Random Image

Where's Waldo?

Owner: Marilyne
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:22:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for MAY 15,2020

Started by so_P_bubble, May 14, 2020, 11:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. Is 59º and bright sun here this morning and calling for 75º and mostly sunny today. well Nancy and our oldest daughter yesterday afternoon went down south of here to a little country church to a revival meting , she never got home until a little after midnight. she seams to handled it good. she dose not know she is a mber a member of the over the hill gang,

Lloyd

JaneS

Hello, hello, hello.....oooooo?

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Lloyd Hammond

well I came in to bid you all sweet dreams, But no one Has been here all day.
this is the time I posted this AM ( Today at 07:40:35 am ) and is now 10:14 P M.  and dos not even show one post. If I made you all mad please accept my apology.
good night and sweet dreams. sure hope to see you all here tomorrow morning.

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

JaneS good to see you . you posted while it was typing it said.I hope you had a good day and have even a better one tomorrow.

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning everyone...

It was brrr chilly last night but so nice compared to the hot weather with humidity we have had. Just hope we didn't get a frost last night..

Laundry hung on the line and dried before the rain came. :thumbup:

Met up with my friends and exchanged what we had for each other...she gave me some chives so I will share some with my neighbour and plant the rest.  Then we went to say happy 90th birthday to a man that Kyle worked with . Lots of people about but all staying the distance apart.

Today is  day of rest, I will plant the chives in a bit and help the neighbours take away the trug that we surprised them with .

Enjoy your day everyone...stay safe/color]
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

phyllis

At last we had a sunny day yesterday and it was so nice.  A little warm and humid but I wasn't complaining.

Not much going on here but I wanted to check in.  No plans for today....just taking it easy.

Take care, All.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Gloria

Good morning everyone, yesterday was a lost day for me. Woke too early and came in here, turned on the PC and the TV went and laid in the couch and fell asleep. Phone woke me near noon, my son was here so let him in. He brought me a fruit salad and half a watermelon. I think my fridge has more fruit in it now than anything else. Good thing I like it. Made my bed and got dressed and back to the couch. Almost missed Skype with my daughter but she called and of course the phone woke me. All I know about yesterday is it was sunny.

Sunny now but perhaps not as warm as yesterday. Ran the AC, this one really cools it off fast. I only really just ran the fan on low and it shuts off at the temp I have it set for and it goes on when it heats up again. .So much better than that portable one.  We did have rain Friday nighht came down really fast and heavy. Not much to say.

Have a good day and stay safe.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. weather guesser say's 61º and partly sunny, but it is full sun here,he/she must not have there eyes open yet. ceiling for high of 75º today. hope you all have a great day today. only one I seen yesterday was Shirley and she did not speak even when I teased her, hope everyone is not mad at me, our church is still doing the on line with the preacher and just a few of the quire members. have a great day where you are.

Lloyd

Lloyd

Joy

Good morning.  I, like Phyllis, am just checking in.   Too early for anything exciting to have happened.

Gloria, you sound just like me.  I do the same thing.  I get up and sit in the recliner, and it is not too long before I am asleep again.  I just hate being so lazy.  I have a lot of those "lost" days. I am really betting so depressed with all these terrible things that are going on in our country.  Just have to wonder how and when it is all going to end.   

I need to get some breakfast.  Just wanted to say "Hi" !!

Good morning, Amy.  Almost missed you !

Joy
BIG BOX

Shirley

I've been in & out, when daughter is in town it is total chaos, love it, but nary a second to think.

Lloyd, I'll have to read back over posts because there was something I wanted to make a crack to you about but like you, I forgot what it was by the time I get around to posting!

Have to tell you about the birthday party for Amelia (6) last night, first time the kid cousins have been able to play at each other's house for months so they were having a ball, all 5 of them starting with the oldest, Jace (10?) Hadley will be 7 soon, Amelia 6, Carrick 3 and Kate nearly 3.... They stayed long after I came home because the kids were having so much fun, but "the hosts (Amelia & Kate) were upset because the other family got out the door without the kids getting to say a special good by. When Mom & Dad got the door open so the girls could run out, Amelia gave Hadley a big bear hug so Kate ran to Carrick and did the same. Carrick looked surprised and said, "Does this mean you love me?" and Kate looked him in the eye and said, "well, I guess so...."  Moms & Dads were laughing their heads off but nobody whipped out a camera in time, besides it was dark. Gives you a hint of what life is like with a bunch of great grands around.

Oops, daughter at the door, she picked up my Sam's supplies.   :clap:  :wave:

JaneS

Well, I've been up and attem since a little after 5 a.m.  The day started out fine.  After Mickie had her pill and we were waiting for the boinger, we took a snooze on the sofa and she cuddled in like old times.  I loved and we didn't move until her hour was up.  Then we had breakfast and took our morning walk.  No one was out and it was beautiful and quiet out there.  A good start to the day.

When we got back, Mickie zonked again and got my second cup of coffee and read the paper end to end.  Then I did a couple of things in the kitchen and we had an early lunch.

After lunch, I got out the weed whacker and started to whack the growth around the fence that the lawn mower didn't reach yesterday.  The weed whacker didn't reach it either.  And the frustration began!  I tried everything I could think of to make it work and it wouldn't.  So I put it away and got out my scissors and did the worst of it where I can see it from the porch and it took me an hour.  I think I need a new weed whacker but I bet my home shoppe (daughter Cathy) won't want to do that for me.  She has a husband who does that sort of thing in her life and she's not comfortable shopping for yard stuff unless you can sit on it while you eat the stuff from the barbecue grill.  She's a master decorator but she doesn't like things like lawn mowers and weed whackers, etc.

Now I'm just sitting around feeling frustrated.  My son said the weed whacker worked the last time he used in on my trim but he had to keep coaxing it.  Now I'm trying to decide if I hire a guy to do the work and he brings his own stuff or I buy a new weed whacker to save my son some time.  And since I can't do either of those things today, I'll play Scarlett and "think about that tomorrow". 

Nice to see some people here today.  Good Morning LLOYD, SHIRLEY, AMY, JOY, PHYLLIS, GLORIA and anyone who comes along later.  This place was DEAD yesterday.  There was a bigger echo in here than ever! 

Now I'm going to go goof off!  I just don't feel like doing anything important!  We all have to goof off sometimes!  Maybe I'll even stuff my face with potato chips! 

Enjoy the rest of your day Everyfriend.  And come back and share it with the rest of us!

JaneS

I'm going to stop posting because every time I post, nobody posts for hours after me!  Good Night All!

Shirley

Good night and God Bless! Had to turn the AC on today so guess it is officially summer, my least favorite of the 4 seasons.

Lloyd Hammond

I have been watching the sad nwse
good Night everyone.  JaneS don;t you dare. It takes us all to make a good bunch. I have been watching the sad news. too bad so many world wide have lost good common seance. Hope to see you all tomorrow, in good spirits. good night and sweet dreams.

Lloyd

so_P_bubble