Random Image

AZ MAY 2002 (103).jpg

Owner: donklan
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:13:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for August 1, 2020

Started by so_P_bubble, August 01, 2020, 12:13:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaneS

JENNY, good news is always welcome and the prayers will definitely continue for Michele and her family. 

Now I'm off to let the doggies out for one last run before bed and then hit the sack.  I have an early morning tomorrow.  My son is picking me up at 7:15 a.m. to go to the Kinesiologist.  I did get a lot done today but I didn't make it to the Farmer's Market.  They are open again on Saturday and I plan to hit them then.

I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy, healthy tomorrow. And may God bless us, every one!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

JaneS

I popped in for an early "Good Morning" and I see I'm the last poster last night.  Anyway, I hope you all have a lovely day!  Make it your own in every way!  And I'll be back later to share it with you all!

Lloyd Hammond

JaneS Good Morning. for you and rest that follow. Jane for the most Part you are always the first and last to post on my computer. and that is ok with me great friends like you are always welcome. weather gusset here says 72º and mostly clear going for the high 80's. that will make couch jockey out of me today again today. as Jane says make it your Owen just the way you like it. catch you all again Later.

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning everyone..
A clean up day here and that should keep me busy!1 Floors need to be washed and some windows too.

Jane, I am going to check our Mennonite market for tomatoes
 to can. That is a job for another day. May try canning beans....will see.

Jenny, amen, good news  for Michelle ! Told you of my friend that lived on chemo and now another lady is doing the same thing. His was pill form but hers is the liquid form. At least there is hope.

Better scoot, slept in.......going to the city always tuckers me out.

Shirley where are you????

Enjoy your day everyone ,stay safe.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Gloria

Good morning everyone,  a her e in spir it but my body wants to be  asleep. Had one of those nights of not sleeping. I got up, read awhile, back to bed-wide awake again. up again and played some games on here  r ead some mo e and laid on the couch this time-wide awake  again. Turned the TV on and nothing good so shut it off. Now I am having my second cup of coffee. Maybe that will let me sleep or at least have a nap? Now if that all makes any sense maybe the men in the white coats are  not on the way here with those funny jackets with the long sleeves.

AMY  hope you hd fun shopping yesterday and found all you needed on the list.

LLOYD  did you really send your restless nights my way? I have been sleeping pretty good the last few weeks but last night was a no sleep one.

JANE  my son bought me a bag of tomatoes yesterday. Today I will blach and peel most of them cut them up and into the freezer.When I get enough I will make spaghetti sauce.

PHYLLIS  I am s tar tig t o asl=k people to repeat what they said. With masks on I cannot hear much except mumbles. Glad things went good with your appointment.

BUBBLE  nice with the mouth showing on some of those masks. In a way I am glad I stay here in my apartment so much, don't have to wear one when I am in here.

Sorry for not saying anything more. I am going back to bed once again and hope for a couple hours sleep.

Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

phyllis

Pretty good news about Michelle, Jenny.  Not perfect but compared to what it was before when it all started, it is wonderful.  Made me smile.

I slept in a little bit this morning, too.  I'm glad all the appointments are over with for now.  I was really tired last night.  The good news from the dentist is that I don't have any cavities...the bad news is that he told me this long involved story about his son and I didn't understand a word of it.  I just hope I nodded and laughed in all the right places. 

I've seen those transparent masks advertised, Bubble.  However, at those prices I doubt that medical offices would consent to supply them to their staff just for the sake of the minority of the hard of hearing.  I just have to face the fact that this world isn't made just for me and my needs.

Schwan's will bring a freezer order today so I need to make sure there is enough room.

Take care, All.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Shirley

Well, shucks, Amy, I thought I posted last night but bet I didn't pay attention & one of those times somebody else posted at the same time & I didn't scroll on down to notice. I've had that happen enough times to watch for it but was dead on my feet.

Had my grandson over yesterday and we put back that parquet flooring that came up with the last water leak. That was the 3rd time since we've lived here (31 years) but the other times we caught it before flooring swelled up from being wet. Lucky that the original owners left behind a whole box of those squares so plenty to replace the bad ones. Such a good feeling to have it back to normal after at least a year since the leak. I was going to have that concrete floor sanded down like so many of the stores are doing, looks almost like marble after the make over. BUT, never found anyone that did that job for residential. We both worked hard & got the job done fast, think he was a little surprised how quick I really could move! I paid him for the 2 hours but think we took about an hour... wanted him to realize that getting the job done was the point so the harder & faster he worked the more time to play.

Jenny, so happy to hear about Michelle's latest news.... my brother in law has been on the pill type chemo ever since he had the throat surgery many years ago. He said yesterday that the latest surgery inside his ear, was given a last check up by that doctor. Poor guy, he not only had radiation on his face as a teen that caused so much of the cancers, but he lives in an area of the country (eastern TN/VA) where pollution of ground & water was so bad almost everyone he knows has had some kind of cancer. I feel bad that I can't help him but it's a long drive & even flying means a long drive to an airport on that end. Am glad that she has gotten such good care, but do think a lot had to do with her positive attitude. Bless her heart, I will keep praying that she has many more good years with her family.

Jane, I hope to get up early Sat morning & go to the farmer's market in hopes of finding some home grown tomatoes. They may not be as pretty as those "hot house" tomatoes, but they sure taste better! 

I've run the vac in the pool & watered the front yard but have not had my breakfast. All 3 cats turned their noses up at the tuna & salmon (both Chicken of the Sea)... they love it the first day or two but if they don't clean it up by the 3rd day (in the frig, of course)... Tom & Callie watch to see if Tiger eats anything & if she won't, they walk away from their bowls as well. Have to smile when one of them sneaks back to clean up their dish when the others are not looking. I made the mistake of giving them a spoon of each & know better than open 2 cans at once, they don't clean them up fast enough. Such is life on the farm!  :-\

Gloria, I keep wanting to ask about the CNA... did you have an insurance policy that covers that?  My cousin in MO did have. She was a nurse & when her husband got sick & needed lots of care from her, he insisted on taking out a policy that would give her home health or nursing care when she needed it. She had home health care until she had the open heart surgery (runs in the family) and went into rehab that had the virus/disease that ran wild about 6-8 years ago and that got her. Anyway, think you are lucky or smart to have that help & especially one you enjoy as a good friend.

Better close this door, it was cooler out than inside but starting to get steamy now. We had a quickie storm in the middle of the night, not much rain but wind, little hail & thunder-boomers. Not enough rain to help the yard with the heat we're getting, but I gripe all summer.  :-[ 

There you are, Gloria! Sorry about the sleep running out. My best remedy is to go fill my tummy & back to bed & start the night over. My Doc says it takes a lot of energy to digest the food & works for me.

Had to laugh at your "hope you laughed & smiled at the right places", Phyllis, I'm doing the same thing. Had not realized how much lip reading I've been doing until you can't see the lips!  No easy way around this but do think those inserts of clear plastic may help that part. Thanks for the tip, Bubble.

EDIT:  Amy, just thinking, haven't been in a fabric store for years so do they still carry the thinner clear plastic that could be cut & inserted into a ready make or make your own type mask?  I'm always remodeling clothes (used to) & know I've bought clear plastic for various uses.  I'm against paying high prices for something I can make!

Wishing all a happy day!

Amy

Shirley, yes they do sell the clear plastic.., you could even use the plastic that bedding/sheets come in if you save the bags. If you didn't want to sew through it you could glue it in place??
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Joy

Good morning.

It is trying to clear off and looks like the sun is trying to make an appearance.

Jenny, I am so glad to hear the good news about Michele.  I have been on this journey for over 13 years, been on a chemo pill for over 5 years and doing well.  My doctor tells me that I will probably live to be 100.  LOL  (Not too sure I want to do that, tho)  So, just tell her to stay strong and positive and never give up hope.

I hope to get to a local produce stand on Sat. to get a few things. I especially want to get a cantaloupe that is ready to eat and  I am hungry for some good fresh string beans.  Have not had any for a long time.  I like to cook them with a smoked pork neck and I found a store that carries them.  The store is near where my son works, and he is going to pick one up for me.  That is how my mother cooked her string beans and they have such a good flavor.  I will wait to get the beans after I get the piece of meat.

I need to get dressed and clean up my breakfast dishes.

Have a good day and be safe.

Joy
BIG BOX

CallieOK

Bubble,  those are interesting masks with the clear insert - but they wouldn't help those of us with hearing issues unless The Other Person was wearing one.  ;)

I keep hearing about the "thickness" of the mask making a difference.  Latest one is that the neck gaiters aren't as effective. Those are the ones that look like a winter scarf around the neck and are pulled up over the face.
 I'd wondered what those things were called and think they'd be really uncomfortable in the kind of heat we have around here.

Son brought a delicious dinner from Fish City and we had a good "work session" with the photo album.

No cooking, canning, repair work or errand running on the Plan du Jour around here - just playing Solitaire games on Tablet, reading e-books and more sorting and arranging pictures on pages.

Hope Everyfriend Everywhere finds something Enjoyable about today.

Shirley

hahahahahaha..... Callie, " they wouldn't help those of us with hearing issues unless The Other Person was wearing one". I didn't think about that!  :uglystupid2: I never thought I had a hearing problem except all my life the ears could honestly pick up the sound of my husband's watch ticking laying on the chest of drawers across the room & even had to prove to him that I could "hear him blink". He believed! Now I have tinnitus but figured a way to handle that with the Sony Walkman ear buds... hard to hear those extra noises when the '40s & '50s music is piped direct into the ears/brain!

I do have a problem with "background" music on the radio or TV. Think it mainly irritates me to have anything invade my head unless I invite the sounds. My local radio station/personality has recently started playing background music during their morning all news show. I miss half of what they say because the beat & sound covers their voices. I've kept this radio show on for many years because they do rush hour traffic accidents or "watch for" and I wanted to make sure my family wasn't one of the break in notices.

Joy, good luck with finding a sun ripe cantaloupe. I outsmarted myself with the last watermelon, thought it ripe but to play safe, left it a couple days before cutting. Bad ... was drying out with big crevices inside. I don't think any are local grown around here. One reason I love going to CO in the fall, they grow everything out there & lots of stands along the highway. I just "fried" me a skillet of French sliced green beans (GrGiant)... I put a pat of butter in a skillet & use half or whole chopped onion, saute until they glow & drain about half the water off the can of beans & cook them down until liquid gone. I used to love it with bites of ham but think the flavor of the butter wins. I use a lot of real butter.

Back to work, I'm going to wash one load of clothes even though it is mid day..... can't keep up with only washing in evening hours, I run out of steam.

CallieOK

Shirley,  :bow: Glad to be of service! :lol:

Great idea for the green beans.  Son brought some with my dinner but they were "crisp cooked" and too raw for my taste or digestive system. I saved them and doing them in the skillet sounds almost like the fried green beans I always order at a local restaurant.  Of course, theirs are "breaded" but I'm not going to try that.

Not only do I now have a hearing problem but I'm also on drops to control eye pressure. There's a history of glaucoma in my family and eye doctor is concerned about my measurement.  One grandmother was both legally deaf and legally blind - but the eye issue was supposed to have been because, as a young girl, she put bella donna drops in her eyes to "make them sparkle".  ;)  I don't have that "excuse".  ;D

Lloyd Hammond

Denver did you get the snail mail I sent you the other day by Pack and Mail? I thought it was supposed to have a reply thing bot has not came.

Lloyd

JaneS

Hello to all you friends who gathered here today!  I got home from the Chiropractor a little before noon and I loved the ride to and from with my son.  We never seem to have much time alone together and that's an opportunity I'll take any day.

In addition to that, we both felt better on the ride home so it was a win/win situation.  I'd like it if we had time to stop on the way home for lunch but he takes more time off from the store than he thinks he should just to go and I'm glad he does that.

After I got home, I took care of the doggies and had lunch and then did next to nothing for about an hour or so and decided if I was going to be lazy I might as well sleep so I checked and the couch was loaded with zzzzs and I grabbed some.  You wouldn't think that going to a Dr. would wear you out but no matter how good my body feels when she's done working on it, I'm really tired.  She says that's natural because she isn't the one fixing things.  Your body is doing all the work.  She just tells it what to do! 

I'm off to bed now.  I've got all the stuff set out to make a couple batches of jam tomorrow if I have enough jars.  And Mickie needs a bath and on the day she gets a bath, the bed gets changed and the sheets get washed.  I'm not sure of the order of events but that's the plan for tomorrow.

I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy, healthy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Some work got done yesterday and would you believe what didn't get done is still there! I did laundry yesterday, then went over to the neighbours to pick cucumbers. Hers are coming on too fast for her to keep up to and thought I might like some. Ours have yet to come to that point. Today I will make bread and butter pickles with them  and maybe more dills wil have to wait and see.

Last night we had corn on the cob and oh my was it sweet. Wish I had bought more. Tonight will be chicken wings ,corn and baked beans.

Better get a move on here...need to start the pickles.

Take care and enjoy your day everyone...stay safe.
Jimmy Dean

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning AMY and all that follow. Amy you make me tired just reading what you do and hungry also. you know I am on a see food diet and you torture me this way.
have a good day and do not work to hard. dose not Matter your age I will be 83 the 27 th of this month. and have paid my dues, Nancy gets on me for spending so much time in the couch. and haw hard she works. and she dose, but I tell her she is the only one making her do it. we have plenty food available in reach she or i either can get what we want or go to a restraint either. 70º and clear
going for 86º they say for here. see you all later.

Lloyd

phyllis

Another rainy day here and really "soupy" outside with the high humidity.  We had a thunderstorm last night with loud claps right overhead that made me jump a foot each time.  They gave me, and my heart, some exercise.

David will pick up the groceries today.  I'm still having trouble getting paper goods.  I'm running very low on paper towels, napkins, and facial tissue.  Toilet paper is OK for now.  I suppose everyone is feeling the high prices at the grocery store.  Our prices are soaring and even the freezer delivery from Schwan's yesterday the prices have gone up a lot!  I feel so sorry for those larger families and especially some who are still out of work.  A real struggle for many of them.

Take it easy, Everyone.
phyllis
Cary,NC

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfrend!  I've been up and attem since Mickie decided 5:30 would be a good time to get up.  I did sleep a bit better last night...maybe because stuff didn't hurt after my visit with Debra. 

I have jars sterilizing and the jam ready to cook but I'm not turning it on until the jars start to boil.  My plan is for two batches of jam today...one black raspberry and one triple berry.  The berries are all ready to go and so am I right now. So I'll check back later to see how things are going in the Soda Shoppe and maybe indulge in a chocolate soda...my favorite when I was growing up!

Enjoy your day, whatever it brings.

AMY, I wish I had some of those cucumbers.  That would make up my mind about the mustard pickles.  I'm still hedging.  I want to but....do I or am I just a copy cat!

Carol

It is another hot day here and we do need the AC running. I am doing the top sewing of a scrappy quilt.  That is enough for this day. 

Shirley:  I should check out Postum for a coffee flavor - thanks.

Amy:  Will look at Jordon Fabrics, thanks. 

Jane S.  Glad to read your Mickie's leg has improved. 

Jenny:  Yes, our family has made the straight through drives and we did as well.  Mom and I drove straight thru from Seattle to mid Minnesota once - that is where I learned to pass a truck.   :coolsmiley:

Jenny:  Continuing prayers for Michele.  This news is really nice.

I am OK with the neighbors - they just leapt to a conclusion.  Otherwise, we are close to quite a few neighbors so we are OK.    Gotta run. 

JaneS

Just stopped by to see what Everyfriend has been up to all day.  I'm really beat.  Making jam makes a lot of grungy dishes and, while I admire the results of the jam sitting there beaming at me, I wish the dishes didn't take so much energy to clean up!  But I have 18 half pints of jam labeled and ready to give for Christmas gifts ore eat when I feel like it.

Tomorrow, I'm going to clean up the tomatoes that I picked today and make a quick trip to the local Farmers market.  I have a list but if I get everything I have on the list, I'll new two extra days next week to deal with it.  But, again, like Scarlet, I'll think about that tomorrow.

Right now, I'm going to bed and hopefully to sleep the sleep of the righteous!  I think tht would be all night!  I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy healthy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Lloyd Hammond

well It is slow today in S & f and I have not got a answer from Denver or the one I sent the pack and Mail to with the sympathetic card to.well at least i tried and it wont bankrupt us for what we spent for it. have a great night and sweet dreams.

Lloyd

so_P_bubble