Random Image

baby hat

Owner:
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:16:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for February 15, 2020

Started by so_P_bubble, February 15, 2020, 01:30:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  And a special Good Morning, AMY!  Have a safe trip to the city and back. 

I'm up and  have my first load of laundry in the washer.  Unlike Amy, I'm not planning a trip to the city.  Where I live, it's very "country" and where I'm going it's even more country.  I'm going to one of my favorite places...Fairview Country Store.  And it's in the country even more so than where I live!  In the summer they have lots of fresh produce and plants but year round they have things no one else in the area carries...including the pretzel nuggets that my daughter loves. 

Now I have to tend to the laundry while we await the boinger for Mickie's breakfast...mine too!

I wish you all a lovely, healthy day!
Make it your own in every way!

And be sure to share it with all of us!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Shirley

I seem to be going in circles lately, my AT IT, disappeared, but I'm working on IT.

Jane, so sorry about your young friend, he is the one that keeps the car running, right? But more than that, he is part of those happy memories and so very hard to give up. Sincere sympathy to you and his family.

Amy, how could anyone NOT LOVE that face? I never thought of how cute a bloodhound could be when a pup, but must be where the term "hang dog" look came from. Funny how baby animals can show traits of adults and we love it. One time a neighbor had a huge box & invited me to have a look at what he found whem mowing a field... inside was the tiniest little coyote you ever saw, would have fit in one hand... and it had it's little head in the air giving that "coyote call" you've seen in western movies. Absolutely adorable. I was told they had contacted a place in CA that took in wildlife, sanctuary but probably also had animals used in movies, hoped to send it to them. I had never thought of what a bloodhound would look like as a baby, but that one is a cutie!

Jenny, every time I checked the Monarch Pass cam it was a "white out", until near dark when the road graders had the pass cleared. Always been told to never rush those roads, just wait for a minute and a grader would come along. They do a great job & I would think dangerous one. Glad you got to see the photos of "our" dancer, are you allowed to share online?

Tom & Callie went out, from what the news is saying, this is the high of the day & will have that horrible wind plus rain/snow mix through tomorrow. Tiger will want out later, but she likes to sleep in. All had their breakfast & plenty of dry food if they need a snack before their next meal. I haven't had my breakfast yet, not sure what I want to eat. Have a Terrific Tuesday.... it's out there but gotta find it!  Shirley

mycheal

https://www.raptorresource.org/birdcams/decorah-eagles/

Eagles are now very active at the nest,soon to lay.....
Know some are interested in them so give em' a view

Mary Ann

Don, it looked like there were a couple of eagles on the nest in Decorah.

I had a strange experience with Kendrick this morning and I did not know what to do.  As a result I did nothing and things seemed to resolve themselves, but I'm not sure of that.  About 5 or 6 in the morning he was at my bedside crying those small  weeping sounds cats make ad he cried for quite a while.  At first he was at the side of my bed, on the floor, and I coaxed him up on the bed.  Eventually he got up on the side of the bed, but still crying like a kitten.  I tried rubbing his side to relieve whatever pain he might  have and he quit crying.  It took a while before I felt free to move go where I could get to the phone to call Tom.  By that time it was 7:30 so both Tom and I got up.  The cat has been fine ever since.

This morning I got wired for sound.  The hospital and  Rehab had mentioned a monitor so I now have a necklace.  I will wear it constantly, even in the shower.  We will have to redo the top of a radio I have but there are things there that are not necessary.  I don't want to lose all of my decorative touches but we will find places for some.

I'm sleepy and I think I'll try for a nap.  On the other hand, I see someone is to behere at 12:30.  I still will lie down now.

Mary Ann

CallieOK

Good Tuesday to you, Everyfriend,

Mary Ann,  sounds as if you're getting "all fixed up" at home - although not 100% to your liking.  I suspect Kendrick is a bit confused with all the changes and hope everything settles down for both of you before too long.  Also hoping Tom's health improves.

Patricia, the two eagle eggs on the Oklahoma webcam were attacked by another eagle. One egg was destroyed and the other one was too badly damaged to hatch.  Now the nest is empty and I haven't seen an eagle there in several days.  :(

Jenny,  lots of Facebook pictures of the horrendous snow piling up in Leadville. Sons and childhood neighborhood friends are reminiscing about building tunnels in the front yard and sledding down the alley. I remember seeing #2 son and a friend pulling each other up as they "see-sawed" in snow up to their waists while walking home from school. Glad they have such good memories.  I don't miss it even a little bit!!

I've done my "outs and abouts" for the day and am now in - waiting for Shirley to send her weather down here later today.  Shirley, it would be fine with me if you shooed it in another direction!

I've shredded 5 big grocery sacks full of "file stuff" and have put another stack on the table to stare at me until I Do Something About It.

Wishing Everyfriend a Happy Shrove Tuesday.  Are you having pancakes?  ;) 

Shirley

Mary Ann, my guess is that Kendrick had a bad dream that you were gone again and needed to be reassured. Seriously, animals do have dreams and I expect that is his worst nightmare, that he couldn't find you. One thing to warn you about, he will probably stick like glue and you will have to watch when he gets underfoot. When Tom thinks he has been neglected (that Tiger gets more attention), he will be at my feet & I am having to be very careful not to trip over him. You have become his rock, so take care of yourself now!!!

Callie, we have drizzle & a tad heavier at times, so far no snow. My pool runnith over, should be pumped down but I don't want to call the pool man yet... he charges an arm & leg & will be having him open in a few more weeks. Could be a dumb choice, but dumb is as dumb does....We do need the moisture but Mother Nature could have spread it out a little.  >:(

I am plum-tuckered out. Got that bed put back together & went to the store, rewarded myself with the "Classic Meal Deal", Callie... they do make a great hamburgery & my favorite fries of all fast foods. Mudslide is in the freezer waiting until after my nap. I got 3 min shy of 7 hours of sleep last night so think this must just be a lazy streak. Maybe I can excuse me since I had several nights this past week of 3-4 hours sleep & the old body wants to make up for it.

Joy

I am doing better so they tell me.  Not sure I feel the same way  Just. Still very. Tired and weak.   Kept very busy with therapy. Have trouble typing on my kindle. Family went to look at assisted living  places today.  All I see is $$$$$$$ flying away.  But may have no other choice.  Very depressed feeling right now!  Have a good evening.
BIG BOX

Shirley

Joy, I'll tell you what a neighbor told me years ago, that "he wished he & his wife had gone into a retirement place when both were healthy enough to adjust to all the activities and learn how to navigate what was offered"... His wife was in full bed care and he was still mobile enough that he loved it. Only you should decide what YOU want and are willing to do, some people are truly happy being freed up from chores (and I do know some of those people) but also a down side, I'm sure. I'm sorry you are down in the dumps right now. Do you have friends in places they would recommend? My son & wife discovered different places have different meanings for the term "assisted". Her mother was paying for assisted but so much was not included (like handling medications, making sure they showed up for meals, etc)... Seems each service to assist had an added price to pay at that place. Maybe you can get strength back and not have to make that decision right now. Hugs to you, we are all dealing with the unknown as we age so it is good to be able to talk about it in here. Concentrate on getting stronger and any time you feel like screaming, come on in & we'll listen!

Amy

Joy, I fully agree with what Shirley said. The last word should come from you. I too could tell stories, not all happy ones either. Don't feel depressed as Shirley said come in here and talk it out. Shout Stamp your foot.....your good one and get it off your chest. We will be right along side doing it with you.

The trip to the city was perfect, no deer but pileated woodpecker, wild turkeys  and a crow with nesting material in his beak!! Sure signs of Spring around , then when I was looking out the kitchen window a dove was wanting to get cozy with another dove!! Think  :smitten:  is in the air.

I am going to put my feet up...not sure when the dance will begin tomorrow..

Enjoy your evening everyone..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Hello my friends!  I did accomplish something today.  I stripped the bed right down to the mattress, washed everything and remade the bed.  It's going to feel good to get into a nice clean bed tonight!

And I made the trip to Fairview Country Market and got Cindy's pretzel nuggets.  Now to send them to Texas.  She says Texas doesn't know what a good pretzel is!  So I have to keep her in pretzels.  She orders their favorite potato chips on line.  I guess Texas doesn't know what good potato chips are either.

JOY, it's good to see you're post and I'd like to add that SHIRLEY and AMY are right.  The decision is definitely yours to make.  Please don't get talked into something that you're not ready to do.

CALLIE, I'm glad SHIRLEY is sending her bad weather your way.  I get enough of AMY's handoffs. I sure don't need any of SHIREY's. 

It drizzled most of the day today but the temps were in the low 40s so it wasn't so bad.  Mickie and I even took 3 walks in the drizzle and we weren't very wet when we got home.  So I guess I'm ok with the drizzles.

I don't have to go anywhere tomorrow so I don't really care what it does tomorrow.  I do have some outside cleanup to do as soon as it's warm enough so I'm hoping for more warm weather. 

I'm going to go get my jammies on and watch one or two short shows on TV and then I'm going to hit the hay! So I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy, healthy tomorrow.  Ad may God bless us, every one!

Shirley

"May the Good Lord Bless and Keep You...."  What was the show or singer?  Driving me nuts with just that one phrase going through my head! I Googled & listening to Perry Como, but that isn't the one stuck in my head. Someone used it signing off their music show... had to be in the '40s.

Lloyd Hammond

I agree with concatenating,some are lucky Like me Have my spouse to lean on and it is not one sided. even tho I have to admit Nancy reaches out better at least some of the time than I do. Not the age that gets me,it is the hard miles with out sleep or little. back in particularity the trucking days. I some times went 4-5 days without sleep. Ma be part of the reason I do not sleep good now day's. well I am going to join Nancy now in bed.she is smart enough to go to bed at a reasonable time. I am now going to go take the sleeping aid ant get my bypap machine on an hope for a good response. see you all in the morning. good night and sweet dreams.

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

Shirley when I went to post it said someone was posting, it was you and that is ok, but reading your post shows me if you aren't careful you make people think you are older than you are. good night sweety.

Lloyd

Tomereader1

I think it was Roy Rogers, part of his theme song on his TV show.  Maybe/maybe not.

Denver

Coming in late.....but better late than never, right?

It was really cold and windy today.....I sure hope it will be better tomorrow. We have to be at Dave and Michele's before 8 AM as Michele has Chemo tomorrow and we are getting kiddos to school.  They are having their air ducts cleaned, so we will stay there all day while that is being done, Michele getting home and then picking up the children as needed. 

Bob's visit to the Physical Therapist went quite well.  They ruled out any serious condition, and treated him for BPPV  (benign paroxysmal positional vertigo).  This is what I suspected the issue to be, but it is best to go and find out for sure.  I had this really bad nearly 30 years ago.  They pretty much treat it with the same exercise I was treated with.  I tried to get Bob to do these, but it made his dizziness so bad it made him nauseous and he did not want to do them!  So we hope we are on the right road to recovery.

SHIRLEY, I know Red Skelton used to say something like that at the end of his show. 

AMY, good to read that your trip to and from the city was successful.    We had to drive nearly to downtown Denver today also.  Normally we take advantage of being there to eat at one of our favorite places, but today we just wanted to beat the traffic, so headed on home. 

MARY ANN, that certainly was strange the way Kendrick reacted during the night.  I think Shirley has a point as to why it happened.  I am happy to read that you are "wired up" now.  It is definitely a good thing to do, and hopefully it will help you to feel safer. 

JANE, washing all the bedding is a BIG job. I know it will be wonderful to climb in tonight and hopefully have a good night of rest.

JOY, I am sorry you are feeling depressed, but I think it is natural for you to feel this way after what happened and now the discussion of your ability to remain at home or go to a care home.  I hope your family will be thoughtful of your feelings regarding if YOU think it is time for you to make this move. 

We need to head off to bed so we can get up and be ready for our busy day tomorrow.

Pleasant dreams to all.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. it is 31ยบ and snow so light cumming down you can hardly see it. 36ยบ is supposed to be the high today. we wish you all a great day just as you like it. couch jockey for us today.

Lloyd

Gloria

Good morning everyone, sorry I did not make it yesterday. Woke late and had to rush for an appointment with the witch for my yearly evaluation. Got there 10 minutes early but she was interviewing a future tenant and didn't get into the office till 11:30. Got out of there just as my CNA got here. When she left the couch called me and I answered. Monday it was a sunny warm- 60- and I sure went out and sat on the porch with a few others enjoying it. Started raining late yesterday, at least I had a couple of days without much pain in my back.

JANE  hope the melatonin helped you finally get a good sleep. I sure know what it is like to be awake all night. I am so sorry about Bucky, I know you and your family will miss him. Hard when you have known someone when they were a friend of your son's.

AMY  I miss snow a lot this winter-it has been winter hasn't it? I remembered in 2011 we had a snorw fall every other day, ended with over 160 inches of it. My granddaughter took some pictures of it so looked for the folder and not have it as a slide show on this lemon. Huge icicles hanging in front of my windows. They reached the length of the windows to the roof of the porch downstairs.

SHIRLEY  yesterday I managed to have my breakfast before I had my meeting with the witch but didn't have time for coffee.

MARY ANN poor Kendrick, wonder if he was crying because he did not want you to go away again.

CALLIE  last week I shredded a big bag and that was about half of what I had. To me it is a boring job and I keep putting it off.

JOY  at times I wish I could afford assisted living. Getting harder for me to do much of anything. So glad to have the 2 hours 5 days a week from my CNA. One good  thing about having her back after the almost 5 months she was on sick leave, she likes to cook so at least I get one good meal a day besides my morning oatmeal. Right now just do as the doctor tells you and you will be better soon.

SHIRLEY  was it Red Skelton who signed off with - good night and God bless?

LLOYD  I know what it s like to ge only a few hours sleep but at times I get 7 or 8 hours and it feels wonderful.

JENNY  I just mentioned the Red Skelton sigh off to Shirley. 2 brains thinking the same thing?

Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  It's supposed to be another rainy day today but not supposed to start until around 1 pm. and with the temps in low and mid 40s it won't be as bad as that cold, dreary winter rain.

SHIRLEY, I agree with Tomereader.  Roy Rogers and Dale Evans sang that song at the close of every one of their shows!  I still watch that show sometimes.  It's a regular along with The Lone Ranger on one of my cable channels.

Today is a "nothing special" day except for one thing.  My daughter is flying off to Texas to visit her daughter in Houston.  I'll be nervous until she's safely on the ground.  She's supposed to let me know when she's there.  These cell phones do have their good points.

JENNY, my best wishes to MICHELE as she undergoes today's procedure.  God be with her and with all of you as you await the results.

MARY ANN, maybe Kendrick was just welcoming you home and telling you to stay there so he could be with you.  Ever since we lost Annie in November, Mickie has become my shadow.  And one day when I came home, I was still outside and I could hear her actually crying!  I'm wondering if she thought she was all alone!  It only happened once and that was almost two months after we lost Annie. 

It's almost time for the boinger so I better close this and say...

I wish you all a happy, healthy day!
Make it your own in every way!

And don't forget to share it with your friends!

Amy

1b87a81b-8454-44e5-9291-8b872de807f5.jpg  bird feeder.jpg

Good morning everyone...

I didn't wake up to Cardinals but crows hollering for their breakfast, non stop!!
I see the snow has started, not much but 15 to 20 inches on its way. Will deal with it when it all gets here.

Jane, more snow on the way  here...and we have winds now to.

Gloria,we have been so lucky this year with the snow fall. Other years we have had to clean up snow every few days it seemed. This year we have had to deal with a lot of ice and I would rather have the snow.

Shirley, that little pup was so sweet and any time my friends daughter is back for a visit they are going to stop in with the pup.

Jenny prayers always for Michele.

Need to get going.. will bbl

Enjoy your day everyone..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Lloyd Hammond

good Morning everyone. well I took two pills and my shot and went to bed about seven hours sleep I feel pretty good this AM. we got just enough of AMY's snow to coat the deck still 31ยบ and cloudy. predicting more today and night, but then get warmer and sun by the week end. have a good day see you all later.

Lloyd

Shirley

I've listened to so many U-tube versions of "May the Good Lord Bless and Keep You"... but not the one that I keep hearing in my head! Funny that it didn't impress me all those years ago but seems so sweet now. My daughter never missed Roy Roger's show, I loved Red Skelton and his "Good Night and God Bless".... or Perry Como Show. I do recall TV was not so much for looking as listening... all that snow & trying to aim those rabbit ears the right direction. We had a little TV that would go off & had to take the knob off & tap the metal part with the silver Ronson table lighter (remember those?) that we bought at the PX when stationed in England. I gave that lighter to my daughter years ago, as a keepsake. She remembered the routine. The lighter had dents on the bottom from those taps. Cigarettes were 10 cents a pack at the PX back then. I quit when she turned 13 so she wouldn't smoke, but Cas smoked for another 20-30 years. I don't know anyone that smokes anymore. My father smoked all my life, never quit until in a nursing home & they didn't allow patients to have matches or lighters, and he didn't want to sit outside to smoke! He lived to 95 and never had that cough so many had.

It is clear & cold this morning. Some areas had snow yesterday but I never saw any. It rained and the pool is full to the top so will have to do something about that. Have a lot of jobs lined up to do but not the drive to get 'em done!

Amy, that cardinal would be yelling at my feeder for sure. I no more than fill and look out the window & see a squirrel pigging out. Feeder hangs on a shepherd's hook but there is a brick part of fence close enough the squirrels can jump from it to the feeder. In the summer when cats are out squirrels don't come around as much. Cute card.

Hugs and prayers for all, stressful times and I do think our bodies react to people not being jovial, don't you? Thanks for all the tips of who the singer was. I never found the right version of Roy Rogers... but not ready to give up yet.

Good morning to you & Nancy, Lloyd. I don't often get 6 hours sleep but do get a nap when less than 6. Looks cloudy again, had sun coming up a little while ago.

phyllis

We have had a very thick fog this morning but it is beginning to clear a little bit. Supposed to have rain again this afternoon just about the time I have a dental appointment.  I'm feeling very "put upon" right now.  grumble, grumble 

I can't believe today is Ash Wednesday.  After longing for Spring it appears to be happening, after all.

Joy, I know how you are feeling and am sharing your worries with you.  And, it is so hard to go against what the family wants.  They are worried about you but sometimes they don't understand the things that are concerning or worrisome to you.  I just read an article about my town being one of two best towns in NC to live in....if you are rich.  And, I am not!  It seems that everyday some big developer is building Retirement communities or Assisted Living facilities here and all of them have astronomical fees.  Right now I am lucky to have son, David, here but as time goes on and I need more personal assistance.....what to do?  I suppose all questions will be answered in one way or another but there are times when I get discouraged, too.  Please don't be shy about sharing your concerns with us.

I must get some breakfast and get on with my day.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Mary Ann

Well, this one's on me and not Kendrick.  I heard  the sound again this morning and the cat was not near me and I realized I was wheezing.   The sound was very constant and I am sure it was I who was making the noise.  The best idea I had of those submitted was that he had a bad dream and came to me to be sure I was still there!

It looks like another dreary day today but it isn't March yet, is it?

I am enjoying my "new" room and last evening four of us were in it.  It has enough chairs but they are not comfortable to sit for long.

Time for breakfast.

Mary Ann

JaneS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0N5IP528Jw  SHIRLEY, I had a sudden flash and checked my CD's.  I don't know if this will work because I've never done this before but I'll try it myself after I post it!

JaneS

It worked!  See if this is who you remember.  This is my all time favorite version of this hymn done by one of my all time favorite singers and he had a TV show in the 50s.

Shirley

That's it, Janie! I have tears in my eyes that you found it!!! Thank you so much! It is playing as I type and every word & sound comes back just as I remembered. I forgot that he had a show back in the old days! I will bookmark to hear again & again.

Mary Ann, that is so funny you heard the sound again this morning. I do understand since CallieCat has been laying in one of the cat beds behind this computer chair... and she snores so loud I had to stop breathing first time I heard her, to make sure is wasn't ME making that sound.

Phyllis & Joy (and everyone else), I don't have the dread of assisted living that some people have because I figure every patient in there is in the same boat, so time to help each other be happy or else change what makes us unhappy. I do hope we can all find a "forever" place and caring people that will help us through that stage of life.

My grandmother was in her 90s when she made the comment to me that "when someone didn't KNOW where they were it was easier for them, but help the ones with clear minds as they learn to accept". So true. It was very considerate of her children to keep her house intact until after she died, and now and then one of them would would take her "home" for a visit. Not sure with taxes, utilities & maintenance most families could afford to do that with cost of assisted living now.

JaneS

Just for the record, Roy Rogers and Dale Evans close their show with "Happy Trails to You".  But I have a CD of theirs that has them singing "May the Good Lord Bless and Keep You".  They do a god job with it but no one compares to Tennessee Ernie Ford!

angelface555

Amy

Jimmy Dean

Radioman34

I am back in circulation again after 10 days in the hospital and considerable time in rehab. Life is never dull is it. I was hospitalised with the flu which I caught a few days after the flu shot, and rehab was to help regain my strength, although that is still a work in progresss.