Random Image

Petunias

Owner: FlaJean
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:45:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for January 15, 2020

Started by so_P_bubble, January 15, 2020, 01:30:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amy

Jane, you would be so proud of me..I .......well we had a long nap!! Curled up on the bed with Jessie watching over me and  off to sleep we went. No sewing done, I did go out and clean off the front deck as the snow was better than 4 inches.

Jane this time ET is Bubble..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Mary Ann

Thanks, Amy, I thought everyone knew ET was Bubble, but I find that's not true.  I've known it from e-mails she sent to Norm.

Good for you taking a nap; you work hard and deserve a nap.

Mary Ann

Sandy

My Mothers name was Ethel...
And she had a nick name  "ET"..

I thought Bubble did too!

Sandy
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Lloyd Hammond

Nick Names? I was in high school and in a AG class. we went a field trip, Learning how to lay out tares's. was in the fall and in a corn field that had been picked. that year lot of dropped ears of corn. we got to throwing them at each other,the teacher called us down. It started up again and the prof pointed his finger at and said that would be all or out of his class we would be. So I got out of the crowd and started walking down by the pond where there were some duck's. the other children yelled that is right Hammond go down there by your web footed friends.someone yelled webfoot. and that stuck and spread through the whole school. for the longest time but finely the foot part got dropped and still today some people address me as webb. My mother was fit to be tied she said i thought I named all my children something that could not be nick named. that is ok I do not care what you call me as long do not use swear words and call me in time to eat.
is 21º and 15 MPH wend out of the north.the house is nice and warm,the furnace is coming on often. we Have a farm tap on natural gas. was level pay of $87.? now they raised it got the new bill today $150.and some change. seams every thing goes up except our income. sad we produced so many children to have to take on the burden. I am off of the block now and going to bed soon. as soon as I take my insulin shot. good thin it has so tine needle do not feel it. so no pain. good night. sweet dreams.

Lloyd

JaneS

I really thought Bubble was claiming that it was NOT her "ET" that was there, so I was casting around for another one.  When I first read it, I, too thought it was her own composition.  And you know something?  She's not confirming OR denying!  OK! BUBBLE, is it you or isn't it?  'Fess up!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Shirley

I'm still guessing with y'all.... is ET the composer or is it really our Bubble  :thumbup:

Everyone left & I had to take my dumpster to the street so had a nice walk in brisk air & still sleepy so think it is time to turn in. Sons & spouses brought Applebee food so enjoyed that & even got things fixed for the Kindle & the computer, thanks to #1 son. 

Had messages & calls from the grands & kids & a surprise bouquet of flowers from my daughter. I've always hated to have them spend money on me but for some reason when those flowers arrived I just decided to enjoy & appreciate. I'll take a photo in the daylight to show you. It has been a long day with no nap. I am finally 85 so can quit saying "almost".

It was supposed to start rain/sleet/snow at 5:00 pm but they moved it to 8:00 and it is still dry out. Going to keep cats in tonight so I won't be watching the door for a frozen kitty. Tom decided he HAD to go out since he won't go out during day light... and he needs some exercise. Hope he decides to come in before I fall asleep.

Sweet dreams & God Bless.  Shirley

Lloyd Hammond

Shirley in case you do not already Know, I will give you and the rest f the girls a Tip on keeping your cut flowers pretty much longer,

Here is what you do

Get a quart of warm wetter to the point you would do baby formal (test on your arm same as formal) put 2 or 3 drops of bleach and two teaspoons of sugar in it. then cut 1/4" t0 1/2" off at a 45º off of the steams.put in the water and ever 4-5 days change the water and repeat same.that will make them Last up to 5 or 6 weeks. try it i think you will be pleased with it and the effort.

Lloyd

JaneS

LLOYD, I always knew about cutting the stems diagonally but I've never heard that formula for the water.  Thanks!

I'm off to Dreamland!  I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Denver

H A P P Y  B I R T H D A Y
 W I S H E S
💐  S H I R L E Y  💐

It sounds like you had a wonderful day and I wish you many, many more❣️❣️

Unfortunately, while I was working on the birthday message I managed to accidentally delete my post, so I will attempt to write more again tomorrow.

I am headed off to bed.....pleasant dreams to all.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Vanilla-Jackie

Shirley...
...sending belated BIRTHDAY WISHES...

...and a Happy 75th Birthday today to my Richard in heaven...
" There is no present like the time "

Gloria

Good morning everyone. My son popped in yesterday when the CNA was here. I was going to send her to pick up some meds for me and trying to tell her where it was and my son said he would take me. Great. When she left he took me to the new Walgreen's, they bought out the Riteaid pharmacy and every thing changed for 2 months already. Got the meds and he brought me home and left. I always had them put the easy open caps because I cannot open the childproof ones, They did not put then on so I missed a couple of my meds last night and will have to see if anyone is around today whe can open them for me. I called then in Monday and told them I would get then picked up Thursday morning. What a line waiting to be served. Glad I had my rollator to sit on. Looked like some of the ones behind the counter didn't know what they were doing. The one who waited on me had to go to 3 different locations to get the  4 of them.  I will be looking for a different place to get them if this keeps up. We have a CVS in town and they deliver but I went there when I first moved here. I gave them the list of all of them and would get 1 today and in a few days I might get 3 and then I would get some more. Every time I would come up short in at least 1 med. I tried White Cross and they deliver only what is in envelopes and nothing else unless I called them. I heard good things about Riteaid so transfered them there. Every 3 months they called and said they were ready to pick up. Only my pain pills did I have to call the doctor to send the script in and send someone for them.

LLOYD  I never had a nickname except one sister called me Glor-that is what I used in SN. and a neighfor called me Glo and I woulf not answer her. Told her my name is Gloria and she finally called me by my name. I never cared for nicknames.

SHIRLEY  after being in the mid 60's on Sunday right now here it is 17 and windy, wonder wha t the wind chill is, maybe feels like 0 or the single numbers.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY A DAY LATE. that's me a day late and a dollar  short.

hello to every onw who comes in later. I woke too early and was hungry so had my breakfast already. Think I will go see if I can get a few more ZZZZ's

Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Amy

Good morning everyone...Jane, this is for you.de098a37-7247-42cf-8bf6-63e6b42675cd.jpg   Jane.jpg

Happy Birthday Shirley, sounds like you did have a wonderful day..may you be blessed with many more.ET and Bubble are one in the same. :)

Tad chilly out there this morning temp is -18 F good day to hug the fire.
Will get on with purging the drawers  and may squeak in some sewing. Need to pick up meds first though.

Lloyd, thank you for that tip will use that next time when I get flowers.

Gloria, hope you found more zz's . makes a day long when you wake up early.

Better get some warm clothing on if I am going out..

Enjoy your day everyone..

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

phyllis

phyllis
Cary,NC

JaneS

Happy Belated Birthday, Shirley!  As Amy said, it sounds like you had a happy day!  I also wish you many more happy and HEALTHY ones to come!

[/AMY, that poster is exactly right.  It is hard to do NOTHING because even when you're not doing anything you're really DOING nothing!

I had lunch with a dear friend yesterday.  We raised our kids together and worked in Girl Scouts together for a lot of years.  She's a lot like the people on here.  She celebrated her 90th birthday last summer and she's still living in her home, driving herself around and taking care of herself.  We try to get together at least once a month.

Today, I'm going to continue with the sorting of "stuff"!  There's waaaay too much of it!

I wish you all a lovely day!
Make it your own in every way!

And don't forget to tell us all about it!
b]

Amy

Road running is done for today. We went to the coffee shop and one of the regulars had his granddaughter there...what a delight she is...maybe 3 yrs old and so good. She was enjoying eating the peanut butter and jam out of the single servings. Grandpa soon called a halt to that and said there was some fruit at home. Looks to me she has Grandpa right by the heart!! Others were also enjoying the repour between these two, especially one gentleman who is waiting on his first great grand child!! Better get back to the floors :)
Jimmy Dean

Lloyd Hammond

good Mid morning everyone. Gloria we are in our second childhood so just smile and take it easy. I slept in this AM and went to get on line, My computer had a cloudy and mountain seen took me 30 MIN. to get it to come on. I am wore out now. this getting old is not what it is cracked up to be. Have a great day.

Lloyd

Joy

Good morning.    Pretty sunny morning, but a wintry mess is predicted for tomorrow.

I am feeling better, thankfully.  Just have to remember to keep on taking good care of my feet.

Shirley,  I want to wish you a very belated Happy Birthday !   We will only just be the same age until mine arrives in May.  I honestly never think about how old I am.  It is just a number.  Except, that new number keeps coming up faster and faster these days.

I need to clean out my fridge...... a job I keep putting off, but I really have to get to it this morning.

Hope everyone has a super day !!

Joy
BIG BOX

Amy

Have to sit a min while floors dry :)

Jane and others with the Instant Pot.Good information here.....love the one about the sponge brush because I also don't care for the small space but this works!!

https://wondermomwannabe.com/instant-pot-hacks/?ml_subscriber=1335551339161195275&ml_subscriber_hash=g1d0&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=instant_pot_hacks&utm_term=2020-01-17
Jimmy Dean

CallieOK

Good Afternoon.

Miserable weather in Oklahoma.  Western area has ice.  The rest of us have really cold rain.

Belated  :hb3: Shirley

You're now a year older than I am.  I turned 84 in December. Friends teased me all through school about being the last one to do this or that (like getting driver's license).  I had such fun reminding them who was the last one to turn 40 - and 50 - and 60, etc.

Son took me to eye doctor this morning to be sure things were going as well as I thought they were. He said I had done exactly the right thing - hot compresses, "shampooing" eye with baby shampoo and using ointment doctor had given me last August for allergies.  Eye is healed and "weepiness" is caused by tear imbalance.  OTC Systane eye drops twice a day should help with that.
Both sons had been fussing at me because I had insisted it would clear up and refused to go to doctor earlier. 
Kind of fun to be able to say "Told you so".

Sounds as if the next two days will be good to stay indoors.....and so I shall.

Wishing Everyfriend Everywhere an Enjoyable Day.

Denver

Good morning, EVERYFRIEND🦋  We have sunshine today, but we also have horrible winds that are reeking havoc all over the place. 

Today Betty White is 98 years old....what an inspiration that lady is for all of us.  I did have to chuckle when one interview I read said, "I attribute my longevity to drinking vodka and eating hot dogs, and LOTS of them"!  It shows a good sense of humor is a very important part too😘

CALLIE, being able to say, "I told you so" is fun isn't it?  Thank goodness your plan of attack worked out for you! 

It is Friday already....where do these day, weeks and months go?

I wish you all a GREAT day!

Jenny 
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Lloyd Hammond

Good afternoon.we had freezing rain Has stopped now. But before it did give us a short 1/2" we are at 33º But dropping and down to single digits by daylight the weather guesser says. I road my four wheeler down to Mailbox and the rain before the ice has softened the ground enough that the tread traction bars on the tires leave tracks through the Ice. and that 15 Min. to mail box and back was enough cold for me. I am going to go make me a cup of Hot chocklet.

Lloyd

Carol

Very late birthday greetings to Shirley! 

We have had several groups of visitors and one son came here - in-and-out over three weeks time.   Today is sunny and it rained recently so the air is clear.  We did watch the Jeopardy show for the final winner.  It was amazing to watch all these contests. 

Hopefully, all of you are well and stay warm.   

Shirley

Well, I did write quite a long post & thought it posted (before noon) and few minutes later I had NO wi-fi or phones, not until less than half an hour ago (full 5 hours, so glad I have antenna TV now). Cox.. (Gloria, you can sympathize). I checked the iPad & discovered no post from Shirley. So came to see if the computer looked any different (okay, I know they are on the same wi-fi).... so I will repeat the part of thanking EVERYONE for the birthday wishes. Yes, it was a good day!

Yesterday my mouse died.... I am hard on them, was one #1 son had brought over when others I had didn't talk to Windows 10. He "fixed me up for overnight" while they were here yesterday and today he brought me 2 to try & see if they fit my hand comfortable. I like the ones that plug into the computer but am using a wireless one he took from the other computer that is attached to the printer. He's tried to convince me to set up so I can use any of these computers & send to that one printer that works... but I don't want to learn anything else new cause I know I can screw things up & it takes help to bail me out!!! I have some old computers that I've kept going because they had the version of Paint Shop Pro that I could work with.... alas, bought 2 newer versions of PSP & can't get them to set up or understand. I never did a lot with it but when Bunny was alive she helped me understand enough to fix old photos and Bubble & Gloria & a couple others gave me tips of how to. I did go through 2 of the "steps" programs & finally gave up because I didn't have enough time to devote to the computer when Cas was so bad.

I got out a couple bags of the ground roast to mix meat spread to send with Andy, his daughter has been sick so I send one tub full to her, (he appreciates that). I also had a couple chicken breasts from KFC bucket I bought & made up some chicken salad with that. I used a Gala apple & put in both walnuts & pecans. I'm not happy with the Miracle Whip these days, too dry with the soy in it!!! Everything is stuffed with soy now, I'm shocked, even things like Blue Bonnot I use for cooking! I have a gr-daughter that has a problem with soy so we've all come to check out contents & no wonder our bread is so cardboardish.... check your labels, bet you didn't know, either!

And now cats are demanding attention. Tom & Callie went out, not raining but damp and above freezing. Tiger had been out so is hunkered down on a furnace vent. I did not walk down to the river tonight, becoming a house cat/person. Can you believe this is another weekend already??? We just had a Sunday! I remember when people used to say, "Time goes faster the older you get".... and feels like we are having back to back Sundays already!

Jenny, I'm always happy to see someone reach those bigger numbers, gives me hope! Betty White has such an ornery  look when she says something like that, love it & her.

Callie, glad your eye/eyes are better. A couple years ago I had a problem with my eyes getting stuck shut & made a comment about it in Photos... so Jack from WVa told me to get the Johnson's baby shampoo & wash them in the mornings & pretty soon they quit having a problem. Not sure the cause but the cure worked! So far our weather is just gloomy but not been too bad, heard some ice on bridges & overpasses early but I've been out to get the dumpster & take care of cats without it being too bitter.

Phyllis, that little girl in your graphic looks so much like one of my gr-grands, we called her "Katy-bug" so much she now calls herself that (with a twinkle in her eye). Thank you.

Joy, not sure I mentioned this to you or if it was in a post that didn't "stick to the site".... but I've switched back to wearing tennis shoes around the house or no shoes .. with some part wool sox by Columbia... and my feet have been happy with me.

I've got to get off here, like someone pulled the cork out of the bottle & she can't shut up!!!  Shirley

JaneS

I've had one of "those" days!  I think I've accomplished a few things but I'm not sure what!

I have a question for those of you who live alone.  Do you sometimes have days when you wish there was someone there to talk to?  I don't mean someone on the phone or on the other end of a text message or on the computer.  I mean someone THERE who will answer when you talk to them. Most of the time I'm comfortable with my own thoughts and feelings but once in a while, I just wish someone would answer!  Am I strange?  Or is this more or less normal?

I'm off to Dreamland now and I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

CallieOK

Janie,  YES! But not 24-7.   And I often wish someone would start a conversation with me instead of having to instigate it myself.

Lloyd Hammond

JaneS you are Normal. It is alright if you ask your self a question but just do not ask it and then answer it your self, you need a second opinion
get your self a room mate. male or female,dose not have to be bed partner. you surely Have more than one bed and or bed room. and one that would help with utility's and chores. one that has a adult attitude. you will be in  your second childhood soon enough if not already. Have a great day. others can join in also you can have a bed partner of opicet sex just cuddle with on cold nights, and not try to make more children.

Lloyd

so_P_bubble

Sorry, did not visit here for so long. I
 had to rest after my w/c outing and the bad weather has a bad influence on my joints and bones :(
It will take 6 to 8 weeks for me to get that  new wheelchair.

Yes Me is ET. I thought every one knew. It's a shortening of my real name. Also I often feel like E.T. here in Israel because it is so different from my birth country. I think it is always difficult to transplant oneself to a different place and adapt when one is already grown up.

Amy

Good morning everyone..

No new snow as of yet but Newfoundland sure got it..

Will carry on with the cleaning today, little by little it will get done. Have no idea of why I kept some things but do know where they are going.

Picked up a good deal on chicken yesterday and made Cordon Bleu with it for supper last night. We split one between us and will have the other one today.

Bubble ,happy that you're feeling better...outings although, fun can also take the starch out of you.

Shirley, yes, time does seem to go faster. I hope that is the answer and not that I am getting slower..but that too could be the answer. Seems I just do laundry and soon enough doing it again.

Well since I hugged the pillow again I had better get a move on.

Enjoy your day everyone.
Jimmy Dean

phyllis

Before I forget:  Thanks, Amy, for the link to the Instant Pot cleaning tip you posted.  I was browsing on through the site and printed out a recipe for Brownies that sounds so good to me.  Think that is what we need on this cold, dreary, and supposed-to-be-rainy day.  Anything chocolate is bound to make the day better, isn't it?

I haven't been using the IP much lately.  I've been taking the easier way out and using a lot of "all-ready cooked and just need to be heated" things out of the freezer.  And I used to love to cook!    :'(   The times they are a'changin'.

Breakfast is calling and, maybe, a second cup of coffee.
phyllis
Cary,NC

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  It's cold here and we're getting the predicted snow.  It's been coming down for about an hour now and shows no signs of stopping!  I think we're in for it this time.  It's already all white out there!

Thanks, Callie.  You make me feel better about wishing for people with real voices to answer.  And you're right about who starts the conversation, too. 

I'm thinking I might follow Mickie's example and spend the day eating and sleeping.  She does it so well that I could take lessons. 

I wish you all a lovely and safe day!
Make it your own in every way!

And share it with us!