Random Image

Amaryllis

Owner: phyllis
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:04:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for February 15, 2020

Started by so_P_bubble, February 15, 2020, 01:30:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gloria

Good morning everyone, well looks like my 8 hour nights did not last long. Here it is now 2:30 am  and I am sitting here with my first cup of coffee and wide awake. 26 - almost twice as warm as yesterday.

PHYLLIS  so the snow made it there and you felt poetic? It's cold outside my window but  no snow DARN IT. Have no idea what direction doth blow, seems pretty calm.

SHIRLEY  oh wow this if the first time you mentioned severe arthritis. It really is not nice and for you who is always so active like you must drive  you bonkers. I do ‪like the Hempvana, it works great on my back. The left side of my back is worse but yesterday the right side was almost as bad. My CNA gave me a good back massage with the Hempvana and it sure helped, even this morning it is not as bad as usual. I went online for it and for an extra $10. you get 2 jars of it. I gave one  to my grandson who has back problems and ordered 2 more and gave to my son for his shoulders. Don't need much of it. I have been using the first jar for over 5 months.

MARY ANN  my windows face north west and when I pull the shades up in the morning I can feel the cold air.  I have sheer curtains in the windows and even those keep some of the cold behind them.

CALLIE  about 8 years ago I sent for a rollator and it helped me. When I first got the health insurance I have they ordered a new one but use the old one in here- has only 1 brake that works and the new one has 2 good brakes so use it when I go out anywhere. Glad I have it because I use the seat often. Is today a Super Saturday? My daughter has a cast iron pan for cornbread. She makes it often. I never had hers but I do like the Jiffy mix.

SHIRLEY  It is great having Y back again. When she came Tuesday it was big hugs time. After being out for almost 5 months she was tired shen she got home and had a nap. Her husband would wake her when he got home about 2 hours later. One thing she said is how her back hurt with the disks being out of line she can imagine how I feel at times.  We sure talked and laughed a lot the 4 days she was here.

LLOYD  so glad you are home and make sure you do what the doctors tell you to do. I know when I had capal tunnel on my right hand I learned to type with just my left hand. Took time but I did it and you can too.

Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Shirley

Hey, Gloria, I also woke up at 2:30 but has taken over an hour to get to the computer. I will fix me an egg, toast & coffee... maybe some bacon & go back to sleep.  It is bitter cold, or I thought it was because the furnace doesn't shut off, but actual temp is 33°  but feels like 25°. Tom wanted out, Callie is snoring on the couch & Tiger is somewhere in the basement still sleeping. She doesn't think "FOOD" every time she hears me rattling around in the kitchen. Tom would eat all day long (and does) the dry food or whatever I offer.

Since I didn't realize my aches & pains were severe arthritis, I ignored them. To be honest, I don't think mine is as severe as a lot of people, I'm able to move these legs pretty much like before the blow out of the knee and neck pain not nearly as bad as when I had to hold my heat to let it go down on the bed. "Tolerable", as an old friend used to say. I may have to fight the world that isn't fair, but I don't fight my body. If it wants to get up at 2:00 or 3:00 am, we will get up & eat & go back to bed. My best friend here in town, goes to bed at 7:00 pm because she wakes up at 4:00... gets up & stays up. She does get a lot done those early hours but burns out by noon. She says she doesn't nap, but chills out the rest of the day. I'd better get off here & eat so I can go back to sleep. This is another Sat! I think the weeks are shrinking, doesn't seem like 8 days since the last Saturday!

Glad you are home, Lloyd, and hope you feel better. I was giving my brother a lecture about keeping his arm & leg muscles strong. He is complaining about being short winded, but his worst problem is that he works in his yard all summer & keeps strong but doesn't get much exercise all winter. They go to Florida right after Christmas & stay a couple months in a place his son keeps all year, and only putters around keeping the place clean with his wife. They get out a lot but do think his body misses the work, so when he wants to walk a mile like he used to, he is winded. At 94 he is in better shape than most 70 year olds. Take care, no falls.

I know what I wanted to mention.... about the "designer" commodes in this house, that was tongue in cheek. They are different & were special in their day, but this house was built in the mid '60s & pretty sure they are original, we've been here 31 years & not replaced them. I have no desire to remodel anymore.

And a very Super Saturday to all that show up this morning!

Amy

7dc7e04e-6daf-4cd4-ba2f-da017c98dc30.jpg Heigh Ho.jpg
Good morning everyone..

Looking to be a great day out there!! Just think 14 more day and we turn the clocks ahead!!!
Yesterday proved to be interesting. We had sink problems and needed a plumber. I have watched this young man from when he worked for a company in town spread his wings and go on his own.When I phoned he said he was really busy but would stop in after one job. He did come and his wife too! They remind me of us when we worked..Mom and Pop operation and they work well together. Everything is working now.

Gloria, hope you can cat nap today.. Nice to have your regular girl back. Hope she will be there for you all the time now. We have a rollator plus a wheelchair. Kyle has used both but the wheelchair has been used by friends that needed one. Neighbour just used this last week to take his Mom to the hospital.

Shirley,I hope you can find time for a nap later today.

Better get going.

Enjoy your day everyone

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  It's cold here but no wind so it doesn't go right through ones body.  I can live with that.  I sure didn't realize we were that close to DST!  I don't think I'm ready for that!

Don't know what's on the agenda for today but I'm not ready to face it.  I had another sleepless night.  Even the Melatonin only gave me about 2 and a half good hours.  I feel wiped out!

And it's almost time for the boinger so I better go see where my phone is.  It might be somewhere I can't hear it and Mickie can't hear it either so she won't tell me it boinging.

I wish you all a lovely, healthy day!
Make it your own in every way!

And be sure to share it with you nosy friends in SS!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

phyllis

I'm up but that is about all I can claim.  Not a good night last night.  I think I'll probably catch up today.  Or, at least, try to.

Gloria, I used to make corn bread from scratch but use the Jiffy mix now just because it is easier on this old cook.  I always use my small cast iron skillet though.  As it turns out, I didn't make corn bread last night and we didn't have the rest of the bean soup.  I decided to use up the last of the meat loaf.

Amy,  I think Johnnycakes are more like a thick pancake for us and cornbread is leavened with baking powder so it rises to a porous cake/bread like this:  https://www.blessthismessplease.com/the-best-cornbread-recipe

This recipe calls for sugar but I don't like sweet cornbread so I don't use it when I make it from scratch.

I'm glad that both Mary Ann and Lloyd are home.  Hospitals are ok when we need them but home is so much better.

I just might have another cup.  Take care, All.
phyllis
Cary,NC

JaneS

I just had a phone call from LLOYD.  He wants us all to know that he's having trouble getting into S&F.  He says he's tried everything he knows how and can't get through.  I gave him one idea but I'm not sure if he understood.  I don't know how else to help him.  Any ideas?

so_P_bubble

Mary Ann

This morning I took my first shower since coming home and all went well.  I did it the way I always did and I was pleased I could do that.  I did some standing and some sitting.  I think I got all of the soap off.  I know practice will make perfect. 

I now am sitting in my computer rooom in my robe drying off and I will get dressed in due time.  When the house evaluators were here, we talked about my getting into the tub as I do not have a walk=in shower. They approved of my method and it worked well.  We also talked about the height of the toilet and it is sometimes good to be short because it is not necessary to get a riser for ours.  My feet do not hit the floor with the risers.  It is rough going from semi-handicap to 3/4 handicap.

My walker has sturdy brakes and I use them; the cat jumps when I release them because they are strong.  I am sure they will ease as time goes by.

It will be a nice day today because the sun is shining.  It is about 35 degrees out and we have no snow, however, I think we have some coming.

Robin's son and a friend are to come today to dismantle the work station which I find I am donating to a thrift shop for sale. I hate to see it go because of storage area but Tom has purchased with my money a set of wire shelves and that will be my new storage.  It probably will hold more than the work station and that will give us more floor space. 

All of the above is more than anyone wants to know, but gabby has to tell everything.

Mary Ann

JaneS

Thanks BUBBLE.  I forwarded that to message to LLOYD.

MARY ANN, If you're only 3/4 handicapped at 94, I want to follow in your footsteps!

JaneS

Hello, Everyfriend!  Today was a beautiful day!  The sun shone and the wind was still.  It was in the high 30s and it felt warmer when we were out walking!  I'll take more days like today and then Spring can jump right in!

I've taken my Melatonin first tonight so I (hopefully) don't have to lie there wide awake for the first hour that I'm in bed.

I hope you've all had the best day possible and that you will have a peaceful night's sleep and a happy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. Gloria it is ( no fools No fun I do not Make a lot of Money but do have a lot of fun). well am wore slick but finely got on line this AM.

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

I am not going to answer all one on one, but I am home and feeling better and breathing easier also. they went through the artery in My right arm into my heart , and router routed out two stents all ready in place that were clogged up. and installed two new stents.hope it never wares you out as much to read as it did me to write it. Have a great day.

Lloyd

Gloria

Good morning everyone, yesterday it was sunny all day but not warm enough for me to go out and it was windy, too. When my son made his weekly visit I asked how it was outside and he said -too cold for me.  Do any of you watch Judge Judy? I turned on the TV at the same time I got here at the PC.  She was on and before I turned to local news I got to watching her. Boy she sure  doesn't hold anything back. She calls some people a jerk or dumb or stupid. I wonder if those who are on her show just want their 15 minutes of fame.

SHIRLEY  well I woke a bit  after 5 this morning and it had taken me about an hour to get here. I am having my first mug of coffee as I read and type on Notepad.  Gone ar e the days when I would get up and make  5 lunches and make breakfast  for 5 and get ready for work. I wonder how I did that when these days I move so slow. Lucky I can get my oatmeal made every morning when I finish here but have my 2 mugs of coffee before I think of eating.

AMY  like your Heigh-Ho. Sounds like me in the morning these days but without the cheery Heigh-Ho. There was a wheelchair donated by a tenant whose Mother used it. It was for anyone who needed it for a short time. There was a woman who needed it and kept it for a few months before the witch told her to bring it back because others needed it for doctors visit or something. That was one time the witch did something good. I did lay on the couch yesterday watching TV and woke 2 hours later. Slept good last night, too.

JANE  you use your cellphone for a timer?  I would never think of that. I would use my timer for the oven. Wish I had good news to share in here but it is the same old boring stuff from me.

PHYLLIS I have only used the Jiffy cornbread, never tried from scratch.  I know my daughter does and has a cast iron that has the shapes of an ear of corn. An elderly friend gave it to her.

JANE  no ideas from me to help Lloyd. When I cannot get in I just do something else  and try again a few hours later. Most times it is when the site is down.

MARY ANN  when I go to my son's or grandson's homes I find the toilets are very low. I am used to what my second son calls a bigboy. I had a riser on the one at my son's house when I lived there. I am short, too, but have trouble getting UP.

LLOYD  glad you made it in this morning. Make sure you follow the doctors orders and do as he said. We want you around for a lot more years and I am sure Nancy does, too. Don't go pushing and playing with your machinery.

Have a good day.

Amy

49f0c900-917b-4eec-87f1-f3c077357b66.jpg Good Morning Kitten.jpg

Good morning everyone..

Going to be a nice day here then snow tomorrow..
Managed to get the quilt done yesterday so it is just binding that needs to be done then start another.

Lloyd, good to see you and hope you are feeling much better. Sent you an email.

Jane, I am so wanting Spring..I know there is a lot of work (wood piling)ahead in Spring but hope to get it done before the bugs decide to visit.

Mary Ann, sounds as though things are progressing for you. We don't have a tub just a walk in shower that has a built in seat. With Kyle's RA getting in and out of the tub was difficult so the shower unit was put in. When we had our friend here he also had a bath chair. One does what they have to do to get along.

Joy, hope you are coming along better too.

Phyliss, hope you caught up on lost sleep. I printed off the recipe to try later. Thank you.

Gloria ,good morning you tippy toed in on me :)

Shirley, where are youuuuuu???

Better get a move on.

Enjoy your day everyone.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Shirley

I got up about the same time, Gloria, had my breakfast & fed cats. Tom is out exploring. Cas used to laugh about old LaurenKat had to "run her traps" every morning early. She was not as afraid of being seen outside as Tom is. Neighbors used to tell me they would see "that bob tailed little gray cat cutting through their yards". They all knew we had her fixed & she was well fed, but she still hunted & brought breakfast back for Cas. YUCK!

We were supposed to have rain this morning but still down in Callie territory. It is in the 40s so not sure what to expect, feels like a nippy spring morning. Soon we will be into tornado season... the year rolls around so fast.

Did you all hear people long ago talk about "how fast the time goes the older you get"?  I have a feeling that "the older I get the slower I get" so that's where it stands for me!

I have a few bites of oatnut bread with Welch's grape jam to finish. Had to reheat my cup/mug of coffee & sat down to the laptop here on the table. My Fitbit & laptop & iPad do not agree how much sleep I got last night, guess I'll get a nap in later today. Right now I'd better get a move on.

Lloyd, I never did feel any different after the bypasses, stents or valve replaced, same short winded. Decided I will just slow down & catch my breath until I can't and then let them replace that valve again. Like Scarlett, I don't want to think about it today! You take care. Soon it will be warm enough to head to MO to Long Shoal campground. That can't be too far from where you live. It is on highway 7 between Clinton & Warsaw and can see cars going by on 7 from the campground. I really enjoy just plugging in power & watching DVDs with the cats. We eat & sleep, I don't get out & walk a whole lot the last couple years, but can see the birds & squirrels from my windows. I'll probably not go until after our trip to Colorado since I have to wait for new glasses & if this pair works I will get a pair of prescription sunglasses, my eyes can't take the bright sun. Will let you know when I get to go so maybe you & Nancy will come camp near & we can visit. I like having electric hook ups to not need to run the generator. The Corp of Engineer campground are so nice & spread apart compared with commercial campgrounds. I try to go there in middle of the week because they fill up on week ends & boaters are up early speeding around the lake. I've tried a few other campgrounds, even the state park, but Long Shoal is my favorite. The same camp host has been there for years, think he was the one that sold me my Golden Age Passport when I turned 65.

Jane, hope you get the sleep working for you. I know you aren't used to being able to nap during the day, but I can't keep going on just a few hours sleep like when younger.

Mary Ann, do hope Tom gets to feeling better fast, he may have to take time off to give his body a chance to recover completely. Glad you are back with Kendrick, bet he is more "lovey" than before. My Tom is kind of bashful about wanting to be petted, he purrs so loud when happy you can feel his whole body quivering.

Haha... there you are, Amy! I was kinda concerned that Gloria & I have been getting up earlier than you!  And this morning Lloyd beat us posting!

Will catch up with everyone later, better get dressed!

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I slept better last night than I have in a month of Sundays!  I took the melatonin a half hour before going to bed as the bottle suggests and when I went to bed, I closed my eyes and went to sleep.  I did wake up in about 2 hours or so to answer Nature's call but I went right back to sleep and slept pretty well until the alarm went off at 6.

I guess I didn't really need the alarm because the sun is shining and the windows on the car are frozen.  I tried thawing them and they just froze again.  So I opted out of driving to church this morning!  I'll miss it but I'm sure God understands!

All this talk of corn bread has made me crave a piece...and I never liked corn bread!  I wonder why that happens?  I did like something that my grandmother used to make in an iron skillet on her cook stove but I never heard it called corn bread.  I suppose it was, though. 

I wonder what I'll get into today?  I guess I should do something productive since I'm no going to church!  I know I have to make dog food but that doesn't take much time or energy!  However...

And be sure to share it with your nosy curious  friends!

Lloyd Hammond

Shirley stay in touch might be a good place to park the RV and visit with you. but we have a good place for you to park and hook up to water and electricity , also have a place you can dump both holding tanks.

Lloyd

Denver

Sunday HELLO to EVERYFRIEND!

I have been on this iPad nearly non stop all weekend.  Granddaughter Kate is at a dance competition and it is streamed online.....not very well though, unfortunately, as it keeps cutting in and out, but I have been glued to the screen trying t9 watch her.  IF she is not dancing then I a: looking at pictures tha5 our youngest son is sharing on their trip and then I a: looking at pictures that a friend is sharing from their world tour on the Queen Mary II.  Currently they were in Perth Western Australia.  My goodness the pictures are amazing.  Some of you remember The Thomas Family who live there?  We have been invited to go to Perth and visit them and I would certainly like to do it as I would love to see Perth! 

Anyway, I am just getting in to see how you all are doing?  All this talk about corn bread!  I have not really cared too much about it, but have enjoyed eating some on a couple of occasions.  Funny enough Sam's Club had a box of Krustiez on sale, and I bought a box with 4 packages in there, so I best go use some of it up one day soon....a nice pot of beans sure would go well with it!  Yummmm, I am making myself hungry. 

We had a lot of snow over night.....it is really wet so has melted quite a bit already, but we probably got a good 3 inches!  Now bring on the spring flowers!!  Do not think that is going to happen anytime soon......still a lot of winter left for us here😩

Our oldest son and the boys came down from Vail early this morning and have already landed in Boston.  The DIL had to take a different flight as she had a death in the family and had to go to Chicago for that.  I am so sad as we did not even get to see them while they were here......mostly due to our inability to leave due to helping out with the children AND the weather.  Snow every other day did not work out well for a quick drive up the hill.....just does not seem right that they were here tho so close and yet we did not get to see them😩😢

SHIRLEY, boy how I wish we could all gather together at that nice sounding camp ground and all have a nice long visit with each other.  IF I do not get to see you on your next Colorado visit I sure am going to be sad......things just do not seem that easy to plan anymore......and I do not like it one bit!

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Lloyd Hammond

Good afternoon everyone. well I have had a good nap today, most likely will mess up my sleep tonight. AMY Nancy said you called yesterday message on answer machine but never left any phone number to return call with. I would love to have your phone number and call you all. and when gets to be better weather in spring or summer. we could head the rv back that way and do a good visit.. I am as I said i am breathing much better than I was before the cleaning and instillation of the stents. Grand daughter and sil, came by for a quick visit. they both said I have better looks in face and eyes. AMY you may have my email address as well so if you would send me your phone number please. I would call you I think for your area I have free long distance. we could have a good visit on the phone no charge. It is cloudy here and supposed to get rain here tonight and tomorrow and maybe next day as well. Hope they miss that. sil. came by and smoothed all the ruts out in our drive way and rock hauler is supposed to come gravel our drive tomorrow or Tuesday. that will be great if he gets it done before the rain hits.

Lloyd

Shirley

Lloyd, this has been another of those days trying to keep up & would rather be sleeping. Thanks for the offer of a place to stay but I am going to travel to spots I am familiar with, Colorado and Missouri. Lot less stress with these big elephants when you know ahead where to turn! Not sure when I will be ready to travel, but working on it. Glad you are feeling better.

Jenny, I've been watching the Monarch Pass cam and so happy to see snow so it won't be such a fire danger this summer. I have not seen much on the ground around Salida or Buena Vista, their cams are located all around so I check about every day. I understand about life & travel not being "at our choice", with kids & grands. Hope you got to see enough of the dance competition to satisfy. :thumbup:

Jane, this sleep pattern is a bummer, I spend my days trying to catch up. Hope to get to bed early enough tonight to make up for a few nights this week! Have to get off this computer!

Amy, darling kitty. Reminds me that the cute toy #2 son gave the cats for Christmas was totally ignored so I gave it back to him when he mentioned his girlfriend's grandmother had a number of cats... maybe they know how to play! These 3 walked around it for weeks, standing in the middle of the kitchen/family room floor. They checked it out the first day & then acted like it wasn't there at all.

Another week, start of Lent with Ash Wed. already! We had light rain all day so will help green things up. We did not have a hard winter, no ice on the river at all so far. Flood warnings out until tomorrow so "up river" they must have gotten a lot more rain than we did.

Sweet dreams to all and God Bless! Shirley

JaneS

I'm all ready for bed and Mickie is already there.  I'm waiting for the Melatonin to take effect and I didn't sleep at all during the day today.  So maybe sleep will take over tonight.  When I get up tired in the morning, I get next to nothing done that day. 

LLOYD, I'm happy to hear that you're feeling better after your hospital visits.  Keep it up!

SHIRLEY, it has been an easy winter.  I hope that doesn't mean that Spring will be later in its arrival!  I'm definitely ready for lighter clothes and warmer weather!

Now I'm off to bed.  I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy, healthy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Shirley

Checking in. Tom was sleeping on my bed & all of a sudden decided to have a snack of the dry food, drink of water, stopped at the litter box & then the pat-pat that means he wanted to go out. No sense arguing with him, so I opened the doors & he stepped out in the rain. I thought he would want right back in but they stayed in all day yesterday & he wanted to stretch his legs. I came into the kitchen & checked the door & he came over the fence to see if it was time for breakfast. Not going to start feeding at 3:00 am (it was 2:30 when he went out.) He is begging to go back out so guess I'll let him have his way & I will go back to bed.

Jane & all having trouble sleeping, hope the zzzzzzzzzzzzzzs surround you & you wake up rested.

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone, well I did sleep better last evening. thanks for all the tips and support. Shirley well parking here would not cost you any thing,we would let you park free at least a week before putting you to work. would enjoy just visiting, we are about 45 minutes time driving to  Clinton. we would rather have your friendship rather than your money. Nancy has coffee on early. or I will make and drink hot chocklet with you.. I love the smell of Coffee. But one sip of it upsets my stomach. Not the caffeine, I used to drink moutindew had a can in my hand all day long. Reining here and 47º this AM. wish we had got rock on drive before the rain. sil had brought his bobcat down and had it smoothed up good. Have a good day.

Lloyd

Amy

c9bae55b-4fe1-4b79-8ffa-6d92578f2bf0.jpg

Good morning everyone..

A mix of sun and cloud today...no snow  :)

Cleaning aka purging is on the menu today. Think the neighbours dog Rex needs his nails cut so will ask about that.

Hope everyone had a good nights sleep last night.My head hit the pillow and I was out like a light..didn't get up in the night.
Shirley, that reminds me of buying a nice toy for a child and they would rather play with the box it came in!

Enjoy your day everyone..
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I'm up but not sure I'm "attem" yet! We're waiting for the boinger after Mickie's pill and then breakfast and then we shall see!

I had some bad news yesterday.  The young man who owns my service station passed away.  He's been in a wheel chair for the past year and we knew it could happen any time but this one hurts worse because I watched him grow up and he's part of my kids generation.  He was about 2 when he tagged along to his father's gas/service station.  It was a family business and his mother was a receptionist/paper person so Bucky and his sister were there a lot.  And when my twins started school, Bucky was in their class.  He was a friend of my son's all through school and they remained so after graduation.  He eventually took over for his father and expanded the business and he will be missed.  He ran and honest, timely service and everyone liked him!

I think the hardest part is that he's part of my kids generation and it's going to be hard to see them go.  I guess I'm older than I thought I was. Please pray for Bucky and his family!

The boinger went off so I better get Mickie her breakfast.

And come by and share it with all of us!

Amy

Jane I am so sorry for the loss of this young man. Hold tight all the wonderful memories you have of him.

We just had company , my friends daughter is now the proud owner of a Bloodhound pup..Winnie. Even though she is only 6 weeks old she growled at Babe and Jesse!! In the end they did become buddies. Just wait till she gets her full size an there will be no holding in arms!

Gloria, hope your day is going to be a great one..

Better go see what I can rustle up for lunch..thumbnail.jpg Winnie.jpg

Jimmy Dean

Gloria

Good morning everyone, back to waking too late again. At least I did sleep at  last. Thie will be short, have to get dressed after my coffee and then have breakfast before my fav Gal gets here. Yesterday was a real lazy one for me, slept most of the early part away and watched TV the rest of the day. I really am getting bad lately with wanting to do anything.

Well have to get  moving, my CNA will be here at noon and just about have time to get dressed.

Have a good day.

Denver

Monday flew by for me.....seems that is how most of my days go!

Oliver Doodle's mom and dad arrive home safely from their trip and he sure was excited to see them! 

Bob picked Grandson Matt up from school and took him to his basketball game, so it has been very quiet around here this afternoon.  I got a couple of loads of laundry done today but that is about it.

SHIRLEY, Michele bought still pictures and videos of Kate's dances so I got to see it all, in spite of the internet. The cams in Colorado today may have only shown a total white out due to the horrible winds and snow we had today in many parts of the state.

JANE, I am sorry to read about Bucky's passing.  What a terrible shock this must have been for you.  I know he was a special guy that helped you out with your car problems and of course a friend to your children.  Prayers for Bucky's family and friends.

AMY, how precious that Winnie is.....thank you for sharing her picture.  I had to smile at her growling at Babe and Jesse!  How cute.

GLORIA, it sure is good to read that you are looking forward to your fav CNA coming!  How nice.

Dinner is over and we are going to settle in our rechargers and watch some TV. 

Have a good rest of your evening, EVERYFRIEND.

Jenny
Have a good evening.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

JaneS

I've had my pill and turned off all the lights and I'm ready to climb in bed. 

Thank you to those who understand about Bucky.  I might be the only person left who calls him "Bucky".  His father was Buck and he was and always will be Bucky to me.  He used to always grin when I called him that to his face!

AMY, the doggie is a cutie and also sounds like she's pretty brave for a pup!

JENNY, nice that you have the videos and pics of Kate to look at.  I bet she makes you proud!

I'm off to bed as soon as the pill begins to take effect.  I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy, healthy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Amy

a8fc560e-428e-4122-938c-62156fdb6179.jpgfresh start.jpg

Good morning everyone..

Our plans have changed ,we were going to go to the city on Wed but due to 6+ inches of snow coming we are going today.

Hope everyone has a great day..
Jimmy Dean