Random Image

AZ MAY 2004 (73).JPG

Owner: donklan
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:00:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for November 1, 2020

Started by so_P_bubble, November 01, 2020, 12:18:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patricia19

Good morning from a beleaguered Interior! Thursday, we were minus thirty while wishing for warmer temperatures. Friday morning saw 18 above with 8" of snow and by evening, 18" of snow. This morning, Saturday, we are thirty above with plus eighteen as a low.

We're asked to stay off the roads as the record-breaking storm continues with another 8 to 10 inches expected through Sunday. Emergency crews and plows are everywhere trying to keep up. This isn't our normal weather, just as the past rainy summer wasn't our normal weather. I'd expect to see this in Buffalo, New York, or Chicago or other Eastern states, not in the Arctic!

I'm not going anywhere!

Lloyd, I'm glad you're back home again and now to hopefully hear some good news from Shirley!

Amy

Patricia, that is a huge snowfall all at once. Road crews will be working night and day! Do you have ice cleats for your boots when walking out in the winter? My Aunt Aud lived in Buffalo and oh my did they ever get the snow!!!
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Sandy

The streets outside my
window  to the world here in the city of
Portland Maine are filling up with people
and cars tooting their horns and cheering....

The weather here is beautiful and
my window are open and right now
today, Portland Maine is celebrating! 

Bless you all
Love Sandy
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

patricia19

Amy, I can't see to go anywhere.

"A Washington cat walks into a shipping container. Over a week and 2,500 miles later, he's in Kenai.

It's a story that could have ended in tragedy. But it didn't, thanks in part to the help of some local businesses and the magic of social media."

https://www.alaskapublic.org/2020/11/06/wandering-washington-cat-winds-up-in-kenai/

Vanilla-Jackie

Sandy...
...sounds like everything is just perfect... :thumbup:
" There is no present like the time "

Sandy

And the beat goes on..

3 and a half hours now
and the commotion goes on.. 

I bought a tent  bed from
amazon and I slept in it last
night

I slept in it like a log
last night.    Cozy!

― Carl Sagan

Denver

A good Saturday evening to EVERYFRIEND.

ONCE AGAIN.....I thank you all for your comforting words of encouragement and the ongoing prayers for Michele🙏🙏🙏

SHIRLEY, continued thoughts and prayers for you.  Sure hope you can check in and let us know how you are progressing.  I sure worry about you being alone AND about you trying to keep up with the chores like taking trash out, etc.  Please know that we all are pulling for you to get through this awful virus🙏🙏🙏

LLOYD, sure happy to see your post and to know you are once again ticking like the proverbial Times Watch🙏🙏🙏

JANE, you are such a well oiled machine that you can even predict the time you will finish your task😘

PATRICIA, what a story you shared about the Kitty Panda. 

Time for me to start some dinner......enjoy the rest of your evening.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Shirley

Day is done........I am ready for bed. Sandy, love your snug-bug.... enclosed like camping does make one sleep sound.  :thumbup:

I declined all food today, have stuffed myself beyond comfortable. Today Andy came over to put the cover on the AC, supposed to end our beautiful weather tomorrow night.  D**n, I slept the whole 2 weeks away.

Andy wouldn't let me follow him around as he worked, he is not taking a chance of another 2 week quarantine from teaching & his grands! He got one job out of my hair I have been dreading.... when we bought the house we discovered under shrubs that were 30 years over grown... 12' 4x4 redwood beams that line the front sidewalk. 60 years later they are totally rotten. They are real readwood & full 4x4 (Lloyd will know why Cas & Andy were impressed with them)... They were painted white so major job to replace. Looks so good without them I am beside myself! He got it all cut to fit the dumpster & another 80-120 gal barrel so will get rid of it next Friday. One more worry taken away!

I am exhausted, nothing to show for my day but absolutely must take a jug of Brita water to my big plant in the living room..... it has leaves on the floor :'(

Had to go for 9v batteries in the RV last night...my battery bag was packed for a trip to MO>.. Could not find the ones I just bought but had a bag of ones taken after being used a few min in Christmas things....... Still had the ladder in the hall, the alarm laying open so I put one of the 2 batteries I brought in... discovered my tester still outside... so to save having to get it down again, I left the alarm laying on the ladder. Sure enough, it was beeping before daylight... :P  :P

Did not have fresh hamburger for the cats meal so thawed out the rib eye steak & gravy I froze last week, baked me a potato & we shared. I am already too sleepy to eat. Cats had their tuna for breakfast & acted hungry about noonish so gave them each another spoon full. They have dishes of dry "Friskie's Indoor Delights" all over the house & garage. Callie prefers the quiet of HER garage.... so I leave one door up about 5" so she can come & go. All's well and I am ready to crawl into any bed to close my eyes. No, I didn't get my bed taken apart... tomorrow has got to have more than 24 hours of GO.

And now I will get ready for bed. I will feed cats the canned Friskies before we are done for the night. I think this is the last night of really nice weather they will have so they may know it and stay out tonight.

Patricia, much as I've always loved snow and Alaska, I am not able to picture coping this year. I am horrified, my life dream and I can't imagine not having a dream.... how sad is that?

Wishing everyone health, happiness and sweet dreams.  Shirley

Amy

Shirley , yes day is done and it sounds like you didn't get much rest. Can you still get beams like that?Can't magine the price of them today.

Patricia,Panda is one lucky cat to be back home again

Yard work didn't  get done but this ok...another day perhaps

Sandy I can see how cozy that would be! Bet they sell a lot of them this year.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Day is done,
Gone the sun,
From the lake,
From the hill,
From the sky,
All is well.
Safely rest.
God is nigh!

I seemed to be busy all day today but I can't see what got done except for a little cleaning up, some bills paid and the doggies loved up.

I guess I'll hit the haystack.  Cooper is spending the night tonight because Frankie has and early day tomorrow.  Didn't make sense for her to come get him and then bring him back early tomorrow.  I hope you are all well or at least better and that tomorrow brings an even better day.  May God bless us, every one.

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Lloyd Hammond

good Night and sweet dreams everyone. I had a easy day. time for pills and shot now. see you all tomorrow.

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. I could not sleep so just got up and had Nancy take the dressing off of the place that they went in to put the new stent in to my heart. I feel tired, so most likely will catch some more zzz's in front of T V. Hope you all have a good day see you all after while.

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning.

Another day of warm weather here starting off with 32 ° with a high of 65°.

Will pick up a few things at the grocery store later when it opens. Line up yesterday was too long to stand and wait. This all depends on IF the van will start as yesterday it didn't want to. Phoned son and he confirmed what I was thinking that the starter is going. Hope I can get it in on Mon to get fixed...we shall see.

Lloyd, hope you catch those zzz's..

Enjoy your day and stay safe..
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

We're up and attem.  The doggies have been out and we're waiting for the boinger.  I have a load of laundry in the washer and another one on the floor waiting.  The bed needed changing. 

Not sure what's on the agenda for today but when I put the laundry in, I noticed hat the detergent was low and I forgot to put it on the shopping list yesterday  Might have to make a foray to the store sometime this week.  Also, Frankie has requested "Moose Farts" so I dug out that recipe and I also have stuff ready for one of my favorite casseroles for supper today. 

Right now, I'm going to hit the showers before the boinger goes.  I hope you all have a special, feel-better, get-well day.  Make it yours in every way.  And don't forget to share it with your friends in the Soda shoppe!

Gloria

Good morning everyone, afer hitting 73 yesterday it is now 35 at 7:30 am.

AMY  one brother insisted she used beef in that soup but I was the last one home and I know what she used because I always watched her. Beef would not have given it the flavor the ham did. Wonder if I can find an old fashioned grinder someplace. Then I could get Yvette to make it. Only thing about her soiling me 5 days a week is that  I am left on my own on week ends. About the only thing I can make is my oatmeal for breafast. Hope you finally got the drops in Jesse's ear.

PATRICIA  now you know how we feel when we get a snow storm that seems like it will never stop.

SHIRLEY  Just because you felt somewhat better yesterday did you have to do so much around the house? Looks like the fever breaking did the job of getting you feeling better.

JANE  a day you are not busy would shock all of us. You, Amy and Shirley are sure busy all the time.

LLOYD  always good to see you every day.

Have a good day eveyone, s tay safe and healthy.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

patricia19

Good morning from a snowy Interior where it's presently 30 above with forecasters saying 100% chance of snow, surprise!  ::)   The local paper says, "Only 2.5 inches of snow fell between December and February last year. This year, 18.2 inches fell the past three days."  We even made a UK paper reporting on Wednesday's snow locally.

Between COVID-19 new cases rising 100 or more per day, a record-smashing rainy summer, and now this record-breaking snowstorm, well, I no longer have a comparison. I won't be making any trips for the foreseeable future as snow is expected thru Wednesday with rain; of course, why not; expected Thursday and Friday.

It's 4:27, and I've been up since two, so no news as yet other than I'll probably crash sometime today. I hope everyone has a better, more productive morning!

Gloria, I certainly know now! I need a good humor infusion.

phyllis

Just a quick word to let you know I'm still here.  Not feeling too perky.  Haven't slept well for the last few nights because of pain down my left leg and having trouble walking.  Probably just arthritis.  It is what it is.

Take care, All.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Vanilla-Jackie

Phyllis...
... my main MS leg and walking problem is my right leg, yours is your left, shall we do a quick swap over, and give that leg a rest... :)
Seriously though, if it is running down the back of your leg, could it be sciatica...

Lloyd Hammond...
... i bet you have borrowed some of Jane S's zzz's, i know she often has a few left to go around...

My lovely Indian friend from down below has just this minute brought me up some more homemade curry, vegetable and rice...she does not eat meat...it is still warm...
Edited...just tasted it, but boy, a little too hot for me, making my eyes water...i think i will give it a miss...and continue with my salads...

Amy

Just read Alex Trebec has passed away. He was the host of Jeopardy for many years. What a beautiful man, gentle ,kind and caring. Not one word of complaint from him with his battle with cancer.
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/entertainment/celebrity/alex-trebek-dies-at-80-see-photos-of-the-beloved-jeopardy-host-through-the-years/ss-BBUtcxx?ocid=msedgntp#image=34
Jimmy Dean

Vanilla-Jackie

UK Sunday Remembrance Day Service held...Jim Reeves version of Dame Vera Lynn's famous song of There'll be Bluebirds over the White Cliffs of Dover...

Sandy

Good Afternoon Everyone. 

I did sleep well last night in my "Bed Tent" ... 

If you are wondering just why I bought
such a thing  (as my daughter wonders),
it is because my apartment in the Winter
gets very cold when the temperatures
outside get down into the 20's or below. 

For all of the positive things
about where I live now (and forever),
the Winter heat problem is my
only real complaint. 

I could solve it by moving, but
I do not want to do that.   (ever)

A corner apartment overlooking the
main street in the city, is very hard
to get,  so I work hard to keep
this one warmer.

Sandy

― Carl Sagan

Denver

It is a beautiful Sunday here in the Mile High City......last day before the temperatures start to drop❄️😤

PATRICIA, you are having a real heat wave today😂😂😂. Above 30 eh?

PHYLLIS, sorry you are feeling under the weather today.  Take it easy and feel better🥰

My Broncos lost today to the Atlanta Falcons😤😤😪

I made a bread pudding today and it is full of liquid!  What did I do wrong?  It cooked plenty long, so I do not think that is the issue. 

SANDY, I did kind of wonder why you bought the tent??  Now I know, and I can certainly understand.  Glad you slept well again last night!

Thank you, JACKIE, for sharing this video.....BEAUTIFUL😍

AMY, sorry to read the vans starter might be going out.  Gurrr, it seems there is ALWAYS something😢

Very sad to hear Alex Trebek passed away this morning.  That man sure put forth the strongest effort to beat his cancer....RIP. you WILL be greatly missed. 

Just heard one of Kate's dancing friends broke her arm at a weekend dance event.....she is headed to emergency surgery😪😩. Always hate to hear this news😱

I must run out to get a few things before I start dinner....

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday, EVERYFRIEND😘

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Amy

Another fantastic day!  I knows these days are numbered but gosh, we will take them while we can. Managed to get sewing done and  just had a great day.

Jenny, if anyone has any reason to complain it is PATRICIA!! I just read her weather report and she is to get snow all this week!! It said this is the first time in decades that Nov has been this cold  and now they are getting 10 " of more snow on top of what they have!! Did you forget your eggs in your pudding?

Jimmy Dean

Lloyd Hammond

Good night and sweet dreams everyone. I am going to bed now and hope I sleep beater than last night. I have a bad cough so plan on going to the sawbones tomorrow.

Lloyd

JaneS

This was a beautiful day in Central PA also!  The temps got into the low 70s and the sun was shining.  I heard lots of Geese today.  I wonder if they already know they should be on the move farther South.  There's a very large pond just beyond the next street and if you listen you can hear they.  They were talking to each other big time today!

PHYLLIS I sure hope you're feeling better by now.  Sleep it off if you can!
SHIRLEY, I hope your illness is on the way out, too.  I forget how long it's been since it started.
JENNY, was it whole milk you used in your bread pudding? Sometimes the 1 or 2% doesn't cook up as it should.

I'm off to the haystack!  And GLORIA, there's been plenty of zzzzzs to go around.  I can share them with LLOYD or anyone else who needs them.  Here you go...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.  And if you're really desperate....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

Good night my friends.  I wish you a peaceful nights sleep and a happy, healthy, feel-better, get-well tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Vanilla-Jackie

6.30 am, and i am up, computer and tv on, mug of tea at my desk...a new week hath started, ready to face another day, wonder what my day has in store for me...
Oh and just put my last weeks empty organic delivery boxes outside my front door, i will await my next arrival of healthy goodies, he usually delivers to me early, but not too early...Thankfully he does bring the boxes up to me, rather than leaving them downstairs in the foyer area..

Amy

Good morning

Another lovely day in the making here. Going to see if I can get the starter replaced on the van this morning. Being short notice  they may not have an opening. Will just wait and see what happens.
Domestic duties  need to be done when I get back home. No refrigerator scramble for supper so maybe a pork loin with apple sauce and scalloped potatoes?? I may cheat and buy store bought pastry for a pie but that too isn't a given. Lot of we'll sees.

Phyliss , like Jane I wish you a grand day today .

Patricia, can you see out our windows ?? That is an awful load of snow  in such a short time.

Gloria, the second hand stores may have them. A lot of people use the  grinders now. I still have the one Mom gave me
 over 50 years ago. I use it when I make green relish.

Better get ready to meet the day.

Enjoy your day and stay safe..
Jimmy Dean

Vanilla-Jackie

Shirley...
... thinking of you, i hope today is a step up on your improvement...

Lloyd Hammond

good Morning everyone. this daylight saving time sucks. I tried to talk to my doctor at VA and no deal. Have to weight until a hour later. Have a good day. it is 63º and sunny going for 75º and partly sunny.

Lloyd

phyllis

Sunny morning and supposed to be in the upper 70's today but rain on the way.  Storm ETA will arrive later this week.

I slept very well last night so today is brighter.  Pain in left leg has lessened so the world looks brighter to me today.  I like your suggestion to swap, Jackie, but only for a little while.  It would give us both a rest for our respective legs but I have to admit I would rather deal with arthritis than with MS.

My first thought when I read too much liquid in your Bread and Butter Pudding, Jenny, was did you remember the eggs.  But, I'm sure you did.  Beyond that I haven't a clue.  Sometimes cooking is an unsolvable mystery.

Gloria, did the earthquake do any damage to your building?  Hope you are OK.

Take care, All.
phyllis
Cary,NC