Random Image

Blue Quilt

Owner: Amy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:43:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for April 1,2020

Started by so_P_bubble, April 01, 2020, 12:14:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

so_P_bubble

Since so many enjoy dancing, maybe you would like to do your morning gymnastic in music?
Here is inspiration for some great exercises   ;D

https://youtu.be/o4Oai5nJ1Wo

Amy

d8608282-ca15-45d6-9a68-473240921d6b.jpg

Good morning everyone..

Beautiful day here...a few dark clouds in the sky and 24° F.
This will be an Easter to remember as there is no getting together of family.

Sandy, Rome wasn't built in a day so cleaning can last over a few days. Take it easy and take care of yourself.

Lloyd ,interesting garden beds!

Gloria, if you lived next door you would have a loaf of bread I made yesterday. One for us ,one for the freezer and one to give away.

Callie, I tried to shop in the morning yesterday and both grocery stores had long line ups. Went back around 4 and one had a line up but the other one didn't. I can't imagine when summer comes and tourists (that  have been told to stay home) get here.

Phyliss, I hope to soon work in the garden but the weather has to warm up a lot more.
Jane, hope you had a fantastic nights sleep.

Better get a move on .

Enjoy your day everyone.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Amy

Bubble, a loooooooooong time ago I would be able to do the moves . BUT now if I got down......would I get back up??? Enjoyed the show.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Shirley

This really is the most unusual Easter of my 85 years. If some evil force had contrived to prevent Christians from celebrating this Holy Day, they could not have found a better way. The whole world has fallen under the pressure a virus that can't be seen, that is a mystery to scientists, and caused more fear than past wars. As the next 24 hours passes, I will contemplate these facts and pray that all that is good will win, that the fear leaves our thoughts, that we can find a way to help each other. Peace Be With You.

phyllis

Quote from: ShirleyIf some evil force had contrived to prevent Christians from celebrating this Holy Day, they could not have found a better way.

We still celebrate Easter, Shirley.  We just do it in a different way.  God understands.

It is a beautiful sunny morning here.

HAPPY EASTER!
phyllis
Cary,NC

Shirley

Bubble, that is the most amazing dancing/gymnastics I've ever seen! Can you imagine the practice it took to get those moves so perfect?  Thanks!

It also occurred to me that Christians aren't the only people being denied "religious freedom" at this time, others that I know very little about are also sacrificing.  Hugs, thanks to you and sympathy for what your country, family is going through.

You are so right, Phyllis. Can you imagine how lonely people must be without a computer or phone to stay in touch? Much to be thankful for!

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. well that was beautiful to watch. But I have too many aces and pains to even try  a fast dance. sun is up and bright. pretty day. supposed to cloud up and rain this after noon. some clouds are starting to role in so may rain as the weather guesser says.hope you all a have a great day as you like it.

Amy

If some evil force had contrived to prevent Christians from celebrating this Holy Day, they could not have found a better way.

I agree with Phyllis, we will celebrate Easter, not in our usual way but as June would say thanks be to God we will celebrate. No matter where we are, how humble we are....we will celebrate. God has made us a force to be reckoned with.

99ea2fd0-22f0-40d4-817b-f234569b8b64.jpg
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

At 11:15 I'm going to the Easter service at THE NATIONL CATHEDRAL OF ST. PETER AND ST. PAUL better known as Washington Natioal Cathedral.  it's an Episcopal Cathedral and I've had the pleasure of several tours there and even attended a regular Sunday service there a few years back  Today will be special!

I wish you all a special day too!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Carol

Happy Easter!  We have snow and lost power two times this morning.  We are scheduled to chat online at the same time with our four children plus grands - it is called Zoom.  Otherwise, we have used SKYPE for many years. 

Jenny:  I am so sorry you had to cancel your flight. 

Stay safe everyone. 

Gloria

Good morning everyone, well it is now after 11 am. I woke just after 10 this morning and was shocked when I saw the time. Just had a call from my older son an he is bringing me dinner. I know it will be a short visit.

CAROL  yesterday whe had a bandana on for a mask. He has so many of them he uses a different one all the time. He always had trouble breathing with a mask on and now wearing glasses the glasses steam up and he has to romove them.

AMY  oh boy I know how that first shower feels after I had my shoulder surgery.

AMY  my daughter told me yesterday she went hunt ing through all her sewing things that were not looke at since they moved and found some elasic so now she can get busy making some masks.

SHIRLEY  In the Mood was one I loved dancing to, those days are so well gone now. I remember Scott Hamilton  Olympic gold winner skate to it. Boy what a bundle of energy he was.

AMY  I sent your graphic to my daughter. Thanks for all the nice things you post every morning, look forward top them. Your Happy Easter was a keeper.

SHIRLEY  if this virus is the way for the human world to end it is a miserable way to suffer. Being isolated from others is terrible.

BUBBLE  I would never be able to do that even when I was young and agile.

Happy Easter Everyone

Have a good day and stay safe.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

CallieOK

Happy Easter,

I just finished watching the service from my own church via a Facebook video.  Very simplified but all the "elements" were included.

It's a cloudy, damp, gloomy, "squeaky-creaky" day and an Arctic Front is supposed to arrive early afternoon that will drop the temperatures into the 30's.  :(
(Thanks, Carol and Jenny, for sharing!  ;D )

I woke up much earlier than intended so have already read the paper and met the Daily Challenge/Daily Goals on my Solitude games.  What now?  :thinking:

Shirley

Well, shucks, I had a much too long post that went away. I remember what happened, phone rang & instead of hitting post a 2nd time, I "offed" the site! 

Gloria, I was going on & on about the neat card & that I read all the extra information about the Faberge' eggs. Wouldn't you love to actually see one of those eggs?  We had a history teacher in 3rd & 4th grades that had visited the royal palace where the Russian Tsar & family was killed, she was there not too long after the revolution when their blood was still on the walls where they were murdered. That was my first information about the Faberge' eggs and over the years I read everything I could about them. That teacher traveled the world and brought back the love of history & geography to us. I'm sure she was never told how much she meant. Thanks for the card, hope your meal was nice.

I have not watched the Easter service from my church yet... had naps, phone calls and #2 son sent a text to "check my front porch". He left a basket full of goodies, brought tears to my eyes that he did it.

Bubble, that dance was something to watch! I can only imagine how much practice it took to have all those steps so perfect. Sometimes I can't get the links to work so really pleased this one did. Now I want to copy it so I can send to my daughter, she was captain of the drill team in high school & college and will appreciate how good they are. Wishing you & yours a Happy Passover. Have you ever been so alone for one?

Before I lose this post, better stop to resize, etc. Wishing each pleasant dreams. Shirley

JaneS

Good night everyfriend! It's been a memorable Easter Sunday!

Lloyd Hammond

Hello everyone.well I went to wally world and got some milk and a few things we needed and some garden seed and most important for Nancy a dozen red roses, sure put a smile on her face, Only visitor we had was Nicole, she came and ate dinner with us. yow has it turned cold on us. from in the 70's yesterday to current 33º and wend 10 to 15 mph out of the north.and wind chill in the low 20's. must be AMY's fault she keeps bragging about the below o and here beautiful snow. AMY I wont fuss to much at you if you do not let the snow come this way. even with that we should not complane. i see on T V where some people have got tornadoes and flooding. and the death  with the virus. so I have had my shot and I am going to go take my night time med's. and go to bed hope to see you all tomorrow. good Night and sweet dreams.

Lloyd

Denver

🐥 HAPPY EASTER, EVERYFRIEND 🐥

Like many have stated, this was one very different Easter for all of us. 

We watched two different services on the TV.  Appreciated having them to watch, but it just was not right😩😢. This morning I had a bit of a pity party, I am sorry to admit.  I think the snow and gloominess had a lot to do with it😢. 

We talked to all of the family and FaceTime'd with all 4 sons and their families. Everyone is doing well, and getting through this quarantine time the best they can.  I am proud of all of them as they have not ventured out of the home except for Dave to go to work, and Michele to go to chemo and associated appointments.  Tomorrow Michele has to go for her PET scan...🙏🙏🙏.

It seems all of you had a nice day.  How sweet.

CAROL, I have tried to find out if there is a way to know when and where the nice man that plays the Bag Pipes will be.  So happy you were able to see and hear him.  I hope he will choose our community to come play as well.  I read a lot about him and he sure is appreciated. Sorry to read about your power outage.  We did not have one here....but I did hear of other areas that did. 

Thank you, AMY, for the nice goodies you had for us today. 

Thank you, BUBBLE, for the video......WOW, that was something else to watch, and I really enjoyed it.  I am sorry you, your daughter and grandson had to spend Passover apart😢😢. We have friends that were on a world wide cruise on the Queen Mary 2.  This morning she posted that she enjoyed her time in Israel more than any other place they visited.  She love the Holy Land.  She shared so many wonderful pictures each day of hat they were seeing. 

SHIRLEY, how nice to read about your surprise drop off from your son. Sorry to read about the 3 year old randSon having to go for stitches.  Oh my.  We have a friend that is the head of Emergency Centers here in the Denver area and she said they have had to lay off so many doctors and staff as they just have no business.  Not many accident, car or people.... and no one wants to go to the ER. The hospitals here in the metro area are just not that full.  They have made a 350 bed hospital in our convention center and at this point they do not even think they will need it...but it is there and ready if they do!  We heard one of the ones they set up in the Seattle area was taken down as it was never used. 

Thank you GLORIA, for the nice Easter Card.

I am sorry, but I had best post this before I loose it. 

Sleep well and bless you all.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Gloria

Good morning everyone, I knew I would not g much sleep last night after sleeping so good Saturday night. My son brought me a bunch of containers yeserday and I have enough for 2 more meals. I really enjoyed the ham, I had been longing for some and not just  the slices one can get in the markets.

SHIRLEY  those Faberge eggs are something aren't they? The way the Russian dancer jmped I wondered if they had springs in their shoes.

LLOYD  we have a wind warning for today with winds so strong there will be trees toppled and branches broken. We had a sunny morning yesterdy but clouded up in the afternoon.

JENNY  I saw both sons over the week end and of course saw my daughter on Skype. I was surprised yesterday that son was growing a beard. Told me his razor is in quarantine. It is all white like my  other son's beard.

Looks like I an too early for everyone this morning. Hope you all wake refreshed after a night of sleeping well.

Have a good day and stay safe.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Shirley

Good morning, Gloria! I woke at 4:00 am but didn't get up until 5:00. Cats fed & now my turn. All I need to is pop my bowl of ham & scrambled egg gravy into the microwave for a few minutes, make toast & enjoy. Growing up we always ate milk gravy on white bread toast instead of biscuits, so this is a real treat. Cas always wanted his gravy on biscuits (like his Mother made, but mine were never as melt in your mouth as hers).

Anyway, my baker's rack is out for delivery (day early) so that will be the project if it arrives before dark tonight. I'm guessing it will be a lot of little pieces to screw together so will go give my power drill a try. I have not actually used it but Andy tells me it does have the screwdriver bit for the job. He gave it to me for Christmas & has used it when here, (to make sure it works okay....} so now my turn. I've always used Cas' tools but knew he would take care of maintenance (oil, etc)... I have a battery powered saw to cut down the tall grass but am pretty sure it needs oil on the saw teeth & don't remember what kind so used the "loppers" to cut off some. Elbow grease is all needed to use those.  :-\  But I ran out before the job was finished. My lawn guys don't do that kind of work and have not been able to find help that does. My boys have their own houses to take care of & if I'm going to stay in this house, I want to handle maintenance (except for the unexpected jobs).  ::)

I'll bet another early bird or two will be here when I post... Have a great Easter Monday!

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning Gloria and everyone else that shows up after while. it is 31º and mostly clear and saying a high of 42º and mostly cloudy. we had light rain and a peak of sun yesterday. we wish you all a great day just as you like it.

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

Shirley you and I woke up about the same time, good thing we are geographically several  miles apart we would be accused of sleeping together. have a god day.

Lloyd

JaneS

I'm up. Mickie's been out and had her pill. I had my first cup of coffee, stripped the bed and the sheets are washing. 

Cathy's going to remake the bed when she comes back this afternoon.  after a pretty good sleep, it's a pretty good start for a new day!

You all keep up the good work, stay healthy and be happy!  AND KNOW I LOVE YOU ALL!

Amy

f5629bf1-07ad-4e20-a292-3fb0c12907a7.jpg

Good morning everyone..

Liquid sunshine this morning with the treat of a thunderstorm later in the day. Would like to get back to sewing but first I have some lemon cranberry muffins to make. Heard the birds chattering this morning, Jays ,doves and then the loons!! They are now back to stay.

Jenny , prayers for good.....no the BEST results for Michele's PET scan.

Shirley, we now know who the Easter bunny is.YOUR son!!What a sweet surprise.

Gloria, enjoyed watching the card unfold. Thank you..

Better get a move on it..

Jimmy Dean

phyllis

I'm awake and keeping one eye on the sky.  We are under a tornado watch and it is raining and very windy right now.  My fingers and toes are crossed....I HATE wind.

Easter dinner was nice but I was really tired after all the prep. and cooking so I'm taking it easy today.  The ham was really good and I will portion it today and put the pkgs. in the freezer.  We will have ham for months!.....Let's think now: ham and beans, ham and scrambled eggs, ham loaf, ham and potato soup, ham omelet, ham and scalloped potato casserole, ham frittata, ham biscuits, ham and cheese sandwiches, ham and......  :thinking:

Stay safe, All.  ......ham timbales, ham sliders, ham salad, ham.......
phyllis
Cary,NC

JaneS

i'm here to tell you its possible to remake a stripped bed with just one arm! I DID IT!! But the pillowcases wont cooperate. they said they wont work until someone with 2 arms forces them!

so_P_bubble

Amy

Jane, way to go!!! Can you peg your pillow case to the back of a chair leaving one side open... and shove the pillow in? 
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

I DID IT!!! But I couldn't figure out how to use a chair so I took awaste bsket that's always lined and only takes in paper.  I took the liner out and lined it with a pillow case, stuffed the pillow in and there it was!!  Thanks fo making me think!

Amy

:thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup: I knew you could do it!!
Jimmy Dean

Shirley

Great job, JANIE!!! :nanadance:  :nanadance2:  :nanadance:  :nanadance2:  :nanadance:  :nanadance2:  :angel4:  :cheer: