Random Image

DSCF0480.JPG

Owner: donklan
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:46:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for December 1,2019

Started by so_P_bubble, December 01, 2019, 01:33:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denver

It is Saturday Night and I am going to attempt to say a quick HELLO to EVERYFRIEND.  I continue to have issues with my internet and I have lost so many posts that I have lost count. 

Strangely, it seems to be effecting a lot of things.  I have been getting Birthday Greetings today that were sent a week ago on Face Book and they are just now appearing. 

My picture today is my Grandson Jonah taken yesterday on his FIRST Birthday.

I do not have much to say....just that I hope you all are doing well and having a good nght of rest .

Pleasant dreams to all.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

JaneS

Just a quick "Good Morning Evryfriend" today.  I have to get my shower and get ready for church while we wait out Mickie's morning pill.  But coffee first!

JENNY, Good night and good morning to you!  An Happy Birthday to Jonah! 

I'll try to get back in later but there's lots planned for today.  I hope it all gets done and I can begin o enjoy the way to Christmas!  I really enjoy making the candy for friends and family but it sure is time consuming! 

I wish you all a lovely day!
Make it your own in every way!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Amy

Good morning everyone.

Dull day out but no new snow! A day of rest here.May do some cookies later on in the afternoon but we shall see.

Jenny Happy Birthday to Jonah...wow the year went quick! Hope your internet problems stop, that is so frustrating.

Joy, it is a blessing when you get someone that is helpful. I have had a difficult time just understanding them at times.
Have fun with your little ones at breakfast with Santa!

Gloria, one has to become a master of all trades in life..

Where is Lloyd? Phyllis too???

Better get ready to meet the day..

Enjoy your day everyone.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

phyllis

I'm here, Amy.  Thank you for thinking about me.  Yesterday went a little downhill.  Didn't feel too good last night but after a good night's sleep I feel better today.  The sun is shining so that helps but rain is supposed to come in tonight. 

The town picked up the leaves yesterday that had been moved to the curb...and there were huge mounds of them all up and down the street...but more have come down and will have to be blown out to the curb for a future pick-up.  David just looks at the yard with a despairing sigh.  :-\  I keep reminding him that it is not snow.  I remember when we lived in upstate New York, Tom would shovel huge amounts of snow and just as he finished, the snow plow would come by and push up more big piles to be shoveled.  He would just stand for a minute and shake his head and then go back to shoveling.  Poor guy.

We're having a good Beef Stew today. I managed to put it together in the Crock Pot and put it in the fridge overnight.  It will slow simmer all day and we will have it later this afternoon.  One of our favorites along with some good bread and some kind of dessert.
 Think I might make a sweet biscuit and put some cherry filling in it and on it.  Quick and easy.

Take care, Everyone.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Lloyd Hammond

Gloria I have been Looking in and reading. sort of depressed. weighting to see witch way judge will sway. afraid to Leave home and leave it open to the thieves. Heaven t got Dave and his things gone yet. he keep's sneaking around getting some of his things on the sly.  40º and mostly cloudy calling for rain this afternoon.Have a great day.

Lloyd

Gloria

Good morning everyone, the sun is shining bright and it is a freezing 12° at 8:45 am. My son was here yesterday for his weekly visit and had a surprise, his oldest daughter was with him. She is  the one who just moved into my old apartment in his house. She looks so happy to be living with family, she is 41 and has been on her own since she was 20. I know she is one who will keep the apartment spotless, not like what my DIL's brother did. It cost my son over $3,000 to clean and replace almost every thing in the apartment.  She wants nothing to do with her brother anymore.

AMY  you really didn't have to send your freezing cold temperature here.  One thing it is good for-killing a lot of bugs and germs in the air.

JANE  if I was closer I would help you with rolling the coconut balls. Of course a couple of them might disappear into my mouth even before the chocolate.

JOY  like you I cannot do much in the way of cooking sitting down. I tried many times. I tried sitting to iron but could not do that either.

JANE  with all the fudge I used to make I never heard of gumdrop fudge before. If I had a recipe for that even 6 years ago I would have  tried making it.

JENNY  it ha been a week since I got any email, that is very unusual.

PHYLLIS  I remember coming home from work and having to shovel to get into my parking spot. Just as I finished there comes the plow again and I swear the guys in the truck were laughing because I had to start all over again.

LLOYD  I feel bad for you and what you are going through. Just shows you can never trust anyone, best friends or family either.

Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

JaneS

Gloria, I was looking through my little red book a few days ago and I decided that I have your old phone number unless you kept the same one when you moved.  When you get your email going again, would you clear this up for me?  Also, since you're going to be sending me a phone number, would you include an address and your son's first name?  I don't remember you ever using it on this site and it would be nice to know.

I went to church, came home and took Mickie for a nice walk.  Then I put the chocolate on to melt and I'm having another cup of coffee while I wait.  Shouldn't be too long.

GLORIA, I never heard of gumdrop fudge either until I ran across this recipe.  It was really easy to do and it's really pretty for the holidays.  I saved some of the red gumdrops to make it again for Valentine's day and some green ones for Easter....MAYBE.  The verdict is still being pondered.  No final decision.  Maybe I'll go eat a piece now and ponder some more.

CAROL, I'll be over for supper.  It sounds sooooo good!

Keep on enjoying your day, Everyfriend!  I'm off to the "salt mines"...

Lloyd Hammond

as I have said before a bad piney always returns and Here I am. but with somersetting good to talk about. we have a large Christmas kackti. and it has thirty blooms and buds on it. when our G D comes I will have her take a picture of it and post it. Have a good rest of the day see you Later.

Lloyd

Carol

Jane, I'll set a plate for you. 

Lloyd:  You are not a Bad Penny - I hope you get some rest and peace over the holidays.

I worked on all the quiz answers but saw that most of my answers were already "taken" so I did not post in the quiz.  We will be with two of my cousins for Christmas Eve and that will be wonderful  They live in Minnesota and one pulled his RV here this week.  He was driving in New Mexico and somewhere at a stop, someone stole two tire bolts.  Cousin Jim was driving when one wheel fell off and then a 2nd. wheel.  They had great emergency help but ended up staying at a business for five days (in a small town).  The people were great - they let Jim hook-up to electricity and drove them to the grocery store, all sorts of good gestures.  That is the Christmas story for this year. 

Amy

For a day of rest, I think I have done enough work!! This afternoon Scottish shortbreads and 4 doz Frangipane tarts were made. My feet are going to go rest..

Carol, how lucky they were in no one got hurt!! Wonder can they have lock bolts like car tires do?? There are lots of wonderful people out there when you need a hand. Once when travelling we went to PEI not knowing no camp grounds were open that early  The man at the store told us to pull around back and hook up and another man said to go to his place down the road and hook up...neither one of them knew us but the hospitality was great.

Lloyd, I hope you can get the photo of your plant posted. Would love to see it in bloom!! Mine only has 3 blooms on it. :(

Jane, can you just imagine if we all got together for a pot luck meal?? What fun we would have enjoying all the goodies......wonder if they make really stretchy slacks ??

Gloria, we are to  get rain tomorrow and hubby wants ot head to the city after getting his feet done....we will see how it goes.

Phyliss, hope today is a much better day for you. Everything is covered in snow at the moment but with rain on the way we may be down to bare ground again.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

AMY, I don't know about the "stretchy pants" but a Muumuu would work.  Lots of room under there!

CAROL, thanks for dinner.  That really hit the spot!  You're a good cook and even better company. 

I got all the coconut cups done today and the special bags for special people packed, labeled and in the back room with the rest of the packed stuff.  Unfortunately, after another walk with Mickie, cleaning up, the kitchen, washing all the utensils and packing them away, and washing the chocolate off everything in the kitchen, I didn't have any energy left to do anything else. I made some dinner, fed Mickie and turned on the TV.  After I ate, I don't remember what happened but the next time I looked at the clock it was 8 o'clock.  So I got into my jammies and took the rest of the night off.

GLORIA, I have about 8 coconut cups that didn't pass quality control.  If you were here, you could race my granddaughter to take them off my hands. 

Tomorrow, I have to bag the trash and get my big can ready for pickup on Friday and take the other stuff up to my son's dumpster.  After I deposit it in the dumpster, I'll pick up Frankie and Cooper-dog to come over here and "hang out" for a while.  Maybe she'll help me pack the mixed bags.  If she doesn't, I won't feed her.  Yeah, right!

I have to do some book work tomorrow, too.  Or maybe I'll sit here and do that tonight. I'm a little "wishy-washy" right now but I'll get better at thinking as I move along.

I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one.

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Raining at the moment  ,still have snow but if it rains today and again tomorrow we will be back to bare ground.

Taking Kyle to his appointment this morning then he wants to head to the city. We will make the first stop at the cheese factory on the way..

Jane, yes that will work! Have a fun day with Frankie and Cooper today..

Enjoy your day everyone.
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend! We got up 15 minutes before the alarm went off this morning.  Mickie's been out and had her pill and the coffee just finished in the kitchen.  Be right back....

OK, I have my coffee and now where are my thoughts?

I just noticed a picture of Robby in the margin.  I think of him all the time.  I often wonder if he was analyzing all of us or just enjoying himself.  Either way, he sure was a special guy!

Now, where was I.  My thoughts sure are wandering this morning.  While I was in the kitchen, I started the dog food so that when the pill wait time is up, Mickie can have her breakfast.

Also, I think I might have gone to the wrong house for dinner last night.  It was a good dinner but I was expecting PHYLLIS's beef stew.  PHYLLIS, were there leftovers?  I'll be over today.  Are we having them for lunch or supper?

AMY, have a safe (and fun) trip to the city, whatever city it is!

Guess I better get moving if I want to be ready to take the trash and pick up Frankie.

phyllis

Barely enough stew left for another meal for David, Jane.  Next time I make a stew I'll keep it a secret for just you and me and we can have all we want before anyone else knows about it.  ::)

I woke up to a foggy morning here.  Very mysterious looking.  We had a little rain yesterday evening with more coming...so they say. 

David went Christmas "looking" yesterday afternoon and he said the shopping center was really busy.  I'm glad I do my shopping on line now and by check.  I couldn't handle the traffic or the crowds though I do miss seeing the colorful decorations.

Laundry day again.  The days go by so quickly.  Hope your days are all good ones.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Gloria

Good morning everyone, woke late a bit after 8 but was still awake after 1:am. I am getting tired of nights like that. Warmer than yesterday 37° and raining.

JANE  I think I have your phone number but will have to hunt for it. Most likely I will send you a PM in here. Later, depends what time a CNA gets here today. I have 2 email addresses but use gmail and that is the one not working. Yesterday on Skype I asked my daughter to send me an email on the other one and it came through. I will send that one to you.

LLOYD  one thing I found out about a Christmas cactus is if it is blooming leave it where it is, don't move it. I did that a couple of times and the flowers and buds fell off in less than a day. You are not a bad penny, just a kind trusting man with a Judas who was a false friend.

CAROL  there are bad people like the ones who stole the bolts but then there are more good ones like those helping your cousin.

AMY  I night have mentioned it before but there is a Christmas cactus in the community room here, maybe I should say a crazy one. It blooms several times a year, Easter and Christmas being 2 of them. It gets loaded with blooms and it is surprising to see it blooming in the middle of summer. I noticed it is never moved, not even turned around and it is in a huge pot. We have rain in the forecast for the next 3 days. A pot luck with all of us would be wonderful. I don't cook but I could supply something.All I would need to wear is a pair of my old pants I no longer wear because they will not stay up.

JANE  hmm wonder if I could win a race with my rollator against your granddaughter. Maybe we  could agree to split  them?

PHYLLIS  I would not be able to even like getting into the crowd of shoppers anymore. At one time I did enjoy  it.

Have a good day.

JaneS

GLORIA, don't worry about having to beat out Frankie.  She's a sharer and she'd even bring you the last one!  All you have to do is ask!

PHYLLIS, I won't tell if you don't.  We'll just share together.  Shall we invite your son?

I just came in here to look up my recipe for hot mustard. I need to make some today....maybe.

Better get on the ball!  Sorry, AMY, I can't "put an egg in my boot..."  I need the eggs for the mustard and maybe cookies later.

Shirley

Well, I took that ride over to Photos and forgot to come back here.  Did get to the Dr today for X-ray & blood work, hope we can figure what this latest problem is, I'm sure tired of hurting all over, even in bed.  Turned bitter cold, winds piling up the leaves in mounds... strong winds that kept the chill index way down. Cats are all inside. Hope all of you are warm and snug for the night. Sweet dreams and God Bless!  Shirley  :snowball:  :stars:

JaneS

Just stopping by to say "Good Night Everyfriend".  I think I got a lot done today but I'll have to check it out tomorrow.  I'm too tired to think about it tonight.

I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Lloyd Hammond

good evening everyone. well it is time I bid you all good night. Gloria thanks for the info. on the cati. If Nicole Makes it by tomorrow will have her take a picture of ours. hope we can turn the table enough to take the picture of it and turn right back. Hope to see you all tomorrow.

Lloyd

Denver

Here I am checking in again at a very late hour....

Bob and I did not sleep well at all last night, so we are both more than ready to head off to bed.  Not sure why, but the alarm was set to get us up at 6 so that we could get down to Dave's Home in time for Michele to leave and get to her MRI appointment and the fitting of the mask for her upcoming Gamma Knife procedure this coming Friday.

We took the two youngest ones to their school....one goes within a couple of miles, but the other goes to a school quite a bit further....as we were dropping the furtherest one, the oldest grandson called us and said he was not feeling well so could we pick him up?  Sure glad we did not have anything else scheduled🤣🤣

We picked him up and then went to a breakfast place as we had not had anything and Matt said the school nurse was concerned that he had a blood sugar drop.....he is not a know diabetic, but she felt his symptoms were eluding to that.  He ate a good breakfast and was feeling much better when we took him home.  I sure hope he does not have diabetes. 

I do hope EVERYFRIEND has a good night of rest and pleasant dreams to all.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Gloria

Good morning everyone,  54° rain stopped for now but supposed to start after noon again then sometime after midnight it will turn to snow and snow most of tomorrow. Glad I do not have to go anywhere. Would need someone with me to get my jacket on. I have to spread everything on the bed and sit and reach back for the sleeves. Can no longer stand up to put anything on except a hat when it is cold and windy. Talk about feeling useless these days.

JANE Nice to know that Frankie is a sharer, so am I but I would never ask either. My Mother raised me to never ask for anything when going to a friend's house. Even at my daughter  or son's house I would not ask for anything, silly I know but can still hear her  voice telling me that is a no no. You do remind me of all the baking and candy making I used to do for Christmas. Would have been easier to go shopping and buy something. But then I always liked getting something home made, means more I think, made with love. Right?

SHIRLEY  I seldom check Photos since I no longer have a camera and don't take anything to post there. Since I no longer do PSP I keep forgetting to check there either and am ashamed of myself. I know how it feels to do all those creations and no one looks or says anything. I know when we did the birthday greetings and notify the birthday person, either they did not bother to look  or never said anything. Like you I am tired of being in pain so know what you are feeling.

LLOYD  moving your Christmas cactus for a few minutes might do nothing to it but when I moved mine the room I put it in was warmer and might have done something to it too.

JENNY  looks like your grandson should be tested for diabetes. Don't you have the testing kit?

Have a good day.

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  Mickie and I are waiting out the boinger but I have to go out there and make coffee in a minute.  Then I have to start my day's activities.  My friends and I are going to the movies this afternoon.  She'll be picking me up around 2 so I have some time to accomplish something.

Since I didn't get the candy packing done yesterday, that's first on my agenda today.  Or maybe I'll mix the sand tarts first and then pack.  I didn't get the mustard made either and all the stuff is sitting on the counter.  Maybe I better do that first.  Boy!  I'm really wishy washy today!  I better get with it or Christmas will creep in and I'll miss it.

Waiting to see LLOYD's photo.  I've never tried to grow a Christmas Cactus.  My growing skills are such that I just don't think it's fair to the Cactus.

Gloria, if you were here and Frankie said directly to you, "There's on coconut cup left. Would you like to have it?" Would your mother all you to say "yes"?  If she wouldn't, I think that's one time you should defy your mother and not hurt Frankie's feelings.  Because it would do that!  So when are you coming over?

JENNY, I hope that school nurse is totally wrong about your grandson! 

I better get moving.

OH! There's June in the margin!  I really miss her but I bet there was rejoicing in Heaven!

Lloyd Hammond

good Morning everyone.clear and cold 18º today. I keep thinking about things I need to do but they are outside and this old bode doesn't take the cold well any more. so couch Jockey I will be again today.so say in and stay comfey. Is my thought.

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning everyone.
My, the trip to the city is tiring. We had a great time getting a lot done...even took a side road to the choco factory an TWO cheese factories! Managed to score some fabic at the quilt stop, bet that didn't surprise anyone :) It has birds on it in panels and then bought matching fabric to go with it.

Today is finish up cookies and clean,, sure hope my energy wakes up soon to work with me.

Shirley, hope they find your problem  and soon for you.

Jane ,wow you have a lot on your agenda today.

Gloria, the rain has taken away most of our snow and we are to get more rain today.

Lloyd, smart move to hold the couch down.....enjoy every minute!!

Enjoy your day everyone.
Jimmy Dean

Lloyd Hammond

JaneS If you have a east window where it can get plenty sun,and put in big pot with plenty good soil ( barnyard soil is best) water It good only once a week. that should take care of your green thumb.

Lloy

Lloyd Hammond

Amy I wish I lived close to you I would be knocking on your door with my hand out for a hand out for some of them.

Lloyd

Amy

Lloyd, you would have to beat me as we do run some goodies to the neighbours :) We also pick up huge cheese bagels for us and the neighbour as we have them hooked on the bagels also!!
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Got two boxes packed and ready for the P.O.  Managed to get most of the individual bags of candies packed and labeled.  I'm down to a half shelf in the fridge that's nothing but candy.  I actually have room for some REAl food!  But only until I mix the gumdrops.  They need to sit flat in the fridge until they are set...sometime tomorrow.

LLOYD, maybe I'll try a Christmas Cactus for next Christmas.  When do you think I need to plant it?  And how big does the pot have to be?  You see, I'm not a good gardener.  But my daughter is and I'll draft her to help me.  It wouldn't dare not grow for her.

SHIRLEY, how are you today?  I'm thinking about you and saying a few prayers, too.

Next on my agenda is a shower and some decent clothes for travelling to the movie with friends.  Also lunch in there somewhere.  I need to make a trip to the grocery store, too.  I'm out of 1/2 amd 1/2.  Also need a couple gift cards.  Guess I better get moving.

LLOYD, pick me up on the way to Amy's.  I like cheese, too!

Amy

Tis a windy day out there now. Lots of ice about from the rain now also. Finished dipping, baking and rolling this morning. Now need to get at wrapping gifts.

Jane, we have found a new favourite in garlic red pepper curds..oh my are they tasty. The cheese that Kyle likes in Old Sharp, it is one of the cheese that can be spread at room temp. Ours never lasts that long to test the theory.
Have a fun girls day out ..
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

The movie was funny and a bit touching!  It was called "Playing With Fire" and the kids who were in it were very good!  We laughed a lot.  Then we stopped at an Ollies outlet on the way home and I bought a bag of potato chips and a gadget that sits on the divider of a double sink and holds "stuff".  My friend got what she needed and then we came home. 

I have the green stuff for the gum drops in the fridge and let it set up overnight.  I'll cut them in shapes and sugar them tomorrow.  One of the things I have to get at the store is red jello.  I thought I got it but I got the sugar free and you can't use that for the gumdrops.

Tomorrow is another day!  I'll take the two boxes that are ready for sending to the PO and then stop at the bank and then the grocery store and then home to cut green gumdrops and mix red ones.  Also, pack the box for Texas and make AMY's hot mustard. 

AMY, the cheese sounds sooooo good.  I never heard of the garlic and red pepper curds but if it's hot and spicy, it's right up my alley.  Kyle's fav sounds good too.

My sister sent me a message this morning that her granddaughter is going home this weekend and I might consider going with her.  I could have a visit with my sis and brother and then come back on Sunday when Bethany comes back.  It would be good for all of us because I could drive to Bethany's college and she'd drive my car to my sister's and her sister would pick her up there instead of having to drive an hour and a half to come get her and bring her back.  I'm trying to decide if I can exchange 3 busy days at home for a leisurely visit with my sis and I'm leaning toward a "yes" on that one.  I haven't seen them since August and that was just a short visit on the way home from a family reunion. 

The weather is the big thing that's holding me back but it's not supposed to snow.

Now I'm off to bed.  Tomorrow is going to be a humdinger!  I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy tomorrow. And may God bless us, every one!