get busy. It rained with lots of thunder & lightning after I got up at 2:00 am. Poor Tom went out at that time, before any sign of storms & as is his habit, goes into hiding until all the noise is over. He showed up a little while ago with eyes big from being afraid.

Gloria, I do the same for cleaning all drains... soda & vinegar. Sorry about your CNA's leg, know how you have appreciated  this one. Good luck with the replacement.

Jane, I have some crepe myrtle bushes for the first time & wondered if they should be trimmed. Right now they look pretty gangly... They are the pink, not as pretty as that bright red across the street but bloomed a long time. Forsythia bushes in the berm went wild this year, smothered out the surprise lilies from my mother. I'd love to dig one of the forsythia out & move to the river bank, but too much rock in the berm to dig & don't think I could do it anyway. Around here stuff grows where it wants or doesn't grow at all.

OOps, son called & needs to swing by to pick up his "mirror extenders" for his car... uses when pulling the camper or a trailer so he can see all the way back. He is helping his daughter move this week... big house & lots of work to move the little stuff before the movers come for the furniture & appliances. Gotta run.  Hugs to all.  Shirley

Amy

Back from town and glad to be home, everything has been put away and now  one can relax.

Gloria, I hope they sent a CNA to help you today. Last time I was stung I ended up on antibiotics but all is well this time. We have lots of hornets about now..guess they are looking for a place to winter.

Shirley,  I sleep better with a full tummy, lights out in no time.
Will go and see what I can avoid doing :)
Jimmy Dean

Denver

Home from the football game and our team won, 14 - 0!  The team was SO excited.  We nearly froze to death.....horrible winds and the dust was awful.  When we arrived at the field the temperature was 78 degrees and when the game was over the temp had dropped to 40 and it continues to fall.

SHIRLEY, your eggs and crackers sounds quite interesting....I might just have to try it!  Nothing like a full tummy to help you sleep, right?

GLORIA, I hope your son and dil will take you out for some color viewing!  I have sent my dad several pictures every day of the beautiful colors here on Colorado and he has been loving them.  I am glad that you can watch your slide show! Nice.

AMY, did Kyle get his hearing aids today or was he just measured for them? 

My Boston Grandsons called to wish me a good Yom Kippure.....they did not have school today due to this holy day. 

Pleasant dreams to all.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone.  about 4:50 A M we had a thunder storm Move through fast , not much rain with it just noise. woke me up so I got up took care of Mother call. I am going back too bed now and try for more ZZZ'S. wish you all the rest of the night a good one. see you all later.

Lloyd

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I see I didn't check in yesterday.  I came home from work and the cleaning dynamo was here.  She's on a different day due to an accident in her family.  Her son's car left him sit and the person he called at the end of his shift (5 a.m.) didn't show to pick him up so he started walking home (4 miles away).  On the way, he was hit by a truck and she's been busy caring for him ever since.  It was touch and go at first but it looks like after a very long recovery period, he's going to make it.  Prayers for A.J.  would help from anyone who would like to remember him.

After she left, I just collapsed, more or less.  The house was clean and she'd had the dogs out all the time she worked on the porch so they didn't need anything.  I conked out!  Ant with the exception of waking up for supper and taking the doggies out a ouple of times, I zonked!  This morning I feel a lot better!

JENNY, congrats to the football team and to the other kids who are learning about holidays celebrated by other cultures.  Grandchildren are so much fun!

SHIRLEY, I like the sound of those eggs and I might have to try them, too.  They sound easy to do, too. 

I have no plans for today and I must say, I'm not one of those who are looking forward to winter.  I think I hate being cold even more than I hate being hot.  I spend my days in many layers of clothes and sometimes even wrapped in blankets.  It was down into the high 40s overnight and will only be into the high 50s today.  I used to love winter when I was a kid....ice skating, sledding, having snowball fights, whatever the neighborhood kids thought up but I'm not a kid any more and my neighbors are not into ice skating and I'm not sure I could stand up on skates any more.

I love to see the first snowfall and I even like to be out walking in it but I DON'T like shoveling it!  And I don't like the large bank of dirty snow that the plow deposits at the end of the road.  It remains all winter and that's what I see every time I come home or leave. 

BOY!  That was a lot of griping!  I'm sorry about that.  Maybe I didn't recover as much as I thought from sleeping.  It looks like it's going to be a pretty day out there and I don't really have to go anywhere so it's going to be a good one.