Random Image

AZ MAY 2002 (112).jpg

Owner: donklan
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:09:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Holiday Theme

Started by Oldiesmann, November 27, 2020, 11:22:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldiesmann

I decided to give the site a nice festive look for the holidays. Let me know what you think, and if you prefer to switch back to the previous theme, go to the "Look and Layout" section of your profile and set your theme to "SMF Default Theme - Curve2". Doing this will also ensure you keep this theme if I change the default theme again in the future.

Marilyne

Michael - Senior's & Friends looks wonderful!  I love it!  Thank you for bringing us some much needed  Christmas Cheer!

so_P_bubble

What a nice surprise, Michael!  At first I thought I had clicked on the wrong short cut or had been hijacked... :2funny:

We certainly need brightening the mood toward the holidays.  Thank you for this initiative.

P.S. could we have the writing in white for "save", "quote" etc?  Green  or even black on green is hard to see.

phyllis

This new look is delightful, Michael.  I like it a lot! Thank you for the cheerful uplift.
phyllis
Cary,NC

jane

LOVE IT!  What we need now.

Cottoncandy

[I love the new look......thank you Micheal/size]

CallieOK

I also like the Holiday Trimmings. Thank you, Michael!

(I agree about having black print on the green.  I have trouble reading white print on anything.)

Amy

This puts a festive feeling in here. Once again thank you Michael.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Tomereader1

Thanks Michael. So clean and clear and beautiful!

Oldiesmann

Tweaked a few things...

Fixed the text color on the quote/quick edit buttons as requested
New logo with the forum name instead of just "Merry Christmas"
The header image now spans the entire width of the site

Thanks to the theme designer for fixing the images :)

RAMMEL

I didn't post this (Not this year anyway - 2021)  Note the date of the post above.

Quote from: Oldiesmann on November 28, 2020, 11:17:26 PMTweaked a few things...

Fixed the text color on the quote/quick edit buttons as requested
New logo with the forum name instead of just "Merry Christmas"
The header image now spans the entire width of the site

Thanks to the theme designer for fixing the images :)
"quote/quick edit buttons" still white to me. The "More" button is black.
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

Oldiesmann

"More..." has been fixed now as well :)

Astro

Refreshing new look!  Atta way!

Shirley

I'm slow to get here but  :thumbup:  from me as well! I still see white print on the green tabs, my eyes aren't in great shape so wasn't sure it wasn't just ME!

Oldiesmann

Quote from: Shirley on December 01, 2020, 08:21:57 PMI'm slow to get here but  :thumbup:  from me as well! I still see white print on the green tabs, my eyes aren't in great shape so wasn't sure it wasn't just ME!

The text is supposed to be white - it was originally black, which was hard for most people to read.

Tomereader1

Hi, Oldiesmann.  Maybe you could design a "Mardi Gras" holiday theme for February, and then a "Valentine" one.  I'd love it, either way.

Oldiesmann

The holiday theme was made by someone else. I'm terrible at design-related things :P

Tomereader1

Okay, just thought I'd ask!

Oldiesmann

Holiday theme has returned again :)

I might need to tweak the text color of some of the buttons but everything else appears to be working fine. Let me know if you find any issues.

RAMMEL

Looks good. Just what I needed - a bit of a lift. Thanks
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

Marilyne

Thank you Michael!   It looks  cheerful and festive! 🎅🏻 🎄   

Vanilla-Jackie

Love it, what a pleasant surprise at 7.am Monday UK...
" There is no present like the time "

so_P_bubble

I thought I landed on the wrong site!
It is delightfully cheerful :)  Thank you Michael for the festive mood.

Amy

Michael, thank you!! I think everyone needs a cheering up at this time..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

jane

THANKS, Michael.  It's PERFECT!!

Sandy

Thanks Michael !! 

Looking  Very GOOD!!
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Oldiesmann

Just noticed that the login link at the top of the page doesn't work at the moment. I'll look into it when I get a chance but for now you can use the login box on the left side of the page to login instead.

Oldiesmann

Temporary fix has been made for now (it takes you to the login screen rather than giving you the fancy popup login thingy). Will fix it better tomorrow.

so_P_bubble

Thank you Michael!
Have a happy and meaningful celebration.  I hope the Corona will not interfere with your plans.

Oldiesmann

Hope everyone had a good holiday. I'm going to leave the holiday theme up through the end of the year, though you can always go back and choose it again from your profile if you want to use it longer :)