Random Image

Halloween Fi 1

Owner: Sandy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:34:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for October 15, 2019

Started by so_P_bubble, October 15, 2019, 01:28:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gloria

Good morning every one, 47° and overcast at 7:30 am. Yesterday the sun was bright and warm and I enjoyed my walk. Does me good to walk around in the fresh air, even slept later this morning. Today Providence joined other cities that stopped using plastic bags. It is not just plastic bags that cause the problems.

SHIRLEY  I am like you with raisins. I pick them out of hot cross buns that my Mom made at Easter. I just do not like them, never liked fruitcake or marmalade either. Don't like the thought of eating citrus peels. Only one in my family that would not eat it. Now to find my older son loves it was a surprise, never had them before he got married. Must be like my family was, my Mom made all those things and I would never even try them. Always was a picky eater. Glad your knee is starting to feel better.

DONKLAN  love your post and it is so true. I did copy it, I hope you do not  mind.

AMY  your neighbors must have been happy that Rex is doing better.

JANE  I know I am in the winter of my life, cannot do much anymore and need an afternoon nap/rest every afternoon. Think the couch is getting the shape of my body by now. Hmm wonder if your WM job is getting to the end. About time you joined the rest of us here-RETIRED.

LLOYD  sorry those 2 cattle jumped the fence and did not want to get in the truck. At least you will not have to take care of them anymore.

AMY  I have a sis in law with the White Coat Syndrome. Something that never bothered me. By now I am getting used to it. Right now there is too many Democrats running for president and I am so tired of hearing them knock one another and the current president.

JANE  good luck with your doctor appointments today.

AMY  such a cute graphic. Thanks.

Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Shirley

Jane, I read your message before going to bed, just couldn't think of anything to say so didn't say. I could feel your heavy heart, been there a few times as we all have, I'm sure.... so hugs for the worrying (keep on doing the worrying tomorrow & first thing you know, no need to worry!) Extra thoughts when talkig to God, that He has better days ahead for you. Hope the trip to the chiropractor gives you a boost, wish I knew of a good one near me.

Amy, that a darling graphic.... love the talking to you gave that bull. :thumbup:  These cats know when I mean business by the tone of my voice. With Tom, I get the point across with a squirt bottle of water. Just have to hold it in my hand & he marches off to what or where he is supposed to be. Like an ornery little boy, I hold it up in the RV & he heads back to the bedroom & jumps on the bed & lays down to wait for next instructions. You should see him grin at me when he does it.

Lloyd, glad you are getting rid of the cattle.... we are all having to "downsize" our lives to save energy for what is most important (like just hanging on). Not easy to part with what has been important to us for so many years. What is really important is family and making them have happy memories for the rest of their lives.

Cats woke me up, wanted in & out and early breakfast so think I will go back for a couple more hours sleep and start this day over. I want to get one more trip in to MO for a cousin reunion before having the RV winterized. If I go during the coldest months I haul water in jugs & make sure I catch it in dish pans to toss out, I have to have a pan of water to wash my hands all the time & Brita water to make coffee. Got a routine that works for me.

At the end of WWII my parents bought a house on the edge of town, was an old farm house but came with lots of land that they had platted to sell off when ever they wanted. No other house in sight but also no electricity, natural gas, water or sewer. I loved how Dad came up with our own "power plant" & even put a motor on the well pump until each facility was brought in. Guess that is one part of what I enjoy about camping, the need to create a comfy nest in the middle of woods. They stayed in that house as long as they lived and watched the rest of the world grow up around them. I love how all I need do when I want power is push a button to start the generator (if I don't have a place to plug into power). Not everyone wants my life but I'm having a great time & thank God for the chance to du whatever I'm able. Maybe the trees will be showing their colors this trip. I love when it's cold so the cats & I curl up on the bed until time to get up & attem. When we get home I will appreciate the conveniences, never know when will be the last trip but I will have memories.

Hey, you snuck in, Gloria... agree with you on everything, we as so alike! I never tried all the differnt foods my mother came up with, either, terrible eater. When Cas died I stopped the paper (can read the obits online when I think about it), dropped cable TV & all those talk shows. My theory is if they were half as smart as they think they are, they wouldn't be working for a living, right? Politicians are not my cup of tea, even the best of them get greedy once in office. I know using plastic bags is bad but can't get into the habit of carrying the totes, I rarely just get what I go for. We lived without them before, right?

Wishing all a great day, enjoy as if there is no tomorrow.  Smile at strangers, surprising how catching a smile is.  Shirley

phyllis

Cloudy this morning with the promise of storms this afternoon.  We need the rain but could do without the high winds.  But, it will be what it will be.

I liked your post, too, donklan.  I can relate to all of it.

Thinking about you, Jane, and your second calls to see the doctors.  I know it worries you. I also know that you don't want to tell the kids but they need to know what is going on with you.  I feel that sharing your worries makes them less of a burden to carry.

Goodness, Amy, threatening to turn that bull into a steer would make even the most cantankerous animal behave.   ;D

Breakfast is calling.  Nice bowl of warm oatmeal with banana and walnuts on top.    :P 

See you all later.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Cottoncandy

Good morning...I read and loved what you wrote Don...would like to save it and share it..but don't know how to do either...but was a good read..thx. CC

Amy

CC, I just sent you a PM...hope that helps. If not....copy and paste Don's message in an email and send it to those you want to.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

SHIRLEY and PHYLLIS, you read between the lines.  I am a bit nervous about all the upcoming dr. visits.  But as of our long ride together today, Cathy pretty much knows what's going on and she won't waste much time leaving the rest of the kids in the dark.

My grandson's very close girlfriend ran in the recent Chicago Marathon and made one of her best times ever.  She qualified for the Boston Marathon in 2021 and they are delighted!  That's what she wanted to do and she did it!  I said before, this gal is a keeper!

AMY, that's a very cute picture of a West Highland White Terrier.  Mine are Scottish Terriers....longer ears and shorter legs and chubbier bodies.  But for about 14 years I had a White Westie "Niece".  My sister owned Sorcha who was a constant guest in our house.  We cousin-sat whenever they went somewhere they couldn't take her  and when we visited, my girls were always welcome there.  The picture brought back lots of memories!

Now I have to make a quick trip to town and then back for a nap before tonight's dr. visit.  I hope you all have a great rest of the day!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Cottoncandy

Shirley

We've had our walk down to the river, those fish do enjoy the bread. Soon they will find deeper water for winter but will be back on warm days.

Tree alert! Finally the trees have popped out with crimson, gold & orange today! Such a surprise, I did not think they could change from brown to such vivid colors in ONE day. Silly me, driving down the streets smiling at the trees and people in the cars in the lanes next to me.

Not at all happy with my leg still not okay. At least I am not having to lift it with my hands to put on sox... or climb into bed, but aches constantly above & below the knee. Don't know if better to exercise or keep off it, but exercise did not help today. Since it has been locked up for a week I'm afraid to NOT exercise. I do steps the hard way but can walk without dragging & off stepping (if you know what I mean). I'd call the Dr but know it would mean seeing someone else (you know, the old "not my department" story)....

I'm planning to go to MO for the cousin reunion so really don't have time to spare. Must load that RV & even when going for only a couple nights, takes a lot to make it comfy. To me it's worth the effort to stay in the RV instead of having to check into a motel. I really don't like sleeping in hotels or motels 'cause I know they don't change anything but sheets & linens & the carpet, blankets & spreads plus the TV remotes are full of "germs". Costs way more for gas & maintenance on that RV than the best of motels, but "I'm worth it".... :2funny:

Only a little color left in the sky, 7:00 pm. Gets dark early & think about time to change clocks?  Isn't that soon?  Be back later, Tom & Callie forgot they ate already & sitting here looking like I am neglecting them. Tiger stayed down at the river so not sure what she is up to, not their normal routine.

Amy

CC, you are welcome..

Shirley, think you should get that leg checked out ,I keep thinking blood clot and I hope I am wrong!

Off to bed I go..

Jane, Shirley has put the motion sensor on for the lights ..you don't have to worry about anyone  falling.

Night...
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

I'm so glad we finally got the lights working without our help because as sure as shootin' I'd be forgetting about them tonight.  It's been a day-and-a-half today and I'm glad it's time to go to bed.  Now if I can just get to sleep!

I wish you all a peaceful night and a happy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. Hope you are all having a great day. well we will go pick up the check today on the last four head we got to sale barn. we have two more head on the place to catch and sell,and out of cattle business for now. still In legal battle Over our home.

Lloyd

Joy

A very good early morning.

I woke up and decided just to get up.  It seems when I go back to bed, I feel so groggy when I wake up again.  So, here I am.

I did read a few messages back and I am sorry to read about some of the problems you all are having.

Jane, I sure will have you in my thoughts and only wish you the best outcome with all your doctor appointments.  I can relate to what you are going through. 

And, Shirley, I am sorry that you are still having trouble with your leg.  You should really have it looked at before you take that trip you mentioned.

Lloyd, like someone else told you, maybe it is time for you to start downsizing. That is something we all eventually have to do.

I also loved the beautiful message that Donklan put on here. I have saved it and will see if our activity director will post it on our bulletin board. It is so meaningful and everyone that lives in our place can relate to it.  I also have sent it to several friends, who I know will relate to it, also.  Thank you for sharing those beautiful thoughts.

Gloria, I am one who experiences the "white coat syndrome" sometimes.  I am usually nervous when I have to go to the doctors.

My DIL is  at the airport right now getting ready to fly to Arizona for about 2 weeks. This was one of her retirement gifts to go visit some friends that she hasn't seen for a long time. She was so excited to be going.  She said the temperature yesterday was close to 90º. She loves the hot weather.  But, she was worried that my son, (her husband) would not take as good of care of the cats as she does.  They are her "babies" and get special treatment. I told her she worries too much,  He will be fine with them.

As Shirley mentioned, it will soon be time to turn the clocks back. Nov. 3 is the date this year. I sure am not looking forward to it getting dark at 5 p.m. Makes for such a long evening.  But, after Dec.21,  the days do start getting longer.  You can tell I am not a big fan of winter.  I am already starting to think of spring.

I hope that all the friends will have a good day.  Especially you all that are not feeling up to par.  My thoughts will be with you.

Joy
BIG BOX

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  We're expecting a whole week of temps in the high 50s to low 60s.  I can live with that!

We're all here in my office waiting for the boinger and breakfast and the start of another busy day.  I have to work a 10 but I have to gt an early start because the dr ordered a home blood pressure monitor for me and I have to pick it up on my way to work.  I have to monitor my blood pressure twice a day for two eeks and then they will decide what must be done. 

My trip to the chiropractor was successful yesterday.  My daughter, Cathy drove me and after my session we stopped for lunch on the way home.  She told me the way that she has a bunch of vacation days that she has to take before her year is up or she loses them.  This was one of them.  It's a beautiful drive up there and he trees were in color....lots of red and yellow.  It would have been prettier if it hadn't been raining but it was nice.  Then she came back to take me to the local dr because it was pretty dark when we went and darker yet when we came home.  I was ready for bed last night.

JOY, so nice to see you and what a nice gift your DIL got for her retirement! 

I wish you all a lovely day!
Make it your own in every way!

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Not sure what today will bring other than washing floors and taking Kyle out for his coffee. I need to finish off a quilt  but know it won't be done for a while.

Joy ,great to see you this morning and what a wonderful retirement gift to get.

Jane, have a great day at work. I love long drives on country roads any time of the year.

Lloyd, please take care.Remember your health is more important.

Since I slept in I had better get a move on .

Enjoy your day everyone.
Jimmy Dean

Gloria

Good morning everyone. Will have to make this fast. Of all days to wake late I have a CNA coming at 9:30 and for me that is to early. It is then or none.

JANE  hope the news was not bad yesterday.

SHIRLEY  get to an orthopedic doctor for that leg. Better to miss the reunion than be crippled the rest of your life.

It is 55° and raining, will be an all day rain according to the weather guesser. Oh well at least i do not have to go anywhere.

Have a good day.

Denver

A good Wednesday HELLO to EVERYFRIEND!

We are starting to settle in after our return from our lovely time in SoCal🥰  I have a big ol pot of pinto beans cooking on the stove and boy oh boy does it smell good!  It is getting very dreary out and rain and then snow is fastly approaching😩😢

JANE, I am saddened to read about your health issue and I do hope you have answers soon as to what you might be facing. Hugs and prayers for you.  I AM SURE GLAD we have these lights on a timer now as I do not like to trip over things when it is dark and I come in and I felt guilty if I did not get in to turn them off!  We have our kitchen light on a motion activated light now, and it sure is working out well for us here.  Maybe I can talk Bob into putting one of those in there so it will come on automatically when needed? 

SHIRLEY, I hope that leg settles down and will not keep you from going on your trip.  I had quite a bit of trouble getting around and sure is making me sad that I can not do more than I can.  Normally when I am at sea level I feel better and have less over all pain, but that was not the case this time😢😩 At times Bob had to help me lift my leg into the car as it hurt so badly. In addition I have a bad flare up of "Arthur" in my hands and it continues to be very painful and extremely annoying 🤬🤬. Enough pi**ing and moaning from me😤😡

LLOYD, I am happy to hear your downsizing of farm work is coming to an end but I am so sad that the legal battle continues! 

AMY, seems things are going along well with you, Kyle and the doggies🥰

JOY, I hope the DIL has a wonderful time in AZ and that the kitties will survive😻😻

GLORIA, we both slept in late yesterday morning after our early morning arrival at home, nearly 2 AM, and it messed me up for the rest of the day.  I felt so sluggish.  I hope your CNA is back to your regular lady now! 

I hope you all are having a good day......now I am off to go cry in my bowl of beans😤😘

Jenny

🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Shirley

Jenn, I had you a long message & #2 son showed up at the door & I didn't post & forgot to save, so will cut this short. I do think the best way around the situation is just don't send the gift to be given him by someone else. Instead, when ever you visit just take your own birthday cupcakes & have your own party with him on whatever day it is (birthday plus ??days??. He will remember you as the most fun Grammy because he has you & GrandBob all to himself and that's a lot better for a little boy than a whole crowd of party comers. I didn't have to share much since my grandkids other gr-parents were dead or far away. One great grandmother lives far away but flies back for the 2 greats we share, so I make an appearance to visit with her & leave shortly so she can get her time in. She has flown back for each of their birthdays (oldest is 6 now). My gr-daughter & her husband invite their many friends & all of their children so very crowded & noisy. My advice is make it a party when ever YOU & GrandBob show up and that's what Jonah will remember.  :thumbup:

We have grown so large & spread out that this year, Thanksgiving & Christmas is "come if you can, but......"  We know some are going different places & we will have a Thanksgiving dinner at the oldest grandson & wife's house & Christmas at the new house gr-daughter (& husband) just moved in to, for any & all that can make it. Already know it won't be a group photo opt, not sure when we will see them all together at the same time, hopefully not for a funeral. I think our Christmas is between holidays, daughter & her husband are going to have Christmas Eve & Day at home with their 2 unmarried kids. They did this last year.... both kids live on their own but spend Christmas Eve "at home".  I think it's sweet. Santa is especially good to them, too. ;)

I called the doctor's office today, left a message to have his special nurse call me tomorrow "for advice". Told the receptionist that I was going out of town no matter what..........so we'll see if she calls tomorrow. She talks things over with the doctor and gives it to me straight... I don't want to think blood clot since I don't know how long they would hurt. Think it must be pinched nerves & so much going on have not found time to stretch out & do a good soak. Wish I knew of a really good chiropractor, but I don't. I sure didn't get as much accomplished today as I hoped, have bad weather moving in tomorrow.

Wishing all sweet dreams & a happy tomorrow. God Bless!  Shirley

Lloyd Hammond

Good night and sweet dreams everyone. Hope to see you all tomorrow.

Lloyd

JaneS

I'm in a really snitty mood so this is going to be short.

JENNY, the advice that Shirley gave you about making it Christmas/Birthday whenever you go is really good.  As she said, Jonah will remember the "special" times more than the crowds. 

SHIRLEY, get on line and look for an APPLIED KINESIOLOGIST.  They're not bone crackers but they sure do make you fell better.  And I bet you'd like what you get from one of them.  That's what mine is and I'd never have known about her if my daughter hadn't worked for her

Now I'm going to bed.  I wish you a peaceful night and a good tomorrow!

Tomereader1

Lloyd, I don't know the gist of your legal problems about your "home", but does your state not have a Homestead Act, that would prevent someone from taking it from you? Did this person file a legal Lien against the property for some reason? A Mechanic's Lien or something?  Your state has got to do better for you, and so should the shyster lawyer.  This really makes me mad.  I know I don't post here very often, but I follow every day, and not nothing the onset of this problem, I still am at a boiling point.  You have enough worries without something like this. Take care of yourself, Lloyd.  God Bless.

Amy

Good morning everyone.

Light rain this morning, could be an all day one according to the weather man.

Work around home today after taking Kyle to pick up some pine from the store. Still working on that quilt so after putting a pot of bean and ham soup on may get back at it.

Jenny, I also agree with Shirley, make your own special memories with Jonah.

Shirley, happy to read you are dealing with that leg. I hope also that it is a pinched nerve.

Gloria, hope you don't have to rush around today..

Jane, I just can't imagine you in a "snitty" mood. Hope everything it alright.

Better get a move on.

Take care and enjoy your day.

Jimmy Dean

Gloria

Good morning everyone, down into the mid 30's but sun is shining so should warm up.

JENNY  so sorry that your DIL prefers her parents visit than you and Bob. Selfish? My family would always just drop in when they decided to visit. Never made a certain date or time and I remember as a child waking in the morning and seeing a house full of family who showed up during the night. In those days the doors were never locked.

SHIRLEY  I think an orthopedic doctor would know what to look for with your knee. I know that is what my CNA had to do.

JANE  hope you wake in a better frame of mind today.

LLOYD  take care of yourself.

AMY  no rain here and I am glad for that. Hope you can get back to your sewing.

Looks like no one else is around so I will wish all to
Have a good day.

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I did manage to shed the "snitty mood" last night.  I did my favorite thing for calming down....I went in the kitchen and cooked something.  It always seems to calm me down.  And I've been checking my blood pressure and it's waaaaay down this morning so maybe I'll cook something before I go to the office on Tuesday to have it checked.

Today I have an appointment to have the tissue taken from inside my jaw and that hasn't even seemed to effect the blood pressure. 

I'm going to have to get busy around here.  Need to straighten up and get a shower and get ready to take a drive.  I've invited company from heaven to ride with me so maybe I won't get stressed out by the drive. 

I wish you all a lovely day!
Make it your own in every way!

Joy

Jane,  I sure will keep you in my thoughts today.

So far, it has been a very lazy day.  I had sat in my recliner to read for a while and the fire alarm went off.  It scared me to death, as it is a really loud, shrill noise.  I then remembered I had seen a notice that they were going to be testing the system today.  I just go in the  bedroom and shut the door and it isn't too bad. Lasted about 15 min.

All is well now, and I see it is lunch time. 

Wishing everyone a pleasant afternoon.

Joy
BIG BOX

Denver

Good morning!

Thinking about you, JANE, and hoping all has gone well.  I felt good knowing your heavenly person was with you on the drive to and from and while you were getting the procedure done.  Hugs to you. I am going to go look up a APPLIED KINESIOLOGIST when I finish here.

SHIRLEY, I do hope you heard from your doctors office and there is a plan for you.  I sure hate you are having so much pain with that leg! 

I am feeling so much better today and as always I wish to thank those of you that shared your thoughts or experiences with me regarding my issue yesterday.  I sometimes wish I did not share so much with you all because it is personal and I post others issues, which is not my place and could come back to haunt me🤪, but you are ALWAYS there for me and I trust YOUR opinions better than almost anyone's, so I share and you come through and make me feel oh so much better, and I thank you so much.  The issue has been settled and we are going to see our boy on OUR SCHEDULE! 

JOY, I can well believe the alarm going off scared you good even though you KNEW it was going to.  I hope they got it all tested and  done until the next time! 

GLORIA, back in the day that is just how families were.....we ALL just got together....now days everything has to be planned out and for the most part the younger generation does not feel the obligation to even participate.  Our traditions will not go on.... those days have passed.  Bless it be the families that are keeping them going😢

I know it would probably be in our best interest to get more involved with friends and not be so tied into the family, but for me that would be nearly impossible😩😢😤🤣

AMY, I see you had a pot of beans and ham to eat yesterday as well!  I hope you enjoyed yours as much as we did!  They really hit the spot! 

Washer and dryer are in need of me, so off I go to get another load going!

Have a great day, EVERYFRIEND!

Jenny

🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

JaneS

I LOVE THIS PLACE!!! Someone can always come up with a solution that makes us feel better in any situation!  This time, DR SHIRLEY played Family Therapist and JENNY liked her advice.  Way to go!

I've had the stuff taken out of my jaw and now it gets sent away.  I hadn't even got home and they had me set up with an appointment for the results of the testing.  I really like this Dr.  She's spcial!

I'm waiting for my daughter and granddaughter to come back to pick up Frankie's dog.  I think we're going to have company regularly until he gets used to living in a new place and having his "mommy" go off to work.  He's a good buy though and no trouble.  The only thing wrong is he doesn't like our goodies. 

They should be getting back soon because my daughter has a 2 1/2 hour drive home and she has to work tomorrow.  I expect they might be having some supper together before they part company.

And speaking of supper, Annie is beginning to raise her voice in request for something to fill her tummy.  I told her it's not time yet but she doesn't give up.

Gotta go!

Lloyd Hammond

good afternoon everyone. 45º and cloudy here this afternoon. the weather guesser Is saying going to get colder rest of weak and next also. I am wishing you all sweet dreams. see you all later.

Lloyd

Shirley

Finally stopping for the day. My doctor said he wanted to see my leg so I found the baggiest summer pants to put on so I could pull UP and not DOWN... really looked awful and put on some UGGS to come up to the pant legs because it was too cold to go with bare legs & didn't want knee sox & tennis shoes, bad enough as it was. Bottom line is he was pretty sure not a blood clot but only way to be sure was "doppler" & would have to do that tomorrow. That would mean I'd miss my reunion & I have a feeling this will be the last of them for MY generation. He said if it isn't better next week we'd do the testing if that's what I wanted, he knows I didn't go in for pain pills.

Jane, I looked up your APPLIED KINESIOLOGIST and only ones are on the other side of town so will call one if the leg isn't better next week. I do thank you for the idea, have been to chiropractors ever since a teenager, mostly good experiences, but never an applied kinestiologist. Do hope no problems with your test results...but kind of holding one's breath until you hear, right?

Jenny, me too, spilling my guts... :uglystupid2:  ... but we are what we are & I know I do wear my feelings on my sleeve. I am the same with family ties... if not for my kids & grands I wouldn't have much of a life! Got fur babies, by the way, did I tell you that Tom threw up before I even turned the ignition on last trip?  I knew it was all in his head, but that took the cake!

I need to get to bed, been working in the RV & cleaning stuff out... got hot last week so had summer stuff out & think it may be really winter now. Think I'm about to wind up all the roof repairs, talked to the insurance lady & she was questioning the number of down spouts... told her that "I had no clue why there was more put on than originally estimated but maybe they just had to match. The man that owned the gutter business was in a serious wreck & his crew showed up early one Sat morning, I answered the door & said I'd put on clothes & unlock the gates fast! I was available when ever they had time, they didn't mention their boss was in a wreck/hospital, the roofer inspected & explained what happened when he brought the bill by." Told the insurance lady that I wrote him a check, paid in full, trusted he was an honest, hard working man and that I offered to paint a portrait of one of his special sheep he raises if he'd bring me a photo, as a thank you for all the extra work he did. She acted like no big deal that he had to take a shingle off to be analyzed so I bit my tongue to keep the anger out & explained that he had to bring a ladder, slip a shingle out & he put one that fairly matched so it wouldn't look so bad (in back)... and then had to take it to the mail room to be boxed & shipped & then brought the receipt for me to scan & send her a copy. His office is in another town I think about 30 miles away. He didn't even add that expense to his bill & I think he should have since we both furnished her with proof of what was put on this roof in 2006, & it cost him at least half a day's work to do that. I still have the 3 e-mails from the company wanting to "know how we did"... so it ain't over till this fat lady sings!  >:(  :D

I think I stopped by earlier to say good night... but sweet dreams again, and God Bless.  Shirley  Roll Call in the morning!

Gloria

Good morning everyone, feels like I woke in the middle of the night, so dark.

JANE  hope every thing is getting better for you. If you are anything like me you worry about things you cannot change.

JOY  they do that here with the fire alarm, to. I usually go outside when they do it and can hear the noise outside. They post it in the lobby but those who never go out do not know.

JENNY  I never know when my oldest son will pop in. I love it when he does and my younger son comes almost every Saturday. He calls and asks if I need anything and he will stop and get it for me. Most times I do not need anything.

LLOYD  the last 2 days have been perfect warm autumn days. Spent most of them outside.

SHIRLEY  at least it isn't a blood clot. You health is more important than the reunion.

Hello to the rest of you who will be here later.

Have a good day.

Amy

Good morning everyone..

We are off to the city for an appointment for Kyle this morning. I don't care to go in the city on a Fri but it is what it is. Will pick up a few things for us and the neighbours and head home.

Rex has had a set back, his owner was trying to shoo a fox away and Rex jumped up to see making his leg worse:( Now he is on pills for the rest of his life and no jumping running all the fun things a dog loves to do.

Shirley, thank you, I was so worried about it being a clot. That is what happened to a neighbour and she lost her foot over it. Happy to read your Dr is making sure with the "doppler"

Jot an alarm going off always starts me and makes both dogs jump to their feet.

Jane, praying for good news on your tests. What did June say? Let God worry about it as he will be up all night anyway?

Lloyd, hope all is well with you and Nancy..

Gloria, good morning and yes it is dark!! We turn the clocks back Nov 3  so up in the dark and go to bed in the dark.  I do with they would leave it alone.

Better get a move on.

Enjoy your day everyone.
Jimmy Dean