Random Image

memory.jpg

Owner: Jeanne Lee
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:31:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for September 1, 2020

Started by so_P_bubble, September 01, 2020, 01:15:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phyllis

We had a wonderful couple of days with lower temps. and lower humidity but now the temps. are going up again and the humidity is back.  Another tropical storm, or two, forming in the Atlantic and headed this way.  Business as usual, I guess.

I'm trying to find a place close by to get the oil changed on my car.  The place that was so conveniennt for me and that I went to for many years folded and moved many miles away to the next town.  I wish things wouldn't change.

Household laundry today so must get my breakfast and get busy.
phyllis
Cary,NC

JaneS

PHYLLIS, if things never changed, would any of us be here to notice?

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

CallieOK

Good Morning,

Quiet weekend since family was scattered hither and yon.   Have been out and about this morning - taking care of errands before the "blue norther" (according to weather gurus) blows in.  Tomorrow is supposed to be a "raw day with rain and record setting wind chills in the 30's".

If I weren't already "hunkered down" 99 99/100% of the time, I'd be looking forward to a day of doing so.

Thank goodness for e-books, Solitaire games on Tablet and various writing projects to work on.

Wishing Everyfriend Everywhere an Enjoyable Day.

Shirley

Put out a hook & catch me if I fly by, Callie!  It is comfortable cool today. I got busy & cut down the cane stalks. Birds planted it a few years ago & it grows monster tall. I tried killing it off, as well as the yucca plant it grows in (at the corner of driveway & sidewalk to the front door), but no luck getting rid of it. Filled up the empty dumpster & another large barrel. Wore me out. Thought about taking the weed whip down to the river to clean off weeds growing so fast, but sanity showed up and I stopped to eat & wait for the mowers to arrive. I'm getting sleepy now, full tummy & good work out for an old lady. Love the cooler temps so will smile in my sleep. No rain on the radar but wind blowing like crazy & hazy out. Take care. Shirley

CallieOK

Supposed to be pouring rain tomorrow so I'll :hello:  as you go over, Shirley.  ;D

Miss Emily's Dad is heading for KC tomorrow - to be her very last "required" adjustment in the Clinic - #200.  Mom was going, too but one of the doggies is sick and they decided someone needed to stay home with him.

Emily will stay a couple more weeks to wind things up and will then move home to begin an internship (they call it "Preceptor") with a chiropractor in Midwest City for the rest of the trimester. This chiropractor specializes in pre-natal and pediatric chiro. and Emily is very interested in these fields.
Graduation in December!!!!  :clap:  :cheer:  :woohoo:

Shirley

I just got back in after locking gates when the mowers left. Burrrr... wind makes that 52°  feel downright chilly after the 100° yesterday! Mother Nature is slipping gears this year!

Special hugs for Emily, tell her I had an "adjustment" right before Andy was born & do think it was the main reason he survived. No sonogram back then but think the adjustment helped loosen the cord around his neck a bit. Touch & go for more than a week. I'm sure she will be a blessing to every patient that comes her way.

Need a nap, should do more laundry but nothing that can't wait.  :-\   Loving this weather!!!

Lloyd Hammond

well we are going to try again and good night and sweet dreams.

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

well it letme post this time hope she got it fixed this time

Lloyd Hammond

well it is time for me to take my shot and evening pills. hope to see you all tomorrow. good night and sweet dreams.

Lloyd

JaneS

It's been a very strange day!  I had no real plans but things kept cropping up and I dealt with them.  I finished a lot of things that have be hollering for attention but not much that was on my list.  Tomorrow I'll have to attack the list.

CALLIE, it sounds like Miss Emily is just making her mark!  She knew what she wanted and she's getting it done.  My congratulations and best wishes to her.  I know she'll make it...and she'll make her mark, too!

LLOYD, keep trying!  We miss you when you're not here!

I hope JOY is missing because she's spending the holiday weekend with her family.  Maybe she'll be back tomorrow.

I'm off to Dreamland!  I plan to sleep well and get up refreshed because part of what I have to do tomorrow involves outside errands and they tend to wear me out. 

I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy, healthy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one.

so_P_bubble

I am back! Computer is repaired and running smoothly. It was the motherboard that died, probably from the dust accumulating in too much humidity. We had between 70 to 80% humidity the last two months.
I really felt how addicted I was, when I couldn't get here all these days!

Health-wise. I still feel weak, but hope that when the weather will freshen up I'll get more energy. These 30+C temperatures are wearing me out.

I hope you did not miss me  ;) and thanks Amy for advising I  would be missing.

Amy

Good morning everyone..

We are off and running early tis morning. A trip to Costco to stock up for winter, meet the kids and then home again. Weather is  cool enough hat we are taking the dogs with us.

Bubble you were missed...and thankful you are now back. Happy to see your computer was fixed and you are on the mend. Take things slow and don't try to do everything. It can wait till you have all your strength and energy back..

Enjoy your day everyone .stay safe.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Gloria

Good morning everyone.  Hooray got right in this morning so the day is starting right. Nothing new around here, just the same old boring life living here. I don't think I could ever get used to this being isolated like we all are in here. Next week on Tuesday we get out flu shots here. They will open the community room and we will be told a time for us to go down for  the shot. Only one at a time in the elevator-by order of the witch-unless you want to use the stairs. I can just see the line waiting for the slow elevaror.
Yesterday was food shopping day and Yvette did a good job with my list, got everything on it. Today is laundry day.

PHYLLIS  there has been several service stations in this town that have closed. I think now there is only one place to get gas for your car.

BUBBLE  great seeing you back again. I sure know what it is like when a computer acts up. We all missed you.

Have a good day and sray safe.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  YAY and HOORAY!  BUBBLE IS BACK!  It's no good hoping we don't miss you.  We always miss you when you're gone!

I slept pretty well last night and I'm ready to do the errands and pay the bills.  Then I'll be all tuckered out...and so will my bank account!

Cooper will be over today so I'll wait to go do the errands until he gets here and then Mickie won't feel so lonely!

Today, my twins turn 60!  It's so hard to believe!  It seems like only yesterday they were babes in arms!  The years have flown by!  Then, tomorrow my "Texan-turned-Okie" turns 61.  Lots of celebrations!  Back in the old days, I used to bake 3 birthday cakes.  I felt that each child deserved his/her favorite on that special day!

The boinger is about to go off so I better say "So Long" for now.  I hope you all have a lovely day.  Make it your own in every way.  And don't forget to share it with your friends in the Soda Shoppe!  We love you and miss you!

Joy

Good morning, Jane and all.

Jane, I am still around.  I thought I had wrote a message yesterday, but couldn't find it. But, I know I was in here.  ??

But, thanks for missing me !!!!

Just really have had nothing interesting to talk about.  I have a hard time trying to think of different things to talk about. I don't have a very interesting life.

It is a little cloudy this morning. Have not heard any weather report yet.  I was up early as I wanted to look up something on the computer and, as usual, got carried away, So, I really need to get some breakfast.  Nothing exciting planned for today. But, I am sure a nap will come along at some point during the day.

Have a good one !!

Joy
BIG BOX

Shirley

Aw, Jane, a special "Happy Birthdays" to all 3 kids. I can imagine the chaos around your house all those years ago, what a joy they could share the excitement! My youngest baby was born in May of 1963. Hard to believe they got so old & my head still thinks I'm younger than that and should still be able to move mountains. Goodness, where did the time go?

Bubble, great to see you back. I have not had a "regular" computer (only laptops) for so many years I can't even remember what the last one was. I'm sending all kinds of sympathy for your extreme heat & humidity. Today I woke up to 47° with spotty rain all over the state but not at my house right now, I am feeling like the world is okay again. At least until I go to the store & have to don that mask! Not quite light but can see the trees are not moving so another big plus if the wind holds off. I am so excited with cooler temps I can't get me in gear to fix my breakfast!

For Pete's sake!!! Kept hearing a roar like mowing equipment so opened the door and it is! The city crew is already on the job mowing the hill behind the houses to the river. I am concerned for their safety since it can be very slick on the hill, especially if we had any rain overnight, and too dark to see if anything (like a gopher hole) could flip their mowers. Instead of using the big mowers like they used to drive, they have 3 or 4 of the smaller types that race along. Not much grass out there because of no rain but expect they want to keep the weeds down so they can keep using the smaller equipment. All the years Cas was alive he mowed the hill, and most other owners along the river did as well. One year the weeds got very tall behind the houses that didn't mow and became a fire hazard for all, so that was when the city took over. Actually, we pay higher property tax to live along the river so we pay for the service in the end.

Better get a move on. Gloria, keep thinking about your elevator situation and that is a real problem, how to get a lot of people down in case of fire. Guess in case of fire nobody would worry about the 6' distance, right?  I'm so jealous of your Yvette but happy you have her company every (almost) day. Who ever thought of that plan came up with a brilliant idea, too bad the rest of the country has not heard about it. I was dwelling on how the states could work up a plan to have younger people "earn" points for such a service later in life. I think we are handing out too much "free" money now so nobody is willing to earn or work. Enough thinking, time to get a move on. A little lighter now & mowers have moved on.

Wishing all a Wonderful Wednesday (thanks to Callie).... ! Good morning, Joy! I thought I saw a post from you somewhere, hummmmm. I don't do anything exciting but manage to talk a lot. hahaha...

phyllis

Good morning.  Dark and dreary here with rain on the way.  That is really a "broken record" for NC weather this year.  The only change is it is a little cooler and I welcome that.

No plans for today.  There are some household chores I should do but can't seem to work up much enthusiasm about doing them.

Take care...stay well, everyone.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Lloyd Hammond

well it said it has fixed it;s self, but it lied I was ready to post and away it went to lala land. it is 57º here and overcast. maybe we are about to start working if i get this posted. Have a good day. I will check back later

Lloyd

JaneS

I decided to go to the bank and the post office before Cooper came and since it was cool enough, I put Mickie in the car and she went with me.  Then I had a brainstorm on the way.  The post office is a block and a half from where Frankie lives so I texted her and said I'd pick up Cooper if that suited her.  It did and I did.  We came home and did a few things and relaxed a bit and the I went by myself to finish the errands.  It took me almost 2 hours and I was beat when I got home. 

Now I'm gonna relax a bit and then cook something for supper.  I haven't decided what yet.

JOY, I'm glad you stopped by.  Doesn't matter what you say.  We just like to "see" you.

Hi, PHYLLIS, SHIRLEY, LLOYD and whoever I missed.  Thanks for birthday greetings for the kids, SHIRLEY and you're right, it was pretty hectic when they were growing up....especially on their birthday weekend.  And since Cathy celebrated her birthday all alone in March, she got a little gift on their birthday.  And then, just so I wasn't playing favorites, they all got a little gift on her birthday!

Now we also have two grandkids with birthdays in September.  And Cindy who isn't one of the twins went out and married a guy whose birthday is the same day as hers.  So we have a total of 6 birthdays in about a two week period in September.

Gotta go get something done around here.  Lots of stuff begging!  I wonder why it can't just do itself or wait patiently!

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Amy

Turned out to be a rainy damp day here. Kyle just put a fire on to chase away the chills. We met up with the kids after shopping at Costco, even found hand wipes there!!
Then we high tailed it home, stopping at Dollarama to pick up socks for my friend. We just got home and in they drove..with their 3 +1 dog . After they left the neighbour went and picked up the generator that was in for repairs for us.
Putting my feet up and doing a lot of nothing now.

Jane, happy birthday to your "young'uns" my how time flies.
You sure did have your hands full!

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Yep, AMY, I did have my hands full but they're sure good to their mom nowadays!

I'm off to Dreamland!  I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy, healthy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Misty morning here with a 52° F temp. Cooking up chicken  for the dogs is on order for today. May get the beets pulled and cooked later on.  Soon we will be putting the gardens to bed (pun intended) for the winter. After everything is pulled and the area cleaned up the 2 trugs will go in..making a total of 4 in that area. Gardening will be so much easier next year.

Phyllis, I really enjoy the cooler weather. One can  work about and not feel so tired. Sleeping is better too.

Shirley have you tried a mixture of Dawn dish soap and vinegar on the plants you want to get rid of? Not harmful to the critters or cats but takes care of unwanted plants.

Jane, I have to ask....did the kids all like the same kind of cake or did each have a special one?

Better get a move on here..

Enjoy your day everyone..

Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I slept better last night than I have in ages and I really feel rested.  Don't know if it's the cooler temps or the hard work that's tiring me out. Whatever it is, I'm happy with it.  Right now, it's 70 and heading for a high of 82.  But it's supposed to start raining around noon and last into the night!

AMY, the cakes were all different!  Cindy and Philip liked the same cake but different icing and of course, the decorations had to be different.  Christy and Cathy liked the same cake but at different times of the year.  And it was the same with the icing.  They were different and the decorations on all the girls cakes had to match their interests.  To tell you the truth, it was fun trying to please them!

Just as I sat down here, the boinger went off for Mickie's breakfast and I want to get her fed and walked before the guy comes to put my bookcases together.  So....

I wish you all a great day!
Make it your own in every way!
And don't forget to share it with your friends in the Soda Shoppe. We love you and we miss you when we don't "see" you!

Joy

Good morning, Amy and all who follow.

It is a very foggy morning here, and a little chilly.  Just wanted to make an appearance before I get myself some breakfast,  I just might go back to bed if the weather remains so dreary.  Nothing planned so far, so I just might do that.

I will try to get back later.  Have a good day and stay safe.

Joy
BIG BOX

Joy

Good morning, Jane.  You sneaked in the door before I saw you coming,  I hope you have a good day.

Joy
BIG BOX

Shirley

I never heard of Dan dishwashing soap, Amy, but will Google to see if like Dawn & copied your remedy to my Word (Work) Pad so I don't forget. Thanks!

Joy, you didn't mention doing anything over the holiday... my family did nothing as a group except we went to the park after church on Sunday, with enough McDonald's to feed the army. Only 3 of the greats but they loved the picnic & getting to play on the new equipment. I was surprised they were allowed to play on equipment since no way it was "sanitized". Maybe the sun is supposed to do that?  Not many others around & Mom & Dad kept the kids sanitized. I did nothing but chase spiders on the back of the house on Labor Day. Yuck!

Jane, you are such a good mother & the kids realize how lucky they were & now is payback time. To me the best pay back is their time spent with me, right?  My kids fav cake was German Chocolate from scratch, with that cooked coconut icing. That was the choice after they got older, when they were in grade school it was cupcakes for the whole class & that was MY choice, a mix! I think the boys outgrew that early.

Phyllis, still one more cool day & temps go back up. I wasn't think when I cut down the cane & filled my dumpster & barrel... have a trash can full from the kitchen & no place to put it. I will go get the barrel with wheels in the pool area, it's about half full & after I clean leaves out of the pool will still have room for my kitchen bag. Trash has to go out tonight to the street & must have a locking lid to keep critters out overnight. The truck used to come by 6:00 am but new driver & never a regular time, just Friday morning! Back to the 80s for the week end but cooler at night, makes me smile! :thumbup:

I got up at 4:00 am with a cat wanting to go out. Think he realized it quit raining & can't take being cooped up all day & night. They went out a few times & sat under a little table to watch the rain, but were not used to the cold. Tiger kept checking the furnace vent she calls hers until I gave up & turned it on. Had a couple Eggos & back to bed, put iPhone on charge & let it download & do an update while I slept. Better go take care of the pool before eating again, seem to need a nap after eating!!!  :-[

Gloria

Good morning everyone. Had some rain overnight, every thing is wet outside, only way I know. A gloomy morning here, no wonder I slept late  for a change. Nothing new around here. Same old thing day in and day out. Still no socializing here and it is like being in lock down in a prison.  Thank goodness I have Yvette here 5 days a week. Glad this state tries  taking care of the elderly population in this tiny state.

Have a good and safe day everyone.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Denver

Good day to EVERYFRIEND from the desert!  We have not had internet here where we are staying, so I have not been able to post.  I have checked in a few times quickly to see if all is well, but I was not logged in and could not post.  Bob helped me this morning and here I am. 

First thing I have to say is it has been great seeing my dad.  Bless his heart, he is so feeble looking that it is heartbreaking, but he has been eating and being so much better when we are with him!  I bought a slice of Lemon Merange Pie and took it to him and he could not wait to eat it, and ate every bite!  It was a very nice large piece....really enough for two people!  He was really smacking his lips!  Sure made me smile.  We got dinner for all at Cracker Barrel and he ate all of his grilled trout and broccoli too, then Hs pie!  Diane was in shock! 

Second bit of news is.....we pulled out of our offer for our place we wanted to buy, and I have to say that I am really heartbroken.  The place is better than we could have ever imagined.  It would have been perfect for us. There were many warning signs, but the last straw is the condo group is in a terrible financial place.  It took a bit of digging on our behalf to get a honest answer, but luckily we did find out in time.  The selling agent has been very unresponsive though out our entire dealings with him.  I feel bad for the lady who is selling.  He has been so unfair to her. 

It has cooled down here and we actually have the doors open and are airing out this place this morning.....it feels wonderful. 

The fires in California are just awful.....absolutely heartbreaking. 

Denver had a bad winter storm pass through Monday night late lasting through yesterday.  Thank goodness it was not as bad as they projected, so the snow did not break as many tree branches as they expected but the low temperature pretty much killed everything off.  Sad for the people waiting to harvest their gardens😩😢

I must run.  I hope you all are doing well. 

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Amy

:tickedoff:  :tickedoff:  :knuppel2:  :knuppel2:  :tickedoff:  :tickedoff:

Bubbles computer is on the fritz again!!! Hope she is back up and running tomorrow..
Jimmy Dean

Lloyd Hammond

Good evening everyone. Looks like the ?thing Nichole ran may have fixed most of the problems.now if it will just go to where i last been. I got along fine with this post if it post's when I click post.

Lloyd