Random Image

Rachel with camera

Owner: Jeanne Lee
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:23:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for September 1, 2020

Started by so_P_bubble, September 01, 2020, 01:15:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Hammond

good Night and sweet dreams. see you all tomorrow.

Lloyd

JaneS

I'm all in but my shoestrings tonight and they're coming in faster than you can see them!  I'm going to bed and see if there's any energy to gather while I sleep.  I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy, healthy and worry free tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Rain here this morning , started at 2:39 am. I predict a nap tucked in somewhere today.

Meeting up with friends this morning then later on if it isn't raining too hard we will take the garbage away. After that maybe some sewing if the nap doesn't catch me first.

Lloyd, one of my favourite cake is Pineapple Upside Down cake. Warm from the oven with either whipping cream or vanilla ice cream on it.

Phyllis, I wish CA could have all this rain. We do need it here but not as bad as what they do. I did see where a family's well must have run dry as they were getting ready to punch in another well. Crops are not as good this year either. PEI farmers are going to hurt from lack of water/rain for their potato crop.

Gloria, you snuggled under your covers still??

Better get going..

Enjoy your day everyone..

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Good Morning my friends!  We got up in the dark this morning to 56º!  I do believe Fall is on the way!  The high is only supposed to be 76 degrees! 

I slept better last night without Cooper in my bed and without Mickie trying to avoid him as he shuffled about.  I've decided that I have enough tomatoes to make the salsa and that's on the agenda for today.  I've also decided that I'm going to pick all the little green tomatoes that won't have time to grow up and turn red.  I'll make them into green tomato jam.  And some of the bigger ones will become fried green tomatoes.  Can't let them go to waste so I'll send them to MY waist!

The boinger just went off and since it's supposed to rain sometime today, I'll go get us some breakfast so we can get a walk in before the rains come.

I wish you all a lovely day!
Make it your own in every way!
And don't forget to share it with your friends in the Soda Shoppe! We miss you!

roley

G'morning All.Back to our 'Armchair Walks' again.I hope Gloria, Amy, and Shirley, Jane S all  and others like this one, this is a walk into the 'OLD VILLAGE of PORTSLADE'(WHERE I LIVE), unfortunately, just out of shot of all the filming !, the oldest cottage dates from the 1400S, and would have been (in those days) thatched,not tiled as they are now, the village today is a mixture of 'ancient' and modern buildings and cost an 'Arm and a Leg' to buy !.

Cheerio.  Roley.
CLIK HERE.

Gloria

Good morning everyone, a nice 53 now and only into the low 70's later. Ahh nice breathable weather. Low humidity sure is great again.
Had a surprise yesterday, #1 son called ans asked if I wanted top go get an iPhone  and I jumped at it. I have been without a cell phone about a year now and with Cox when they are off even the landline is off and I do not feel comfortable with no way to get in touch with anyone. I always had a a flip phone so this will take some getting used to. I also have it on Tracfone. Big difference in their price and the others. Shirley is the one who talked about Tracfone  and that is what I used before with the flipphone.

AMY  I am with you about fall. Always been my favorite time of the year and I still like winter better than summer.  I am waiting now for my son to pick apples. I am longing for a taste of a just pick Mac, juicy and tart and crunchy, mmmmm.

LLOYD  we have some trees starting to turn here and I am hoping my #1 son remembers how much I love riding around and looking at the colors. Glad you have the help now, you and Nancy deserve a break.

PHYLLIS  wonderful how David takes care of you. I am so glad to yave Yvette here 5 days a week, she sure is spoiling me. Keeps telling me to gosit and I tell her I have to do something and move around to keep this old body moving.

AMY  no I am wide awake and been up almost 2 hours already. I am very slow typing and reading these days and of course I took time our for my 2 mugs of coffee. Will go make my breakfast oatmeal soon.

JANE  my son  who gave me all those tomatoes told me he has a lot of green ones to pick before a killing frost hits them. My Mom used to make a green tomato pickalilly and it was soo good.

PETER  wonderful, looks pretty modern in some places but I love seeing the old houses and the old churches. Thank you once again for the walk. Enjoyed it and seeing how green every thing is there.

Have a good day and stay safe.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. it is 57º and mostly sunny calling for 72 for the high here today.Hope you all have a great day just like you like it.

LLOYD

Lloyd Hammond

Gloria Good morning, I had a hard time getting to sleep but after I went to sleep. slept good and just woke up at 7:30 c s t. except for the ache in my shoulders I feel good. see you all later.

Lloyd

Shirley

Peter, I will take the walk as soon as I post... sounds like how I found Marlow 60-65 years ago, loved the thatched roof houses. Memories... thank you!

Gloria, when my neighbor gave me the pint of pickalilly my head recognized immediately it was the same recipe my mother had made when I was little. My mouth is watering.... I actually made it twice and threw away both times because I didn't trust my canning. We ate what I thought safely kept in the frig, and I would love to have it again. No way to cook little enough to eat fast enough without canning. If you don't still have your recipe for your son, I will dig through my box to see if I still have it, if you want. My son-in-law's mother & father lived for a few years about 50 miles from where I grew up, when I made a cheese cake he recognized the flavor immediately so I try to have it now & then when they are here, just to give him that memory. His parents are both dead. The cheese cake & piccalilli (oops, spell check changed it)... and 2  other recipes (chocolate cake with cup of boiling water mixed in right before putting in the oven, and that coleslaw... seemed to be darn near "international".

By the way, I still use Tracfone service & have since 1998. I loved the flip phones best but the kids thought I should advance to the cell that does everything, after Cas died.... Had an android first, Alcatel, never cared much for it so couple years later bought the iPhone, supposed to be more "user friendly".  NOT hardly. I can text when on the road/camped, but still don't like to leave it on all the time because it is dead when I need it!  I do keep it on when traveling & charge all night when camped. I just buy a year of time & minutes & have so many stacked up I could talk for a long time without running out! I have the time/text/data plan & generally find it for about $100. per year. Had to use lots of minutes because Cox was out so much, & I did gripe to Cox about "wasting my Tracfone minutes to call them (Cox)". It is nice to have & call one of my 3 every night when camping, they report to the others. I also have it set up to text all 3 at the same time... usually with a photo of where I am.

The house across the street is for sale, having Open House today & I'd like to have a look to get an idea when MINE goes on the market, about what to expect. Only thing similar is probably built within a few years of same. Houses are all totally different, built in mid '60s and do believe a lot better built than any time since. I'm going to stay here as long as possible, love the river & this is home for the cats.

Tomereader1

Yes, ladies.  I have a TracFone.  My 4th one actually.  Initially had one that was a 2G, and they replaced it free for me, since everything went to3G.  I bought an Alcatel from them, which I didn't like either.  I got the Android, Samsung J7, which I have loved.  Only thing is battery needs charging at least twice a day. I can text, shop, make calls, all for about $100 a year.  I sure wouldn't like a phone that costs $40, $50 or more each Month.  Can't afford that.  I still have my hubby's old flip-phone which still has minutes on it.  He didn't make many calls on it.  Had he lived, he never would have managed to learn an Iphone or Android.

Lloyd Hammond

Good night and sweet dreams. we just got home I took Nancy out for dinner and did a bit of shopping.

Lloyd

JaneS

Hello My Good Friends!  Today was a very busy day but I mostly can't tell you what I was busy doing.  One thing led to another and a lot of stuff got done.  I cooked another batch of meat for veggie soup and it's in the fridge waiting to be cut up and frozen until ready.

I also started the salsa but I'm really disappointed in the tomatoes this year.  They look nice on the outside but they have a lot of fibre in them.  My son thinks the drought interfered with their ripening but I was out there every evening watering them and I know they got plenty of water because my water bill was up by $10. a month.  Doesn't sound like much of a saving to plant the tomatoes, does it? I'm going make it half and half with cans of tomatoes and home grown.  Maybe they won't notice!

I also packed up pork chops for the freezer and cooked 2 with baked sweet potatoes for supper.  I have supper ready for tomorrow too.

There's chicken in the crock pot for dog food that will be done tomorrow morning and ready to be ground up. Might have enough for some chicken salad too.

Cathy texted to see if I was home and then stopped over for a visit.  We talked or about an hour and a half about anything and everything!  We even settled the election.  We agreed on how it should go!  I don't talk politics with many people but she and I usually agree on most things.

Now, I'm heading for the haystack and some down time!  I'm ready!  I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy, healthy, lovely weather day tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

roley

G'Day all. Another armchair walk, mostly on flat and even ground !,i hope Gloria will find this walk easier ?,the reason i have included this walk is because it shows another link to America's history, the foundry where the 'Liberty Bell' was cast, unfortunately from the outside but it still may be of interest to some?,it comes up almost at the end of the walk, i hope you will enjoy this one.
                                  Cheerio.  Roley.
Click Here...

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Woke to no rain!! Think it will be a good day to get some more outside work done. Yesterday I did manage to find the nap ,then the phone rang and woke me.

Jane, you had a busy day! Hope today will be a little easier for you. Tomatoes didn't  do all that great here either. First time we had blossom end rot. Some tomatoes were bigger than  my hand and we did get to eat some of it. Any one you talk to hear says the same thing about their garden but always say........better next year. Hope that is true.

This is the last day for pills for Babe,if her allergies persists I can start them back up again. Gave her a pill in bread and peanut butter.....spits it out. Tried a piece of chicken...spits it out. Next was a weiner...spits it out. Wrapped into a ball in a slice of cheese.......YAY...works for now. A challenge and a game all wrapping in early morning feedings.

Better get ready for the day.

Enjoy your day everyone...stay safe.

Roley, you tippy toed in on me...oh I am going to enjoy this walk as I love to explore markets!! Thank you so much!
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

I got up around 6:30 to 63º with a high of only 73 predicted but it's supposed to be sunny.  Maybe the sun will coax some more of the tomatoes to ripen.

My plan for today is to finish all the stuff that got started yesterday and then to clean the fridge.  Frankie is off today and she's planning a visit so that will cause me to sit down some time during an otherwise busy day.

ROLEY, I'm looking forward to your new walk.  I love things that connect the US with England and I'm looking forward to seeing where the Liberty Bell came from.  I've seen the Liberty Bell on three different trips to Philadelphia....1 with my family and 2 with my Girl Scout troop.  In fact, when I took the Girl Scouts there, we stayed in a church that was just a "hop, skip and a jump" from the current location of the Liberty Bell.  A group of 4 girls aged about 13 reported each time they visited it.  I think they registered 14 visits.

Now it's time for the boinger and after breakfast, a walk and then GET BUSY, JANE!!!

I wish you all a lovely day! 
Make it your own in every way!

And don't forget to share it with your friends in the Soda Shoppe.  We miss you when you don't join us!

JaneS

Lloyd Hammond

good Morning everyone. 56º and sunny here calling for high of 77 today, hope you are all having good weather just like you like it. hope you all are feeling in good health and spirits. I will check back again to see if anyone has showed up looks empty here now.

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

well looks Like I was blind in one eye or my computer is not doing it's job , i made a post hit post and it said there were there ahead of me. peter and two beautiful ladies. for give me I will try to slow down and do better.

Lloyd

Amy

Jimmy Dean

roley

Amy.  Brilliant, thankyou for posting that. the following films too !,enjoyed them all. :) , :thumbup: ..

Cheers.  Roley.

Shirley

Okay, I've "sat me down" and watched both shows so time to get moving again!  Peter, I loved the street markets in Marlow on Thursdays. Never knew what you would find, someone told me they "were vendors from London and some might even have stolen merchandise!"  I bought enough Harris tweed to make myself a coat & my little girs a skirt and coat to match. Maybe that came from the street market in High Wycombe. I gave the coat to my mother when we got back from England, she loved that fabric & kept the coat for years. My little girl was wearing her coat & skirt the year we got back and I saved it until she had a little girl. I looked up Harris Tweed on Google & they still have the same pattern/fabric I bought nearly 65 years ago! Thanks for the memories. I did not see when that video was made, do they still have the open markets?

Amy, I was sure we were watching a brother & sister playing in the water and the brother was teasing his sister until she perked up & took a nip at him. Mama looked calm about their antics! They sure grow into huge animals, don't they?  Saw one fairly close as we entered Yallowstone Nat'l Park but thought since it was so close we would see them everywhere so did not bother to take a picture (back before digitals)... was the ONLY one we saw close enough the whole trip!  Loved the video, thanks!

JaneS

SHIRLEY, whenever we went West with the Girl Scouts, I thought it was necessary for them to see Yellowstone.  We spent the best part of 3 days there and stayed 2 nights in cabins.  On one of the trips, one of the girls started way east of Yellowstone saying that she needed to see a bear close enough to take a picture.  And she repeated it whenever anyone mentioned Yellowstone or regularly after we got there.  We were on our way out on our last day there and she was almost in tears because we had not seen a bear.  Then our driver said, "I wonder why traffic is moving so slowly?  Now everyone is stopping!"  Then I saw what they were stopping for and I said, "Amy, get out your camera.  There's a bear begging at car windows! 

So we all had pictures but it was sure hard to keep Amy inside the van!

Shirley

Be still my heart, Jane! What a dream for that little girl! We didn't see bears but many warnings to watch for them. We had a Coleman camper & think stayed only 2 nights & the one full day. I kept hopping out of the camper to run & take photos. Actually, we stayed at a campground across from the Tetons (Jenny Lake) & Yellowstone all together trip. Wonderful sights. Poor Cas, he hated trips & being gone from home & especially camping, but since I went to Colorado without him, I think he knew I'd find a way to go. My inheritance when parents died pretty much paid for the Rialta, we crossed the country a few times in it before he decided he'd rather be home playing golf. I was earning enough with my paintings to pay expenses so we made it work, no more long trips without him, just CO & MO.

JaneS

I had a very productive day today.  Got the meat ready and frozen in broth for the veggie soup, cooked chicken and chopped for dog food, and I have 14 small jars of homemade Salsa sitting on the kitchen counter waiting to be labeled and put away.

Also, Frankie showed up just in time for supper and we had spaghetti with meatballs from last winter's stash for supper.  She stayed until about 8:30 and we had a great visit!

I hope I'm not making too much "stuff".  Cathy said she told her husband that I'm getting ready for the Apocalypse and he said, "Good! Then we know where to go when it gets here!"

Mickie also had her regular number of walks...2 long, 2 medium and 2 around the yard a couple times.

Someone mentioned pickalli/piccalilli today and I looked it up.  I think I'm going to try that with some of my green tomatoes.  I found a recipe that I think I'll like!

I hope you all enjoyed your day as much as I did mine!  I'm tired enough for 2 people and I hope that other one finds her own place to sleep because I'm heading for my bed and I don't feel like sharing it with anyone but Mickie. 

I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy, healthy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Denver

We are home from Arizona safe and sound. 

The first day was going great and we were moving along great UNTIL WE WERE NOT.  There was a 2 1/2 hour back up on I 40.  By the time we sat through that we both we much too spent to make the drive on to Santa Fe, so spent the night in Albuquerque.  When we got ready to leave Bob could not get his iPhone to boot up.  He worked on it and worked on it and it would only show the Apple sight and that is it.  When we got home I came in and Smokey was so very happy to see us.  Brought in a few things then sat down in my recliner to get some kitty love and fell asleep for nearly 3 hours.  Guess I was tired huh? 

Bob tried two different places today to see if he could get his phone up and running to no avail.  The Apple Store said the logic circuit board is fried!  GREAT! He is trying to get his old phone up and running, but it is not yet! 

It is always good to be home, but I have to admit this whole ordeal over the home we hoped to buy falling through nearly did me in.  I would have been so happy with that place.....

We are watching the Broncos/Titians Game and I can hardly keep my eyes open.

Pleasant dreams to all.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

so_P_bubble