Random Image

Osprey

Owner: Shirley
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:35:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

GUESS WHO?

Started by so_P_bubble, March 22, 2020, 04:53:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marilyne

This photo was taken in a school room.  I see the easel and the chalkboard in the background.  I'm going to guess Lloyd??

JaneS

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

JeanneP

I also think it is Jack.
JeanneP

so_P_bubble

And the answer is...

RAMMEL !

RAMMEL

That was at home and I can vaguely remember hammering small colored wooden pegs (pre plastic era) into a pegboard surface. Also had fun with a wooden "Bill Ding" set. Those had in later years been made of plastic. Somewhere I still have some of the Bill Ding men.  ----  Nostalgia ---
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

RAMMEL

This is "Bill Ding".  You stack and balance the Tumblers as you can.
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

Marilyne

Rick - I thought for sure that was a chalkboard, (or as we used to call it, a blackboard), in the background, but I can see it's just a wall.  I remember that my brother had the Bill Ding set!!  Those wooden men were no fun to step on if you were barefoot! ha ha  They were always on the floor!   It sure is a cute picture of you.     

Shirley

My SON played with a wooden peg board, spent hours pounding the pegs through & would turn it over & pound back the other way. Then he advanced to pounding nails in short pieces of 2x4 when we were building a house. Rick, you HAVE to be older than my son!  He was born in 1960.... fess up, you are older than that, aren't you?  ;)

Vanilla-Jackie

Your " Bill Ding" reminds me of " Stickle Bricks " construction toy...they first launched in 1969..
" There is no present like the time "

RAMMEL

Quote from: Shirley on March 31, 2020, 03:01:46 PMMy SON played with a wooden peg board, spent hours pounding the pegs through & would turn it over & pound back the other way. Then he advanced to pounding nails in short pieces of 2x4 when we were building a house. Rick, you HAVE to be older than my son!  He was born in 1960.... fess up, you are older than that, aren't you?  ;)
Got your son beat by about 26 years. You didn't think you were old enough to be my mother, did you?
From your son's age\era we have "American Bricks".  Could these be what Jackie calls " Stickle Bricks "?  My younger son was the same age as your son - 1960
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

Shirley

Haha, Rick, at one time I thought we were about the same age but numbers went haywire.... guess we are about the same age.... I was born in Jan of '35. My kids had Lincoln Logs & Tinker Toys.. the younger son (1963) had some metal put together toys, mind went blank.... and Hot Wheels were the rage. Their young bachelor uncle sent them all kinds of Hot Wheels track, etc for Christmas. When our kids were young and when I was young, we were lucky to get one good toy & few little things for Christmas, didn't get toys all the time like now. We didn't feel deprived. Different life/times.

RAMMEL

Quote from: Shirley on March 31, 2020, 08:52:36 PMHaha, Rick, at one time I thought we were about the same age but numbers went haywire.... guess we are about the same age.... I was born in Jan of '35. April 34My kids had Lincoln Logs & Tinker Toys.. the younger son (1963) had some metal put together toys "Erector Set ? , mind went blank.... and Hot Wheels were the rage. Their young bachelor uncle sent them all kinds of Hot Wheels track, etc for Christmas. When our kids were young and when I was young, we were lucky to get one good toy & few little things for Christmas, didn't get toys all the time like now. We didn't feel deprived. Different life/times.
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

Vanilla-Jackie

Shirley - Rammel...
...metal put together toys may have been what we in UK called "Meccano," another construction toy very popular with young boys and their fathers....

so_P_bubble

Yes I remember Meccano...

Meccano is a model construction system created in 1898 by Frank Hornby in Liverpool, United Kingdom. The system consists of reusable metal strips, plates, angle girders, wheels, axles and gears, and plastic parts that are connected using nuts and bolts. It enables the building of working models and mechanical devices. Meccano maintains a manufacturing facility in Calais, France.[1] In 2013, the Meccano brand was acquired by the Canadian toy company Spin Master.

In 1913, a very similar construction set was introduced in the US under the brand name Erector. In 2000, Meccano bought the Erector brand and unified its presence on all continents.

I had one construction set that made it possible to build  a house with windows, doors etc on a perforated platform, with metal rods and grooved colored tiles that slid between the rods. The green windows and doors were also grooved on their sides. I suppose it was better suited for girls?

JaneS

you were a little cutie pie! and I missed that one big time!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

JeanneP

just don't see toys now  that challange children now .my brothers loved to build things. Many quite good. Can't think of  the one now that is big all over. Seem to have stores  and a building in newyork   that have competitions . I liked to play with my kids log house that they had. Now all have IPads and iPhones they never put down.
I heard that the internet went down in York for awhile yesterday day. Bet that drove them mad. My tech.stuff is so slow along with wifi.will get slower now as they have added extra things for doing school work on
JeanneP

Shirley

That was the name, Erector Set!  My youngest son bought a big set one year when he was in college, think his friend had a garage sale. He had planned to leave it at our house until HE had a house, but we got transferred and had to get rid of everything. He didn't have a place to store his stuff so one of his buddies let him store a big trunk in his garage. Sadly, the friend's son got into things & don't think he ended up with much left of his collection. Your avatar doesn't show your dimples, Rick....  ;)

Bubble, my son's Erector Set was huge, so sorry he didn't get to keep it, must have been something he always wanted, to buy when grown up! I think his was a machine & not a house kit.

This has been fun. Next!

so_P_bubble

Who is the boy in front row with his twin?

so_P_bubble

Same boy on his father's knee -1938Photo_1938-.jpg

Vanilla-Jackie

Hm, which male member do we know who has a twin sister...
Edited: MaryAnn has - had a brother Norman Tock but not sure if they were a twin...

JeanneP

Looks like in Europe because of the short pants.on boy.did not wear long until age 14. You are saying around early 1940  I would put them now around 90 years old.
Just can't think of the names . But one man here posted many photo of his father. He was in his 90 and past about 5 years back. 
This is going to surprise me.  Ray some thing was his name

Bubble. Where are you getting these photos from?
JeanneP

RAMMEL

Quote from: JeanneP on April 02, 2020, 08:07:16 PMLooks like in Europe because of the short pants.on boy.did not wear long until age 14. You are saying around early 1940  I would put them now around 90 years old.
Just can't think of the names . But one man here posted many photo of his father. He was in his 90 and past about 5 years back. 
This is going to surprise me.  Ray some thing was his name Ray Franz ?

Bubble. Where are you getting these photos from?

It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

JeanneP

Rammel

Yes that is my guess.....
JeanneP

Shirley

No, I'm struggling with his name, give me a second... lived in Australia or NZ?, wife's name Anne? He posted crazy/wild photos of every day things. He had the gluten problem... aw, can't think of his name. He posted photos when his daughter got married, he was all spiffy in tux, etc...His wife let us know when he died and explained how their tradition of painting/decorating the coffin was.  He was originally from Denmark or Sweden?  Can't think of his name, maybe on the oldest computer. Now will drive crazy.... Last name Gatlen? I know you remember him, Rick!!! Was it Jerry Van ???

Shirley

Jerry Van Dalyn???  Aw, somebody help me!  I know that's who it is. He sent me a bunch of photos that I put on a site so his wife & family could copy them after he died. This it was the old site I haven't used in years, they closed it down to post from, I think. Anyway, that's who I think it is... pretty sure, maybe,  :'(

Vanilla-Jackie

Shirley...
... oh dear, you will drive yourself crazy trying to think of his name, and as soon as you stop thinking of his name, you know it will come back to you..you already sound as if you are halfway there...

Beverly

Shirley - I think you're right. Jerry van Dalen.

JeanneP

JeanneP

Shirley

Beverly, I had him in the e-mail, name was Garrett Van Dalen... Jerry2.... but I couldn't find any of the many photos he sent me over the years, to post for him. Maybe I have them on a CD, but do not still have that site I posted from "back then".  So is this right, Bubble? 

CallieOK

I remember Jerry2.  Very interesting fellow.