Random Image

lesson 11 fractal mask background

Owner: phyllis
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:18:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for July 15, 2020

Started by so_P_bubble, July 15, 2020, 12:02:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roley

Message for Lloyd: Sorry Lloyd, i do not understand your message, i have not sent any pictures to you, apart from the odd cartoon, just to let you know that i am still alive ! :) , as far as i know i have no problems with the PC at the moment !,perhaps one of those little 'gremlins' is playing his tricks again ? :), re-try perhaps you may have made a mistake in my email address ?, good luck and stay safe.               :thumbup:  Peter.

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I'm up and (sort of) attem this morning.  Mickie's been out and had her pill and we're waiting for the boinger for breakfast.  After that, we'll have our first walk and then I'm going to go see if my favorite Amish farmer has his stand open.  I'm also going to check for the one who takes newspaper. I have no idea what he uses it for but he definitely recycles.  And I might stop at the car wash on the way.

Then I have one pile of boxes to label and I've promised myself to go though one of them a day....there's 4 in the pile.  Somewhere in there, is another short walk with Mickie and then a NAP....I hope!

GLORIA, that's great about the chicken!  That will not only save you some money, it'll save you some time and it'll be there whenever you want it. 

Gotta go!  It's time for the boinger and my day begins!  I hope you all have a lovely day...Make it your own in every way.  And don't forget to share it with your friends!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

phyllis

Good morning.  I've not been in a very good mood lately.  For some reason the heat has bothered me even more than usual this year.  It was still 82 deg. when I went to bed at 10:30 last night.  I have a ceiling fan and a small floor fan running all night in my bed room as well as the all house air conditioning and still do not rest comfortably.  So, that puts me in a cranky mood and I apologize for that.  I'm going to try to remedy that today.

I'm waiting on a call from the grocery store asking me if this or that substitute will be alright.  Nothing so far so it might be that I will get everything that I ordered.  David will pick the order up at just before noon.

That is a nice gesture, Gloria, for that farm to donate all that chicken.  So many people are doing nice things during these bad times.  I know you will enjoy it.

Have a good day, Everyone.  Stay cool, stay safe. 
phyllis
Cary,NC

Sandy

Good Morning Everyone
from the cooler and sunny
rocky coast of Maine.. 

phyllis  ... 
    I think that we are all a
bit flummoxed  during this Covid
epidemic on top of it being a
politically up set time in our
lives.   

The two are just too MUCH!!! 

I try to start each day believing
that something good is going to
happen.   And that usually ends up
being a call from my good friend vicki. 

We cheer each other up and also
blow off steam,  which is very
helpful.. 

Have a good day,  everyone! 
And stay safe!!

Sandy 
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Amy

The hot tub is done and now heating back up ,so far the temp is 62 ° too cold for me...will wait till it hit 98 or so.

Jane, this new rain we had must have pleased the pumpkins as they are now taking over!! Tis fun to watch how they go, blossom and hopefully produce!

Phyllis, hope your day is going better..maybe a laugh or two
 to help.

Sandy, this is a trying time for  all. I can really blow off steam at those that take this lightly, don't wear masks and don't self isolate. No respect for others or themselves.

Better go get the tea on..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Mickie's been favoring her back right leg for about 2 weeks now so I took her to the Vet today.  They did a lot of feeling around and then xrayed it and there isn't anything broken.  The vet came to the same conclusion I did that she probably twisted it when she jumped up or down from something.  I'm not supposed to let her jump up or down and no walks for two weeks.  She also gave us pain pills to be taken every 12 hours.  As for the jumping up and down, that's going to be hard to control.  It's her favorite thing to do inside the house.  And our walks are something we both like.  Maybe I'll just do down to the corner and back a couple times.  It really hurts when the doggies hurt because they can't tell us about it.

Now I'm off to bed!  I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy, healthy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one.

P.S.  Phyllis, I've had days when I had a bad case of the "screamin' meanies and I wish you a better day tomorrow.  I know how that can be!

Shirley

Phyllis, maybe you've hit on a point we all need to think about... doing nice things for others right now. I know I have been self centered lately & have done a lot of whining. Nobody wants to hear whining. Our temps have been unbearable this year. Never liked summer but this year my AC has stayed on day & night. Never before because usually nights were cool enough that having the slider open was perfect. I used to stay up working nights but can't stay awake anymore, maybe lazy??? Been quite a few mornings I've had to be ready for yard guys, trash guys or even a son to come by... so I crash & nap when ever I get a chance. The new normal.

Sandy, I have a friend that for 40+ years we had a Monday Morning "how did your week end go" griping session. She had a husband that honestly couldn't screw in a lightbulb without the fixture falling down and mine was a work-a-holic so I didn't sit down the entire week end. They mellowed over the years and died about a year apart, but we still stay connected and like you, cheer each other up. I am 10 days older than her so we spend the year looking for the funniest birthday cards we can find.

Jane, so sorry about the pup. Know you will do what's best and "what's best" is probably those walks you take together. She will know what hurts and probably you won't have to warn her about the jumping. I'm sure you will know when to give her a pain pill... trouble with those she won't realize she is hurting herself if numbed up. We can't help but worry about our fur babies. Tom has me concerned because he looks so skinny & eats like a horse. But I'm sure he is running off any fat & I could build another cat from what hair I brush off him... They are all outside most of the time because they want to be, do their hunting at night which is normal for them. They are feral and I don't control them so have to accept their way of life. Trust your instincts about what's good for Mickie.

Oh, good news, the other grands tested negative for the virus and since the one that tested positive doesn't have any of the runny nose or fever, I'm pushing for her to get re-tested. She is a weight lifter & my opinion (which doesn't really count) those blood clots could be from weight lifting or any other activity. She is very competetive so pushes herself no matter what she does. At least everyone else seems to be okay but sure put everyone on alert for a while.

I may do a load of laundry before going to bed. We had a power outage one day this week, I'm sure the whole system is pushed to the limit so maybe need to do what I can. My dryer is gas but still uses some electricity for the timer, etc, doesn't it? Probably wouldn't hurt to do a little ironing while the clothes run their cycles. Good idea, Shirley  EDIT:  11:20 pm, 84°  but feels like 90°  .. pure misery!

Denver

Just dropping to see how everyones day went. 

JANE, sorry to read about Mickie' s sore leg.  Happy the vet did not think it is anything serious. 

SHIRLEY, good to read no ones else tested positive for the virus. 

Good night and sweet dreams to EVERYFRIEND. 

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Gloria

Good morning everyone, well we did hit  91 yeste rday and we did have some rain in the late afternoon. Not enough to clear the air and still humid. Already  70 to start the day  yuck. I think I will ask my grandson if he can get me a new keyboard. I am tired of this one skipping spaces and back spacing to get words together. I don't know how many I have missed.
A market in the next town had a big pork sale that started yesterday so Yvette went, Got a boneless loin, will have my son cut me a roast from it and give him the rest of it. I also got a pork butt for him. He likes making pulled pork so that will come in handy for him. I did get the 2 frozen chickens now hope I have room in the freezer for some of the pork loin in it. Nex t week we will get out farmers coupons. $15  in each booklet and we have been getting 2 of them the last 3 years.  Comes in handy at my favorite farm.

JANE  the chickens look small, not those big fat ones that are fed all kinds of hormones an stuff they don't need. 

PHYLLIS  that restaurant is a very busy one. With this lock down and no one going to there they had a surplus of chickens. Their chicken is always tender and tasty and they serve several sides with it. Never leave there hungry. I think many of us are getting cranky.

JANE  hope Mickie can learn to stop jumping but once the do the jumping on things it is hard to stop them. 

SHIRLEY  YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS NAPS ALL DAY. Again I locked the caps on. When my back starts hurting  will lay on the couch to rest it for a few minutes and fall asleep, maybe 10 minutes or an hour. For me I think it is boredom.

JENNY  hello.

Have a good day and stay safe.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Going to be another hot humid day. Will get the work done before it gets too bad. Managed to get the hot tub drained and back up ,two loads of laundry done ,ironed and put away. Today is wash floors after I sweep up the makings of another dog or two.

Jane, that is a difficult job keeping a dog from jumping....good luck with that!

Shirley that is great news on the grands. One never stops worrying though..

Better get cracking...

Enjoy your day everyone..stay safe
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. it Is already 74º and steamy, going into the 90's.
so I am going to be couch jockey again today. stay in and stay by A C.

Lloyd

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I got up and stuck close to the bed until Mickie decided it was time to get down and I was quick enough to lift her down.  So far so good this morning.  In a few minutes we're going to go out and walk down to the corner and back.  She really likes going out in the morning and I can't totally deny her that.

Don't know what I'll be up to today.  We'll just see what comes.  I think Frankie is coming over this afternoon for a while.  She's going to take over for my cleaning lady and see how it works out.  We've decided to try it and both of us will take suggestions and if it doesn't work we'll say so.  She needs the money and I need the help.

PHYLLIS, I hope your snit is over and it's a better day.

GLORIA, sounds like you'll be eating well for a while!

SHIRLEY, Hooray! the family is OK!

Now I'm off to see what I can get into.  I think I have a form to fill out if I can find it!  I do dislike filling out forms!  I sure hope they don't have forms in heaven!

I wish you all a lovely day!
Make it your own in every way!

And don't forget to share it with your dear, but nosey friends on S&F ;D

phyllis

Yes, Jane, I think the "snit" (good word) is over, or nearly, for now.  I slept better last night because it was cooler and that should make a difference.

Hope Mickie's leg is doing better.  We had a mini-dachshund, Charlie Brown, who typically developed spinal problems.  The vet said he must not jump up or down on things and we would have to carry him up or down the stairs.  It took maybe twice of us lifting and carrying him for him to learn he liked that a lot.  From then on he would stop and wait for us to lift and carry him wherever he wanted to go.  Even after his back healed.  ;D  He was the smartest little dog I have ever known.

Stay well....stay cool.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Tomereader1

Our Police Department put on a "Senior Wellness & Safety Relief Program" for 55 & older.  It was a drive-thru event, they allotted 9:00 to 11:00 AM.  I was all hyped to go this morning, but woke up with my vertigo nearly dumping me on the floor.  I decided I didn't need to drive.  Anyway, they were giving boxes with mask, sanitizer, TP, toothbrush/toothpaste, protein bars First Aid Kits, gloves, and mosquito repellent.  Also, a free box lunch while supplies lasted.  I guess my inner ear knew best, as I got word on our NextDoor site that they had given away 400 of the 500 boxes, shortly after 9:00 AM, and the line was awful, people got there early to score the "loot" and it ran out.  Already people on NextDoor are griping (if you can believe it) that it was a poorly planned event and they should have....yadda yadda yadda.  I say to whomever said that, "you plan and provide for the next one".  I'm certain that the folk who got there early enough to get a box are very appreciative.  I know I would have been.  I had planned to get there at 8:00, but just as well I didn't try.
I had a nice surprise yesterday, my neighbor texted me, did I want a gallon of milk, fruit.  I told her I had just bought milk, and would never, ever need a whole gallon of it; and that I could use the peaches, oranges, and bagged carrots. They brought that over, and I was so thankful.  I don't buy much fruit, can't eat apples, and grocery store is in a "bagged" niche with the oranges, peaches, and I never buy bags of anything (maybe potatoes)!  Seems like some of us are enjoying the "kindness of strangers" (neighbors) offering various help.
Gonna be another hot one here today!

Lloyd Hammond

good afternoon, it is 94º @2:11 P M and bright sun. the Humming birds are staying busy at the feeder. I am staying cool by the A C. I did step out on the deck and just took second,the sun relay burns. don't know how the birds stand it. the cows go stand in the pond coverd all except there heads. stay in ans stay cool,

Lloyd

JaneS

Well, I don't know where this day went!  I was busy all day and there's nothing to show for it.  Oh yes, I did get the form filled out and it's ready to mail in.  Cathy is going to pick it up tomorrow and take it to work with her Monday and make copies of everything and then mail it and bring me the copies.  So that's one thing.

Mickie's leg seemed better this morning but tonight she's really favoring it again.  It seems to come and go.  PHYLLIS, Mickie does not like to be lifted....EVER!  She wants to do it herself even when she obviously can't.  I have trouble making her wait while I get in position to help her on the steps. She's and independent little cuss!

We're going to make one more foray into the yard and then it's off to bed with us.  I did have a nice face time visit with my Maryland daughter this afternoon.  We talked for about an hour about anything and everything. 

Now I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy, healthy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. Holden weather says it is 76º now and going for 93º  likely will go higher than that as it did yesterday. sure hope it misses and cools off, so I can get motivated and go to the shop, Nancy Is getting cranky with me in the house. I do not know how I used to stand the heat like i used to. I worked when it was 110º in the shade at the forge heating and hammering plow shears sharp and forge, welding new points on them. and making new horseshoes and putting them on the horse. I tell Nancy I have paid my dues, but she don't want to except that idea.  you all have a great and stay in the cool.

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning everyone..
Another day that makes one want to work double time while it is still cool. Yesterday one could hardly draw a breath it was so hot. I did manage to get a lot done ,even tried a new recipe for Blueberry cobbler that was quite nice. Did a deep clean plus washed floors. Washed all the stuffed animals (dog toys) and hung them on the line  :)

Today ,need to go in town to pick up some items for my friend and then home to ??? toss up of more deep cleaning or baking??

Jane, Kyle built a step for Golden girl to use to get up into bed. He also built a set of steps for a friends dog to get up into his bed. I just looked to see at Wayfair and Petsmart how much they are and mercy they can be costly. If you have a  Craigslist?? or something similar may be able to pick up  one there . I did buy GG a ramp  to get up into the van but she didn't like it. :(

Lloyd, I chuckled at your post..your stuck between hot weather and hot tongue and maybe cold shoulder!! :2funny:  You know Nancy just loves the dickens out of you..

Gloria, good thing about the small chicken is your not eating it forever. Will Yvette make soup if you save the bones for you?

Better git while I can...

Enjoy your day everyone...stay safe.
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  My boinger just went off for breakfast and a pill for Mickie so this will be short.  We're in for 3 days of boiling hot weather coming up!  I have to go to the recycling today and my plan is to go as soon as Cathy appears with my groceries.  I'm going to as her when she's going.  I might go as soon as we have breakfast.

AMY, I don't think Mickie could have even done a ramp last night or this morning.  She's really hurting. I hope the pain pill gives her some relief.

LLOYD are you testing Nancy's patience again! 

I guess I better go get us some breakfast and get this day moving!  I wish you all a special day!  Make it your own in every way!  And don't forget to share it with all of us!

Gloria

Good morning everyone, have not slept this late in a long time. My son called last night and said he would be here at 8:30 this morning, before  the heat sets in. Here it is 8 already so this will be a short post. Need my coffee and get dressed before he is here.I know he is my son but do not like anyone seeing me in my nighty and robe.

After the chickens we re delivered Yvette went to the market, some good buys and we know how fast they are cleaned out these days. When she came back she said she could already smell chicken cooking in the hallways. She got me a nice boneless pork loin and I have been longing for a pork roast, that's the French in me. I do have some home made applesauce in the freezer and coo cranberries I cooked in the fall that will be good with the chicken.

That's it for me. Coffee is finished and have to get moving.

Have a good day and stay cool and safe.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

phyllis

I made some apple sauce yesterday, too, and we really enjoyed it last night for dinner.  I ordered a bag of Granny Smith apples and they were so big and nice and made an extra large amount of sauce.  We will enjoy it for several days.  I also have some thick boneless pork chops in the freezer and will cook a couple of those for dinner tomorrow.  Pork and applesauce are just made for each other, aren't they?

Yesterday was a little cooler but the humidity was still very high with afternoon thunderstorms.  Today it will be back up into the 90's, high humidity, and more thunderstorms.  <sigh>

I was lucky enough to get a new ebook that I had reserved from the library so I'll probably spend the afternoon reading.  Thank goodness, I can still do that.  It helps pass the days.

Take care, All. 
phyllis
Cary,NC

Shirley

Good morning & I'm going back to bed! Wake me when summer is over. >:(  :P  :-\  :'(

Lloyd Hammond

Shirley Please send me email the Name of the person you said I should send the copy of tomorrow to. i need the snail mail address.

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

JaneS

It was a pretty good day today even if we didn't get our walks and I think Mickie's leg/hip is a bit better.  She's started following me around the house again. But she still favors it pretty much.  I humor her with short walks past the neighbor's house and back home.  I think it might be all she wants right now.

I made some chicken salad this morning and had a great chicken salad sandwich for lunch with fresh cantelope for dessert. 

PHYLLIS, you're right about the pork and applesauce and my favorite for making applesauce is Granny Smith apples.

SHIRLEY, I don't think you should sleep until Fall.  There's too much to do around your house what with the pool, feeding the fish, pulling weeds and not to forget the kitties.  DO YOU HEAR ME?  GET UP TOMORROW MORNING!

GOOD NIGHT, LLOYD.  Sleep well

And now I'm off to Dreamland.  I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy, Healthy tomorrow!  And may God bless us, every one!

JaneS

I'm up but it looks like no one else is.  And I don't like talking to myself!  Later, friends!

Amy

Good morning everyone..
It was a very productive day yesterday, the oil was changed in the generator, lawn mower and the snow blower. Neighbour gave me a "look" when I had the snowblower out saying PUT THAT AWAY!!
Today is a day of rest....other than sewing and meals  that is it for me...I hope.

Jane, tis ok to talk to yourself......just don't answer back!!
I keep looking for wee pumpkins but it is more lie a forest in there! Bees are a buzzin so I know there should be pumpkins. Same with the cucumbers, they have also taken over the garden. I am going to try a new recipe on dills and will let you know how it works out.

Phyllis, I am another one that loves applesauce with my pork. Hmmm may look for a pork roast and have that today??

Gloria, hope you had a nice visit with your son. When I am up, I am dressed. Not one to lounge all day in pj's  unless I am not well.

Better git...I slept in  and just remembered we have to take the garbage away..

Enjoy your day everyone..stay safe.
Jimmy Dean

Lloyd Hammond

Good morning everyone. JaneS you and AMY are here and I just got up and am here,
I went to bed at about 9:30 PM lots of nature call through the night and have a sinus or allegory drainage big time this morning. other wise feel good. sun is up bright and 76º says it is going for 92º. will likely go higher than that, it has for several days in a row now. stay in and stay comfortable. Have a good day.
Nancy is going to our regular church today, and not wore about the virus. Hope she dose the  comfortable distancing,

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

I am setting here watching the humming Birds, there are three females fighting over the feeder. there are enough feeding spaces for all three to set down and feed at once, but no they would rather fight.

Lloyd

phyllis

I've been up since about 6 o'clock but just sat and leisurely enjoyed my cup of coffee and then got caught in reading a little bit.  All is well here.  We had more thunderstorms and it rained like the dickens for a little while yesterday late afternoon.  The wind blew hard for a few minutes but didn't seem to do any damage here except to bring down a lot of leaves, twigs, and pine needles.  Sunny and hot again today.

Nothing planned except I'm toying with going down to the shopping center a few blocks away to see about a new ice cream place that opened last week.  Everyone is raving about it and good ice cream on a hot, muggy day sounds so good to me.  The owner is local and I think the small businesses need all the help they can get right now.  They need us and we need them.

Take care, Everyone.
phyllis
Cary,NC