Random Image

My current picture

Owner: Syrinx
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 06:13:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for February 1, 2020

Started by so_P_bubble, February 01, 2020, 01:01:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomereader1

Thank you Phyliss for the link to the recipe.  It sounds and looks delicious. Can't wait to try it.  Will have to pick up a couple of the ingredients though.  I have frozen corn (cut off the cob and frozen), bacon and evaporated milk.  I don't have an onion on hand, as I usually cut half of one up for a recipe, then the other half goes bad in the onion keeper, so I buy as needed.
Thanks again.

Amy

Tomereader1, cut the other half up and freeze it if you are just going to use it for cooking. I double bag mine..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Amy

Despite being chilly..temp is - 4 ° F at the moment it turned out to be a beautiful day. I did put laundry on the line and it blew out nice. Finished the rest of the laundry and made a pot of pea soup with ham. We did go into town to buy more shear pins,just hope I don't have to use them!
Phyllis, my goodness, yes that would make one jump!! Glad no damage was done to your home.

Just think 41 more days till Spring!!
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Carol

Jenny:  Sending you a hug and prayers regarding Michelle and all the family. 

Amy:  Javelinas are protected. People are not.  Are you quilting anything now? 

Feeling good about reorganizing under the kitchen sink.  I tend to put everything in there it was nice to have that plus a freshly cleaned oven.  There is a rubber kneeling pad to cushion my knees - owie, does that ever hurt when kneeling on the floor. 

We went out for a special buy one get one free dish of French toast and strawberries for breakfast.  They ran out of the toast so we substituted sweet rolls.  After two months of not drinking coffee, it still is not easier.  Missing my caffeine. But - no more pain in the side. 

Phyllis:  now to check out your recipe. Thank you.

Lloyd Hammond

Good evening everyone, we had a very good day in the fifty's but i could not get motivated to get out and do anything. I forgot what day I  am supposed to start exercises classes, but I sure need to do that and get back in better shape. I am going to bid you all good Night and sweet dreams. I going to go give my self my insulin shot and go to bed now.

Lloyd

JaneS

AMY, you beat me to it!  I was going to tell Tomereader the same thing about the onion.  I just cut up a whole onion and I have some little containers that hold a half cup.  I put the rest in those and pop them in the freezer. They're quick and handy!

I'm heading for bed!  I just dropped by to wish Everyfriend a peaceful night's sleep, good health and a happy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one...

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Denver

It is midnight and I am just getting in to read about your day, EVERYFRIEND!

We had sunshine today and the temperature nearly got to 50 degrees!The snow was really melting!  We are very blessed to get this very wet snow and a LOT of it. 

Thank you ALL again for your supportive words.  PHYLLIS, a heavy heart describes perfect what we all are feeling.  I spoke to Dave this morning for just a few minutes and I do believe this is the saddest I have ever known him be, and rightfully so 😩 We all know how difficult it is when our children are hurting😢

I spoke to all of the sons today and relayed the sad information and they are all so VERY heavy hearted, spouses too! 

Tonight was the Daddy 💕 Daughter Dance at Kate's elementary school.  Our little girlie is getting so tall and so grown up looking.....life goes one, one way or another❣️

I have a question about the frozen onion?  Can you chop it when it is frozen?  Will it be mushy after being frozen.  I have thrown away many onions not knowing what to do with a piece that is left. 

CAROL, the Javelinas are frightening and dangerous.   I would be afraid to go out after dark!  I have seen a few during our AZ days, but never had more than a couple of them running at a time.  Glad that cutting out caffeine is giving you relief from the pain...thank you for the hugs and prayers 🙏  You and Don missed a HUGE snowstorm! We are to have snow pretty much off and on for the next week, but hopefully not as much as we got in this one😘

I really must say goodnight.......sweet dreams to all❣️

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Gloria

Good morning everyone, woke early again. .
AMY the cute graphic you posted here yesterday sure fits this morning. A whole 18 now at  4am but at least it is not raining. Still dark out so do not know what we will have today.We had beautiful sunshine yesterday but it was still very windy.  Lot of damage in the southern part of this state, omce again my family and me live in the northern part. We didn't even have a blink in electricity. This is a small-smallest of the states but at the other end there is a lot  of shoreline, the Atlantic and bays but no mountains.

JANE  you would not want to crawl on the floors here behind the TV or computer, you would be covered in dust  bunnies. The CNA's mostly are good but they do not even move a chair to sweep under it.

PHYLLIS  the rain and wind you had Thursday we had Friday. There were gusts that  were 74 mph, 1 mile under hurricane force.

TOMEREADER1  I don;t use much onion but will chop it up and freeze it and use just what I need. I know at the market here you can buy it frozen like that.

CAROL  there are  javelinas in Arizona where my daughter lives outside of Kingman. They saw one on the road one day when they were going home.

LLOYD  I should exercise but about all I do is walk when I go outside and walk aroung the parking lot.

JENNY  I have been longing for at least one good snowstorm but so far since the beginning of the year we only had 3 inches of snow.

Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

JaneS

I'm up and we've had a short walk outside and are waiting for the boinger.

JENNY, I go ahead and chop the rest of the onion before I freeze it and it fine for recipes.  I'm not sure I'd use it in a salad that way.  It's not as crispy as fresh but it sure is handy when a recipe calls for a half cup of chopped onion.

Must leave you with the thought for the day....

I wish you all a lovely, healthy day!
Make it your own in every way!

Shirley

I am up early, fed cats & myself, will be time to dress for church soon. I was shocked to see it is 50 degrees out right now 5:40 am, will have to double check, think that is the high for the day. :o I'm on the iPad so a little more trouble resizing the text, so better hurry. Wishing all a
Super Sunday (thanks to Callie), full of smiles. Shirley

Amy

b6565250-805e-482e-9e72-1114574fd216.jpg Happy Suday.jpg

Good morning everyone..
Warmer this morning with a temp of minus 12°. A day of rest here, all that  may happen is to throw a banana loaf together and sew. While at coffee yesterday the owner gave me some ripe  bananas that need to be used.

Carol, I am working on a skateboard quilt for a girl and will do two as I did two for the boys last year. Then it is on to making just cancer quilts.

Gloria, we lost power yesterday just for a few min, enough one had to reset the clocks.

Lloyd, one of the best exercise is to walk....start out small and work up. Just make sure walking conditions are safe. We have a lot of ice about here making walking difficult at times.

Better move it..

Enjoy your day everyone..

Jimmy Dean

phyllis

Thanks, Amy, for the Ham Chowder recipe.  I'll adapt it to the Instant Pot.  I love the Taste of Home site.  Almost all of the cooks that contribute are from the part of the country where I grew up so the food is generally the type of cooking I grew up with.  Good, home-cooked, comfort food.  May not always be the most healthy but is always satisfying.

Gloria, I will buy containers of Mirepoix (chopped onion, celery, carrots) at the grocery store and keep it in the freezer.  It is convenient to use in soups and casseroles.  A little expensive but if you factor in the waste of buying whole and throwing way unused parts, also your time and effort to chop, it is worth it....at least, to me.

The sun is bright this morning.  I'll enjoy it while I can.  The weather people are calling for another rainy week.

Enjoy your "day of rest", Amy, and All,.....if such a thing actually exists.  ;)  David brought home a bucket of fried chicken so at least I don't have to do much cooking today so I guess this is my day of rest.  (To be honest, I think every day is my day of rest.)

Take care, All.
phyllis
Cary,NC

JeanneP

I am stuck in here now. Just can't get where can go to another forum.

JeanneP

Cottoncandy

Jeanne...I'm still having trouble also...When I try to reply..and go to font size...there's a blank page...Have to scroll way down...and still want let me do color....don't know what I'm doing wrong or if it's this IPad

Amy

Jeanne,scroll to the top of the page and click on Forum . The you can choose where you want to go.
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Hello Eveyfriend!  I just stopped by and discovered that I hadn't even checked in this morning.  I must be getting forgetful in my old age!

My plan was to say that I had accomplished nothing escept.... today.  Then I began to think about what the exceptions were and I guess I did do a few things.  Mickie and I had 4 and a half walks, I went to church and stayed to visit at coffee hour, then I went over to Cathy's for a late breakfast with Cathy and Craig (Craig was the cook) and Kyle and his very sweet girlfriend who were visiting from Philadelphia.  After I came home, I put the dishes away out of the dishwasher and made dog food for the next few days.

Oh yes, somewhere along the way, I took a shower, got dressed and made my bed.  Also emptied the kitchen trash can and did a crossword puzzle.  I guess I can't say I did NOTHING today! 

Maybe I'll do nothing tomorrow!

Gloria

Good morning everyone, here I am wide awake at 3:am.  Darn, I like being awake early but not this early. If I could sleep a half hour or so in the afternoon maybe I would not get sleepy so early at night. At least this motning I will be up and dressed when my grocery order is delivered. 39 now wioth snow/rain in the forecast for today. At 39 it will not be snow unless a few big wet flakes fall. Just put my last AAA batteries in my mouse, better get more soon so my mouse is not working. I do have some wired ones but they are not HP and will not work in this lemon.

JANE  I had a good day yesterday-doing nothing much. On week ends no onr sits in the lobby so this place is too quiet.

SHIRLEY  I was surprised to see the temperature here this morning, too warm for February.

AMY  another cute morning greeting yesterday. Did you  THROW a bannana bread yesterday? When I made one it was meauring this and that to make it come out right. When the power here even just blinks the only clock I have to set if the microwave. I always loved walking but now have to use the rollator and not as nice to walk. 

PHYLLIS  These days the less I have to try and cook the better I like it. Heck I worked most of my life so now deserve to take shortcuts.

JANE  did you think you would be bored when you retired? Seems like you are just as busy or even more so now.

Have a good day.

Amy

8335bd37-4a63-4bf2-91fd-b37c99879230.jpg Yep its Mon.jpg
Good morning everyone..

Gloria, you're the early bird this morning. Hope you get a chance to catch up on more zzzs.

We are off to a Dr appointment later this afternoon. Will head to the city to do a few things and stop on the way back. Have some snow to deal with first, may just do a bit then finish it when we get back home..

Enjoy your day everyone..
Jimmy Dean

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. It is cloudy @ 5:44 A M. and is saying 40 for high today. supposed to have rain showers on and off today tonight Tuesday and Wednesday with snow and or ice pellets mixed in. I have the new battery's in the tractor, all i need to is hook up the cables and replace the covers and hold down bars. and hook up the big blade and blade the driveway. then have a big load of gravel hauled and spread on it. hope you all have a great day just like you like.

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

peter If you come in. Skype is still not working for me.it  just keeps giving more carters to post over and over. maybe you can wring my bell and we can hook up.

Lloyd

JaneS

:) Good Morning Everyfriend!  I've been up for about an hour now.  I had the alarm set for 7 which I do every day that I don't have something to do early.  Mickie beat it by 15 minutes...which she does every day!

My breakfast is in front of me and Mickie is in the kitchen eating hers.  As soon as I finish mine she lets me know that it's time for our first walk of the day.  And she lets me know in no uncertain terms!

I have nothing planned for today.  We'll see what works out!  Something is bound to show it's need for doing.  If nothing else, I can always work on the clutter!

I wish you all a happy, healthy day!
Make it your own in every way!

And scoot in here to share it with us...no matter what it is!

phyllis

I've been up for awhile because Terminix came early for the scheduled pest control. 

It is sunny and cool right now but suppose to get warmer later.  They are saying it is to be a wet week....again.  I need to get out to get the car inspected so I can get the registration renewed but I still have some time so am not feeling too pushed yet.  I always get a little nervous at inspection time because I'm convinced that they'll find something expensive that has to be fixed.  I'm afraid that my "glass is always half empty".   :(  :rolleyes:

Nothing planned except laundry so I need to get some breakfast and get the day started.

Take care, All.   
phyllis
Cary,NC

Denver

A good Monday evening to EVERYFRIEND.

This day has passed quickly for me......I had all kinds of plans for the day but only accomplished a few things! 

We started out with sunshine, but it did not last and just after noon  the snow flakes were flying again!  We planned to run a few errands, but decided to put them off until tomorrow.  Edit: Dave just called on his way home at 6:30 PM and the roads are really slick! 

AMY, I hope your home safely after the trip to the doctor. 

Yesterday we attended a comic show, JEANNE ROBERTSON, at Denver University.  Michele bought us tickets, and we really enjoyed it.  We met Jeanne as we were walking in and chatted for a couple of minutes.  One of Bob's first cousins was sorority sister of hers at Auburn University, and she did remember her as they have been in contact over the years.  Many know her as the lady that talks about her husband that she calls "Left Brain".  She is a very funny lady.

Some friends of ours are on a 4 month cruise on the Queen Mary 2.  They are approaching Asia and have been told that they will not disembark in Asia at all.  They will stop in Malaysia for fuel and supplies.  This coronavirus is getting very concerning.

I have had many disruptions so think I had best post this before I loose it.

Have a good evening. 

Jenny
🦋 Jenny

Shirley

Oh, Jenny, I just realized that is little Jonah ... looking so grown up! What a beautiful little boy, he could be the new Gerber Baby (remember when that was the goal?) I actually met one little boy & mother that was the Gerber Baby at one point. His mother even had photos to prove it. The parents had jewelry stands & traveled the US doing State Fairs, etc. A friend & I baby sat (just sat at the entrance of their trailer to listen for him) one day & were given our choice of a piece of the jewelry they sold. Gosh, that was at least 70 years ago! Anyway, do think Jonah is darling, thanks for posting his photo for us to share.

Phyllis, we don't have vehicle inspections anymore. I do remember when the really diligent inspector would note stuff that we had not noticed. Good luck with yours.

Gloria, I don't like the "wireless" mice... still using one on the computer attached to printer, but hate it when I forget to turn off & next time needed the batteries are dead. I do get the ones from the Dollar Tree & find they last as good as the expensive ones. My son uses rechargeable ones but I think they are a pain. I'd rather just plug one into the USB port & not have to worry about batteries!

I am so sleepy, still have Tom & Callie out so will check doors to see if they are ready to come in for the night. I feel bad for Callie, she thinks if Tom is out she has to watch over him, but she acts so cold when they do come in. Tom is afraid to be out in daylight so needs his exercise (I guess). Tiger likes to be the only child & has the run of the house. Such different personalities. Callie would have been a good pet if she had picked a family sooner. She just doesn't know the house rules. She has learned to purr and wants to be petted all the time, but still panics when she thinks I'm going to pick her up or hold her (got to be putting on the flea & tick stuff soon). I am concerned when they stay out all night they will sleep where other wildlife sleeps & pick up fleas. I really don't want fleas in the house! ::)

Amy, I saw (heard first) a big V of Canada geese heading north this week. They were not locals, much too high in the sky. Always gives me a shiver to think of the miles they travel during migration. Amazing...

Denver

Thank you for noticing Jonah's picture, SHIRLEY.  I just received this one today so decided to just size it down and put it on for you to see!  I do remember the Gerber Baby hype and how everyone wanted their baby to be the one.  How cool that you did meet one.  It is interesting how different your kitties are.  After a long period of time I would think Callie would start to trust you well enough to pick her up. You take such good care of them❣️
🦋 Jenny

JaneS

I tried twice to get in here this morning and it wouldn't let me.  I thought we might be down but maybe it was me.  Now I have to go get dressed because Mickie is saying it's time for her walk this morning.  I have a couple of errands to do today but I'm going to wait a while.  There's fog out there thicker than the icing on a cake and I'm not about to drive in that!

I hope you all have a great day and I'll be back a bit later to check on you!

Gloria

Good morning every one, woke very late this morning after 9:am. Now I need my coffee and it is ready. Have to call and see if I am going to get a CNA today. That soman in charge sure does not know what she is doing. Maybe I should talk to my insurance company, they are paying for something I am not getting. I am supposed to have 2 hours every day, yesterday I had 1 hour and 15 minutes but this lady keeps going so did a lot in that time. I am about to start yelling at the one whe makes out the schedule but then she might get worse if possible. Have not even checked the temperature t his mornign but it is is little foggy and still raining. Anoher day of being stuck inside.

I need my coffee so will cut this short and go gt dressed and then have my coffee and then my breakfast, by the time I get it I should call it brunch. I will TRY getting back later, but time has a way of running away. I already feel like going back to bed.

Have a good day.

Amy

Good afternoon everyone.
I did try to get in here this morning but no go.....so off we went to the vets . Babe needed more meds for her ear and we needed tea that I can only buy in a small town....go figure??

Now I need to get some work done here.

Enjoy your day everyone.
Jimmy Dean

Lloyd Hammond

well i got right in this Morning and red every thing but as usual did not reamber what i read comes out the same. and i had a appointment at the heart doctor so had to get going. they gave me a good going over. told me to get blood drawn and put down what they wanted on a paper and give ti to doctor at the hospital an come back on the twentyth of the month and check in to hospital. they are going to put more stents in same day will have to likely have to spend the night there, they have also changed and increased
my meds. asked him (the doctor) if that would clean the plack out,he said probably not but should stop from getting more clogged;

Lloyd

Gloria

Good morning everyone. Here I am with time to check everything at 4:45am. Like this better than waking so late like yesterday.

JENNY  your little Jonah is the cutest little boy I have ever seen.  (outside of my own of course :)  )A real little blonde. My MIL showed me a picture  of my ex when he was little and at the time they called him a little snowball with blonde hair but it got very dark as he got older. Hope Jonah's stays the way  it is now.

AMY  that tea must be special if you can only buy it in one place. I am not a tea drinker, only time I drink  tea it has to be strong and you know I am not feeling good.

LLOYD  good luck with more stents. Just do what the doctors tell you and take life easy for a change.

Goodness I beat everyone in this morning and sure weren't many posts yesterday. I tried to call the one who sends the CNA's out yesterday and kept getting cut off and kept calling. I finally got some one here at 1:30. A nice one I had before but by the time she got here I sure was mad as a wet hen. Not at her but at the "boss?"

Have a good day.