Random Image

bevi

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 07:07:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-05-06, 01:46:51
junee: Bubble

2024-05-06, 01:46:39
junee: b

2024-05-02, 00:44:41
Oldiesmann: Relevant links can be found in topics in the Homemaking, Food & Garden board. I'll see about moving them over to articles here when I get a chance.

2024-05-02, 00:07:54
Oldiesmann: Found them. They're on the CP site: https://www.christianphotographers.com/recipes/recipeindex.html

2024-05-01, 23:57:58
Oldiesmann: I'm not finding anything related to recipes on the site. I'll do some digging through the Internet Archive and see if I can dig them up. It's possible that got lost in the big server crash back in 2016

2024-05-01, 17:21:56
JeanneP: I am trying to get into the Archives of the Recipes that where moved over from Senior net few years ago, Can't find them

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

Soda Shoppe for July 1, 2020

Started by so_P_bubble, June 30, 2020, 11:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gloria

Good morning everyone, already 71 and very humid here. Forecas t calls for rain lots of it starting Friday and ending Sunday. One guesser said we could get over 3 inches of rain. We do need it but I feel bad for those who work all week and have a rainy weekend in front of them. I do remember looking forward to week ends only to have it rain or snow and stuck in the house. Oh well i AM REALLY STUCK INSIDE THIS YEAR. There I go again hitting the cap lock. That is what happens when I don't look at the keyboard.

JANE  I pray those rocks  went back to their cave and stay there now. I only had vertigo once and it scared me. The doctor gave me exercises to do and they made it worse.

JOY  I know how you are feeling. I have never  slept in the day as much as I have lately. I  think it is boredom doing it. No one in this building goes out of their apartments anymore. If not for my CNA 2 hours 5 days during the week and one son coming every Saturday morning I would see no one else. Can only read so much or at the computer or watch tv so  much. One son cannot breathe with a mask on so uses a shield and even  that bothers him.

PHYLLIS  glad you have David to pick up your groceries. I am glad Yvette likes  to shop.

AMY  I like your "Mask it or casket"

LLOYD  not like you to sleep so late. Good for you.

JANE wonderful that you had a good walk with Mickie, bet she liked it, too.

AMY  I wear a mask every time I go out of my door. That is a rule in this building. At least outside we can take it off.

JANE  how great that Frankie stops by so often, you are so lucky.

Have a good day and stay safe.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Amy

Good morning everyone..

They did get rain to the far south of us but nary a drop here. I was told that Sat will bring t storms and rain.......we shall see...

Today is go to the post office then home to work back in the garden.....so far so good. While out will pick a couple of tarps up for the neighbors .Told them what I was doing in the garden and hey want to do the same. Yesterday  I passed on going to the store too long a line up but they were going in after lunch and picked up what I needed! Bonus!!

Jane, I am with you on on the and the fabric is already on my cutting board  ;)  I told his wife when we met at the fence and she also said go for it. Need to make her more masks also.... take it easy in this fry weather.

Gloria, at least you will be able to go outside and walk a bit.With no seats to sit on ,take your rollator and use the seat on it.

Lloyd, good morning hope you and Nancy are staying cool!

Phyllis, usually I don't mind grocery shopping but this year has been trying. Waiting in line for products that are not there. :( Must be better times ahead.

Better go.........water is already on the garden :)

Enjoy your day everyone...stay safe..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  We had one terrific thunderstorm last evening!  And I think we might have had a bit more rain during the night. 

GLORIA, I think Frankie gets a bit lonely sometimes and I'm a stand-in for her mother but we do have something special... something I don't have with any of my other grandkids.  We all have special relationships but Frankie and I faced some tough times together and we both know it.  I love it when she comes buy.

My cleaning lady is ready to go back to work and she texted me last week to ask if I need her.  I held off answering her because I know Frankie likes to clean and I know she needs the money.  I asked her if she'd like to take Tammy's place and quoted her an amount.  She is going to give it a try.  She's almost a good a dynamo as Tammy and now we'll see how she does.

When we went back the hall last night Mickie seemed to be limping a bit.  I tried to see which leg she was favoring because he definitely wasn't limping when we went for our walk.  I couldn't tell but when she was up on the bed she seemed not to want me to touch her left front leg.  So I let her alone and prayed it would be better this morning.  I think it might be although I did help her down the steps to the yard.  When she came back in, she didn't seem to be favoring it as much.  I'm watching her.  And if she does favor it, I'll be calling the Vet later.

I think it might be almost time for the boinger so...

I wish you all a good day!
Make it your own in every way!

And don't forget to come by and share it with your friends!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Rosemary

Good morning all, from a damp and cloudy Scotland.

I've been busy the last few days, don't know where the time goes!

Last Sunday we went down to Edinburgh and visited our daughters, which was lovely as we had not seen them since March. One of them will return to London at the end of the month. It was quite strange being in the city again.  We then went out to visit my mother in her sheltered housing - she is only allowed to have guests in the garden at present, so it was a bit of a challenge as she does not hear too well, but I think she enjoyed seeing us.

Earlier this week the National Trust for Scotland re-opened some of their properties - grounds only, not the buildings. We are very fortunate here in having many places nearby, so we went for a walk in the grounds of Crathes Castle. I thought it might be crowded but in fact there were just a few people and their dogs. It was a great walk in beautiful sunny weather - there are extensive woodlands, a lake, a salmon 'ladder', and wonderful views of the Aberdeenshire countryside. I am meeting a friend there again tomorrow. The icing on the cake will be when they are able to re-open their cafe, but just having the walks open is such a bonus.

This Saturday we are hoping to visit our son and daughter-in-law in the Highlands. I hope the weather stays fine as it is a spectacular drive from Deeside to Speyside, right over the Lecht across miles and miles of moors and hills.

A friend who currently lives in France is coming over soon as her daughter is about to have her first baby. Lorna (my friend) is going to rent a property just a few minutes walk from my house, so it will be great to see her again. We have known one another since our children were little, and now she is about to become a grandmother!

My younger daughter messaged me a couple of nights ago (she is living in our house in Edinburgh) - 'Mum, will it be OK if I keep  a dead bird in the freezer until I go back to college?' - things you never thought you'd hear!  Seems she had found a little bird dead in the garden, and one of her art course friends wants it for her work. My husband said OK so long as it was very well wrapped and boxed, and that she checked it very day for a build up of gases - I certainly do not want my freezer exploding!

I'm off for my walk now.

Have a good day all,

Rosemary

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. It is already 75º @ 6:30 AM here. do not hear any noise in the clouds as yet, but is very cloudy out there. sure hope we get some good rain.
so Nancy can quit fussing about watering the flowers. Mother will most likely do a better job of it anyway. I will be glad when fall and cool weather gets here. I went to V A day before yesterday, the would not let me in.had to have a appointment, only no advance warning of that I do not know how they are handling emergency's. just can't get sick ?? Have a good healthy day.

Lloyd

phyllis

I'm here but it wasn't a good night and isn't starting to be a very good day so I'll probably spend most of it in the recliner.

Nice to see you back, Rosemary, and to hear that things are getting back to a little bit more normal in Scotland.  Unfortunately, we are going the other way here.  There must be an end to this some day.  I admit you have given me something to think about .... a dead bird in your freezer.  hmmmmm.  What we won't do for our kids.

Maybe Mickie has a touch of arthritis, Jane?  The rainy weather might be bothering her. I hope she is doing better now.

Take care, All.  Stay safe.
phyllis
Cary,NC

JaneS

PHYLLIS, you might be right about Mickie and the arthritis.  She was limping a bit this morning but when it came time for our walk and she saw me in my hat and sunglasses and holding the leash, her tail practically wagged off her behind.  And she was able to make the whole walk, including the two back steps with no problem.  Maybe it gets stiff when she just lays around.

Ill have to watch that!

Rosemary

Jane - my elderly Siamese has arthritis, and occasionally she overstretches herself by jumping off something too high, and seems to jar one of her joints. She limps for a couple of days sometimes, then seems to recover.

I have had her at the vet for this before now, but they originally put her on Loxicom (which seems to be the go-to drug for dogs and cats), but although it seemed to help, I think she was left on it far too long, and it damaged her gastric system. Now she has gastric bleeding whenever she has a stomach upset. She has had lots of tests done and they can't find anything wrong apart from that - once they give her an anti-emetic and the vomiting stops, the bleeding stops.  So the important thing for me is to keep her system on an even keel - she's usually sick if she's had too much rich food, or (sorry to  be so detailed!) she is constipated. (So now she is on laxatives!)

Our old retriever also went onto Loxicom when she was quite elderly. She had a disastrous reaction to it - palpitations, distress...so she had to come straight off it again. I do know that it works very well for many animals, these are just things you maybe need to look out for.

Anyway, sounds like Mickie has recovered, so that's great!

Rosemary

Phyllis - I do hope you feel better soon.

We do see a bit of what is happening in the US on our news. Do you think it is because the lockdowns have not been severe enough, or not enforced enough? Are people ignoring the rules or not? I think most people in Scotland have been pretty compliant. In England the information has been far less clear, and some politicians have set very poor examples, so things have not gone quite so well. The number of cases is, however, falling in both countries now. Northern Ireland has also done extremely well in managing the virus. We do not have any real opposition to wearing masks, etc - I don't think most UK residents have quite the same thing about personal freedom that some Americans have; we are happy to accept that we do not have a right to have a gun, or to endanger other people by our actions (though sadly, as in most countries, that goes straight out of the window when some people get behind the wheel of a car.) I suppose it is all a matter of opinion and cultural difference.

I just hope that, now the lockdown is being eased here, the illness does not get brought onto our small Hebridean (and other) islands - most of them have managed to keep it out altogether, which they really need to as their health facilities are often very limited - but now holiday accommodation is being opened up and people are flocking up from the south as they have often had to abandon their plans to holiday abroad. I know that tourism is a vital source of income to rural Scotland, but it's a very fine balance to maintain. At least the authorities will hopefully be very quick to crack down on any outbreaks now.

Lloyd - I am not sure what VA is? All of our medical facilities here are requiring pre-booked appointments for non-emergency matters just now, and dentists and opticians are only being allowed to do some kinds of treatment. My friend, whose daughter is a dentist, was explaining that they can't, for example, do anything the requires a water spray, as the droplets float up towards the ceiling then start floating down again - so they would need to empty the room for at least two hours and disinfect it twice before they could use it for the next patient. It did make me wonder what floats down on us in normal circumstances!

I am sure the Accident and Emergency department at the hospital would still see anyone with a real emergency - another friend went recently, she had to go in alone, with her husband waiting in the car, but she said once inside it was very quiet, she was seen far more quickly than she had been when she attended last year, and the staff, she said, were all very relaxed and laid back.

Rosemary

Tomereader1

Rosemary, the lockdowns here have not been enforced enough, and our State Governor actually (to my thinking) began opening businesses @ 25%, then 50%, thinking only in terms of the economy (I feel sorry for all the small businesses who have lost and are still losing money) but I can't get my head around choosing $$ over peoples lives.  Our cases have tripled in the last month or two.  People are being so nasty about not wearing masks, sounding like little children, "you can't make me wear a mask, this is a free country" blah blah blah. 
Early on you may have seen a post from me ranting about people in the grocery stores trying to run you down, to get to the toilet paper, hand sanitizer, etc., Well, on Tuesday I went to the grocery, a woman came in behind me, and before we even got out of the lobby portion of the store, ran her basket into the back of my legs.  I turned around and saw she didn't have a mast.  I said "ma'am, where's your mask?"  She said oh, I forgot it's in the car.  Well, she left, and I didn't see her come back in.  Of course there are signs posted on all the doors and windows of the store saying "you must wear a face mask".  Apparently she can't read either, as well as being rude and careless! Enough of my rant. 
By the way, the "VA" as Lloyd mentioned is Veteran's Administration hospitals.

JaneS

I'm going to say an early "Good Night".  I just got back from taking Mickie for a walk and I'm going to take a shower before Frankie falls asleep for the night.  If someone is here, I like to take my showers while the are here and alert.  It's just a bit safer that way.

Mickie made the whole circle with me and I think someone is right, she's just stiff from not moving as much as usual.  Because of my vertigo, I haven't been taking her for REAL walks for almost a week now.  I think she just might need to stretch her legs but I'm going to keep a close eye on her.

Now, I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy, healthy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Lloyd Hammond

Rosemary V A is short for vetrains affairs. is where us vet's go for treatment and Meds. (that you tax paying folks pay for) and thanks for that. If it warent
That I would have already gone to be with my maker. It is past my bed time so i go now for my inslane shot and other night time pills. Hope to see you all tomorrow in good health and spireats.

Lloyd

Shirley

Good Night, Sweet Dreams, and God Bless!  Shirley :smitten:

Rosemary

Good morning from sunny Deeside!

I am up earlier than I have been for some time, as I am meeting my friend at 9am at Crathes Castle for a walk. It rained and rained yesterday so I think the paths will be very different from Monday.  I put my boots into the airing cupboard last night in the vain hope that they'd dry off by this morning - but sadly they haven't, so I will just have to put them on wet...

Tomereader - that incident in your store sounds horrible, but well done you for challenging the woman. From today it is a legal requirement in Scotland to wear a mask in shops. It has been a legal requirement to wear one on public transport for some time already. I know it feels a little strange at first, but as our First Minister Nicola Sturgeon said, car seat belts felt weird once - and now we just put them on automatically (or face being stopped by the police, and somewhat more importantly, getting ourselves killed.)  She is still taking us out of lockdown far more slowly than the Westminster government is doing in England. It's the same thing with them - money, money, money. Sturgeon does, of course, want our economy to get back on the rails as soon as possible, but unlike Westminster, she does not want to put people's health on the block to achieve that. Nevertheless, I have seen comments on social media to the effect that she 'just wants to ruin our economy and bring the country to its knees.' Why on earth would an incumbent FM want to do that? Fortunately these people, vociferous as they are, are in a tiny minority in Scotland. Nicola Sturgeon and her government have been acclaimed, even by people who would never vote for them, as having handled this crisis very well indeed.  Like I said, people trust her because she is one of us.

Have a good day everyone,

Rosemary

Gloria

Good morning everyone, 69 and humidity is 95% Rain is supposed to start at 1pm and we can have winds to 45mph. As soon as I went to get out of bed I knew the humidity was high because my back told me so. It is only 2:30 now so tat means I woke really early. Oh well after breakfst I will lay on the couch and get some more ZZZz's while I watch TV through closed eyes.  Even the weather under my post from yesterday is so different from the the weather  guessers said on their reports.

AMY  last weather I saw last night was that a topical storm had formed off the coast and was headed to NY and we would get it here, too. Canot believe any of them, go to different channels and they are all different. Without my rollator I would not be able to walk  but with this heat and strong sun I cannot go for a walk ynless I did it at this time and I don't like doing that alone in the dark with most everyone still asleep.

JANE  you are fortunate you have Frankie visit and have special time with her. I don't see my grands often, they are all so busy with their own lives.  Hope Mickie is OK this morning.

ROSEMARY  I would love to see some of the places you talk about. They sound so beautiful. Then there are a lot of places I would have loved to see here in the US but was never much for traveling. I like being home too much.

LLOYD  we need rain here before we start getting brush fires.

PHYLLIS  I hope you are better today. I know I have some days when I feel I have no energy left.

TOMEREADER  our governor has been slow opening things here and stresses the mask all the time.  I seldom go anywhere but just stepping out of my apartment door  I have my mask on. Hardly see any of the other tenenants and some will get into their cars to go to the market and back here. Doctors and dentists are still not seeing patients.

SHIRLEY  are you  feeling OK? Such a short post from you last night is NOT like you at all.

Have a good day and stay safe.

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Another day of getting outside work done early as it is another fry  day Friday.

Need to get sewing after the other work is done.

Gloria I sure hope you can catch some zzz's that is way to early to be up. It did cloud up for a bit last night and maybe 20 drops of rain fell. Tomorrow is going to be the storm and I hope gentle rain .

Better move it and get the garden tended to.. :thumbup:

Enjoy your day everyone..stay safe.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I'm up and waiting for the boinger for breakfast.  I'm going to get dressed and go out and water my plants before it gets so hot the sun drinks up all the water before it can soak into the ground and do the roots some good.

I wish you all a lovely day!
Make it your own in every way!

Shirley

Good morning, Gloria (and anyone else awake at this hour)..... I've been up & about for more than an hour. Tried to go back to sleep but started seeing lightning & heard thunder so got up again to let the cats in. Tiger & Callie were waiting at the door but poor Tom, he must have seen or heard sooner and is already in his hidey hole, where ever that is. He comes home dry, but is so terrified of storms, I really hate him being out alone. They have choices and still want to be free so it's what they choose. I was so tired last night I was in a hurry to get to bed. All 3 kids called to let me know about their day (& check on me).

Oldest son has been over 2 days in a row fixing my sprinkler system so as long as he is out there working, I am out there talking to him & doing what I can to help. Mainly going to the basement to start the well to test the heads...Fitbit said I did those steps 4 times yesterday but sure thought it was more than that. I also got a sunburn... not bad enough to blister but can feel the heat & can sure see where my shirt covered. I dug out some old "tank tops" this week, too hot to care what I look like! Goodness, I could pull skin on my arms an inch or more & trim off those wrinkles, but not going to happen. I know the exercise is good for me but don't move much unless I am pushed.  ::)

Here comes the rain! Night before we had 2 & a quarter inches so that should help. The grass going down to the river is so dry it looks like late August. Wow, lightning just drilled into the ground on the other side of the river. My son sent photos of a large tree near his house that lightning hit the night before, sliced the trunk & will have to be removed. We had a tree in our front yard (years ago) hit by lightning, popped some of the bark onto the front porch & the bolt went into the ground, hit the well wiring & followed it into the house & got the security system & closest electric items to the well (like TV & phones). We didn't even think about turning it into the insurance, just repaired ourselves.

Times like this I wish we had lightning rods like my grandmother's house! After she died, when we went back to the house after the auction, we found one of the rods, melted at the end, & still had the glass ball on it. Dad said it had "done it's job to lead the bolt into the ground via the copper wire". My daughter has it now, she loved the story. I'll have to remind her to show to her gr-kids since this is their last day visiting with her. She took them to the Science Museum yesterday, said it was so different with the virus restrictions, but kids loved it, said they wore their masks the whole 2 hours with no complaints. Said not many people like before. St.Louis has a lot to entertain kids (and adults).

Better look for the kind of Round Up needed to kill weeds & Bermuda grass growing in the pool pump enclosure. Andy said they have a battery powered type that is ready to use & don't have to pump, so will check online at the stores before heading out. I used to (before computers) go from store to store until I found what was needed, now it is much easier to do the searching online first! Not a lot of rain so far but interesting lightning & thunder! Been hearing about the storms along the east coast, lots of rain but the wind more like our every day speeds. Stay safe, all of our east coast friends!

Good morning, Amy, sure wish I had a garden to tend to. You should hear this thunder rolling across the sky.... can't remember when it was so noisy! Better check radar, probably should turn off the computer & unplug, don't have this one on a surge protector.  :o  Have a great day.

And here's Jane! I'd better close & have a look outside. I'm watching out the corner of my eyes & qhite a show Mother Nature is putting on. Shirley  :wave:

Lloyd Hammond

good Morning everyone. well I woke up about 6 A M but am tireder than when I went to bed. we are at 67º and going in to the 90's again today.so i am going to be couch bunny again today. Nancy is going to the doctor for check up. I am going to let her go by her self. Have a good day.

Lloyd

phyllis

The tropical depression that has been sitting off of the NC coast for the last 2 or 3 days has finally moved on up the coast and I'm feeling better.  The barometric pressure changes really affect my head.  Not much I can do about the weather.  I hope it brings rain to those of you who need it up there.  We certainly don't need any more down here for awhile. 

I can't believe it is Friday again so soon.  This week has gone by very quickly.  No plans today except maybe I'll put some stew beef in the slow cooker.  We haven't had a good beef stew for quite some time and I have all the ingredients that I need.  I want to use up some of the potatoes....they are beginning to sprout.

Take care, All.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Rosemary

So glad you're feeling better Phyllis.

I have just made a broccoli and courgette soup because, instead of potatoes, I had a fridge full of broccoli. I'm sure when I bought it I must have thought it was a bargain - then I couldn't think what to do with it. Sorted now!

Rosemary

Joy

Hi to everyone.

I have read most of your messages, and it does sound like most of you are coping with all the unordinary problems that we all have.  Like most of you, I really have not been out that much.  I did have a doctor's appt. yesterday with the heart doctor, and there was not anyone in the waiting room, and only 2 girls at the desk.  The doctor aid he is just like everyone else..... taking things one day at a time.  Everything was good and I don't have to go back for 6 months. It was too early to stop for lunch, so my DIL just brought me home and after I had lunch, I took a long nap.

I had a call in the late afternoon, that a very old friend of our family had passed away.  She had fallen and broke her leg  a week or so ago, and was doing well.  But, she did have some fluid in her lungs and I guess that was the cause of her death. It was totally unexpected and I am very sad today.  I have not heard anything about whether there will be a funeral or not. Hard to lose old friends !!  And, unfortunately, she was alone.

it is a little cloudy outside right now, but I think my area will escape the rain that is coning up the east coast.
We are a good ways inland, but a little rain would be welcomed. 

Almost time for lunch, and then probably another afternoon nap.

Enjoy the rest of the day and stay safe.

Joy
BIG BOX

Shirley

Joy, very warm hugs for your loss. Times like this we feel SO alone, right?  It is comforting to know we have friends in here that we haven't touched or never got 6' close to, but still know they care, and we all do.  :smitten:

JaneS

JOY, please accept my condolences and my prayers for you and your friend. It's not easy to lose a clos friend.  We don't have all that many of them left.

We had a mostly rainy day today but it didn't have any effect on the heat!  It stayed in the high 80s and low 90s most of the day.  Mickie and I got our walks in but one was in the rain.  It was a soft sprinkle and we didn't really mind it. 

SHIRLEY, I know exactly what you mean about "trimming off the excess skin" and I sure wish that was possible but I'm pretty sure whatever muscle is left in my arms is contained in that droopy skin and I sure don't want to risk losing what's left.

I'm off to bed now and I sure hope tomorrow isn't as boring as today!  I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy, healthy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Lloyd Hammond

phyllis just cut them sprouts off amd plant them in your flower bed shallow and c over them with some grass clippings if you can rake some up. just cut the sprouts off with a thick peal. and put the patois and some cut up onions in some salt water.when you get them cooked tinder pour most of the water off add milk and grated cheese and lot of butter and a little salt to the pot. and enjoy. good night and sweet dreams see you all tomorrow. I am off and going to take my shot and night time pills and go to bed.

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Today is THEE day....we are to get some rain!! We shall see about that.
Yesterday did not go as planned but that's ok. Met up with our friend and exchanged parcels then home to bake. As we were coming home a fox ran across the road.........always nice to see them. Bread ,Rangers cookies and upside down pineapple cakes. Ran one cake over to the neighbours and will take a loaf of bread to another neighbour today. No garden got done ,just the watering part .....so the weeds still live!

Today is take garbage to the dump then into town to pick up lumber, Kyle is making a new work table and jut needs the top for it. Laundry is my plan then more sewing but not saying that too loud as we know plans change.

Joy, I am sorry for your loss.Losing a friend hurts and now more than ever as we can't go see them or to a funeral. Just remember all the good times you have had with her.

Jane,  please boot the rain here!! The ground is so dry and hard I would think the rain would bounce off of it before it begins to sink in.

Phyliss, that stew sounds good! 
Shirley, I would love the rain but not the thunder. Babe isn't too keen on the music that  a storm brings. If it is really bad I just cuddle her  until it stops..

Better put an egg in my boot and beat it...

Enjoy your day everyone and stay safe please.
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I'm going to try to make today count for something!  I'm not sure what just yet.  My personal shopper (daughter Cathy) wants my list today.  She's going tomorrow, I think!  So that's #1 on the agenda.

We're currently waiting for the boinger and then we'll have breakfast and our first walk of the day.  Our high is only supposed to be 82º and that's lower than it's been for almost 2 weeks now.  However, more rain is predicted for  this afternoon so we shall see.

AMY, it's been my consideration that the weeds will wait for anything and just "dig in their roots" a little further each time we pass them by.  Stubborn little buggers to say the least.

I think I just heard the boinger go off so I guess I better get moving.  If Annie was here, she'd hear it too and let me know in no uncertain terms that it's time to eat.  Mickie can't here it so she waits patiently until I'm ready.  Guess what?  I'M READY!

Have a great day Everyfriend!

Lloyd Hammond

Good morning everyone. it is 71º and bright sun going for 88º the Holden weather says. I slept Farley good. so with the high temperature i think I will be a movie
goer on you tube. have a good day everyone as you like it,

Lloyd

Gloria

Good morning everyone, so much for all the rain from the tropical storm-we did not get even 1 drop of rain here. Not windy either.

AMY  after Yvette left I did get about a 30 minute nap, that was enough. Last night I went to bed about 10:30 and woke at 6 this morning, much better.  Your 20 drops of rain made me think of me daughter telling me they had a 2 inch rain, 1 drop here and another 2 inches away. At first I was surprised they got 2 inches of rain at one time in the high desert.

JANE  hope you got your plants watered before the sun got too hot. Since my daughter has raised beds to plant in my SIL set up a drip system to water them. It drips into the soil near all the plants and they set a timer for it. He had set a system like that when they lived in San Diego and it sure put the water where needed.  They also got a bale of hay and spread it betw een the rows and helped keep the moisture from evaporating fast.  That  would be something for AMY to try in her big garden.

SHIRLEY  I ge t worn out reading all you do. I don't do much of anything especially in summer. I will not go out  to walk around in the hot sun.  I could walk the hallways but that is boring. When I hear thunder I shut the PC and every thing else off. We had a TV get hit once because the man I marrie d would not shut the TV off. I used to unplug everuything during a storm but now just shut every thing off. We had no part of that storm and happy about that. I often wonder how this building would hold up in a hurricane. It has never been through one since it was built about 15 years ago. I wonder how strong it is at times, if the outside materials are better than the cheap ones used on the inside.

LLOYD  hope Nancy had a good report from her doctor.

PHYLLIS  way back when I was still working I would tell others we were gig to get a snow storm and they would ask how I knew. I could feel that barometric pressure changing and they said impossible. When it sta rted snowing they did not laugh. I finally said nothing and you are the first one saying anything about that pressure and the feeling it gives. We did not even get a drop of rain here and no wind either.

JOY  sad when one lives alone and dies with no one knowing. Glad my 3 call me every day to check up on me.

JANE  with all the weight I lost I am surprised my arms and other places are not all flabby. Maybe it came off so slow and I was not trying to lose pounds. I seldom get on the scale and was surprised when my clothes started getting baggy.

Time for me to get moving before son makes his Saturday visit.

Have a good day and s tay safe.