Random Image

bash

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:31:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for April 15,2020

Started by so_P_bubble, April 14, 2020, 11:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. I have been on the laptop on the big screen TV but could not get it take a post,so I came over to this Laptop, it is working like it should, But my head and body is not so I am going back to bed and hope I just go to sleep with out those bad dreams, see you all later today.

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Light snow over night ,sun will take care of that later.

Friends came and we exchanged our groceries yesterday.I did bake bread and sent them home with a loaf plus took on to our neighbour. Had a wee nap  in the afternoon too!

Today is to get the new gas cap if it is in then home to clean. Wash walls etc.Tis fun to do and if anyone would like to enjoy the job let me know  ;)

Callie, I don't know if the places that normally sell plants will here this summer. I was going to pick up a tomato plant plus some wave petunias but will wait and see.

Jenny, much safer to swim in your own pool than to venture out to a resort. Everything is shut down here...only a few stores are open. Walmart and grocery stores are open, other one like the hardware stores you have to phone in and pick it up curbside.

Jane, grass cutting??? Wow you are so far ahead of us...buds on the trees have yet to take their winter coats off it is still cold here. Just watch when the weather warms up everything will pop with new life.

Gloria, we have planes that fly that low over the house and you can see the pilot in them. Doesn't happen very often but interesting to see.

Sandy ,glad you are stay safe..

Lloyd. hope you caught more sleep.

Phyllis, hope you feel better soon. That is not a nice feeling with that and it can't go away soon enough!

Better move it, take care everyone..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfreind!  We're up, Mickie went out and then had her pill.  I had my first cup of coffee and we're waiting for he boinger!

We're going to try something new today.  Cathy's not coming this morning.  She's going to try to get back to her usual morning routine and I'm going to try to work out a new one.  The only thing I really need is someone to walk Mickie and I'll just put on my shoes and walk around the fenced yard with her for a bit!  If I doesn't work, Cathy will be back tomorrow.  It'll work!!  Where there's a will, there's a way!!!

I have to deal with the cooked chicken this morning and I want to make up a casserole for breakfast tomorrow. Thought if I got it all mixe and put it in the fridge, I can bake it tomorrow while we wait for the boinger. 

Hope Everyfriend is feeling better and stronger today and all goes well for all of you.  Being closed in is bad enough.  We don't need "sick" to go with it.  We don't need snow either!

I wish you all a good day! 
Make it your own in every way!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Gloria

Good morning everyone. Must have slept much better last night. If I am not sleepy when I go to bed I cannot fall asleep and I was reading and getting to the end and we know that is the best part of a book and had to finish it  at  almost  2 am so woke at 9:30 or so and am now here with my coffee.

PHYLLIS  praying for you to feel better PDQ.

JANE  when I fall asleep I never hear  even a loud thunderstorm. as for dreaming I never remember one or know if I had any. I am out till I wake.

JENNY  IT WAS A SUNNY DAY HERE oops hit the caps lock. Not warm enough for me to go out though. No sunshine today with a gray sky. We aren't that far from Boston so weather not much different. Maybe an hour ride from here.

LLOYD  hope you got more sleep and woke refreshed.

AMY  wish I could still wash my walls and get this place all spic and span. I will be here 6 years in June and these walls have never been washed. That is sure not like I used to be. I wonder if some restaurants here will ever reopen. A few have take out only-pick up at curb.

JANE  I am getting so tired of being cooped up in these 3 small rooms. Thankfully I do get my CNA today.

SHIRLEY  I hope you are feeling better today.

JOY  hope you are doing better every day.

Have a good day and stay safe.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

angelface555

From Tom Tock

My Aunt Mary Ann passed away at our home yesterday evening after a few weeks of hospice care. It was a glorious day in which we celebrated her 96th birthday 4 days early. Stand around her bed, we sang happy birthday to her as a family and friends. Within a few hours she stopped breathing having passed in the presence of a merciful God.

As a child a spend most summer weekends at her cottage on Upper Lake near Cedar Springs. Through most of college and seminary I lived with her. This allowed my to graduate almost debt free. The last few years of her life she asked that I move in so she could stay in her home longer, which she did till the end. I will be forever grateful that she was in my life.

_______
Mary Ann Tock, beloved aunt to Tim, Tom & Terry passed away at home on Sunday, April 19, 2020. Born April 23, 1924 in Wellsburg, West Virginia, her family moved to Grand Rapids in 1925. She was predeceased by her parents Norman Tock, Sr. and Merle Fleming Tock, her brother Norman Tock Jr., her nephews Tim Tock, Terry Tock, and cousin Steve Harton, grand nephew Chris Salcau, and cousins Jim and Joan Harton. She is survived by her nephews Tom Tock, cousins Tom Harton and Bob Harton, nieces Jan Lancaster and Gina Partyka, sister-in-law Dorothy Tock, great-nephews and nieces Paula (Eric) Mertins, Geoff Tock (Charissa Chan), Erin Tock, James (Alicia)Tock, Cate Tock, and Adrienne Salcau; great-great nieces and nephews, Avery and Conner Mertins, Johanna and Eleanor Tock, and Isaiah and Ezra Tock, and Kendrick, her cat she shared with Cate.

She loved her nephews and nieces throughout her life and was very generous to them through her time, home, and gifts. She got a kick out of when others went south for the winter in their retirement she went north to Boyne City to live near Tom's family for few winters.

Having graduated from Creston High School (1941) she remained a "North Ender" the rest of her life. She traveled throughout the American West with her father and to Guatemala, England, Denmark, Germany, Canada, and Alaska. Mary Ann worked for Consumers Powers for 43 years, was a member of Second Congregational Church for 75 years (attended for 92 years) and a long time member of the Daughters of The American Revolution. Mary Ann was passionate about the family genealogy and created volumes of materials for her family.

The family would like to thank the incredible caregivers who served Aunt Mary Ann; Robin Janulis Martilotta, a long time family friend and personal assistant capturing even more genealogy information in the final months of her life, Margaret, Darla, Markita, Amy, and Scarlett.

Memorials may be made to Second Congregational Church, Emmanuel Hospice or the North End Community Ministry.

Due to the COVID crisis a family celebration of her life will take place at a later time.

Amy

Patricia, thank you again. We all knew this day was coming and so sad to have it come. Our group is getting smaller and smaller..special folks have left, leaving a huge hole in our hearts, Larry,Hal June and Joan amongst others in the past.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

CallieOK

Patricia,  I also thank you again for posting about Mary Ann. She reminds me of my beloved Aunt Esther who never married and doted on her nieces, nephews and their families.  I keep up with cousins from the generation younger than mine and we all have stories about Aunt Esther.
Mary Ann will be missed by all who knew her.

Tomereader1

My condolences to Mary Ann's family.  She lived a long and remarkable life, cherished her many family members, as she cherished each of them.  MaryAnn will continue to be a "missing piece" of our S&F family, as we all looked forward to seeing her posts here.  God rest her soul. 

Denver

Good Monday HELLO to EVERYFRIEND 🌞🌞

Thank you, PATRICIA for sharing Tom's message.  Although we all knew that MA was not doing well, I think we all expected for her to feel better and she would be able to come back in to greet us once again😩😢 She was a very loved lady and we all will miss her SO very much 🦋🦋. Last night, before I retired, I was looking at the picture that I had saved of her, and said a special little prayer.  I thought about her Birthday coming up and wanted to make sure I sent her a card.  Little did I know, she had already passed on. 🙏

It warmed my heart to read that the family celebrated her 96th Birthday yesterday.  MA and my Dad are the same age.....born in April of 1924 🦋.      RIP MARY ANN TOCK 🙏

GLORIA, I know you are not far from Boston at all.....and I just hope the next time I am there I will be able to get over to meet you in person❣️  The family is not swimming today....they said there is no sunshine, however I know one grandson will be in that pool at some point....he is a little fish 🏊‍♂️.  He got in the pool the minute it was uncovered and was up and running.  They sent a video of him and he did let out a good scream after he came up for air! 

AMY, sounds like your Sunday was a nice one.  I hope you get that gas cap and get back home so you can start in on cleaning those walls.  Bless your heart.....sadly, I have turned into a slug 🐌.  I do have a couple of irons in the fire, but nothing like what your plans are🙈  So, no, I won't be joining in with you today😘

JANE, I have no doubt that you will make it through the day on your own.....as you say, "where there is a will there is a way"!  I am sure Mickie would much rather be out walking, but a trip around the yard just might have to do! I sure am proud of you the way you just keep on going with what ever you need to do in spite of that broken shoulder! 

We do have sunshine today, so that makes me a happy camper.....

I hope you all have a good rest of your day.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

JaneS

I'm typing this with tears in my eyes.  Mary Ann was a very special lady who loved life and lived it to the fullest.  It was plain to see that her family was the brightest part of her life.  I know she's in heaven and has no more pain in her life.  I will miss her as if she lived next door!  God bless all her family and bring you peace!  Love and good wishes go with her and also remain here with all the generations of her family who loved and were loved by her!

Shirley

Thank you, Patricia, for bringing the message here, and thank you Tom Tock, for letting us know, and also for realizing how much Mary Ann meant to all of us. Because Mary Ann loved and talked about her family so much, we feel like we know all of you so any time you get a chance, we'd love to know how life goes on with the Tock Family. God Bless and give you strength, so hard to console each other without sharing hugs and tears. She will live on in our memories and hearts. Shirley in Kansas

Lloyd Hammond

wow I am wore slick,I have spent well over one hour with a teck. don't know what happened but it finely started working. so i wish you all a great day.
AMY did you get my email.if you did fine. but we will not be calling you on the phone any more. when it gets settled down with this viruis thing and we can travel we will come see you.our phone bill was through the roof for the call to you. it said it was a international call. our passport will let us come your way I think. I have not done any thing foul, so I should still be able to travel, Nancy has also got a clean past to date from birth. when I was in the service I had the hugest security Clarence you could have. and I have not done anything to dirty my nose.

Lloyd

mycheal

Mary Ann is forever resting in eternal peace ,  having lived a good productive compassionate life.
To her Family my Sincere Condolences.
God Bless
Mycheal

Joy

I was on my way to bed and realized I needed to turn off the computer.   I decided to check in here and I am just so sorry to read about the passing of Mary Ann.  Like Jane, I, too, have tears in my eyes.  Was not expecting to see that news.  After seeing her picture the other day, I thought that she would be back with us in a couple days.  I want to extend my deepest sympathy to all her family and friends.  She was a special friend here for a long time and will be greatly missed.  What a sad thought I have to go to bed with now.

Joy
BIG BOX

Gloria

Good morning everyone at 2:10 am. I kind ot knew it would be that kind of night after the way I slept the clock around 2 nights ago. Might as well get up and get the day started and am enjoying my coffee and this morning it tastes great. No sunshine here  today. A cold front coming in later and might have thunder storms late afternoon according to last night's forecast.

AMY  thank you for your email last night about Mary Ann.

To Tom or any member of her family if you look in here my deepest sympathy for the loss of Mary Ann.We will all miss her.

PATRICIA  thank you for the whole obit. So sad how small our group is getting.There are a few here with computers that I have talked to about this site but they just aren't interested.

JENNY  my CNA alr eady has the chemicals for her pool and so has my #2 son. It will be more than a month before  it warms up enough to open the pools here.My 2 granddaughters are ;ike fish uin their pool and my CNA's 2 grandsons cannor wait for her pool to be opened.

JANE  Mary Ann sent me a slip of a plant she had because my daughter had some in hanging pots outside. Some of my daughters flowers were as big as diner plates. Mary Anne's plant was inside near her slider and a bright red but being inside the flowers were much smaller. She told me once she had to give the big plant away because it got so big and  heavy she could not handle it anymore. The slip was doing good till I moved here. Most all the ones I had died in this place. West sun is too hot for the plants and that is all the sun I get.

LLOYD  sorry you did not realize when you called Amy it was international. You live in the USA and she lives in Canada.

JOY  I checked my email before closing last night and learned about Mary Ann. A sad thing to take to bed.

Have a good day and stay safe.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Woke up to snow ,not a sight I wanted to see.

Will continue on today with what didn't get done yesterday. Why is it when you start one job a multitude of jobs pop up and sideline you from the main job?? Or maybe I am just easily side tracked??

Gloria, that is too early to start the day.........hope you can cat nap later on.

Jenny, yes, I finally did get the gas cap . Now I hope this is the right fix for the problem.

Better get a start on the day.

Enjoy your day everyone..
Jimmy Dean

Lloyd Hammond

Good morning everyone. well I will have to do my visiting and well wishes here in S & F until the things settle down and we can travel in the Motor home. we have Passports where we can travel to either border and cross, but have no desire to cross the southern one now days. when I was in the service and stationed at white sands missal range and Lived in Las cruses NM. we could and did cross at El Paso and buy things cheep. Have a good day.

Lloyd

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  We're up and have our morning started.  I have my coffee and Mickie's waiting for the boinger.  I'm not sure what today will bring but I'm ready for it.  I got the exercises from the orthopedist yesterday and we have a tele appointment on Wednesday. 

I also have a couple recipes I want to try so at least one is on the schedule for today.  I didn't get the breakfast on put together last night because I got interested in a movie.  It was "The Hunt For Red October" about a Russian sub captain who wanted to defect.  The book was written by one of my favorite authors, Tom Clancy.  I loved the book and I love the movie.  It also starred two of my favorite actors...Sean Connery and Alec Baldwin.  Besides reading the book, I've probably seen the movie at least a dozen times and it's just as good the last time as it was the first time.

I wish you all a lovely day!
Make it your own in every way!

And don't forget to share it with your nosy interested friends!

phyllis

Good morning on a bright, sunny morning.  (thankfully)

I was so sad to read about Mary Ann this morning.  I always admired her and enjoyed her daily posts.  I'm glad she had her loving family with her.  They meant so much to her.

The vertigo is better today and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that today will be a good day.

Take care, All.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Shirley

Just checking in, haven't had breakfast myself and was side tracked on the computer and didn't notice that Tiger finally came in for hers. I had fed Tom & Callie and needed to open another can of tuna before feeding Tiger. She always wants things her way & often I will take her breakfast down the hall when I go get dressed. I didn't get around this morning so she went past me to go outside in a huff, patted the door for me to open (Tom & Callie already out). I realized what had happened so tried to talk her back in, cats!!!. I gave up, opened the tuna & took her bowl out on the step, she wouldn't look at me but put her head down to eat anyway. A fresh opened can of tuna is her favorite food.  ::)  I have been royally put down for my neglect!

Guess we are all feeling the empty place that was the hope Mary Ann would be back with us. In my world I am sure she & Norm and all the rest of their family, are having the hugs and pats on the back & shoulders they've been missing. What else can Heaven be? Bubble just posted a young photo of Norm over in Photos Guess who. Aren't we lucky to have met so many people from all over the world through out computers?!

Gloria, all other years before last, when I bought a very expensive pool cover, we dumped the pool water, scrubbed it out & put fresh well water in. It takes 7 hours of running the well pump to fill the pool and so much less chemicals it was a fair exchange. I felt better about the water. BUT last year I had the pool guy take the cover off & just dump chemicals, it stayed so much nicer than before the cover and nobody swims in it anyway. I just don't like the smell of chemicals. When it was fresh water all I had to do was put chlorine floaters in & in 3 days it was sparking like a picture. I will be calling my pool guy & open this one in the next couple weeks, waiting for the signal we can have people around again. Yard guys were here yesterday & I was extra careful how I handed them the money. They are both firemen & have this business on their days off, so I know they have been tested.

Have a whole list of to-dos for today, starting with filling this growling tummy. Wishing all of you a happy day full of extra nice moments.  Love you.... Shirley

Denver

GOOD MORNING 💐

I am still trying to get my head around the fact of our MARY ANN's passing.  I really did expect her to come back in and post with us once again😢. One thing for sure......I do not like the fact that our special group of friends are dwindling down at a much faster rate than I want to accept 😡😩! 

GLORIA, I knew right away when I saw the time you were posting that you were not having a good night of rest😩  Boston son sent a picture yesterday with snow on the ground....so I doubt they were swimming yesterday🤣🤣. This is a brand new pool for them, so the kids have been really wanting to get it up and running.  They have a salt pool and the water is so soft and of course there are no chemical smells! 

AMY, I certainly hope the gas cap is all that is needed to solve the problem on the van. I understand the thoughts you share....we start one task and in doing so there are ALWAYS other tasks that are required! 

SHIRLEY, I can not tell you how much I enjoy the cat chronicals of the day with you and your kitties😘. 

PHYLLIS, good to see your post.  I hope and pray that the vertigo will leave you SOON, and never return❣️

JANE, I am anxious to read what the recipe of the day will be.  Seems you are getting along just fine!  YIPPEE❣️

I wish you all a great day.....gang in there and be as safe as you can during these troubled times😍

Jenny......smiling because we have sunshine and nice temperatures today 😘
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

angelface555

Please place posts about MaryAnn in Tranquil Cove or copy your earlier responses to that site so I may send them to Tom, her nephew, thanks.

https://www.seniorsandfriends.org/index.php?topic=800.msg175073#new

JaneS

Well, the recipe today turned out to be potato soup ala my daddy's recipe made with the last of the potatoes that were trying to sprout.  It wasn't as good as Daddy's but it was quite tasty.  And there's more left over for tomorrow.  Maybe even supper tonight.  I'm not against eating something twice in one day if it's really good.

And tonight, I'm planning (again) to make up the breakfast casserole and put it in the fridge overnight.  I shredded the necessary cheese for in in and that was the big part of the job.

PHYLLIS, I hope your good feeling held up and the vertigo is a thing of the past!

SHIRLEY, I'm like JENNY with your cat stories.  They crack me up!

I'm wondering if any of you got your stimulus payment yet.  My granddaughter got hers and her neighbor who is my daughter's niece on the other side, got hers.  I'm thinking it's alphabetic because they are both at the beginning of the alphabet.  Of course, if any of you got yours, I wouldn't know if it was alphabetic or now because I don't know a lot a last names in here.  I'm way down at the end as you can tell because I post as JaneS.

I guess I better get off this chair or nothing will get done for the rest of the day.  And I have to have something to show for the day!

Keep on keeping on!

Lloyd Hammond

well I have treed to make and post three times and get it nearly completed and I bump the wrong thing and away it goes. so Tom, i am sorry for her Passing also. we all here miss her. but she is better off with God and her pain is all gone. it is sunny and 70º here in MO. this afternoon. have a great rest of the day everyone.

Lloyd

Shirley

Jane, I do love potato soup so could you 'splain what/how you put it together. In my life, potatoes are the most comforting of all foods, be they souped, mashed, french fried, baked.  Oh, I have not gotten a stimulus check, couldn't believe they would send to Seniors that didn't have a paying job but people say they do.

I really goofed when I cashed iBonds, 3 last year in Cas' name & 3 again this, in my name.... tax man told me to do only one a year but since they didn't have beneficiaries listed I thought they would be more difficult for the kids to cash "down the line".... They had nearly doubled & taxes were awful on them, but I held out my hand for cash & nobody ever needs know what I do with that money! Anyway, made my income look pretty good 2 years in a row and will be pleased if I get some of that tax money back. I think most of us in here have done the best we could all our lives, and should NOT have to pay taxes ever again... Yea? I've had a lot of fun, not many regrets and fantastic memories just being happy.

I go into my pity-party mode every time I have to pay unfair tax, after all, WE were the ones that saved the money by building our own house, doing all our own work. Could go on to whine that I can count on one had the number of times I've paid for a hair cut, never had a manicure or pedicure, sewed my own clothes for the dinners we were lucky enough to be invited to during his working years. Some of the wealthiest people in the US & world to mingle with so not easy to fit in without spending everything he made, "for appearances". Anyway, what we saved was not from huge pay checks, but extra labor on our part. As for clothes, I shopped the best stores when they had sales, like a game to find a $200-$300 dress for $10., remodel to make sure no other lady showed up with the same bargain... same with all MY clothes. My husband was noted for being the sharpest dresser, he kept trim & loved clothes. After the alteration man did his job the suit would come back to me to have the waist taken in a quarter of an inch & length fixed, they had to "break" perfect over his shoes & tapered to the back exact length of shoe before heel. His one leg was about half an inch longer than the other but no alterations people would ever hem them different! I kept him happy. 

Here it is, time to feed the fish & I have nothing to show for my day. Andy suggested last night (when I told him about having to get a new microwave oven) to put some Vaseline on the prongs on the door, open & close a couple times & then put the cup of water in to see if it will start (has power), his daughter's just did the same & worked for her. I already had put it in the box the new one came in but decided to give it a try. plugged it into the hall next to the kitchen, got out the Vaseline as instructed & didn't work. I don't take defeat well and this is the 2nd rejection in 2 days.

Last night I took the iPod down to the river (of all electronics, it does the best job for me in taking short videos). The fish are so big & friendly I wanted to show y'all. Darn near slid the iPod into the river when I dropped on the sand. Can't juggle tearing slices of bread into bites, whistling every time I throw a handful out, & getting fish in focus all at same time. The whole area has tunnels under where the critters travel so sand not stable & I am careful to not slide ME into the Arkansas River, I do not float or swim. We are expecting rain starting tonight & the sandy area was under water until several years ago and goes under every heavy spring rain. Could be weeks before I get a chance to show you the fish. I don't encourage them to come to the edge of the water if it comes up the bank, too many ways they can get trapped.So I will go on down to the river now & feed, cats are sitting outside the door staring in, they do know the routine. Some day I will get one of my sons to do a video (NOT showing me, just fish) and see if they will put it on U-tube with a link for you.  Jack that used to post with his Goldens knew how to show us videos, tried to explain but I need to be shown (Missouri saying).

Patricia, I modified and took my sympathy note to your link. I did look this morning to see if one was opened for her, we have been keeping Bubble super busy with taking care of us. Thanks to you and her for helping.

Amy

Snow off and on and high winds most of the day today. I didn't hang the curtains or quilts out for fear they would wrap around Janie!!

Have no idea of who or what crept into our home and made the rooms larger well either that or I am slower... but I did get two rooms done.

Shirley I would dearly love to see the fish!! Best to wait till your son can help you...don't need you getting wet! I thought I would have to get a new toaster oven, darn thing kept making a noise so I would unplug it just to have some quiet. Taking stock of  it I noticed that the button for the rotisserie was on......problem solved  ;D 

Better go see what I can get out of doing  :2funny: 
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

I have a computer visit with a Physical Therapist tomorrow and Cathy's been knocking her brains out trying to get me set up for this visit.  I seem to be missing some passwords and she tried all the  ones I have.  They don't work! 

SHIRLEY, I'm not sure I can write down he potato soup recipe because Daddy never did it the same twice and neither do I.  I'll make an honest effort before what I did today slips away.  But that will be tomorrow or Thursday.  I promise to try.  If I don't get back to you, remind me.

I was out in the yard with Mickie this afternoon and something came flapping by  At first I thought it was a VERY LARGE bird and then I realized it was a quilt.  At the rate it was moving, it's probably in Louisiana or Texas by now!  If you're missing one, AMY, you might have David keep his eyes open on his next trip south!

I'm off to Dreamland now.  I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy, healthy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Lloyd Hammond

Shirley I think you and I have about the same luck, Lot of bad luck.but keep your chin up god will see you through. I have gave my self my every night shot and taken all the night  time pills except the one you take at bed time to help you sleep that is next and off to bed i go. say prayers for the whole would and a cure for the Virus good Night and sweet dreams everyone.

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning everyone..

High winds and 14° F this morning and they are calling for more snow! Wonder where this so called global warming is???

Not sure what is on the agenda today..can Spring clean another room or not. Muscles are telling me or not will win out. Need some cookies as we are getting low so baking may be in order.Bread also is low...there my day planned......baking. :thumbup:

Jane, the wind is worse today so keep your head up. One never knows what may go flying! I thought we may lose power last night but it stayed on. Giving Babe Glucosamine, chondroitin and MSG along with her med from the vet to see if it all will help her ligament .

Enjoy your day everyone..
Jimmy Dean

Joy

Jane, I had a video visit with my Primary care doctor a couple weeks ago.  I don't have a camera with my computer, so she couldn't see me, but she could hear me.  But, I could see and here her.  It went very well and, she just asked me some questions and we went over my medicines.  It was right after I got hone,  They had sent me a link to get into her site and it all worked out well.  I didn't have to put in any passwords for anything.

I am thinking about getting a camera that will sit on top of my computer.  I have a friend who told me that will make it possible to communicate with her.  I need to check with my son as I saw a cheap one at Walmart and want to make sure it will be compatible with my computer.

Good luck !

Do hope that Marilyne's husband is doing better this morning.  Hopefully. she has gotten to talk to the doctor.

Have a safe day.

Joy
BIG BOX