Random Image

AZ MAR 08 (194).JPG

Owner: donklan
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:13:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for February 1, 2020

Started by so_P_bubble, February 01, 2020, 01:01:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shirley

I woke up about 2:30 am, thinking about the meds & problems with all that. Not a simple cataract surgery when the big fear is what all goes into the body, one way or another. When I wake up I am always hungry so a poached egg hit the spot. I even broke down & had half a mug of coffee. Only had the one cup for breakfast so had a really hard time going to sleep without last night. I do think drinking it all day does keep the BP high.

Lloyd, good luck with the procedure ahead of you. How many stents do you have?

Amy & Jane, I also had trouble getting in off & on yesterday & last night. I had been searching some old "wordpads" that have tidbits of special sayings or information saved and ran across the saying June used to post at night, but I couldn't get back in Seniors to post it. Maybe now I will even though it is nearly morning! Back to bed for me. Callie is snorning so loud I can't help but giggle. Tom wanted out but since we already have rain & sleet showing on radar, I think he will be back at my bedroom door by the time I get there. Funny how he feels safe out in the dark but terrified in daylight, unless I am out with him. Tiger is still sleeping in my bed, she didn't get up with me.

Haha, Gloria, you beat me posting!! I sat here too long thinking. Who says we have to sleep at night like "normal" people??? My 3 kids all had totally different type & color hair. The boys changed color eyes as well as hair as they got older. Girl was born with black hair & eyes, looked just like her father, even to the frown lines across her forehead. But... she got my early white, all 3 started getting gray in high school.

"Have a peaceful night dear hearts...give your worries to God and sleep in peace...He will be awake all night anyway. " (from June)

Amy

85f01f71-bab8-4e13-bb46-1510c75acfaf.jpg Wild Coffee.jpg
Good morning everyone...

No new snow to play with this morning. I did have a dance yesterday afternoon clearing out the dog paths and trying to cut back the banks out front. Neighbour came over and helped cut the tops off the snow banks in the evening.
Today is catch up as are on the road again tomorrow morning, another Dr appointment for Kyle.

Shirlely, I would make dang sure that the Drs are aware of your problems with meds before they touch you!

Gloria,this is a down east tea and maybe a few stores carry it in the city but not in the big box. So we stock up every time we go north .

Jenny, I agree with the rest of the ladies Jonah is a heart stealer!

Lloyd, prayers for you, these stints will help you . Now, Nancy if you need help making Lloyd behave when he comes home I am sure Shirley, Jane and I would lend you a hand. Even if we have to hog tie em' :)[

Better get a move on slept in again.

Enjoy your day everyone../color]
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I had trouble getting in all day yesterday.  I made one last try right before I went to bed and was still shut out.  I was so relieved to see it come right up this morning!

The rain has stopped but it's freezing cold out there.  Mickie had her pill first this morning and then we took our long walk.  She loved it and snuffed all her favorite spots and did everything she needed to do.  Now we're waiting for the boinger for breakfast.

I'm doing all the natural stuff to bring down my blood pressure, too.  Eating red beets and olives, taking olive leaf extract, cutting back on the coffee....whatever seems to help.  I have a return visit with the nurse tomorrow morning.  With all the bad effects I've heard for BP meds, I'm really hoping I don't have to take any. 

SHIRLEY, I remember JUNE leaving us with that thought so many times.  I couldn't have repeated it but you wouldn't have had to tell me that you were quoting June!  I really miss her!

Since we took our first walk after the boinger was set, it's almost time for it to go off.  I must say, I'm a little hungry.  So.....

I wish you all a lovely, healthy day!
Make it your own in every way!

PS.  NANCY, I second AMY'S advice and I sure will help with the "hog tying"!

JENNY, I keep forgetting to say, Jonah is a little doll baby.  Sure wish I could "play" with him!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Shirley

Jane, I forgot about the beets & have some pickled ones (do they count?) in the frig! I didn't know about olives, slapped my hand yesterday at the store when I reached for a jar, because I thought the salt was bad for BP.... Oh, I do love 'em so will indulge! A bright light this morning, thanks!

Amy, I can't quit giggling at the cat.. kind of what a day without did for me. We are getting the prettiest snow we've had for years. Clinging to the branches & everything, radio is talking about accidents happening all around the city. Tonight the cold front hits so anything that melts today will really be hard ice tomorrow. I do want to get out the door to take a couple photos, will beg Bubble to resize so I can post. I am thrilled, will have to shovel since my snow blower is still in the storage unit & not gassed up. Don't want to drive over it since it lasts forever as ice & worry about the mail person falling. Last year I went out on the river bank & scooped up sand to throw on the driveway but never needed it so threw back. I thought it was a jinx so didn't bring any up this year.  :(  I have a bag of ice melt but so bad for the concrete & the grass along the edge.

Dryer stopped, better get moving. I will need a nap today, Fitbit won't even talk to me so little sleep!

CallieOK

Good morning from a cold and wet central Oklahoma,

I did get in yesterday morning long enough to type a long post.  But when I clicked "Post", it went to a "504 timed out" page....and that was the last time I could get anything to come up.

Of course, I lost the post and have forgotten everything I wrote.

Jenny, Jonah is absolutely precious!  No wonder you want to spend so  much time with him.

Shirley, All of the complex residents enjoy the birds that come to our feeders as well as the ducks, herons and geese that frequent the pond but we are having a real problems with feral cats and other "four legged" critters (including coyotes...in the middle of town!).
Time and time again, the HOA has cautioned against putting pet food of any kind outside because of the wild animals that wander in from the creek that runs down the west side of the property. 
A feral cat gave birth to three kittens in my neighbor's flower bed  last spring.  As neighbor began planting/watering, Mama Cat moved the kittens to a back yard down the street.  That resident now leaves her garage door cracked open so they can come and go. Unfortunately, they are using flower beds for bathrooms and disturbing the birds at various bird feeders.
She has been warned several times about taking food to the pond but, apparently, no one has said anything to her about the cats.  We are all getting tired of it.

Didn't know about olives helping b/p but have eaten cold canned beets in place of tomatoes ever since I had some intestinal issues and was told to "figure out what bothers you and don't eat it".  Unfortunately, in addition to seeds, nuts, rice, etc. - I discovered that raw vegetables were a big problem.  So, instead of the usual lettuce, etc. salad for a side dish, I eat the cold beets, a canned green bean salad or baby carrots steamed just a bit past the "crisp tender" stage and dipped in Catalina dressing.  Works for me!!

Today is Miss Ellen's 27th birthday.  Had a nice long phone chat with her on Saturday and she said some friends were going to dinner and then to a favorite bar and see who else would show up.  Had I mentioned that she had to report for Grand Jury duty two days after she got back to NYC from Wisconsin?  She had a choice of 5 full days or 10 half-days and chose the 10 because she could then work a shift at Flywheel (exercise place that uses bicycles).  That's over and will be added to her Adventures.  She can't talk about the cases, of course, but has told about having to dodge The Media because she was in the same courthouse as the Weinstein trial.  She said there was someone playing a flute for The Media one day but didn't know why.

The "wet" is supposed to move out (no snow here) but the "cold" is not.  I was supposed to go to a funeral and a meeting today but decided my "squeaks and creaks" didn't need to get out.

Off to find something useful to do...or not.

Wishing Everyfriend Everywhere an Enjoyable Day.

Denver

Wednesday morning HELLO to EVERYFRIEND!  I came in yesterday morning with news on Michele.....went to post it and the 404 message came on.  Of course I did not copy it like I usually ALWAYS do....so poor it was gone, gone, gone😩😩

I am not going to rewrite it all right now as we are awaiting the official word on how bad the brain scan REALLY is after it is compared to the last one, but the moral of the story is, it is not good news. I know many have her in their daily prayers and on prayer lists......I am just again saying THANK YOU for all of your support and yes, PLEASE keep the prayers coming as they are needed now more than ever🙏🙏🙏

I also want to say thank you for all of the sweet comments about Jonah.  He is one cute little guy and it is wonderful that we get to FaceTime and see little video clips of him nearly daily.  It does help to have this as the positive in our lives to weigh out the sadness that we also have.  The comment was made about The Gerber Baby, and funny enough today there were several things on the internet that said they are searching for a new Gerber Baby.  Of course this grandma thinks he would make a perfect one, except I think he is too old already!  He has great facial expressions and he REALLY like to eat EVERYTHING...... only bad thing is he has hardly ever eaten baby food as his mama makes his food and he eats pretty much the same food they do.  He loves broccoli but has just now started not wanting to eat meat.....  I just wish he were not in CA so we could see and HOLD him more often, but right now he is "boy on the move" so he is no longer into cuddling❣️❣️

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Miss Ellen, CALLIE.  We are having MORE snow and cold again today....geeze Louise!  This every other day stuff is getting to me.  We need to get out today and again early tomorrow morning and I sure do not like having to get out and drive in it😩😡
Yesterday I saw a video of some one that put a "slinky" on the pole to the bird feeder and boy did the squirrel that was trying to climb the pole get a big surprise.  It made me think of you as I know you have issues with that as well. 

AMY, your kitty graphic reminds me of myself after a restless night!  Sometimes I wake up with a Donald Trump hair look and it really is not very becoming! Hahah

JANE, I am a little taken back on olives being OK to eat regarding blood pressure.  I always thought they had too much sodium also.  Maybe only the green ones are high in sodium? Hey, what ever helps you to get that BP down is great!  I hope there is improvement when you go to your doctors appointment. 

SHIRLEY, I know you are also doing your best to get your BP down....I feel for you having to cut out coffee.  I only drink two BIG mugs in the morning, but I sure would miss them!  I love the quote you shared from OUR JUNE..... boy do I miss that lady!  Last night I honestly had to do just that after hearing more about Michele.  As one friend told me, she can not help but feel angry with God for letting this happen to Michele, and yet none of us ever want to feel this way😩

Michele did go to chemo this morning and Dave just called and said she is home, and not feeling well at all😩😩😡

I did not see your post LLOYD about stents, so I will go back and try to find it.

I really must go.  I wish you all a good rest of your day. 

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

JaneS

JENNY, prayers will continue for Michele and I'll keep her on the prayer list at church!  My heart goes out to all of you!

I'm going to try to get to bed early tonight so this is my "good night" post.  But I have to tell you a DUMB thing I did today.  I turned the water on in the sink to wash some dishes and then stopped in my office (which I'm trying to clean out) and got busy and forgot the water.  When I went out to take a box of books to the car for the library sale, I discovered wet carpet in the hall and traced it back to the kitchen sink!  I had a veritable flood in my kitchen including under the refrigerator which, of course, I can't move.  I cleaned up what I could, called my son and he sent two guys that work for him over to move the fridge, wait while I mopped and the put it back.  The good thing is that now it's clean under the fridge but it's going to take forever for the carpet to dry and it's right in a 4 ways crossroad!  I guess I won't be doing that again.  I'll wait for the water or turn it off until I come back!  Feeling a bit stupid today.  And it sure didn't help my BP!

Now I'm going to bed.  I wish you all a peaceful nights sleep and a happy and healthy tomorrow!  Wish me luck at the dr. tomorrow!

Denver

Oh NO, JANE! I know that was a bad mistake you made by walking away from that water running!  Other than getting the carpet dried, the worse is hopefully behind you. The best to you at the doctors appointment tomorrow! I hope you and EVERYFRIEND haVE a good night of rest.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Lloyd Hammond

well It is time I bid you all sweet dreams and good night. hope to see you all tomorrow even if you are all threatening to gang up on me. I still love you all but thinking not as much now as i did.

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. I  will try to re post so hope things are more clear.
I have two stents in the main artery's on the left side above the heart,they are all plugged shut and no longer of any help. they say the heart dose some repair,so has growen a new one from the bottom of the heart to the top. they plan on going through the grown this time and place stents so the blood flow as it should,I think. and Nancy dose not need you girls help she is bossy enough now all by her self. we got about 5" of the snow AMY sent to us, is wet heavy,and the ground is warm enough that a lot of it has melted the only way we could get a accurate masher was on the deck up in the air.

Lloyd

Amy

d685d99e-a0ea-45b7-b412-5ac8eb5257b5.jpgHappy Thursday..jpg

Good morning everyone.
Well, we are off to the city again. I do hope this is the last  trip for a while. Lightly snowing here but it will wait till we get back home.

Jenny, Michele is one strong lady and goodness knows she has been through a lot. Prayers continue that good news will be heard one of these times and soon!!

JANE!! My goodness  what amess to deal with BUT on the bright side your floors are clean......get a fan and put it blowing on the carpet or a dehumidifier to take up the moisture. Kyle just about joined you though, the other day he was filling the dogs water pail and I caught it just as it was coming to the point of over flowering.

Lloyd, you know we all love you and only want the best for you...

I had better git..

Enjoy your day everyone..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Shirley

Oh, NO!, Jane. I'm so sorry for all the extra work. That is how I ruined my favorite egg skillet, walked off & forgot to turn the gas off under the skillet. Every time I use it I remember why it is not as "non-stick" as it was before. Can't remember now what I was warming in it but couldn't just throw it away without trying to clean it up.

Lloyd, our chill index is -3 degrees this morning, didn't take the cats long to want back in. They have had their breakfast but I haven't, so better move along. I have 3 bypasses that were still clean (after nearly 7 years) when the doctor put the 2 stents in last spring. I was happy he said the bypasses were clean since I can't take the real blood thinners, only 325 aspirin & didn't take that but once a week until lately & been taking every few days now. Cas had a blocked bypass & the cardiologist was so pleased when a heart cath showed he had grown his own bypass when one clogged up. He got a bypass about every year... had 7. But he had a weak heart muscle and nothing they could do about that. He also had a pacemaker/defibrillator. They tell me I have a strong heart, just the valves keep going bad. Right now there is a new one being tried but not on the market, so far doing much better than what is offered, so I'm hoping to wait until it passes the FDA or whatever has to approve.

Wake up, Amy, new snow awaits! Ours melted yesterday, wet driveway & streets that will be so slick this morning. Think the high only in the teens today.

Guess Gloria is sleeping in this morning. I plan to go back to bed after I eat & have my cup of coffee. Sure miss having that cup before going to bed, took a long time to go to sleep but will keep down to the one cup for breakfast until I can get this BP under control & eyes fixed.

Thank you, Bubble for resizing, posting & bringing the link in here. You do such a nice job & I can't get it right without Paint Shop Pro. I hate to see what the cover on the pool looks like when it gets daylight, that water will be ice & don't know what it will do to the cover. We have had a mild winter so far & hope that cover doesn't crack when it freezes, I expect past it's warranty, 2 years old now, but I didn't drain water down after it filled over from last rain. Worry-worry....

Jenny, can't help but smile when scrolling past that little boy. Your family is having the "high and low" of life all at once. As my mother used to say, "Honey, remember, we get thorns with the roses".... but those thorns can cause a lot of tears. I will pray for strength for all of you, to hold up during this time, the roller coaster of ups & downs.

Ah, ha... and here is Amy sneeking in.  Beautiful cardinal!  :wave:

JaneS

This is just going to be a quickie this morning because I'm up to my ears in stuff to do before I go to the Drs. for my BP Checkup.  A week isn't much time to bring things down especially if I'm going to be doing a bunch of dumb stuff like causing floods.

I did have a good night's sleep last night.  7 straight hours with only a couple minor wakenings. 

Gloria

Good morning everyone, we have a light dusting of snow on the grassy areas this morning. 33 now so surprised to see it. Looks like it is a light rain coming down now in the light from the light posts they have in the parking lot. I would leave the shades up all the time but it is like daylight out there at night and I cannot sleep

SHIRLEY  both of my sons have dark brown eyes like me and my Dad,and my ex. My daughter has a blue with a touch of  gray. My Mom and some of my siblings had beautiful blue eyes that I always loved. When my daughter wears different shades of blue her eyes look more blue. When I wake too early I try to be very quiet, there is a nice lady living on the floor under me and I don't want to wake her. Of course with this cheap wood floor and the rollator I cannot help but making some noise. I remember JUNE posting that, seems like so many years since she went home to our Father.

AMY  that must have been some strong coffee that kitty had. Hey, I would be scolding Lloyd if he doesn't behave and tries to do too much work. Like JOAN would say, we are retired and no longer work. Remember her saying "READ MY BOOK"

JANE  I must have got in yesterday before the site went out for awhile. Seems like I never get in after I post in the morning any more.

SHIRLEY  the CNA I have been having 2 days a week and yesterday she was talking about how many steps she wants to get in every day  and she wears a fit bit all the time.

CALLIE  when I first moved here there were a lot of feral cats around. A lady here volunteers at the pound and she got them to get all of them  and neuter/spade them so no more kittens being bon, only a few of them around now.

JENNY  so sad that Michele has more bad news. I am still praying for her.

JANE  a blind lady that lived here thought she shut the faucet off after getting ready for bed. Well the sink over flowed and flooded 2 apartments under her. One had to have new cupboards put in and new flooring in the other one. The witch sent her a bill for $5000. As if anyone living here has that kind of money hanging around. Her daughter and SIL gave the witch a check for that amount. She was 100 years young when that happened.

LLOYD  dopn't you dare shovel any of that snow. Let Mother Nature melt it.

AMY  love your Thursday Cardinal. He sure stands out against the snow.

SHIRLEY Love the pictures Bubble posted for you, and NO I have been sitting here since 5:am but it takes a lonh time to tali to every one. Had my 2 mugs of coffee and now my oatmeal is ready so better eat while it is hot.

Hace a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Carol

Jenny:  I am so sorry for all the sadness heaped on your family now.  Stay strong.

Gloria:  Some people have their own idea of what they think is honest work. 

Humming birds are already here.  They want me to make some nectar - we do not color the drink but use a red feeder.  It lasts until bees take over and I have to take the feeder down because bees clog the little feeder holes. 

Joy

I just want you all to know I fell and broke my hip and,an in a rehab place.  Been busy but will check when I have more time.    Joy
BIG BOX

Amy

Oh no Joy!!! Please take it easy and get better soon. I wondered where you were and thought maybe your feet were bothering you. Healing prayers and hugs for you. Thank you for letting us know.......
Jimmy Dean

Sandy

Joy,
I am sorry that you fell and
broke your hip.. 

Best wishes to you and I
hope that your healing fast
and successful!

Sandy
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

JaneS

Oh JOY, I'm so sorry to hear that you fell.  Just this morning I was thinking of you and missing you and the thought went through my mind "If she doesn't post today, I'm going to try calling her."  Prayers will be coming your way!

And I'm off to bed.  I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy and healthy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Shirley

Oh, my goodness, Joy! So sorry. Best wishes for a speedy recovery, good food & kind help! Hope you meet & get to visit with other nice patients. Prayers and hugs... Shirley

Callie, been thinking over your problem with the lady & feral cats. What made us do what we did, have Animal Control trap the ones we couldn't keep and then have the 3 babies that CallieCat gave Cas "fixed".... (had to sign on the dotted line that they would be allowed to run free...}  Animal Control explained to me that "if we fed the cats they would be considered OURS and if they scratched anyone & didn't have rabies shots, it would be OUR problem." The Humane Society fixed & gave first shots to the 3 babies for a little less than it cost when we had LaurenKat spayed & first shots. So maybe someone needs to check with your Animal Control or Humane Society to see if they have the same rules about feeding & ownership. It is their theory that once fixed & released, they will try to keep others from moving in. I am a bird lover so not thrilled with cats hunting them, and these cats get so much food I really don't think they bother to hunt, maybe spring when the baby rabbits are around, yuck...

Thank you all for the comments about the sunrise & snow out my back door. I used to be outside at sunrise & sunset & get much prettier photos but getting lazy in my old days.

Past my bedtime, cats are all settled in for the night. Sweet dreams to all & God Bless. Shirley

Gloria

Good morning everyone, Woke early again and enjoying my first mug of coffee.  Turned up the heat, too. After all the rain we have been having it feels like the dampness has penetrated the walls and got to my old bones.

CAROL  some of the CNA's feel like their job is to sit and talk to their clients because they think we elderly are lonesome and just need someone to talk to. Lonesome I am not. If I want to talk I can go down to the lobby, always someone there to talk with.

JOY  so sorry to read you broke your hip. We had a lady here in her 90's that happened to.  Only thing that changed when she got home the doctor insisted she use a cane. Hope your rehab goes fast for you.

SHIRLEY  I am glad the pound here is town got all the feral cats here fixed so no more babies. Even the freal cats are almost all goee a few roaming around.

Time to get another mug of coffee and then breakfast.

Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend! I'm up and Mickie and I had a short walk to the nearest corner and back.  It's light enough to see where I'm walking at 6:30 now.  I think Spring is on the way!  With that thought in mind, I can take whatever February throws at us!  I really don't like the short days and long nights

GLORIA, you beat me here today!  Now we're getting in the groove! 

Mickie and I are waiting for the boinger for our breakfast and for a call from Frankie to see if we're going to the DMV to get her PA license.  I think we had a little of the frozen stuff overnight but there's none on my car or on the road so we're good to go.  She has to be to work at noon so we have to go as early as we can because there's ALWAYS a wait!

That's the only thing I have planned for today but I'm sure something else will crop up!  I guess I'll find out sooner or later!

Amy

e014f0bb-8b64-47c6-87d9-46a61ae852b9.jpg love is in the air dog..jpg

Good morning and Happy Valentines day everyone.

Tis a day here for double geemogotchies here -31 ° F goodness!
To town for Kyles meds, I want to pick up turkeys for 99 cents a pound to cook up for the dogs and home to stay warm!

Slept in again and I do hope to accomplish something today  but a trip to the city tired me out the next day...

Enjoy your day everyone..
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

P.S. to my post....Good Morning, AMY!  Keep moving or you might just freeze in place!

Amy

Morning Jane. I don't intend to stay out any longer than needed. Pity any animal left out in this!!Enjoy your day to the fullest!
Jimmy Dean

Lloyd Hammond

Good morning everyone, Joy so sorry to here of your fall and broken hip.
I tripped and fell a couple days ago, luckier than you, no broken bones for me just sore ribs. we are clear and 2º this morning sun is starting to get nerve enough to let her face shine, well good news here I stepped on the scales and have lost form 276 Lbs down to 258 lbs starting to feel better as well. hope you all are doing good. joy prayers are with you and fast healing. see you all later.

Lloyd

Shirley

Good morning all you early birds. I've been up but feeding cats & let Tom & Callie go out for a taste of zero temps... feels like. Tom sat on the step but Callie circled the pool & both darted through the door when I opened it again. I pity any animal & even the birds being out in this really damp cold.

Gloria, much as we used to love winter, the bones have changed their tune this year!

I forgot I'm on the iPad & much harder to change size, color & text..so will shut up & hope for the best, BBL. 

Darling pup, Amy, thanks for the morning smile.

Like you, Lloyd, I've had some doozy falls the last few years & lucky no broken bones, hit the head hard & sore seat for a while. Do hope Joy recovers as fast as my father did when he had the bone replaced when in his 90s.

phyllis

Darn it, Joy!  And just when you seemed to be feeling better.  I'm so sorry and hope you can heal quickly.

Finally, some sun today.  That will brighten the mood.  But, it is cooler again...not quite geemogotchies weather, Gloria, but cold enough to keep a wool shawl around my shoulders while I sit at the computer.  Amy, your temps. give me the shivers just reading about them.

Still haven't made it out to get the car inspected.  I haven't had vertigo for several weeks now but haven't been feeling quite up to snuff lately and it has been rainy.  I still have time before the deadline.

Jane, will your daughter be getting the "real" driver's license?  I can't make up my mind about it but probably won't bother since I don't foresee ever flying again and don't know of any reason that I will need to enter a Federal facility.

Take care, All.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Amy

:congrats:  :congrats: LLOYD!!! Not easy to do that but you did!!!

Snow is cleaned up for now, one thing about being in the country is no one..well you hope no one sees or hears you. I was blowing the snow by the bird feed and saw that I was also sewing the seed on the high banks!! I had to laugh out loud at the site I was seeing....now if the bully Blue Jays hog the feed on the ground the little birds can still eat off of the snow banks.

Better get busy, have a dryer full of clothes to fold...or iron..
Jimmy Dean