Random Image

JeanneP Daffodils

Owner: so_P_bubble
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:52:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for September 1, 2020

Started by so_P_bubble, September 01, 2020, 01:15:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Hammond

It done it so will be around to Love and tease you all again regular.

Lloyd

Amy

I do believe the days/hours have wheels on them for they slide by fast!!! Managed to get the dogs chicken cooked and put into containers for meals for them. Made bread and not much else was done...other than talk with my neighbour over the fence for a bit :)

Jenny, I was so happy to hear your Dad is enjoying your company and delicious food that you took him. He has a good appetite and that too is a blessing. They say  when one door closes another opens and it is usually a better one..so while there you and Bob can scout around for that special door.

Jane, just so you know. I just came in from tucking all the crooked necks in..no I didn't kiss them good night but covered them up for the night. Weather lady said we may have frost tonight..no fire on in the house  but it wouldn't surprise me if Kyle puts one on in the morning..

Lloyd, you had better be around or we ladies will come a looking for you!! Say hello to Nancy for me please.

Going to put my feet up now.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Lloyd Hammond

hello everyone. well Nichole got me fixed again, I will try to not mess up to soon again. I sure love having them here with us, Nancy and I both agree on that. just want to try not be to much bother to her. love all of them, and they all are willing to help and are a good help. the two year old one is easy to spoil. he is very smart for a two year old. and already has quite of a vocabulary. some time he will reach up and take you by one finger and lead you where he wants to go,and sometimes hold both hands straight up in the air ans say up; some times he will come ask to be picked up on your lap;we watch grisly Adams, and he will say find the bare or Ben. that is Adams bare's name.
good story on the story of Grisly Adams.see you Later.

Lloyd

JaneS

Well, another day has come to an end! I got a lot done today but it doesn't show.   And I'm ready for an end to this one too.  Soooooo...

I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy, healthy, computer working tomorrow!  And may God bless us, every one!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Lloyd Hammond

not sure what is going on. so I say good night and sweet dreams. Hope to see you all tomorrow,

Lloyd

roley

G'morning all.This time just a short 'Armchair walk'
This is small farm near to us,i thought it might be of interest to Lloyd (Who has PC problems)or anyone else who has a small farm and some of the problems a small farmer has to face, this is in 'Steyning' a small village near to us,just inland from the South Coast in the county of Sussex, hope you enjoy this one.
                                Cheerio. Roley.
part 1
part 2

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  It's already 70º this morning but will only reach 80 for the day.

Roley, I enjoyed the walk with the cows!  It was different from most of your walks and very interesting!

We're just waiting for the boinger for breakfast.  We had another good night and I'm looking for another good day!  I have two new bookcases set up and waiting for filling and I need to get the boxes ready for the recycling.  My car is already loaded and ready to go!  But I want to get the cardboard in there for tomorrow morning.

I wish you all a lovely day!
Make it your own in every way!
And don't forget to share it with your friends in the Soda Shoppe!  We miss you when we don't "see" you!

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Geese raising a ruckus last night and then crows hollering for food this morning. Have no idea of why the geese were restless.

Another overcast morning here and I was right Kyle did put a wee fire on. We are going in town for a few things then home to clean up/out the garden.

Roley, love the Dexters. So much like the Black Angus I had for a 4H calf.

Better get a move

Enjoy your day everyone..stay safe
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Gloria

Good morning everyone, it is a wonderful 62 and not to get out of the 60's today. Wonder if Yvette would like to go outside today, would be nice to get some fresh cool air.

JENNY  looks like seeing you perked your Dad up. Sorry the place you were thinking of buying did not work out. At least you did not get burned in the deal and found out in time.

LLOYD  you know we always look forword to your posts.

AMY  darn computers, seems like once they act up you spend $$ on them to get worked on and they always act up again. I am gla my grandson can work on mine when it messes up. (of course I do not make the mess ;)

JANE  I hope you slept good again last night, I sure did.

PETER  as usual I will check your
walks after I post this.

AMY  gee I wonder just why the geese are noisy, getting anxious to travel perhaps? They want to head north to colder climates of course. ;D ;D :2funny:

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Gloria

PETER  beautiful animals and so big. I enjoyed borh of the "walks". Thank you.

JaneS

HELLO-o-o-o-o-o-o!!!  I think there's and echo in here!  Where is everybody?

I have a pot roast cooking with potatoes, carrots and onions for supper if anyone wants to join me!  All the left over meat will go to the makings for veggie soup to can!

Shirley

Roley, I loved the first video but turned off the 2nd one as soon as I realized (almost teared up with Frances). I know this is life, that my cats hunt critters and eat and the hawk that flies over my house would love to make one of the cats a meal.... don't be offended that I couldn't watch it, much as I respect farmers, I couldn't be one, all the animals would have to die of old age!

This has been a very busy day for me. I am declaring myself a saint for not killing a cat. Yes, Saint Shirley.... patron saint of cats.... Tom has been looking so thin lately and I've thought of any way to have him checked by a vet, but instead am letting him just live as long as he isn't in pain. He eats all the time, finishes up anything Tiger or Callie don't eat. BUT, he has not been good about using the litter boxes sitting all over the house. I caught him leaving a puddle a couple different times over the years, where he knew was not the right place because he would run if I yelled when caught him in action. This morning I caught him at the front door, wasn't sure if just sitting there so took off my shoe & tested the carpet... it was WET! 

Since it is a 35 year old Oriental carpet that has been at the front door of the last 2 houses we owned, it has history. It fits the entrance perfectly and too expensive to toss... so I rolled it up (4'x6') & took out to the back yard, put on the grass upside down to wash the back side & then cleaned with carpet cleaner over & over, the front side. Let me tell you, a wet carpet weighs a ton to "flip" over and worse to try to hang over the pool fence to dry. Then I washed the pad under and scrubbed the black slate floor & whole entrance hall that extends to the kitchen one way & bedrooms the other. I am weary, anyone that knows me knows I've done everything possible for these cats since Cas died. (Yes, I know I'm whining...)

I've provided them with a larger RV so they can travel with me instead of going hungry, turned the house over to them & spend most of my time either feeding or cleaning litter boxes, this is the last straw.

Tom is a loving cat, hums (purrs) & rubs his head on my feet any time we are in the same room. But he is the one that throws up at the thought of going into the RV, not the ride but idea, threw up before I put the cage in the door & time before, threw up before I started the engine. Every trip I spend a lot of time cleaning up the floor or taking covers off the bed to "bag up & wash when we get home". I searched for a year to find the RV with a wooden door to the bedroom to close so the cats don't have to be in a cage when I must stop & open a door. I still feel bad that old LaurenKat got out a few years ago & was terrified of all the people in the campground. She was 18 years old, very old for a feral cat.

I'm sure she didn't live long but would not have this guilty feeling the rest of my life if she turned up missing here, at home. The truth is, I have to either be crazy or a saint, saint sounds better. End of tale......a nap should fix me up. I am worn down and Tom is at my feet without a care in the world! He has forgiven me for yelling at him.  :-[

Oh, Jane, my favorite all time meal!  If only we lived closer.

Lloyd Hammond

well my grand daughter got it where i can post .hope I do not mess it up again, at least I go back and re read. may want to reply to some of your post's. we have had rain (light) all day. think we have had at least 2 1/2", more If Nancy has dumped it. good night and sweet dreams.

Lloyd

Denver

We will never forget 9/11/01 as long as we live.  I would give anything IF Americans would come forth and show how much they love their country the way they did on the day that horrendous catastrophe happened.  The patriotism was a sight to see....America Flags flying everywhere and Candles burning in windows.  🇺🇸🇺🇸 GOD BLESS AMERICA 🇺🇸🇺🇸

We enjoyed another wonderful day with my Dad.  He said over and over and showed us how much he enjoyed our visit.  He is so thin and tiny....he has no appetite at all and does not care to at, BUT he sure ate for us.  Diane could not believe her eyes. 

We are heading back to Colorado tomorrow.  I would love to stay longer but we have to get home and get our blood work done for our yearly physicals soon. 

AMY, I firmly believe your thought about one door closing then another one opens.  We had so many red flags on this possible purchase and it just was not meant to be😢😩

GLORIA, my Dad really perked up and it was so good to see him and be able to spend some quality time with him. 

JANE, I would have been so happy to join you for that delicious meal you have prepared😘

I have a few more things to pack so best sight off for now.

Pleasant dreams to all.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

JaneS

I'm going to try to sleep now.  Cooper is spending the night here and he's not easy to sleep with.  I have a lot to do tomorrow so I hope I get some sleep tonight.  You would have all been welcome for dinner if you could have come.  it turned out delicious.  I did it in my electric fry pan and it was the perfect size.  I didn't have to keep checking on it....but I did anyway.  Now I have two containers of meat and broth for the veggie soup and leftover potatoes and carrots to eat tomorrow.

Now I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy, healthy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Lloyd Hammond

I Made a good size post ready to post it and it went away to La La Land. so to re cap some of it. I said I slept pretty good feel Farley rested. my computer seams to be working good. Hope you all are having a good start to your day, also

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

it is working correctly.it posted and I have a reply box.

Lloyd

Gloria

Good morning everyone, a wonderful  54 now. Did not need the AC yesterday, just some nice fresh air coming in.
Nothing new here, same ole thing day in and day out. I am in a rut, a day away from here would be so welcome. If I could still drive and have a car I could at least go for a ride. Will not be long now before the trees are in their fall colors. That is when I like riding in the country.

JANE your roast beef made my mouth water, one of my favorite meals but I like mashed potatoes and lots of home made gravy to go with it. Of course with a salad and more veggies.

SHIRLEY  that will teach you not to adopt more feral cats. Then you would be lonesome without the cats to look after.

LLOYD  glad you have a granddaughter to keep you computer running good.

JENNY  it was great to see our flag in front of so many homes after 9/11 but now I notice even on the Fourth of July not many flags showing. Sad. Glad you have perked your Dad up while there.

AMY  beat you today!!

Have a good day and stay safe and healthy.

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Fog cutters will be out this morning,tis that thick! :2funny:
Yesterday was  a god one for getting a lot accomplished, garden. picked the beets and canned them and did 3 loads of laundry. Today we will take all the garbage away and pick up more lumber. Kyle has another idea on building a trug and is trying a new design out.

Gloria, yes you did and I would have loved to stay in bed longer but body clock said get up! Some of our trees are getting their fall colours. I think I love fall most of all, the temperature is livable.

Jenny, your visit was the best medicine for your Dad.I hope when the other door opens you find a place close to your Dad and can spend quality time with him.

Better git.......time seems to rush when I don't want it to.

Enjoy your day everyone...stay safe.
Jimmy Dean

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning AMY I started off good and my post went to LaLa land. it is raining very light here in Mo. this morning

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

My post box was working the not now seams to be again now, Have a great day.hope it dose not dump me again.

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

Amy Is it time for trees to turn up there? or is mother Nature messing with you

Lloyd

Amy

Lloyd, yes .Some of the trees are turning...sugar maples for one. Soon  the forest will be a vibrant plaid in colour.
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  It was 54º when we got up this morning!  And it's only heading for a high of 73!  The temps are definitely changing!

I never sleep very well with Cooper in our bed!  He doesn't sleep like Annie did.  He's all over the place and when he moves, Mickie moves and then I move.  I'm sure glad he doesn't stay without Frankie very often!

We're just waiting for the boinger and then breakfast and two doggie walks.  Then my day takes off.  First the recycle center, then the grocery store for some specials, then home to peel and cut up tomatoes for salsa.  And, if my energy hold out, can the salsa. 

I hope you all have a lovely day!
Make it your own in every way!
And don't forget to share it with your friends in the Soda Shoppe!  Me miss you when you're not here!

Where's ROSEMARY? and TOMEREADER?

Lloyd Hammond

Gloria I missed you a bit ago, sorry I never met to slight you. some times I can not chew gum and walk at the same time, and we are both glad to have have grand daughter and family with us. lot more help and pleasure than bother. the 2 year old one is right on the spot and makes Shure you know it. they are all willing to and do help. the two year old some times sets on my lap and we watch grisly Adams, he says get the bare (Ben) he is sharp as a tack.

Lloyd

phyllis

We've had nothing but rain so there isn't much to write about.  I'm here and doing OK.  I'm reading a lot and sleeping more than I would like but there isn't much else to do. 

David got all of the food orders taken care of yesterday so we aren't going to go hungry for a few days.   I felt guilty last night because after getting and storing all of the food we had ordered I didn't feel well last night so he ended up opening a can of tomato soup and fixing that for our dinner.  He takes good care of me and I am grateful to have him here.

I hope everyone is safe and well.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Lloyd Hammond

well you all are a Lazy bunch or my computer has went on the flutes again. rain Has gone and is 74º Now @2:30 PM.

Lloyd

Amy

Another day coming to an end.......nice and cool. Laundry blew out nice on the line and all put away for now. Have a  few different birds pecking at  the Mountain Ash berries. Between the Mountain Ash and the Flowering crab tree there is always something for them to eat.

Lloyd, lazy?? If we are not here it is because we have work to do ,friends to talk with and life to enjoy .  :coolsmiley:
Jimmy Dean

Lloyd Hammond

well checking in to see if anyone has posted since I last checked,

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

Amy I got your attention any way. Nancy and I made another pineapple upside down cake. I did the blinding of the brown sugar and butter and put the layer of English walnuts and diced up the Pineapple and put it in and and Nancy mixed up from scratch the cake Batter. I have to go test it, Nancy already did, she said it was very good. see you all later,

Lloyd