Random Image

Fe 2 months

Owner: Sandy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

July 07, 2020, 01:59:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Jun 10 2020 4:09pm
Denver: Television

Jun 01 2020 8:12am
mycheal:  ;D

May 27 2020 8:28pm
Astro: Oldiesman:  Much better.  Thank you!

May 26 2020 1:21am
Oldiesmann: Should be fixed now. Thanks for bringing it to my attention :)

May 26 2020 1:08am
Oldiesmann: I must not have set the permissions correctly for that board when I set the site up again a few years ago (long story - there was a server crash years ago and no backup, so we had to start over from scratch). I'll fix it soon.

May 25 2020 6:09pm
Astro:   feel free to start a topic here. Any duplicated topics may be merged together so we don't have two topics of similar nature.  Has that been eliminated?

May 25 2020 6:07pm
Astro: Oldiesmann:  I'm not  trying to beat a dead horse here, but if you scan down this psge, you'll see  the following:   General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board. If you don't think a topic is being talked about elsewher

May 22 2020 2:46pm
brian: never   many  in chatroom here------  poor  showing

May 14 2020 9:29pm
JeanneP: Brownies.

May 11 2020 1:02pm
Oldiesmann: I don't think we allow regular members to start new topics in most of the boards here

What's for dinner? 2020

Started by so_P_bubble, February 18, 2020, 04:59:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JeanneP

His does sound good. Never though of Horseradish in ML. could you taste it?
I made a quick run to Aldi this morning  at about 9am. it is just across the street. Only about 4 people in at that time. Will remember that. Place does get busy.

Time to make a good beef stew. Sound hot but that is what I feel I want. Had to pay $9.95 a lb for stew beef this morning. its Prime though so will just use half if it for now. Make enough for 2 meals.  Made some broc. cream soup for lunch. I made that last night. usually have it with a slice of home made Pizza but I am out of that.
Son in Law came to town to do my yard yesterday. He does a great job but just has to get  going back home. This time i made him sit for half hour on the porch with a big glass of ice water and half a pizza that I had from the day before. Got him sitting for 45 min. Amazing for him. He and daughter eat everything out or phone ordered. So anytime I can feed him home food I try to do it. He just does so much for anyone who wants something doing since he retired. Since my yard man passed this year he wants to come 35 miles to do mine. Will not take a no from me.
By the way on my yard man. He passed now 10 days ago. Going to be cremated and family told me it will be close to 5 months before it can be done. They are so backed up that hv. 3 cold truck containers running with bodies stored in them. Trucks that usual transport veg and stuff from Mexico. Hard to believe how things are. They say even longer in New York and Chicago. And people still will go around in crowds without a Mask on.
JeanneP

angelface555

You didn't taste the horseradish except it ramped the flavor a bit if that makes sense? I use several types of hot sauces so I probably wouldn't have noticed it anyway. He had typed out copies for guests so I will be able to make it on my own.

Raul's real specialty is grilled foods and or fish. He makes a number of his special sauces and fish dishes that are always good.

JeanneP

STOVETOP STUFFING MEATLOAF
This is pretty much the BEST meatloaf you'll ever have!
Ingredients
1 package of Stove Top stuffing (use any one of your favorite flavors, I prefer chicken but savory herb is good too!)
1 cup of hot water
2 packages brown gravy mix (one for inside the meatloaf and one for on top)
1.5 lbs ground beef
1 cup cold water
2 large eggs, beaten
Instructions
In a medium sized bowl add stuffing mix and 1 cup of hot water.
Let the stuffing sit for 5 minutes
Meanwhile, in another medium sized bowl mix 1 package of brown gravy mix with 1 cup cold water.
Add in ground beef and egg, mix well (this is easiest to do with your hands, gross, I know)
After the stuffing has sat for 5 minutes, incorporate the stuffing mix into the ground beef mixture.
Grease a bundt pan with non stick spray and then press the ground beef mixture into the pan
Bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes or until no longer pink inside
Once baked, let rest for 5 minutes or so and then invert onto a plate
Serve with mashed potatoes and brown gravy in the center of the meatloaf
JeanneP

JeanneP

Brussels Sprouts in Garlic Butter
Ingredients
        15 Brussels sprouts, halved lengthwise
        1 1/2 tablespoons butter
        1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
        3 cloves garlic, smashed with the flat of a knife
        freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
        salt and pepper
Directions
    Melt butter and olive oil in a medium skillet (over medium-high heat) until butter is foamy.
    Reduce heat to medium, add smashed garlic and cook until lightly browned.
    Remove garlic and discard.
    Add sprouts cut side down, cover, and cook without stirring on medium-low heat 10-15 minutes or until tender when pierced with a knife.
    The cut side of the sprouts should get nice and browned, with a nutty, buttery flavor enhanced by garlic.
    Top with freshly grated parmesan and salt& pepper to taste.
Courtesy of www.food.com
JeanneP

Tomereader1

June 28, 2020, 07:39:25 pm #124 Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 07:43:02 pm by Tomereader1
Greek Zoodle Salad:
2 Zucchini
1/4 English cucumber, chopped
10 cherry tomatoes, halved
10 pitted Kalamata olives, halved (more to taste)
1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion

2 ounces crumbled reduced fat Feta cheese
2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
2 TBS fresh lemon juice  (to my taste, I'd used a little less)
1 TSP dried oregano
salt & ground black pepper to taste

Cut zucchini into noodle shaped strands, utilizing a spiralizing tool.  Place noodles in large bowl & top with cucumber, tomatoes, olives, onions and Feta cheese.
Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt & pepper together until smooth, pour over zoodle mixture and toss to coat.  Marinate salad in refrigerator for 10 to 15 minutes.

So delicious!  Enjoy.
*this recipe is available on Allrecipes.com

JeanneP

Cheese Burger Casserole

Ingredients:
1-1/2; pounds ground beef
1 (3-ounce) package real bacon bits
2 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
1 (32-ounce) package frozen tater tots
1 (10.75-ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
2 cups sour cream
Bread and butter pickles, for topping
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
In a large pan, brown ground beef, then drain any excess grease.
Mix browned beef, bacon, cheese, tater tots, cheese soup, and sour cream in a large mixing bowl until well-combined.
Evenly spread mixture into baking dish, then bake 45-50 minutes, or until bubbly.
Serve immediately with pickles, if desired. Enjoy!
JeanneP

JeanneP

I cut in half. Use Yogurt instead of Sour Cream because i alway have it in fridge. Its easy and I freeze for quick lunches.
JeanneP

JeanneP

CROCKPOT ORANGE CHICKEN

Ingredients:
2 large carrots, peeled and sliced about 1/2-inch thick
2 large red or green bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
3 cloves garlic, finely minced
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
8 ounces orange juice concentrate
2 cups Mandarin orange segments or fresh orange segments
2 Green onions, chopped
hot cooked rice

Directions:
Put carrots, peppers, garlic, then the chicken, ginger, salt, pepper & frozen orange juice in Crockpot. Cover and cook on LOW 4 to 6 hours. Serve chicken on hot cooked rice on platter. Top with orange segments and green onions. Serve chicken liquid in gravy boat, if desired.
JeanneP

angelface555

July 02, 2020, 03:30:53 pm #128 Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 03:36:42 pm by angelface555
Easy Corn Relish from Real Simple Magazine

Hands-On Time
10 Mins
Total Time
1 Hour 10 Mins
Yield
Serves 6

"Frozen corn is a must-have freezer staple. The golden kernels can upgrade just about any dish, and they take center stage in this crowd-pleasing condiment. Along with corn, the recipe includes red onion, bell pepper, and mustard seeds for deep savory flavor, and there's enough sugar in the mix to round out the tart apple cider vinegar. Serve on a cheese plate, dolloped on a grilled fish taco, or spooned over seared pork chops."

Ingredients
3 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed (from 1 [14.4-oz.] bag)
1 cup thinly sliced red onion (from 1 small onion)
½ cup finely chopped red bell pepper (from 1 bell pepper)
1 tablespoon mustard seeds
 1 cup apple cider vinegar
 ⅓ cup granulated sugar
 2 tablespoons canola oil
1 tablespoon kosher salt

How to Make It
Step 1
Place corn, onion, pepper, and mustard seeds in a medium heatproof bowl.

Step 2
Bring vinegar, sugar, oil, and salt to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Immediately pour over corn mixture. Let cool to room temperature. Transfer to resealable jars or containers and refrigerate up to 2 weeks.

angelface555

Single Crust Peach Pie

3/4 cup white sugar
1/3 cup all purpose flour
6 fresh peaches-pitted, skinned, and sliced
2 tablespoons butter, softened
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
9 inch single pie crust

1. Cream sugar and butter or margarine together. Add four and nutmeg; mix until mealy. Spread 1/2 of mixture in piecrust. Arrange peaches on top of crumb mixture. Sprinkle remainder of crumb mixture on top of peaches.

2.  Bake at 450 degrees F(175 C) for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F(175 degrees C). Continue baking for 40 minutes or until brown.

3.  Serve immediately with ice cream 🥟😋