Random Image

snipped jack

Owner: Sandy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:23:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for December 1,2019

Started by so_P_bubble, December 01, 2019, 01:33:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Hammond

well Jane we would be glad to have you to hitch a ride with when go. we will have to wight and see if we have any money left after all the court is done. well I am going to turn T V Off and hit the hay now. so sweet dreams and good night. I will try to get measurements of the pot tomorrow. also bring my creamer in from Rv and take pictures. Nicole is having health problems now so has not made it by yet.

Lloyd

Gloria

Good morning everyone, 32° and it is snowing. Looks like it is coming down fast. Doesn't look like it started at midnight because the ground is hardly covered. Yesterday all the weather guessers made it sound that by now we would be having inches of it. Of course with all the rain yesterday and the temperature dropping I imagine the roads are icy. I will be worried about my son driving today. I wish he would retire, he is 67 but I think he is happier at work than at home. Oh well who am I  to tell him what to do. Only his Mom who loves him. No CNA showed up yesterday and had no call either. Got a call late afternoon telling me I would have one today IF the roads were OK. I told her I am getting tired of no help on Fridays. She didn't know I had 2 hours 5 days a week. Terrible to put someone into a job with really no time to learn what she is supposed to do. Guess she never had time to read all the files. This company is supposed to be the best around.

JANE  what movie did you see yesterday? I would tell Frankie to cut  that last coconut cup in half and share it.

LLOYD  you are getting like me, I do not want to go out in the winter anymore. Of course like I say I have no more fat to hold the heat in because I lost so much weight. Find some good old western movies and stay inside.

AMY  it poured here all day yesterday. Just heard on the TV we are in for more rain Saturday. All the rain so far is not doing me any good but if it was all snow we would be snow up to the first floor windows here.

LLOYD  I agree, an east window is best for plants. All I now have is windows facing south west. In summer keep the shades down to try and keep some of the sun's heat out.

JANE  hope you use the post office boxes to mail all those goodies. Plain boxes cost more to send-by weight and distance. Go visit your sister. As we get older the days of visiting get less and less. A few days of not working at all the cooking you have been doing will be good.

Just  checked out the window and the ground is now covered and the maintenance man Paul is cleaning the snow from the entry.
Time for another cup of coffee.

Have a good day

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Amy

Good morning everyone..

No new snow this way..10° F out there at the moment.

Need to nip into town for a few things then wrap some gifts. That should be it other than tidy up in here..

Gloria, please don't send the  snow this way, I don't mind you not sharing :) I know what you mean about worrying about sons on the road,mine is on his way home and should be back tomorrow if all goes well.

Jane, the curd isn't spicy just tasty. 

Better get my attem up and get ready for the day.

Enjoy your day everyone.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Lloyd Hammond

Good morning everyone. It is 27º here and sunny headed for 47º today. the bad news Is our youngest grandson is in mercy hospital with bad cold and fluid in his lungs.so prayer are in order. see you all later.

Lloyd

Sandy

Good Morning Everyone from
the cold and partly sunny and
windy, rocky coast of Maine. 
:thumbup: 

Yesterday was a beautiful day
with temps up into the 50's  ..
How unusual!   But today
we are back to our dark winter
normal temps.   Cold but some
sun and wind.  Spring is  a long
way away.  :jump:

All is well here for me.  Today is the
last day of my using eye drops for
my recent successful  cataract surgery.. 
Which went very well and I am very grateful
for that.    :coolsmiley:

Seasonal Celebration have taken over
everything here except political  havoc
(which we do not discuss, fortunately!)
 :knuppel2:

The above has messed up my daytime tv
watching.   Thank heavens for Netflix,
Hulu and Prime movie channels.  I escape
into them whenever necessary!

Hope you all have happy holidays and I
hope to be paying more attention to Seniors
and Friends now that we care coming into and
new Decade beginning with Jan 1st, 2020.... 
 :D

How exciting !!!

Have a good week Everyone!
Sandy
 :smitten:

Sorry about your Grandson who is very
ill in the hospital ,  LLoyd... I hope that he
gets better soon.
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

JaneS

I just lost my post and I can't do it over!  Later maybe!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

CallieOK

:hello: So far, my week has been  :thinking: and :dogrunning:

I'm planning on a :calm:  weekend but you know what they say about "the best laid plans...."

Wishing Everyfriend Everywhere an Enjoyable Day.

Lloyd Hammond

good evening everyone. g grand is still in HP. they drew the fluid out of his lungs today. he is puking up some but they are going to keep him in HP at least one more day. good night and sweet dreams. hope to see you all tomorrow.

Lloyd

Amy

Managed to get some gifts wrapped this afternoon,may finish it tomorrow. Neighbour called and said Rex was on his way to the vet as he couldnt keep any food down. Thank goodness he came home, as we werent sure what would happen. Seems he was having trou le with the meds for his pain. They are also trying a new food.

Lloyd, prayers for your grandson..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Well, I'm going to try this again and hopefully, I won't lose it.

It's been quite a time beginning about 11 last night.  I went out with Mickie and she beat me back up the steps to come in.  I was on the last step up to the concrete porch and I bent down to rub her head and love her up a bit.  My toe caught on the edge of the porch and threw me onto the porch.  Thank goodness, I was already low so nothing on my body from the shoulders down, got hurt but my head didn't stop moving when my body did.  I saw a million stars and got a lump the size of a golf ball right above my eye and some other abrasions on the side of my face and my nose.  I called my daughter to tell her what happened just in case and she showed up at my house 15 minutes later and hustled me off to the hospital ER. 

After some feeling of the lump and some eyeballing by the dr., the did a CAT scan and then we waited.  When the results came back nothing was broken and there was no internal bleeding.  The dr. said that if you have to hit your head, that's the best place to do it but he didn't recommend it. 

This morning into the afternoon, I began to look like I'd done 3 rounds with Mike Tyson and lost.  I have a shiner you wouldn't believe!  And I don't know why they call them "shiners" because they don't shine!

Any, that's my story and I'm stuck with it.  I have no other spots that hurt except a little pain in my neck now and then and great big sore spot on my ego!

I'm going to go to bed early tonight and I'm not taking Mickie out that door! 

And I almost forgot my 12 year old granddaughter's school chorus concert was tonight.  When my son called to check up on me, it reminded me and I asked if he was still going to pick me up.  He said, "I am if you still want to go".  I did and he did and it was a nice evening out.

Also managed to finish the green gumdrops today.  I'll do the red ones tomorrow when I get home from my follow up appointment at the dr. 

LLOYD, I hope your grandson is on the mend.  Prayers are going his way!

CALLIE, good luck with your weekend!

AMY, I hope the next-door-doggie is feeling better by now.

I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy tomorrow and may God bless us, every one!  He was surely with me last night!

Lloyd Hammond

JaneS I do not know what to tell you, except what Nancy tell everyone about me a accident Looking to happen. we are not close enough to hug and conceal, so long distance will have to do just spoken. slow down and be careful sweet heart. get some absorb en JR and swab on the sore spots. carfule not to get in your eye,s. Back to bed for me now. I have had my snack and water refresh.

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning everyone.
What a windy night it was last night. We did get some snow but not a lot. Just going to take the day as it comes....lots to do so we shall see what does or doesn't get done.

Jane, my goodness today you may feel the effects of your fall, just take it easy. I did that last year, plowing into the outside door frame  but my bump was on the side of my head. I was out feeding the birds and came toward the  house and boom ,down I went!

Lloyd, any word on your grandson?

Have a great day everyone..
Jimmy Dean

phyllis

Jane, I don't like hearing that you fell but am relieved that the ER found nothing serious.  That is not the way to enjoy your retirement.

Things are ok here.  Trying to get a grocery list together for David to do the shopping today.  I don't like that he has to take on this chore, too, but it is what it is and for some reason we feel we need to eat.

Beautiful sun shining after several dreary and rainy days but, a bit chilly.

Take care, All, and no falls, please.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Mary Ann

Jane, I know what you look like and don't be surprised if the shiner goes across your nose and under the other eye.  Been there, done that.  I hit my head over my left eye and I know I had a lump, maybe not as large as yours.  I went to my doctor and a nurse said she'd like to see the other guy.  You will recover!

It's all of 18 degrees this morning and I think the forecast is for 40 degrees tomorrow.  No wonder people get sick. 

I'm going to work on Christmas cards today.  I think I have all of 20 to send; the number dwindles each year. 

Mary Ann

JaneS

I'm up and attem .... well maybe not "attem" all the way yet.  Amazingly, I don't feel too bad today. 

Thanks for the advice LLOYD and I'll consider myself "hugged long distance".  I wasn't actually in a hurry, I just wasn't paying attention.  That step on the front porch is one of the things on the list to be fixed.  I'm not sure when that will be.

I think I'm going to stop and take a short break.  My sister says that my grandniece who goes to college near me, is going home for this coming weekend.  I'm going to get in touch with her to see if she wants to drive my car there with me in it.  I'd have a visit with my sis and bro and maybe relax a bit.  I'm going to concentrate on getting the things ready that I need to get to them.  And the stuff for the Post Office today and tomorrow and then take the weekend off.  Sounds like a winner to me.

AMY, I remember when you did that bump on the side of the head.  No fun bumping heads is it?  I can't stop thinking that Someone was watching out for me because I have nothing worse than a black eye!

Sorry, I got sidetracked and had to go finish making the dog food and feed my furry friend.  Then I got dressed and ready for my follow up dr. appt. today and had to see if the car would start.  Took Mickie for a nice walk and here I am.  And that's it so far. 

PS.  Thanks for that, MARY ANN.  Today it just seems to be all squinched up around my eye and my nose but hasn't crossed over my nose.  Maybe my nose is bigger than yours?

PHYLLIS, I've always said that if we didn't have to eat, I could save a LOT of money.  It seems every time I get something ahead, my stomach growls and the grocery store calls.

I wish you all a lovely day!
Make it your own in every way!

Gloria

Good morning everyone, CNA yesterday did the laundry so that is done for another week, same one coming today in half an hour from now. I got a call from the CNA I have had for 2 years yesterday. She said the PT is working great and she will be back after the holidays. Yippee.

Don't have much time to chat  but

LLOYD I will be praying for your grandson.

My oldest son loves fruit cake so I ordered one for him and it got here yesterday and then I got a box from my daughter. Oatmeal cookies and her first time making fudge, both yummy. Also have a new Arizona calendar, beautiful scenes in it. Son came over and brought me some applesauce he made and also dome of the 15 bean soup he made. The soup  is great. I gave him the fruitcake and his eyes lit up when he opened the box. It was not meant for a Christmas gift, more a thank you for all he does for me. Then he looked at me and to me I should not have spent my money on him. I know what I want to do for other son but I cannot get out for it.

JANE  hope that "shiner" fades fast or people will wonder who beat you up. Glad the fall wasn't worse.

Have to go and get dressed before I have this CNA here in about 15 minutes. At least she does see what needs doing and not wait for me to tell her.

Have a good day.

Shirley

I'm here to check half a dozen times a day but hate to always whine & that's all I'm getting done lately. Hope for some break through when I go to PT for first time tomorrow. Not sure why my Dr doesn't see fit to do an MRI or what ever it takes to find what the head pain it.

Jane, you certainly know how to take a fall.... to not have major injuries. Keep a brown paper bag handy to put over your head  as those colors change from purple, yellow, green & gold.... they can get pretty showy and lasted forever for me. I manage to get the back of my head more than face, but bright red hair over glowing white is a little much. Hope you aren't too stiff as the muscles go for pay back for abusing them.

Trying to get a shower in & wash this awful hair mess... boy, wearing a hoodie to bed is not what the hair needs! Hair, top of head & behind ears still screaming this morning.... and only 2 more augmentin pills left so figure that will be extended.

Have warmer (50) weather tomorrow & hope to feel up to picking up leaves... not because they NEED it, but because I NEED to get some exercise & have never been one to just "exercise"... feel like a gerbil on those little wheels when nothing to show for my efforts. Everyone take care of yourselves... be back later to check up. All the news from Kansas for right now! Shirley

Sandy

Shirley...

I do  not understand just how you can
stand all of that pain,  and the doctors
are not offering to help  you.   

Or is it that what they offer,  you
will not accept?    It is hard for me
to understand what is going on.   

If it were me,  I would keep going and
bugging doctors to find out what is wrong
and help me.   

I hope that someone comes up
with and answer to your pain and
you accept their help. 

You are very brave.

Jane...  You are brave too.   Taken  a
bad fall which damages your head is
is not a good thing.   

I feel so bad for you and hope
that you find relief from the
pain and have no more issues coming
from it .. 

Sandy

― Carl Sagan

CallieOK

Good Morning,

Janie and Shirley, I'm so sorry about your "owies".

Janie, hope the visit plans work out.  Sounds like a lot of fun.

Shirley, I really doubt that a few days not doing your version of exercise would cause your muscles to deteriorate. Can't remember if you have high blood pressure.  First diagnosis of mine (in 1959) was "it's the safety valve on your pressure cooker".  My head sometimes feels like it's going to explode when too much is coming at me at one time and I can't do anything about it.

KS/OK "bouncy" weather isn't helping, either. We're at or below freezing in the mornings and in the mid-50's by afternoon.  Prediction is for an Arctic blast to come in Sunday/Monday at the same time "something" is coming from another direction.  Forecast sounds as if Kansas may get the brunt of it; weather gurus haven't decided if OKC will.

Gloria,  what fun to have all the treats to enjoy.  Sounds as if you had the perfect gift for your son, too.

I regretted for Bridge today (see above post re: "busy week") and was going to do some errands.  However, I think I'll start preparations for The Christmas Trip - beginning with measuring suitcases to see if I have one that fits the current measurements allowed by airlines - then seeing if I can find my "Colorado winter" clothes and, if so, finding out if they still fit.

Wishing Everyfriend Everywhere an Enjoyable Day.

Shirley

Sandy, thank you for the sympathy, I'll take all I can get BUT also take full blame for not being willing to take the pain meds the doctor offers. I really have had side effects that are so dangerous, death threatening, that I'm not willing to try anything new.

I did "make plans" that if it reaches the stage I need to go into the hospital for tests & meds because not safe to be home alone in that situation, the cats will have to be put to sleep before I leave the house, cannot leave them to suffer, my youngest son realizes there is no other choice. The other 2 kids don't want to believe they can't take over, but I'm not willing to let the cats wonder what happened to their world.

This cold weather is the reason the cats would have to be taken care of.... they have to have their time outside, even in below freezing conditions. But in a few hours they are sitting on the step to come back in and they would not come in if I wasn't at the door to greet them. They would never come inside for anyone else and that isn't fair to any living critter. My fault they aren't geared for full time outdoor life and I'm not willing to let them suffer because of MY 9 years of re-educating them.

Callie, I'm still giving thought to my high BP being a part of the cause... but since no MRI or proof, will just hope it gets a little better every day. Hope the PT will tell if clinching my jaw to walk on that sore knee has something to do with it as well, so doing all I am willing to do to fix me. Enough talk about me & my problems, I love coming in here to see what everyone else is up to... all the Christmas baking and such.
   :christmastree:  :snowball:  :christmastree:

Lloyd Hammond

they pumped the fluid out of his lungs.still was not breathing very well. the were talking about putting him in inventive care. Last I have heard. I stopped posting and called daughter about great grand son. H he is breathing a bit better. they put a big dose of antibiotics in him.I know tho that main thing is doing the trick is the prayer's,thanks and keep them cumming. good night and sweet dreams.

Lloyd

Gloria

Good morning everyone,  A WHOLE 19°, was nice and warm in bed but I sure turned the heat up first thing. Makes me glad I do not have to go out. Today will be the first Friday I get help since my regular CNA has been sick leave. Not the 2 hours I should have but 1½. When I got the call yesterday I was surprised. Will be the first Friday in almost 2 months. Good at last I might get the floors washed and the furniture polished.

SHIRLEY  don't push yourself to get to work outside.With all the pain you are in you should be taking it easy. You do know we worry about you and don't want you outside flat on your back with no one around to help you.

SANDY  wonderful words to Shirley. I know if I was in the pain she is in I would not think about getting outside to rake leaves.

CALLIE  my son's eyes lit up when he saw that fruitcake. Of course he scolded me for spending any money on him. Told him it was a thank you for all he does for me and not a Christmas present. For my other son I gave his oldest daughter some money to get him some cans of the sardines he likes. He is the only one who likes them so his obese wife will not eat them and leave him none. Now that doesn't sound too nice does it? Hope your warm winter clothes fit you. Going to Colorado in the winter months is something I would not like. Gets cold enough here for me. The 19° here now will keep me inside.

SHIRLEY  wish I could do the cooking and baking I used to do. I cannot even stand long enough to fry an egg.

LLOYD  terrible to see a youngster having health problems. I know how I would feel if it was my great grandson.  Prayers for him.

Guess I will go have me second mug full of coffee and then breakfast.

Have a good day.

Amy

Good morning everyone.
 Temp is 25°F this morning..chance of snow flurries with a risk of freezing rain tonight. Cleaning is on the agenda, no baking today!!

Lloyd, he is in the best place for care and with their care and prayers he will be in good hands.

Gloria, isn't it amazing how something so simple as a fruit cakes makes one so happy? Hope all works out with this new CNA for you.

Shirley, hope it doesn't come to that and the cats will be alright. Does your Dr have any ideas on what this is and why it is causing you so much pain?

Jane, hope you are feeling better this morning.

Sandy, good to see you. How are your eyes since the surgery, are you happy with the outcome?

I had better get a move on.

Enjoy your day everyone.
Jimmy Dean

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. Is 39º and partly cloudy heading for 55º today. also calling for some snow Sunday and moundy. to early, to call to ck on grandson.his pearants likely need the rest. I had the best night I have had in a while. My breathing Machine said 7 hours,but I know I was at least a hour before I fell asleep. but that is good for me. after we get the word on grand son condition will report.

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

Amy Hello and thanks. Have a great day. according to weather guesser sounds Like you are getting your snow our way. hope is not too much. if it gets deep tho I will fiend a deep drift with no yellow spots in it and get apan full to make some snow ice cream,good stuff.

Lloyd

Sandy

Quote from: Amy on December 13, 2019, 07:16:09 AMSandy, good to see you. How are your eyes since the surgery, are you happy with the outcome?

Amy

The sight that I have left in my right eye
is very good.  Big improvement.  My field of vision
is so small that I have to remember that even though
I can see much better,  in the distance with out glasses,
that my now limited field of vision in my one
seeing eye,  still keeps me from really seeing
all I need to see to be safe wandering around. 

I use my rollator to keep me limited to areas that I
can actually see.     

I am not complaining .... I just need to not get
"too big for my britches "  or I will bump into
or fall  (which is never a good thing)..

I am so lucky that I can still see the computer and my
loved ones faces and read (even though most of my
book reading is book listening,  which I am now getting
very used to doing. 

Not looking forward to a really long cold winter, 
but since I am still residing on
"the right side of the grass", ( :thumbup: )
I will make the best of it.  Here in New England
we get use to accepting the good with the bad,
depending on what good and bad means to each individual
living here.    We have something for everyone!

Sandy

― Carl Sagan

JaneS

Good morning Everyfriend!  I'm up and attem.  I printed out my shopping list and I'll be off to WM pretty soon.  I want to get that job done before I chicken out and don't go at all.

Snow was predicted for this morning into this afternoon so I cancelled my trip to my sister's.  I don't think my car is safe to drive for any distance in snow and I didn't want to take a chance with my grandniece's life.  Of course, after I cancelled, the prediction was changed to rain only but that can freeze and become a driving menace, too.  So I'm better off staying home.

I'm almost finished with my boxes for Texas and Oklahoma and that's my goal for tomorrow.  They have to be at the PO. tomorrow.

I almost had a disaster!  I had my shopping list on the computer and was adding to it daily and this morning while trying to copy something else, I accidentally deleted the shopping list.  So I sat here and went through the waste basket and took out all the handwritten lists and had to reconstruct the typed one.  Now it's printed and I'm good to go.

LLOYD, prayers continue for your youngster.  I'm not sure if it's your grandson or great grandson but I'm sure God knows which one needs the prayers.

SANDY, if I forgot to say so, I'm happy that your cataract surgery has brought you some new vision.  Enjoy God's gift! 

CALLIE, has your "calm" weekend begun yet!

SHIRLEY, I sympathize with your dilemma concerning the kitties.  I really wasn't aware that it would not be possible for someone else to care for them while someone else cared for you.  My prayers continue for you that you find some permanent relief!

I'm off to get dressed and head for the store.  Then back to pack my boxes. 

I wish you all a lovely day!
Make it your own in every way!

angelface555

Lloyd Hammond

JaneS It is great grand,Our grand daughter,s youngest.

Lloyd

Gloria

Good morning everyone. Big change in temperature, yesterday in the teens and today 45° and raining again. I really would like snow better than rain. Too much dampness with rain.

AMY  this company is messed up. I didn't get the different cna but the one who pushed my slippers under the bed a couple of weeks ago. Wonder if they said something to her because she hardly talked and was busy the time she was here. At least every thing is clean in here again.

LLOYD  hope you have good news about your great grandson.

SANDY  we New Englanders are not sissys, we sure put up with summer heat and humidity to temperatures at zero or below at times.

JANE  glad you found your shopping list. I used to make one and in the market I never loo at it. Now when I order o‌nline for delivery I make one and make sure that is all I get.

Looks like I am too early for anyone to be here yet.

Have a good day.