Random Image

Fi Easter Mrning Bike Ride

Owner: Sandy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:39:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for MAY 15,2020

Started by so_P_bubble, May 14, 2020, 11:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roley

Hello again !, just passing, LEAVING A MESSAGE FOR 'ROSEMARY. 'A PM HAS BEEN SENT TO YOU ANSWERING YOUR QUESTION. Cheers,  ROLEY  AKA-- Peter.

Rosemary

Thanks Peter - I have just replied.

Best wishes, Rosemary

phyllis

Another dreary, cloudy morning with rain predicted.  I'm just going to stop looking out the window and pretend that it is a bright, sunny day.

Rosemary, your British Telecom sounds just like all of our cable TV companies and that is why so many, me included, have "cut the cord" and no longer subscribe to cable tv.  The frustration level was just too high to live with.  I have gone to the indoor antenna for local stations and, also, depend on streaming channels (Amazon Prime, Netflix, Roku) for all the rest.  I just keep cable connection for my Internet and house telephone.  It works out pretty well for me.

I managed to get some laundry done yesterday but didn't make bread.  Not a very good day.  I'm going to try to get to it today since I think it might be a better day for me and I notice the cookie supply is getting low so I need to get some into the oven, as well.  We'll see how it goes.  No other plans except David will pick up my grocery order today.  It looks as though they have fulfilled everything I requested.  I think the supplies are getting back to a more normal level now.  Some stores and other places have opened.  We are in Phase 2.  There are a few problems but for the most part people are abiding by the rules...keeping distances, wearing masks, being intelligently cautious about getting back to the "new" norm.

MAKE it a good day, Everyone.
phyllis
Cary,NC

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfried!  I'm up but still working on "attem".  I've had breakfast, fed Mickie and Cooper (Frankie's dog), took Mickie for her morning walk and read the paper.  I'm ready for whatever pokes it's head out and begs for notice. 

Yesterday was cleaning day.  I swiffered all my new floors, did a bit of dusing and sweeping and then told myself it looked pretty good. 

It's 72ยบ right now heading for a high of 80.  Yesterday it made it all the way up to 88!  I broke down and turned on the A/C for a couple of hours to cool things down.

Now for the update....

[/With 10 people reporting in we can claim 830 years of experience!  We're not just good...we're GREAT!b]

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

roley

JANE S.  Add on a few more years to the update:  I shall be 89 this December...

JaneS

With ROLEY added to the list, we've hit 918 1/2!  Only 81 1/2 to go to reach 1000 years of experience!  Who knew?

Shirley

Janie, if mileage counted we'd be over the top! I hit the floor running this morning because the yard guys called to say they'd be here "in a few".... and I wasn't dressed yet!  Gates to unlock & a long drain pipe to remove that takes rain gutter water further away from the house. Usually I like to trim a little around my flowers since they aren't sure what is a weed or flower. I do not have formal landscaping. ::)  I put out packages of mixed flower seeds & always delighted with the different types of blooms, most I remember from my mother's flower beds, but she knew the names of all of them.  ;)

Decided it was time to defrost the freezer in the basement so got out the hose to stretch from freezer to drain in the next room. I unplugged and by the time I got all the food out & into big coolers to store until done, usually takes a full day or even 2, it was splashing out the freezer door. It was draining out faster than the hose could take, that room has parquet flooring that has been needing taken up since the last water break soaked it. Anyway, all the years of defrosting freezers, this is the fastest EVER to melt it all off. I still have a load of towels in the dryer & 2 more loads to run, my supper is beeping at me from the microwave (Taco Bell Mexican pizza). My daughter brought me a tub of her homemade salsa, is it ever good! Think it might make that Taco pizza taste even better.

Tom & Callie Cat ate a few bites of their chicken tonight, Tiger refused to come in, they must have told her what I was serving.  >:(   I am uneasy since we have baby birds running all over the yard, front & back, with Mama searching for bugs & worms for them. So far I haven't found any feathers in the yard.

Have to get up & move, eat, fold clothes & clean up the kitchen. Bed is calling, you could probably hear if you turn your ear toward Kansas! Sweet dreams to all and God Bless! Shirley  (Thanks for keeping track of all this great experience, Jane!)

JaneS

I'm on my way to bed, too!  I'm really tired.  I love it when Frankie comes over.  She helps me with stuff and we remember the past together.  We laugh a lot while we're remembering and I like that. 

Mickie has an appointment with the Groomer on Friday and it's kind of early in the Frankie's morning so her doggie, Cooper will stay here tomorrow while she's working and then she'll spend the night here before she takes Mickie for grooming on Friday. 

I have one more thing to post before I go to bed but first I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy, healthy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Now I have an announcement to make.  I just noticed that GLORIA isn't on our "experience" list yet and I think she's 3 years older than me.  So I'm adding 88 years to the list in GLORIA'S name.  And that make our total 1006 1/2!  Just think what we could accomplish if we all got together!!

Shirley

WE would be one well greased machine!
Might just say we are greased anyway.  :2funny:

Amy

Good morning everyone..
Going to be another hot day here..

We are off to the city ,just a quick trip in and out. Do what needs to be done ,meet up with son and exchange parcels and meet up with our friend from quilting and give her two huge bags of wool to make things for the cats/kittens at the humane society.

Jane, JANE,  the pumpkins are up............a looooong row of them!!! I sure hope we get to see pumpkins this year.

Rosemary, with two dogs there is always chasing dust bunnies here and good weather brings gardening and any time now our load of wood will come and we have to pile it.

Shirley, I must admit that is one job I have been putting off. Although with this hot weather working in the basement where it is nice and cool is looking not too bad now.

Gloria, hope you pop in and say hello.

Phyllis, the bread I made the other day is just about gone. Maybe tomorrow I will make more....always a tomorrow :))

Lloyd, you have worked hard all your life, now is the time for you to relax and enjoy life.

Better scoot and water the front garden,have the hose going on the back garden.

Enjoy your day everyone.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Rosemary

Good afternoon everyone, we have another sunny day here on Deeside, and my daughter tells me that in Edinburgh it is 'roasting' - though I doubt if any of you would agree, in Scotland anything above freezing may be called 'roasting'...

Amy - I stopped making bread because I couldn't stop myself eating it, it was so lovely. Now I do still have bread with some meals, but I buy it from the Co-Op, where they do good rye bread and multigrain loaves as well as the usual ones.

Today I should be doing more reviews and needless to say all I have done is a few chores and a lot of communicating online with family and friends.

My elder daughter tells me she is thinking of giving up her job and starting a postgraduate teacher training course in the autumn. She has already tried teacher training once, but ill, and left. This time she would go to college for the more traditional course, which involves some blocks of teaching practice in schools, but is mainly college-based. My husband will have a fit if he hears she is considering changing yet again, but she is still young (25) and has no dependants, so I suppose she might as well do it now if she is going to. She has a very nice long term boyfriend and he is supportive of the idea - he is an organist and is supposed to be starting a new job at a church and school in London in the early autumn, so I just hope the job still happens and that churches are open by then. The Vice Provost at the cathedral in which I work in Edinburgh told me she does not think it will be properly functioning till after Christmas.

Shirley - defrosting the freezer is one of my least favourite jobs. I always hope I can get David to do it. It's having all that food out and nowhere to put it that drives me nuts. I did clean one of the fridges out the other day - that is bad enough but at least it only needed cleaning, it is frost-free thank goodness. The freezer in the garage is all iced up and at the moment I am just pretending I haven't noticed.

Tonight is the last programme in the current series of The Real Marigold Hotel. I think this has been one of the best series - if they had not invited Britt Ekland along it would have been perfect. These programmes have returned more to the original idea, which was to see what people thought about the possibility of retiring to India, which does of course have a much lower cost of living than the UK. The last two series seemed to have forgotten all about that and just showed the participants visiting various places and trying out new experiences, but this time they are again looking at retirement apartments, activities for seniors and so on, and it is very interesting. I don't think I would ever be brave enough to retire anywhere but Scotland, but some of the people in the programme do seem to like the idea, especially Henry Blofield who, as a cricket commentator, has already visited the country many times and has lots of friends there. However, he recently remarried an Italian lady and they live in London, so he would have to see what she thought too!

Have a good day all,

Rosemary

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I've been up and attem since about 5:30.  Mickie said she needed to see what was going on outside and there was no putting her off.  She really meant it.  And she left a present for me to clean up.

AMY, you sure did get the pumpkin seeds in earlier this year.  I'll say a little prayer that they do well and you have pumpkins this fall.  Don't shoo away the bees from them.  They have to pollinate!

Just waiting for Frankie to surface this morning.  She said she needs to be on the move by 9 to get everything done and be on her way to work to be there at noon. 

I stripped my bed this morning and the sheets are in the dryer.  The mattress pad is next and then to remake it.  I was going to put the pillows out in the sun to air out but there's not suppose to be any sun today.  We're expecting rain.  So they're on the porch swing for now.  Hopefully that will be enough. 

I made macaroons yesterday and put the finished product in two containers...my cookie jar and a container for Frnkie to take home with her.  What didn't fit the boxes, I put on a plat or eating and would you believe?  Someone ate all of them!  There had to be a dozen there.  Do you think the elves sneaked in and ate them all?

I'm wishing you a lovely day!  Make it your own in every way!  And don't forget to share it with all of us!

Gloria

Good morning everyone, slept too good last night, still groggy with sleep. I have to make out a shopping list for CNA, she is going shopping today for me. With the markets not sending out flyers yet don't really know what new fresh fruit is in the markets now.

JANE  this Gloria is 89 not 88. Birthday was in April.

AMY  I posted yesterday but this morning is a short one.

I am going to go lay one the couch.  Hopefully I will sleep till just before noon
Have a good day and stay safe.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

JaneS

Make that 1007 1/2!  I missed one of GLORIA'S years!

Shirley

Now I ask you, one and all, if we were a team with all that experience would we not be the BEST? I am no expert at anything except maybe having fun, maybe I could can an master at that? Think about it....pick your poison/talent.

JaneS

I'll have to think about that, SHIRLEY!

Right now, I'm off to Dreamland!  I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy, healthy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Lloyd Hammond

Shirley and JaneS dosent Matter to me just work together and just do not fight. good night and sweet dreams.

Lloyd

Denver

Just a quick HELLO to EVERYFRIEND. 

WE have been watching all the protests across the country tonight due to the death of the man in Minneapolis.  I understand that this is a very sad situation and people are,user, but what good does it do to cause so much damage AND give the police so much grief?  It makes me very sad and quite ILL to be honest.

Today is Dave and Michele's 26th Anniversary and tomorrow is our other DIL'S Birthday, so we kept quite busy getting gifts together and delivering them.  The day really passed quickly. 

Pleasant dreams to all.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

roley

Just looking in,  Just a little bit early for most,i think ?, Rosemary : local web address sent to you, ok ?.  i'll look in again later,  Cheerio all..  Roley.                                     

JaneS

I'm up and moving!  Mickie has an early appt. at the groomer and Frankie is going to take her there.  So we have to have everything done and ready for them to leave.  I'll try to get back later and connect.

Meanwhile, I wish you all a lovely Day!
Make it your own in every way!

And don't forget to share it with all of us!

Gloria

Good morning everyone, another night of god sleep and did not sleep so long that I was stiff when I woke. Don't  know wha t happened with Skype but a couple of days ago it quit so no chat with my daughter except on the phone nd I do not like talking on the phone much. Called my grandson and told him what happened. He told me to hang up and he would get rignt back to me. I got a message pop up  on the monitor and I did what it said and suddenly there was David looking at me. He finally got one of those programs where he can work on this machine from home, Love it I know he has one on his work phone so he fixes things around the world for the company he works for.
No matter what new password I came up with they did not like it so when he was in my PC and asked for a passwor  I asked him if he cou ld come up with one and it was accepted. I was wathing him and suddenly I saw a little hnd next to him and then my great grand's face. He said Hi great grandma, I love you. Sure made my day.

JANE  thanks now I feel more like my age. Would not like to live any year over.

I need a new keeyboard and soon. No all work with this HP and this is an old Dell one my son had.Keeps skipping spaces and at times I don't think I catch them all and the words are broken up.

SHIRLEY  I would like  to bake like I used  to.

LLOYD  no fighting anywhere in the world would be wonderful.

JENNY  that cop kneeling on the mans throat should should get the same treatment. That was horrible to see and plain sadististic.

Oh boy did Yvette do good shopping yesterday gor some wonderful east peaches and some super great cherries from Ca. She had time making up the 2 hours missed on the holiday. She followed my list and it was the biggest one she had from me. I have a full fridge again.

Morning Jane and Amy when you check in

Havwe a good day and s tay safe.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Amy

Good morning everyone..
We had a lovely rain last night a much needed one at that!. Yesterday was fun. We met up with our friend to pass of the bags of wool then on to meet the kids. Exchanged what we had for each other including hugs! :smitten:  That was the best gift of all!

Today is making a garbage run and I want to be there right when it opens as we may get to see the bears. We were first last time but no bears......just a lot of what they left behind so you were careful where you stepped! Also time to put away the winter clothing and bring out summer ones. The transition went from freeze to fry....no easing into Spring/Summer.

Jane I planted a long row of pumpkin and by gosh I think every seed came up!! No killing of bees from me as I know how much we need them in our food chain. If a bumble bee gets in the house I live catch and take him out. Now having said that I do have to be careful around bees. I show a healthy respect to them from being stung in the past and a trip to the Dr.

Gloria, sounds like Yvette has you well stocked up for a while now. That is great that David has your computer set up to help you like that. My computer man had mine set up like that too but now he has retired :(

Roley, a good morning to you. Waving to you from across the pond. :hello:

Jenny Happy anniversary to Dave and Michele and happy birthday to your dil. Wouldn't it be nice to turn on the news and hear nothing but up beat news? No wars, no fighting no bad weather.......guess one can dream on.

Rosemary, I let my bread machine do all the hard work then take the dough out after it has risen ,put it in bread pans let rise again then bake. Works well for me.

Better get a hitch in my get along and get moving here.

Enjoy your day everyone..stay safe.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Shirley

I'm right here with you, Gloria. I've been up for an hour & half at least, Fitbit says I got 3 hours & 13 min sleep (not one minute of deep) so nap sometime today. My daughter is in town so chaos, we jump from subject to project & enjoy every moment.... and I wish your daughter was closer to do the same. She did get my iPad and Fitbit updated.

Jane, my daughter was telling about her daughter visiting with them the last few days, with her 7 month old pup. I'm still not sure if it is pure or part German Shepherd, but my daughter had forgotten about how much hair they shed every day! They have an extra layer of fur that must be brushed off every day and still leave a trail behind! But I still want a dog.  :smitten:

It is 5:45 am already so betcha someone else will have posted when I get through making the adjustments to text here. Good morning, Amy... if you are up. Haven't had my breakfast yet, Callie & Tiger had their tuna and Tom just showed up at the door with his own meal. I opened the door to let him in & he had a mouth full of something. When I gave a disgusted "TOM" he took off around the other end of the pool area so I couldn't see him & take his prize away. He is a hunter, no question, and I hate it. The neighbors are pleased if the cats keep down the rabbit & mouse problems, but I don't like them bringing their meals home. Yuck. Kinda took the edge off my appetite.  >:(

Good morning to everyone else that shows up! Let's hear about your world! Can you believe it is Friday AGAIN?  Hey, you did sneak in, Amy, hope you get to see the bears. Oops, there is the 6:00 am alarm. Somehow I set it when putting in new batteries & don't know how to turn it off. We've had this "atomic" clock since before Cas died & he took care of these type things.  ::) 

roley

Hello again all, hope everyone is well, another hot and dry day here, well, I have found another batch of 'Armchair Walks' for you all to join in with me, I will put the first one in here sometime tomorrow if pos !, Thank you Amy for the wave !, hope you will join me in my walk :thumbup: ,all are welcome !.   
                            Cheerio for now.   Roley.

phyllis

Good morning on yet another rainy day.  We are soaked.

Rosemary, I have tried to remember to mention to you that I had a very pleasant time a couple of days ago.  I subscribe to Amazon Prime Video and stumbled across a production of Rebecca starring Charles Dance as Maxim De Winter and Diana Rigg as Mrs. Danvers.  The book, Rebecca, has been my top favorite since I first read it back in the 40's and I've lost count of how many times I've read it so I am very critical of the movie/tv productions that I have seen.  (I hated the Laurence Olivier and Joan Fontaine movie version).  I liked this production very much.

"Last night I dreamt I went to Manderley again."   can't get those words out of my mind!

I'm getting a little tired of staying isolated but I don't really have any place I would like to go.  With all this rain even a walk down to the corner and back isn't an option.  I baked some chocolate chip cookies but I wouldn't dare leave them out on a plate like you did, Jane.  I put them away in a tin to be portioned out for afternoon tea.  If I didn't do that all of those cookies would mysteriously disappear just as yours did.

Looking forward to continuing with your country walks, Roley.

Take care, All.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone, I had a two part night's sleep. firs was not good very restless second was good rest, I just got up a few min. ago. Haven't even had Morning meal yet, I think is going to be a lazy day. hope you all have a good one.

Lloyd

JaneS

Well, were  moving and Frankie was getting ready to take Mickie to the groomer when she called to see if we forgot.  We said we were sorry that we had the wrong time written down and we could be there in 10 minutes.  She said that would screw up her whole day and we would have to reschedule so Mickie is still in need of a haircut.  Darn!

I had some good chicken broth left and Frankie had cooked pasta bows and didn't eat them all with sauce so I put together some chicken, corn and pasta soup for our lunch.  It was pretty good!

After Frankie left, I took Mickie for a short walk and then curled up on the couch for a longer nap.  I feel much better now than I did last night and this morning. 

Phyllis, it doesn't really matter if the cookies are on a plate or in a jar.  That pesky elf can find them wherever they are!  Today, the jar is only 3 quarters full and it's going down fast.  I put a plateful in the Hidey Hole to share.  Help yourselves!  Enjoy!

AMY, I'm praying for a nice long row of pumpkins although I don't know what you'll do with all of them if they all develop!  You'll be palming them off on the neighbors come Fall!  Everyone in your area will be eating pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, pumpkin soup and whatever!

I think I'll take a walk down to the corner to see if the mailman found my box today.  Sometimes he does and sometimes he forgets who I am. 

I hope you are all having a good day, even those of you who haven't checked in.

GLORIA, I already checked in ahead of you but just a shortie!  Gotta tell you, my Computer Guys, fix my computer the same way your grandson does yours.  They actually built it and they keep it up to date for me!

Roley, I'm looking forward to your "walks".  Wish I could do it in person but this is next best!

Keep on keeping on, Everyone!

JaneS

So here I am after about 7 hours, talking to myself again.  I bid you all Good Night.  I wish you a peaceful night's sleep and a happy, healthy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one.....wherever you all are hiding!

roley

My latest Armchair Walk.  my home town, i live just a few minutes walk from the old village. hope you will enjoy your walk and look in for a 'cuppa' at the end of it, NO STEPS GLORIA !, but very hilly and steep in places, we are on the edge of the 'South Downs National Park' and i used to walk this whole area, as a youngster,i used to go 'Rabbiting' using ferrets,only dream of those days now. !,ENJOY.  :thumbup:

CHEERIO.  ROLEY.
CLICK HERE....

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Another lovely morning, cooler with not much humidity. We had rain yesterday, nice gentle one.
I am sitting here having a quiet giggle.......our pup loves to steal socks and he just took off with a pair that Kyle had put on his desk. Jesse, doesn't destroy the socks he just loves to carry them around. Man should know better to put them on his feet  :2funny:

Laundry and bake day also have friend coming to exchange groceries that we have picked up for each other.

Jane, I hope we get some pumpkins this year...have lots of folks to share them with too. David's Great Danes both love pumpkin in their food. They will only go to waist here not wasted.

Roley, thank you for the stroll will give it a look when I can relax and enjoy with my cup of tea.

Shirley, we didn't get to see any bears......maybe next time. If I tell folks that a high light of my day is going to the dump ,they give me a strange look. They don't realize all the critters one can see, turkey buzzards ,wings spread out drying themselves in the sun, eagles, herring gulls.......all kinds  of critters!

Better get going..

Enjoy your  day everyone.stay safe..
Jimmy Dean