Random Image

jenny

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 09:01:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for January 1, 2020

Started by so_P_bubble, January 01, 2020, 01:17:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Hammond

thanks for all the concern,and prayers, sure is great to have good friends. In two hitches I had 10.5 hours with the breathing machine on, it has no way of telling the difference in sleeping or just breathing. so doesn't register the time the brain wanders.cloudy and 50º and wend up to 50 MPH. as i slept in I have to go check blood sugar. and eat morning meal. see you all later.

Lloyd

so_P_bubble

Yes I am back and feel almost back to normal :) thank you all for your concern.

About 'Little Women", here is a book you might be interested to read:

The Lost Summer of Louisa May Alcott
By Kelly O'Connor McNees
Historical Fiction
"Wonderfully imagined" (New York Times bestselling author Meg Waite Clayton): In 19th-century New England, aspiring novelist Louisa May Alcott is torn between love and ambition. "McNees gets the period details just right... Devotees of Little Women will flock to this story with pleasure" (The Washington Post).

Gloria

Good morning everyone. Slept late this morning and finally am here with my coffee. Wonder who or when I get a CNA today. I was to on Tuesday who I would have for the next 3 days and the time. Well o an hour later a cna showed up and it was a different one. She was supposed to be here 2 hours and she said only 11/2 hours. Laundry day and that takes 2 hours. She called and got permission to stay the 2 hours. She was nice and pleasant. I just wish the new one in charge of schedules would get it right.

JANE  looks like you have found e young men willling to do any kind of work. Not many like that around anymore.

CALLIE  I would rather get my groceries myself but when I need things I do get them delivered, the PeaPod I use is with the market I always went to. So far no complaints. They bring the order in and right into the kitchen, things for the fridge they put on the counter near the fridge. Great.

LLOYD  glad they are putting you on insulin, with your llove for food and being a diabetic you most likely need it by now.

AMY  the sun is sning bright and beautiful and just 20 now at 10:15 so I know it was down in the low teens over night. I don't know how you can even think of going out the door with it as cold as you are this morning.

JANE  I don't mind being caught in my jammies and robe as long as my hair is combed. No matter how short it  is it is flat on the side I sleep on. At times I wish I moved in my sleep. OK when do we eat at at your home? I would  love some wild meat, been years since I hac any and I do like the different taste of it.

PHYLLIS  my DIL cuts my hair and I hate askeing her too often so on New Year's day when I was ther she asked if I would like a hair cut and I said YES.

BUBBLE  glad you are feeling better. I seldom get a cold but when I do it takes every thing out of me.

Have a good day and keep warm.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

JaneS

GLORIA, dinner's at 6....or so!  I'll save you an elk burger meat loaf patty!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

CallieOK

Good evening.  Thought I'd pop in while waiting for the first Final Jeopardy clue.  My, those 3 champions are "quick on the buzzer".

Amy, the chicken/dressing in the slow cooker didn't turn out too well.  I didn't like the consistency of the dressing.  I'll stick to my chicken/dressing casserole that's bakes in the oven for 30 minutes.

Janie, hope you and Gloria enjoyed the elk burgers/loaf.  #2 son makes jerky with deer meat.

Gloria,I think the grocery delivery service is A Good Thing.  Peapod isn't available here but I plan to take advantage of one of the services that is when I need it long term.

Back to Jeopardy.  They're already finished game one of the second round.

Sleep well, Everyfriend and have pleasant dreams.

Shirley

Ah, would love an elk burger like we had in CO a couple years ago. Every year we go back to the same place but not on the menu that day. BooHoo... Son & I thought they were delicious.

One year my husband was invited to a deer hunt in OK, he got his shot but not a clean kill so the guide "slit Bambi's throat" and my husband never got over those big brown eyes looking at him in pain..... I did every trick anyone ever thought of to disguise that meat but after a few meals that didn't go down well, I gave it all away.

Gloria, I thought the same thing about Lloyd watching his diet & needing to be tested. Diabetes seems to go with heart problems but so far I am okay.

I am disappointed that I can't get in to see the ophthalmologist for cataract surgery until Feb... first talk with him is Feb 7 so don't know when they do the first eye. I am nervous about whatever med they use to "freeze" the eye since I had a terrible reaction to whatever the cardiologist used during the cath & stents last spring. I know they have to use something, still can't imagine holding still as someone messes with my eye! The doctor I saw did all the tests & everything great except for the cloud. She didn't think eyes had anything to do with the headaches. Back to square one, no cause to fix! Only thing left is an MRI so will see if the Dr orders that & what it shows. What ever the cause, I'd like to know.

Bedtime, forgot I'm on the iPad & have to figure how to change the text!

JaneS

The elkburger meatloaf was gooooood!  I made baked cauliflower and and warmed up some of the beans I did in the IP yesterday.  Good supper.  What did you think, Gloria?

I'm off to Dreamland, too.  I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Amy

Good morning everyone.

We are off and running to the city this morning ,cardiologist phoned yesterday and asked if we can come in earlier. I am all for that, get in and back home before the rain/freezing rain starts.

On the run again.

Enjoy your day everyone..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Gloria

Good morning everyone. A nice 21 this morning, brrrr. When I pulled up the bedroom shade I could see the full moon but was kind of blurry, not a nice bright one. The cars  in the parking lot have a nice coating of frost. Sure glad I am in here nice and warm in my new robe. Still have to cut the bottom about a foot or I will be dusting the floors. Still saying on the local weather that it will be in upper  50's tomorrow and 60 Sunday.

JANE  that's me a day late for your elk meatloaf patty. DARN.

CALLIE  we ust be watching different Jepardy programs, no champions last night on the one I watched. Since I cannot get out to the market like I used to and I need to much for a CNA to go to the market for me I am thankful there is PeaPod I can order from. Like last week when my son took me shopping I spent over $200. but stocked up on a lot. I could ask him to take me often but rather not pester him and when he wants to take me he calls and ask me. I like that better.

SHIRLEY  my Mother was diabetic- was early 50's when diagnosed  and in her mid 60's when she got heart trouble. My Dad had a massive heart attack in his 60's and survived it till he died at 69.When I had the first cataract surgery I was nervous and one of his nurses held my hand and talked to me the whole time. They had asked if I wanted a pill to relax me before I went into the sterile room and I declined.

JOAN  you are a great cook, wish I lived closer to you. If I liked TV dinners with all the sodium and preservatives I would be more than 80#. I do love my veggies.

AMY  is Willy Nelson's song "On the Road Again" your theme song or did he write it for you? How many days a week are you on the road again?

Have a good day and keep warm and dry.

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I slept OK last night...woke up once but drifted right back to sleep and didn't need to answer Nature's Call.

Gee, GLORIA, if you weren't here, I wonder who that was sitting across from me and eating supper with me?  I thought it was you!

It's still cold here (in the low 20s when I got up) but it's supposed to get up to the mid 40s today and then into the high 50s for the weekend.  When my dad was around and we had a weekend like the one coming up he used to say, "I wouldn't care if it just stayed like this and then got warm for the Spring!"  I agree with him 100%.  But I think the bad weather and low temps will be back!

Now, I wish you all a lovely day!
     Make it your own in every way!

Shirley

Jane, your father and my mother used a lot of the same "old sayings".... love being reminded.  :thumbup:

Gloria, since nobody in my family ever had diabetes I didn't know anything about it and when a next door neighbor many years later, mentioned she could have "either the piece of apple pie I offered her OR a baked potato with her supper"..... it stuck in my mind forever. I had never thought about having to think about whether a sweet or starch could be swapped, even though high school health classes taught us that "all breads/starch turns to sugar in your body".... I knew but didn't think! It was that same neighborhood that a young girl, friend of my daughter, had severe diabetes and had to have laser treatment on her eyes for bleeding, and was critical with diet & life style. I remember when Cas had his first by-passes and I had to do a complete change of cooking habits. Found we could survive if I used plenty of herbs & spices instead of fats for flavoring.

We are watching for changing weather, rain turning to freezing rain & snow from this afternoon through Sat. Would love to have a few inches of snow to blanket these plants that are wanting to start growing... not sure if true but I recall my mother thinking snow was very good for her flowers, and she loved her flowers. I have photos of her over the years and noticed one day that in most of them she had her hands in the same position.... she had wiggled her fingers into the dirt to see if the ground was moist enough or needed to be watered! Back in those old days we took most photos outside because it was such a pain to put in "flash" bulbs to take indoors.

Amy, your husband sure gets lots of blood tests & check ups. Hope he is doing better this year (can you believe 2020?) About your good neighbors, my mother always said, "takes being a good neighbor to have one".... so I'm sure they look for a chance to pay back all you do for them. I wish my cats loved to travel like your pups. I dread having to put these furbabies in the RV knowing how they hate the drive. They love camping & know the routine when we stop, but I can't find any way to comfort them when moving. Tried the stuff to make them sleepy but they wanted no part of that. Even bought baby Benadryl to put on their salmon but they wouldn't get near that! They don't just gulp food down without tasting like our dog did.

Callie, I bought a package of chicken "drumsticks" yesterday since my fav part of the chicken & they were on sale. I am already dreading having to fry.... been a very long time since I turned that job over to KFC years ago. I mixed up batter for chicken nuggets for the kids over Christmas & they loved 'em... so easy to bite size the tenders & marinate overnight with all those herbs & spices... but drumsticks are a different problem. Maybe I'll just boil them & debone for the cats. They are tired of the rotisserie chicken & the canned chicken breast I substitute for that meal. Picky eaters. I have a box of Stove Top stuffing was planning to fix with those drumsticks but sounding like a lot of work right now. No IP here.

Better get busy, may grab a few more zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzs & then dress. Had an egg, made a little gravy to go over the biscuit that comes with that meal from KFC, I always get carry out. Starting to get light out, Tom went out for a run & back in. Callie ate her breakfast & hiding out on her fav furnace vent at the end of the couch. Tiger slept with me last night & came wandering in for her breakfast so all taken care of & being lazy. Tom is laying in front of the "toe warmer" vent by the kitchen sink. My sister's dog used to do that & developed a cough from being so dried out. So far the cats don't have any signs of it bothering them.

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. In two hitches I got 9.5 hours of zzz's. is 41º and cloudy wit on and off drizzle. getting harder and possible thunder storms and frizzing rain.and as I type it is,we had t & lighting earlier. well the good thing here our Christmas cati. dropped all the old bloom's and put on at least a dozen new ones.she sure is strutting her stuff this year.food call so see you all later, is raining hard again.

Lloyd

Mary Ann

Lloyd, I used to have a couple large Christmas cactus and they'd bloom, but nothing like you say yours do.  I don't have any now.  I do  have an orchid cactus that is growing up and it had one blossom on it this year.  I had one at one time that had 35 blossoms on it but it grew too unwieldy for me so I gave it away.

Shirley, I think your cats being feral and used to what they get outside, need the meat etc you give them.  They'd have a hard time here because Kendrick gets only dry food. 

We are told we will get a big storm over the weekend and this morning, the wind is blowing hard from the west.  We are expecting rain, sleet and snow, probably all at the same time. 

Shirley, I think snow acts kind of like an insulation for plants in the winter.  My dad liked to garden and we had a few things that he grew up with - pie plant, strawberries, asparagus and various flowers. 

I'm not happy with some of Tom's meals (told him so, so I'm not telling tales outside of school) and decided when he was not going to be here at suppertime, I'd have him pick up something at Applebee's.  Things on their menus look interesting, but the calories!  At least 1200 for one meal.  I will say their portions are enough for two or three meals so the calories would be spread out.  The prices weren't too bad for a supper, but I did not choose what I might like to order.  Maybe I'll have Tom pick up an order for goulash from Cheers; that is enough for me for four meals.  I've had it before and it is good.

Tom just came home and said it is a cold 45 degrees and drizzling.  He thinks we will be on the lower part of whatever storm comes this way.

Mary Ann

CallieOK

Good Morning,

Weather gurus say Oklahoma will have "all 4 seasons of weather in the next 24 hours"...including possibly damaging tornadoes.  OKC seems to be on the edge of all.  Just hoping we don't get everything at once!!!

Gloria, Jeopardy is having a "series" of shows with contestants being the 3 highest money winners in the show's history (I think....didn't really pay attention to the promos). It's on ABC in the early evening of Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
I don't usually watch the regular show but needed something to watch and then, of course, got "hooked". 

Shirley, I used a regular old ceramic crock pot for the chicken/dressing. Don't think slow cooking works for dressing - at least, not for Stovetop.

I can get tenderized chicken cutlets at Crest and sometimes cut one or two into "fingers", dip in egg (whites only okay but I use the whole egg),  then cracker crumbs and bake.  Doesn't taste like KFC - but just about as good when dipped in honey mustard salad dressing.  Makes several meals for me.

Once used potato chip crumbs for breading and thought those were really good.  However, I try not to keep potato chips on hand because I'll eat too many of them too fast.
#2 son said he saw a recipe using Cheetos for crumbs but we decided that might be too cheesy and not as crisp.

Project du Jour is to start sorting things for tax purposes.  :knuppel2: , Callie.

Amy

:cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer: We had a great day!! Dr was pleased with everything and said she isn't going to change a thing! We left there and Kyle did some shopping, I went and picked up ground chicken to cook up for the dogs and we high tailed it home. We did run into a bit of rain but not freezing rain.I think come morning it may be a different story. Stopped at the dairy and picked up extra milk to make yogurt tomorrow...and garlic cheese curds that make your teeth squeak!!

Gloria, we don't have to go back to the city until the 22nd....but do have to go in town for a chiro appointment for Kyle.  I would dearly love to stay home but...

Shirley, all is well so far  with the blood work,the Dr was going to try and get him off of one pill but he is doing so good and as she said....we won't rock the boat!!I am happy about that as we have weather stormy weather in that boat in the past. Our dogs love to go with us.we can be on the road come home ,let them out for a break and they are more than willing to climb  back in and go again!!

Mary Ann...what is pie plant please.I am thinking pumpkin??

Callie, hope you don't get any nasty weather. I also like stuffed pork chops ....but since we don't eat a lot of meat I don't make it unless we get company to help eat it.

Lloyd, are you behaving???

Phyliss ,good to see you. Get all the rest you can...

Better see what I can scare up for supper.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

CALLIE, everything in the Dallas area and north closed up early.  Cindy was on her way home and it was 1 p.m. here.  That means it was noon where she was.  They were threatening high winds, rain, with hail the size of golf balls and possible tornados.  I told her to get waaaaay inside and stay there.  I hope it misses all my friends and I hope it's not as bad as the predictions.

Gotta go take Mickie for a walk before it starts getting dark.  Then supper and tv probably through my eyelids.  The bills are all paid and the cleanup is all done.  Now to go out and freeze my b**s off!  It's cold out there!

Mary Ann

Amy, pie plant is rhubarb.  we had one plant at the corner of the garage and I think I didn't really appreciate it until after my dad was gone.  The same way with asparagus.  It was there so I felt I had to eat it.  I did not make pies, but just cut up the stalks and added sugar.  I know a lot of people don't like it, but I learned!

Our temp at present is 51 degrees but we can see that the weather is heading this way.  There has been a fine mist out most of the day.  Across Lake Michigan is a combination of rain and mix.  It is headed a bit north of us, but weather can change at the drop of a hat. 

Tom is headed for Holland; he was going to baby sit but James' meeting was called off - probably because of the weather, but this will give Tom a chance to visit with James and Alicia and the twins.  Tom is a good driver and does not take chances.  I remember him telling about driving to Detroit on ice and he made it OK while many others were in the ditches.

Mary Ann

CallieOK

Janie,  your Tulsa folks may be able to build a snowman in the morning!  Supposed to be 2-4 inches in that area overnight.

There were tornado watches between I-35 and the Arkansas border almost all day and one very short-lived warning.  As far as I know, that didn't develop.

Raining gently here and looks as if it might have been doing so most of the afternoon.
I've been "holed up" in my office, sorting, stacking and shredding the "monthly file". Since all I can see out that window is the fence between my entry and the neighbor's, I didn't realize what was going on.
Early weather sounds as if everything may be frozen in the morning - and cleared away by afternoon.

Onward and Upward...

(Amy, I've never stuffed a pork chop - or anything else...even a turkey)

Mary Ann

Callie, I have stuffed turkeys more than once but I've never stuffed a pork chop. 

We are waiting for your weather to visit us.  Saturday forecast is awful.

Mary Ann

Shirley

Good night to all and God Bless. Has been a long day with rain & very dark skies, then the temps started going down. Wind blowing, hear it howling down the stove vent. So far I have not seen ice on the trees or lines but the gate to the pool fence is frozen & won't open. We are supposed to stay below freezing tomorrow with snow in the morning. We needed the rain, no rain gauge out because they would freeze but sounded like enough to help.

I browned those drumsticks tonight & then put them in the cast iron Dutch oven that has a rack to drain grease off for more than half an hour in the oven but still didn't seem done enough to me so next step is dump a bottle of BBQ sauce over them & more oven time. If I EVER think about frying chicken again I hope someone just knocks me in the head to put me out of my misery!!!  I gave up frying chicken long ago & think KFC does a great job, but now & then I loose my head.  :crazy2:

Good news from you, Amy... sounds like you enjoyed the day. Hugs to all and to all a good night. That comes from what??? Hint... think Christmas.

Mary Ann, my father also had rhubarb plant & I know Mother cooked it, but I don't remember ever tasting it. My daughter had a company lunch where she worked & the cook would fix special rhubarb pies because she loved them. Surprised me, but I still haven't tasted!

Lloyd Hammond

well all we having all afternoon here Is rain,but on TV just a min. ago showed in KC MO the are relay Getting snow. I can do with out the snow. but if it dose so be it I one big bale out there in the lot and only two cows left on the place. I can do without it but if we get it if it is deep enough I will make some snow ice cream. witch I do not need now with the diabetes.
and speaking of my diabetes I am going to go shoot up with my insulin and go to bed,Hope to see you all tomorrow.good Night and sweet dreams.

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

Shirley when I posted it told me someone posted while I was typing.  so I had to go see and it was you. I read your post,it don't matter the gate is froze shut. the pool should have ice on and not thick enough to go Ice skating,stay off of it so you don't fall down and crack your head,we are getting too old to ice skate. just stay in and make some hot chock-let.see you later.

Lloyd

JaneS

I'm off to Dreamland!  I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

AMY, YAY and Hurrah for Kyle's good news!

Lloyd Hammond

rhubarb Is very good but I like gooseberry better. as I have said before only two kinds of pie are good hot or cold. if hot you need to top off with some good home made ice cream is best.Have a great day. I am going to go have a big glass fuel of milk and go back to bed for some more zzzzz's. it is 4:00 am here.

Lloyd

Gloria

Good morning everyone, was asleep very ear ly last night so here I am early this morning. 44 now and supposed to  into the 50's and tomorrow  should hit  60.

JANE  I was with you in spirit at supper the other night. Just thinking of the different flavor of the elk. I always liked different foods. Now I cannot cook anymore so do not eat like I should. No wonder I am so skinny. My Mother always said a green winter means a fat cemetery. No snow and not cold enough to kill the germs in the air.

SHIRLEY  the starches in food turn to sugar in our bodies more so than sugar. White flour, bread and white anything. When you hear about eating color they are talking about colorful veggies. You  are right about spices instead of fats for flavor in food. Have you ever tried the Bisquick for oven frying chicken? It tastes like fried but isn't and tasty. I got the recipe on the box years ago.

LLOYD  still too dark to see anything outside but we had drizzle all day yesterday.

MARY ANN  the cactus orchid you were talking about in that the Eppie? My daughter left all of hers behind in San Diego when they moved. Too hot and sunny where they  are now and they would have dies with no shade.

CALLIE is that the one with the bar tender Austin in it or that man from Los Vegas who wom millions? He was funny. I watch Jepardy all week on CBS at 7:30. I have watched it for years. From what  I saw on the weather report last night it doesn't look like nice weather out your way. Stay safe.

AMY  I am so happy I can stay home now. I do like to get out at times but staying home and being lazy after all the work years and traveling feels darn good.

MARY ANN  I always loved rhubarb and especiall in a pie but not with strawberries.

Have a good day and stay safe.

Lloyd Hammond

the weather guesser say's 22º and light snow. but not so. earlier was light rain, the deck is wet but not doing any thing now except cold wend out of the north. that kills any possible thought of going to shop today.do not have the flew fixed where i can build fire in wood stove,sure do not need to burn shop down. and the space heater will not warm it up enough for this old man any more. can't take the cold like i used to. so couch jockey again today. I will check in Later. Janes if you still have some of that elk left in the spring we may stop by in the spring if we come that way again. Nancy in not a good traveling mate any more. so not sure we will. did you shoot the elk your self? see you all later.

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Singing in the rain ,just singing in the rain....and the temp is 36°F here!! Our snow is leaving and huge water puddles in its place. Looks like the ice is all off the driveway,so that is a good thing. No hanging out laundry today and I am going to make yogurt, that is all on the agenda today.

MaryAnn, never hear it called that before, interesting. I like it just stewed with crushed pineapple in it. In a pie , muffins or jam is also good. We have a huge patch in the back yard plus I started two more plants in the garden.

Shirley, T'was the night before Christmas and all through the house.

Gloria, we will be able to skate all over if this rain freezes. We could also lose power too from the ice on the lines. Just think one day closer to Spring.
 :)

Callie, I like the stuffing/dressing can make a sandwich just out of it.....yes I know bread in bread but it only happens once a year......thank goodness.

Lloyd, now is the time not to over do it with your sweet treats..not saying stop them altogether but do cut back. Doing this is not easy but much healthier for you. Think you are a meat and potato man and now the potatoes are your enemy, instead of a mountain on your plate a little hill instead.

Jane, hope you didn't freeze your bu*s off!!! be careful today if it freezes or you will have more  moves than a moving company.

Better get ready to meet the day.

Enjoy your day everyone.
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  The temperature is already 41 and heading for a high of 59º Today!  I can hardly believe it!  It's like a day in Spring and we're going to have two in a row.  Tomorrow will reach the high 50s also and then the next two days will only be in the high 40s.  By next Thursday, winter will be back!

The only way I've ever liked rhubarb in my life was when I was little and it grew in the yard.  My sister and I would sneak out of the house with sugar in a cup, pull a stalk of rhubarb and sit down by the creek, dipping it in sugar and eating it.  Come to think of it, I think I liked sneaking the sugar out of the kitchen better than I liked the rhubarb.

SHIRLEY, I sent you an email but I'm not sure I have the right address for you.  If you get it, let me know.

LLOYD, I don't shoot things!  My SIL shot the elk out west somewhere.  I think he said Colorado but I'm not sure of that.  I just reap the benefits.  I'll make sure there's a pack left in the Spring just in case you travel East.  They gave me a LOT of it. 

AMY, I've never heard you say you were taking a day off.  I don't think you know how to do "nothing".  I could show you if you were closer to me.  I'm very good at "nothing" for at least 15 minutes at a time.

I think it might be almost time for the boinger and Mickie will be ready for breakfast so I'll just....

Wish you all a lovely day!
Make it your own in every way!

phyllis

I slept until 8 o'clock!  I thought the clock was lying when I woke up and looked at it.  No sun and dreary here but not raining and warm.  Temp. is 65 and supposed to go near 70.  I'm sorry about all of you in the middle of the country with the stormy weather.  Please take care.

I could never like rhubarb.  It wasn't so much the taste...just didn't like the texture (feel) of it.  My sister-in-law made a beautiful pie for me one time and was disappointed that I just didn't care for it.  I tried but......

Gloria, I always used to fry chicken dredged in Bisquick but I'm very happy with the fried chicken I get from the grocery store now.  And it's a whole lot easier.

Not much of interest going on here so I'll just wish everyone a good day.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Mary Ann

Well, I do like rhubarb cooked with sugar, plain in a pie or with strawberry jello in a pie.  I'm not a big fan, but I do like it.  I have enough foods that I don't like, but I am not a fussy eater.  If I am eating at someone's home, unless I am allergic to a food, I eat it, at least take a little bit to say I've had some.  I know what you mean about the texture, Phyllis, maybe that's why I prefer the pie with strawberry.  Amy, I've never had it with pineapple; when/if I buy some rhubarb, I'll have to try that.

Gloria, yes, my orchid cactus is the Eppie.  The one with 35 blossoms got too big for me so I gave it away and the one I now have is still growing.  It did have one blossom a month or so ago which was unusual because it usually flowered in June.  I'll hope for more blossoms this summer.

When I looked outside, it looked as if we were having some freezing rain and our temp has stayed around 32 degrees (rain and 32 degrees in the same sentence is not good).  Dot just called to let me know we would not be going to church in the morning.  I'll bet a lot of other people will not be going either.

I've showered and shampooed this morning and my hair is almost dry.  It's time I get dressed and do something constructive - there are lots of constructive jobs I can do!

I just looked at Lake Michigan and there are some whitecaps.  Usually by this time of the year, there is ice out to the lighthouse building.  At night it's nice to see the catwalk lights.

Mary Ann