Random Image

hannahs twins

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:58:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for January 15, 2020

Started by so_P_bubble, January 15, 2020, 01:30:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomereader1

Shirley, MaryAnn is basically correct; "a large or scholarly book".  I got my computer about the same time "Lara Croft-Tomb Raider" came out in the movies. Not wanting to be a tomb raider, I decided, since I read so much, that Tomereader would be apropos for me. I have other "handles" but opted for Tomereader to sign in to S&F.

JaneS

I think I might wait in that line for a hug, too!  Especially if it's from someone I love and have yet to meet!

I'm off to bed now.  I wish you all a peaceful night sleep and a happy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Lloyd Hammond

Thanks AMY.was good But could not to get the volume up where I need it. I have often thought I would like to make a video and put it on line but have no clue. the snow we got was very wet and heavy. our country roads were a mess and muddy under neath. aw have a short steep incline in it and even tho we have good full treed they would not pull through it up the hill. I baked up and got a run around the circle and could not get up  that way either. so i was backing up to try the first curve and got a little far to the side and got front wheels in a wash and could not go either way, the car is front wheel drive, so had to walk on to house and call for help. sure is good to be blessed with good grand children, that will help and wont take any $$$. well time I wish you all good Night and sweet dreams. I have took my shot and tested my blood sugar. iate a good size of good red grapes and took it too soon after and was a bit high reading. VA want me to take it several times a day so they know how to adjust my Insulin. I guess that will help me to live longer to tease you all?

Lloyd

Lloyd

Gloria

Good morning everyone, got warm during the night, 36 now and rain is supposed to tart late afternoon and stop early morning, but cloudy all day. Not good weather for me. Already feel the humidity in my back. No wonder I woke so early.

SHIRLEY  NO KIDDING, SALMON IS NOT NATIVE IN KANSAS? Gee you mean you don't live near the ocean?;) With so much fresh fish here I seldom have it. I do like fish and chips at 2 different restaurants at times. Cooked to much of it when my sons used to go fishing. We don't have your catfish here but we do have pout or horn pout as some call it and they are small. I can remember my Dad and brothers going fishing at  night for them I did like them at one time but  cooked  to many of them. First time I saw someone eating fries with catsup it turned my tummy. I never heard of venigar going bad but it never lasts too long to ‌find out.

AMY  it was beautiful here yesterday, nice and warm and sunny. My CNA and I went outside and walked aroung the parking lot. Felt great.

JANE  I would not stand in line 10 minutes, with the rollator I would sit.  I know a few restaurants around here that people will wait in line to get  in. Food must be good there. I sure would stand in line like that if I was hungry. I would wait at an airpor t to welcome a family member or good friend who was coming in.

LLOYD  my Mom and some other family members had to take insulin. Don't know how I didn't get diabetis along with most of the family. I always tell my 3 when they go to a new doctor that there is diabetes in my family.

Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

JaneS

I'm up and Mickie and I have been out and we didn't fiddle around out there.  It's doing something and I'm pretty sure if I could see it I'd call it sleet or freezing rain.  It's supposed to warm up as the day progresses and then it's supposed to turn to just rain.  I'll be watching because I made arrangements with Frankie to drop off her dog food and pick her up in time to get her to work at 11.  I need some stuff from the store and I have a gift card for the store where she works so we can get three things done at the same time....if the weather cooperates!

I'm pretty sure the salt trucks will be out on the main roads before 10:30 so all I have to do is hope. 

That's the only thing I have planned for today except for a visit from an electrician.  They fixed my breaker box and they fixed it so good that I can't get it open and I need to get in there and trip one of the breakers.  I don't have any lights in my little bathroom and in my bedroom.  Right now I have my living room floor lamp on an extension cord from down the hall and that's a pain. 

Mickie and I are waiting for the boinger for breakfast and then it should be light enough to take a walk.  I hope the weather changes by then.  The temps are in the mid 30s so whatever comes out of the sky shouldn't freeze on the roads.  Especially if the salt trucks do their job.

We shall see what the day brings.  GLORIA nice that you had a walk outside yesterday.  Looks like you got a good CNA this time.

LLOYD, thank goodness for our young'uns!  They always come through for us!  We manage to get ourselves into some messes and they get us out!  I guess the Good Lord knew what he was doing when he put us here in different generations!

I wish you all a lovely day!
Make it your own in every way!

And stop by to share it with your friends in SS!

Lloyd Hammond

Good morning everyone, is 31º and cloudy calling for the high of 34º today and some sun. my grand daughter and her husband came over with there 4 wheel drive SUV and pulled our van out and put it in the garage for us. no charge have to love them. I am going to go get new battery's for the tractor if the did not take charge over night. i left the chargers on the @ 10 amps. if they are going to take charge that should do it. Have a good day.

Lloyd

Amy

18719d2f-c287-42b6-844f-46fcbf09238e.jpg Hugging.jpg

Good morning everyone..

Raining here this morning and the temp is at 30° sure hope it doesn't freeze!! Nothin g important on the agenda to do other than household chores..sure hope a bolt of energy strikes.

Kyle ,just said we have 21 mourning doves eating.

Gloria, it was nice here also ,didn't really need a heavy coat .
Lloyd, thankfully it was not too big of a chore to get you out of that mess.Your grands are just like you, willing to lend a hand.

I have loafed long enough better get ready to meet the day.

Enjoy your day everyone.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Shirley

Ah, thanks, Mary Ann & Tomereader.... I still am surprised to see 2 of you with the same exact handle.... I am also a reader, or was. I quit some years ago because I am obsessed and always have to finish a book or can't sleep, would find myself still reading when time to get up, not good. We had a Carnegie Libary where I grew up & I think I read every book in it when in grade school. I read everything from Mother's magazines to Dad's Outdoor Life & my brother Popular Science & Mechanics Illustrated. They weren't all advertising back then!

Cats are in & out tonight, not ready for bed because it's been wet & cloudy yesterday & today & even cats know they need exercise. I am getting sleepy already so would like them to settle down, too cold to leave them out all night.

It is morning, I neglected to finish or turn the computer off last night, or maybe I started this when I got up middle of the night. I didn't do a lot of sleeping, for sure.

Today is my daughter's birthday. Brings back many memories. I have some house cleaning chores to do, a major one where Tom or Callie decided the litter box should be only is not! Happens to be where I keep a bag of potatoes & onions, as well as the cats extra bowls, so not sure what I will find, a "clutter corner", smelly one! Onward!!!

Goodness, a whole bunch of you popped in since I started typing this last night! Am hungry so visit later.

Lloyd Hammond

good Mid day.the battery's in the tractor would not take a charge. so took them out, and that was a chore, I have them loaded in the van. but the battery store is no longer open on Saturday so out of business until Monday un less i go to Walmart or local parts store and they are both lot higher priced. i may  bite the bullet and pay the extra,as we are supposed to get more of that snow AMY is sending this way. and driveway is already a mess. i have a big tractor 130 horse power and a 12 ft wide blade circle and 12 ft long moldboard off of a # 12 cat road grader, now it will clean the road right down to the gravel.
we have plenty food and milk so may stay in and take a chance on missing it, and rest.

see you all later.

Lloyd

Amy

Snow is still falling....and it is a wet snow...snow balls and snow fort snow :snowman:  :snowball:
It is all cleaned up until tomorrow..but will deal with that tomorrow. :) Need to go back out and feed the birds again...this time they won't be up to their feathers in snow...nice clean path for not .
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Thanks for the HUG!!!  I feel all nice and cozy! :smitten:

Shirley

Good night and sweet dreams. Shirley

Sandy

I came from a family of
readers.    My father use to read the
first chapter, a middle chapter and the last
chapter in a book.  If he liked it,  he would
read the whole book...  Always in one day. 

I remember that he read Hawaii in one day... 
Well,  at least he said he did.  We
didn't discuss the books... just read
them... 

I suspect that we all read because
we didn't want to talk to
one another..  (ha ha ha) ..
Not "just kidding" ...

Now I go to bed with my books on disc,
every single night.  (with timer set for
one hour)...Most the time I sleep,  get up
walk to the bathroom and set the time on the
book and go to sleep again.

I sleep more hours per night then
I use to.   (when 4 or 5 would be my limit)

To me, sleeping more is very
important for good health...
or at least that is what I have read. 

Good Night Everyone !
Sandy
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Lloyd Hammond

Good Night and sweet dreams. well I can not tell you why but I read things on this computer and stay awake pretty good. but i pick up a news paper or book or magazine and fall to sleep right off. enjoy your reading girls.
I have had my shot and took blood sugar bit high i took a snack too close to taking it. Hope to see you all tomorrow.

Lloyd

Gloria

Good morning everyone, 38 so should be no black ice from last night's rain. Wind picked up in the worse of the rain and we lost power for 1 1/2 hours last night. I was getting ready for bed so it did bother me. Only had to fix the time on th‏e micro this morning. Had both sons here yesterday morning, nice I like that.

JANE  hope this CNA works out. She is pleasant and the hours are the ones I am used to. I was told she will be permanent. Will see how long that lasts. I am begining to think my favorite one will not be co‌mingg back to work. I do mi‭ss her. Hope the roads were good for you yesterday with the trips you had to make.

LLOYD  great to have family around when we need help. You with your grands and me with my sons and 1 grandson. I know if my daughter lived near she would be here most every day but she lives in Arizona.

AMY  now I know why I felt good yesterday, it was your hug. Thanks. It wasn't cod here yesterday and I walked out with my sons when they left. I didn' t put on y war n vest under my jacket and was sorry I didn't. Very damp and I got a chill, not good for these old bones. I did turn up the heat when I got in.

SHIRLEY  I always have a book with me. If no one is outside when I go out I read, when TV is not good I read. I also have the Kindall with souie L'Amour books in it and read that in here. I have all the books of his Sackett family on it. He sure describes the old west like it was.

LLOYD  hope you stayed inside and rested. PLEASE be careful on the tractor. We do not want to read about another accident, you are way over the limit allowed for them.

AMY  rather have snow than rain, not as damp and miserable looking. At least the snow is beautiful.

SANDY  I remember reading Hawaii, took me 3 weeks but at that time I was working, had 3 little ones an a house to take care  of, not to mention my lazy husband.

Have a good day.

JaneS

This is just a quick check in since I didn't check out last night.  Mickie has had her pill and we're in our hour wait time before she can eat.  So I'm heading for the shower so I'm ready for church when it's time to go.

I think Frankie is coming over this afternoon and, while I like her to come, it's going to be hard today because I sure didn't sleep well last night!  I'm going to need a nap sometime today but I'm going to try to keep it short so I have some zzzzzs left for when I go to bed.

GLORIA how nice to have both sons visit you at the same time!  I love it when the kids "gang up" on me!

And keep sharing it with all of us.  We love hearing from you!

Amy

Good snowy morning everyone.
We did get more snow over night, maybe another 3 inches. Will deal with that after I have had my tea.

A day of rest here so maybe the sewing room and I will have a date.........after my waltz.

Gloria, it is a winter wonderland out there now, The snow was heavy and coated the branches of the tress......even my clothes line has about 1 inch of snow built up on it! Love Louis L'Amour. He has you at the first page while Zane Grey describes every blade of grass and takes a while to get to the meat of the story.

Sandy, I also believe sleep in good medicine. Figure while you are sleeping your body is in no stress and can be healing.

Better get my dancing boots on.

Enjoy your day everyone.
Jimmy Dean

Amy

Good morning Jane.......you snuck in on me.....have a fun day with Frankie!
Jimmy Dean

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone, is a bright sunny day here,and 26º. going for a high of 40º today according to the weather guesser. Gloria what part of Arizona dose your daughter live, our son lives on the reservation at LaChee, and brother and his wife live in Page.see you all later

Shirley

Super Sunday morning to all. Sun shining bright & already 39° & had 2 different predicts, either 50°  or 59° , and I'm betting at least 59°! Feels like spring.

Had a little excitement when I got back from church, caller ID showed a neighbor that "lives around the corner" had called. I figured  her dog must have gotten out & she needed help to find... but instead she had a chicken on her front porch! She knew about one neighbor having chickens & tried to call, no answer, so needed advice or help with what to do. Last night when I came up from the river the "girl" next door was standing out waiting to talk, something had gotten into their hen house the night before & killed 2 of their 6 chickens, another missing but couldn't find any feathers of the 3rd missing. These are the most beautiful chickens you ever saw, and I used to go through the poultry barn at the state fair to see them, so I know pretty. 2 hens each of 3 different types. Anyway, got hold of the girl next door & they went around to see if she was their's... just talked to them over the fence, it is & she is back in her fence & happy after a day & night without her friends or food!!! What ever got the others, didn't harm her but we'll never know how she managed to get out of the pen & survive whatever it was that got the others! Happy ending.

I'm going to rake up more of those awful sweet gum balls after while, won't be work, just nice to be out & satisfaction of getting those little spiky things up, hard to walk on. I recall when the tree was young and my husband was so tickled when it had it's FIRST little ball at the top of the tree, only one that year. Could not count how many hundreds (or thousands) it had this year & still some hanging on. I have little sweet gum & redbud trees that pop up even in the cracks of the sidewalk & driveway! Some of our coldest weather is at the end of Feb, so all the sprouts popping out of the ground will probably be killed back this year. We had a lot of plants that never recovered one year like this, sometime in the last 31 years.

Carol

Reading:  I was sitting on the living room floor reading uder the big lamp and someone was moving the light.  Never looking up, I complained that my brother was moving the lamp.  Finally, looking up I saw my mother and she looked like she was talking but nothing could be heard.  She was trying to get me up and out of the house - it was an earthquake.  I was about 7 or 8 years of age in Seattle.  To make matters worse - my dad was putting in a basement on the house and it was held together by only wood and jacks at that time - later, he did get it finished rather quickly. I read "Gone with the Wind" in one night - with a flashlight under the covers.  Always have a book available or my life isn't complete. 

JaneS

Well I got to church on time and really enjoyed the service after missing 2 in a row due to bad weather.  I stayed for coffee hour and company and then made a quick stop at WM on the way home for two things I forgot yesterday.  Unfortunately, I could only remember one of them when I got there so I'm still short something and I still don't remember what.  It must not have been too important.

I spent the afternoon dealing with the things I bought that had to be dealt with.  Yesterday, I cooked some chicken that I bought to make dog food and there was enough left over to make chicken noodle soup for me.  Boy!  did that ever taste good on this cold day.  Now the dishes are all washed up and I'm waiting for Frankie to arrive.  She's going to spend the night and then I'll take her in time to get to work tomorrow. 

Frankie needs to spend Friday with her Father and he doesn't like her doggie so she's bringing him here Thursday evening and he'll spend the day with us.  He's a cutie and we love him so that'll be a good time for Mickie.  She'll have some company!

SHIRLEY, it sounds like there's at least one happy chicken in your neighborhood.  You proved to be a good "middle-person".  I can't say I've ever thought of chickens as "beautiful" but I do like their eggs and the peeps are so cute!

AMY, I hope your "waltz" wasn't too tiring and it all went well.  I'd prefer he sewing part of your day.  Now I'm going to go take Mickie out and then see if there might be a few zzzzs on the couch.  Maybe I can get forty winks before Frankie arrives.  Enjoy the rest of your day.

MaryTX

Carol, were you thinking about the big earthquake in Seattle in 1949?

My mother was standing in the doorway paying the milkman.  She would hand him the money and he would hand it back to her!  We were living in a fairly new house in the Green Lake area.  There was a considerable amount of damage to our house.  Across the street, there was an old probably at least a 100-year-old farmhouse.  There was no damage to it, not even a brick fell off the chimney.

There were several other large ones I remember but that was the one that really sticks in my mind.

Mary 

Click for Arlington, TexasForecast

JaneS

I'm on my way to bed.  I meant to go earlier but I got held up with some chores that needed finishing up so here I am at my usual time.  I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one.

P.S.  Frankie didn't make it today...maybe tomorrow!

Lloyd Hammond

well I was reading today and someone was talking about earthquakes,brought back memryes of years gone by. when I was delivering piggyback trucks to Stockton CA. and lsangles I got there and when they opened up and let me in the gate they asked me how i got there. smarty me said drove here. they said no you do not understand what time did you come through the valley I said around Midnight.they said don't know how about that time was when we had a bad earthquake. the road is impassible. must have right when I cumming through there I thought this road has gotten afoul rough. and that happened to me two deferant times about a year apart when I was going to Stockton CA. and a took a four way to Las angle's CA. they asked me if I wanted to get a moatell I said no on airplane.for home they call the airport an they asked them to hold the plane a few min. the man took me through rush hour traffic at 60 and higher zigzagging through it. grabbed my soutchase and ran to plane and got on it. In those days we did not have all the foul we have now and no baggies check. we were still climbing up to the glide path, and the pilot came on the PA and said lady's and gentleman down there we just left they just had a bad earthquake.bridges and buildings down every where. when we landed in KC. AI. the man from the shop picked me up at airport he said I have bad news for you.and he told me about the earthquake, I said I know about it the pilot told us over the intercom. He said ok but the fellow that took you to the airport is under one of the bridges that fell along with lots others. took them several weeks to get the bridge broke up enough to get them out from under it. and when I was Married to Mary we visited her daughter at Sandfrisco CA.we left there and drove straight through home. we got in the house and turned on the TV. ant it was talking about the earthquake there. she got on the phone and after a couple busy signals got her daughter on the phone. she said there house it shook things off shelves but was still standing after it stopped shaking. but there were buildings down on all four sides f them. that just tells me that until god wants us with him there we cant rush it. Good night and sweet dreams,Past my bed time and I have gave my self my shot and took blood sugar test.so good night and sweat dreams.

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning everyone..

We had a bit of snow overnight.....easy to deal with....again.
Off to the foot clinic for Kyle then home to clean up and get done what wasn't done yesterday.

Jane, the two back to back waltzes were more than enough for me so I did a lot of napping yesterday :)

Lloyd , gosh that was cutting it close....sorry about your driver though.

Better get a move on it...

Enjoy your day everyone

Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I slept a little better last night than I have been doing.  I broke down and took a Melatonin before I went to bed and it must have helped.  I really don't want to become dependent on a pill to sleep but I need my sleep.  And I do feel somewhat better today.

Mickie is getting restless and ready for her breakfast.  We have about 15 minutes until the boinger so she's settled down to wait but she's grumbling about it.

After she eats, we'll take our walk then I have some kitchen stuff to do and some putting away stuff to do and myself to get ready for a dr. appt.  After that, who knows?

And don't forget to share it with all of us!  It can't possibly be any more boring than mine!

Gloria

Good morning everyone, slept till 9:30 and no help today, A message on the phone is what woke me. I have lost what I wrote already on notepad. I am not a touch typist and when I looked up the page was blank, even the undo did nothing. I think I need a new keyboard. I have a couple of old ones that will not work on this lemon so have been using an old Dell one my  son had. Looks like I need to ask my son or grandson to get me a new one. This one keeps skipping spaces so I have to keep backspacing to connect the words. No fun anymore. Having trouble with my email again. My daughter asked me yesterday how I liked the pictures she sent, never got them. I have sent  email out and found it in the ourbox. Nothing coming in or going out. Time to call Cox. A dark cloudy day here again, just tired of these gloomy days

JANE  at times the son who visits on Saturday will come on a Friday after work when my daughter and I are on Skype so I sit back and let them talk. Love the way they can still tease each other. Hope you got the nap you needed yesterday.

AMY  my Dad loved reading Zane Gray and that is how I got into them. My son let me borrow a few Louie L'Amour books and now I want to read all of them. On the Kindall I have 2 volumns of the Sacketts #1 had 5 books and #2 has either 10 or 12 but I am on about the 5th one in #2. Seems like every time I really am into it  or the best part I have to charge the darn thing again. Hpe you took a few pictures of that beautiful snow to share with us.

LLOYD  my daughter lives about an hour out of Kingman.

SHIRLEY  from what I have read about those "exotic" beautiful chickens they are expensive to buy. Think a fox got in there? Or maybe someone jealous or starving?

CAROL  you sound like me, I always have a book with me when I go out or downstairs if no one is around I read, in here I have the kindall to read, 2 books at one time? I never forget what the storie‪s are about from one to the other.

LLOYD  God was wa tching over you at the times of those earthquakes. I felt one a tmy daughter's home in San Diego. It woke me up shaking the bed and I must  have said some thing because my daughter called from her bedroom and said it was a small earthquake. I will stay here where I am. At least we know when a hurricane is coming.

JANE  I went through a period of not beeing able to sleep and go a bottle of Melatonin but they never helped me. Now I bet my days are much more boring than yours. I just comment a lot to the others here in the SS.

Have a good day.

Lloyd Hammond

well here i am at mid day again. slept in late again and went to doctor at VA got put off until my regular appointment on the 12 th. to see the heart doctor, the doctor at KU said i am too old and not active enough says I am not a good candidate for open heart surgery. so they said see my regular doctor at VA and hash it out with him. see you all later

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

wow every thing that can goe;s wrong that can. I can get s&f here but can not on my other one that is hooked to tv and can not get my movie's on it. :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  even the tear face won;t show here? well i may go take a nap.

Lloyd
well they did when i posted.