Random Image

Squirrel1.jpg

Owner: RAMMEL
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:44:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

General Computer Q & A

Started by RAMMEL, March 29, 2016, 01:39:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

so_P_bubble

I use the free program C-Cleaner to check and clean the computer (every other day because of the many downloads for PSP) and it does exactly what Rammel explained. It is very reliable but needs to be updated often.

CCleaner is a utility that cleans up the files on your computer. It can remove items that are no longer needed, such as cookies from Web browsing, to free up space on your hard drive, speed up your computer and protect your privacy.

https://www.ccleaner.com/

JeanneP

I think my iPad now losing battery. Won't keep a charge. It could show 9o pct. end of day when I close it but will show lost power in the morning and has to be charged up.
Now the magnetic cover all ragged edges and can't find new one. It could be it is running all night and not going to sleep. I may try just shutting all down end of day and rebooting up . I suppose I could plug it in for the night.
Just bought the new desk top. Should have bought new iPad. Not using any of them that much anymore. Everyone seems to use their iPhones now. All into texting and Facebook.
JeanneP

jane

Jeanne...I always plug mine in overnight.  I bought a new cover online from Amazon.  I also plug mine in while I'm reading with it.  Then it's ready when I need to use it unplugged.

JeanneP

I got anew cover online also. Won't work. Mine just aipad 2 and thicker.. Here in desk . Also have a key. Pad in desk with mouse . Never opened it.

I will put on charger at night also. It was 70 last night but went down all way the way by this morning.
JeanneP

jane

Jeanne...I found that you have to check the online covers carefully...and those in stores like Best Buy ...to make sure it will fit the kind of Ipad you have. There are so many different ones now and they're all apparently different sizes.

JeanneP

Jane. Yes  I have checked some of them. not found one to fit. Will take Ipad to Wallmart as I saw one the other day that was wider.
JeanneP

wjoan

Was not sure where to post this so starting here.  My Gmail has been hacked/stolen.  For those who had my email  I also have an account on Yahoo.com.  You can get me there.

so_P_bubble

Open a new account in Gmail! Yahoo is VERY problematic these days. All my mail was erased this week as well as all my archive there.

wjoan

My Yahoo account is almost as old as I am LOL  I think I will stick with it for a bit.

RAMMEL

Quote from: wjoan on October 19, 2019, 02:17:58 PMMy Yahoo account is almost as old as I am LOL  I think I will stick with it for a bit.
Get/have both
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

angelface555

Yahoo, after having been carved into pieces with different owners after their bankruptcy is finally being dismantled. I do not expect the various groups or emails to remain much longer as they are restricting and privatizing much of the content.

You might try switching over to Outlook or Mozilla's Thunderbird email programs. Even if you remain with Yahoo email, I would still create a backup elsewhere.

RAMMEL

I've been using Thunderbird for most of my email.  It now includes a calendar (if you want it).
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

angelface555

My main program is Gmail but to avoid the encryption Google uses when you backup the account, I also have Mozilla's Thunderbird so I can save the information in an email format without the encryption.

JeanneP

I believe that soon some of these EM accounts will be gone. Just less and less people EMailingi hardly get personal ones. Even companies want you to use texting. I don't want to be doing that. They seem to never put phones down. It's and less am I liking the way tech. Is going. All push buttons  on this then that. Hard to reach anything on first ring. Took me half hour on bank Friday to do something that use to take 5 min. Same with dr. Building.
JeanneP

JeanneP

Seems to be a few things going wrong on this W10 desktop now. First time since using computers that the time did not change . Noticed it right now. It is still showind at 1.09Pm here in Illinois when all my clock got changed. It is now only 12.10pm.

When the computer got set up for me costing $210 they did a bad job. So many things not set right. I will call another company soon and have it all redone.  Just don't seem to use it very much anymore but IPad getting old so will get desktop running better.
JeanneP

Mary Ann

Jeanne, you got me thinking.  For some reason or other, my computer has been registering my time as Central time.  You wrote it was 12:10 pm and my computer shows your post at 02:11 pm.  That probably is the correct time for now as it is 3:03 when I am writing this.  I'll have to watch to see if or how my time changed.  I'll see if my profile tells me anything.

Mary Ann

JeanneP

Maryann

I rebutted up and seems that the right time is o.k now. My time showin under my name here is way off. Has been for. Long time.
JeanneP

angelface555

The time shown in some posts has been off since the last fix to this site. The timing of others' posts is supposed to be calibrated to your time zone.

For example, JeanneP.'s shows that her post was at 12:51 my time, not hers and MaryAnn, your post at 3:03, your time is shown on my screen at 11:04 my time.

My time zone shows correctly but others do not always.

JeanneP

I am now having a hard time ,mostly when in SandF like now. I can't scroll up and down. It keeps going back up to beginning when I am trying to go down to type in reply or change forum. It still will open me up back to 2016 when I try to go back to last posting in some forums not active.
JeanneP

jane

Jeanne....does completely shutting down your device and leaving it off for a minute or two and then starting it up again make any difference?  I find that fixes a lot of those kind of issues for me.

jane

so_P_bubble

Do you use a shortcut to access S@F? You might need to erase your temporary and history files, to get back to current time.

JeanneP

Jane. No, it happens when on desktop and this gets turned off twice a day. Seems to happen mostly using sand friends.

Will try that tip bubble. Been a long time since cleaned them out. Just don't use computer a lot. Never have since new W10. Not studied it enough. Don't like it.
JeanneP

wjoan

JeanneP

It is still sending me back to 2016 when I hit the NEW button. Now does it on all of them. Driving me crazy. I am always up to date in reading and use to bring up that new one. what can be done
JeanneP

MaryTX

Hi Jeanne, on the "Home Page" on the right side just above the blue block line that says Shoutbox, I click on "Unread Posts".  It lists all the groups that I haven't read.  I then click on Page 1 of Soda Shoppe (for example).  It brings up the last message and the last ones in order of posting. When I have read all the groups I'm interested in, I click on "mark all message as read" and it clears all messages. 

This works for me in getting to the current messages.

Mary   

Click for Arlington, TexasForecast

Cottoncandy

[OK Computers experts....I have been trying to save my password on SF for a week now....I can't get it to save have to sign in every time...Jane has tried to help me...can someone help me out..I go to settings..safari then to auto fill.....can't get past that ....thank you in advance...I'm a computer dummy....CC/size]

Tomereader1

I'm having a computer/keyboard problem that I've not had before.  Trying to fill in a form, the numbers I clicked on, in the number pad, would not come up on the form. The lights that show on my keyboard, for things like NumberLock, etc. are not on. Can't think what happened, I didn't hit something inadvertently, I think.
All words showed up in the form I was working on, just wouldn't take numbers. What do I need to do?

Oldiesmann

Quote from: Cottoncandy on April 09, 2020, 01:05:25 PM[OK Computers experts....I have been trying to save my password on SF for a week now....I can't get it to save have to sign in every time...Jane has tried to help me...can someone help me out..I go to settings..safari then to auto fill.....can't get past that ....thank you in advance...I'm a computer dummy....CC/size]

When you log in, right below where you enter your password there's a drop-down list of options for how long you want to stay logged in. Choose the last one ("Always stay logged in") and it should remember you. If it still doesn't work then it's an issue with your browser.

Oldiesmann

Quote from: Tomereader1 on April 14, 2020, 01:14:03 PMI'm having a computer/keyboard problem that I've not had before.  Trying to fill in a form, the numbers I clicked on, in the number pad, would not come up on the form. The lights that show on my keyboard, for things like NumberLock, etc. are not on. Can't think what happened, I didn't hit something inadvertently, I think.
All words showed up in the form I was working on, just wouldn't take numbers. What do I need to do?

Sounds like number lock got turned off by accident. Press the "Num Lock" key and that should fix your issue.

Cottoncandy

[Yes Sir Oldiesmann...that's how I log in...it just want save it..I suspect it is the browser..Safari...but don't know how to correct it...thank you for responding..CC/size]