Random Image

Fe ready for school

Owner: Sandy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 09:03:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for March 1, 2020

Started by so_P_bubble, March 01, 2020, 02:23:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Hammond

well I am checking on how best things are and biding you all good Night and sweet dreams.

Lloyd

JaneS

Nighty night!  See you in the morning!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Shirley

Good Morning, Every Friend! (A Jane quote). We have WIND, when talked about by the weather guessers in Kansas, you better believe it is WINDY! :wave:

Gloria

Good morning everyone. 28 and still windy so feels like 23.
Was great to catch up with my daughter yesterday. We were on Skype almost 2 hours. They are both glad to be home. Now to keep my SIL from doing anything till he is healed.

AMY  you sure picked a good graphic for yesterday. The 3 things I had to change the time on were done yesterday morning. When my son was here he changed the wall clock in the kitchen as soon as he came in. I just had to tease you about the wrong day. I know I am terrible for doing that. I do like to tease, and amazing the people who have no sence of humor.

ROLEY  always good to see you post. I have heard that old age is not for sissies so I guess we are all strong brave people who post in here.

JANE  it is great that you had a good sleep. I keep forgetting I read here in the mornings and keep forgetting it is yesterday's posts. Hope you made it to the Amish store.

PHYLLIS  yesterday I heard on the news we now have 3 casses of that virus in this state.

COTTONCANDY  your area sound like where my daughter lives in Arizona. They are 40 miles from town and it takes them an hour to get there. Most of that time is coming from where they live on a mountain to the highway.

SHIRLEY  the passsing of a sister in law was harder on me than my brother's was. Her and I were closer than I was with my sisters.

SANDY  wish I could find a way to add pounds, not get rid of them.

AMY  did you have to get me longing to go to your chocolate factory?  Love your sunset from last night. I did have a peaceful sleep-just never long enough.

LLOYD wish you a good day.

SHIRLEY  it was nice and sunny here yesterday but was windy so stayed inside.

Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Amy

605a0640-13fc-4c8d-91d0-143a6a5f8da0.jpg Sunday.jpg

Good morning everyone.

Looking to be another lovely day. Temp is 24°F at the moment. Listening to the birds before I got up and think I heard a robin!! Will pay more attention when I am out feeding them.

A day of rest here......would like to play in the sewing room but we shall see how the day goes.

Gloria, I really do want Spring but I also know along with it comes a pile of work. Piling wood for one thing plus I want to do the flower beds over so I can put the smaller trug in it.
Hope today is not too windy and you can get out for a wee walk. Your daughter has a full time job now keeping her husband quiet and out of mischief.

Shirley, wind here would help dry up the puddles.
Roley, tis good to see you, hope all is going well for you and the Mrs.

Joy, hope each day brings you strength to do what you want to do.

Better get a move on.

Enjoy your day everyone.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  It's 27º here this morning but heading for a high of 58º by midday!  I can live with that!

GLORIA, Cathy decided not to go to the Amish store on Saturday but she's off Monday and Tuesday so she's going on Monday and I'm tagging along.

I was awake in plenty of time to get ready for church this morning but I rolled over to pet Mickie and she wasn't budging.  I closed my eyes for a second and it was 7:20 when I opened them again.  Church is at 8.  When Mickie and I went out for her first foray of the day, the car windows were all frozen over.  I think it might have been God's hand saying, "you need the sleep more than the stress of trying to clean up the car and drive in bad weather."  I hope that's what he said!

Now, what can I do for the rest of the day to please Him?

GLORIA, it sounds like all the news from your daughter is good news.  I pray that I stays that way!

I've had my coffee and we're waiting for the boinger and then the day can take off in any direction.  Enjoy it as you will!  It's yours!  But don't forget to share it with us.

Lloyd Hammond

good Morning everyone. Is 51º here now @9:58 AM and said by the weather guesser to be going to 68 and stay sunny by noon. that is ok with me. and to answer your question from V A the other day. was not good. my daughter got her nose in talk with them a while back and they decided to go along with her, partly. they seagust I quite driving. well i will for the most part. bet she will regret that, because she will have to come get me and take me to all my doctor appointments.that means she will have to take time off from her job and she has already used up all her vacant  time for now, so will be with out pay,and like most people she lives from cup to mouth.Have a good day.

Lloyd

JeanneP

Roley

Like me, you sound like we lived the ear years in u.k  you in the south and me up in Manchester area. Even though many years one bye those war years stay in our memories .7 years long time. They are talking here about wearing face masks for this new flu hitting the world. I was thinking if the gas masks that we carried arround for 3 years. Wonder what happened to all of them.
I quit the shelters also and built a shelter under our stairs. So cumfy. Did have to go in shelters if bombs during school. The always ft. Deep I water.

JeanneP

Sandy

In the words of my ex husbands
Mother  (a nurse):

"When we get old
We either blow up
like a  Balloon or
Shrivel up like a Prune!"

Gotta go before I pop !!!
Sandy
 :knuppel2:
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Tomereader1

Quote from: Amy on March 07, 2020, 05:26:56 PMTomereader, thank you. Getting ahead of myself.
Better than getting behind yourself, LOL.

Denver

A Good Sunday HELLO EVERYFRIEND 🦋🦋🦋

SHIRLEY, it seems that one individuals passing just "hits" you harder than others, and that is understandable in this case with you being so close to this brother.  I sure hope the family can all get where they need to be without any other issues like the C Virus.  HUGS TO YOU🥰

GLORIA, so happy to read Regina and Gary are home safely.  I know you are so glad that you two can have your daily talks agin.  I hope Gary continues to get stronger each day.

JANE, I am certain that God understands why you did not make it to church this morning.....he knows your intent was good!  Sorry you did not get to go to the Amish Market today but you will early in the week!

CottonCandy, I am happy to know that you reside in the HILL COUNTRY of Texas.
I have fond memories of that area. 

AMY, you know, I do not care one bit about going to the chocolate factory with you but I sure would like to go to the cheese factory!  Yum, cheese curds!  I am loving your graphics.....look forward to them each day!  Thank you.  We did get all of our clocks changed....well WE is BOB!  Half of them I could not reach if I wanted to! How is Jesse getting around? 

SANDY, congratulations on your weight loss.....seems you are very dedicated to this and are seeing the results!  Good job!

OH NO.....LLOYD!  No drivers license is NOT GOOD!  No license, no driving the motor home😩😩 I take it you do not think your daughter was correct in telling the doctor this?  I am sorry, as I can tell you are up set about this🙏🙏

It is interesting to read all of the stats regarding the CV. We have 8 cases here in Colorado and they were just reveled earlier this week and as of yesterday there are no new ones!  Wish we could keep it that way but sadly I am sure it is going t9 get a lot worse before this is all over.  I did read that they think this virus has been around much longer than thought and think that many have had it and just did not realize it was this serious.  Of course the shelves are stripped clean here as in most places of any sanitizing items.  TP also as well as other staples. 

Jonah and his parents are planning to come for Easter IF this virus does not get any worse and Bob and I have reservations to fly to Arizona to see my Dad in early April for his Birthday, but we are also playing it by ear,  we feel it would be much safer for us to drive down, but we have a time element involved with being here for Michele.  Oh my, so many things to consider😩 😷 🤧 🎻

Enjoy the rest of your day.....

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Lloyd Hammond

Denver my dutch e ways confused you I still have my License and they are CDL'S I Have health enough and am legal to drive a semis truck and trailer Or even a bus. But I have no intrastate in driving them. but am going to when Nancy get's to felling like traveling,we are going to load the van on the trailer,it is hooked on to the RV and ready to go and we will. yes our daughter should have kept her mouth shut and out of our busyness. but we still love her, but we will do what the two of us agree on. If we were at least 20 years younger we would sell out and go to Alaska and home stead, but as we are members of the over the hill gang , we will act our age. we are thinking about places we want to go and visit some of you seniors as well. as long as we can fiend a place to park the RV and unload the van and drop by for a visit. such as we did with Jane. and we May stop and see Jane again as we travel to see our kin that live in her aerie. we would like to drop in others of our senior net friends. good night and sweet dreams.

JaneS

Nighty Night Everyfriend!  I'm off to bed and I wore myself out today.  Mickie and I had 3 complete circle walks and 2 halves.  We did a little outside work and a lot of inside work and we're ready to sleep.  I realize that, in my mind it's still only 1o p.m.  but the changeover to and from DST always wears me out.  I wonder why that is? 

Anyway, I wish you all a peaceful nights sleep and a happy, healthy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Amy

0f8511fa-e5ba-40fe-8fba-d58598b15fd4.jpg never too old.jpg

Good morning everyone..

Going to be another beautiful day here. Snow is slowly going which is nice and the red winged blackbirds are back.
Domestic duties (thanks Callie) are to be done.

Jenny, hope Bob has a good  day today. We like cheese and the favourite is Old Sharpe ,plus the curds:)

Jane, are you finding retirement easy to step into?.

Lloyd, I know children think they are helping but we do have a mind of our own to deal with problems. When the time comes that we don't then yes they can step in.

Better get going.

Enjoy your day eve4ryone.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Gloria

Good morning everyone, already 42 and to get up to 70, yippee. Going to feel like spring so maybe I will get outside. Slept better last night, soke after 6:30. So used to getting up in the middle of the night lately.

AMY living here I really have no chores anymore and my CNA does what needs doing and always looking for something to clean-even me but so far I can shower and still dress myself.

JANE  glad you went back to sleep yesterday morning. You and Mickie needed those extra Zzzzz's. The only thing wrong was trying to sleep on their couch, Couldn't get enough pillows to prop himsel up to sleep. When talking to her yesterday she rembered the loeet they have in her hobby room and her older son's room when he visits. It opens into a twin bed and with the arms and the back the pillows can be propped up for him. She was going to get to that when we got off Skype. I know that mattress on rhat couch is comfy because I slept on it every year when I went to visit on my vacations.

LLOYD  terrible when we have to stop driving. I know the first time I drove after my shouder surgery I could not make a tight left turn I knew it was time to quit. I often wish I still had a car and could drive but it is safer for everyone that I now depend on others.

SANDY  guess I dried up like a prune, but not all those wrinkles.

JENNY  like you I worry when anyopne in the family is planning on traveling. Just found out my grandson, his wife and my great grandson have reservationg for Disneyorld in Florida next month. When my DIL found out when they got home from their cruise she is going with them, too. Wish they would all s tay home with that virus all over the world now.

AMY  never too old and I can still think of what I would like to do. I have not seen a redwing black bird in years. Since moving here I have seen no cardinals either and those I miss a lot .

Have a good day.

phyllis

When we lived in Dutchess County, NY, I always listened for the sound of the Red Winged Black Bird to tell me when Spring had arrived.  I loved hearing it.  Down here in NC they stay mostly in the mountains so I haven't heard or seen one in many years.  The Juncoes (Snowbirds) are still here so I guess they think Winter in the North hasn't gone quite yet.  They've been eating heavily of the seed that David puts out each day so maybe they are getting ready for the trip.

Laundry day and, also, maybe I'll bake a loaf of bread.  I made one the other day and it tasted so good that I was getting some strong hints that someone wouldn't mind if I wanted to do that again.  ;)

Take care, All.
phyllis
Cary,NC

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  It's a beautiful day in Central PA!  The temp has gone from 32º at 7a.m. to 55º right now and is heading for a high of 67!  I'll take it!

Yesterday, I opened all the windows and doors for about 5 hours and the house is all aired out.  I think I'll do that again today.

We just got back from the Amish store and just being with Cathy made it special.  The bargains were a added bonus.

Speaking of the birds...I've been seeing Geese and hearing them on the nearby pond for at least a month now but we drove past the pond today and there wasn't a goose to be seen.  All those that I've seen have been on the wing!  But there's no way I could have heard them in the early evening if they were not gathered on the pond!  I haven't seen any other Spring birds either in flight or on the ground.  I keep looking for a robin sitting on my fence or the bushes out front because my grandmother always said, "If you see your first robin sitting, Spring is here.  If it's flying, look for more cold weather."  I try not to look up.  I always wondered if that was cheating?

I hope you are all having a nice day!  I wish you health and luck in your hours to come!  Enjoy!  And don't forget to share!

Amy

Jane, we just heard geese fly over!! They will have a time of it because most of the lakes are frozen still.
Jimmy Dean

Shirley

Haha, Amy,have you ever watched the geese slid onto the ice & then get up & walk off like "that's what I meant to do".  Also, when our river is low they will skid in & stand up in the shallow water & walk to the nearby sandbar. I do think they are all starting to get ready for their trips. I have not seen the red winged blackbirds here yet. They nest all around but often see them out my front window, eating from the bird feeder. We've had some robins for quite a while now, think they are building nests already.

Lloyd, when my husband was driving me to the hospital for my heart surgery & then after, I knew it was too hard for him to make those sudden stops or turns, so I would NOT take the re-hab I was supposed to but it wasn't safe for him to drive in traffic. I couldn't tell the doctors I was afraid to ride with him or they would have felt like they had to pull his license. He died about 6 months after my surgery. His arms & legs were not strong enough to be safe, for himself or other people, for nearly a year before. He kept his license until he died, but he knew his limits. Hopefully you will do the same, know when it isn't safe. By the way, I still have my motorcycle license! But haven't used it lately, either.

Been on the phone with my daughter, finally got word of when the funeral (next Sat) so she is going to order the flowers & I will pay her when we get together at the funeral. Right now weather is showing rain/snow mix for all across KS & MO next week end, so we will see what it looks like that morning. It is a 3 & half hour drive to the location, but none of us want to stay overnight either before or after, so we make choices. Nieces & nephews are driving in from all over the US.

Goodness, been on the phone & computer ever since I got up & it is past noon already.

Hi to all... :wave:

Tomereader1

All you lovely ladies who bought or were gifted with an InstantPot...I bought one the other day, (still boxed) that is a "CrockPot Express", which is a combo instant pot and slow cooker.  Do any of you have that one?  If so, was there a decent booklet with recipes in the box?  Has anyone purchased an Instant Pot Cookbook, and if so, which one?  I am having second thoughts about this, might just return it unopened and go for the regular IP.  Some reviews of the Express cookbooks say the books are not good at all.   I need some help,if anyone can!

CallieOK

Merry Monday,

Shirley,  I wondered if I'd missed when the funeral is/was.  Am guessing it's in Missouri?  That's about the same driving time as from here to Amarillo.  I sure wouldn't want to drive back and forth in one day!

Have seen geese at the pond for a couple of weeks.  Robins have come and gone all winter.  Looks as if wrens and other birds may be searching for nesting materials.

My daffodils are in full bloom and surely do brighten up the back flower beds.  Tempting to try and plant pots but not smart to do so until mid-April.  Will put out hummingbird feeder the first of April.

Yesterday was an "Idon'twanna" day....and I didn't.    However, today started out with two successful business calls - one of which was to a call center.  I had all my information ready and was settled in to be on hold for a long time.  Miracle of Miracles - I was immediately connected to a nice American lady who took care of things PDQ. We even had a short friendly conversation.

Now I need to scan some info and send it to a friend.

Hope Everyfriend Everywhere is having an Enjoyable Day.

Amy

Tomereader, I  have the IP Duo...and I find a lot of recipes on line.  Have you tried a search on line or even pintrest? I found two places but there are many more!

https://thetypicaldad.com/crock-pot-express-recipes/

https://www.pinterest.ca/thetypicalmom/crockpot-express-recipes/
Jimmy Dean

Lloyd Hammond

Amy you are not being good to me I am trying to lose weight. those crock pot recipes you are putting on here do help with that. we Love you any way. maybe when we know the weather,road conditions are safe we will come back up your direction and stretch it a bit further this time and see you and yours.

Lloyd

JaneS

I'm off to Dreamland!  I can't seem to get my times straightened out when it changes like this.  I'd rather they'd just let it be. 

Good Night my friends.  I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy, healthy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Gloria

Good morning everyone, wow what a day we  had yesterday, broke a record at 72 at the airport so must have been warmer here. All "official" temperatures, rain and snow come from there. Can be 15 to 20 degrees difference between there and here. In winter it is colder here and in warm weather it is much warmer here. I am sure in every state there is a varieation in temperatures. We don't see many birds here, witha ll the traffic in the front and only a few trees and since the witch stopped anyone from feeding them, especially the humming birds  that we all enjoyed going to a feeder  for them and all the flowers in front. Last year they cleared beautiful tall pines down because the owners decided they were dangerous. Now we have almost an acre of new lawn in the back. No place for birds there anymore either.

JANE  I had my windows open yesterday, too, but spent a good part of the day outside.

AMY  no lakes or ponds froze here this winter.

SHIRLEY  I am sorry the PC and phone has taken up so much of your time.

Think it is still early enough to go back to bed, cannot stop yawning.
Have a good day.

Amy

d965d4f7-6778-4e87-9dc2-f319413a215b.jpg I Feel Pretty.jpg

Good morning everyone..

Liquid sunshine here this morning and by the sounds of it ,it is to keep up until tomorrow. That will put the run on the snow but lets hope not too fast or there will be flooding.

Not sure what is happening today will just take it as it comes.

Gloria, wow you had nice weather yesterday...temps are going up here also but in a few days they are to go back down.

Shirley, animals are so much fun to watch, better than tv.  I have bird tv right outside my kitchen window.

Lloyd, one does have to eat, just in moderation......no going back for the third plate. :)

Better get a move on here..

Enjoy your day everyone
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  It's raining but warmer temp here too.  It was already 45 when I got up this morning!  In spite of not seeing a sitting robin, I think Spring is on the way!

I've had my first cup of coffee and when the boinger goes, we'll have breakfast and then a nice walk.  Tonight, I'm going to dinner with Cathy and Craig to help her celebrate her birthday. It's hard to believe that 62 years have passed since that miracle took place! God sent me a winner when he sent her to me!

In the meantime, I'm out of mustard and I think this might be the day to make up more of AMY's HOT MUSTARD!  I have the recipe laid out and my next act will be checking for all the ingredients!  I'm pretty sure I have everything I need!

SHIRLEY, I wish you and yours a safe trip to and from the funeral.  Support one another and share the love and the good memories! 

Now I'm off to check my email before the boinger goes.  I wish you all a happy, healthy day.  Make it your own in every way!  And don't forget to share it!

phyllis

Tomereader, I bought a cookbook for the Instant Pot but it wasn't of much use.  Nearly all of the recipes I use are ones that I find on the internet.  You Tube has a bunch of videos, too, for all kinds of things to make in the IP.  Just do a Google search and loads of things will pop up.

I cut up the leeks yesterday for some Leek and Potato Soup.  I'll put it all together today with the potatoes and seasonings, etc. and that is what we will have for dinner tonight.  Just right for a rainy evening, I think.  Maybe some biscuits to go with?????

Amy, we are supposed to have some of that liquid sunshine today, too.  Since I'll be here at home it won't bother me.  David mowed the lawn yesterday so it won't bother him either.  He was a little disgusted yesterday afternoon.  He was admiring how nice the lawn looked after being freshly mowed when along came the Google Fiber people and dug holes along the front in several places.  >:(  However, they filled them in and replaced the sod pretty well so hopefully it will all grow over again.  This "tech town" has so many cables under it I don't know how it keeps from sinking!  :o

Take care, All.
phyllis
Cary,NC

JaneS

The mustard is done!  The kitchen is cleaned up! We've had lunch and nap and two walks.  On one of them we had to wait for a moving van to finagle around our tight corners.  I must say, he did a great job and it only took 3 guys on the ground outside the trucks to give him directions.  I that had been me in the driver's seat, I'd have wanted 23 guys on the ground outside!

After all that, I had a short nap and now I'm going to take Mickie for another walk and get the mail and then I have to get a shower and get ready to go out for dinner.

By the way, this was a rainy day in Central PA, too!

Shirley

Checking in, cats fed so we will take the rest of the chicken carcass down to the river to fill some critter's tummy. There is never a scrap or piece of bone left next morning, so pleases me.  Callie didn't eat her chicken so Tom is eying it as he sits & waits for me to come out. He will eat until he throws up, not smart, that boy! Callie sat outside and waited for me to serve her where she sat. They are SO spoiled. All 3 outside staring back at the door, waiting for me to walk them down to the river. "My life is not my own"....  ;)  :crazy2:

Had a good look at my yard while ago, the jonquils are up & even one little bud. The peace rose bush has leaves uncurling all up and down the stems. I'm sure we have more winter ahead, we've hardly had any hard feeze this winter. Almost scary...pollen is the worst I can remember (or maybe I'm just older?) I know I'm not contageous but do realize people give me a hard look when I pull out a Kleenex!  ::)  :-[