Random Image

bird clock

Owner: FlaJean
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 11:29:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for January 15, 2020

Started by so_P_bubble, January 15, 2020, 01:30:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaneS

A quick Good Morning Everyfriend!  I hope you all have a lovely day.

JENNY, good that BOB insisted on an earlier appointment.  Feeling dizzy is no fun!  I hope they find out what's wrong and fix it now.

I have nothing planned for today except for a quick trip to WM to return one item and pick up 2 others.  I'm thinking of putting something in the crock pot for supper and the I'm leaning toward doing it in the IP and see if it's as good that way.  I have to learn more.  Aside from that, I'm going to continue with the cleaning up and throwing out!  Almost forgot, I have some stuff in the car to drop off at Good Will and some more back on the bed in the spare room to add to it.

I sure don't sound very organized but I'll get with it as I get more awake. 

I wish you all a lovely day!
Make it your own in every way!

And don't forget to pop in and share it with us!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. it is 35º here @5:17 A M and cloudy saying 35º is going to be the high for today. I am having problems with my blood sugar tester. so I am going to go to V A and see if they can fix them or get one that will work. Had a pretty good night's sleep last night.see you all later on today.

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

Amy

Good morning everyone.

We are to have warmer weather and may even get a bit of rain. Rather have snow than rain but we get what we get. Taking Kyle to the chiropractor this morning and then home to play catch up on what didn't get done yesterday.

Jane , I like to think I am organized no matter how disorganized I am. Things will get done sooner or later and sometimes it is later.

Jenny, happy to read Bob got an early appointment with the Dr.

Shirley, sorry to read about your cousins. Time has a way of sneaking up on us.

Mary Ann, hope today is a better day for you..

Lloyd, good morning, I see you popped in.. IP is an Instant Pot. A pressure cooker that is electric, not one you put on the stove. Amazing pot and I for one wish I had of had one when working..

Enjoy your day everyone..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

so_P_bubble

phyllis

Another chilly morning here but it is supposed to warm up a little on the weekend.  I was just reading an article in the local news that tomorrow is the 20th anniversary of the biggest snow storm ever on record in central No. Carolina.  We woke up to 20 inches of snow here 20 years ago. It caught everyone completely by surprise, even the forecasters who didn't see it coming. This whole area just came to a dead stop.  But, I remember it was so beautiful.  I used to have pictures of it but lost them when my computer crashed a few years ago.

Grocery shopping today.  I would like to go with David but not sure I can make it.  We'll see.

Take care, All. 
phyllis
Cary,NC

Mary Ann

Phyllis, I don't remember any blizzard here 20 years ago (2000) but two stick out in my memory, both at the end of January and they were in 1977 and 1978.  I remember walking down the middle of the street to get to a main road which was plowed so a co-worker could pick me up to go to work.  Not many people made it to work.  So far this year, we've had a mild winter.  I've often said if I could get through November and December, I could take what January and February offered.  And January is nearly over.  Even our temps have not been bad.  Lake Michigan does not have any ice on it yet.

Mary Ann

Amy

Well, we are headed back to the city on Mon. Dr has ordered an xray on Kyles hip....thinks osteo is in there too! Really too bad we didn't know this yesterday as we were at the hospital ..oh well..

Phyliss, hope you feel well enough to go.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Gloria

Good morning everyone, wokereally late this morning and just getting here with my coffee. The new CNA seems OK, she is 37 so makes me wonder how old the one in the office is. One thing I learned from her is she likes to cook. Will see how that goes. Maybe I can start adding a few pounds if she is good. Right now I have a longing for mac & cheese and not the kind that comes in a package or is frozen. She just bought a house and is taking nursing classes so came back to work she did before. Single and loves her family. Cannot be bad, right? Time will tell how long the dumb woman in the office leaves her here.

AMY  now I know why you have a van, are you sure you don't need a panel truck to carry all the items you buy at Costco and other places on the way home? Wish you were my neighbor.

JOY  good seeing your post. Thanks for mentioning your meds, reminded my I didn't get mine yet. First time since I started taking meds that I ever forgot. Ok now I have taken that first one before eating. Coffee isn't eating, right? This is the first winter than the cold has kept me inside. That tells me I am now OLD.

LLOYD  this is the first morning that it is in the high 20's now so maybe I will get out later. The sunn is shining bright.

JANE  I found that I am never happy with remakes of old movies, always something wrong with them.

SHIRLEY  around here every year the pot holes that show up from the plowing of snow are responsible for even the wheels needing to be replaced, not just tires.

MARY ANN  no fun being 88 and not able to do much either.

JENNY  glad Bob did not have to wait a week for an appointment. 

JANE  funny how much we collect when in one home for years. I know I got rid of a lot when I moved here and at times I still look for something and remember I threw it away.

LLOYD  just 35 here at 11:30 and with the sun it will get warmer.

PHYLLIS  GLAD dAVID CAN GET  GROCERIES FOR YOU, At least he knows what you like. I send CNA's to the market and tell them to get just what is on the list, If the do not have it nothing else, no substitutes.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Carol

Sorry for being so inconsistent in my messages this year.  We have had company & relatives galore.  I have been trying to keep up with the Balance class (it does make me aware of what not to do.  For instance, stop walking so fast CAROL!  It is not a race! 

We take a Science class together and it is on Alzheimer's Disease (my mom had that dreadful disease).  All the speakers are interesting and one point is to keep visiting with others (not a problem for us).  After three weeks of non-stop visitors, I can attest that I did my share of social interaction. 

Jenny:  Best wishes on a good check-up for Bob.  There are a lot of ideas for being dizzy at times, and some exercises as well.  Don takes a cane with him now when we walk.

You have bobcats nearby?  We see them here all the time but at home it is usually deer in the ravine.  Luckily, while driving slowly in the area - a herd of javelinas missed my car because I could stop.  So glad not to be walking - the adults can be viscious and they are filled with germs when they bite. 

Gloria:  Coffee sounds so good but I quit about a month ago because of stomach pain.  Self-diagnosed and it sure burns me that my Scandinavian relatives drink coffee and eat pie at 10 PM and they never have problems.  Not fair! 

Gloria:  Let's hope this new helper is a keeper!   

Shirley

Well, doggies.... I think I know why my post is missing & probably why a lot of ours are missing. I was in a rush to post & then walked away and didn't notice someone else had posted first, so mine didn't "stick" because I didn't hit the post button again!  :P  :P  :P

Mary Ann, I was giving you all my tips for having stuff on hand when we ran out when out camping. Always part of the fun of camping, coming up with something out of nothing. I won't repeat everything in case I posted in the wrong place, that's happened before, too.  EDIT:  I just came from the sink where I washed the measuring pitcher I mixed my pancakes in this morning. After telling you about our "fix" for running out of bread (Aunt Jemima original pancake mix)... just add water to dry amount you think you can eat... stir & fry in a hot skillet.  Yummy when wrapped around those breakfast sausages. Sounded so good this morning I mixed some up (with syrup) & had a hard boiled egg for protein. 

Carol, I'm another that loves a cup of coffee & something sweet before bed, but everyone thinks I'm strange.  ;)  :uglystupid2:  :crazy2:  I've given up coffee before but give up chocolate at the same time, my gall bladder appreciates a time out. Seems okay after a short time, but have to accept the headaches from lack of caffeine. Tell Bob we carve long poles for walking sticks that help going up & down the ravines in CO. I take one down to the river with me, partly to steady myself but also as defense in case wildlife has a problem with me invading their territory. I've never met any that did, but have had close encounters with coyotes before.

Gloria, maybe the new girl is young enough to train, you think? I mentioned to Mary Ann (in the missing post) about the package of peanut butter cookies laying on the counter waiting to be baked, I'm sure not as good as what my aunt always made, but probably better for me than hers were. Mom didn't approve of the shortening she used (lard?), boy, they were good, but hope these are better than I've had the last few years. I think they are Betty Crocker. Maybe you would eat better if you smelled something you like cooking.

Amy, I've been dropping little hints to the various doctors about getting things done at one time instead of running back & forth so much. One of them actually seemed to notice what I was saying. My youngest son volunteered to take me for the cataract surgery, at least the first eye. He says he can "work from their clinic" so no big deal. It is to me, but all 3 kids threw a fit when I said I could "Uber".... They think I need a keeper.  :-[ 

Cats are lined up for their afternoon snack of raw hamburger. This was the meal when they got rotisserie chicken, but got tired of that. Sometimes they get the canned chicken breast but right now they are on a raw hamburger (only the best, Sam's Club Angus, leanest you can buy)jag. Any wonder why they couldn't survive in the wild anymore?   :o  ::)

Little rain but talking like it could turn to snow tonight. The wind is rocking the trees down by the river, ice could bring them down. We'll see what Mother Nature hands out....

Mary Ann

In case anyone cares, the cupboard and refrigerator are restocked.  Tom went to the store this afternoon.  I think I missed the peanut butter cookies the most because when I get up in the morning, I fix me a cup of flavored coffee and have a cookie too.  I found some saltines, but you know they are not the same.

Tom has left to pick up a new-to-him car, a Toyota Avalon.  We split the cost as he is my driver to wherever I go (except church) and I don't want him driving a car that will fall apart on the X-way.  I share as much for his protection as for my transportation.  I don't remember the year but it is newer than his 2006 Camry.  I hope it fits in the garage.

Shirley, I had not heard about mixing pancake mix and water to make a bread.  I think we have some mix in the house so I'll have to remember that when I'm high and dry again.  Remember I did not bring up children so was not up on "tricks" like that.  I remember my mother using lard, probably in pie crusts but I think she used Crisco in cookies and cakes.  It's been so long ago that I don't even remember what I used when baking. 

Mary Ann

Shirley

Mary Ann, I use the original pancake mix that calls for water & just put as much as I will eat in a 2 cup Pyrex measuring pitcher & start mixing water until it is "pancake consistency", fry & then just wrap the meat or whatever inside. The first few trips the boys & I made to the mountains without Cas, we didn't go into town but maybe once, for ice & usually milk. I learned to keep powdered milk on hand for emergencies, but mainly kept foods that didn't need refrigeration. Peanut butter & jelly sandwiches were always good but the boys loved a campfire so wrapped potatoes in aluminum foil was good, along with any kind of meat grilled, always fresh carrots & celery sticks. We had a little metal oven that sat over a campfire or Coleman stove to bake in so was fun baking our sweets. I was a Girl Scout only one day but still love the outdoors. With the RV, hardly counts as "camping".... but I enjoy it. Cas hated camping so we agreed that "I wouldn't follow him around the golf course griping and he wouldn't go camping and griping with me". Worked for us. Even though Cas didn't want me to work, my paintings sold at the 2 shows a year I entered to keep me in "mad money" and paid for all art supplies as well as cameras & trips. All the painting I have done the last 30 years is as gifts for people that did nice things for me. You life like the way it happens, right?

Hope Tom gets as good of service out of his Toyota as Andy has his... think he's on the 2nd hundred thousand miles. It pulls his smaller camper without any trouble & they don't make the bigger engine his has anymore, so he hates to give it up. They also have a huge 3/4 ton van to pull their bigger camper and his wife has a new car she drives back & forth to work. Out here in KS, we travel miles instead of blocks so most vehicles get a lot of miles on them.

Sweet dreams to all, cats are begging to go outside to check out the snow so I'd better feed them their last meal of the day.

Sandy

There has been some changes made...
when we post besides our name there is more information...

What is that all about?

Now it is gone...  the natives are restless
tonight?    ha ha ha

:uglystupid2:
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Mary Ann

Shirley, my family are not campers which is kind of strange because Tom's mother liked to camp, however, in a tent trailer.  One year she and I went north of here to Croton Dam on the Muskegon River.  Norm hauled the trailer and set it up and left because he had to work.  I like storms and we had a doozy while there.  The trailer had an awning and Joyce and I stood under it with poles to keep the rain from collapsing the awning.  We finally gave it up as a bad job.  I think the boys (Tom and his brothers) were all under the age of ten.  We all had a lot of fun.  I have no idea what we ate.  A friend of Norm's came up the river in a houseboat and gave us a long ride.  My dad was an outdoors person but I am sure my mother was not.  Her idea of being outdoors was to pack a lunch and go to a park and eat our lunch.  She would sit on a bench while we kids would swing and teeter and slide.  She didn't object to our doing those things but it was not her thing. 

I know I've told that I like PB and mayo sandwiches, still do.  PB and jam or jello does not appeal to me. 

When he was young, Dad went to the Grand Canyon and went part way down.  I have a story he wrote but I have only part of the story.  He was with others and I think they got lost and dark came and the rest of the story was gone. 

I would not go camping now and maybe in ten years you will not, either, Shirley.

On the first night, Tom loves his "new" car.  It is so quiet and so clean.  He takes good care of his cars so they were usually semi-clean, certainly not dirty.  It rides very nice and Tom loves to drive, so it will get a lot of use. 

Sandy, I had that, then the left column disappeared.  On another computer, I could not find a way to sign off on S&F then all of a sudden things were back to normal.   Gremlins?

Mary Ann

JaneS

Hello my friends!  I got another little hole cleaned out, took two bags and a box to the dumpster, a box and a bag to Goodwill and returned a lamp shade to WM.  Also picked up some paper work at my daughter's office and dropped it off at another office.  Mickie and I had 3 nice walks today and I got started on another spot to clean out.  It was a pretty good day!

Now I'm going to try to get to bed early because Cathy is picking me up at 8 a.m. tomorrow to go to the Amish Store.  They are having one of their twice yearly 20% off EVERYTHING weekends and we're going to stock up.  My list is loaded with paper goods and some canned goods but I'm sure I'll see things I need that aren't on my list.  If I don't manage to get in here in the morning don't worry.  I'm just enjoying my shopping and saving time.

Shirley, I'm a camper from way back.  I was a Girl Scout for 65 years and did lots of camping and travelling with my various troops and I've never heard of mixing pancake mix and water to take the place of bread.  After you mix it, do you just fry it like you would a pancake?  And then you use it like you would bread or rolls?  I guess I didn't learn this trick because I'm not a real fan of pancakes.  Teach me!

I'm going to bid you all goodnight.  May you have a peaceful night's sleep and a happy tomorrow and may God bless us, every one!

Denver

It is late and I am headed off to bed, but I did want to share the out come of the visit to the doctors office this afternoon.

It has been a stressful day with the worry about Bobs dizziness issue.....this morning when he woke up he tried to do the exercise that many do to help with vertigo.....he did it turning on one side, and nothing happened, so he did the other side and it was awful for him.....the worse than ever dizziness and then it made him super sick to his stomach.....we went well prepared to tell the doctor all that has been going one, starting back with the cold he had and before long the doctor was convinced it was not a stroke, Parkinson's or even vertigo issue, but rather pressure in his head/ears.  He did a little procedure on him that consisted of pretty much pooping his ears and it was immediately successful......as the day has progressed it is not quite as good as it was, so Bob is to retry the procedure again before bed and hopefully he will wake up and hopefully there will be no dizziness! 

Thank you for the concerns and good wishes....we are very hopeful this issue w8ll be gone or at least better when Bob awakes tomorrow.

Pleasant dreams to all.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Shirley

I seem to be getting enough sleep lately  so I am ready to roll this morning & still only 5:00 am. Woke up at 4:00 & couldn't go back to sleep thinking about the dreaded meds given to do cataract surgery. I know there's no way around numbing the eye & something so I don't move, but it's that "something" that scares me. The 2 things they use if you have an allergic reaction (benadryl & prednisone) are my worst enemies... with a tiny speck of benadryl in an allergy 'script, I could not blink or swallow. Having coffee with neighbor so she called the doctor & was told to keep pouring coffee in me & not let me go to sleep. With the prednisone, the 3rd day on the pills I had swelled up so much my arms stuck out like a scarecrow & head felt like it was going to ooze out of the skull. Really a challenge to calm my fears & do what is necessary, but can't put it off any longer if I want to keep on driving.

Jenny, prayers that Bob wakes up free of the dizzies. I have a friend that did the "routine" most do before getting out of bed and it made her as sick as Bob.

Now about those pancakes we use instead of bread.... if you like crepes with various stuffings, pancakes are basically the same without the "raising", so thicker & fluffier. I add a tad more water to make them thinner when using as a breakfast "wrap". (Yes, I fry them like normal pancakes). When the "complete" pancakes came out I used milk instead of water and took powdered milk to use out camping. Then I realized the "complete" had powdered milk in the mix.  :-[  The boys never like the taste of powdered milk to drink, so we came up with freezing big blocks of ice so the cooler stayed cold longer. The frig in the RV runs on propane so always plenty of ice & storage for food. We all know that when out in the fresh air, camping, anything tastes good... but now & then I like pancakes, better in the evening than breakfast. For most of my life I didn't dare eat something sweet until I stoked my tummy with an egg or even biscuit & gravy, jelly on toast comes last. Tummy would go into cramps with sweets or even coffee on an empty stomach. I really can eat anything but have to listen to my body about when.

Quick EDIT:  Mary Ann, my sister loved & still loves peanut butter & banana sandwiches. Good thing we aren't all alike, right???  My son likes mayo to dip his french fries in.. says what is offered in his many trips overseas. NOT something that works for me. 

I'm off to fix my breakfast & check to see if Tom & Callie are ready to come back inside. They cleaned out their bowls & made a dash for the door. Callie would rather stay inside but she likes to keep track of Tom. Tiger expects breakfast in the other end of the house & doesn't come in unless I am too slow about serving. She will wait for the sun to shine before going out.

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone.I according to the breathing machine got 9 hours of sleep. but quite a bit of was awake and mined rambling on even some dreaming. AMY could not stand to keep the snow up there. don't know how much we have but we have well over 2" on the deck so far and still cumming down hard. so couch jockey again today, and leaving it to neighbor to get hay to the two cows we have left. I hope the roads get cleared enough to get them hauled to sale by next Tuesday. Have a great day the way you like it.

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning everyone.

Weather folks say we are to get more snow Sat and Sun..everyone is preparing for it.again.

We are going to check out  winter boots that are on sale 70% off at Canadian Tire. Not much else on other than the purging.

Shirley, I can understand your fear with the  meds. Hope the Dr can find or do something that won't give you the reaction the other med did.

Jane, I need your purging ambition...I have it in thought now to find the energy to complete it.

Jenny, that must have been scary! The treatment sound like what the Dr did on Kyle's ears...and it worked! The last time though he didn't do it, just gave him exercises to do. Hope Bob has a better day today.

Gloria, would love to be your neighbour. We have the middle seats down in the van ,at the moment we have a huge dog cage in it for the pup. Waiting for him to get out of the terrible chews ,then the cage can be taken out.

Lloyd, we don't have any new snow.yet We will get it tomorrow and Sun. I took the snowblower and ice chisel to flatten the tops of the banks at the end of the driveway yesterday so we are now prepared for more.

Better get ready for the day..

Enjoy your day everyone...
Jimmy Dean

Gloria

Good morning, starting again. Lost what I had written because this machine froze.  I thought it was this site but it was every thing so shut down and let it rest. Was OK when I turned it on again.

CAROL  this new CNA seems OK so far in the 2 days she has been here. She did not like the way the bathroom floor looked so washed it on her hands and knees. That is one thing they aren't supposed to do.

SHIRLEY  this new one is not that young, she is 37. She is a bit old fashioned as she loves family and is with them as often as she can. She is a talker so t quiet when she is here. I will not tell the one in the ofice I like her because every time I told her that she would change them. I have no appetite because I am not active anymore.

MARY ANN  my Mom used lard for pie crust and it was so tasty and flaky. Then lard was no good us but I noticed last time I was in a market that they had it on the counter again.

JANE  I know you will like your shopping this morning. Saving 2% would make every one shop at the Amish store.

SHIRLEY around here it is malt vinegar on french fries.

LLOYD  hope you get the last 2 cows. Something less for you to worry about.

AMY  when you move here I would love being your neighbor. I will not move to Canada, too cold for me now.

Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Shirley

Gloria, I like malt vinegar on my cod fish (Long John Silver's around here)... have a bottle in the frig that must be at least 7-8 years old, wonder how long to keep it?  ::)  I don't get to LJS very often, sometimes their oil is old & has a whang to it. :P  I like my french fries plain (salt) or with catsup. I have a Presto fry baby & keep Wesson corn oil in it & will peel a potato, slice & eat french fries before going to bed.

I decided I needed to get off the fast food & bought a whole salmon yesterday so spent nearly an hour on the internet this morning, to see how to oven bake, (not grilling weather). I will freeze serving sizes, my poor freezer is groaning right now, it will be glad when I get outside again! Salmon is not a native fish for KS so sometimes can be smelly, depending on the store. Growing up in MO with a father that loved to fish & mother that could make anything taste good, it was cat fish, pan fried & crisp.

Tomereader1

You must try french fries with Honey Mustard!  I did that accidentally one night at the bowling alley, when everyone at the table had a different "dip" for their fries.  It is so good, and now I prefer it to catsup.  (fries dipped in good old-fashioned cream gravy is the best)!  Well, cream gravy is the best on anything; mashed potatoes, scrambled eggs, toast, biscuits...oh, yum, I'm making myself hungry! Shirley, I bet you can make awesome cream gravy!!

Shirley

Tomereader1, every time I see your name I want to ask you "how you came up with that name?"  Years ago when I first started with computers, a friend in central MO also got her first one & our kids helped us with names, & e-mail. Never knew how she came up with same as yours without the 1 on the end. She died quite a while ago so will never know. I do love to eat. Last summer when camping out in CO next to my sons, the youngest did have the seasoned mustard we got in town, to dip his fries in. Both boys love mustard & made fast work of the mustard I made from somebody's recipe in here.

The salmon baked up beautifully. I ate all I could hold & wrapped up 5 packages to freeze with enough put in the fridge for a good meal. Got to figure how to post this without losing & still enlarge & color.[/color]

Mary Ann

Shirley, I may be wrong, but I take Tomereader to be a reader of a lot of books (books are tomes).  I am the opposite but I am reading a book on my tablet now as regular print in a book is too small for me.

Was your friend a reader?

Mary Ann

Amy

Laundry blowin on the line, birds fed twice and supper prep done. Will bring laundry in and fold and enjoy the warm day out there!! I feel we may pay dearly for the lovely weather today...

Shirley , my Dad loved to fish and he never came home skunked. We had pickerel, bass, mudcat and smelt whoops forget the perch. I love fish and think I could eat it 7 days a week as long as the wiggle is cooked out of it.
Jimmy Dean

Amy

Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Well we arrived at the Amish store and the first thing was the parking lot was JAMMED FULL!  After Cathy managed to squeeze her car into a space on the edge of the lot and we walked up to the door, we noticed a line...outside the store.  Cathy asked a few questions and it seems the line was waiting for customers to come out and the the first person in line would follow the customer to her/his car, wait for them to unload and return with the cart to do his/her shopping.  We counted and we would have been 28th and 29th in line.  We opted not to wait.  If the line outside was that long, we wondered how the checkouts looked and how crowded the aisles were.  On the way home we talked about what we might be willing to stand in line for and I can't think of anything unless it would benefit the health of someone I love!  How about all of you?  What would you be wlling to wait in a long line, in 22º weather to get?

So I came home and rooted through the freezer and cooked some stuff that needed cooking.  Wanna join me for smorgasbord for supper?

Hope you all had a great day!
Hope you made it your own in every way!

Amy

I would wait in line  for a hug from my southern cuz 😁
Jimmy Dean

Shirley

Jane, not much I'm willing to stand in line for anymore. I don't even have patience to hang onto the phone when "you are caller number 11"... & repeats every few minutes saying the same thing. I was going to call the trash service this week to tell them my bill arrived the day before it was due, so impossible to get there on time. But I wasn't willing to hang on that long. We have a problem with mail, no regular mail carrier & often mail will go into a box (garage door slot) and not be seen until someone checks on an empty house. Guess the only line I wait in is at the doctors offices. Sorry you didn't get to bargain shop, Jane. I keep telling myself I need to eat what's in the freezer & quit cooking more, but I don't listen.  :P

Aw, Amy, that is so sweet.