Random Image

hawk

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:55:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for December 15,2019

Started by so_P_bubble, December 15, 2019, 05:23:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Hammond

Merry Christmas everyone and sweet dreams. we are going to daughter's and SIL. for our big day tomorrow. see you later.

Lloyd and Nancy.

Shirley

:christmastree: Wishing All Friends a Wonderful Christmas Eve, Blessed Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and even a Happy Birthday to Callie! :christmastree:

phyllis

phyllis
Cary,NC

Lloyd Hammond

good Morning everyone.it is sunny very bright and 47º here calling for 63º today. we are to go to  our oldest daughter's today for family get together. Hope you all have a great day with yours. catch you all later. I also had another  good night sleep , berating machine said 7.5 hours, pretty close.

Lloyd

CallieOK

May your day be merry and bright.  :christmastree:

No "white" in Wisconsin.  We don't even need heavy coats!

Sandy

Happy Hannukkah
and
Merry Christmas
to ALL!
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Lloyd Hammond

we are home safe and sound, had a visit with some of our kin, that are close to make it. hope you all did as well.

Lloyd and Nancy

JaneS

Hello Everyfriend!  These last two days have been the highlight of my year...maybe even longer!  I can't remember when the last time was that I woke up on Christmas with loving family in my house!  Even now it's hard to talk about it without tears in my eyes.  If there is such a thing as a perfect day, this was it!  I'll share some of the details some other time. I have a very loving, caring and sharing family and I wonder what I ever did to deserve them!

Good Night my friends and I wish the same love in your lives!  You all deserve it, too!  God bless us, one and all!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Gloria

Good morning everyone, I had a wonderful time yesterday and enjoyed the dinner. My little one had to sit next to me at the table, he about talked my ears off. Ikept shoveling food in his mouth so he would stop while he chewed. Of course I enjoyed every bit of it. My DIL had a Crown roast of pork and it just about was so tender it didn't  need much chewing.  My son brought me home before all his inlaws decended for the family gathering. I know all of them but didn't think I could take the crowd and noise. They are a close family and I knew most of them before my son and DIL even started dating.

AMY  glad you liked that JL card I put in. I know I liked tha t one, too.

JANE  I got gift certificates too, to stores I like. My son looked at me and said after the New Year he would take me shopping when I want. My daughter's birthday is the 27th and my baby will be 66 tomorrow. Wow does that make me feel ancient.

CALLIE  sounds like with seeing your grandaughter on stage performing was about the best Birthday gift you could get.

Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Amy

Good morning everyone..

What a fun day Christmas was! Good company and good food  made the day. We all had what son called food coma..and could have slept at the drop of a hat.

Going to do laundry and look after Rex today. My van needs some repairs but that won't happen till the 30th so travel in not happening until that is done.

Enjoy your day everyone..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

NOW I'M RETIRED!  Nowhere to go and nothing that is hollering to be done.  I'm still in a bit of daze from yesterday. but I have to share the last envelope in the box from my daughter and SIL and my granddaughter and GSIL.

It was 6 lottery tickets.  I've never bought a lottery ticket in my life and I didn't even know what to do with them.  Christy was here and she showed me and we scratched them off together.  The first 5 had nothing and I was working on the last one and the second row had the matchers.  It was worth $50.  I commented that I wondered if you could get more than one match on a card and decided you probably couldn't when another line matched for another $50.  I kept scratching and then another one matched for $100.  Now I was really in shock but I scratched off the last two lines and got another match....for $300. Now I was really in shock.  That one card is worth $500.  I still find it hard to believe!  But so far my family is delighted!  And I think I won't really believe it happened until I have the actual money in my hand later today!  The kids were all cheering!

I have to go get dressed because Frankie has a DR. apt this morning and I'm going with her.  Then we're going to stop and pick up my winnings.  I'm going to hold it for a while and then it goes in the bank.

I wish you all a lovely day!
Make it your own in every way!

Lloyd Hammond

JaneS congratulation on the winning. just don't let it go to your head and make a fool out of you. keep playing sensible. temp. is 51º here and heading for 60º and partly sunny. I had a hard time getting to sleep but the breathing machine says I was on it 10 hours. see you all later.

Lloyd

Amy

Jane, what a wonderful surprise and it couldn't have happened to a nicer person!!  David  brought some of the smoked turkey he did at home and that was our lunch today..real tasty!! We still have lots of leftovers  to use up here.

Laundry is done, may tackle the freezer......may...not sure yet.

Lloyd, maybe you will find some zz's on the couch later..

Gloria, my son loves to cook and all his friends say he should open a restaurant but he doesn't want to. Then cooking becomes a job and he just enjoys doing it when he is home.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Lloyd Hammond

Amy I did and now i am going to bed and try to get the just right amount by around 7:00 A M in the Morning.sweet dreams to all of you. good night to everyone.

Lloyd

so_P_bubble

JaneS, WOW! I am so happy for you.  That is the culmination for all the nice surprises from your family.  I am sure they could not have planned it best.

Lloyd Hammond

Amy I did get the 7 hours of zzze's Nancy is up also, she has a stuffy head but her side is better,so we will see how the days goes.

Lloyd

JaneS

Thanks, Everyfriend for the nice comments.  It's still hard for me to believe even with the money in hand.  I've decided it goes straight to the bank and into my "special savings account" to be there for emergencies or barring an emergency, for a special want or need!  But it will really have to be special to spend that!

I have to return a call to the electrician/plumber who is doing some work on my house.  I somehow missed his call yesterday.  He probably called when the zzzzs caught up with me and I was out like a light.  I didn't get his message until right before I crawled into bed.

I have a load of towels in the washer right now and I put away the clean dishes from my visitors and Christmas dinner, took Mickie out and will feed her in a minute.  The towels are just finishing in the washer and I'll toss them in the dryer and then feed us both. 

LLOYD, I'm glad to hear Nancy is feeling better from her mishap with the heavy tool.  Sorry to hear that she's got the sniffles. 

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Thick fog out there this morning...temp is 30° F  .We are to get rain also today.

The freezer didn't get touched, we had company, my son and a friend came for a visit. This time I did remember to send the raisin pie, bread plus a lot more home with him. Now we have more room in the fridge.
Not sure what today will bring,I know I will take Kyle over for coffee this morning and that is it. Until the van gets fixed I don't want to go far.

Lloyd, good to hear Nancy's side is better..

Callie, I would share our snow with you but with the temps as they are plus rain that is to come we may not have snow either.

Sandy, I hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

Phyliss, may the coming year be much better for you.

Mycheal, all the best to you in 2020.That seems so strange to write 2020. Looking back I remember the fear when it was to be 2000.

Joy, hope you had an enjoyable Christmas with your family.

Better get ready to meet the day.

Enjoy your day everyone..
Jimmy Dean

Amy

Jane, forgot to add. David and guest enjoyed some chocolates that I was blessed with..really enjoyed them too!!
Jimmy Dean

Gloria

Good morning everyone. I did something different yesterday, had my coffee while posting here, had breakfast and then went into the bedroom to get dressed and instead got into bed and slept till after 11:am. This morning you can tell I slep late again fonr the time I am posting 10:am now and here I am with my coffee. Glad I don't have help early today.

AMY  I think many feel in a food coma after all holiday meals except for the ones who have to get food in the fridge and do dishes. I used to head for the sink to wash dishes, to me that was the easiest thing.

JANE  what a wonderful gift that last enveleope was. Maybe now you can get something you really wanted but thought you could not afford or hold on to it till you need it.

AMY  since my oldest son retired he has been  doing a lot oooking, trying different things. He sure helped my DIL with yesterday's meal. Their son does most of the cookin‌g at his home. My second son does just about all the cooking while his fat wife does most of the eating.. OOPS should't have said that

LLOYD  hope you slept as good last night as I did.

AMY  when I pulled up the shades and looked out I wondered if it had been foggy earlier. Still not too clear oout and looks like another gloomy day like yesterday.

Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Radioman34

Hello to all my S & F friends!  Christmas has come and gone here at the residence, topped off with a turkey dinner with all the fixins'. No snow to be seen , so it was definitely a green Christmas.  It's amazing how many folks were here at Christmas and equally amazing at what a joyful time wee had on our own. wish the best of the season to you.

Denver

A Good Friday HELLO to EVERYFRIEND ☃️

Food coma is a real thing here at our house also. Even when one does not eat that much, when you try a little bit of everything it adds up quickly. 

I enjoyed reading all of your posts, but JANE, yours was the most exciting one, and I am SO 💕 SO HAPPY for you!  No one else could ever deserve a nice windfall like this than YOU sweet lady❣️ I think I could hear the cheering of the family all the way here in Colorado😘 I have shared this wonderful gift idea that your family gave you this year, with many and EVERYONE thinks it is a wonderful gift idea!  Kudos to them😍😍

We, too, had a wonderful couple of days.  Being one of the blessed ones, as many of us definitely are......it could not have been any nicer OTHER THAN IF ALL of the family could have been together🙏🙏

We were with Dave, Michele and the children for Christmas Eve.  This was their 16th year of their traditional crab fest🦀🦀🦀.  Dave has it down to a science on just how long to boil the crab and it is perfect!  The children are so excited to be outside with dad, playing a bit with them as they are alive when we buy them!  It is quite the sight to see.  Luke, the second son was the one that ate the most crab...he was first to start and last to finish.  He was cracking that crab like he was a professional😘 We also had a beautiful Yule Log which is also part of the tradition.  We all enjoyed Daddy reading the Night Before Christmas and then it was time for the kiddos, and grandparents to head off to bed🥱🥱😴😴
Christmas morning was wonderful as always, and everyone enjoyed it🥰

We came home with Lola the Doodle Doggie, as Dave and Family were flying to Arizona the following day.  They are going to visit my Dad today and they were all so excited.

After we got cleaned up, we headed off to our youngest son and DIL's home for Christmas Dinner. Of course Lola went with us as she and Brian's Dog Oliver Doodle are besties and love to play together.  Brian and Cathy fixed the most beautiful and tasty prime rib dinner.  They both love to cook and everything is freshly made, including the salad dressing and we ALL enjoyed everything so much.  There was no room left in the tummy for the apple pie, so they cut a piece to share and the rest of the pie as well as all left overs from the meal were sent home with us.  There is enough prime rib left for two more meals.  We will be having left overs today and I am really looking forward to it!  We ate very lightly yesterday as we were still full, and I thought I probably would not eat for a week🤪....and yet here I am ready to tie in to it again❣️

I must get this posted before I loose it as I have a few things I have to go do.....I wish you all a very nice day.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Amy

Don, we have snow to the north of you but if it rains what little we have will be gone. Must be about 5-6 inches of snow so far.
Nice to see you...please come back more often.

Jenny, bet you are more than ready for a cat nap. Sounds like a great time to be had at your sons.
Jimmy Dean

Mary Ann

Jenny, what a nice Christmas you had.  Isn't it nice that you have so many good cooks in the family to treat you.  I like Jane's gift too and wonder how I could do with it - on the giving, not receiving.  Giving checks is much appreciated, but so "cold".

Not driving any more, I don't really care if it snows or not, but like Don, we had a Green Christmas and I hope it lasts through the weekend.  Saturday we will go to Holland MI for our Christmas with Tom's family and that includes the twins.  I had a nice day on Christmas with Jan (Terry's widow) and family; there were six of us.  Jan gave me a bouquet that included something that smells like cinnamon - lovely smell.  Tom went to his friend, Robin's, on Christmas Day.

This morning, we met Tom Harton of Indianapolis; it is his house I stay at when I go to Indy later in the year.  He was here with friends to go to a Tiki restaurant, an interest of the friends.  We met Tom at the Holiday Inn Downtown and had breakfast there and after that, Tom Tock drove us around downtown so Tom H could see what has been going on here.  It has been many years since Tom H had been here and it was nice to see him in Grand Rapids for a change.

The cat and I have both had naps.  I'm not ready for lunch, but I will finish the rest of my breakfast that I brought home - a wrap.  Kendrick is continuing his nap.

Mary Ann

Lloyd Hammond

thanks for the well wishes, well it is time to bid you all sweet dreams. Hope to see you all here in good spirits and feeling good tomorrow.Good night.

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. it is 46º and Light rain here now @ 5:12 am and calling for the high 50's. Hope you all had a good night's sleep as I did, according to my breathing said 7.5 hours. and that is pretty accurate according to my breathing machine. it also sends a record as it dose it to V A. they can pull up what i do in the way of sleep at least how much time i have it on. My middle brother and his wife both have c paps.his wife's Name is Nancy also. when we are in each others present's we cal her Nan and mine Nancy so is kept straight. Have a great day. see you later.

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning everyone..

We had rain during the night  I bet the driveway is a skating rink now. Not sure what today will bring but think it is a good time to start purging. Will take items to the Sally Ann next time we head to the city.

Still no Joy ,Phyliss or Shirley...I hope it is because they are having a good time.

Mary Ann, we have been enjoying wraps also. Some I will put in the George Forman and others just cold. Makes for an easy meal. Would the cinnamon flowers be carnations?

Lloyd, we are 26 ° F with a light breeze at the moment.  Good for you on getting the 7.5 hours sleep!!

Enjoy your day everyone,
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

I'm up and right now in waiting mode.  After I dropped Frankie off at her apartment yesterday, the dr. office called her and wanted her to go to the hospital for more tests.  She got scared and called her mother and I had overnight guests again last night.  They are at the hospital now.  And I'm waiting here in a snit.

I have things to do and I'll get started when I finish here but waiting is one of the hardest things I do!

I hope SHIRLEY, PHYLLIS and JOY are OK!

Amy

Jane , prayers for Frankie that all is well...
Jimmy Dean

phyllis

A good sunny and warm morning to you All.  It is 55 deg. right now and supposed to go to 72.  Strange weather, even for N. Carolina.

I'm doing OK. Taking it pretty easy these days and being very lazy.  David gave me a beautiful faux fur lap robe for Christmas and I have been spending a LOT of time snuggling under it and feeling a bit decadent and sinful.

I've enjoyed so much reading about all of your Christmas festivities with friends and family.  And I agree that Jane's surprise gift in the very last envelope was something wonderful and very well deserved.  The opening of all the envelopes was so much fun for me, too, Jane.  Thank you for sharing.

I'm going to try to move around a little bit more today.  I should go out because it is a beautiful day and we won't receive a gift like this too often in the rest of the winter, I'm afraid, but I'm not sure if I'll feel up to tackling the outside world and all of it's "bustle and busyness".

I should be back here before 2019 is over but just in case..

HAVE A HAPPY AND HEALTHY NEW YEAR, ALL MY FRIENDS!
phyllis
Cary,NC