Random Image

fee

Owner: Sandy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 12:16:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for March 1, 2020

Started by so_P_bubble, March 01, 2020, 02:23:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amy

Jane Happy Birthday to Cathy!!!

Shirley, don't you wish we were  waited on like our animals...talk about well loved. People will tell me we spoil our pets and I just say nope..just well loved.

Snow banks are going down again today. LOTS of water getting away too.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Sandy

Good Afternoon
from the pleasantly mild rocky
coast of Maine.... 

Just for chuckles, let me tell
you what happened... 

Yesterday my good friend Vicky
called to ask me what was
going on with her shows on
MSNBC...  "All day they had
been messed up..." 

Well I laugh and laugh at her
and asked, "Vicki, did you
turn your clocks ahead"??  ...
Well it turns out that she
hadn't.... and so her shows
were off an hour and she kept
missing things.   

Today is the day that Kelly is
to pick me up in the morning
and for me to get my blood tested
for INR  ( because I take coumadin)

Well,  I woke up this morning to a
phone call.... Kelly was down stairs
waiting and worrying for me.   

I had overslept and only woke
up with the phone call... 
Kelly got very worried
because I am always on time, if
not a few minutes early .. And
she couldn't reach me... 

Well,  I called Vicky this after noon
and told her what happened .  That both of
us got very screwed up because of the
time change.....  And I laughed at her,
but she got the last laugh today ....

My oh my...   That will teach me to
kid someone when something silly happens... 

So that is how my days have gone... 
Pretty pathetic.   

Kelly and I are getting keys ready
for her to have a set of keys available
so she can get in and check on me. 

Looks like the lazy, crazy hazy days
of Summer are on the way!! 

Hooray!
Sandy
 :knuppel2:

Oh I also ordered me an
alarm clock,  so this doesn't
happen again!!

(I have never had to use alarm clocks..
even when I worked and had to be
to work by 7 AM...  My body just
wakes up ..  (or use to!!!  )
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Shirley

Sandy, that is just too funny! I was concerned enough this year that I asked my son to call Sunday morning to make sure my body clock woke me at the right time. Was so worried about it I woke up like 2:00 or 3:00 afraid to go back to sleep. Like you, I never used an alarm and finally gave up on the radio alarms. They were all to the stage I couldn't get them to set. My husband used them every day, even years after he retired. At least "they" are talking about it being crazy to change times, if people want to get up earlier all then need to is set their own clocks!  I had keys made for all 3 of my kids, for the same reason. I had been leaving one in the garage so they could get into the house, but figured it better if they each had one on their own key rings.

Amy, not sure what it is with these cats, but they are getting awful about wanting their food presented to them any where they sit. They just don't mind like a dog!  :tickedoff:  ::)

I may not make it back again tonight, phone calls from cousins that can't make it to the funeral, most don't do highway driving anymore. Since we've all (my siblings & I) made it to most of their parents or siblings funerals, they do feel bad, but my sister and I understand. I need to call my husband's brother since his birthday is the day before the funeral & my husband's the day after, and I have been calling him the day between ever since Cas died. I have to leave the house by 6:00 am to get to the funeral on time and it will be about dark when I get back, so I doubt I will remember to make a phone call that day. Thinking out loud again.

Sandy

I am so sorry Shirley.  I know
how difficult this is for you...

My thoughts are with you.
Sandy

― Carl Sagan

Lloyd Hammond

well good morning everyone. another sleep short night Here. things are not working as they should. on S f so I will bale out and try again later. too early anyway.

Lloyd

Gloria

Good morning everyone, 45 already at 5:10am. Could get used to this in mid March. I keep waiting for an old time winter. I remember one St. Patrick's day waking to 18 inches of fresh snow. A SIL was having a birthday party for one of her daughters and it got postponed till roads were opened again. No plows back then like today. They only had a couple in this town and 2 men in the back of the truck shoveling sand out onto the roads.

AMY  like the I feel pretty, silly dog. We have liquid sunshine in forecast for Friday but we have no snow to melt. When we had the 72 on Monday it brought some here outside andsaw a few I had not seen all winter. I do try to get out a little while every day unless raining or too cold for me.

JANE  every once in awhile I pu t a picture of my 3 on the monitor for wallpaper and hard to believe they were so cute at that age.
They are still good looking and good people.

PHYLLIS  no lawn mowing here yet. Expect to see the landscapers here soon, though.

JANE  after breakfast yesterday I had a nap and when my CNA left at 2 I had another one, woke in time to have my Skype with my 67 year old baby. My oldest son and DIL have stayed home in self imposed isolation after their cruise and plane trips. With all this Corand virus they though they would be careful for  that 14 days. He has been calling me and that helps me. My younger son is here every Saturday morning and I do look forard to that every week. My SIL is doing great after his surgery. He has been doing a lot of walking inside and outside. He is not one to sit still for long anyway.

SHIRLEY  I do not trust this warm temperatures we have had this week, keep waiting to wake up in the deep freeze.

LLOYD  nice I am not the early poster this morning. You beat me about 3 hours. Time for my second cup of coffee.

Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Amy

ad44f4b8-aad9-47be-9911-3c8d75f0681c.jpgWed Good Morning.jpg

Good morning everyone..

Another fine day in the making, now if just a wee bit of heat to it. Making this quick as we are off to the city to do a few things.
Enjoy your day everyone..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Lloyd Hammond

Gloria I would rather have good sleep than be first one to post. Nancy went to the doctor yesterday and he told her to slow down on the intake of coffee, just limit her self to two cups per day. and not the over size one's. just the eight OZ size one. so just sip it with short sips and enjoy it if you can. I love the smell of coffee,especially the spew out of a first smell out of a fresh opened can, you know when you pierce the new can. but one sip upsets my stomach big time. some people say the caffeine, but no I used to have a can of mountain dew in my hand or in reach all day,lots more caffeine in it than coffee ever thought about and never upset my stomach. Have a great day.

Lloyd

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I see I neglected to say "good night" last night.  I was really tired and ready to sleep and I just plain forgot there were nice people out there.

I woke up to 32º this morning and it's going up to the low 50s with sunshine by noon.  I can take that!

I have a drs. appt. this morning and Frankie is due for some blood work at the same place and then we both have some errands to do in the same area so we'll do that and maybe have lunch before we come home. 

Cathy's birthday party was fun last night.  They also invited Frankie and it was a very pleasant evening.  She informed me that she's not 62.  She's 63 and I really knew that.  But I told her I was giving her a bit of an edge.  She could be a year younger around me if she wanted to.  She agreed that was fine.

LLOYD, I don't know what Nancy's problem is but I do know that caffeine is one of the things that helps to raise our blood pressure.  After all these years of putting caffeine in my system, I've switched to caffeine free coffee and it showed immediate results.  And I never missed it!

I guess I better get moving.  Mickie says there's something out there and she's ready to go see what it is...even before breakfast.  I better get my clothes on because I'm sure she'll be ready right after breakfast and that means a walk.

I hope you all have a healthy, happy day.  Make it your own in every way.  And be sure to share it with us.

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Amy

We had a good drive to the city, saw one deer grazing  but that was it. Went to Costco and oh my did the bathroom tissue walk out of there...folks had their buggy full!! This virus is sure causing a scare. I did look for hand sanitizer but there was none to be found at WalMart or Shoppers Drug Mart. Good ol soap and water will also do the trick.

Gloria although it was a nice sunny day it was cold. We did have a bit of snow on our way home though. I did see my first robin of the year and hope to see a lot more here!!

Lloyd, I am like you, I love the smell of coffee but can't drink it so stick to tea. Love the smell of oranges and juice but can't eat or  drink that either. Don't know what I will do if I can't eat chocolate :))

Shirley, dogs mind?? Someone forgot to tell this pup that flies through the air and lands on my lap when he comes in from outside.

Sandy, how are your flowers doing? Have you ever woke up at 7pm thinking it is 7am the next morning?  After a tiring day   we laid down for a bit after supper but woke at 7pm thinking it was the next day. A phone call to a neighbour straightened us out :))

Jimmy Dean

JaneS

AMY, was your robin on the wing or sitting?  If it was sitting, Spring is on the way.  If it was in flight, Spring is still a long way off.

Had my visit with the Dr. this morning and she approved the better blood pressure readings but still decided to increae the medication.  I'm going to continue the natural stuff and the food that is supposed to help lower the pressure and see what happens next.  I have to go back in 2 weeks for a check up!

I did a few more errands while I was out and then Mickie and I had a walk and lunch and a nap this afternoon.  We're just a couple of sluggards.  All I want is more nice weather.  It was kind of cold today but is supposed to be in the low 60s tomorrow.

I hope everyone who has not appeared in the SS is so busy having a lovely day that they just plain didn't have time to come by. 

Shirley

I read back through the posts I can see on this screen, & see it was 7:30 last night when I checked in. Sure thought I came in to whine about how hard I worked today. I picked up 2 huge bags of leaves plus filled the empty dumpster totally full of leaves, AGAIN. I don't have any trees that drop these leaves, they blow in from all directions & stick on the front sidewalk to the driveway. this is either 3rd or 4th time I've picked up about the same amount this season and only this one patch from front door to driveway. Ain't fair! Fitbit shot off fireworks because I got in all my steps for a change, I'm sure did me good but had less than 5 hours sleep last night and no nap so am heading to bed soon.

I am so angry, the trip I made to the store today came up with the vehicle speed in big letters on dash, coverend up with the warning to get oil changed SOON! I see it better than watching the speedometer, so a real handicap. I called the dealer when it showed 6% oil left, a week or so ago, I had oil changed the last of Jan & it doesn't get many miles per year (23,400 for almost 7 years)... and last time they changed it they messed with the reset button & it kept showing the "check engine light" so had to take it back that time & service kid couldn't get it turned off & said he thought I'd probably need a whole new unit... so had my son turn it off (he worked as a mechanic when going through college, has all the tools & know how)... I'm starting to wonder if the dealer is not the best place to get service... I am really a grouch tonight.

I've had this going for an hour or so, calls from the kids, fed cats & let them back outside. It is time for this old girl to get some zzzzzzzzzzss.  Sweett dreams to all and God Bless.

Lloyd Hammond

I got interested a show all about heartage farms and pulling horses and time got away from me. so I am late bidding you all good night and sweet dreams, so I most likely will sleep in late this morning as I have ran over into today already.most likely will be mid morning before I get back at it. Good night and sweet dreams this morning.

Lloyd

Denver

A quick late night HELLO.

SORRY I have not been in to post.....no excuse!  Shame on me!

Michele had her 3rd round of chemo today.  He blood work was much better this time, but she is still at a very high risk for getting anything, and with the Corona Virus being ramped she really is having to be careful where she goes. 

We are all very concerned about this virus and are making sure we are washing our hands good and trying to stay away from large crowds.  The COSTCO TP issue is alive and well here also AMY.  One son was there before the store opened.....this is his norm, and he said he was nearly run over by the folks there to get the TP!  Why they are not limiting one package 3 or 4 huge packages per shopper is beyond me.  There is no need to hoard it that much! 

I wish you all a pleasant night of rest. 

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Gloria

Good morning everyone, after the warm mornings we have had it is 33 now at 4:30. Going to be a cloudy day and rain tomorrow. My time out in the sunshine will be gone till it gets warm again.

LLOYD  the only time I could not even take the smell of coffee is when I was carrying my sons. After they were born I could drink coffee again. Never more than 2 cups in the morning. not too strong either.

JANE  yesterday was laundry day so nothing exciting. After breakfast I had a nap and again when my CNA left. Seems like I am getting too many naps lately. Something to talk to doctor about when I see her April 1st.

AMY  I used to love oranges but now the acid in them gets to me, never cared much for juice. I have fallen asleep in the afternoon and woke in the dark, thought it was early morning but was 8 at night. Funny feeling.

SHIRLEY  I think your eighbors should help you clean those leaves that come from their trees. Bet if you asked them to they would get mad.

JENNY  we got a notice here from the CDC. Only paces we can go on the main floor is the laundry and the mail room. All games and plans have been canceled in all the building like this, since elderly are more susceptible. This is for 2 weeks.There was a dinner of corned beef and cabbage set for the 17th and had to be cancelled. The meat could be put in the freezer in the community kitchen and they are hoping the vegetables stay fresh.

MY CNA loves shopping, loves coupons and sales. She is well stocked at her house. She checked all my supplies yesterday. Only things I am short of is paper napkins, tissues and paper towels.

Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Shirley

Good morning. I've been up since 4:00 am so think I will take a nap before dressing. Tom & Callie wouldn't eat their breakfast, wanted outside, Tiger is still sleeping downstairs. They are worse than raising teen age boys, think back... always having to keep track of them and could never get them filled up.  ::)

You are right, Gloria, neighbors would never believe their leaves blew away, they paid a yard service to pick up once a year! Too bad the trees didn't know about a deadline & keep dropping those leaves all through the winter. I didn't know some trees didn't lose leaves all at once, but they don't. I discovered I can eat oranges only when they are picked fairly ripe. If too green my tongue will get blisters on it with first bite.. taste like metal. Think that is why I can't drink juice, they aren't ripe enough.

Weather guessers calling for snow Sat morning, still not looking like a hard freeze so maybe all the little buds & sprouts can survive. We have had some of our deepest snows this time of year so a wait & see. Could be an interesting drive to KC! Have Lysol & Clorox wipes already in the car & even have some Pampers wipes (they aren't so hard on hands & steering wheel) to use part time. For sure not a good time to travel, but we will do what we can. My youngest son will come ride & help drive with me, other son & wife will go in their car. None of us have the big old cars that could hold 6 people & all their coats in comfort... have campers & RVs but don't want them for this kind of trip. Everyone has the little sporty SUVs for town driving. Such is the way of life nowdays. Not bad, just different than when we grew up.

Going back for those extra zzzzzzzzzzzzs. Less than 5 hours sleep, same as yesterday, and I did NOT get a nap yesterday.

Amy

2c8383b4-f8ca-442d-900b-c0b7767ba715.jpg

Good morning everyone..

Shirley when I saw this I thought of you. :)

Working around home this morning...

Safe travels for you Shirley.

Gloria, sounds like your CNA is a keeper to see that you are fine on those items.

Jane, the robin was on the ground so I hope Spring is here.

Enjoy your day everyone.
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  It's 39º right now and heading for a high of 55 and cloudy.  This would be a good day for me to go do errands but I only have one waiting and I can't do it until Monday or Tuesday.  Oh well! That's life!

SHIRLEY, Most of the leaves in my driveway and plastered to my fence, come from up the street.  I only have one tree left and it pretty much sheds inside my fence.  I always tell friends that living on a dead end is good except for the leaves.  They tend to "dead end" here too!

That's one of the jobs waiting for my attention.  I have to start cleaning up the winter's worth of leaves!  Not one of my favorite jobs.  When I moved here, I had 2 grandchildren who loved to "help Grammy".  Now one of them is married and living in Texas and the other one is in a  "committed" relationship and living in Philadephia.  So the job is mine!

I hope you all have a lovely, healthy day!  And I hope we hear from JOY!

phyllis

A cloudy morning here but not cold.  David will go to the grocery store today.  Hopefully not too many shelves will be bare.  We need some paper goods...just the normal supply...and some canned vegetables for the pantry.  Schwan's will be here this afternoon to restock the freezer for the month.

Two more cases of C. virus in the county, it's worrisome but people are still being sensible about it.  Being cautious, some events have been canceled, a couple of private schools have shut down, people are stocking up but I don't think anyone is hoarding as yet.

We are the "dead end" of a cul-de-sac, too, so also get everyone else's leaves.  David keeps the front yard clear but around the ornamental shrubs on the sides of the house the leaves are considered "mulch".   ::)

Take care, All.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone.It is 8:36 A M here now and light rain I just Ben up a few minutes. am fully dressed except stockens and shoes. my stomach thinks  my trought has been cut. Have a great day.

Lloyd

Cottoncandy

Ha Ha..Lloyd....brought back a sweet memory ....my husband used to say that...Candy

Joy

Keep losing my message.  I am doing good.  NO restrictions. From surgeon's visit.  Don't have to go back .  No visitors allowed here where I am. Lots of places  closed.  Want to get this posted.   Have a good day !    Joy
BIG BOX

Amy

A bit of yard work done plus we went to town to pick up hubby's meds. Going to go sew this afternoon.
37c8f3b6-4e0d-4337-be7a-474c6b19d1ca.jpg
Jimmy Dean

Shirley

Haha, Phyllis, I always called those leave that hang out with the rose bush & lilies "mulch" as well. After removing yesterday there is a cluster of the miniature jonquils blooming this morning.

Love your ear rings, Amy, and still giggling at the cat! How true it is~~~  :thumbup:  I don't understand why people are grabbing all the paper products, can see why the wipes, sanitizers & masks. My sons tell me the "back woods" type dry food packages are completely sold out. They were going to stock up for the trip to CO, some times we go up the trails & have a picnic. If this keeps up the US may have to learn how to produce our own necessaries, you think? 

Lloyd, I'm about to have my 2nd breakfast, or maybe early lunch. I hard boiled 8 eggs (all that pan will hold) & had 2 about 5:00 am, so ready for more fuel for this old body. I love to eat.

Jane, sure wish I could find a handy man that didn't think every little job was worth $100 an hour. I can't get anyone interested at $20 an hour. Young yard guy charges $40 & takes him & his buddy about 15-20 min to do all they do, racing the riding mower around & weed whipping my little trees. Still the best I can find even willing to work. Back in the day we got 25¢ an hour to watch 3 or 4 kids and do a sink full of dishes at the same time. Ah, well, we need the exercise, right?

Joy, glad you are doing well. Alarming how fast this virus is traveling. I am concerned about going through the drive thru since no guarantee the food handlers are not carrying germs. Do have to go get the groceries I didn't get yesterday & fill up the car with gas. I know where to make gas stops for the RV but only had this car on the highway once or twice in 7 years, not sure how many miles it really will go on a tank full. It tells me if I remember to look. I never learn how to use all the gadgets until time to get rid of a car!

Better move on. Nearly noon & jobs to do before I get a nap. I NEED a nap!

Gloria, I have the sliding door open for a while & the knees are telling me we have a change of weather, is that true? Weather guessers saying rain & cold front moving down. Am a little worried since our biggest snows are this season... hurry up rain & tornado season, huh?

Sandy

Sandy, how are your flowers doing? Have you ever woke up at 7pm thinking it is 7am the next morning?  After a tiring day   we laid down for a bit after supper but woke at 7pm thinking it was the next day. A phone call to a neighbour straightened us out
:))   

Amy
My flowers are doing great!!   
The sun is shinning in my
Windows for longer each day
which really helps.   And my
daughter Kelly checks them out
to  make sure I am taking
care of them    :knuppel2:

She is pleased with what I am doing.

I don't normally ever sleep
during the day these days,
but I can remember years
ago having that experience
and it was very discombobulating. 

Over sleeping was also discombobulating
...  My new alarm clock arrived
today and it is going to be
a big help so I never (hopefully)
over sleep again.. 

All is well !
Sandy

― Carl Sagan

Tomereader1

Shirley, I am another one who can't figure why people are stocking up on toilet paper???  Masks, hand sanitizer, soap, food, yes.  TP, not so much.  I mean, it's not an intestinal virus where you'd need rolls and rolls of TP ::)

JaneS

I made a quick trip to WM today and one of the things on my list was TP because I'm getting low.  When I turned into the paper goods aisle, I went into shock!  It was almost totally empty and the TP area was totally empty.  Frankie works at one of the big grocery stores and she was telling us Monday night about how the TP was moving out of her store and how people were stocking up on other items too.  We decided that they are thinking a sort of quarantine might be coming.  I think we just need to be conscious of what we do and where we go.  Some people just don't think!

I bought an extra pack of cheap, thin napkins just in case.

The only place I have to go tomorrow is the drug store and the UPS store. I hope I can get moving in the morning and be done with that because I really want to do some yard cleanup in the afternoon if it doesn't rain.  It's supposed to rain overnight but finish by mid morning. 

JOY, good news from you.  Take it easy and build your strength. You have plenty of time.

I'm going to try to make it to bed early tonight so I'll wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy, healthy tomorrow!  And may God bless us, every one!

Shirley

Tome, not sure what is going on but I keep avoiding going to the store for the whole list I made up yesterday but a must do tomorrow to gas up the car. I am struggling to keep from taking the whole house like when going in the RV, this little Encore doesn't even have room in the front to put my purse when someone is riding with me. I usually keep a roll of paper towels, box of Kleenex, munchies & a camera in reaching distance, along with those sun screens that just rub on the windows. Ah, well... just hope the weather cooperates. I usually make several stops along the way, cats won't use a litter box when moving. But also gives me a chance to stretch my legs, whether I get out or just walk around in the RV. I'm whining again.  :-[

Gloria, good to see Gary is doing okay. They are probably as safe from the virus as anywhere in the world.

Sandy, what kind of alarm clock did you get?  I really should have one to depend on.

Amy, all 3 cats turned up their noses at supper tonight... fresh raw hamburger. Usually it is their fav evening meal. One more meal, the cans of Friskie's... and they do have their favorite flavors of it so can't buy the mixed boxes. Woe is me!  ;)

Jane, I really do need to make a Walmart run but don't think I will do it tomorrow. I was wanting a shelf in the bathroom I use, a "charging station" for Fitbit, phone & Kindle' I found a set of 3 just perfect on Amazon, but want to take time since it will drive me nuts if the shelves are not level. They got here this morning & are going to be just what was needed, as long as I can put them up right. I can do it, yes, I can.....

Sweet dreams to all, peace and hugs.  Shirley

Lloyd Hammond

Tomereader1 Maybe it is because sears and wards do not Give away catalog's any more and news paper wont flush down the stool.HA HA HA.  good night and sweet dreams.

Lloyd