Random Image

Tom 8 2017

Owner: Shirley
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:09:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for October 15, 2019

Started by so_P_bubble, October 15, 2019, 01:28:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaneS

Good Morning all you wonderful people!  You make me proud to call you "friends"!!  I came in earlier and I was so humbled to find that so many of you still do all you do and depend on balance aids to do it.  I never knew some of you were facing those challenges.  It makes my problems dim to next to nothing.  Keep on keeping on and keep on being my friends! 

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Mary Ann

I'm probably in the middle when it comes to abilities and disabilities.  I don't have any aids for getting around, but I don't have occasion to get around much.  I can walk from my front door to the front of the garage where I can get into Tom's or Dot's cars and they are the only ones I ride with, not that someone else couldn't give me a ride, they just don't.  I like my commode which is regular height because of I had the higher one, I'd be dangling my feet (shorty, you know).  I have a grab bar at the wall side of my tub that I use constantly and a few years ago, nephew Terry installed a grab bar just outside the tub and I use that getting out of the tub and otherwise when I need to.  In the house/condo, which is small, I use furniture or walls if I need help.  At church or in restaurants, I have been able to get from Point A to Point B without help.  My walking is not good enough that I can walk far, but I am managing so far!  And there's no place to go - I do not go to the store because I no longer drive.

Mary Ann

Shirley

I knew I'd find good advice & grins in here & do really appreciate all. I have discovered that everything you want is on the other side of the room or house. That your feet are cold but when you put warm sox or shoes on they are too hot. My arms are not as long as my leg that won't bend, so getting a shoe or sock on that foot is a struggle... but if you keep the good foot bare it can help pull that sock or shoe on the leg that won't bend. That it's smart to NOT keep drinking coffee because that bathroom is a torture chamber! The the phone rings when you are furthest from it & the cell is on charge. See...we can still learn as we grow older.  :crazy2:  :uglystupid2:  :buck2:  :idiot2:

The cats are terrified of the walker... but they are being so good I can't believe them. Poor Tiger couldn't stand not coming to cuddle in bed so showed up to check every angle to find one she could fit in. She likes to sleep with her back to me & her head on my right arm (when I sleep on my right side)... but I was on my back & nothing felt right so she stood there for a few seconds & was happy when I put my arm around her & let her lay where she was. Every time Tom hears me moving around he comes to check, looks around & goes back downstairs to hide out & sleep the day away. I put Callie's breakfast of salmon (bowl) on the top step going into the garage because she wouldn't get up & come in. I opened the garage door enough for her to come & go (after daylight), so she takes care of herself. Youngest son is to come over this morning to get the rest of the stuff out of the RV & put shade up & pull down the ones that come down. It will all get done but would rather be doing it myself! EDIT: He is here & RV emptied, he is now using the vac to clean cob webs off the brick by the front door & clean off the bits of grass that the mowers "blow" up on the porch when they clean off the sidewalk. They can't remember to to the blowing AWAY from the front door.  ;)

I am not taking this as gracefully as I should.... I do have a few faults, with patience & pig headed being a couple. It is truly nice to know I am not alone in this venture! Thanks for the encouragement. I'm still thinking about the grab bars & with the design of the bathroom I use (has all my stuff in)... think they would be more in the way than a help.

My husband grabbed a towel rack in the master bathroom & it broke so we put up brass ones. That bathroom is also ceramic tile all walls but shower is marble & double clam shell sink & vanity marble. I don't want to switch to use it, makes a nice guest room suite since original owner that we bought from, added a whole room onto the master bedroom that is filled with TV & Lazy boys & a roll top desk. The bedroom part has his tempur pedic & other pieces of furniture. His "man cave". I use his laptop on a computer table against the wall across from the foot end of the bed. Bought a TV for the corner so I can nap cross way on the bed & watch TV. Not a bad set up & it's there so may as well use it! I cover the beds with flannel sheets (no fuzzy on them) so cats can sleep where they want & I don't have to worry about bed spreads getting dirty.

Started this hours ago & time to check on son & see what I can do. I asked him if he'd mind picking up lunch, we have the usual fast food places near & I have gift cards for all. Talk later, one more thing I've learned is sitting at this computer makes the knee & back hurt if I sit too long.

Mary Ann, you really are an inspiration doing so well and nearly 10 years ahead of me. Same as my brother & he also is doing great (must have been a good year, you think?) Shirley

CallieOK

Good Afternoon,

Thought I posted this earlier but can't find it.  Please excuse if this is a repeat (edited).

I've been to church and OTL with The Church Ladies, as the little diner where we used to go called us.  Unfortunately, it is permanently closed – so we went to Arby's today.  Since it's close to Crest grocery, I went there afterwards even though I'd left my list at home.  Glory Be!  I got everything I'd written down – only forgot one thing I hadn't yet put on the list and it isn't that important.

I have a Lumex Rollator that's Hot Pink with a zebra-striped bag under the seat. (Figured if I had to have one - I'd "make a statement"  :) ") It also has brakes which I would highly recommend.
 My doctor wrote a "prescription" and Medicare/insurance helped pay for it at a medical supply store. I could "test drive" several kinds they had in stock and they helped with the size and adjustment for height.

Mine is more for balance rather than support (because of my bad feet) and I discovered that I tend to bend over if I try to push it too far ahead of me.  Tucking my elbows on my hip bones keeps it closer and me straighter.
Shirley, I'm smiling at your comments on everything being on the other side of the house.  That's one of the great things about the rollator.  I can "load up" the seat and take things from one place to the other.

Also had grab bars installed in my shower (tile) and toilet "nook" (wall).  Those are slanted on either side of the toilet. (I agree about the lower seats; really hard to manage!)

It's another lovely Fall day in central Oklahoma.    Yesterday was also lovely and I cleaned the "gunk" out of the bird feeders.  No other outdoor "chores" and I just might sit on the patio, read and enjoy the blue skies and birds.
Enjoy your day, Everyfriend.

Mary Ann

Shirley, I have two sayings about learning:  "You're never too old to learn" and 'You learn something new every day". 

I do not go to my lower level because Tom has requested that I do not because he's afraid I would fall.  I respect his request because I don't want him to come home some day and find me at the bottom of the steps.  A neighbor who lived alone and had bad eyesight did fall down the steps and her BIL found her a couple of days later.  I don't remember what they did for her, but it was two or three years later that she died.  She did not stay in her condo after that.  I have everything I need on the first floor.  I do say that if push came to shove, I could get downstairs and I used the stairs to get upstairs at church recently because the elevator was too far to walk to. 

I'm stubborn, too, Shirley, but I do try to see the logic of what I'm asked to do.

Callie, I love the idea of your having a colorful rollator and I know if I get one, I'd get something similar. 

My bathroom isn't as fancy with ceramic tile and I have a fiberglass tub which had a grab bar already installed.  I have always used the bar for support.  The one Terry put in is on the wall just outside the front of the tub and I use that to get out of the tub.  Incidentally, if I wrote about my "very hot water shower" the other day, I checked last evening and the cold water was working OK.  I think something must have been stuck so only the hot water worked. 

Mary Ann

JaneS

I'm reading and sitting here shaking my head.  You people are amazing!  I spend more time looking for my glasses than you do getting around! 

CallieOK

Janie, you get up at the convenience of two dogs, work a full shift as a cashier at Walmart and then spend the next day making all kinds of good things to eat.  That, IMO, outdoes any getting around I do in a week!!!!!
 :smitten:

JaneS

CALLIE, I don't work any FULL shifts any more. I work 3- 4 hour days a week and that's really not so much.  I'm tired when I come home but it goes away.  What all of you are dealing with is everyday, all day.  You can't take a nap and sleep it off.  I do that all the time.  There are lots of zzzzs on my sofa and they do a good job!

Now as to making things, both doggies are hungry and the food is only half made so I better get busy!  As I said before...keep on keeping on.  You all are my inspiration!

Shirley

It is starting to get dark, I should be feeding the fish but not going to try that hill with a walker! Tom & Callie had a dish of chicken I pulled out of the freezer & thawed. Tom & Tiger had some while ago and Tiger ate her scoop of tuna and ate Tom's when he walked away from it. Not his favorite food but sure is hers. She went out to run it off & Tom stayed in & slept so was ready when Callie came in to eat. They will get their Friskies half a can about 7:00-7:30... have me well trained, don't they?

Youngest son is such a "neat-nic"... after bringing all the stuff out of the RV he insisted on cleaning the dry grass clippings off the front porch. Porch has grass carpet that Cas put down the year before he died (Pete is a lot like him), it looked so nice he cleaned the entire front of the house of spider webs (my Halloween decorations  ;) ). Major job. Pete's SO ran a marathon yesterday... I think he said 36 miles in 4 hours+ minutes (can you imagine???) She came in 2nd for women & missed first by 2 min. The marathon was in/out/around Ottawa, Phyllis.

Jane, I will agree with you that so many of these Seniors are dealing with every day what I am whining about right now. I am totally in awe of their patience & tolerance. I've never had to deal with not being able to get around & am in shock that it is so difficult.

Tom & Tiger came in for their last meal of the day....Tom comes when ever I'm in the kitchen & eats what anyone leaves behind. He runs it off, no fat on him!

I'm going to have a poached egg tonight & thinking about going to bed & watching TV. Have one more question for all using the walkers (or whatever you call them). Do the palms of your hands/bones get sore from leaning on the handles? I do put my whole weight on them to move the stiff leg, not just balance. I'm going to get me pieces of memory foam & velcro to attach around the new one's handles when it gets here ... & my daughter arrives to run downstairs for me.

Hope everyone sleeps good tonight, sure has a nip in the air here. Sweet dreams and God Bless.  Shirley

Lloyd Hammond

Shirley I have a device that you can put your stock's and then put your foot in it clear up to the toe, smooth and straight and also a shoe spoon about 20" long helps to put shoe on. they were issued to me when I had the right Knee replaced. I still use the shoe spoon, but not the device to put socks on. Have a good rest of the day.

Lloyd

Amy

Time to hit the hay.
Thoroughly enjoyed the day.
Rained off and on most of the day so that should help the dry wells.
Have a good night..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

I fell asleep during Matlock and when I woke up he had a British accent and looked like Simon Templar!  I think it might be time to go to bed.  I have a few lunches and dinners ahead and in the fridge for now.  Whatever I don't eat in the next few days will go in the freezer for when I want them. 

I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Amy

Good morning everyone..
So far no rain! Didn't get the yogurt done yesterday so have started the process now. Will make a trip to the dump as we didn't go yesterday. Some sewing did get done yesterday and I have just a few pieces left of the 1532 that goes into this quilt.

Shirley, I must admit I did have a few giggles on your discoveries. I do not find patience and pig headed a fault though as I do think most of us have that fine quality...that is what keeps us from being pushed around and we do get somewhere when needed.

Instant pot just told me we are on to the next step..

Enjoy your day everyone..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Lloyd Hammond

WELL Good Morning everyone. a trip to V A this Morning to get my hearing aids re tubed the left one in particular Is coming UN hooked. do not want to loose it. Hared enough Hearing even with them intact. Have a great day. 43º and cloudy here calling for 48º for high today.and rain and snow Wednesday. well it is that time of year.

Lloyd

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  Just a quick check in this morning as I'm running late.  I'll be off to WM to meet my friends there and help them get checked out.  Wish me smiles!

I wish you all a lovely day!
Make it your own in every way!

Gloria

Good morning everyone. 48° up to mid 50's only today. Yesterday it rained all day. More rain on Thursday and I have a dentist appointment Thursday. Will not be a good day for me to sit in the chair to have my teeth cleaned.  Oh well, grin and bare  it.

AMY  I am ready to go back to bed and I have not been up long either. About time you take it easy.

LLOYD  I bought a shower seat about 9 years ago and I am glad I did. I had my son put a grab bar there and there are grab bars on all the walls in the bathroom here. Glad you are getting things at last to help you get around.

PHYLLIS  that bag under the seat is great. Some here have baskets and every thing they put in it is visible. I carry my wallet in mine but no one can see it.  I saw an add for one that has high handles so you have to put hands high and I was wondering how that would be. Would have to stand straight to hold on. The handles on mine are as high as they go and I try to remember to keep my elbows close to my body so I do not bend over. That way the rollator is closer and one does stand up better.

JANE  you are one to be up there with doing so many things and working, too. I retired the day I hit 65, just plain worn out. Still do not want to sit and vegetate and get outside for a walk every day. Days when it rains I walk the hallways in here. When you look down the long hall it looks like the last mile. I am close to the elevator so really am glad with that.

SHIRLEY  seems like every time I am in the bathroom my phone rings but the machine will pick it up if they leave a message. I cannot sit here at the computer for long, I have to get up often and walk around, that is why it takes me so long to get things done here.

CALLIE  I  put a tray on the seat of my rollator so I can move things, especially my tumbler of water. If I don't put the tray on it I will spill the water and too hard to wipe it up.

MARY ANN  I would not be able to get over the sides of a tub anymore and so glad there are showers here, although at times I would love to soak in a tub.

JANE  wish I could do a fraction of the cooking you do. The only thing I can cook is my oatmeal for breakfast. The re st of the day I pick on thing that are easy so I know I am not eating the way I should. No wonder I am down to 84 pounds.

LLOYD  we have not had snow in our forecast yet and really seldom get it this early but by Thanksgiving we usually get some.

Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Denver

GOOD MORNING, EVERYFRIEND🎃🎃

It is cold and snowy here in the Mile High City❄️❄️❄️ There is a good six inches of snow out there but it snowed pretty much all day yesterday and it did not accumulate on the ground as it was too warm from our nearly 70degree day on Saturday.  The snow is to end this afternoon however there is another storm coming and we will have more snow from it, the weather guessers are saying😩. For someone who is not into cold and snow I sure wonder just WHY I am here, but then I could be running from the terrible 🔥 in California.  Those poor folks, my heart just aches for them 🙏

JANE, I hope there will be plenty of smiling people in your line today at work🥰

SHIRLEY, I hope the walker arrives and will not be in too many pieces for you to put together.  I only use my walker when I am out and about, but my hands have never been sore from hanging on, and I am more up right when I am using it so no sore shoulders either.  It is nothing like the walker you are using that makes you lean on and then lift it to move on!  I do not think you will have to worry about putting anything on the handles of the new walker.  Oh good grief, you gave me a fright at the thought of you even trying to go down to the river with your current walker😤🤬

AMY, as usual, you have stuff to get out and do today.  I have never made yogurt in my inta-pot, in fact I think mine says you can not use it to make yogurt.  Wow, you are getting down to the end of that 1532 pieces of cloth! How many pieces do you suppose are in that car cover quilt?🤪🤪

I am going to try to spend time this morning in my closet getting the summer things out and the winter things in! 

Enjoy your day.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Mary Ann

I just noticed something about the weather under Jenny's post and I wondered if I still had a weather thing.  I don't.  It wasn't right anyway, and I think most of the others were wrong too. 

Every time I clicked on S&F after I finished posting earlier, there were no posts.  Makes one wonder where everyone is. 

I hear mowers outside so I am sure we are nearing the end of the season.  Their usual day is Thursday but I'll bet they're trying to clean up all of their customers before the first of November, which is Friday.  They might come here one more time to blow leaves because most of the trees are hanging onto their leaves.  Fall is falling, all right.  I'll stay snug as a bug in a rug right here in my condo.

Mary Ann

CallieOK

Merry Monday,

The past two days of gorgeous Fall weather were teasers because we're back to raw cold rain and Brrrrrr wind chills.

Glad I went to the grocery store yesterday because I don't plan on going farther than the mail box today - and may not do that if it's raining.

Wishing Everyfriend Everywhere an Enjoyable Day.

Amy

Yogurt is straining in the fridge and hot tub is just about full. Won't be able to use the hot tub tonight but sure will tomorrow night. The day turned out beautiful, a fire was put on but I am letting it go out. Have turkey, stuffing and potatoes and veggies for supper. Will have to give Babe a special supper as this is her 8th birthday.

Jenny, I can't imagine making a car quilt, you must admit they made a good fit for it. Snow!! Oh dear please keep it your way, although I did hear we may have it for Halloween.

Jane, hope you had lots of smiles, giggles and hugs through your line today.

Gloria, a trip to the dentist is a grin and bare or bear it :)) I would rather be working at the worst job than to go there.....oh well..

Better go check the hot tub or we may end up with an indoor swimming pool :)
Jimmy Dean

Mary Ann

Amy, I can't imagine using a hot tub this time of the year, however, I have heard of it being done.   My closest tub is in the bathroom and I don't take tub baths now, just a shower.  The hot tub makes me think of a sauna where I've read that after being in the sauna, people roll around in snow (where they have snow).  Not for me.

It's a dreary day but at least it is not raining.  The lawn mowers are here and I don't know if this is their last day or just for mowing.  Leaves will fall and they usually come some time in November to clean those up.  And we do get a lot of leaves.

Mary Ann

Amy

Mary Ann, I love being in the hot tub in winter  up to my chin in hot water watching the snow flakes come down. No, rolling in snow doesn't excite me either but I do enjoy 104° water in the hot tub.
Jimmy Dean

Carol

[color=teal We drove to a local mall to buy a watch battery & have it installed for me -a thriving mall is almost totally empty.  A newer mall was built withing 5 miles of this one and that management made deals to move almost all of the shops.  This is what is happening all over.  Twenty years of business down the drain - so sad, jobs lost and a waste of buildings. 

Jenny: I hope the fires do not reach the Getty museum. 

[/color]

JaneS

Hello Everyfriend!  I'm checking in for the day and out for the night.  Today started off bad.  The checkin computer did a nasty at me and no one could get it working again so I had to go to another one and use my new sign in name and go through all the steps to get on line and then clock in there.  It was a royal pain.  But I had some pretty nice custmers in my line today and that kind of made up or the bad start.

It looks like most of you had a pretty ordinary day and that's OK these days.  I'd settle for "ordinary" every day with one or two "specials thrown in now and then. 

Tomorrow I check back in with the clinic for a blood pressure check and then my friend and I are going to a movie.  It's Senior day at the mall theater and that's when we try to go. 

I think I'm going to try to get to bed early tonight.  I've tried every night for the past week and it hasn't worked yet but sometime it will.  I hope you all have a peaceful sleep tonight and that you wake refreshed.  And may God bless us, every one!

Amy

Going to say good night also..Dogs have been let out for the last time.
Hope Phyliss and Joy check in tomorrow..
Nite
Jimmy Dean

Shirley

I'm checking out for the night as well. One busy day! Daughter got in town before Andy got home, bless his heart, had a flat on the camper so had to change that half way home. I sent daughter to the store with a list for the deli dept to have sandwiches for everyone. She could make better time than if I went along.

Andy worked until just a short while ago on winterizing MY RV... I told him I could get those other guys to come to the house to do the job, they did one other year. (What they do on their own time is all their own money). Normal charge is about $120. & a pan of brownies... the offer was going to be $200 in my driveway & I insisted...Andy got the same. He was exhausted & still had to go home to clean up his camping gear. He is babysitting his 2 grands all day tomorrow, the oldest is running a fever so can't go to school.

Everyone loved the new walker/hot rod. It rolls so easy & love being able to sit. I go to see the orthopedic on Thurs. but was told they don't do a MRI unless ordered by the Ortho... insurance won't pay unless. Fun/fun arranging rides. I will try to get me in the driver's seat by Wed so I can take myself. Kids told me that I have to have Uber app on my phone to use... I am anxious to be mobile again.  :-\

Talk is we might get snow Wed or Thurs... and this drop tonight was NOT predicted. The "feels like" is already below freezing by the weather channel on the Kindle. Don't think the ground is cold enough to have much stick, temps not going to stay down long. I did manage to get boots on today as the temps kept dropping & I managed to get outside a little.

Jane, do you ever cook rice with you chicken for the pups?  My sister used to cook it for their pets & I was thinking about trying it with these cats. They are tired of the rotisserie chicken, now leaving part of the canned chicken breast...getting very spoiled.

Time to hit the sack! Sweet dreams and God Bless. Shirley

Denver

CAROL, I have been hoping you would post and let us know how you and Don are getting on.  I have also been thinking about your son and hope he is doing well after his surgery.  It is a cold night here and another storm is coming tomorrow.  It will be very cold all week long.  I wish I were in Tucson with you😻

SHIRLEY, I hope you are doing OK.....

I hope you made it to bed JANE. Sleep well.

Yea, you are here, SHIRLEY.  Glad the walker arrived and you like it.....glad your daughter arrived and Andy made it back safe.  He could have done without the flat tire, I am sure!  Not sure about you driving yourself to the appointment on Thursday.....please use Uber if no one else can take you! 

Pleasant dreams to all.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Lloyd Hammond

well just a little into the day and another not able to sleep, so i am marking my spot and going to the other Laptop and fiend a good movie, see if that will make me get a nap. see you all later. is 1:55 am now.

Lloyd

Gloria

Good morning everyone, looks like another raw day here. I did go out  yesterday and my walk was a short one. Had my winter jacket on but felt chilly. Should have had a sweat shirt on under it but didn't think it was that cold.

JENNY  had an email from a cyber friend in Montana yesterday and they were getting what I would call a blizzard with the wind and snow and the windchill below zero.

MARY ANN  the landscapers come here on Wednesday mornings and have a lot of leaves to get up and pine needles are falling, too. The beautiful maple trees with their dark red leaves are dropping their leaves fast  now.

CALLIE  rain here in forecast for tomorrow and Thursday and I have an appointment Thursday at the dentist. Have a ride booked and do  not want to cancel and have to wait for another appointment.

AMY  I now have the best dentist I ever had and first woman one, very  gentle and the tech is good cleaning my teeth and that is something I always dreaded.

JANE  hope you did get to bed  and sleep early last night. Some nights I am asleep before 9 pm. Then I wake at 3 or 4 in the morning.

SHIRLEY  one hing I dislike since I stopped driving is having to get a ride. This town has a car for us seniors for doctor appointments only. As soon as I get an appointment I call to book the car and if they are already booked that day I can find out when they have an opening and call back to the doctors and change to the day the car is available.  I book my eye doctor appoint a year ahead of time.  The gals who drive the car are both good drivers and very helpful and are waiting when you are ready to go home. All free.

JENNY  love your new avatar, cute pumpkin.

LLOYD  hope you found a good western to watch and then got more sleep.

Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Shirley

Attem is a little better this morning but since this is a "free" day (all kids occupied) I've had breakfast & going back to bed. Tom & Tiger spent the night inside but wanted out about 4:00 am, was really cold with "feels like" so not long before they were back at the door begging to come in. Since I can't trust CAllie inside without be being in the room to watch her every move, she is better sleeping in the garage in her little nest. I turned one of those huge plastic tubs on the side, have a folded rug under & her heated bed inside... over the top & sides I put another big throw rug & it hangs half way down the opening, so between the heated bed & all those rugs, she is "snug as a bug in a rug" and doesn't feel the cold as bad when out. She comes inside to eat most meals but likes to sleep late so I put her breakfast of salmon & tuna on the top step so I don't take a chance of falling. Before the leg problem I was taking her breakfast in bed...just outside her hidey hole. She has everything she needs right there, self feeder full of dry Friskies, self water server, litter box & fresh training pads because she has it in her head that litter boxes are just to poop in.  ::)

Gloria, I am impressed with all your town does for Seniors... nothing like that here, not even a break on taxes for seniors. I've been trying to figure what CNN??? stands for, every time you mention one coming I mean to ask & forget. That would be such a blessing, for sure. Right now I need an army to clean up this place, but having someone to give a hand like that would be ideal.

I still can't get comfy laying in bed so not as rested as should be, will go close my eyes. Still talking about a snow late tonight & tomorrow & might accumulate. Should be interesting to have my first outing with walker...& drive, warnings of the first rain or snow for a while that streets are especially slice oil leaks from all those cars. I do take the "elevated roads" so hopefully by Thursday all that will be gone. Eventually I will get Uber & grocery delivery set up...not in any hurry until after the visit with the orthopedic. Maybe it is something that will heal itself. :thumbup:

Oh... I just looked at the sliding door not 3 feet from where I'm sitting, saw what I first thought was Tiger wanting back in... eyes up against the class door. Stood up to let her in & it turned around as I opened the door & took off.. Tiger was sitting on the step right next to those eyes & sure enough, that raccoon was wondering why that self feeder was still empty! I had filled it Friday for Callie to have while we were gone... should have been enough to last her a week but noticed it was empty by Sunday. I have not been seeing any raccoons or skunks for a long time. I'm not good at recognizing foot prints but know something down by the river leaves lots of little ones all over the sand. I haven't been down since before last Friday so guess it figured I was serving at the house now. That feeder will come back inside! I have another one in the garage for Callie but never leave those doors open after dark.