Random Image

Halloweenie

Owner: Sandy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:08:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for March 15, 2020

Started by so_P_bubble, March 15, 2020, 02:52:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amy

2def2194-9f6c-4fca-9ad8-b0089a372ac0.jpg

I talked with Jane tonight and she is doing alright. I will let her tell you, as she may pop in tomorrow.
Somehow I found some of Jane's zzzzs this afternoon  had such a good sleep, better than last night.

Hope everyone is staying in and staying safe.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Lloyd Hammond

well I am late again, getting to be a habit,but sweet dreams and good night.
see you all tomorrow.

Lloyd

Amy

c412c66f-8853-46ee-b5d2-1337f05c06d1.jpg

Good morning everyone...
Slept in again.

Work around home, yard needs some cleaning up, will do what we can but a lot more to do after the snow all goes away.

Enjoy your day everyone..
Stay safe!

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone, I did not rest well again Last night, another bad habit it seams. AMY sure was good to talk with you on the phone yesterday; Nancy relay enjoyed also. Now all I can think of that will top that Is when this virus thing gets settled and things get back in a good step where we can travel. and we can get in the r v and come see you in the north east.
Quote from: Lloyd Hammond on March 26, 2020, 06:03:25 AMGood Morning everyone. 56º and mostly clear here saying we are going to high sixty's or low seventy's today. have a great day just as you like it we hope.

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

Pooch1: Click on "Chat" above, Lloyd.  Nice to see you again.  How's the horses?

Lloyd Hammond

well I am confused again. (Pooch1: Click on "Chat" above, Lloyd.  Nice to see you again.  How's the horses?) witch of you lovely Lades is Pooch? I do reamber talking with you but am mostly brain dead now days after the head knocks in fourteen. I took my laptop over to the computer teck. and got it working again. also took my big desk top over to try to get to turn on again. he said too many things wrong with it , not worth fixing. I would liked to have things back but not as many $$$ as he wants. so I am going over and pay for fixing the laptop and let the desktop go by by. Have a great day everyone. Nancy left the door open between the garage and Back Porch garage door was up and a bird came in she can't get it out so I have to go to do it. see you later.

Lloyd

phyllis

The sun is shining...my taxes are done, filed, and accepted by both federal and state...and all is well with my little "stay-at-home" world today.  Good morning to you All.

I hope Jane is doing as well as can be expected and will feel like talking to us a little bit today.

Is it good to be home again, Joy?

I've been reading a lot and can still find a lot of on-line books to download.  I would do more cooking but I am beginning to get a little low on some things and the reserved dates that I can get staples shopped for and to pick up curbside from the grocery are getting farther and farther away.  So many people are doing that now the grocery stores are swamped.  Also, there are many items that are out of stock.  We are making do the best that we can.  Just need to change our habits a little bit....be more flexible.

Off to get some breakfast.  Take care, All.
phyllis
Cary,NC

JaneS

this will be short because I only have one usable hand  I fell early wed morning and broke the humerus bone in my left shoulder.  its very painful and there is nothing to do about it but a sling and wait.  ill take all the prayers I can get and ill try to come back and check in,  I hope you are all well.

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Lloyd Hammond

JaneS sorry you fell and got hurt. I cant say any thing as many blunders as I have done. wish we were close so we could help you while you are recuperating. you are in our prayores. just take it easy and try to keep smiling. do the best you can having a good day.

Lloyd

Amy

Jane, I am not sure which of the two evils would hurt more ,your shoulder or humerus?? Just take it easy and I know you have lots of help , your turn to be looked after till you are better.
Jimmy Dean

so_P_bubble

CallieOK

Good Morning,

So happy to see a note from Jane.  The only thing I can think of - other than sending Prayers and Love - is.....OUCH!  :smitten:

Phyllis,  I also have plenty of e-books to read - on loan from my local library.  I had put Hilary Mantel's new one on Hold way back when the "coming out" date was listed.  It appeared this week- apparently just a few days after the launch.  Not an easy read but I'm working on it because I doubt I'll be able to renew and who knows when I'd get it again.

I had a "fibro" day yesterday so spent most of it in the recliner reading.  Was startled by a SMACK on the west windows which turned out to be ping pong ball size hail.  Thank goodness, nothing cracked or broke.  It melted almost as quickly as it fell.

Mr. and Ms. Mallard were wandering around the yard last evening.  She was checking out the fallen bird seed and he was checking out her.  ;)

My morning routine has become Take before breakfast pill, Go out to get the paper, Read the paper, Do the Daily Challenge and 3 Goals for four solitaire games on my Tablet, Eat breakfast, Take after breakfast pills, Check in on S&F folders and Find a Project du Jour.
Looks as if that will be Domestic Duties today.

Wishing Everyfriend Everywhere an Enjoyable Day..

Lloyd Hammond

Good afternoon everyone. I took a laze day enjoyed some good movies and a Nap, then I went over to the computer repair mans shop. do not know what changed his mined but he did, lowered his price a lot,to affordable, got both my laptops fixed and took the mother board out of the old desk top and putting it in a much smaller case and building a new computer with window 10 on it. i will be right up town. have a rest of the day great. I have something to tell you all for  your hungry sweet teeth. you get a can of big instant brisket's and role them out very thin round, put your favorite fruit fruit on then fold them in half, seal the edges. put some cooking oil in the skillet,bring it up to good temperature,fry them on one side and then turn them over cook until they are golden brown. we used cheery pie filling out of a can store bought. Delishes. fruit is best, but i am going to experiment with some pudding's like chocolate and Butterscotch,what ever we can think of maybe even some mincemeat.

Lloyd

Lloyd

JaneS

im here to say Goodnight my friends.  its almost time for my pain pill and they make me sleepy.  I didn't get to walk with them today because it was raining most of the day.  while we were eating supper we had two of the rumbliest, loud cracks of thunder I've ever heard. the house even shook a bit! 

I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy healthy tomorrow.

Gloria

Good morning everyone, sorry I never got here yesterday. I just could not sleep Friday night andfelt like I just stayed off the computer. I laid on the couch most of the day and with the TV on I dozed most of the day.  Woke this morning just after 3 am. It is raining and you know I am not up to par with my back.

JANE I hope you are not in a lot of pain with your shoulder. For you that is always cooking or cleaning or doing something I know you are not a happy lady right now. I so have a fear of falling and maybe I am to careful

SHIRLEY  I have not been getting many of those robo calls for the last week  or so. Phone has been pretty quiet. I never pick up the phone till I hear on the machine who it is, I do pick it up if I know the number or the name that shows up.

PHYLLIS  glad my CNA likes to shop because so far she has found what I need. She will go shopping for herself and see something I like and usually have on my list she will buy it and I pay her for it when she gets here. I finished reading the boo I got from the library here but now the door is locked so annot get anymore or return the ones I have here.

JANE 3 times I have had my right arm in a sling and learned to use my left hand with the mouse. Got pretty good with it. Typing with one hand is no fun and I know how slow it can be. Hugs and prayers for you.

Think I will go lay on the couch and see if I can get some snoozing in. Looks like we will have rain today and tomorrow. Not my kind of weather.

Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Amy

395ec8ff-5ae9-40b2-a18a-86fd44ff537f.jpg

Good morning everyone...

Gentle rain here,robins belting out song along with mourning doves cooing...music to wake up to. Need to make bread today.. and do some  sewing. While the oven is hot might throw a cake in..chocolate cake mix ,3 eggs and a can of cherry pie filling then bake at 350°.

Joy, hope you are home now, much safer environment away from the virus.

Lloyd, your recipe sounds good!!

Gloria, we can use all the help possible at this time. Rain can cause aches we never knew we had!

Take care and stay safe...
Jimmy Dean

phyllis

It is good to hear from you Jane even though it is hard.  Thinking of you.  Keep in touch as much as you can.

David will pick up a grocery order at noon today and if I am lucky there will be some yeast in it.  If so, I'll be making some bread today, too, Amy. 

Cloudy and almost summer-like yesterday and today.  Nearly 90 deg. and humid.  The attic fan and the air conditioning and ceiling fans are working just fine, thank goodness.

Take care, All.  Stay well and no more falls, please.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Shirley

Normally I'd be about ready for church and it seems so sad to me, that this country was basically founded for freedom of religion and we can't go to church. Don't mean to blame anyone, a fact of what is best for all.... but still sad. I happen to enjoy going to church, even if just to sit and talk to God, it is HIS house and like going home when my parents were alive.

Last night I went down to the river, as I came past the berm the forsythia bush reached out & touched me, I had not even noticed it was in full bloom as I went down. Came inside & got my clippers and went back out to cut off the branches overhanging the berm so the mower guy won't get slapped in the face when he comes next week. Now I have 2 vases full yellow blooms sitting on my kitchen window sill and a much larger vase full on the table in the entry hall. We might as well enjoy, just me and nobody else but God, the cats don't seem to notice.

Have a load of laundry going, ran one last night about 10:00 pm, but didn't put it into the dryer until this morning. That one is folded & put away. I need to take sheets off my bed but may crawl back in instead. Sound like a plan?  Why not? Not sure what the weather is supposed to be today, yesterday was WINDY~~ like only in Kansas. Better get busy, getting light outside and I want to get a few zzzzzzzzzzzzs before I dress.

Jane, I have tried very hard NOT to comment on breaking your humerous humerus, so will not giggle out loud, but you know I am ready to explode with mirth. I truly am sorry for your pain and the irritation of being limited with what you can do in that greening up yard... I would love to give you a hug and got a feeling both of us would break up with laughter just knowing what crazy people we are, right? You will overcome and give us another reason to be proud of you. I've already told my daughter about "my online friend MY age that broke her ...." and she offered you her deepest sympathy. I know you are in good hands, that it is nice to have your kids rally around. Take care, I'm sure the pup is understanding and sympathetic. (Why did "they" ever name that bone humerus, sure ain't funny!?)

Gloria, I had one of those days this week, you think it's catching? I did nothing but sleep with TV on but never knew what was showing. Not sure I even got dressed that day. Take it easy, I do believe we are all feeling uneasy about this virus and constant talk of it. Think happy, it helps.

Sounds like the washer is done, a load of towels. Will put in the dryer & get those extra zzzzzzzs. It takes the dryer about twice the time to get clothes dry than the last washer did. Have had this dryer forever (would you believe still that avocado green from the '60s? It really is that old! Anyway, wore out washers at least every 10 years but poor old dryer hangs in & does the job.

Morning, Phyllis... we aren't that hot, only one day warm enough to think about cooler clothes. Not long till our summer, year, winter, sure has passed fast.

Amy, don't you love hearing the happy birds early? The years we had Missy (robin) building nests all around the house, we got to watch how she did it. Of course we could pick her nests out since she used the colored Easter grass I kept on the porch for her. When she wove it in with the twigs and then would dash down to the river for mud to fill in... hope in the nest to rub her breast feather back & forth to make it smooth and solid, then back to the river for more. The females work so hard...she usually had 3 nests per summer.

CallieOK

Good Morning,

Shirley,  we had wind yesterday....and dust...but today is sunny and mild.

Big News!  Miss Ellen is home!!!!

The general situation in NYC plus continued confinement in small apartment was  "getting to her" last week.  Dad put his foot down and she flew in last night for an "indefinite visit".
She'll have to be quarantined for 2 weeks, but a good-sized bedroom with bath has been set up and sanitized for her and, if someone else opens the door, she can go out in the back yard.  Bedroom location is such that she will be able to see and hear family from a safe distance.

She was able to fly Southwest through Houston (no plane change) and, other than being bumpy through storm zone, flights were early arriving in both Houston and OKC.  She said LaGuardia looked like a ghost town and there were only 2 gates open in the SW terminal.  There were 66 on the NYC-Houston flight.  7 were connecting and were joined by 19 others for the flight to OKC.  She said she was one of 3 who stayed on the plane instead of getting off during Houston stop-over.  She thought they went to look for food because nothing was open at LaGuardia.  Fortunately, she had taken her own – necessary, anyway, because she is so gluten intolerant.

I was checking flight status and noticed that the two early morning NYC-Houston flights on Southwest had been cancelled.  So ones on her flight may have been left-overs. 

Not being able to get out in fresh air was a big part of the issue – plus the phone in the apartment room right over her bedroom kept ringing at 3:30 a.m. and waking her up.  She said it must have been on the floor and she wondered if it was someone in Health Care who had to go on duty and had set it as a wake-up alarm.
One of her roomies had already gone home to Connecticut but the other two were staying. They are both still employed and working from home.

I've seen Mr and Ms Mallard Duck wandering around the back yard.  She was checking out bird seed on the ground and he was checking out her. 😊
Also saw a hummingbird while I was eating breakfast.
Nice to know that Nature is still functioning normally.

Off to make syrup and get the hummer feeder out.

Onward and Upward...

JaneS

SHIRLEY,you are 100% c0rrect about the giggling that would be taking place over an injury to the humorous/humerus bone. i've already had that one with Cathy. I hate to hunt and peck so im quitting .   

Lloyd Hammond

good afternoon. it is 66 and bright sun,not a cloud in the sky, only supposed to rise two more degrees, I had a good nap.if it wasn't Sunday I could go to shop and work. well maybe will be good tomorrow and I can catch  some shop time. I hope and pray we get this virus thing over with soon so we can get in the R V and do some traveling. I have something to tell you that is funny. Nancy was playing a card game, when I woke up. she was at a study place.we have two mice that will either work on that computer on the T V. so I picked up the other and started Playing It.that sure woke her up in a hurry. Have a good rest of the day.

Lloyd

Amy

Hello everyone.  My name is Tom Tock, Mary Ann Tock's nephew, and the late Norm Tock's son.  My aunt wants me to catch all of you up on her condition.  The pain in her leg has become very severe. The doctors do not believe it is a blood clot nor a fracture but cannot explain the pain she feels just sitting up in her right thigh down to her knee.  In order to get the level of pain meds necessary to deal with this, we determined it would be best to enroll Mary Ann in hospice at home for now.  We met with them this afternoon.  Mary Ann will remain at home for the duration. She pretty much stays in bed because sitting up is too painful.  We will see tomorrow how she does with the new meds. It is Mary Ann's wish to improve and no longer need hospice.
Jimmy Dean

Amy

Jimmy Dean

Shirley

Tom, I am so sorry to hear the news about Mary Ann's condition, but thank you for letting us know. For sure she will be included in MY prayers, as she knows, we old timers have a way with our prayers being heard. Hugs to you, Mary Ann, and hope Kindrick will figure how to wait on you! Tom, you are a blessing for her and I know you will take good care of her. (((hugs))) to you both & a head rub for Kindrick.

CallieOK

Tom thank you for the message about Mary Ann.  She will certainly be in my thoughts and prayers. So glad she has you - and Hospice - to care for her.

Denver

A late note tonight......but, better late than never❣️

Thank you AMY, for the cute "good morning" and "good night" greeting graphic!  Love them and look forward every day now to see what you will have for us to enjoy💕

Welcome home to OK, Miss Ellen.  I must say that I know your family is happy to have you home and I am happy that you are there safe and sound with your family.

Than you, Tom, for the update on Mary Ann. I am sad to learn that she is suffering so with the leg pain, but I am glad that this decision to bring in hospice to help her through this.  Positive thoughts and continued prayers for her and I hope she can improve and no longer need the hospice care. 

SHIRLEY, I know you miss being in your church and I certainly hope it will not be too much longer until we all are able to move around freely and do what is important to all of us🙏🙏🙏

JANE, I can only imagine how frustrating it must be to have to hunt and peck!  We will understand if you can not post and we will survive, but only because we want you to get better ASAP and then you can come back and join in like we are all used to💕. Continued prayers that that shoulder will heal quickly and completely. 

We played Yahtzee with Dave, Michele and kiddos yesterday, thanks to iPads and today we had a group party with ALL of the sons and their families.  Boy did that ever lift my spirits🥰🥰🥰🥰

I wish you ALL a very good night of rest and may you wake up to a beautiful Monday 🦋🦋🦋

Jeanny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Lloyd Hammond

well once again I fell asleep on the couch, wok up a few min. ago.so I will have to say good morning instead of good night,see you all after while. I took my insulin shot and got a godie to satisfy my sweet teeth. see you all after while'
Good night this morning.

Lloyd

Gloria

Good motning everyone, still raining. 3 days in a row. Getting water logged around here. At least the ground is not froaen ot every thing would be muddy. Mostly it has been soaking into the ground.
Yesterday after 3 hours sleep I wasawake and in here, had my coffee and breakfast and pulled a SHIRLEY. I went back to bed and woke just after noon.

PHYLLIS  wow that is unbelievable that it got that hot there. Still have heat on here. I have a nice warm Tote vest that I am still wearing to keep warm.

SHIRLEY  I did one of your things yesterday, woke early, had coffee and breakfast and then went back to bed, slept 4 hours. We had a friend who every Sunday morning he would go outside and walk through the woods, to him that was God's home, not a man made building. No matter what the weather was. When I see lilalacs in bloom I know that spring is here. We have some forsythia here but cannot pick any of it, the witch would yell at us if we did. I have days where I stay in my nightgown and robe all day, too lazy to get dressed?

CALLIE  you make me happy to know Ellen is home. Best place for her with family.

JANE  I don' t think I would have the patience to hunt and peck with my left hand now. I was about 10 years younger the last time I did that.

LLOYD  I think we will all thank God when this carona virus is a thing of the past. I feel like I am alone in this building and it is a erie feeling.

AMY  thanks for the news about Mary Ann. Hope she improves fast.

TOM  thank you for letting us know about Mary Ann. 

JENNY  I still chat with my daughter on Skype every day and both sons have been calling me often.

Have a good day and stay safe.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Joy

Good morning.  Just wanted to let you know I am home and trying to get back to "normal".  I am still tired and haven't done much. Today will be a busy day with nurse visit and a video visit with my primary care doctor.  That should be interesting.  My DIL is coming this morning to stay while I take a shower. I will feel better with someone in the apartment with me.

Glad to see the message from Tom Tock.  Hope the new meds will help Mary Ann.

I will check back again in a day or so. 

Joy
BIG BOX

Joy

Don't understand why I can't get the font, color and size to enlarge.  Did the same way I have always done it.

Sorry it isn't working right.

Joy
BIG BOX