Random Image

Doc- Restored B-29

Owner: Shirley
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:44:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for October 1, 2019

Started by so_P_bubble, October 01, 2019, 02:50:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  We're all gathered in my office waiting for the boinger.  When that goes, I go to the kitchen to feed the puppies and put some food in my stomach.

FIRST, LLOYD you need to find a different lawyer.  Around here (and I think most places) we have lawyers who will assist people with a promise of a share in the winnings.  I'm sure you can find someone to work with you that won't make a huge charge up front.  And if there was nothing signed, I would think you don't owe anything to someone who is trying to take over.  Look further into this before you give up!

SHIRLEY, I'm happy to hear that you plan to sit back and relax a bit.  I said a prayer that it would all work out right.  I wonder if He sits up there thinking "There she is again".  Because I ask for His so much.

JOY, I had 4 people in WM looking for Gravy Master and a customer told me that she thinks Kitchen Bouquet is the same thing.  I always have KB on hand because I like my gravy brown.  If it isn't brown, I don't eat it.  I looked them both up on line and the ingredients are pretty much the same.  If you agree (or if anyone else has an opinion) let me know because I have all the ingredients for this soup and I'm going to make it....maybe Sunday!

And now....

I wish you all a lovely day!
Make it your own in every way!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Denver

A good Saturday HELLO to EVERYFRIEND.

SHAME ON ME......I have been in here several times, starting to post then get interrupted and by the time I get back my post is gone! 

We are enjoying a warmer day after our snowstorm and a drop in temperatures 60+ degrees during the storm!  Crazy Colorado weather🤪

CAROL, happy to see you returned safely from your stay with your son in Montana.  INSURANCE.....GURRRR!  I am sorry your son did not get the surgery he hoped to, but I know you must have really enjoyed the time together!  I guess you and Don are getting ready to head south soon, right?  I was so thankful our trees came through the storm without too much damage.  It could have been so much worse.  Happy to read it has now been approved😍

AMY, I loved the little girl asking if you have smiled yet today.....so cute and yes, such an important thing to do in our lives.  I know you were so happy to have the roof install done.....that pounding can go on your nerves and I know the doggies were glad! 

Well, I managed to loose my post already....it is so easy to do on this iPad!  I was smart to make a save, so did not loose it all.

SHIRLEY, I am just shaking my head at your continued problems.  It is just pitiful the service one gets these days, and I don't care what or who you are dealing with.....it is just plain and simple, NO ONE DOES THEIR JOB ANYMORE.  I wrote more to you, but it was lost....so you are saved by not having to hear all I had to say! 

LLOYD, I am ill just reading the latest news you have shared!  This just seems so wrong!  If there was nothing signed, it does not seem that scammer has a leg to stand on!  I understand the concerns you have in that you can not afford a lawyer, but I also think there has to be someone that can help you out without money up front.  Know that I am praying for you and Nancy and hope this can be figured out....you just can not loose your home!  And after all is said and done.....it would take quite a long time and a lot of court stuff before they can MAKE you leave the property, so if all else fails, just hang in there and wait them out! 

I am sorry that I have not commented to everyone that said something to me.  I am going to do my best to not get this behind again.

Enjoy your day,

Jenny

🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Amy

Weather dictated our day...no fair. We struck out and thought that just maybe by the time we got to the fair the rain would let off but it didn't. So instead we found out my sister's new place and stopped for a visit. Then since it was still raining we went cross country to the choco factory, quilt store and cheese factory. All in all a fantastic day.
Time to put my feet up. :)
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

This has been a good day for me, too, and now I'm off to hit the hay.  I wish you all a peaceful sleep and a happy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

SHIRLEY, get the lights!

Lloyd Hammond

Good morning everyone. thanks for the thoughts and prayores. we went to look at a house yesterday in a small town. it has three small bedrooms we do not need that many,so i could use one for our computer room. It has a two car attached garage and a medium size shop building not attached to house. would be a good place to store my wood working equipment and lumber. Nancy wants to give up and getaway from Bob and the mess. I want to get and keep her in better spirits if possible. the Lawyer we contacted says he thinks we can win but says long and dragged out and costly. Nancy is more stressed out than I am. the weakened is shot i am going to try to see  another Lawyer Tuesday. and not talk with Nancy about the mess so as to keep her upset. so keep it and us in your  prayers.Thanks.

Lloyd

Shirley

Lloyd, I do hope you and Bob can think back over the years to how much you did and meant to each other. Only the two of you know what was said and what each of you meant. Maybe this is the time for you & Nancy to retire into town and take the temptation of injuring youself again, but it takes you and Bob to come out with a reasonable agreement of price so you can each walk away feeling you were treated fairly. No lawyer can make it right in either of your heads and living in peace with the choices and promises you've made will be a happier rest of your life for all. Nobody (including me) can know what is fair but the two of you but you can't talk about it angry... besides, angry is bad for your blood pressure. Go talk to God about it. So that is my thoughts of your problem, no judgement, just work it out and save the lawyer money. I will remember you in my prayers, that you can work it out without any more hard feelings, that you can both walk away feeling you were fair to each other. God Bless. Shirley

Amy

Good frosty morning everyone..
Fire is on and chasing away the chill, soon it will be on most of the day.Guess I was over tired and couldn't get to sleep last night till about 3 am..

A day of rest here, only thing I want to do is make yogurt in the IP and we know how easy that is. :thumbup: Will play Frisbee with the pup as I was too tuckered to play last night and he really looks forward to that time.

Lloyd,  prayers for you and Nancy to get through this. Must admit that house sounds perfect for the both of you..shop/garage for you and a smaller home for Nancy to look after.

Better go get dressed ,slept in again.

Enjoy your day everyone.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Gloria

Good morning everyone, looks like we will no have rain today HOORAY. I is supposed to get out of the 50's and into the mid 60's today and partly cloudy-at least that is what the weather guesser just said. Maybe I will get outside for a bit of fresh air. My son didn't make it here yesterday and I sure missed him. He is still working on the mess in my old apartment. His wife's brother must have left it a real mess. In the more than 5 years he lived there I guess he did not do anything. Son's oldest daughter and her "significant other" have been going on week ends to help him clean and paint and every thing that needs doing. With her living in there he will know it will be clean.

AMY  got a laugh at what you said about the witch getting someone worse than her. Just about every one in here says she will get old one day and hope she gets what she is treating us like we are her prisoners and she is the strict warden. As the saying goes "what goes round comes round". She will get what she deserves one day. Enjoy the Fair and those old cars. Those cars are something my oldest son loves look‌ing at when he goes to local fairs. Soup weather here, too. Guess I better look for the recipes and see if I can find them.

JANE  like you I like brown gravy and I always used Gravy Master, maybe because my Mom always used it. I tried Gravy Master once and thought it tasted different.

LLOYD  so sad that your long time friend Bob is not a good friend after all. Terrible when we can no longer trust many people. Good luck to you.

SHIRLEY  good advice to Lloyd.

Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

JaneS

Well, here I sit....all dressed up and no place to go!  I actually got the ice scraped off the car windows and was on my way to church.  I got as far as the corner (2 houses away), turned the corner and I couldn't see anything for the fog!  I really do not like fog!  I don't see any real use for it and it's the cause of a lot of accidents.  I'm sitting here feeling sorry for myself for not being able to go to church this morning.  Now you all see why I don't like the colder weather!

I'm not sure what I'll do today but it's going to have to be something to make me feel better about missing church. 

SHIRLEY, what you said to LLOYD was just what I would have said if I were smarter!  It was good advice and I hope he reads it. 

LLOYD, it sounds like you might have found a perfect house for you and Nancy to retire to but I hope you can do something about your lost friendship before you make major changes in your life.

Shirley

Jane, I believe that God knows when you've tried hard to get to church and can't, he pays extra attention to your "one on one" talk with him. I also fear fog more than anything but black ice.... then you really gotta watch out for the nuts!  Wishing you a happy day, enjoy the pups & give yourselves a tasty treat & watch TV. Time to bring out the hot chocolate. I got some mini marshmellows yesterday at Wally World.  :thumbup:  I love a slice of white bread toasted & lots of butter with mine. Yum... I also love a piece of toast with butter & sugar/cinnamon brought to a bubble in the toaster oven.

Lloyd, I thought about you at church this morning, hoped I didn't say something wrong. I have a bad habit of talking like a sister to everyone... (only I hear my mother's words coming out). All my life I've tried to be the "Peace Maker".... because my mother used to quote... "Blessed are the Peacemakers".... and that sounded like a job for me. One time when my daughter was young she asked my why I always took everybody else's side. Had to think about that and told her I was NEVER taking anyone's side, I just wanted her to think how it looked from the other person's point of view. I do hope you & Bob can resolve the problems and come to a happy solution for all of you. I understand Nancy's wish to just get away from the stress. I think everyone in here has been hoping you would stay away from that heavy equipment & danger plus the hard work that goes with farming. You can stay busy with your love of wood working and travel. Hugs to you for a peaceful outcome.

Gloria, my son has also been too busy to get by, his daughter & husband bought a bigger house so he it totally tied up with helping them. All the little tasks he did for her at this last house will have to be done all over. His retirement has doubled his work!  So far I am shocked at the lack of color on any trees. I didn't think it was so dry the leaves would just turn brown & drop off, but nothing pretty here. Got some warmer days ahead, up to the 70s. We did have frost yesterday. I've got a crick or something in my left knee.... not the bone but muscle around. Have to plant that leg before standing on it, feels like it could leave me flat on the floor. I go barefoot all summer & had started wearing house shoes this week...maybe they caused the knee to twist...these wood floors are cold, also wandered if the cold wind got to those muscles. Maybe I need to order some of that cream you got for your back. Did you order from Amazon or from the TV ad? 

Amy, this morning when I left the house I thought I saw a bright moon to the west, so I fumbled around in my purse to find my cell, turned it on & when I came to the corner where I thought I could get a good shot.... there was NO MOON! I have no idea what I saw before, not time for it to have disappeared past the horizon but nothing that remotely looked like a bright moon! I also had a restless/sleepless night, not normal for me. Think we deserve a nap????

Good morning to everyone that stops by today! Think I will go fix me a mug of hot chocolate (got Swiss Miss) & cinnamon toast & stretch out on the bed & nap. A day of rest would be nice!

JaneS

My SIL is a hunter and I usually get some of the fallout from his hunting trips for Cristmas.  I had an early Christmas last week when my daughter and granddaughter came.  They brought a cooler with 8 packs of Elk burger for an early surprise for me from my SIL.  Today, I made it up into my favorite meat loaf recipe but shaped it into burgers and broiled them.  I have six meals ready.  Later I'll bake a couple sweet potatoes to go with them and maybe cook a package of my frozen corn off the cob that I have in my freezer.  Anyone want to join me for dinner?

SHIRLEY, I think you're right about Him listening to my apology for not making it to church.  But I really hated to miss today.  This one was special.  Our Bishop was there for a visit and did the service.  I've not heard this bishop and I was looking forward to today's service.

Guess I'll go get some lunch and then see what's on TV on Sunday afternoon.  Maybe I'll take the doggies for a walk.  The sun has finally broken through!  Hope you are all enjoying your day!

Denver

A good Sunday HELLO TO EVERYFRIEND 🙏🙏

JANE, I am sad that you were not able to continue on your way
to Church......and I understand why it was going to be a special service🙏

SHIRLEY, you were spot on with what you told LLOYD.  When you have a friendship with someone for so many years it should not end like this. 

LLOYD, prayers and good thoughts for strength as you try to straighten out this mess aka misunderstanding🙏

We are getting ready to sit down and watch the Bronco Game🏈🏈

A friend sent this to me this morning and I sure enjoyed it....
I hope you all will to

http://wallythekat.tripod.com/A_Pages/AA-Videos-YOU-Tube/NFL.html

Enjoy your day❣️

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

JaneS

Just stopping by to say "Good Night Everyfriend".  I'm off to bed in a few minutes.  I wish you all a peaceful night and a happy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

SHIRLEY, you'll have to get the lights.  Jenny's already been by!

Shirley

Finished grinding all that roast & cleaned up my mess. Also got the blackberries I had a rain check for.. half price for one day only... but they didn't get any in that day!  I cooked them into a sort of syrup.... tastes good on bread or anything else blackberries are good with. I got busy & let the pot boil over onto the stove, just enough to make an extra mess. All done & I am ready to crash. Will turn out the lights, sprinkle some of Joan's Angel Dust.... sweet dreams and God Bless.  Shirley

Gloria

Good morning everyone, looks like I am back to waking early again but  then I have been getting to sleep early. Yesterday turned out to be a warm sunny day and I did spend a lot of time outside, even walked around the parking lot a few times. After 6 days of rain the sun and warmth was so welcome. No wonder I was asleep a little after 8 last night.

JANE  sorry you missed church yesterday, driving in fog is bad and I have done it a few times and was glad when I got to my destination. Mostly it was to work in the mornings.

SHIRLEY  hot cocoa with buttered toast and sugar and cinnamon, yummy. I enjoy that on a cold day. I have tried so many different products that didn't work as good. Sure do not need much of it either. I just typed the name on the computer and it brought me to the site.

JANE  would love to join you for an elk burger. Have not had elk but had bear, moose and of course venison and loved the difference in the flavor.

JENNY  I saved the link and watched it, WONDERFUL. Thanks for sharing it. Sure is different now when some of those players will not stand up for the country that has given them so much.

SHIRLEY  bet that blackberry syrup would be good over a dish of ice cream.

Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  First off, GLORIA, that black raspberry syrup IS good over a dish of ice cream.  I've made and canned it for several years now and I can tell you that with conviction!

It's cold here but I don't think it's foggy this morning. I could see the lights down at the corner pretty well when the doggies and I were outside.  This morning I have to get up the road to work so I'm glad the fog is gone. 

Thanks for taking care of the lights, SHIRLEY!  And I know how the stove gets when you boil over anything wth sugar in it!  Not fun to do when your getting tired anyway!

The doggies and I are waiting for the boinger and I'm taking the time to make a batch of dog food so I have to watch the time and get back to work.  The meat is cooked and I don't want to finsh it until it's time to feed the doggies because they think when it's finihed, they should eat it.  Sometimes I wonder how they know what it is I'm working on because they only beg for certain things.

Amy

Good morning everyone.

Calling for more rain today, need it too! Not sure what is happening today, I do hope to sneak in some sewing later on though.

Jane, I hate driving in fog...we have had fog so thick you couldn't see the centre line on the road! I am more than happy to stay at home when it is like that. Have a great day at work.

Shirley, I can attest to Jane's blackberry syrup....tis good to the last drop!!!

Gloria, yesterday was lovely here also. Nice to get out and enjoy the good weather for we know what is coming next.

Jenny, really enjoyed the video, thank you for sharing.

Enjoy your day everyone.

Jimmy Dean

Shirley

Not light outside yet, been up nearly 2 hours and seriously thinking about going back for a few more zzzzzzzzzzs.  Jenny, your link put the starch back into my step so may just get busy instead. What has happened to our patriotism? How heart warming to see people from both sides of the political party standing side by side instead of slinging insults and accusations! Many thanks for the link, I copied and will send to my brother, we remind each other of those days long ago when everyone waved a flag.

Back when the kids were little we would drive from western KS to eastern TN, leave the house when he got off work to make the 18 hour drive with kids sleeping in the back as much as possible. Many times we would hit Kentucky when the fog was so thick all we could see was the white line just feet in front of the bumper. Those winding roads & drop off cliffs.... and when it got light there would be a banner saying, "Jesus Saves" stretched between the hills down below. Always a couple wrecked cars at the bottom that were rusted out. Those trips were a nightmare to me. By the time we got there my ribs would be sore from leaning over the seat to take care of kids, no seat belts back then. We took sandwiches & water to last until we got there. I had an evil way of getting to stop besides when we needed gas.... I would pour Cas coffee until his eyeballs floated and HE had to stop!  :2funny: Good ole days???

Amy & Jane, you pet lovers will understand about the cats getting a few bites of that roast when I was grinding it. They do beg and seem to delight when one gets something & the others aren't around. I had heard that cats had to stay on one type food, didn't get extras like a dog. These cats didn't read that book, since they roam free & eat whatever they want outside, they will eat anything I offer. Tiger is picky but if it is meat, she eats!

Gloria, that blackberry syrup tastes really good but was remembering how Mother would pour hers through cheese cloth to get the seeds out. Wonder if you can buy cheese cloth anymore?  I had a couple empty Smucker's squeeze bottles, strawberry, that I bought for camping trips to CO... saved the bottles & works great for the blackberry syrup.

Guess I better get dressed or do something... hopefully the guys from Home Advisor will show up at 11:00 am to tear down that little building & haul off. My knee is still testing me, have to be careful how I plant that foot down so I don't go down with it. Don't remember twisting it or anything.... maybe I need to have another look at leg warmers... always my knees that object to the cold.  Have a Merry Monday, Every Friend!

phyllis

Good morning,  It is nice sunny day here and supposed to be warm.  I have laundry today and that is about it.

I'm so sorry to read of Lloyd's troubles.  I pray that things will work out for the better for him and Nancy.

Shirley, I hope the Home Adviser thing works out for the better for you, too.  I thought about contacting them to get my deck painted but think I'll wait until I see how things worked for you.

Breakfast time so I must go.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Shirley

Phyllis, I am sort of walking the floor waiting on them to show up. Still have an hour & 15 min before I unlock the gates. I will be disappointed if they don't show at all but will not be surprised if price of what they can do for the small amount charged, is not incorrect .... I've already convinced myself that I will give them a bonus (cash) if that person/persons agrees they will get the job done. To be honest, the lady/girl I talked to (in Vermont) sounded sort of "ditsy"... if you know what I mean. She certainly got the paperwork all screwed up, I've never been called Jake before but 2 e-mails addressed to Jake are in my mail box, Jake's name & phone number but MY address & e-mail. I honestly think I will find someone local that will give me an estimate for a job & wait to be paid when the work is done... with a check or cash, not have a credit card number floating around. My daughter & good friend have had excellant experiences with them, maybe I just happened to get someone new at the call center.  I think I told you that one of the girls I graduated with couldn't make the reunion because her husband was in the middle of your kind of spell. I felt so smart knowing what it was all about, thanks to you.

Amy

Not warming up very much so I put a fire on.. Made a pot of bean soup in the IP..throw everything it program it and I went and sewed. Everything was perfect including the beans which I didn't soak before hand. No recipe, just grab and dump.

Talked with son and he is in Louisiana with his a/c on!! Thankfully we haven't had the snow out west in Manitoba, they are now under a state of emergency over 2 feet of snow.

Jimmy Dean

Sandy

Good Morning Everyone from the
cool,  sunny and very pleasant,
rocky coast of Maine.   

Nice Fall Day !

I will be getting my right eye
operated on on November 12 th
to have the cateract removed.     

I am pleased that they do not have
to do both eyes because I can not see
out of my left eye.    They are not making
me stop my blood thinner...   (HOORAY)

So I am very pleased but still normally
nervous about having this surgery done. 

I am looking forward to seeing better out
of my right eye.

And hoping for the best all around
on "operation day" !

Otherwise,  All is well here.
Sandy
 8)
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

JaneS

SHIRLEY, you can still buy Cheese cloth.  I have about 3 packages of it in my work drawer.  I did not use it for the black raspberry syrup because I have a very fine strainer that I use for that purpose.  I dislike using cheesecloth and will not use it if I have any alternative!

I hope your guy showed up and did your work and your pleased with the results.

JENNY, I liked your video too.  Forgot to say so earlier but my excuse is that I was in a hurry getting ready for work.

Today was a good day but I'm tired and ready to relax for the evening.  I still have to dunk Annies butt in vinegar water but I think we're getting rid of the "itchies".  She's more like her old self and isn't scratching on everything she passes.

SANDY, the cataract surgery was not  bad at all.  I had both eyes done at different times.  I wish you well with yours!

Now I'm going off and relax until the dogs begin to bug me for supper!  Enjoy the rest of your day!

Amy

Fire is crackling , nice and warm in here.  Just came in from playing Frisbee....have no idea of what Jessie will do when winter comes and we get a lot of snow!!While out  one crow started to caw, then the rest started..loud..I watched the sky and then saw what the warning was about. ..a juvenile bald eagle was flying over us.

Shirley, cats/dogs  all like treats and as long as it is safe these dogs get some...Jessie happens to like pumpkin pie :)Hope your day went well.

Jenny, thank you..the soup is hearty and will hit the spot tomorrow!

Sandy, good luck on the surgery. I have heard nothing but good for that surgery, in fact my friend didn't need his glasses anymore!!

Phyliss, happy to see you are feeling better.

Jane, you snuck in on me.. I use a coffee filter, one that is used in the BIG coffee pots  for my yogurt.

May go sew a bit more..
Jimmy Dean

Shirley

If I am supposed to turn out the lights tonight, everybody get ready for bed! This is one tired old lady. Happy to report the guy from Home Advisor is a keeper, did a better than expected job in the time alloted. Since I expected the job to cost more, I gave him (his wife came with the truck to help load up the stuff)... a nice bonus & hope to use them again. Could not be happier. This is one hard working couple, I doubt if even 40 yet.

Got a call in to the lawn guys to see which day they want to come so I can plan a half day trip to the DMV...to get car/RV tags & pay the state tax on both. Then a sit down with the roofer so we can get a bill made out for actual costs & pay him off. As it stands now, my share of pay is $3,500. & hope it doesn't go any higher. It might but shouldn't. Not sure how KS got that law that even though I have full replacement (no deductable for age on anything)... except the roof is co-pay of 1% of policy coverage. That is based on what it would cost to completely rebuild the house. Can't change it & get ahead so leaving as is.

I am brain & body tired tonight, don't even want to think to watch TV. Cats had their final meal, Callie went to the garage door, she found her heated bed & was in it almost all day. Bless her heart, don't know how old she is but she appreciates not having to be outside. She/they went down to the river with me & she is the first to be at the top when I come up. I dozed off waiting for the "kids" to get back with the truck to pick up the rest of the stuff. Didn't get but a little over 5 hours sleep & that one cat nap.

Sandy, my eye doctor insisted I need cataracts removed & I am not ready. I read without glasses but understand that will end with the surgery. I can thread a sewing machine needle on the first try (without glasses) so hate to give that up. My problem is distance & think this doctor just doesn't take time to fit glasses properly. I do wish you the best. My father was so thrilled with his surgery he was like a kid. I saw him a few days later & he was telling me how good he could see.. he stuck out his arm & said, "see that chigger?" Not sure if y'all know what a chigger is, but next to impossible to see. So I said, "Oh, Daaaddddd..." to which he cracked..." did you see it blink?"  I was delighted he was so pleased. Hope you have the same results.

Amy, isn't it a thrill to see an eagle... even a baby? I have not see the eagles as much this summer and never heard if any nested around here. Should see the osprey stop by on it's way south one of these days. It hangs around for a few days before heading on each spring & fall. It should love my fat fish this time!!! I expect fish will hide out while it is around. I did get a photo of it one year as it dropped down & plucked a big fish, almost as long as it's own body... & took off with it dripping water. Doesn't take a lot to make me happy.  ::)

Jane, I got out my flour sifter that has the handle that wiggles to move the little bar on the screen. Washed it up & will see if I want to remove seeds, have not had a problem eating them so may not bother. I can't remember how Mother anchored the cheese cloth to strain through.... but since we ate blackberry cobbler & it had the seeds in... not sure why I thought I should remove them.

We warmed back up, comfortable without a jacket but a vest feels just right during the day. Something very satisfying about fall weather when it is "just right". Makes me feel like smiling & closing my eyes in peace. Sweet dreams to all. Shirley

Lloyd Hammond

well it is time to wish you all good Night and sweet dreams.we got help today and got most of the cattle shipped. four and one calf got away from us so another day. this old man is tired. so I am headed to hit the hay. Hope to see you all tomorrow.

Lloyd

JaneS

SHIRLEY I prefer jam over jelly so I don't take the seeds out for that but when I make syrup, I do take out the seeds.  But only use the strainer. 

I'm off to bed now so I wish you all a peaceful sleep and a happy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

P.S. I turned out the brights and left the night light!

so_P_bubble