Random Image

royal fence

Owner: FlaJean
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:17:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for March 15, 2020

Started by so_P_bubble, March 15, 2020, 02:52:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amy

Still snowing here....
Just had this sent to me...thought the pups were cute and the message worth listening to.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H14OxiDBtNM&feature=youtu.be
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

It's been a funny day here, weatherwise.  Snow was predicted and then snow mixed with rain.  We did get some snow but you couldn't see it coming down and it didn't lay in most places.  The only place I saw it when I was out with Mickie was one place where it slid off a car and made a little pile on the ground and then a little corner of grass that never seems to get much sun or air.  I could feel it when I was out in it but I couldn't see it.

I cooked up a pretty good supper and along with the coconut custard pie I made yesterday, you'd think I was expecting company.  It was a really easy crockpot recipe that I used to make a lot years ago then I misplaced the recipe and now I ran across it again.  I have enough left for two more meals for me and I'm going to give my daughter two for her and her husband for all the running she does for me.

Mickie and I are off to Dreamland!  I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy, healthy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Shirley

Wishing y'all a good night, sweet dreams and wake rested. Janie, that is a darling photo of you practicing for your dance recital....   :smitten:

Tom and Callie opted to stay out tonight, a balmy 50+ degrees, but what they don't know is we have T-storms moving in and should show up in about an hour. They know where to hide to stay dry, but I worry about them so will peek at the bedroom door until they do show up.

Denver

It was a cRaZy day around here today with a lot of activity with the chopping down of our beautiful Pine Tree 🌲 SO sad😩

I see that the mystery game of "Who is this" turned out to be YOU
JANE 💃💃💃. What a darling little girl you were 💗. Oh no....all of your hard work of cleaning out and now you have no way of getting rid of your items that you want to dispose of😢😩😤

AMY, loved your avatar of checking in on us....very cute and the puppy dog telling us to be safe!  Thank you.

Pleasant dreams to EVERYFRIEND 🦋🦋

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Gloria

Good morning everyone, 34 but feels like 25. Just afte r CNA came here at noon I loo out  and it was snowing. So pretty  but gone already. It turned to rain and poured all night. Only a little left on car windshields. I was hoping it would snow all night. The pine trees were beautiful all dressed in white.

AMY  cute nosey chicken yesterday morning. 80 in the witer is OK keeps the dampness out but in summer 80 is way too humid for me and thank goodness I have AC.

JANE  I had a book with all Impossible pie recipes and forgot about it. I always loved coconut custard pie. Then I love coconut anyway.

AMY  that is great. The only one I have been near is my CNA.

SHIRLEY  I enjoyed watching it snow yesterday afternoon, just beautiful but not enough of it.

JENNY  those greetings from Amy every day are great. Glad you like them, too.

Hello to all who come in later.

Have a good day and stay safe.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Shirley

Good morning, Gloria. I woke up to thunder so got up to see if Tommy wanted in. He freaks out when it storms, has a place to hide when caught outside. He won't be home until all clear. When he is in he goes to the center of the house, hall, or on the side of the bed where he can't see the lightning. I tried to tell him it was going to storm before he went out but just wouldn't listen.  ;)

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I slept well but I sure did dream a lot.  Fortunately, I can't remember any of the dreams after I wake up but when I do wake up, I KNOW there was a crazy dream back there. 

GLORIA, coconut is my favorite ANYTHING, too.  If it has coconut in it, I'll eat it. 

SHIRLEY, thanks for the compliment for little HONJANE.  That's what everyone called me when I was little. 

JENNY, thank you, too for the compliment.  And I know how you feel about losing your big tree.  When they told me two of the big trees in my yard had to come down, I felt like I was losing two friends.  And when they were removing them, I couldn't watch.  It brought tears to my eyes!

I have to go get a shower and get dressed before the boinger goes off.  Cathy s dropping off milk for me on her way to work.  She's one of three that are keeping the local Area Agency on Aging open by phone for senior citizens who need it.

I also noted that WM is doing a pre-opening hour for seniors to shop every Tuesday now.  I think 6 to 7 a.m. is a little early but I'm going to plan to do it next week.  Maybe I can get what I need to fix my rug.

I wish you all a happy, healthy day.  Make it your own in every way.  And don't forget to share it with those of us who CARE!

Amy

thumbnail.jpg Every day may be.jpg

Good morning everyone..

Woke to the sound of a robin singing, better get some food out for her plus the other birds.
We need to pick up Kyle's meds this morning and that is it. The pharmacy is now offering free delivery due to the outbreak. We will knock on the door and they will pass them out. He now has a months supply coming instead of just two weeks. No need to go to the Dr for refills as the Dr will fax refills to the pharmacy. All non essential businesses have been closed down .

Jenny, sad to see such a beautiful tree die. I love to hear the wind through the pine trees.

Shirley, you made me wonder on just how this pup will react to a storm. Babe doesn't like storms  but golden girl didn't mind them. When does a male listen???

Gloria,, the snow that fell yesterday is still here with more rain/snow on the way. I just bet we will get more snow. We usually get a dandy snow storm in March too.  I won't mind when the snow blower gets put away.

Enjoy your day everyone, stay  safe.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Amy

Sorry about the photo being too big.

Jane you snuck in on me.. you were a cute ballerina and still are. The neighbour cut down a row of pines (on his side) and I missed them so much. At night I would lay awake and listen to the wind  but after he cut them....silence was the loud reply. He just got tired of raking up all the pine needles.
Jimmy Dean

Lloyd Hammond

good morning everyone. it is 43º now and calling for high of 52º today. Nancy was having a bad night with stuffy head last night. I got out some nose spray I have and had her spray in her nose fixed her up, but she finished the night in her ease chair, I went to bed after taking my shot and pills had about four hours sleep was all so a couch jockey I will be today. hope you all are doing better. and have a great day.

Lloyd

phyllis

Just to let you know that we are still here.  No virus but staying in to keep safe.  More cases overnight and the governor is considering putting NC on lockdown.  I'm heading back to bed.  Allergies are really bothering me and the meds aren't working too well.  Maybe some sleep with a heating pad will ease things a bit.  Take care, All.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Amy

So far it is a nice day, no rain or snow yet. Have bread baking in the oven and when done will run a loaf over to the neighbour. I dropped off a pkg of romaine lettuce this morning and he put a quart of fresh maple syrup in my hands. I think it only fair that they also have some fresh bread to go with the maple syrup. Flour is difficult to find here  even though we have heard of no shortages. Will go and see if I can get a big bag tomorrow.

For those of you with bread machines you may enjoy this site.

https://saladinajar.com/recipes/bread-machine-recipes/

Phyliss, take care and stay safe.

Jimmy Dean

JeanneP

I don't often get into soda shop ,it's good to see it so active. See more people posting here. Will be back more.
Things here in my town are being handle well. We have quite a few people negative .all is closed down other than food and drug stores. Tents up around both hospitals that people have to stop on to be checked. The quietness is so strange as I live at the turnoff of a main interstate where traffic usually bumper to bumper. Lots of school buses. My stock of food etc is good. Lots can find to do. Weather is warming up and so aim to get out walking. Lot country around me..
You all seem to be doing as they are telling us to do.

Junee. Glad to see you posting and well. Know you are in a good safe place. Has not been any problems in our senior living places.
Hope your family all o.k .i was thinking one in nursing service. We are owing so much to them.
JeanneP

Amy

Bubble, I am not sure where to put this.

The journey of life over the years.  Time Gets Better With Age

Read it through to the end, it gets better as you go!

I've learned that I like my teacher because she cries when we sing "Silent Night." Age 5

I've learned that our dog doesn't want to eat my broccoli either. Age 7

I've learned that when I wave to people in the country, they stop what they are doing and wave back. Age 9

I've learned that just when I get my room the way I like it, Mom makes me clean it up again. Age 12

I've learned that if you want to cheer yourself up, you should try cheering someone else up. Age 14

I've learned that although it's hard to admit it, I'm secretly glad my parents are strict with me. Age 15

I've learned that silent company is often more healing than words of advice. Age 24

I've learned that brushing my child's hair is one of life's great pleasures. Age 26

I've learned that wherever I go, the world's worst drivers have followed me there. Age 29

I've learned that if someone says something unkind about me, I must live so that no one will believe it.
Age 30

I've learned that there are people who love you dearly but just don't know how to show it. Age 42

I've learned that you can make someone's day by simply sending them a little note. Age 44

I've learned that the greater a person's sense of guilt, the greater his or her need to cast blame on others. Age 46

I've learned that children and grandparents are natural allies. Age 47

I've learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on and it will be better tomorrow. Age 48     

I've learned that singing "Amazing Grace" can lift my spirits for hours. Age 49

I've learned that motel mattresses are better on the side away from the phone. Age 50

I've learned that you can tell a lot about a man by the way he handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights. Age 51

I've learned that keeping a vegetable garden is worth a medicine cabinet full of pills. Age 52

I've learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you miss them terribly after they die. Age 53

I've learned that making a living is not the same thing as making a life. Age 58

I've learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance. Age 62

I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands. You need to be able to throw something back. Age 64

I've learned that if you pursue happiness, it will elude you. But if you focus on your family, the needs of others, your work, meeting new people, and doing the very best you can, happiness will find you. Age 65

I've learned that whenever I decide something with kindness, I usually make the right decision. Age 66

I've learned that everyone can use a prayer. Age 72

I've learned that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one. Age 74

I've learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone. People love that human touch - holding hands, a warm hug,  or just a friendly pat on the back.  Age 76

I've learned that I still have a lot to learn. Age 78

I've learned that life is what you make it, and your life is much better when you make someone happy. Age 80+
I've learned that you should pass this on to someone you care about. Sometimes they just need a little something to make them smile.   

If Things Get Better With Age Then I'm Approaching Excellent.
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

AMY, I read this before and I loved it even more this time!

Mary Ann

Amy, Time Gets Better with Age reminds me of two of my sayings:

You're never too old to learn - and - You learn something new every day.

Mary Ann

JaneS

We've had our last outing for the night and we're off to Dreamland.  I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy, healthy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

JaneS

Good Morning Anyone who reads this!  I did have a peaceful night's sleep and I'm hoping for a happy, healthy today...Thank you very much.  I'll be back later when more people get up!

Amy

f9903a59-237a-4386-9aa5-101758a73bde.jpg

Good morning everyone

Looking like we may get something weather wise out there. More and more little chores that have been put off are getting done.

Mary Ann, we are never too old to learn something. Hope you are feeling stronger each day.

Bubble, is that a photo of our Lloyd and wife?

Jane,some of our stores are offering early shopping to seniors and those with compromised immune system. Back yard is still covered in snow/ice .Kyle found the makings of a doves nest on top of the wood pile of all places. Just hope the weather warms up and we don't need to use the wood in that area.

Better get a move on here.

Enjoy your day and stay safe everyone..
Jimmy Dean

so_P_bubble

Gloria

Good morning everyone, when I opened my eyes this morning I was surprised it was light and not the middle the night. It was a bit after 7am and that meant I had more than  4 or 5 hours of sleep. Had over 8 hours and at least I do feel awake. Landscapers are here this morning, I was surprised when I pulled the shade up in the BR.
HEARD on the hews that there has been a big sale on guns and ammo since this virus hit. Crazy, guess they are expect ing crazies to break in and steal their TP.

SHIRLEY  tell me, do cats ever listen when you try to make them understand? On top of that who can make a stubborn male understand anything?

JANE  remember years ago when we would buy a whole coconut, punch those 3 spots and drain the milk out and then break it open and get the chunks of the coconut out of the shell and keep it in the milk to keep  it good? Last time I bought one it was bad, all dried out and haven't seen any in the stores in years. Great that more stores are opening for an hour or so for just seniors to shop. My CNA said she wished they would add health care workers to the list when shopping for elderly clients.

AMY  since Walgreen bought the pharmacy I went to I dislike it. The old one did not deliver and this one does not even call when a med is ready to pick up. They have let me run out of a couple before I thought to call them. They were ready and waiting. I think I just might have  to  back to CVS in town and they do deliver but I also dislike them. I used them before and found the count short every month. It is also about 4  miles from where I live.

LLOYD  sorry Nancy had a stuffy nose but you helped her, what a good husband you are. Hope you had a goo nap yesterday.

PHYLLIS  I wnt out for a little fresh air yesterday and not one person around. No one sitting in the loby waiting for the mail man and no one outside. It is like living alone in this building. Do not see the cars in the parking lot move and even the bus that takes some shopping on Wednesday has been cancelled.

AMY  wish I had a bread machine now. I used to make bread with the kneading -taking out my frustrations?- years ago and boy it sure tasted better than any from a market.

JEANNEP  hope you do come and post more often here in the SS. We are like a family and welcome all. Big families are more fun.

AMY  I read that a long time ago, this time I have saved it. Thank you.

Have a good day and stay safe.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

phyllis

Good morning!  It is a much better day today in spite of the rain and I am up, got my head back on straight again, and found my attem today.  Yay!

Loved the TIME GETS BETTER WITH AGE, Amy.  Gave me a big boost to read the wisdom of all ages.  And, thanks for the bread machine site.  That's the way I use my machine, too.  It mixes and kneads the dough and I shape it and let it rise before baking it in the oven.  Makes a better loaf and saves my aching muscles.  What lifts the spirits more on a day of gloomy weather and gloomy news than the smell of baking bread!  :thumbup:

Eggs are still hard to find so I pulled up this oldie.....Depression Cake.  I used to make it often because I loved it a lot but, I called it Vinegar Cake.

https://totallythebomb.com/wp-json/mv-create/v1/creations/8/print

Don't mean to turn the Soda Shoppe into a Bake Shoppe but I can't read or watch TV all the time so, of course, my thoughts turn to food.  Where else!

Take care, All.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. thanks for the posting of I have learned,Is great. I think we will survive this ordeal Just like we did one that are old enough to reamber in the mid fifty's the hon kong flue scare. just cover mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing. cowmen curtisey goes a long way to a good day. smile and the hole world smiles with you. the best thing about a smile is you can keep it your self and give it others at the same time.

Lloyd

JaneS

LLOYD, I haven't thought of that line in a long time but it was used on me a lot when I was growing up and I used it on my kids.  There's more to it though.  My grandmother used to say...

Smile and the world smiles with you.
Gripe and you gripe alone.
For a cheerful grin
Will let you in
Where a griper is never known!

It taught me not to gripe if I could laugh at myself instead!

Joy

Good morning.  Rainy day again.  I found out that I will be going home on Sat.  My place is not locked down so I will be fine.  Just telling residents to stay in their own place.  At least I will have a couple rooms to be in.  I know I will have to be careful.  My family can leave things at the door. 
Hope all are staying well    I will be glad to be able to use
My computer.   Joy

BIG BOX

Shirley

:angel4:  :nanadance:  :nanadance2:  :bravo:  :bunny:  :dancingdog:  :cheer:  :crazy:  :dancingdog:  :excited:  :jump:  :happydance:  :pineapple:  :whistle:  :clap: Joy gets to go home!

Joy

Oh!  Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you !!!
BIG BOX

Sandy

Congratulations Joy
for getting to go home  where you will
be more comfortable... 

Sandy
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Amy

Isn't it amazing how ones good news makes us also want to jump for Joy :)
Nothing like your own home, bed and hours that you like and maintain.
Thank you Joy for sharing the  good news.

Sandy, how are you doing? My Christmas cactus has one bloom on it now :)
Jimmy Dean

Shirley

Makes the day a little brighter..... (song in there!)