Random Image

marsh walk

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:34:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for July 1, 2020

Started by so_P_bubble, June 30, 2020, 11:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaneS

I'm off to bed, to, in a few minutes.  It was in the mid 90s here today too but it's raining right now so that might cool things off a bit. 

Today was a good day!  I think the pills finally took effect and my body is responding.  I actually felt pretty good most of the day.  Maybe tomorrow will be even better?

I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy, healthy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Still no rain. ,maybe later or tomorrow...

Today I am off to get my hair cut! :yes: Last cut was in Nov so it is so needed.

After that will work in the garden, I am getting there slowly and I know it will be worth it when all the work is done.

Jenny, that was so thoughtful of them to send you flowers. Folding sheets, especially the fitted one cans be frustrating .Helps when one does have help.

Jane, that is good news!! Now don't try to go 100 miles an hour just settle for 80 for the time being.

Phyllis ,blackberry cobbler sounds yummy. Some things do need the long slow cooking in the oven. I know when first trying the beans there was too much liquid so cut back on that.

Better get a move on need to water the plants before I head to town

Enjoy your day everyone ,stay safe.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Gloria

Good morning everyone, I came here, I read all the posts but am still sleepy ad can think of nothing to say.  Not going to be too hot here today, mid 70's, like the Fourth was. Rain tomorrow if we can believe the weather guessers. Even drank only half my coffee and I think I will go lay on the couch and have an early nap. Oh yes, it was great having my  back massage  yesterday and gre at to have Yvonne back after 3 days.

Have a good day and stay safe.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. I had a good sleep for a change. it is 74º and calling for 89º today for the high but the weather guesser on TV says we are going back in the ninety's. Have a good day and pray our A C's keep running good.

Lloyd

phyllis

I'm here, too, but I think I'll go back to bed after I eat a bit of breakfast.  Even coffee didn't wake me up today.

A little cooler but with more rain.  It is what it is.

Take care.
phyllis
Cary,NC

so_P_bubble

Ha h aha  Amy! I hope you do not water the pants the "natural" way!

Shirley

hahahaha.... glad you said that, Bubble, was thinking the same.  :2funny:

Good morning, world! Here is another that is thinking a nap sounds good so soon after breakfast. My doctor says it is normal to be sleepy after we eat, "takes a lot of energy to digest food". So, we aren't being lazy, just giving our bodies time to do their job. Sounds reasonable to me.....  :sleep:

roley

Hello All.Sorry i'm a little late in replying but i have been waiting for another interesting Armchair Walk to send on to you, this one is around the area where i live on the South Coast of Sussex, England, Southwick is where i was born and the Church 'St Julian' (C,1050) was where i married my wife Jean in 1956,the nearby Church mentioned along with the story of the unexploded Bomb during WW2 is interesting one to me because it is almost at the bottom of my cousin's 'then'garden and we still talk of it and the night of the raid, it is only a short walk this time but i hope you find it interesting, i will try and find some longer walks next time for you to enjoy !.
                             Cheerio for now.  Roley. :thumbup:

Denver

GOOD MORNNG 💐 EVERYFRIEND 💐

It is going to be another HOT one here in the Mile High City today.  By Friday they are saying we could have triple digits😩

We did not sleep that well last night.....it was warm and we should have left the AC on for the night.  I just love the fresh air, but sometimes we just have to have the air on.  The new sheets felt a bit different, so that added to my non sleep.  Feels like we need to rewash them again🤪. AMY, you are right, those fitted sheets with the elastic all the way around are a real pain for even two of us to fold! 
I have been enjoying the beautiful flowers and the wonderful fragrance SO MUCH.... yes, very sweet of them to think of us😘

Seems most of you are thinking you need more sleep today! 

I have a few last minute preparations to be ready for my SIL'S funeral tomorrow.  I do not like the fact it has been 18 days between her death and burial day.....it just drags out the grief of it all.  Dave is not going to be able to join the family at the service as they have pushed Michele's Chemo time later due to the 4th of July Holiday.  Since it was on a Saturday, I did not expect it to change the schedule, but it did. 😩

SHIRLEY and BUBBLE, it appears I was too late to see the post before Amy changed it, so I missed the chuckle!

I wish you all a wonderful day.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Amy

My head feels so light now, the hairdresser cut 4 inches of hair off!!

Bubble, Shirley, I did not catch  what you were meaning then thanks to Jenny's post I went back and read what I had wrote....and also had a good  :2funny:

Jenny ,I have now corrected my spelling from pants to plants! :)
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Shirley

It was a bright spot in the day, Amy!  :thumbup:

Peter, loved the walk. I was trying to remember if you had ever posted anything about Marlow, Buckinghamshire or of High Wycombe. I've resigned myself to the realization that I won't get back for a visit, but have my memories. My daughter was born on the base at South Ruislip but my husband was stationed at the base that joined Wycombe Abbey. That was from 1954-'57. I was a bride at 19 and my baby was born shortly after my 21st birthday. Did a lot of growing up those years in England. Thanks for showing me the countryside I missed seeing.

Jenny, hugs for the sad day tomorrow. My brother's funeral was at the start of the virus scare so we were able to gather at one of his son's house to visit. It was comforting that his nieces & nephews from all over the US came to mourn with their cousins. Sorry Dave can't make it, sad as it is, I think it is healing to have family together.

HOT here in Kansas, and this is really only the start of summer. No end in sight for relief from the heat or virus restrictions.

Denver

AMY, happy for you as I know how good it must feel to have that extra hair gone!  You almost feel like a whole new person😘

SHIRLEY, thank you for the hugs, they do help as this is a very sad time of course.  My dad is very upset that he can not be here for the service, but he knows well that he just is not capable of traveling anymore.  Bless his heart.  Please do not feel too bad that you have not been able to return to the location in England where you "grew up" and had your daughter.  It might be what we found when we returned to Newbury/Greenham Common,, East of London and Reading.....NOTHING was the same.  We could not find one thing that looked the same.  The guest house we lived in for the first couple of weeks while looking for a place to live no longer exists.....it was, the best we could figure out right in the middle of a big shopping mall.  The tobacco plantation was all housing and the base had become a wild life preserve!  It was rather disappointing to say the least😩😢. Same thing happened when we returned to Bitburg Air Base in Germany where we spent 3 years....the darling little town of Bitburg was a nice little cobblestone street that climbed up to the top of a hill....it was all turned into a walking mall....the little Bitburg Pils Brewery that use to be downtown with a big copper barrel in the window had moved to the back side of the now close base and was a huge place that was as big as Coors Brewery here in Colorado!  AND there was a McDonalds at the end of our street and no brat wurst stands in sight😩 Even the street in the town just south of us, Trier had turned the Main Street into a big wide walking mall.  They call all of these changes progress, but I just called it very sad😢😢   Our favorite place to eat a delicious schnitzel in Trier was still there but the meal was nothing like what we had....they said that the cooks are all from Asia now and nothing is the same.   Oh and BTW, this was in the late 60's when we were there, so 10plus years more from the time you were there.  We did drive into your area and looked around when we were headed back to London fro Newbury, but of course we never saw it, to my knowledge when we lived over there.  I just wanted to say that I visited the area where you lived😘

I have spent the last four hours making me a black mask from the bottoms of a pair of my pajamas.  Tried all over town to get a "gator" type mask in black and could not find one anywhere!  I cut the two pant legs off then hand sewed them together for a double layer and to be reversible.  I put elastic all around the top and a piece of a twist tie in to form the bridge of my nose!  I am pretty proud of myself😘😘

Have a good evening,

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Sandy

Good evening everyone from
the cooler than usual
rocky coast of Maine. 

It feels good to have the
cooler weather.   

I went out this morning
and walked down to CVS
to pick up some meds.   

It was a good walk.   
I always use my rollator..
I depend on mine,  not so much
for walking,  because I
do not have a problem walking.

But instead for keeping me
from stepping into something
and falling down.  (Because of
my limited vision).

It is my security blanket and
I do not like going out
side with out it. 

Falling down again is my
biggest fear...  I fear
losing my independence
should I break a leg or a
hip ...  in this day of Covid
isolation ... I need to be
able to move and take
care of myself.   

I think that we all
probably feel that way..
being a burden isn't in
our make up!!   :thumbup:

Have a good covid free week
EVERYONE!

Sandy
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Shirley

You are very wise, Sandy. This is not the world we grew up in, partly our age but also a virus that has caused world wide fear. I don't recall even the polio scare being as world wide as this.

Those of us that remember WWII may be able to remember food shortages, shoe leather, so many daily consumer goods that we did without. Because my brothers were fighting the war for us, the war was a constant part of our lives. But I don't think we were as afraid and I know for a fact that everyone I knew was kinder, was more concerned about each other and even more thoughtful of how people were doing in foreign countries.

We pulled together, we stood together, nobody was greedy or they were shunned. And in this crisis we have politicians still fighting, back stabbing, selling us short to fill their own pockets. what monsters we have created this last 75 years. Trust me, this is NOT political, I blame all politicians equally, most of all I blame myself for not wanting any part of the political circus, not even to voice my opinions anywhere but here. (I think we all or most are shocked at the world today.)

I'm pretty sure it isn't wise for me to come here late when I'm thinking about "today". I just discovered tonight that the MO State parks & Corp of Engineer campgrounds are "reserved sites" only, so they can eliminate contact for the hosts & space campers, I guess. That makes a difference to me because I only want to go when weather is nice and can't reserve with those conditions! May as well sell the RV. That thought will probably keep me awake tonight.  :-\

JaneS

Sorry I didn't make it in here today.  I was being LAZY!  It was super hot and uncomfortable and I decided to take it easy. 

Now I'm off to bed.  I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy, healthy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one.

JaneS

roley

G'morning all. Pleased you enjoyed the short tour around my area Shirley, sorry to say, but no I
 have not put anything about Marlow in here but I will have a look around and see if there are any interesting items, if I find anything I will certainly put it in here for you,the 'Bald Explorer' travels around the country filming, but I am unsure if he has been filming in that part of the UK.
Thanks for your message Lloyd, sorry you still have trouble with your PC, I used to enjoy our little chats, so good luck when you try and sort out the problem.
                                Cheerio.   Roley :thumbup: .

Amy

Good morning everyone...

We did get rain last night, not a lot but still rain instead of well water to water the pLants :)

Today is go into town to pick up lumber to replace the ramp to the verandah. While Kyle is doing that, it is back to the garden for me.

No break in this fry weather for a while it seems so work early in the morning before the temp gets unbearable.

Jane, is that the kind of gourds you can make birdhouses out of?? All too soon you will be so busy canning, pickling  and gathering for winter.

Roley, enjoyed the tour love the way one gets over a fence!!

Sandy, your rollator gives you security when you walk, along with freedom to do so.

Shirley, one thing about our generation is we can make do, make things from scratch and can whip up a meal with next to nothing.

Jenny, feels so nice now with the hair cut. Way to go on the mask making!!Thoughts and prayers heading your way on a difficult day today.

Better scoot.

Enjoy your day everyone..
Jimmy Dean

Gloria

Good morning everyone, I laid ohe couch with the TV on after my post yesterday and slept till almost 10. No wonder I couldn't say much. I feeel awake this am and slept good  and woke after 5:30. Hope everyone is wearing a mask when they go anywhere except in their own homes. I sure do not like what I hear on the news about people being out without them and in the fall it will be back and worse. We should all pray that someone finds something soon to combat this deadly virus.

LLOYD  about time you slept good.

PHYLLIS  you sounded like me yesterday morning. I did not even finish a cup of coffee and I was sleeping again. Hope today finds you more "chipper"

BUBBLE  I had to go back to Amy's post. She must have fixed it, didn't see it.I sure didn't catch that.

Just heard on the news there is another  shortage--Kayaks are in shrt supply. People taking up a new hobby?

SHIRLEY  so that is why I sleep every day, digesting the food I don't eat much of?

ROLEY/PETER I know I am going to enjoy this walk as it is where you live ad was married to your wife.

JENNY  that is a long time to wait for a funeral.

AMY  glad you did not water your pants, would have been uncomfortable. Glad my DIL came here to cut my hair or I would have had Yvette braidig it.

SANDY  I use my rollator because I do need it.

SHIRLEY  no one horded anything because we needed stamps to buy anything during WW2. Yvette told me about the bare shelves in the markets and now they are starting to fill up again. The only place IO have been since before this virus scare started was to my grandson's on the Fourth. I was so disgusted with the few flags I saw flying. I counted only 4  of them.

JANE  it was not too bad here yesterday abd the AC hardly ran at all. From what I just heard on the TV weather going to be hot and humid later. I do miss going outside for a walk a few times a day but I cannot walk in the hot sun and when it is humid I just hibernate with my AC running. I am with you being bored lately and maybe that is why I sleep so much during the day except for the 2 hours Yvette is here. Of course week ends are really boring.

PETER  just watched the Bald Explorer and enjoyed it. It amazes me to see the old buildings and churches that were built before America was even discovered. Thinking of the age makes me realize we are still a young country compared to the UK. Thanks for another  interesting walk.

AMY  thanks for the chuckle I just got with your pLants. You made sure the L was in there and could be seen.

Have a good day and stay safe.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I think my head and all my extremities that depend on it are back to normal!  I'm going to try to take Mickie for a real walk after she has her breakfast this morning.  That will tell the tale! 

I've read all the entries and I'm sorry I haven't commented on them.  JENNY, I'm thinking of you and your family while you "celebrate the life of your SIL".  It's not an easy thing for those of us who are left behind.

SHIRLEY, I hope you haven't "sizzled" in your steps!  It can sure get hot where you are.

ROLEY, thank your for the walks.  I'm another who enjoys your tours of England and especially seeing where you are from!

Today is a bit cooler here and it's supposed to begin raining around 11 a.m.  We shall see.

I think the boinger has gone and that means it's time for breakfast so I better get myself off this chair and start moving.  We'll see how the walk goes and then proceed with the rest of the day.

I wish you all a pleasant day!
Make it your own in every way!

And don't forget to share it!

Joy

Good morning.  I have not posted anything for a couple days. But, I have read most of the messages.

Jane, do hope you are feeling better.  I have just been very lazy.  Don't feel like doing anything and I haven't been doing much.  I have a doctor's appt. tomorrow, so that will get me moving along for at least a little while.

I have been reading a lot, and then that makes me sleepy.  I have been sleepy very well, but still get so sleepy during the day.

I hope everyone is doing as good as they can with all these restrictions that most of us all are still under.  It is starting to get to me.  I feel like this is going to go on for a long while and yes, Fall will be bad again.  I don't understand why a lot of people are so against wearing a mask when it is for your own good.  Yes, they are uncomfortable, but something we should be doing.  I do feel bad for people who have health issues and have trouble wearing a mask. 

I hope everyone will have a good day and be safe.

Joy
BIG BOX

phyllis

Sounds as though everyone is doing a little better today and that is good news.  I hope that trend continues.

A little cooler here this morning but still muggy with rain again this afternoon.  We are soaked.  I wish I could send some of it up to you, Amy, for your pants....uh, your plants.  ;D

I have to make  out the grocery list today for David to pick up tomorrow.  That always takes me awhile but I have plenty of time because I don't plan to do much else.

Take care, All.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Amy

Just received an email something to think about.
If click it or ticket to get people to wear seat belts
I wonder if "Mask it or casket "
Might work ??
Jimmy Dean

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. another hot one here is already 80º @8:50 A M. I had a hard time getting to sleep but finely did and slept until about 8:30. Have a great day everyone.

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

AMY food for thought alright.

Have a good day.

Lloyd

JaneS

Mickie said she loved the walk! I liked it, too.  No problems!

Joy

Amy,   
LOVE YOUR COMMENT  !!!!

Joy[/color][/size][/b]
BIG BOX

Amy

Just heard masks are mandatory here now . Neighbour just asked if I would make him 1...told him he needed more than one and I had the perfect fabric....with an evil grin.  He said no funny stuff.......darn :(  Plan black or blue he said.

Jane  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer: . Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Joy, I thought it was rather appropriate in these times.Yesterday while getting my hair cut we would take turns breathing without our masks on. Social distancing in place mind you. I don't like them but it is what it is and will wear one if it helps stop this darn Covid -19
Jimmy Dean

Lloyd Hammond

well not much better but I am off to give my Self my shot and take my night time pills.good night and sweet dreams see you all in the morning.

Lloyd

JaneS

AMY, if I were the one making the masks, I'd sure as heck throw in the "evil" one, too.

I'm off to bed.  Mickie and I had two of our regular walks today...one early before it got hot and one later after the storm cooled things off.  We agreed that both of us are too old and decrepit to be out walking in 90º temperatures.  So we just do a quickie out in the yard after lunch and save the walks for better times.

Frankie came over right around lunch time today and I told her she could pick the store to go get me stamps and I'd buy a pizza and drinks for our lunch.  She went and we had lunch together and talked about anything we thought of.  Then she went home around 4.  Nice!!!

I'm off to Dreamland.  I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy, healthy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!