Random Image

National Peanut Butter Day

Owner: phyllis
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

May 10, 2024, 11:07:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-05-06, 01:46:51
junee: Bubble

2024-05-06, 01:46:39
junee: b

2024-05-02, 00:44:41
Oldiesmann: Relevant links can be found in topics in the Homemaking, Food & Garden board. I'll see about moving them over to articles here when I get a chance.

2024-05-02, 00:07:54
Oldiesmann: Found them. They're on the CP site: https://www.christianphotographers.com/recipes/recipeindex.html

2024-05-01, 23:57:58
Oldiesmann: I'm not finding anything related to recipes on the site. I'll do some digging through the Internet Archive and see if I can dig them up. It's possible that got lost in the big server crash back in 2016

2024-05-01, 17:21:56
JeanneP: I am trying to get into the Archives of the Recipes that where moved over from Senior net few years ago, Can't find them

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

Soda Shoppe for October 15, 2019

Started by so_P_bubble, October 15, 2019, 01:28:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Hammond

good Morning everyone. well I had the best night's sleep I have had in a long time. Nancy did not rest as good tow as I did. we Had a meeting with the lawyer yesterday. He set up a draft and forwarded it to the judges. I last night said in My Prayers that God would help it to be settled properly. so I slept very well. It is cloudy and 42º today calling for sunny and 54º this afternoon. Hope you all have a great day today and even a better tomorrow.

Lloyd

Shirley

Having a nice roll call this morning!  I've had breakfast & so have all 3 cats... and it is still dark!  Thank you all for the concern about my leg. Hope I'm not just being ME (stubborn, pig-headed, etc).... You'd think by this age we would have seen it all but when asked for a pain measure yesterday, I explained, "I've had 3 babies & open heart surgery...this ranks right up there". Only problem, this is lasting longer than any of those other pains & I am not a good patient!

Not sure we got anything but mist overnight, must be cold because the furnace has been running overtime. Tom is teasing Tiger & she growls so I will fuss at him. She knows what she is doing, typical brother & sister.

Son, Andy, is going camping with the Boy Scouts this week end. He keeps his certification updated to teach for the CPR badge, he loves working with kids. Makes me sad he never got to be a scout because the mother/leader didn't want him in the pack.... said "it counted against their pack if the fathers didn't attend meetings". I just commented that, "those were the boys that needed scouting the most"... and let it go. That was the time when his father was out of town from Monday to Friday for most of the year & thought it pretty stinky to move their meetings to the basement so Andy couldn't get up & down the steps with the braces on his legs. Funny how memories come back and can still make you feel bad, especially when it hurt one of your kids.

Wishing all a great week end, I'm excited about the cooler weather but will admit the cold sure is colder than other years! I dug out my "lady's long johns"... nylon so stops the wind & keeps the legs/knees much warmer. Careful what you pray for, Gloria... can come back to bite you!

Busy week end & early part of next week. Cardio appointment on Monday & got to get the RV winterized by Tuesday since a freeze that night. Do not want water lines to break. I am anxious to find time to have that young couple come help me get caught up with yard & house work. The tall grass (Pampas, tall striped from my mother & cane) needs to be cut down, bundled for trash, that is a big job for one. I used to help Cas but have done it myself since. Have a tree that needs branches trimmed that are growing near power lines... have a long pole clipper that reaches but don't think I'm strong enough & don't want the pole to topple onto the power lines. Anyway, have plenty of work that needs to be done. Life does go on, right?

Amy, that quote of June's has always been a favorite of mine, don't have it on this computer but will get the exact words later. You remember better than I do. Sorry Rex hurt his leg again.  :'( 

Lloyd, hope all works out, sounds like you are more at peace with this. Hugs to you & Nancy.

phyllis

Good morning!  The sun is up and it looks like a nice day even if "they" are telling us it is supposed to be cloudy and rain coming on the weekend.

I made it to and from the grocery store yesterday.  I knew I was getting low on supplies but didn't realize how low until the cashier told me the bill.  Whew!  Well, the fridge, the freezer, and larder are full again so I guess we won't starve....at least for awhile.  One of the things I bought were some nice looking apples (on sale) so I'll be making applesauce today.  We eat a lot of applesauce, when it is available, so I try to keep some in the fridge all the time but, we haven't had any for several days so I must get busy.

I'm glad to read that life is looking a little brighter for some of you now and hope it continues that way.

I love that saying from June, too.  Thanks for reminding me of it, Shirley.  I still miss June and her wonderful wisdom about life.

Take care, All.
phyllis
Cary,NC

JaneS

Good Morning Afternoon Everyfriend!  It's been a short day for me and it's getting shorter.  I seem to move slower and slower.  I'm really glad this work day is over.

I want to thank everyfriend for the prayers and thoughts you've been sending my way.  The time waiting for the test results is a hard time but I try not to think about it.  I decided yesterday that I'm not going to worry about anything that I can't do anything about and as soon as that thought went through my mind I felt better. 

SHIRLEY, I'm glad you let the dr. in on your leg problem.  I hope you find it possible to do the test before it turns to something worse

LLOYD, good for you, leaving it in God's hands!

I'm craving a snooze now so I think I'll see if there are any zzzzzzs left on the sofa.  My eyelids feel so heavy, I'm finding it hard to keep them open.  The doggies have had a walk and a little snack so they should be good for a while.  Wish me luck!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Amy

We are home and have everything put away. Our day was long, full of stops but all in all a good day. Even managed to get Kyle's super flu shot on the way home.

Now I am more than ready to put my feet up .

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Shirley

Well, I left a long whining message & see it didn't stick! Got up at 4:00 am & did everything to get on the road to MO... but cats were hiding as soon as they had their breakfast so took a shower & washed my hair before daylight. Naturally the cats saw the cage in the entry hall & disappeared. I looked everywhere, even with my sore leg. Finally Tom came out & I put him in the cage & carried him to the RV, by the time I got him from my front door to the RV door he had already thrown up on the clean bed in the cage. I cleaned up the cage & brought it back in to take Tiger out. She was still hiding so decided I'd leave them both here in the house. Brought Tom back so they could stay inside with plenty dry food & water. Got the power unplugged from the garage & put up the jacks... tires felt funny so I stopped right around the corner to have a look. Stepped out the side door, all looked okay so went to climb back in & put too much pressure on that bad leg & it crumbled, snap'pop & lucky I was holding onto the door with one hand & rail inside with the other. I pulled myself inside & crawled to the driver's seat & got me right back home. Thought I'd never get in the garage but managed to sit on the wood floor by the steps from the garage & scooted myself through to the carpeted hall to the bedrooms. Changed from my jeans to the loose pants I wore to the Dr yesterday, to be prepared to have another trip for xray this time. Dr's nurse said he was waiting to deliver a baby so I needed to get to the ER & he would have my papers ready. Andy had planned to leave for the Boy Scout camp, he keeps his CPR certificate up to date so the boys can get badges for his training, they count on him. I insisted he get on the road, couple hundred miles to the scout campground as soon as he brought me home. Anyway, spent the day getting a doppler & XRay, no blood clots & NO broken bones.... some fluid on the knee & will have to have MRI next week. Dr called after I got home & said to ice it & rest.. have a brace on it & ace bandage. Both off because I'm going to bed. I really have had better days!  :o  ::)

Lloyd Hammond

Good Night and sweet dreams. Hope you all had a good day. Hope to see you all tomorrow. we seen the Lawyer today set things in motion to get our place back in our hands and Name.

Lloyd

JaneS

OH SHIRLEY!  I'm so sorry to hear you've missed your reunion but I'm really glad you'e doing something about your leg.  And isn't it lucky that thappened so close t home!  What if you'd been midway! 

I'm going to bed now and on my way, I'll say a prayer for anyone who needs it with specials for SHIRLEY!  I wish you all a peaceful sleep and a happier tomorrow. 

Denver

SHIRLEY, I am so sad to read your post about how your day progressed.  I feel so bad as I know you wanted to go to MO family reunion n the worse way and you did everything you could to try to make it happen😩😤 Happy to read that the leg problem is not a blood clot, but clearly there is something causing the pain.  Seems the kitties did their best to try to not get you to go 🙀🙀.  Happy Andy was able to help you but then was able to get on his way to the Boy Scout Camp.  I hope you can take it easy and I a: so glad there were no broken bones involved.  HUGS to you my dear friend🙏🙏

AMY, good to read that Kyle got his super flu shot, but what about YOU? 

LLOYD, I hope and pray you can get your home legally back!

PHYLLIS, glad you were able to get the grocery shopping done, as it appears you were getting pretty low on staples around your home.  I let things get down around here too before we left for our California trip, so now I need to do so shopping for sure tomorrow as we have a big ol storm heading our way that may last three days and then continue to be quite cold. 

Pleasant dreams to all. 

Jenny

🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Amy

Good morning everyone..
Looking to be a lovely day out there.Laundry will not be long drying on the line. Need to empty the hot tub and refill it today to.
Shirley I do believe your guard kittes were trying to tell you something :)) Happy to read NO blood clot!!

Jane, hope you have a wonderful day today, no matter what you do or don't do.

Jenny, I don't get the flu shot, never have. I did bend my rules and get a Shingrix shot. I just take vitamins been lucky so far on not taking prescriptive meds.

Got company coming at 9 so better rattle my bones and move it.

Enjoy your day everyone.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I've made some major decisions over the past few days and I feel much better.  My blood pressure also seems to be coming down so I guess it was the right thing to do.  I go for a monitor at the dr.s office on Tuesday and that will check her readings against the ones on the monitor that I bought this week.  And I've decided that "what will be will be" when it comes to the tissue test in my jaw.  And the most important, I think I won't wait for the first of the year to retire.  I think I'll do it right after Thanksgiving....maybe even before.  And I think that decision had the best effect on my BP.

And now, I'm not even going to think about that any more.  I've going to think about how to pinch pennies and I've always been pretty good at that.

JENNY, Winter is on the way here, too.  I hear geese passing over every day and today, they are very noisy over on the pond.  When that happens, the cold weather is not far away.  And unlike some of the folks in here, I don't crave the cold.  I love Spring and Frll the best.  My kids told me that if I wan Spring and Farll year round, I have to move to Hawaii.  I think I'll just continue accepting things as they are! 

I wish you all a lovely day!
Make it your own in every way!

Gloria

Good morning everyone, a cloudy dark gloomy one here. Might as well keep the shades down and the lights on.

AMY  blood clots in the leg can move. A niece about 40 years ago was in the hospital because of one and it moved to her heart and she died leaving 5 young children and husband. He did a great job raising them on his own. Sorry about Rex. Hard to keep a dog from jumping and running. Every year they talk about not changing the time but nothing comes of it. Arizona keeps the same time all year.

LLOYD  I think we are all praying that things work out good for you.

SHIRLEY  I have my long johns ready and waiting for the cold days when I go outside. That and my sweat pants. Warmer than jeans when the wind blows and makes it colder. Been so nice lately I have been walking around the parking lot and that feels great.

PHYLLIS  I made some applesauce yesterday. I love it on a slice of toast or in my oatmeal. I loved the way June could express herself, always the right words. I know last week when my son asked if I wanted to go to the market I said a big YES and spent more than $200.-

JANE  I learned years ago it does no good to worry about things we cannot change. It only makes us worry more.

SHIRLEY OUCH  I know how it feels to put your weight on a hurting leg. I have done that, too. I have learned to put my weight on my right leg and when I get into a car or go up a few stairs it is one step at a time.

JENNY  no mention of snow here yet. The longer it holds off the less I worry about family driving in it.

AMY  when I was still working I never got the flu shot but now I do every year.

JANE  I think making the decision to retire is a good one. I know you will miss the paycheck but you health is worth more than money.

Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone.  yesterday was Nancy and my anniversary. we went up our oldest daughter's and Son in Laws and had a good feed and fellowship. it Is 38º and clear but weather guesser say's we are in for rain snow and colder weather starting Monday all through the weak. well it is that time of year. I got the little orphan calf in the pin Nichole is going to come get it and let her children raise as a for H project. I am going to go get more range cubes and try to coaches the Last two cows in and genital down so can catch and haul them to the sale bairn. will be out of cattle business then. Maybe rent land to other cattle people. Have a great day friends.

Lloyd

Joy

Good morning,

I am not fully awake, but just wanted to comment on Shirley's message. I am so sorry that your plans came to an abrupt halt, but glad that you didn't break anything and no blood clot.  I know you must be so disappointed, but just be glad that you weren't on the road when you fell.  Could have been a whole different story.  Glad that your son was able to help you and then get on with his plans.  You really need to slow down a little bit.  And, I know how hard that is going to be for you.  I sure will be thinking of you.

And, Jane, it sounds like you have made some very important decisions and I know you will accept things as they come.  I am keeping you in my thoughts that all your tests will come out great. Only you know how you feel, and your decisions will be what you want to do.  You will be missed by all your special customers, but you know best what you need to do.  I just wish you nothing but lots of good luck and happy and restful days ahead. Like most people I know who have retired, you will wonder how you found time to work. LOL  You will have lots of time to make lots of goodies !!! Keeping you in my thoughts. \

It still is too early for anything interesting to happen, I need to start the dishwasher and read for a little while, before I get on with my day.

Have a wonderful day.

Joy

BIG BOX

Mary Ann

Jane, when I came home after my retirement party, I wondered if I had done the right thing.  I think I wondered about 10 minutes, then decided I had done the right thing.  I've been retired 33 years now and don't regret a minute of it.  Norm used to say I was the happiest retiree he knew of.  As Joy said, you'll wonder how you ever had time to work. 

I think the cold water part of my bathtub is on the fritz because I had the hottest shower I've ever had and I could not get the temperature to cool off.  My showers are always short, but this was shorter.

If we're lucky, Tom is going to take me on a color tour in the area today.  We hope to visit a friend in Sheridan MI.

Mary Ann

Shirley

Mary Ann, your hot shower reminds me of the week one bathroom had HOT and other bathroom had COLD working shower faucets. Not a good way to shower & wash hair! Hope you get it fixed fast, either extreme almost stops the heart, doesn't it?

My DIL brought over the walker her mother used, basic walker since she had Alzheimer's & couldn't understand how to operate anything, phones, TV remote, etc. I know I will need one with the seat & brakes... might know, I will need brakes always being in a rush. ::)   So I'd really appreciate all advice since me & Amazon will get together after while. I remember someone mentioning bigger wheels, I know I want one with a seat & means to haul a cup of coffee without spilling. My floors are solid oak/wide plank, black slate entry hall (travel between bedroom wing & kitchen/family/dining rooms & garage) & white carpet in bedrooms, bathrooms & hall. I couldn't find any with rubber wheels (does it make a difference?). I am 5'1"... short legs for sure. Left leg doesn't bend at all right now so kind of slide it along on hardwood. I have a medium tall bar stool that I am using this morning... I lift & move it along but have a place to sit when I stop, I poured that cup of coffee in the travel thermos with lid). If any of you have an opinion (like or dislike) and a link to what you would like (from Amazon...I have 2 day free shipping with Prime).... I find it totally confusing with all that's offered. One that looked like a good choice I read reviews & scared me... seems it was ideal for TALL men & I'm concerned if it will close enough to fit my short legs. How do you measure yourself for size for seating or standing?  Until the MRI, guess we won't know if the tendons, whatever all those muscles that hold the knee joint together are called... are pulled, damaged or torn apart. My son-in-law had the same issue last week & immediately went to the sports orthopedic that put him on pain meds & exercises... problem with that is he exercised & threw his back out so in more trouble because he didn't have the pain to warn him he was over doing. Sure is a learning & lesson for me. With all the horses I've been bucked off & falls & dumb things in my almost 85 years, I've never "blown a knee" before. I have a scar on the knee cap that the cut went to the bone, could see the white bone... and did not even go to the doctor, not sure if 10-15 years old & never told my parents. I have been a terrible tomboy & still am, but letting pain rule this week! Biggest pity-party in history going on right now! Appreciate advice & opinions! Shirley

Amy

Shirley, I know of the abuse of ones body when young and not so young as I was the same. We would do things that if our parents knew we wouldn't be able to sit for a week!! Sneak in to ride horses and get peppered with rock salt, climb trees that kissed the clouds, you know all those fun things. :) Do what the Dr said, stay off it and put ice packs on it. I know NOT a fun thing to do but if you do it healing may be quicker.....and you do want it now!

Laundry is blowing on the line and I did go and see Rex...dear me he is not only back to square one but beyond and I sure hope the meds work for this boy.

Hear the laundry calling...
Jimmy Dean

Denver

SHIRLEY, I just sent you email with info about my cart.  I am very happy with mine and feel it would do well for you also.  I think Sandy ended up getting this one as well when she did all of her research.  You can get it in two days with Amazon Prime. 

JANE, you have been doing some real soul searching and I hope it is indeed giving you a bit of comfort that you have pretty much made the decision to retire.  I know this can not be an easy choice, but it probably is a good choice.  I am holding you in my thoughts and prayers as you ease through the final decision.  I have to admit that I would like to live in a "perfect" weather world, what ever that might be, but I do not think I would move to Hawaii even if I could afford to!  I do have to say though that Southern California weather is about as perfect to me as you can get.....but then you have wild fires and earthquakes to worry about.....so sitting tight and just dealing with what ever comes might still be the best choice🦋🦋

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY 💐LLOYD and NANCY💐

MARY ANN, I have heard when a water heater gets extremely hot that it might be going out on you.....I sure hope that is not the case for you!  I think Shirleys story takes the cake....one shower with hot water and the other with cold!  I would pass on both💥💥

AMY, I can appreciate your choice not to take the flu shot and it seems it is working out well for you.  I am glad you chose to get the shingle one though.....shingles are awful😩. I forgot to mention poor Rex.....poor doggie.  Sometimes I just feel like stopping all of my RX and supplements as I am not sure they work anyway🤬.

We are to get to 70* today, but then the temps will plummet!  We hope to get out and batten down the hatches as prepare for winter.....😤😤😤.

Have a super good Saturday EVERYFRIEND🦋

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Sandy

https://smile.amazon.com/Drive-Medical-Nitro-Rollator-Walker/dp/B009SOC9PI/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=drive+walker&qid=1572110549&sr=8-7

Shirley ....

I bought this Drive Rolltor Walker a
few months ago.    I hightly recommend it.  Everytime I go out people stop me and tell me how much they love my walker. 

This is the regular size one.  I bought the "tall" one as I like to stand up
straight when I use it.  I am 5 feet 5 inches now.. and the tall one is perfect for me. 

It is very well made and will last me a long long time... 
Best wishes and I think that this would be a good investment in your future walk
abouts..

Sandy
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Shirley

Thank you Sandy & Jenny... I couldn't find any place to choose size so hope I ordered the right one!!! Says it will be here Monday so daughter will be around to help put together if needed I will check to see in my confirmation e-mail if anything about regular or tall... I sure ain't tall. I also ordered a 5" seat riser for the commode... y'all find that a problem getting up & down? My 3 bathrooms all have "designer" commodes & are shorter than normal (original owners installed)... so really difficult when one leg does not bend at all.  :-\   Thank you for the links & hope I got the right one. Shirley

Amy

Shirley, do you have grab bars by the commode? When Kyle had difficulty with his knees a high rise commode was put in plus grab rails. You may want to look into them.
Jimmy Dean

Shirley

Amy, I really wanted the grab bars but afraid they would not fit these darn "designer" commodes. The ones that had the best ratings locked on & I know nothing about these are "standard".  Hope I didn't make a mistake. You know the saying, "I don't know nuthing about nuthing".... that's what I am dealing with. I've been sitting here too long, had to add some gift cards to my Amazon account, good thing I keep plenty spares...and get all those gas points for the elephant.

Amy

Shirley, no room on a wall close to the commode that a grab rail could be attached?
Jimmy Dean

Joy

I just had to add my little 2 cents worth to Shirley's story of getting a new commode.

My oldest son has a house that is totally not at all handicapped accessible.  Lots of levels with steps to each one.  I usually try to stay on one level when I am there.  Their main bathroom has a very low commode and I always used to have a terrible time getting up off of it. I would have to start laughing thinking what I must look like getting up.  So, a while ago, they made another bathroom taking a portion of one of their bigger bedrooms.  I was so excited when I saw they had put one on the newer higher commodes in it.  I had to laugh as I think it is pretty sad when you get so excited over a "Commode".  I asked my DIL if it was ok if I used that bathroom when I am there, as it is really a big help.  A little farther to walk to it, but well worth it. 

People who do not have any problems getting around and doing "normal" things, just don't understand what a nice handicapped accessible "thing"  can mean. 

The rollator walker that I have is a  "Nova" brand.  I love it.  It has a compartment under the seat and is a real pretty silvery-blue color. Easy to fold up and very comfortable to sit on.  I do not like the ones that has a basket or compartment that juts out in the front of the walker. It can get in the way at times.  And, if I think you have to remove it when you fold it up.   I will look and see if I can find one on Amazon.  I don't think it was as much as the one Sandy mentioned.

Will get back if I can find a link.

Joy

Here is a link I found for the one I have.  I don't know how high the seat is , as where I bought it, they fitted  the size to me.   Hope the link works.

https://senior.com/products/nova-medical-zoom-series-lightweight-folding-rollators-with-8-wheels?variant=15816989048919&currency=USD&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=google+shopping&adpos=1o1&scid=scplpshopify_US_1592755781719_15816989048919&sc_intid=shopify_US_1592755781719_15816989048919&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhZvByZS75QIVyZ-zCh1FUgNXEAYYASABEgLAmvD_BwE                                                                                                   
BIG BOX

Shirley

That does look like a good one, Joy... but I've already ordered the one Jenny & Sandy have. I also laughed about being pleased to find a 5" "seat" that will help.  Doesn't take much to make us happy, huh?   :2funny:

Amy, the wall next to the commode is ceramic tile & has built in paper holder, but I can hold onto the wall edge with one hand & the tub with the other... hope I didn't make a mistake with my choice. The one that looked the sturdiest with grab rails said it "locked on" and I was afraid it wouldn't fit this odd ball. I really loved how low these are when we first bought the house, especially after visiting a couple state or national parks in the west that had very high commodes. My feet wouldn't touch the floor & ever since had complete sympathy for what we put all the little children through with feet dangling! I have done much better today than I was doing last night but anxious to find out how long it will take to get me mobile again. Steps are at every turn & I never thought about them before! The cats are terrified of the walker & run to stay out of my way.

Thank you all for the concern & tips.... one more test of aging, I guess!  Sweet dreams & God Bless.  Shirley

Gloria

Good morning everyone. 46° now but will have only in the upper 50's with rain all day. Not a very nice weekend for those  who work all week.

LLOYD  nice that the calf will be raised with kids for a 4 H project. Good luck getting those 2 stubborn cows where you can get them.

JOY  it takes 2 cups of coffee before I am really awake, no matter what time I get up in the morning.

MARY ANN  I have been retired 23 years now and love it. No alarm clock set every night is the best part, dislike the sound of them.

SHIRLEY  if you can find a rollator with big wheels get it. Wish I had bigger wheels, hard pushing it over uneven grassy areas. But I did not know much about them when I got mine. I bought mine online and my son had to put it together, had it 8 or 9 years already. Sure helps me get around. I think Phyllis said she bought hers with bigger wheels, easier getting around in the yards. It should tell you how high they are and the arms can be adjusted for height. I am shorter than you, I am shrinking and under 5 feet now.

AMY  when the laundry call you did it say--we are dry so come fold us ad put us away and get the bed made up with fresh smelling sheets? Sorry about Rex.  I hate seeing an animal in pain.

JENNY  I remember when my daughter first moved to San Diego she wrote me she was getting tired of warm sunny days and would love some rain. I would miss the 4 seasons si will stay where I am. Now that I do not have to shovel or drive in snow I can really enjoy it. I love watch it coming down and every thing seems so quiet and beautiful. Of course I no longer go walking in it.

SANDY  that man in the add for that rollator was walking wrong with it. You should keep your elbows close to your body and walk straight up, not bent over. I have seen an add for one now where the handles are high and makes you walk upright and not bent over.

SHIRLEY  like you I bought a 5 inch riser when I lived at my last apartment at my son's house. Here we have what he calls the "big boy" and no problems. When I go to my sons or grandsons it is hard when I need to use the facilities, all so low.

AMY  I bought the side bars at my sons and brought them here with me, sure helps. There are grab bars all around the bathroom here but the ones near the commode are too high for me to reach. The bars I bought attach to the commode under the seat and so easy to grab onto.

SHIRLEY  good luck with your new rollator. I would be lost without mine. I have a pouch under the seat and I like that better than a basket. I carry a lot in there and no one can see what I have.

Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

so_P_bubble

Shirley, I also have ceramic tiles all around in the bathroom and my husband did install grab bars on them. There are special drill bits that make holes in those tiles to fit the screws. Nothing broke and no visible damage. I also had two bars installed on both sides of the tiled walls surrounding the bathtub[ color]

Amy

Good morning everyone..

I just didn't want to get up, I wanted to just stay in bed and listening to the rain. A day of rest here..but would like to make an instant pot of yogurt.

Making this short as I need to get Babe out of bed to eat her breakfast! :)

Hope everyone has a wonderful day..
Jimmy Dean

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. well we bit the bullet a few years ago and installed Handy capped stools and grab bars by them. and tomorrow people are supposed to come and Install a lift for and bring a new electric scooter for me in the car. It can only be driven into the garage not in the house. but will make getting around much easier. Have a great day.

Lloyd

phyllis

I have the Medline Drive Rollator in a purple color.  Gloria is right in that I bought the bigger wheels so that I can get around on grassy areas and they work just fine.  The handles are adjustable in height and I have mine set at the highest mark even though I am 5'1".  I found that when they were set lower I tended to hunch over them and I wanted to make myself stand as straight as possible.  Also, the storage bag is better directly under the seat so that it is out of the way when you sit down.  It folds easily and is fairly light weight but the back of my Escape is so high I cannot easily lift the Rollator up in to it so David has to do that for me.  I take it with me wherever I go and most of the time it is no problem keeping it close but some restaurants are small with close table seating and the rollator can be a problem with being in the way of passersby.

The physical therapist recommended that I get the higher attachment for the commode but I haven't done that yet.  I do have a grab bar right next to the commode that helps me get up.  My younger son installed all of the grab bars and he drilled through ceramic tile in the shower.  There is a special bit that will do that without damaging the tile.

All of the grab bars in the house, the stair railings on both sides of the stairs, and other modifications were made when David had his stroke several years ago but it has turned out that Tom used them most when he could not move or balance well with advancing Alzheimer's and now with my balance difficulty I use them constantly.  I am considering a stair lift but still want to do the exercise of going up and down the stairs so haven't installed the lift yet. 

I'll just end this long post by saying that all of these aids have made life so much easier.  I just wasn't ready to sit down and wither away in one place.....yet!
phyllis
Cary,NC