Random Image

Wedding

Owner: FlaJean
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:07:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for April 1,2020

Started by so_P_bubble, April 01, 2020, 12:14:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radioman34

This would normally be my big day at the cathedral for the Good Friday services this afternoon, but alas,it's all cancelled. But at least we are still healthy, so we give thanks for that. Our residence is very strict and we are not allowed to leave the premises. If we disobey we are put into a 14 day quarantine, so we all behave. It must be paying off because we are virus free; other homes in London have up to 20 cases reported.

Joy

Amy,  the one I am referring to is "THe PRayer ". It had come right up when I goggled it.  It is just beautiful.  I have watched it several times already this morning.

Joy
BIG BOX

Amy

Joy, the url I posted is the prayer.....beautiful song!!
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Lloyd Hammond

Good evening everyone. i am in at a better time today, we just finished our evening meal.was very good,slow cooked all night and day in the crock pot,with corn bread,home made. it was ham and brown beans. now for anyone that doesn't know, thee is a tune that goes with them. it is the musical fruit. the more you eat the more you toot, the better you feel so lets have beans for every meal. have a good evening and Night,

Lloyd

mycheal

EveryFriend

Rejoice in the Coming of Easter

self celebrate being safe

moving forward

positive, thankful

and not separating from

yourself and being.

Happy Easter

Lloyd Hammond

well I am going to cal it a day and bid you all good night and sweet dreams.

Lloyd

JaneS

Very good, MYCHEAL! I'm going to try to do that!

goodnight my friends. sleep well

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Lloyd Hammond

AMY I sure thank you for the email of the old barn. I thought about trying to figure out how to post it here In S & F but thought that you done all the hard work of getting to gather and sending it to us. so you should be the one to post it here an have the glamour. so please do post it here. I am going and take my shot and night time med's. good night sleep well.

Lloyd

so_P_bubble

Carol, same as the rest of the world, we are on house isolation - it's seems to be forever. There are new cases daily but not many in my town.
Passover was a quiet a little forlorn celebration, all alone with daughter and grand in their own place. We will see better days, hopefully soon.

happy easter.jpg

Have a good Easter celebration, every one!

so_P_bubble

I think you are all too quiet here.  Let's wake up and have some fun:  You remember those years when you were  just a little bit younger?

https://youtu.be/HdlfZ4213zM

Amy

76f2edc3-73cb-4a8f-a129-ee5625867044.jpg

Good morning everyone.

Woke to NO new snow !!Beautiful sunny day here. Today is laundry and bag up the lawn rakings and take them to the dump. All told we will have about 14 bags to go!

Bubble, thank you!! That woke me up. Thoroughly enjoyed that.

Mycheal, thank you and the same to you. There will come a time when we can look back on this and say we did it!

Lloyd, I don't know how to post it in here but I did sent it to lot of the folks here.

Enjoy your day and stay safe everyone..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone,46º clear and headed for 70º and partly cloudy.just said on local news we are going to get rain this after noon and  night. see you all later today.

Lloyd

phyllis

Good morning. It is a beautiful sunny morning here but chilly.  We even had a frost warning last night but I don't think it actually got that cold here.  I hope the strawberries didn't get nipped.

Very quiet all around.  David said quite a few are out walking when he goes out in the afternoon.  Not much traffic.  People are out working in their yard and children are playing in the street.  Looks pretty normal in our neighborhood.

Have a lovely day.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Gloria

Good morning everyone, slept great last night, woke and was surprised it was light out already. 

AMY  Another one who thinks winter is back. i TURNED THE HEAT UP BEFORE i DID ANYTHING ELSE WHEN i GOT UP. Oops sorry about the caps. My computer says 40 but feels like 32 so I need the heat this morning. I still miss the lack of snow this winter but would love to have some spreing warmth now. Tired of dressing in layers to keep warm.  Boy I miss the blubber I had to keep me warm.

JANE  wonderful that you got your shirt on yesterday.  Bet it felt good to you, a milestone accomplished. My CNA shopped for me yesterday and got me a small boneless ham so I will have my Easter ham.  I think she has the wrong job, she would be a great professional shopper.

SHIRLEY  my father was white when he was 20 so must take after him. I have a sil who is a hair dresser and years ago  talked me into coloring it.  At that  time it was a beautiful gray and I likd it but after coloring it and then letting it grow out till it was long enough to cut my hair was white. 

JOY I try  get outside every day and walk around the parking lot but with all the rain we had I did not get outside as much as I wanted. I could walk the halls in here but nothing to see but closed doors.

CAROL  I have given so many thing up but coffee I will still have in the mornings, 2 cups and no more during the day.

DON  so glad your building is virus free. So far this building is, too. I am surprised the manager still allows visitors in. My younger will be here this morning for his weekly visit. Thank God no one in my family has been hit with it yet. Stay safe.

LLOYD  I grew up wth home made baked beans so used to it so  no more tooting for me.

BUBBLE  I sure remember dancing like that oh so many years ago. Now I doubt I could do a slow dance.

AMY  love your gree ting this morning, love the Lily of the Valley and the aroma of them. Next to lilacs in the spring they are a favorite scent.

PHYLLIS  sunny and cold here, too. The cars in the parking lot have hardly moved in a week, CNA's are still coming in for their clients.

Yesterday on the news they showed a group from a Semiary in Fall River, Ma. walking to  7 churches in Fall River and showed them all kneeling on the stairs to a church the looked like St. Anne's but I thought that was one of them closed down.

Have a good day and stay safe.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Carol

We had a magnificent serenade surprise in our neighborhood yesterday.  A man walked our streets playing Scottish pipes.  Apparently, he has been showing up in several neighborhoods giving a sweet message of friendship. 

We plan to pick up groceries this morning.  What a serious lifesaving idea.  So happy that we don't have to walk in the store.  We put in our order online.  I intend to sew some masks from my stash of cotton fabric but....there is a shortage of elastic.  Wouldn't you know!  We have a few masks in the house from Don buying them for his woodwork.  We have not had to use them ...yet. 

With so many medical labs working on this, we hope and pray for a cure.  There are a few places with positive leaning results.  One of these days, we will have great news. 

mycheal

Yes, take time to reflect where we've been , where were at and with but prayers we know our direction from here on in, let those days be filled with reflections trailing us :)Don't be foolish be safe :)

JaneS

Good morning my friends! ive been up for hours and while Cathy was here his morning I had my first shower since y rm was broken.  I feel great!!

I wish you all a healthy day!

Amy

Carol
No elastic anywhere!! Some are using cotton cord or tea shirt fabric cut into thin pieces.....
Here is a site the nurse shows how to make masks.

https://bit.ly/2XsEzx2
Jimmy Dean

Amy

Jane, I bet that felt so good.

Carol ,forgot to say I would love to hear the pipes. Where I grew up about 2 streets over a fellow would play the pipes and oh what a lovely sound we heard.
Jimmy Dean

CallieOK

Good Morning,

#2 son (the half gallon Listerine deliverer  ;) ) asked me to give him a list of needs for the next 2 weeks.  He/dil went shopping this morning.  They said the grocery store parking lot was overflowing but there were very few people in Walmart- so they went there.
Of course, he brought 2 of everything but the only oversize thing was large bags of tea for ice tea instead of small ones for a cup. He couldn't find the Keurig regular tea pods.  (I need that caffeine in the morning!)  No problem:  I have some reusable pods for the Keurig that came with a measuring spoon so can open the tea bags and measure out the amount needed.  Probably get 2 cups from one tea bag.
Had to "get creative" about storing things but am now supplied for probably the rest of the month.  :smitten:

Janie,  Hooray for the shower and shirt-putting-on!  Sounds as if your recovery is progressing very well.

I grew up with baked beans prepared with:  1 can of baked beans. "some" homemade sorghum molasses (not the syrup), a a splash of Worcestershire sauce and a dollop of catsup - baked in the oven, usually with wieners slightly split at one end.  My mother was known for her "put it in the oven all at one time" meals.

First chance I have for a hair appointment will be for a razor cut. 
Shirley,  I'm amazed you can do your own haircutting this way.  I'm sure I'd slice my ear off.

Carol, a bagpiper serenaded our tour group as we stood on the Red Cliffs on Orby Head in Prince Edward National Park, Nova Scotia.  He was a student at the College of Piping in Charlottetown. It was very impressive.

My church has been broadcasting Holy Week services via video on Facebook.  The only ones in the sanctuary are the two pastors, the pianist and a trio of singers - plus whoever is videoing them.  We get an e-mail on Saturday with the Order of Worship.  I was able to "participate" in the Maundy Thursday service for the first time since I stopped driving at night.

An Arctic front is supposed to move in by 2:00 p.m. tomorrow and we may have a hard freeze Monday and Tuesday. Neighbor across the street spent quite a while putting out bedding plants on Friday while it was almost 80º.  She may be replanting!

Project du Jour is to make up some slider sandwiches and put some round steak in the small slow cooker. If it won't all fit in there, I plan to brown the rest and put it in the oven with Cream of Mushroom soup. Might bake a potato to go with it.

Off I go....

Shirley

Ah, finally woke up.... and here's one back attcha, Bubble.... Loved to jitterbug...loved to dance and I married someone that could NOT hear the beat to music!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vOUYry_5Nw

Trees absolutely bending double today. Would not be a day to cut down the dry tall grass, what was planned to do. Lunch time. I did hard boil a pan of eggs this morning. NO DYE and nobody to dye for.  :tissue:  At least none of my family or friends have the virus so far. My little 3 year old stepped off something yesterday, Dad & Mom right there.... had to go to the ER & get 6 stitches in his big toe. Toe is one worry, but going to ER/germs is another whole worry. His gr-father (Andy) was in the ER about the same age for just stepping off his high chair, foot tangled & he took the fall on his chin. We waited for a couple hours for the doctor to show up & stitch his chin, that whole fatty pad dropped when the bone cut a perfect half circle. I grabbed a clean washrag, hand full of ice cubes & told him he couldn't cry because of bleeding. Held the skin  together while Cas got us to the hospital.

You guessed right, Callie, the fingers that hold the clump of hair got nicked often, but I finally got the hang after 70+ years.

I ordered me a baker's rack to hold the tins of catfood, Friskies as well as the people salmon & tuna. Got tired of hauling to the basement & running down ever day or leaving at the door to go down & tripping over it. Should be here Tuesday (good ole Amazon).

CallieOK

Forgot to mention that I enjoyed the dancing videos.  I loved to dance - could jitterbug and do the Latin ones but never did get the gist of the Twist. 
Edit:  Never got thrown over anybody's shoulder, though!
The Speaker of the State House of Representatives, who was a friend of my parents, was our h.s. Commencement speaker in 1953.  He led the Bunny Hop with me at the after-party.
Hubby was a good dancer, except for jitterbugging, and we enjoyed some of the country/western dances when they came along.

Back to the kitchen.....

Sandy

Phew...  Wow...  that jitterbug
was fun !!

Except I am so stiff right
now that I had to just watch
and not join in. 

I keep getting up early in the
AM and going into my back room
to get it cleaned up and orderly
as possible.    This sure takes a
lot out of me.  But also gives me
something to do while in total
isolation because of Covid-19... 

This year is going to be a beast..
So much for 2020... Already I
am wishing it away, which I
shouldn't be doing now that I am 76.   
 :uglystupid2:  :coolsmiley: 
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Shirley

Sandy, you are a baby!!!  ONLY 76! :thumbup:

I checked my Easter stuff in the basement & discovered 3 packages of dye... I usually buy for the next year but didn't remember doing it last. Offered to the parents of great grands here & they already did theirs. Such is life!  Got an errand to run so check in later.

JaneS

I have a lot to say but only one finger to say it with and it frustrates the heck out of me! So I'm just going to sa that I'm glad you all sound so chipper!  KEEP IT UP!!!

Amy

Jimmy Dean

Sandy

A 76 year old BABY   !!!

Whose muscles are sore from
working so hard around this
apartment...    Had to be done
and I am really happy with the
results,  so far.

But my body hurts!!

Sandy
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Lloyd Hammond

CallieOK you may sagest to your Neighbor to take some gallon cans if she can find them cut both ends out of them. stretch some heavy clear plastic over one end. and put a heavy rubber over it to hold it in place.take them off after the sun comes up, unless it is below freezing and wend is blowing hard. that should save them. have a god rest of the day.  I have some raised beds,waste high,with pbc 1/2" pipe over them and clear venial over them. a 1x2 board over them,you can role up for a little air to circulate through the day after the sun rises. works good can start radishes and lettuce. early. works good for me. I have the circumference foundation of a  green house 36 feet wide and 40 feet long laid out ready to put up the bows. and they in the high part are 12-14 feet clearance. that will let me extend the growing season on both ends, see you all later.

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

Sandy I heard once a man twice a child. I think that could work for a female as well.

Lloyd

JaneS