Random Image

Lloyd Hammond's Cook Stove

Owner: Lloyd Hammond
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:36:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for November 15, 2019

Started by so_P_bubble, November 15, 2019, 02:32:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Tis a chilly one out there this morning 24°F. Laundry day today and may get the big freezer cleaned out...we shall see. I am running out of room to put the cakes and need to do cookies yet too.

Gloria, I don't blame you...she is not a thoughtful worker. Do you have one of those gadgets that is a long rod with a gripper on the end? A reacher they are called

https://www.parentgiving.com/shop/reachers-855/c/

Not that may have not been long enough but a mop/broom might be. You will be so happy when your girl gets back!!

Jane, have fun with Cathy at the Amish store!

Jenny, Prayers continue for Michele, she is such a fighter and has done well with the treatments. Jonah sounds like a cutie!! Enjoy your time with him .

Better get the laundry in the washer.....seems it won't jump in there on its own. :(

Enjoy your day everyone

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Lloyd Hammond

Gloria what would you think about getting a flip phone and clipping it to or putting in a blouse pocket. I carry my cell. phone in my shirt pocket. Handy any where I am,I bought a cheep flip phone at wally world. is 38º and cloudy here supposed to change to sun and get to 44º today.  Have a good day

Lloyd

JaneS

We're back from the Amish store and I got everything I need to spend an afternoon working on candy.  As soon as I get something in my tummy, I'll be digging in. 

I hope you all have a lovely day!
Make it your own in every way!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Amy

Laundry blowin on the line and a double batch of yogurt in the instant pot. Every time I say I am going to do Jane's pb treats I get side tracked....doesn't take much anymore either! Just maybe...
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

CallieOK

Good Morning,

I see all you "Domestic Doras" are busily going about your usual culinary activities.  :smitten:  I have ingredients for Orange Marmalade bread out on the counter and am hoping I'll be inspired to "do something with them" some time today.  :)

Jenny, so happy you've had such a good time with Jonah and praying for Michelle and her family.

Gloria, so sorry you're having issues with the...is it the CNA?....    I've begun putting my cell phone on the floor if I have to use the step stool to reach something; figure that's where I'll end up if I fall and can't reach the counter. Should do the same thing if I need to get down, too.

Was expecting overnight company as they went from their home in Kansas to Houston for Thanksgiving with their son.  However, the son told them the flu is rampant in Houston and they decided not to go.

I had planned ham/sweet potatoes in the slow cooker so invited son/dil to dinner, instead.  Sent most of the left-overs home with them.  Son planned to take the ham for use while he/brother/nephew are deer hunting this weekend.

The December calendar is filling up fast!  Have a few medical maintenance appointments on there but most are fun activities.  Sure going to change my "leisurely lifestyle" for a while.

Wishing Everyfriend Everywhere an Enjoyable Day. 

Shirley

Jenny, I've been in to read 3 times already this morning and was positive I posted, but don't see it so will say again how sorry I am that Michele and family (includes you & Bob) have yet another saddness to face during these holidays. My heart aches for all of you having to carry this awful dread. Prayers, begging God to have mercy... will go on.

I am out of stalling time for getting this place shaped up. Have so many loads of laundry to get done will wear that machine out before it's a year old. I put sheets over beds & floors, even the couch in the family room, so cat fur can be taken care of easier than replacing everything! All due a shake & to the washer. Just talking about it doesn't get the job done, right?

We have bright sun but my weather warning thingy is flashing something, wind/rain/snow?  I have not heard forecast.

Amy

Shirley, shortbread cookies are also my favourite cookie and I can see why we don't bake them all year round instead of just Christmas.

Jane, I still didn't get the saltines done...I washed, made yogurt and made cherry cakes and ran out of steam. I DID nip into one of your Christmas cakes..I know I should leave them be for a while but....oh my is it good. Maybe I should hide the rest of the Christmas cakes or I won't have any for Christmas!!
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

AMY, I believe in the "Eat as you go" method of preparing for Christmas.  If we don't taste this stuff how do we know if it's fit to serve to our guests or give to our friends?  We have a duty to check it out!  That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

I finished my Niece's orders so I can deliver them to my Grandniece at her college when the opportunity strikes.  They are returning her to school after Thanksgiving but I'm not sure when.  They are supposed to let me know and they are bringing my coffee when they bring her.  I'll meet them there with Suzi's order.  Then before they pick her up for Christmas, I'll try to get all the Christmas stuff for my sister and brother and their family ready to go with them.  I always relax a little once I have that on the way and my box on the way to Texas.  And this year, I have to have 2 for Texas (one granddaughter is coming for Thanksgiving but not Christmas, and I need to get one off to Oklahoma for Granddaughter and her family. All that needs to be ready by the beginning of the second week of Dec.  I guess I better get moving.  I don't seem to have the same zap I used to have but maybe that will adjust after next week.  I have ONLY 12 more hours to go at WM and then I'm FREE!

I'm going to try to get to bed early tonight.  Then after church tomorrow, I can dig in and maybe finish the saltines.  After I get the ones dipped that are already spread, I should be almost finished.  I'd like to do that tomorrow and get them bagged, counted and tucked away so I can begin the pb and coconut cups.  They're already mixed but the putting together is a bit time consuming.  Maybe Frankie will be around to roll balls for me. 

JENNY, I forgot to say that Michele and all her extended family are constantly in my prayers.  I know I told you before that I have added Michele and family to our church prayer list so all of you are getting about 200 or so extra prayers every week!  Mine are daily!  My heart is with all of you!

And now I wish Everyfriend a peaceful night's sleep and a happy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Lloyd Hammond

well Nancy has already gone to bed, I am as soon as I get this post put together and posted I am going to join her. I will see how things go in court Monday then see If I feel like Talking about it. I just want to leave it in Gods Hands and hope he feels like we are right and swings things in our favor. pray as we do for it to settle in his desire and we are as we think we are right. we are both stressed out having to fight for what is Morley ours. until we let bob con us in to selling it to him with life time rights, that he has broken and trying to get us forced out. until we did that no one has owned except family form government to date. good night and sweet dreams.

Lloyd

JaneS

This is a quick "Good Morning Everyfriend".  I have to get ready for church before the boinger goes off or I won't make it.

We're having a bit of snow overnight and into the morning here.  So far, it's not laying even on my car which sat out all night.  Thank goodness the temps are above freezing now.

LOYD, when I go to church this morning I'm going to add you and Nancy to the prayer list.  Tat will give more prayers to God's ears this morning.  Mine are always with you!

I wish you all a lovely day!

Amy

Good morning everyone..

To dark to see what the day may be like, I know rain and or snow was forecast  for today. A day of rest here today, just have to put the yogurt away in containers after I bottle the whey.

Jane, I like that thought and will definitely abide by it. :thumbup:  Wow only 12 hours and then freedom!! You will miss the customers more than the work.

Lloyd, prayers that it will all work out in your favour. I do believe in karma and Bob will pay dearly for what he is doing to you and Nancy.

Gloria and Joy... where are you??

Think I need another cup of tea before I get ready for the day.

Enjoy your day everyone.
Jimmy Dean

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone, and thanks for all the prayer's and support. it is 32º and clear this am @6:36 A M and calling for high 50's. today. we wish you all the best just as you like.

Lloyd

phyllis

A little bit of brain fog this morning so won't say much.  It is a bright sunny day but breezy.  I'll try to do some planning for Thanksgiving.

I'll be thinking of you, Lloyd, and praying for the best.
phyllis
Cary,NC

JaneS

Well!  After taking Mickie for a short walk and assessing the situation, I opted out of going anywhere today.  The snow has definitely begun to lay and it's still coming down.  Odd thing though...it really doesn't look like Pennsylvania snow. It looks a lot like Canadian Snow but I'm sure I told AMY to keep that stuff on her side of the border.  I guess she's falling down on the job.  Too busy inside!

Gloria

Good morning everyone, raining again. I did no t check much weather yesterday so was surprised when I pulled up the shades. I should have known because I had a time getting out of bed this morning but made it. At least it is above freezing but so glad I can stay inside. I have not been out since Thursday and that is unusual for me. Even in freezing winter I would go out almost every day in the  5+ years I have been here,even if it was to sit on the porch.

AMY  I have one of those "grabbers" but was so mad at  the time I never thought about it. If she is here tomorrow she will get an earful from me.

LLOYD  I do have a flip phone but was in the kitchen charging. I usually have it is a side pocket in my rollator.

JANE  how about sharing some of your energy with me?  No fun at this time of year not making the goodies for my family.

CALLIE  I did not think my legs were that week or my arms either. If I wasn't seeing red at the time I would have got my winter slippers on and had that CNA get it out of there tomorrow.

AMY  just because I am late this morning  I am slow with everything, even my typing.

LLOYD  I wish and pray everything goes good for you and Nancy tomorrow.

PHYLLIS  even you made it in before me today.

JANE  there was a time snow never kept me home but now I stay home and cancelled appointments more than once.

Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Amy

Gloria, everyone at coffee this morning were saying how they are having a hard time getting around and not just being with it today. I may be up but think attem stayed in bed. I even had to wake the dog!!
Jane, we are having a lovely day here so it can't be our snow ...tis yours! :2funny:  No need to send it on thank you. :)
Jimmy Dean

Shirley

I hate to admit to you girls, but yesterday or day before, when some big fat snow flakes started coming down I got so excited I would have done a happy dance but for the knee.... and by the time I got the camera out it had already stopped! I'm counting on those persimmon seeds being right about lots of snow, but maybe that's only for Missouri, where they were growing.

Bright sunshine today but still a nip in the air, all cats are out sunning. I've been to church, we walked over & checked out the new gym... building a bigger church & keep adding on to the school, huge complex. Will go to the gr-grandson's 3rd birthday party in a little while. They are serving brunch but I would rather get some more zzzzzzzzzzs... only 4 hours & 15 min & that isn't enough for this little old lady. Daughter will be in town tomorrow so total chaos for the next week.  I moved this laptop to a back bedroom so not as handy to stop & chat......but I'll be checking on y'all.  Love ya, Shirley

Mary Ann

It's a lovely day today, 45 degrees and the sun is shining. 

Tom had arranged for him, Dot and me to go to lunch/brunch at a nearby restaurant; he would meet us after church.  Famous last words - when he got home last night he said his car had died - maybe the alternator or belt.  Slight change of plans in the Dot and I came here and picked up Tom to go to the restaurant.  Tom did not go to church.  So often things happen during the weekend and this was no exception.  It was a bad time to have this happen because we are going to friend, Robin's, for T-Day and there isn't a lot of time to get the car fixed before then, but the dealership is only a mile from here so I hope they can get him in.  Sunday after T-Day we are to go to Holland to be with James and family.

I'm glad any snow was east of us and I hope it stays that way.  I don't get out in the winter unless I go somewhere, nothing like sitting out on the deck or walking or hanging out clothes!

There were a lot of SS messages today.

Mary Ann

CallieOK

A sunny "almost-warm" Good Afternoon,

Thanksgiving and December are coming at me way too fast!!    Have the usual assignment for Thanksgiving dinner - chocolate dessert and cornbread dressing - and need to get the dessert made and the ingredients for the dressing together before "somebody" picks me up on Wednesday to go to son's house. I'll mix and bake the dressing there since I'm spending the night.
Hope I remember to have "whomever" brings me home get the tub of Christmas house decorations into the house from the garage.

Then I need to go to Walmart to get gift cards for the children in Whiz Kids, an after-school activity for homeless children that my church supports.  I'll also get gifts for the names I drew from the church's Giving Tree.  Those go to mothers and children in a shelter for those experiencing domestic abuse.

Also need to get grocery items for the church's Mission in downtown OKC.  We're given an Advent Calendar with a different grocery item written on each day.  Of course, we have to get the items in before the end of Advent but I think it's a clever way to make it a seasonal family project as well as provide items that are needed the most. Most, including me, bring a few items every Sunday but I like to get them all at once "while I'm thinking about it".

I baked some small loaves of Orange Marmalade bread yesterday and want to do the same with Lemon Bread before my Bridge Club meets.   They'll be expecting Martha Washington candy - but I've retired from making that.  ;)

And, of course, I have to prepare for the family trip to Wisconsin to see Miss Ellen perform and share Christmas with her.  As far as I can tell,  all is going well with the Christmas program.  There are 5 performers who are staying in town for Thanksgiving and they are putting together a dinner in the "communal kitchen" of their housing. Ellen asked for my chocolate dessert recipe so I know what she's taking.  :)

Off to make a grocery list for Me and also for Church.

JaneS

I finished all the PB Saltines today....a total of 35 dozen!  I think I might have a few extra so a put a couple dozen in the Hidey Hole for all of you to try!  Help yourselves.  There's fresh coffee and tea to go with it or cold drinks if you'd rather.  Enjoy!!

Amy

WOW Jane!! You had your attem up with you this morning! Mine didn't want to move so I did 35 winks on the chair and another  in bed with the dogs....but that one was more than 35 winks! Thank you for the treat and tea!

Callie, it seems to me the holidays come quicker each year and each year I try to get ahead and fail :(

MaryAnn, oh dear, not nice when a vehicle decides to lay down on you. Hope Tom can get it fixed soon.

Shirley, I must admit I am in awe at the snow...it is so beautiful on the trees, they look like they have been dipped in icing sugar! Then when the sun shines they sparkle! As much as I am not looking forward to waltzing with the snow blower or shovel, I can appreciate the beauty of snow.
Jimmy Dean

Lloyd Hammond

well we had a good day. went to daughter's house and had a good feed.she mostly fixed but a few brought in some as we did. brother and his wife were there from Page AZ. and sister and hubey. and nephews and nieces and  spouses and grand's. very good day see you all tomorrow after court, i will try hard to be civil and proper. good night and sweet dreams.

Lloyd

JaneS

OOPS! A slight clerical error!  I only made 26 doz. saltines!  I checked my addition and there it was.  But the extras are still in the Hidey Hole!

LLOYD, sounds like you had a good day today.  I it's a sign of what's coming tomorrow and everything turns out the way you want it tomorrow. 

JaneS

I'm off to Dreamland!  I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a Happy Tomorrow....especially you, LLOYD!

Lloyd Hammond

JaneS I hope your dream land is doing just what you need and want. not so here tonight, I according to the reader on My Bypap Machine I have had 4.5 hours of sleep Not so .I did have it that long but may have actuality had 1.5 hours. I hope after today things work Like I think they should and we can get back to sleep with rest again. old age is not what it is cracked up to be exaspely when someone is messing with you. well I am going to go turn the TV on and get a movie and hope that will do the trick.see you all later on today.

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning everyone...

Didn't wish to see morning this early but it is what it is. We are to go to the city to do some Christmas shopping and return an item but not sure on the weather. Back step is showing light rain but the weather dogs came in dry? I don't wish to travel if freezing rain is in the forecast.

Jane 26 doz is still a lot!! Are you going to be 4 hours closer to retirement after today?

Lloyd, all the best for you and Nancy today. I pray everything is in your favour. No matter which way it goes remember you and Nancy are more important in this life and need to take care of each other.

Enjoy your day everyone.

Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Good Morning Evryfriend!  it sounds like none of us slept well last night.  Mickie decided that she had to GO at 4:15 this morning and she wasn't kidding!   

LLOYD, my prayers are with you, today!

Yeparoonie AMY.  After today I'll have 8 hours left to work!  I'm really looking forward to this coming Saturday!  And with all the changes that are being made, it was time to move out!  I get to keep my discount card forever so that's a good thing.  Lots of hugs from other associates when they hear I'm leaving.  I think a few of the people behind the counters are going to miss me and I'm getting well-wishes from LOTS of customers.  They are the ones I'll REALLY miss!

I wish you all a lovely day!

Gloria

Good morning everyone, cannot believe I slept till 6:30 this morning, Latest in in awhile that I got a good 7 hours in dreamland.

AMY  I have had trouble getting around for years now but still having trouble getting used to it. If I could forget how I got around before Art H Ritis got hold of me I would be content? WOW YOU EVEN HAD TO WAKE THE DOG UP? Now that is unusual.

SHIRLEY  my grandson stopped inviting me to his son's birthday because they have so may people and little ones I cannot take all the commotion and noise. Of course I love seeing my great grandson but not with so many kids around. Do I sound like an old grouch?  Maybe I am now. I am still waiting to see snow.

CALLIE  I got online yesterday and got a delivery of groceries, they will be here today between 3 & 5. I was hoping for a morning delivery but at this late date I was lucky to get the time I did. That means no one to help me put things away. I ordered a few things to take to Tday at my grandson's new home. I have not seen it yet but the pictures he sent me It is bigger  than the one he had. Another time I miss my regular CNA, she was a whiz at shopping and knew better than to substitute what I wrote on the list. The one I have now will substitute for something I do not like.

JANE oh I would love to try your dipped saltines. Love chocolate. Would eat it every day but do know better.

AMY  I am like you with the beauty of snow. Especially now that I do not have to shovel anymore.

LLOYD  prayers go with you today.
Wonderful family gathering Saturday.

Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

phyllis

I was shocked when I didn't wake up until after 7!  And, I think I could have gone back to sleep for even longer.  Seems like all I want to do these days is sleep.

I'm thinking about you today, Lloyd, and hoping for the best.

Jane, I'm certain you will be missed by co-workers and customers.

Take care, All.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Mary Ann

Jane, time marches on and it won't be long before you can march right out of the store and not return to work. 

Gloria, I'll bet if you decided you wanted to go to your grandson's, he's welcome you with open arms.  I don't blame you about lots of people and especially young children.

I seldom dream and remember any, more seldom.  But this morning I had a crazy one.  I was in a twin bed and had a roommate.  Both of us wanted to shower and I decided to let her go first.  It was 8:30 am.  She didn't get up when I thought she should, so I decided to get up; the time was nearing 9 am.  By that time I was really awake.  I turned over and looked at the clock, expecting to see it was 9 am, only it was 7:30 am.  I didn't get up!

I know it will be a busy week for everyone, even Tom and me.  For one thing, Tom's car died last night and this morning it went off on a flatbed trailer to be repaired.  He will be here all day until the car comes back.  Tomorrow Tom's SisIL will be here to cut my toenails and have lunch.  Wednesday we will go to Sheridan to pick up Tom's former MIL to take her to Annie's where we will not be having T-Day dinner.  Somewhere in there I'll put together a layered salad.  Thursday we will go to Tom's friend, Robin's, to have T-day with her and friends.  I'll be ready to collapse Friday because that will be more activity than I'm used to.  Getting old is not for sissies!

Mary Ann