Random Image

my knitting

Owner: so_P_bubble
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:50:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for February 15, 2020

Started by so_P_bubble, February 15, 2020, 01:30:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amy

Yayyyy DON...we miss you when your not here with us. I do hope you feel better and will say hello more often please. Prayers for strength for you.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Amy

Well the day is flying by!! I have fed the birds 3 times now and the crows again too. Snow is still falling and it doesn't sound as if it will stop until tomorrow. Everything is ready for the clean up.

Made an appointment for Babe with the vet..she is still favouring the hind leg so time for an xray. Since Jesse is due his needles in March we will those while there. I am sure both dogs are not going to like me on Monday . :(

Jane, friend of the family took me along with them with their daughter to the east coast and all the way from Ontario to New Brunswick we sang Happy Trail To you and The Bible Tells Me So. I don't remember any other songs we sang just those two.

Mary Ann, thankfully nothing was wrong......with either you or Kendrick!! Made me smile when I read that.

Lloyd, you could have shaken the clouds a bit more to get more snow.....we won't miss it!!

Better get going..

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Mary Ann

Don, I'm happy to hear you are out of the hospital and Rehab.  I spent nearly a month in both the hospital and Rehab following a heart attack.  I am now home but not not nearly as mobile as I was before the attack.  I don't know when I'll feel better but I do better each day.

Keep on top of things.

Mary Ann

Amy

Jimmy Dean

Lloyd Hammond

AMY that is alright am trying to get our driveway dry enough to have it graveled with out ruts in it. sweet dreams and goodnight see you in the morning.

Lloyd

JaneS

It's time to bid you all Good Night!  Of course, I won't be as fancy as AMY is when I say it but I'm just as sincere!

First I want to say "Whoopee!" Don (Radioman) is back!  So good to see you.  Don't stay away so long the next time.

To Everyfriend, I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy, healthy tomorrow!  And may God bless us, every one!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Denver

Another late night post....

This day started out pretty bad.....Bob woke up dizzier than ever...he could hardly stand and maneuver around at all.  We were suppose to be to Dave and Michele's before 8 AM.  we made it, but it was not good.  As the morning progressed he felt better and as long as he kept his head level he was OK, but his stomach continued to be pretty upset.

We were to spend the day there after Michele left for chemo to be there for a crew that was coming in to clean out the air ducts.  Oh my, I hope to never have to sit through that again.  There were two very nice young men doing the work, but the noise of those BIG vacuums was awful!  Michele got home and we had a nice chat with her before it was time to take our granddaughter to her dance practice. 

We have another physical therapy session for Bob at 10 AM.  I sure hope he wakes up in better condition tomorrow.

Pleasant dreams to all.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. it is 24º and clear this A m supposed to just be 45 and sunny this day. I had 6,5 hours of good sleep with no dream's that I re-amber. Nothing going on that I know of so should be a good day.

Lloyd

Amy

9c434166-7cd2-4f5a-b278-539d1a186620.jpg Live Once.jpg

Good morning everyone..

Dear me the snow is still falling and there is about 9 inches of snow to remove. Better get my dancing shoes on.

Jenny, hope Bob is feeling better this morning.

Mary Ann, time will be in your favour to get back to what you were, just don't push it.

Lloyd, you didn't shake those clouds hard enough. We have lots of snow to share with you. :)

Better get ready for the waltz.

Enjoy your day everyone.
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Well, we're up and attem.  I probably slept better last night than I have in a month of Sundays.  The weather has taken a drastic change, though!  We don't have the snow AMY does but the wind has whipped up and the temp has stayed down.  After our nice warm but wet day yesterday, today we have cold and windy and that makes it feel colder!  It isn't supposed to get above 34 and the wind will make it "feel" 9 or 10 degrees lower. 

We're waiting for the boinger for Mickie's pill and then breakfast for both of us.

JENNY, I sure hope BOB feels better today.  Dizzy is no fun!  I've been there!

Don't know what's on the agenda for today but I'm sure something will holler for attention.  It always does!

I wish you all a lovely, healthy day!
Make it your own in every way!

And be a bunny and hop back in here and share it with very interested friends!

Shirley

I'm listening to TN Earnie Ford again... can't believe how good it makes me feel, Jane.

Jenn, do hope Bob is better today and you get a chance to slow down. Why does it seem we are all in such a rush-rush mode?

Don, sorry about your hospital stay. I've heard about too many people having a terrible reaction to the flu after shots. I don't take them because my body does NOT want anything but food put in it. Take care.

Mary Ann, you are a wise lady and I have no doubt you will do what you know you must, to keep your world intact.

Lloyd, I do remember what those muddy ruts are like. Where we lived & raised the kids, was a new street that sucked up the chat/rock that was dumped on it every year, it was called black gumbo dirt. Our house sat 90' back from the street, we hauled tons & tons of hard "chat" on that driveway and finally Cas made concrete borders to hold the chat in place & we filled until there was no mud in the driveway. The street still has ruts because it can't be paved with the water, sewer, power & gas lines that cross at every house. One time I pulled over a bit too far & got stuck in the mud in front of the house across the street... & had to call the auto club to pull me out. Take care, leveling all that rock is for younger people than we are! I am happy to live in town now!

Amy, I would love a deep snow to slide down the hill on the Sno-nut, but dancing with the snow blower is not in the books for us this year, I don't think.  We had that extreme cold wind, rain when the sun was shining & above freezing and even the cats were depressed with the weather.  Weather guessers are saying it will be a very nice week end, but we know winter is NOT really over.

I was awake until 2:00 am, thinking of the busy week end ahead. Gr-daughter & family are going to be in town for a short visit. Since I don't host the gatherings I try to help any way I can, but not sure there is enough steam right now to do much helping. Morning half gone and I have not had my breakfast yet. I picked up fish & chips yesterday after getting my ashes at noon, and that food was so greasy I couldn't eat the rest of the day. Anyway, okay this morning but just not my bright & shiny ( ;)  ) self.
Good morning to all, hope everyone has a better day so come tell us what is going on!

JeanneP

Don
Good to see you back. Your energy will come back. Keep up some exercising. I need to do more walking but weather been awful here.
JeanneP

Gloria

Good morning everyone. 50 to start my day. Is this February or late March? Another over slept again. Oh well as long as I get my breakfast and dressed before 12 when my CNA gets here no rush for anything.
Have you heard on the news about medical supplies are running out here because they all come from China. So much for this darn OUTSOURCING of jobs. Makes me think I should stop watching the news.

JANE  like you I will be glad when oldest son and DIL are back from their cruise and are safely home. They should be home Sunday. They already have next years cruise booked for a longer cruise. With that new thing that started in China and spreading I wish they had stayed home.

AMY  love your morning Cardinal you posted yesterday. Like you snow is better than followed by rain and turns to ice. We have had winters like that here. The first winter I lived here we had that and lot ot leaks that did damage in some of the apartments. The witch finally got a crew to clear the roof after the damage was done. They used axes to chop the ice and then had to put on a new roof.

LLOYD  glad you got a good sleep again. That is something everyone needs.

SHIRLEY  I never cared for Roy Rogers. I did like Gene Autry.

PHYLLIS  I was surprised yesterday when on TV they were talking about Ash Wednesday.  It was also my DIL's birthday. Since they were out on the Atlantic I could not call her but did send her a Jackie Lawson card.

JANE  I always liked Ernie Ford and his program but had not thought of him in a long time.

DON  so good to see you here. Sorry about the flu and all you went through. You are so ‪missed in here. God help you regain your strength so you can post more often.

AMY  I used to say that good night to my 3 when they were young, love it.

JENNY  sorry Bob is suffering with dizzyness. Hope the doctors or the PT helps him PDQ.

After 11 now so better get a move on and get dressed.

Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

JeanneP

Shirley.
Bet those fish nc chips did not taste as good as the ones you remember in UK
I make my own at home. Can't get the mashy  peas good though.

Hope you get to feeling stronger before spring time so you can get to travelling some.
JeanneP

Sandy

Good Rainy Morning EVERYONE!

It is wet here on the rocky
coast of Maine.  (But warmer!)

I slept in late this AM.. I
seem to be doing that more and
more...  guess, I need it!

Wishing everyone well.

Sandy
 :smitten:
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

CallieOK

Good Morning,

Don, so sorry about your illness but glad you're feeling better.  I don't get the flu shot, either - nor have I gotten all the other inoculations the "experts" think we oldsters ought to have. When "they" can guarantee I will not even get the disease, I'll consider them...maybe.

Shirley, apparently, you shooed the nasty weather around me.  Thank you very much!  ;)  Bitterly cold yesterday but sunny.  This morning started out cold but is supposed to be near 60 by this afternoon.

I'm off to play Bridge at a local restaurant.  8 of us play there twice a month; we have the same waiter and he almost automatically knows what we're going to order. 

Wishing Everyfriend An Enjoyable Day (a/k/a "Thuper Thursday"  ;) )

Amy

Well, one dance is done but another maybe later after supper.

Birds are hungry and they brought their friends too....we had 6 pigeons.

Sandy, your body must need the sleep or it wouldn't happen. We have high winds and snow here and lots of both!

Callie, good hands for you at bridge today..

Gloria, you also needed the sleep. We have lost a lot of businesses here. We saw the rubble of the Sears building on Tue......so sad to see the building torn down. I miss shopping at Sears.

Better clean up the kitchen..

Jane are you hoppy I came back and posted? :)
Jimmy Dean

Radioman34

I am going to put on a mini version of my radio show here in the residence.  I'm not sure if it will be weekly or monthly, but our events organiser thinks it's a good idea. I'm looking forward to it.

Sandy

Amy..  Yes,  I am sure that
my body does need the extra
sleep as I am up many
times during the night
(bathroom stops)  and
by the morning I don't wake
up as often,
so it is a good time for me
to play catch up on my sleep. 

There is so much bad news
about the Coronavirus  with not
much that can be done about it
that makes me think that I  should
try to get a head of it by bringing in
some food that I can stored .... 

Damn...  it could be that they
are just trying to scare us...

Never know these days just what
I should do. 

Time will tell ..
Sandy
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Amy

Sandy, if you have room stock up on frozen vegetables.....you could do canned goods also but I think frozen are better...not as much salt in them.  I bought Lysol wipes to take with me to wipe down the grocery cart handles .

Interesting times..

Take care...
Jimmy Dean

Joy

Been busy with therapy twice today. Helped with dressing and bathing.  They all tell me I am doing good,  but hard for to see it.  I guess I want it to happen faster.  Still have a way to go.  My sister in law came today and bought lunch.  That was nice. No decisions made yet.  I have to go back to the surgeon next Wed ,so waiting to see what he says.  I still am limited as to what I am allowed to do.  ,can't bend over, or cross my legs.  Have to sleep with a big sponge thing to keep my legs from moving.  10 or. 12_hours in the same position is so hard.  Not sure how long I have to do that,  but getting hard to do.  Thanks for your good thoughts.
BIG BOX

Amy

That is it for snow blowing....did the driveway again and now it is time to put feet up.
Not snowing as much but the wind is still blowing.

Joy, I think we all want it NOW...it is very difficult to be patient with ones self. Can you listen to soft music when you go to sleep to keep your mind off of staying in one position?

Going to hit the shower and relax..
Enjoy your evening everyone.

Jimmy Dean

Mary Ann

I am one who has had both flu and pneumonia shots.  I often wonder when I hear about others not getting the shots, whether it is worth it, but I always get the shots.  So far I have been lucky.  Tom does not get the shots and he had a form of flu in Tulsa but I think his problem was brought on by the air in the plane and the change in atmosphere.  I am no meteorologist, so what do I know!

Joy, I hope you can get get out of your brace soon; I am sure it is uncomfortable.  Maybe I should start taking calcium again. 

Sandy, I am not with others often, just Tom, but but it only takes one person to give a cold or flu.  The way I feel at present, I am content to stay inside. 

Don, I am pleased to hear you are going to put on a mini version of your program.  I'll bet people will love it an i know it will do you a lot of good.

Amy, we have not had enough snow this year to make it worth dancing with a snowblower or a hand shovel.  It has been very nice for me but I know March will bring unusual weather. 

Mary Ann

Shirley

Wishing all a good night, God Bless and wake you with a smile. Shirley

Lloyd Hammond

good evening everyone. well It is time for me to bid you all good night and sweet dreams. now for dropping right Off to sleep, dose not happen now days. my mined tells me it it is time to go to bed and sleep,but the thoughts and aches and pains won't let it listen. I take two of those go to sleep pills helps but is not a fix all st all. AMY am not asking your age But you have to be a lot younger than my 82 + years. No way I could run snow blower and shovel snow and split wood and stack it like you do. several years ago I worked for the county running a road grader. when we had big snows in my districk I had sections that would drift clear across the road from fence to fence a 1/4th mile or more 6 -8 feet deep, I had a pretty new grader that had very good hydrolysis on it, so I would run it at 8-10 MPH and then push my self out backwards with the blade rotation an in reverse. and keep that up until i got through single lane.then set the blade out to side high and repeat at high speed until I had wide enough for cars to pass. would set blade up just above the rock so I would not though it off of the road. I would get up and start clearing the roads in my aria at 1 or 2 AM and run it until 11 or 12 PM. I knew where the shut IN'S Lived and would Lay my aria out until I could get them first. all my working life at that and truck driving I put in too long of day I am sure that is why I do not sleep good now. I am going now take my shot and pills and go to bed see you all tomorrow.

Lloyd

JaneS

I'm just waiting for my pill to take effect and then I'll be heading for bed.

LLOYD, you did enough work in your lifetime to last you the rest of it.  So now you have earned the right to take it easy...if you even know how to do that!  Please try!

I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy, healthy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Lloyd Hammond

Joy I am with you, my head says I can do it , but my wife and my body both want to argue about it. HA HA HA. well Nancy has a stuffy head and sines drainage so she dose not lay still and we neither are getting any good sleep so we are both up. Not ready for the day but here we are. and to the couch I go,and recline my chair back. I said couch but it is a recliner lift chair. it will pick me up until all I have to do is walkaway. boy how times have changed, we both have them, but Nancy's has a vibrator on it and mine dose not. I do not get close to it for fear of my life either. have a good day everyone.

Lloyd

Amy

48e1d26b-b80f-4d6a-9cc3-15a75c55c37b.jpg quote.jpg
Good morning g everyone..

Still windy out but I don't think there was much snow after I had cleaned it last evening. Didn't do the dog run so will check that out later. Meeting friends in town this morning  and picking up Kyles meds.

Lloyd, we have slowed down a lot....we don't buy log lengths anymore to cut and split, we buy it already cut and split. All we have to do is pile it and we do that at our own pace....and I know that all too soon we will have to give that up. Jane was right, you have done a lot of hard work over the years and you have earn your rest. Enjoy it, you certainly have earned it.

Don, the residents there will be in for a treat with you doing a radio show...

Mary Ann, I don't get the flu shot ,the only one I did get was the Shingles shot. Saw a ladies back that had the shingles and I don't know how she put up with the pain!!

Better go get ready to meet the day..

Enjoy your day everyone..
Jimmy Dean

Gloria

Good morning everyone, 27 now and looks a little hazy out, Just about light out when I opened my eyes but 6 is better than waking at 3 or after 9.

AMY  send that snow here along with some of your temperatures, it would help clear the air. No one ill in this building and so far my family members are all OK. That I thank God for. I miss Sears, too. I jave a set of sheets-good cotton ones-I bought there almost  40 years ago and they are still so nice and soft I use them on the bed more than the others I have

DON  how wonderful for you to have a chance to share your music once again. I still miss your Sunday afternoons with your program on. I liked hearing you role  out some of the names of the composers. I would look at the names and just could not say them.

Talking about that virus I wish I had room to store extra food. At least cookies crackers and peanut butter don't need to be in the fridge, also powdered milk or the milk in cartons that only need to be in the fridge after opening. I worry about losing power and not having a way to keep food or be able to cook it.

AMY  at least you would keep warm and be able to cook on your wood stove. My daughter and I were talking yesterday about those old stoves and the heat from them. That is what I grew up with and I had one when I was married and had 3 little ones. Snoopy is one smart dog with living every day about dieing only once. Oh wow you will be snowed in soon if the snow does not stop.

JANE  my days of hopping like a bunny are over, how about I slowly get here instead?

Something is messed up here. It is now 7:30 am and Shirley posted at 10:30 am this morning? That is what the time is on her post.

SHIRLEY stay off that snow nut unless someone is there with you. I do not wan to think of you out ther e alone and running into a tree or something. Behave ot I give you 10 lashes with a wet noodle. :(

Hello to Lloyd, Joy and Mary Ann and Phyllis. I have been sitting here too long and back is getting stiff. Better move around and limber up a bit.

Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  It's a cold one here!  It's probably colder where AMY is but it's cold enough to make me want to hug the warm inside. 

Many years ago when the place I was working offered free flu shots, I got them two years in a row and I got the flu both of those years.  The next year, I passed and no flu.  The only preventive shot I've gotten over the years is a pneumonia shot and that's the only one that my doctor urges me to get.  The rest of them she understands about and just says "It's time for the "whatever" shot. Are you getting it or not?"  I always pass! 

We're in wait mode for Mickie's pill.  When the boinger goes off, we'll have breakfast and then I'll be heading for the showers and a short shopping trip to WM.  I'm totally out of milk and eggs and my daughter will be arriving for the weekend tonight.  I also have to pick up a few other things...like laundry detergent and tissues.  And if my favorite gal is working today, I might get a haircut! 

Now I better get my day started.

I wish you all a lovely, healthy day!
Make it your own in every way!

And be sure to share it with us!  I wish we could all share Radioman's show!